Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• billp9billp9 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a white 4wd RAV4 Limited in Orange County, Ca. Display Audio with Nav/Entune and JBL (also add blind spot monitor/rear cross traffic if not included in this option).

Dealer suggestions appreciated. I'd like to handle this by email.

Thanks,

Bill
  • campo5setscampo5sets Member Posts: 1
    Hi there Harry, I am in New Jersey and all ready to purchase a new RAV4 Limited AWD. I'd greatly appreciate it if you would please email me ( campo5sets at aol dot com ) your hook up for 200 over invoice, thank you!!
  • johnnyo319johnnyo319 Member Posts: 12
    Conicelli Toyota in PA.
  • allenmarballenmarb Member Posts: 1
    Hi Harry,
    I'm in NJ too - would you please send me the contact info for the dealer you're talking about? My gmail is allenastor. Thanks!
  • giggling07giggling07 Member Posts: 2
    I'm currently looking at a 2013 rav4 xle AWD. With mats and cross bars. Sale price of 24,388. Plus tax and license so 26,875 out the door. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Seems pretty good to me, but I need a second opinion. Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• danieltsai0827danieltsai0827 Member Posts: 4
    where do you live?
  • giggling07giggling07 Member Posts: 2
    Bay Area
  • toyotaonlytoyotaonly Member Posts: 2
    Below invoice not msrp. I also added blind spot monitor otd was $30179.80. When is your last time buy a new car? I can email you my statement.">
  • dotheadharrydotheadharry Member Posts: 8
    I buy new cars every day. Sell them too. 1500 in the tank on a 13 rav4 is insane but nothing is impossible. I've seen crazier things happen lol
  • tpthtpth Member Posts: 4
    RAV4 Limited with Navi $30,400 OTD with $1000 rebate (new grad and MFR). Is this a good deal?
  • james_atljames_atl Member Posts: 1
    I did about 20 hours of research and contacted all the Atlanta metro dealers with a clear message I was ready to buy and have cash. Two dealers replied with competitive offers.

I bought a 2013 RAV4 FWD Limited June 29th (no additional options) for $26121.78 including all dealer fees. If you're in Atlanta too that comes to $27,893.05 out the door with 6.5% tax/tag. The vehicle has the elite Toyoguard, but it was included in the dealer fee/price above because I asked for out the door quotes in my email to avoid haggling over fees.

The second best offer included floor mats for about $450 higher so 26k is a good, but not exclusive price if you're willing to put in a few hours. Happy hunting!

James
  • ncdcncdc Member Posts: 1
    Well done! Wish I had a dealer willing to sell me a "no option" Rav4 Limited FWD here in NC for a similar price. The only option I'm willing to pay for is the Blind Spot Monitoring. No dealer is even CLOSE to 27K OTD... which with 3% NC tax, should be possible. [sigh] :D
  • jeffnajeffna Member Posts: 2
    I live in Hudson County NJ and stopped by the local dealership.
    I was quoted $31,600 out the door for the limited AWD. I believe and know I can do better
    from reading past post. Any advise fellow Edmund followers?
  • tpthtpth Member Posts: 4
    I locked in the deal on Monday for the Limited AWD with Navigation, OTD $30,500 with $1,000 rebate from Toyota ($500 RAV4 rebate, which ended on Monday, and $500 new grad rebate). Came out to be $29,500 OTD. Will pick up next week.
  • johnnyo319johnnyo319 Member Posts: 12
    Picked up an AWD Blizzard Pearl with Navi and Blind Spot Monitor/Cross Traffic option for $30,623 OTD. This was a dealer trade and was driven here from another dealer.

Here is the breakdown:

Price of Vehicle: 28,665
    Tax: 1719
    New Tags + Fees: 239
    Total OTD = 30,623

MSRP: 31,405
    Edmunds Invoice: 29,315

Did not qualify for new grad rebate.
  • innjinnj Member Posts: 3
    To dotheadharry or anybody who got pm from dotheadharry -

In the market for Rav4 Limited. Would love to use your connection. Please email me on my gmail account - arso dot shop.

Thanks.
  • g00mbsg00mbs Member Posts: 2
    I pretty much have a deal locked in on a Limited with Nav+JBL+etc, Blindspot/cross traffic alert, floor matts, roof rack cross bars.

MSRP - $31,869
    Invoice - $30,153
    Our price - $29,153

They are getting some kickbacks from Toyota that add up to about $900. At least that is what it showed on the invoice. Either way, I think we got a deal.

Price with tax and fees - $32,118
    Tax is almost 9% where I am (NorCal)

Even though I paid a little more OTD than some others, I considered this a good deal.

