Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lamacgandalflamacgandalf Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Still shopping for one in the LA area. Got a quote a while back for one with:
    Nav
    Backup cam
    Tow Prep
    Floor + cargo mat
    for 28799 + tax (30.6) OTD.

Now has a different quote with:
    Nav
    Backup cam
    Tow prep
    Carpet + cargo mat + 1st aid kit
    Blu Logic Handsfree
    Wheel locks
    for 29950 + tax (32.9) OTD.

Could someone comment on these configurations? I do not think I particularly need the bells & whistle of flooring and wheel lock, but the bluetooth system sounds good (not good for 1K+ though). Thanx.

Exhaust tip (?what is this?)
    Door sill enhancement
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Exhaust tip (?what is this?)
    Door sill enhancement

Chrome exhaust tip and most likely a chrome strip on the door sill (which you only see when you open the door)..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tina99tina99 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Hank,

Is 23909 before or after the 1000 graduation rebate?

Thanks!

Tina
  • edmunds26edmunds26 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Just got RAV4

22100 + 6% tax in Atlanta area

RAV4 2011 Base + Value Package + 3rd row seat
    Mats included
  • tina99tina99 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Is this (22100 + 6% tax in Atlanta area) a FWD or 4WD, 4 cyl or 6 cyl? Thanks!
  • rav4manrav4man Member Posts: 21
    Oh my doodlesqwuiggly wiggly now all those number much too much yoyun deal more. 21,286 plus tax you gotta find that same car a 2 dealerships and do the lowest price back and forth thing until one of those dealers bites at it and don;t let em stick you in that little windowless room and work you over They print those invoices up in the back room you don't know that about them squat you right you know.
  • edmunds26edmunds26 Member Posts: 4
    FWD 4 cyl

No other upgrades other than the two I mentioned.
  • bim7bim7 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2011 rav4 sport V6 4wd with appearance package last week. Later in the day of the pickup I noticed that the two rear seat off center headrests weren't low profile like the center rest but are tall like the front seat headrests. This prevents the rear seat from folding down unless they are removed and reduces rearview. The dealer in Oakland claims that's the way it came from the factory.
    Makes no sense. 2 replacement low profile rear headrests are about $1,100. The same amount I received off msrp.
    All the literature shows the rav with low profile head rests in the rear. Complaining to Toyota is a circular method. Anyone else having this problem?
    Is this a Toyota bait and switch or a dealer swap?
  • danatnjusdanatnjus Member Posts: 2
    Hi Hank, Is the 23909 covering the tax ?
  • danatnjusdanatnjus Member Posts: 2
    So did you buy it at that price? :)
  • njrav4njrav4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am in the market for a 2011 RAV4 limited with navi v4 AWD. Could you share the name of the dealership that you purchased from?
  • helpmebuyacarhelpmebuyacar Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Hi I am in the market for a 2011 RAV4 limited with navi v4 AWD. Could you share the name of the dealership that you purchased from? NJ
  • camrykillercamrykiller Member Posts: 9
    Took the plunge and bought a certified 2010 Rav4 with 16,600 miles. Silver with 17" wheel package, running lights, roof rack, and tinted windows. Sale price was 17,750. I think i got a great deal considering dealers are selling this same car with 3 times the mileage for more money than this. Only thing is, I think I have that grinding noise at cold start that some people are complaining about. I know its covered under warranty, but I hate leaving a car at the dealer overnight for diagnosis. The car is a sweet ride, and I'm getting great gas mileage in the first week I've had it. I know the computer in the car is probably off, but its telling me I'm getting between 29.0 and 30.0mpg highway at around 65mph-70mph speeds. Not too shabby for an SUV!
  • rampramp Member Posts: 11
    I am planning to buy the same vehicle, can you pls share the invoice and dealer information.

Thanks,
    Ram
  • roby1broby1b Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2005 Rav4 with a taller rear headrests. I test drove the 2011 Rav this summer and noticed the lower retriangle rear seatheads. I love it because it is better visibility. When I went to purchase the Rav4 this October and was looking at the different model (basic, sport, & LE), I noticed the change in the headreads. Only one Rav4 on the lot had the lower headread but was not the color I wanted. I point it out to the saleperson and told him that was a "DEAL BREAKER". The dealer didn't know why there was a change in the headrest, but all the Rav4s coming in are like that. The fix was to order the old headrest and swap them out. The COST under $300 but it would take 2 months to get. He asked if I was ok with swap them out if another demo come w/lower headrest. I said yes. In the end the saleperson GIVE ME THE HEADREST AT NO COST since we are swapping them out (the dealer keeping the higher rest). Note: This is the 4th car I have purchased from same saleman. I have purchased 5 cars from this dealer (Star Toyota) in the last 17 years. My suggestion is to go to another dealer. *the saleman did check to see if the change was due to safety reason and the answer was no.
  • griffskigriffski Member Posts: 1
    Get the vehicle in. There is a recall on defective exhaust cams. A dealer will have a list of the VIN numbers potentially affected. Mine blew on my 2010 Rav4 4WD at about 10K and the dealer has replaced the engine head gasket, exhaust cam assembly, & oil reservoir once & exhaust cam gaskets twice (covered by TMC). BTW I was running 29 highway mpg before repairs, 30.2-30.4 after.
    Hello again,

