Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX 470

13»

Comments

• sysweisyswei Member Posts: 1,804
    Where did you read this, Doc?
  • major7major7 Member Posts: 31
    Does anyone know what features will be added to the 2007 GX 470 for this fall? ..Bob
  • shegarnershegarner Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for any information on the new 2007 GX 470. Release date, new colors, pricing? I haven't been able to find anyone to help me with this information. I'm ready to make a decision on the GX 470 but I would really like to know when the new models will be released before I pull the trigger.
  • sma3sma3 Member Posts: 28
    Its kind of disappointing....

According to an editor over at clublexus...

Exterior:
    Carryover

Interior:
    • Available enhanced Rear Seat Entertainment System (larger 9” screen)
    • Available Mark Levinson® DVD Premium Audio System
    • Available upgraded Nav. system (fifth generation) with Bluetooth®, voice activation and rear back-up camera
    • MP3/iPod® audio input plug

Mechanical:
    Carryover

...and supposedly, no color changes, no wheel changes. I wished the Sport Package could be had with the brown wood interior trim (since almost impossible to order the KDSS-as a stand-alone option, getting to keep the brown wood trim).
  • cwilbscwilbs Member Posts: 14
    Does anyone see a difference in the two rides? Comfort or sport ride setting? I'm not sure if its my imagination or what but I do see a big difference in the Gx. When I had my 2000 Lx not so much
  • sma3sma3 Member Posts: 28
    http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/pub/setStartOptions.do
    lets you choose GX 470, then you can pick either 2006 or 2007. A couple things I noticed in my comparison (zip is in South Florida; Note, the Sport Package is still not offered in my area but the black wood trim seems to be available now without the Sport package for some colors):

1) No MSRP increase (still $46,635 + 695 destination)
    2) In my area, there are now 10 packages being offered instead of 20.
    3) 2 identical 2006 packages with Nav are now about $200 more in my area for 2007.
    4) 3 identical 2006 packages with Nav & RSES are now about $300 more in my area for 2007.
    5) As stated before, same 7 exterior colors, but...
    6) (again... no Sport Package offered in my area, but) These colors allowed me to choose interior colors with the black birds-eye maple trim: Titanium Metallic, Ash Blue Mica, and Black Onyx (not sure if this is a mistake or what).
    7) On the Accessories page (page 4), there is now an item called "17-inch Six-Spoke Alloy Wheels"

So to summarize, no price increase, but some of the more popular packages seem to have a $200-$300 price increase and there might be a way to get the black wood trim on some colors without the Sport Package (what I really wanted was the Sport Pkg available with the brown wood since stand-alond KDSS is so difficult to get).
  • jasp2jasp2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I'm waiting on my 2006 GX470 it should be in this Monday or Tuesday. In the 2006 I'm already getting the Mark Levinson® DVD Premium Audio System
    • Available upgraded Nav. system (fifth generation) with Bluetooth®, voice activation and rear back-up camera Maybe it's because it's a late 2006. I'm not sure of the others. All I know is this is as loaded as one can get including the lexus link.
    My 2006 GX 470 is completely loaded too....just got it about a month ago. Lexus Link etc. The DVD system is not something I really cared about since my kids are in college now and not as likely to watch it in the backseat but since it was there i have it. I wonder how much longer into 2006 they will keep having them available till the 2007 comes out. What color is yours Jasp2?
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Hi there, Do you like the truck? What type of vechile did you come from? I got the Savannah Met. w/Ivory Interior. I got the pkg that has everything in it as for the rear DVD I had to get that in order to get the lexus link. They don't let you pick and chose like the American made cars. I have an 05 Escalade right now with On Star but I was tired of all the unfinished details on a 65,000 truck (had an 03 and believe it or not it was better and had more on it that is not avaible in the 05) not to mention that after taking it on a trip to North Myrtle Beach (10 hour ride for us) we only got 12 miles to the gallon both ways. Now the only thing I can say nice about the truck is it really held the road and drove great but for that once a year ride it's not worth the rattles and lack of detail. We should get the new truck I think this Wednesday (Aug 30th) We are kinda nervous about the size after owning around 16 large trucks but I'm tried of throwing money out the window buying American made trucks (trade in value) and the service around me stinks for Cadillac (been to a couple of dealers)and even 15 miles to the gallon is much better then what we are getting since we will always have a truck.
    Sorry, I posted before I was actually done. I have always had excellent service from Lexus and you are right, you can't even begin to compare the quality between Lexus and the American made cars and trucks. The leather interior is really plush. Even with my 6 year old Lexus 470 LX it hardly had any rattles and other than normal wear it was still holding up great.I loved that SUV and I do miss it but like I said it was time for a change. I hope you can adjust to the smaller vehicle. You will appreciate the better gas mileage I'm sure.
    Be sure to post after you get your new GX 470 and let us know how you like it.
  • bobbio56bobbio56 Member Posts: 37
    When I went from the standard setting to the first sport setting I saw a major difference in cornering....the ride got a little stiffer, but it is worth it...I have the kinetic suspension and that helps alot...