My real question is with the Xprotect, extended warranty, and extended maintenance plan. Are they worth it? Costs I was quoted:

Xprotect = $895
    Extended Warranty (8/years) = $1950
    Extended Maintenance (5years/75K) = $1760

My first instinct is to say no to it all, but I found this forum and thought I'd ask. Need to decide tomorrow (7/16)

Thanks.
    This is what I have locked-in:

RAV4 Limited + NAV
    Floor carpet matts
    All weather matts
    Remote start
    Wheel locks

Total: $28,716 + tax (7%) + fees - 750 rebate = $30,449

Is this a good ideal?
    edited July 2013
    I believe you can get Extended Warranty anytime (perhaps within X months or so). At least, that's what I did with my Honda Ody - it should be the same for Toyota.

Please double-check with your dealer.
  • g00mbsg00mbs Member Posts: 2
    I will, but I'm guessing I won't get it. The deal always is, if you buy it now, it is cheaper and discounted :)
  • lovelexus1lovelexus1 Member Posts: 13
    What was msrp striker price?
  • lovelexus1lovelexus1 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    I've pretty much got a deal locked in for 2013 Rav4 Limited with Navigation

Deal: $28,200 OTD inc tax and tag
    Price of car would be around $26,050 if I take out the tax and tag.
    MSRP: 28,955

They are throwing in Navigation along with all the other standards of the vehicle. Is this a good deal or can it be better?
  • jpatrick2jpatrick2 Member Posts: 17
    That's about 10% off MSRP. I'd call that a great deal..Go for it!!
  • indycarbuyerindycarbuyer Member Posts: 9
    2013 limited AWD, no navi
    Deal: 27,335
    Doc fees: 151
    Tax 1,913
    OTD: 29,400

MSRP of 29,947

Good deal?
  • bonnanobonnano Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    Just bought a 2012 RAV 4 2WD with 13K Says its a base model but has Sport Wheels, Moon Roof, BT, Leather, Fog Lamps, Roof Rails, Could not find another that was not a 4WD in the price Range within 150 miles. Did not like the 2013 changes.

Paid $21,500 plus $300 tax which I thought was $1000 too high. But we could not find one with low miles with the same equipment. We could have bought the base 2013 for $1400 more but the wife preferred the room under the back floor and cubby holes of the old style.

This time she wanted some bells and whistles. We had tried to buy it before and the dealer would not budge. So we decided to offer $1000 under NADA/KBB since we keep cars for 5 years or more.
    She had a 2006 we sold. (It had been in a bad wreck (>$10,000 damage) Carfax was a mess, so the dealers were offering $6000 ACV. We put it on CL along with the VIN number and accident information (30K ago) sold it for $9500.
  • jw90jw90 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    HI, This sounds like a very good deal. Can you advise of the dealership's name, salesman's name and location ? I am in the market. Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wefitwefit Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased a Rav4 XLE FWD for 22707(car+freight+ 750 financing rebate for graduated student) + Title, Taxes and dealership fees. Out the door price worked out to be $23481.40.

Car also comes with floor/cargo mats and roof rack cross bars.

Bought in Northern Virginia.

Dealership was willing to go pick up the car from another dealership since they didn't have the color combination I wanted.
  • yessigyessig Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone,

i received a quote for an xle awd- $26,000 otd. (i live in nj) would this be considered a good deal?

thank you in advance for your responses.
  • nd4spd5nd4spd5 Member Posts: 1
    Does it include tax? I got a 2013 rav4 xle awd for $24,800 total came upto 26K with tax,title and fees. I live in WI.
  • prezrivprezriv Member Posts: 12
    Just bought in NJ

Sticker $27986.00
    Paid Out of Door $27200.(Include NJ Sales Tax $1729.23,$359 Doc Fee,$401.00 Licence and Reg,$7.50 Tire Fee)
  • aigochamalohaigochamaloh Member Posts: 121
    Just traded in our '11 Honda CR-V SE for a '13 Rav4 LE in Silver. Walked out at 24.0K OTD, hopefully that was good. We felt like it was. Enjoying the car so far!
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    Incredible!! Turned down a brand-new model '13 zero miles for an used, old-style model '12 with 13K miles for $1400 difference ....Even with zero mile, the '12 should be at least $2K below the '13 but different stroke for different people.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    How much would it be for the '13 LE without trade?
  • aigochamalohaigochamaloh Member Posts: 121
    It doesn't matter if you trade or not, my OTD on the Rav4 was 24k. Had equity on our trade so it went into the downpayment, which was nice.
  • lyn231lyn231 Member Posts: 1
    I just took delivery of a '13 RAV 4 LE yesterday (Sept 20), and also walked OTD for $24,000. I felt this was a good price, but have been somewhat second guessing, so it's comforting to see others paid same or near same (unless we're all deluded). My Toyota is red with latte interior, and that OTD price included 2 sets of mats (carpet & all weather), roof rails, and tonneau cover, as well as the local tax, dest. fees, doc feels, warranties, etc. I live in NC but bought the car in Myrtle Beach, SC at Sparks Toyota.
  • ellen2013ellen2013 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Yessig:
    I think you got an excellent deal. Can you share with us which dealership you received the quote from? I would like to get the same deal from them.
    Did you buy the car using this price?
  • mikelevine64mikelevine64 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    Purchased new 2013 Rav4 Limited FWD, Shoreline Blue, Ash interior
    Options Blind Spot Monitoring, JBL System and Carpet Mats.
    Price $28,595 + tax and tag.
  • satellitessatellites Member Posts: 9
    Can someone explain 'lease cash' with regards to the lease offer on the EV? Is it a roundabout way of the dealer getting the tax incentives and other rebates for electric vehicles and then applying that to the cap cost?

