Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gilbyg27gilbyg27 Member Posts: 11
    Hello Farmer20,

Where did you get this deal?

The MSRP was $52,668 and includes Nav/Mark Lev, 3rd row, mats, wheel locks, cargo net, spoiler, and tow hitch with ball. The invoice was $46,153 and I picked it up two days ago for $46,500+TTL. Probably could have got it for less if I waited for the end of month, but wife was impatient since ext/int color was what she wanted. Anoher dealer offered $46,200 but without tow hitch nor spoiler. Good luck in your search.

I am about to buy a similar 2009 for $200 above Invoice @ $48,282.

I would not mind saving $2,000 ....please Advise. :blush:
    Hello 2bcool,

In the Philadelphia area, Dealer Invoice is around $48,000 loaded without entertainment package. What is it near you?

Thanks,

Gilbyg27
  • bobby53bobby53 Member Posts: 2
    Hallo Gilbyg27
    I live in philadelphia area and I bought a new Lexus GX 470 for 48,600 + tax and tag. MSRP 56700.00. This was fully loaded. Bouht it from wilkie lexus, Similer car from cherry Hill Lexus was offerd at 53400.00 Plus tax and tag. And the color selection was very limited.
    Hope this might help you.
    Hello Bobby53,

Thanks for your response.
    Did you get the Entertainment package?

If so, you must be hellava negotiator!

Thanks,

Gil
  • bobby53bobby53 Member Posts: 2
    Hallow Gil,
    Yes it did come with Entertainment package.
    When they offer this price i had a day to move my finance arond at that time i been talking with Ray Catena out of Jersey and they were willing to come close but they did not have the color i was looking for.

Thanks

Bobby
  • farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    gilbyg27:

I did not get this deal. This is from the post of this forum and I used this information to calculate the ratio of MSRP to purchasing price by people here. You can check this forum and found the person who posted.
    Hello farmer20,

Thanks for clarifying.....I kinda figured it out a few days later.

Take Care,

Gilbyg27
    Nice Bobby,

My Fiance and I bought a brand new 2009 fully loaded except the Entertainment for
    $ 48,300.00 + Taxes/Tags. We were dead set on White with dark grey interior.

They day before we bought, a 2009 Fully loaded came in with 3,000 miles. They wanted $ 48,600.00 for it. We do not need the entertainment package but I would not turn it down if it was free. It came with tan interior and that was the deal breaker.

We have had it for a week and love it! I got the GX at $200 above Dealer Invoice.
    They had to bring it in from Jersey (Lawerence) or I would have gotten it at cost.

Right now is the time to buy especially with the 2010 coming out any week now.
    The only problem is they are starting to run out of the 2009 in colors you may want.

ACT NOW! My sales guy was great...I will pass his info along if interested.

Gilbyg27
  • wonpalwonpal Member Posts: 2
    I have been waiting for this one for many months now. Does anyone have any news?
    Check out the Lexus website, the 2010 are available now.
    I am not a huge fan of the new design, it now looks too much like a 4-Runner

The main reason is the lack of wheel fenders. :confuse:
  • lupga1lupga1 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to decide between 2 GX - same price, same year. One is from dealer - 63K miles, navigation, backup camera and 3rd row. The other is thru private party, 41K miles, with rear entertainment system, navigation, 3rd row, sport package, and KDSS - also a scratch marks on the right front which cost about $1,500 to fix.
    I have driven and like both and having a hard time to decide with one to pick. Any suggestions?
  • houtmarkhoutmark Member Posts: 2
    Would the dealer offer Lexus certified warraty (3 yrs / 100K miles)? Would the private party have a full service history available (i.e. more details than Carfax)? Do you need the private car inspected? The difference in mileage is not very relevant. Do you need KDSS?
  • creative999creative999 Member Posts: 2
    I think you paid a lot...Big mistake man
  • jfranzijfranzi Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to let you all know we had an excellent experience with Lexus thanks to DJ Ceresa. Our Fleet Manager was very patient with all my questions and requests. The car arrived clean and gassed up, and the cargo hauler was easy to work with. The local dealer we almost went with (who wouldn't budge on the sticker price by the way) called us again last week to see if we were still interested in the Lexus GX. It was very enjoyable telling them how much time and money we saved by NOT working with a dealer. I have referred several people to DJ already because of our good experience. ;)
  • jfranzijfranzi Member Posts: 2
    Fleetrates.com isn't a scam. They are licensed, bonded and insured with many happy customers and return buyers. The customer is not always able to get the best price! The prices they offer at fleetrates are "better" because the high volume of business they do on a constant basis with dealers across the country gives them "fleet"/bulk pricing, something a customer can't get when they walk into a dealership. They have helped many people save thousands and it is perfectly safe to do business with them.
  • annerscuannerscu Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell us what kinda of good deal you got on this car. Just curious what some are offering to take off MSRP
  • rappcovarappcova Member Posts: 24
    Today I went to the dealer where I get my 06 GX serviced to take a look at the new model. I like it a lot, but was astounded to find that it has the old swing-out rear door, albeit with a flip-up window. From all the pre-introduction hype, I had assumed that it would have a drop-down lower section. Too bad. The 4-Runner has always had it right with its door with the power window! I didn't start negotiations, but the salesperson made it quite clear that the price will be exactly the MSRP. New model, uncertain demand, no inventory, blah, blah, blah, all add up to "full price". I've been through this before with other dealers and have been stung more than once. Not this time. I let him know that I'm going to be relentless in finding the price that's the furthest below MSRP