Looking for input before making a purchase this weekend or next.
    Finally have a solid offer after 2+ months of shopping for a RAV4.
    OTD price in LA area is 32.5K. Break down is as followed:

Limited RAV4 V6 FWD base listed at 27385
    Navigation value package listed at 2195
    Bluetooth listed at 299
    Integrated rearview mirror with backup camera listed at 475
    Tow prep listed at 160
    Preferred accessory package listed at 277
    Exhaust tip listed at 85
    Wheel locks listed at 81

At 29.6K tax by DMV calculator is 2887 or 32537 to be exact.
    Before destination charge would be 29.6 - 810 = 28840.

This looks like a good deal (at least 2 dealers offer this). Any suggestion please? Thanx.

MSRP for this config is 3
  • helpmebuyacarhelpmebuyacar Member Posts: 3
    Hi, ask the dealer if they will let you look at an invoice. Once they give it to you, you can try to go below the invoice price. I bought 2011 LMTD. 4WD V6 w/Nav and key less. The dealers invoice was $32,248 including destination $810. I bought it for $30,150 +tax. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    Thank you for your input.
    Not sure why there is a difference in the MSRP calculation of this vehicle.
    The dealer print out says it's valued at 31926. I punched in the options at truecar and get 32666.
    At any rate, truecar says dealer cost is 30258 and invoice is 30805 (including destination charge).
    Subtracting tax by DMV calculator in CA (2885) from OTD price = 29615 (including destination charge).
    It looks like I'm getting ~1200 below dealer invoice. Not as great as your savings. Are you in CA? I hunted for 2+ months, and no dealer is giving any figures near these numbers except for 2 places (way out in the middle of nowhere). Thanx.
  • tobymtobym Member Posts: 7
    Recently bought this car with blizzard pearl color. $30,000 OTD, dealer wouldn't go below that and I don't want to spend more time negotiating more. upgrades: Premium Plus Value Package, rearview mirror, window tint, and a few dealer add-ons.

I feel like you can get the car $500-$1000 less if working harder. :surprise:
  • macgandalfmacgandalf Member Posts: 25
    Congrats.
    That sounded like very aggressive pricing. What is the MSRP price and tax rate where you're at?
  • tobymtobym Member Posts: 7
    The stick price is 328xxx OTD. I am in TX, 6.25%
  • macgandalfmacgandalf Member Posts: 25
    Thanx for the info.
    That is very good pricing indeed. You purchased for 28.1K for 30.8K MSRP - 2.7K off MSRP (8.8% off sticker price). Truecar listed in general dealer cost as 2K below MSRP. You're closed to dealer cost (not even deal invoice). Very good saving! Don't think they'll go another 500 (current incentive is 500 off or finance options).
  • naveen1naveen1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi- Need everyone's help. I am planning to buy a RAV4. Doesnt matter if it is 2011 or 2012. I would like NEW. For a 2011 when is the best time to buy. they are trying to clear out 2011 giving way for the 2012 rav4s coming this december 20th I heard. So should I buy over the thanksgiving or christmas or Newyears. Does the endof month or endofyear quota criterion kick in to give me a good deal ?

Also - Is there any significant difference with the 2012 Rav4 ? Can someone also confirm the date of release ? I am looking for a base v4 model. My wife would really like heated seats. What would you suggest, I am in western michigan, so any good dealerships le tme know. Can travel to chicago or detroit for a good deal too. What price do you think will be a good one.
  • drumsdrums Member Posts: 17
    @ naveen have you found a answer to your search for rav4. Did you purchase 2011 or 2012? I would like with 4WD or AWD and the limited package. Is there significant difference between 2011 and 2012 model. I would like some feedback. I am looking to purchase in NY, NJ or upstate new york. Please help. Looking to purchase soon.....
  • rav42011rav42011 Member Posts: 5
    Hi All, I'm planning to buy Rav4 2011 base model with upgrade of Third row and Leather seat option.

Specification
    Rav4 2011 , 4 WD with 4 cylinders the dealer quoting after lot of bargains they are finally stick on around 26K, I would like to know that is that something good deal or do I need to still wait?