Anyone know the residual and money factor on this deal?

Is it possible to do this without any other cap cost reduction to lower the drive off?

carman?

thanks!
  • albelferalbelfer Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,
    I live in NJ and shopping for RAV4 XLE AWD. $26K looks excellent, but does it include all the fees and taxes. What is real OTD price? The best I've got so far is $27.5K. Where exactly did you get $26K? Could you tell dealer's name/dealership? Tnx
  • albelferalbelfer Member Posts: 2
    Could you please let me know the dealership, where you got that rare deal?
    AlBel
  • shreedrshreedr Member Posts: 1
    There was an Ad for the last vehicle at the dealership for RAV4 XLE FWD and I took it on Friday. I have been waiting for a good deal for a month and I think it was worth the wait.
    This was with the cross bars + floor mat carpets + cargo mat carpet = total MSRP = $25604
    I got this for $23104 (dealer price including destination/processing/handling)

Along with the fees and taxes (document fee/reg fee/taxes) it came to $25500.
  • thriller2thriller2 Member Posts: 7
    Past Monday I bought new 2013 RAV4 XLE FWD $22,000 + Tax Tag & title in Socal ( Greater LA area ). I think I got awesome deal. This was less than TrueCar price and almost $2k below factory invoice price. This included $500 Toyota discount as I went with my credit union for financing.
  • thriller2thriller2 Member Posts: 7
    This was with the cross bars + floor mat carpets + cargo mat carpet + cargo privacy cover = msrp was $25,375 for $22K + TTT from DCH Toyota Torrance in SoCal.I requested price quote via Edmunds and fixed the whole deal via email. James (goes by Judd ) & Dana are the best internet sales guys & played no games. I was in and out of the dealership within an hour with my RAV4.
  • firstravfourfirstravfour Member Posts: 1

Just bought a 2013 XLE Rav 4 (14 miles) model 4440A, Magnetic Gray, Ash Fabric interior, Bluetooth, sunroof, carpet mats.... $27, 988 (sticker), MSRP $25, 205. I negotiated OTD price of $24,500 which included tax, tag, title, all dealer fees AND they upgraded cloth seats to my choice of leather!!

• rav41213rav41213 Member Posts: 2

Yesterday I bought a 2013 Rav4 XLE from the suburbs of Atlanta - Magnetic Gray with Ash Fabric Interior. Added Options were Navigation and Carpet Floor & Trunk Mats. MSRP $26,634 (including added options). Negotiated OTD price was $24,000 , including all taxes and fees. .
    Once thing I observed is that most of the in-stock inventory has multiple options already installed (ToyoGuard, Paint protection etc) which you may not want, but the dealer will still try to make that money out of you. So you would have better luck with the price if you locate a vehicle in their inventory with just the options you need (or nothing at all, if the option you require can be added at the dealership) .

• fassa26fassa26 Member Posts: 7

Just looked at the new 2014 rav XLE with all the options. Loved the body style, but I HATE the design of the interior. The seats are not leather, they are softex. How can they not put Leather for the top of the line rav. The design on the dash is horrible. This made me not want the RAV4. Whomever came up with that interior design and them softex interior should be fired from toyota!

• cheapjackcheapjack Member Posts: 26

I'm thinking about leasing a 2013 RAV4 LE and saw a lease deal on Toyota's website:
    $199 a month for 24 months and $999 DUE AT SIGNING
    Questions:
    1) Is this a good deal?
    2) Is it negotiable further or is it low enough?
    3) What does the following mean? "Special lease offer requires application of $2100 GST RAV4 lease subvention cash."
    4) I might buy the car at the end of 24 months (LEASE END PURCHASE OPTION is $16876 plus tax, title and license). Is that price negotiable now or at the end of the lease?

The salesman says that the lease is a Toyota Corporate plan and is pretty much set in stone.

Thank you for your help.

• carbuyernow1carbuyernow1 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2014

Anyone leaving close to atlanta please recommend me dealer info with best prices on 2013 Rav4. I live in birmingham, but can go around.