Anybody out there actually bought one yet? I'll be looking for the Premium model with Mark Levinson audio. Don't know about the other tech stuff yet. For example, I had the radar-enhanced cruise control on a 2001 LS-430 and it was nice until the radar lens got covered on slushy roads and became inoperable, even when stopping to clean it frequently. Maybe they've solved that problem by now.

Keep us posted on shopping experiences.
    Hello rappcova,

Good info.

I have had a 98 4-Runner since 1997 and the rear window function is one of my favorite.

Not a big fan of the 2010 GX new body design. Why no wheel fenders???
    Looks like they forgot to put them on or something........incomplete.

I would wait till the end of the year to buy a new GX.

You have the best chance of getting what you want at dealer invoice cost.

My Wife is loving her 2009 GX.

The only issue so far is that the heated seats are not warming up fast enough.
    We will have it looked at on her next oil change.
  • sassimizsassimiz Member Posts: 16
    Is anyone getting prices for the new GX460?

They are through the roof! My lease is up at the end of this month and I am not sure if its worth it to extend it for a couple of months and try again, or just get something else...
    I'm involved in negotiations right now. All the dealers are insisting on MSRP. Lexus always does this on re-designed models, even though in a few months they'll be screaming for customers. Sales of the GX have been plummeting for months. So it boils down to how badly you want to buy the car right now. I want it badly, partly because I need to sell my old GX before spending money on its 60,000 insp and new tires. Plus the warranty is fast disappearing. So I will pay a penalty, that's for sure. But my "shopping" is telling me that they might deal somewhat. I'm getting hints from more than one dealer that "my managers" might consider.....yada, yada,yada. So I'm going to keep pressing. I'll keep this forum posted on my progress.
    sassimiz.........I would get 3+ dealers in on it and tell them all exactly what you are doing and that you will go with the best deal.

See who wants your business the most.

Good Luck
  • nycmbanycmba Member Posts: 1
    I singed the contract today for MSRP price was about 58600 however I got top value for my trade-in. I will get the delivery of Car(white color and beige interior) on next week.
    my dealer is prestige lexus in NJ.
    I did contact 4 dealers. One never called me back after the initial "I'll work out a price and get back to you", the place where we leased our last 2 GX's seemed like they couldn't care less, gave us an inflated price and never followed up, but 2 other dealerships did follow through with some price bargaining.

It seems like there is not much stock and no real dealing with this car right now, so we just extended our lease and will try again next month.

Good luck everyone!
    I placed a factory order for a GX Premium. Every customer and everry transaction is different. But here's mine. This is a cash sale--no lease, no financing. I didn't include my trade-in during the negotiation, though I may sell my old GX to my dealer.
    They offered me a price on the 2010 that is below MSRP. I would not call it a "substantial" discount, but I think it is a "significant" discount, considering that it's a new model and my order is for a vehicle that's not encumbering their current inventory.

This is a vehicle that Lexus really wants to sell--sales have plummeted over many months. I encourage all prospective buyers to negotiate hard. The discounts are there.
  • haikhanhjrhaikhanhjr Member Posts: 9
    Could you please be more details? how much is "significant" discount?
    Thanks,
    I have placed a factory order and I won't see the vehicle for maybe 3 more months. I haven't paid for it--only put down a deposit. So I don't think it's ethical for me to get into specifics. But here's what I'll say for now. If I were negotiating again, I'd be more aggressive. If I were advising someone, I'd tell them to offer something half-way between invoice and MSRP and go from there..
    Thanks Bud
  • hiresidualhiresidual Member Posts: 4
    Is this rollover risk applicable to 2008 GX 470 ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    So far, Consumer Reports states that it is only applicable the 2010 GX460.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Guys, read the article.

It's a bunch of B.S. The media has blow it was out of proportion.
    First off, no GX460's have ever rolled. Not even in a test. It's all hypothetical B.S.

They have there opinion and that's it. There little test is subjective.

Personally, I am not going to drive my 4-Runner 90 Mph's and try to make a sharp right hand turn. I know better, it's a SUV, not a corvette.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I think the issue is how it would respond in an emergency situation, like when suddenly having to avoid an obstacle where you would have to make a sharp steering adjustment. Every car has its handling limits, and according to CR the new GX's limits are too low. I've never driven one, but I doubt even 1% of owners would ever experience a problem during the life of the vehicle. And I have to believe that overall it's a much safer vehicle than 90% of the others out there when you consider everything.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    edited April 2010
    A reporter is looking to speak to recent luxury car buyers/owners who considered a Lincoln but then decided against it. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, April 20, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Wondering if anyone started shopping leases again since the recall...