How is your gx in hot weather? my seems to rev a lot from the stop light...but i do love it....
  • buckaroo067buckaroo067 Member Posts: 22
    I recognize the fact that these two cars are not the same class of vehicle yet my wife and I have reduced our choices of our new car to the GX470 from Lexus and the GL450 from Mercedes. We have leased 2 MLs in the past 6 years and have had no problems with either of them. This time around we wanted a third-row seat so after much debate we settled on these two. I have driven both extensively and am currently negotiating deals on both, but we can't decide!!
    Here are the things that are important to us:
    GL:
    More Power than GX
    More luxurious than GX
    Better handling than GX
    Power folding mirrors (not avail on GX)
    Integrated sattelite radio (only available as a separate unit on GX)
    Power folding third-row seat (goofy third-row in GX)

GX:
    Not as large as GL (12 inches shorter)
    Rear-seat entertainment (also available in GL but for more $$)
    Integrated Bluetooth (separate and expensive add-on on GL)

The difference in price is about $100/mo on a 3 year lease.

Should we get the Lexus and spend less money while still getting a nice vehicle ($1,000 over invoice), or should we go with the GL for only $100 more per month (selling below invoice - end of month deal)?
    Have you considered the Audi Q7 or the new-generation 2007 MDX?
    Yes we have considered ALL options and are down to these two.
    I haven't yet test driven either of the ones you are considering, as I won't be buying until Dec. But I do know that the GX has a serious problem with body roll, unless you get it with KDSS. Whereas the GL is from the same factory that builds the ML and R, which have poor reliability stats.
  • jasp615jasp615 Member Posts: 10
    It's funny that you mentioned this. I drive an 05 Escalade up until Tuesday when my new truck came in and we traded in the Escalade for a GX470. In this time when we made a choice to get rid of the Caddy we looked at the GL and I wasn't impressed at all. I think the Lexus with it's finishing touches and how it handles was so much better but that is just me. If you "need" the 3rd row sit then you don't really have a choice but I only wanted it in case of the rare moments that we many need to take one of my sons friends home or pick them up. Other then that we really didn't use it much (had that in the Caddy) As for the power folding mirrors I don't miss it (also had this in the caddy) I had XM radio and hardly used it if it's that important to you go to Best buys and pick up a moble unit. The bluetooth that is in the Lexus is something I didn't want to give up once I got a taste of it. In the end your the only one that can make this decission but for me the lexus was our choice. I have had 16 new full size SUV's in 23 yrs. I was a bit nervous getting such a small truck but after driving the GX I'm thrilled with it. Also think about it. If it's such a hot truck (GL) why would they be selling this below invoice when they just came out? Good luck with your choice. To me the 100 more a month for the lease just wasn't worth it but then again we buy we don't lease.

Sami
    We have had two Mercedes MLs in the past and have had no quality issues at all. They have been great vehicles. I am not worried about the GL quality becaues of this past experience and since I am leasing (everything will be under warranty) and maintenance visits are not that inconvenient for us.

From a performance and handling perspective the GL is in a completely different league than the GX. This is extremely apparent if you test drive both along the same route. Step on the gas in the GL and it will push you back in the seat.

The folding mirors are something we use all of the time because our garage doors are a bit narrow. We also have satellite radio in our '04 Accord and use it all of the time.

At the end of the day its really not the individual options that I have to think about, its really do I want to spend more for a car that is worth more to me or spend less for the GX470 which is certainly more than adequate.

