Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1313233343537»

Comments

• Is this rollover risk applicable to 2008 GX 470 ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957
    So far, Consumer Reports states that it is only applicable the 2010 GX460.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• gilbyg27gilbyg27 Posts: 11
    Guys, read the article.

It's a bunch of B.S. The media has blow it was out of proportion.
    First off, no GX460's have ever rolled. Not even in a test. It's all hypothetical B.S.

They have there opinion and that's it. There little test is subjective.

Personally, I am not going to drive my 4-Runner 90 Mph's and try to make a sharp right hand turn. I know better, it's a SUV, not a corvette.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Posts: 890
    I think the issue is how it would respond in an emergency situation, like when suddenly having to avoid an obstacle where you would have to make a sharp steering adjustment. Every car has its handling limits, and according to CR the new GX's limits are too low. I've never driven one, but I doubt even 1% of owners would ever experience a problem during the life of the vehicle. And I have to believe that overall it's a much safer vehicle than 90% of the others out there when you consider everything.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907
    edited April 2010
    A reporter is looking to speak to recent luxury car buyers/owners who considered a Lincoln but then decided against it. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, April 20, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sassimizsassimiz Posts: 6
    Wondering if anyone started shopping leases again since the recall...

Hoping prices went down a bit
  • pigeon2pigeon2 Posts: 2
    Got completely screwed by Rick Ghous at exotic-motors.com. See my complaints at the BBB before you make the same mistake. 2004 GX470
  • gx470818gx470818 Posts: 16
    edited September 2010
    Car Man,

I have about another month and half left on my 07 GX470's lease and thinking about pulling the trigger on a RX450H or another GX460 or even both. The residual on the 470 will be about $25,000.00 and according to blue book the trade in value for a good conditioned one is about $32,000.00. I have called the dealer's finance guy but was told there is no equity left on the car whatsoever.

Has anyone has similar experience with an end-of-lease trade in? Anyone have any idea what is a fair trade in value for a loaded 07 GX47 with 60K mile on it? Is the dealer try to screw me? TIA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957
    The miles are going to hurt, but post a description in Real-World Trade-In Values. Someone there can give you an idea..

Also, if you have a CarMax lot nearby, they will give you an offer for your car that's good for 7 days... Even if you aren't buying from them..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I luv, luv, luv my new gx 460:-) I've had it for 3 months now and it's been perfect. Many more amenities than my mbenz gl and it cost less (my gl lease was over). Below is the deal I got from warnock Lexus in nj. Love the way the seats are cooled. The only thing I would change is that if I could go back, I would negotiate the chrome side moldings in the deal. I ended up seeing another gx on the road with the moldings on a black gx and they looked awesome. I ended up getting them installed month after I bought the car at the dealership for $495. Could have worked in into the deal I'm sure. Here it is:
    Sticker price 2010 gx 460 - $58,480
    Negotiated price $52,500
    interest rate 3.54%
    You can probably talk a better deal on the 2010's now because I think the 2011's are out. Good luck!!!!
  • I am currently negotiating with a dealer on a 2010 GX 460 and was wanting to what is the current going price on the remaining 2010's on dealer lots. He is offering a base model with the convenience, comfort and Nav with upgraded sound system for 54,888. Does this look like a good price or should I try and get him lower?
  • You can easily get a similarly equipped 2011 for LESS money than that. Also Lexus had (perhaps still ongoing) a 2k rebate on 2010 GX's.
  • Anybody purchased a 2011 recently? I know the 2012's are about to start rolling out and I wanted to see if anybody had any deals to report. I am in Houston where it appears supplies are tight from the earthquake and am debating on what i should do. here are the two quotes i have as of right now:

I am looking for a white exterior with ecru or sepia with the nav/additional options package that lists for $4,645 on the lexus website.

northside:
    - msrp $58,815
    - sale price 57,265
    - doc fee 115
    - cash price 61,162
    - rebate (1,000)
    - bottom line 60,162

Westside
    - MSRP 58,488 (quote includes the base convenience package along with the glass break sensor, remote start, trailer hitch, trunk mat, and wheel locks as i am assuming that is what he has on the lot)

if anybody has any recent purchase info or can steer me towards what a fair value might be I am all ears. posted this at club lexus but have yet to receive a response.

thanks
  • Is anyone seeing colors other than Black, Silver and White? I'd like a Red or Green GX 460 Premium, but no dealer in the GST area seems to have them...also, has anyone seen an increase in arriving vehicles since the problems in March? The Taraha plant got hit hard with parts problems...with more vehicles should be a return to better pricing of early 2011 or late 2010. I'd expect something in the 10% discount off MSRP to be the norm as supplies get back to normal...
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    Hi
    Given that 2011 gx model is not selling compared other competitors in it's class.
    Is anyone getting 12k off MSRP?
    Dealer in Ca was willing to take 10k of msrp on 2011 model when they found out that I own Mercedes.
    Any thoughts here and whether the car is worth it?
  • Anyone have recent experience in buying a Lexus GX? How much off MSRP should I expect? I was hoping 10K. Is that wishful thinking?
  • I was told $5000, but not confirmed
  • dinomandinoman Posts: 56
    I was offered 3500 off MSRP on a 2012 GX 460. I have bought 2 cars at this dealer and they are still giving me what I think is a horrible deal. Anyone have any advise on where to go for a good deal. I am buying and prefer a 2013.
  • mrcoolcatmrcoolcat Posts: 1

Can anyone share their buying experience(s) on a 2014 GX 460, please? TIA.

• nh_1nh_1 Posts: 10

I'm being offered a $53K selling price on a $57K MSRP GX460 vehicle. Could anyone comment on whether they think that is a good deal? Are there any rebates/incentives/conquest offers to be aware of this month? Thanks in advance for any help!

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,312
    edited July 22

I'm seeing some Military Bonus Cash but no other incentives for the 2014 GX 460. Best double-check for your zip code though.

You can look at TMV and get an idea of what the "average" purchase price is. I'm guessing you're looking at a Luxury with some options to get to the $57k MSRP? If so, your current quote looks good.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.