Hoping prices went down a bit
  • pigeon2pigeon2 Member Posts: 2
    Got completely screwed by Rick Ghous at exotic-motors.com. See my complaints at the BBB before you make the same mistake. 2004 GX470
  • gx470818gx470818 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2010
    Car Man,

I have about another month and half left on my 07 GX470's lease and thinking about pulling the trigger on a RX450H or another GX460 or even both. The residual on the 470 will be about $25,000.00 and according to blue book the trade in value for a good conditioned one is about $32,000.00. I have called the dealer's finance guy but was told there is no equity left on the car whatsoever.

Has anyone has similar experience with an end-of-lease trade in? Anyone have any idea what is a fair trade in value for a loaded 07 GX47 with 60K mile on it? Is the dealer try to screw me? TIA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    The miles are going to hurt, but post a description in Real-World Trade-In Values. Someone there can give you an idea..

Also, if you have a CarMax lot nearby, they will give you an offer for your car that's good for 7 days... Even if you aren't buying from them..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mattiefebmattiefeb Member Posts: 8
    I luv, luv, luv my new gx 460:-) I've had it for 3 months now and it's been perfect. Many more amenities than my mbenz gl and it cost less (my gl lease was over). Below is the deal I got from warnock Lexus in nj. Love the way the seats are cooled. The only thing I would change is that if I could go back, I would negotiate the chrome side moldings in the deal. I ended up seeing another gx on the road with the moldings on a black gx and they looked awesome. I ended up getting them installed month after I bought the car at the dealership for $495. Could have worked in into the deal I'm sure. Here it is:
    Sticker price 2010 gx 460 - $58,480
    Negotiated price $52,500
    interest rate 3.54%
    You can probably talk a better deal on the 2010's now because I think the 2011's are out. Good luck!!!!
  • capt_flashcapt_flash Member Posts: 1
    I am currently negotiating with a dealer on a 2010 GX 460 and was wanting to what is the current going price on the remaining 2010's on dealer lots. He is offering a base model with the convenience, comfort and Nav with upgraded sound system for 54,888. Does this look like a good price or should I try and get him lower?
  • closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    You can easily get a similarly equipped 2011 for LESS money than that. Also Lexus had (perhaps still ongoing) a 2k rebate on 2010 GX's.
  • hornsfan2hornsfan2 Member Posts: 1
    Anybody purchased a 2011 recently? I know the 2012's are about to start rolling out and I wanted to see if anybody had any deals to report. I am in Houston where it appears supplies are tight from the earthquake and am debating on what i should do. here are the two quotes i have as of right now:

I am looking for a white exterior with ecru or sepia with the nav/additional options package that lists for $4,645 on the lexus website.

northside:
    - msrp $58,815
    - sale price 57,265
    - doc fee 115
    - cash price 61,162
    - rebate (1,000)
    - bottom line 60,162

Westside
    - MSRP 58,488 (quote includes the base convenience package along with the glass break sensor, remote start, trailer hitch, trunk mat, and wheel locks as i am assuming that is what he has on the lot)

if anybody has any recent purchase info or can steer me towards what a fair value might be I am all ears. posted this at club lexus but have yet to receive a response.

thanks
  • dlcole76054dlcole76054 Member Posts: 21
    Is anyone seeing colors other than Black, Silver and White? I'd like a Red or Green GX 460 Premium, but no dealer in the GST area seems to have them...also, has anyone seen an increase in arriving vehicles since the problems in March? The Taraha plant got hit hard with parts problems...with more vehicles should be a return to better pricing of early 2011 or late 2010. I'd expect something in the 10% discount off MSRP to be the norm as supplies get back to normal...
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Hi
    Given that 2011 gx model is not selling compared other competitors in it's class.
    Is anyone getting 12k off MSRP?
    Dealer in Ca was willing to take 10k of msrp on 2011 model when they found out that I own Mercedes.
    Any thoughts here and whether the car is worth it?
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Anyone have recent experience in buying a Lexus GX? How much off MSRP should I expect? I was hoping 10K. Is that wishful thinking?
  • yanqinglinyanqinglin Member Posts: 1
    I was told $5000, but not confirmed
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    I was offered 3500 off MSRP on a 2012 GX 460. I have bought 2 cars at this dealer and they are still giving me what I think is a horrible deal. Anyone have any advise on where to go for a good deal. I am buying and prefer a 2013.
  • mrcoolcatmrcoolcat Member Posts: 4

Can anyone share their buying experience(s) on a 2014 GX 460, please? TIA.

• nh_1nh_1 Member Posts: 16

I'm being offered a $53K selling price on a $57K MSRP GX460 vehicle. Could anyone comment on whether they think that is a good deal? Are there any rebates/incentives/conquest offers to be aware of this month? Thanks in advance for any help!