I can't lose either way .. there is no right or wrong answer but it has been helpful to talk through it.
    All I will say is go with your gut. We didn't when we bought the 05 Caddy trading in the 03. If I had I wouldn't have bought another one. For me the GX drives great. I'm happy. Money was not a problem with us so I could have had anything I wanted and I believe you could also so listen to your gut and enjoy your new truck. If you make a mistake then in 3 yrs you can change it. Every car/truck has their strong points and there are many to choose from. For each person what they want or need is different that's why it's hard for anyone to tell you what is best.
    Has anyone installed the XM satellite receive and adaptor. The claim is that this device integrates with the existing GX system (display, steering wheel radio controls, etc).

Terk XMDirect Universal XM Satellite Radio
    SoundLinQ (Model SLX) - Auxiliary Input Adapter

These two devices also give you the ability to integrate your ipod into your vehicle.
  • kutchinskutchins Member Posts: 1
    The 2007 Brochure indicates XM as an available option, but so far, no one has been able to confirm that it really will integrate into the voice-response system. I found it strange that satellite radio has been available on Lexus SUVs smaller and larger than the GX470, but not on it.
  • BobsGT235BobsGT235 Member Posts: 63
    IF your GX has the 5th generation navigation system then it has to be a 2007 model year GX.
  • jturvoldjturvold Member Posts: 6
    I was told the 2007 GX470 did NOT have a 5th gen nav system. It was initially thought to, but it doesn't look like it happened.
    I was referring to the XM satellite options on the 2006 GX470. I have decided to Lease a 2006 model (over the 2007 Mercedes GL).
    I just looked at a 2007 GX470 yesterday and it had the 5th generation ML/Navigation system. Its easy to tell as the faceplate of the audio section has changed a bit. Also Lexus did away with the RSAS display on the ceiling where the interior light is. Now there is just a very plain looking interior light in its place. This only applies to the non RSES vehicles.
    I have an O6 which I was told had 5th gen in it already I just picked this truck up a week ago it just got into port. Can you tell me what other differences that you have noticed? Will it do more then the other?

Sami
    I don't believe any 06 GX's would have the 5th generation navigation system, no matter when it was built. Does your AM button for the radio system say "AM" or "AM-SAT"? That would be the difference. Also on the vehicles window sticker it would say that it has the 5th generation navigation system. But I still think only the 07 GX's will have the option of the 5th generation navigation system.
  • pscdocpscdoc Member Posts: 93
    Just bought an 06 and it does NOT have the 5th Gen Nav.
  • mojdodyrmojdodyr Member Posts: 23
    I do have 04 GX470 and would like to upgrade my navigation system with the newest DVD (the latest version is 5.1 I believe - my current is 3.1).
    Anyone knows how to do it? Is it as simple as putting the DVD into the tray and waiting for it to do the job?
    Anyone tried burned DVD from Ebay?
  • stormbringer1stormbringer1 Member Posts: 12
    I haven't been on this board in some time but here's my thoughts. Background was early summer of 2003, looked at every SUV on the market priced from Range Rover down. My wifes dream car was Mercedes(any lol). After some time narrowed things down to Lexus RX330 and ML350/500 I have many clients that traded in their ML because they were stinkers as I recall. Maybe because they were built in Alabama, oh well that's a long story. The MDX was not in this class with the Lexus, finish didn't appeal to us. We test drove the ML at least 5 times and had one for a weekend. Someone posted go with your gut and that's the answer. I couldn't at that point stomach an ML at the end of that current design. If you choose the third row seats they were terrible. It was not designed for that, it appeared the third row was just shoved in there. My wife loved the millenium package on the ML you know the different stiching on the seats and other small differences. My wife actually cried when we ordered the RX330, but realized from everyone that the Lexus was the way to go. I have twin girls(now 3) and every time we went to Lexus(greenwich, CT) they had that dam ash mica GX on the sidewalk. I would look at it each time and thought we could use the extra seats in the back. Well I think it was early Aug. 04 and we signed for an RX330 Really couldn't get the color combo that I wanted even though it was made in that combo. Two weeks later went in and ordered a 2004 GX and canceled the RX. This doesn't apply to you but at the time Lexus did not have the back up camera on the GX but did on the RX, go figure. When I read the Lexus site that back-up cameras were going to be added mid-year I was annoyed because this feature was one I was looking for. Took delivery end of Dec. 2004,first shipments with back-up cameras and haven't looked back since. Ok that was long but bear with me. I was actually annoyed that my GX didn't have certain features like folding side mirrors AND power third row side windows. Best vehicle I have owned and have owned so many. No big problems, not many minor ones either. The third row seats have paid for themselves and I'm glad I went with my gut. I really don't care for that kind of design but they are used. Most important can the mercedes drive up the side of a mountain. My wife drives this vehicle and never goes off road but if you have to this one would be a good choice. lol At the time back in 04 Lexus was just starting to offer XM( ihave mobile sirrius) but all I can say don't let $100. diffence sway you. Didn't the GX get an award for top ten trade in values form KBB I believe. Good luck. PS I thought the GX was more regal looking and the LX was at that time a little long in the tooth. Lexus is waiting too long for the LX replacement.
  • bigdmbigdm Member Posts: 5
    For the 2007 GX470 model does it include an in-dash 6 DVD auto-changer or is this in the glove compartment. The literature on the Lexus website is confusing.