Appreciated expert inputs, please help me out on this.
    Have you closed your deal?
    No I have not. Want the best possible deal and we want blizzard pearl and limited edition....actually

we want blizzard pearl, 4WD, and leather seats. nothing else is mandatory. WE want OTD PRICES below 30K. We live in PA. I want to know what the lowest a dealer will gol
  • rav42011buyerrav42011buyer Member Posts: 9
    I got a Rav4 2011 Ltd Blizzard Pearl 2WD with premium value package, moonroof, leather seats, and other options like back up camera..we got it for ~25,000 OTD (+ tax and other fees) in May this year. Hope that helps
    thanks for quick response. where did you buy? we have 6 percent tax rate (PA) and I need 4WD drive bc of snowy weather here. I would like to know what ball park figure we should pay inclusive of all taxes and tags. which state did you buy from?
  • ooreaverooooreaveroo Member Posts: 2
    The wife and I decided to go new car browsing this past weekend and the first dealership we went into was determined to sell us a car. We ended up getting a 2011 v6 4wd Rav 4 sport. It came with the upgrade stereo system (6 disc changer), sun roof, appearance package with deleted spare tire, cargo mat, cargo cover and back-up camera. The listed MSRP for this vehicle was about 32k. We were able to get it for 25,500 + tax. OTD price was 28k. This seem like a really good deal on paper but with the 2012 on the way do you think i could have gotten a bit more off?
    I bought it in Georgia and our tax rate was 6%. After taxes we paid ~27K.
    what state did you buy this rav4 from? could you share a copy of your sticker price? I am trying to get 30K OTD (with 6 percent tax rate) and dealership is not really budging.......

Thanks for your help in advance.
    what state did you buy this rav4 from? could you share a copy of your sticker price? I am trying to get 30K OTD (with 6 percent tax rate) and dealership is not really budging.......

Thanks for your help in advance.

what does deleted spare tire mean?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Sport models come with 18" run-flat tires.... and, no spare..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

the sport models are generally more expense than limited v4 engine with spare time? right? I trying to figure out what the bottom line is for rav4 limited edition ....
    I also bought a new RAV 4 base model with upgrade of leather seat and 3rd row option for $26,000 in GA, is that good deal?
  • naveen1naveen1 Member Posts: 2
    I did not get the rav 4 yet. I am planning on waiting until Christmas eve - go talk to the Dealers (will be the first tiem) and then give them a week to negotiate and go back on Newyears eve to buy. Hopefully by then they should have the 2012 in the lot.

By what I hear- there are not much differences between 2011 and 2012. I am not too sure though.

Also - Checkout the Toyota Sharethon - they seem to be giving away 500-1000$ if tweet. just google it and you will know..more like a mail in rebate but you need to tweet. I created a dummy account.

Let me know what you decide too. I am in michigan and plan to get it either in the west side or east side of the state.
  • ooreaverooooreaveroo Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    I made my purchase in Arizona with 9% tax
  • rav4buyer5rav4buyer5 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for $21800 for base Rav4, 4 cylinder with 3rd row + Toyoguard + base value package (roof rack, 17 inch steel wheel etc) + carpet mat

Is this a good deal?
    Information Needed Urgent, do you mean $21,800 including the leather seat with 4DR? is this which location?

I'm decided the buy for 26,200 is that worth? or I can stop this deal for a while.
  • rav4buyer5rav4buyer5 Member Posts: 2
    This is not for leather seat. its in GA.
    Are you in GA or nearby?
    Yes, I'm in atlatna and got this deal for on road price including the tax.
  • ltdrav4meltdrav4me Member Posts: 1
    i went to a dealer and MSRP shown by them is 32k.
    Edmund shows 26, 989 as great price. But dealer said that the edmunds price is based on sticker price of 30k which doesnt include premium package(which adds another 1800-2000).
    Since 2012 model is coming to market in Jan 2012, what is the best price I can ask for? people who got a good deal in recent time please respond.

appreciate your help
  • shirzhnagshirzhnag Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for the information. I am in Atlanta. Which car deal did get from?
  • shirzhnagshirzhnag Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    I am in the market for Rav4 as well. 21800 is great deal with 3rd seats for drive out. Can you please let me know from which dealer you got that price. Thank you so much!!
    I bought mine from Atlanta too. got a Rav4 LTD 2WD with value package, back up mirror, leather seats, moonroof, mats and all. I got it for ~27K OTD.
  • nickhuynh813nickhuynh813 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone im new to the forums. My fiance and I are looking to buy a 2011 base v6 2wd. We live in Florida. What would be a fair price? Thank you very much (without tax,tag,title)
  • ziggy1991ziggy1991 Member Posts: 1
    Does your quote of 21,800 include all taxes, title and other fees (tag)?
  • lane2004lane2004 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I am interested in purchasing 2011 RAV4, this morning I test one (my test drive of buying experience this round). I liked the vehicle very much, but this was the first stop out of several dealerships. Once we were in the office, I asked what they could do for me price-wise and the sales manager basically told me that he would not give me a quote until Monday. I suppose I should have left out the fact that I would be back Monday, but I found it very strange that I was even given a number.

Other details: I am a late 20's female and had my mother along for company since my husband had to work. I did mention that he would be back with me Monday, but that I was the one making the payment and the decision. I suspect I was not taken seriously without my husband (even though this is my car and 100% my decision & $$).

MSRP is $25,300, cloth seats, sun-roof, roof rack, 6 disc changer. I have read through this forum and would like to pay around $23,000 OTD (preferably less), is this reasonable? I appreciate your feedback & suggestions/pointers. Thanks and Merry Christmas!