BigDM
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    I could not figure out how to add this as a new topic, so I'm posting it here. We're looking to test drive a 2007 GX 470 in the Northeast with the Sport Package and Kinetic Dynamic Suspension...and are finding that no one in New England has one – it's only available by special order taking 4-5 months. Does anyone have experiences with these two packages? Do they dramatically improve aesthetics, ride or handling? We are thinking of downsizing from a Range Rover, and the GX 470 is a good candidate. Thanks!
  • major7major7 Member Posts: 31
    I am buying the Nav Pkg this week, '07 and asked about the sport/kinetic pkg. I have been told it is a stiffer ride so the handling is probably a little better. My wife has an '04 GX and now the '07 has Bluetooth, 5 speed, updated nav graphics, XM, and more HP so I'm happy overall. Quite a good experience in Monmouth, NJ from Ray Catena Lexus and Chad, the Internet Advisor. great place to go for a Lexus!! Bob
  • bhana1bhana1 Member Posts: 12
    :confuse: I have looked at a GX with sports package and navigation system and am getting $4000 off the MSRP. The only thing that concerns me is that it has not been crash tested (side impact) by IIHS. Also it scored poorly in the rear impact test on IIHS. what is the significance of results based on this test? Any opinion woud be appreciated.
  • danjhilldanjhill Member Posts: 3
    We have a 2007 GX 470. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add this option?
  • tinaw3tinaw3 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase a used 2005 GX470, but it does not have sat radio, which is something I currently have and use most of the time. Has anyone purchased the XM package from Lexus and installed it in their vehicle? Do I have any options?

This probably isn't the dealbreaker for buying this car, but it's something I would really like to have, if at all possible. This car is completely fully loaded..except for XM.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
  • lovingmylexuslovingmylexus Member Posts: 7
    We are going through Lexus and I just wondered what does it look like??? Is it IN the head rests? We are getting two put in....
  • anthonyl88anthonyl88 Member Posts: 15
    Well, I wouldn't buy the headrest monitors from Lexus. Why, because they charge way too much money for it and if you go to a good car audio store, you can buy a really nice headrest monitor, which is better than what Lexus offer and save at least 50% or more.
  • vincen1vincen1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys: I am new, and don't know if I am in the right forum. Please help me with your knowledge. I have a GX470 2003 which comes with neither a backup camera nor a bluetooth. I am thinking of installing these 2 items. Does someone have a recomndation for: which brands are suitable, and who can help to install. Thank you very much. Vincen1.
  • accordfreakaccordfreak Member Posts: 39
    Hi all, I've been thinking about upgrading to a 3row suv for some time. I'm lucky that I can be picky and can wait. I was anxious to see the new 2010 GX but just to take a closer look, I went to a dealer to see the 09 model. I was very surprised at how uncomfortable the 2nd row seats were. Is it just me or is there a lack of support there? the front seats didn't wow me either. Frankly I hope the new model has better comfort otherwise this is a real bubble burst-er for me.
  • rafi111111rafi111111 Member Posts: 1
    i have notice that the back of my car is all the way up, i try drop it down by pressing the button, it show blinking light but not going down and goes back to neutral, i had my brake change a week ago, can some one tell me if it is related? or does some one know how to fix it?
  • vchengvcheng Member Posts: 1,284
    You likely need a new rear height control sensor.
  • yassyyassy Member Posts: 70
    THREAD? i dont know how to do this otherwise i would. thanks
  • kelly2000kelly2000 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I have a Lexus 2006 GX470. Does anyone know if it has a USB port? if yes, where? Also, I was able to pair my cell phone with the handfree system of the car, but I also want to be able to listen to my music (from my phone) using the car speaker, does anyone know if it's possible? Can you show me? Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.