Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fredvh I'm also considering an ES300 (2002)that was reported to carfax as 'corporate fleet vehicle' for its first 15000 miles out of a total of 65000 miles. The asking prices is $19000. I have the following questions:
    1. Would anybody comment on if buying a 'corporate fleet vehicle' is an okay idea?
    2. What should be the right price for this car considering the 'corporate fleet vehicle' history?

Thanks
  • Sorry forgot to mention that this ES300 was actually a 'corporate fleet vehicle' for a local Lexus dealer.
  • Looks like a good deal. BTW, is GPS Navigation system included? Thanks
  • I have never owned a Lexus and don't know well the dealers deal. I have found a 2005 ES 330 at a local dealer and his asking price is $31900. The car is the basic ES 330 w/o the NAV unit and has 17000 miles on it. They are offering me $3100 for my 97 Buick Riv a a trade. A new 2006 would run me $36100 so for $4100 I could have a new car vs a used car. I've checked around and I'm finding similar cars in Chicago for $1000-$2000 less and I'm thinking that their asking price is way too high. My credit union rep says that the Trade value should be around $28800 for the ES 330 and $4650 for my Riv. He told me that if the dealer wants to stick at the retail price ($31900) then he should be giving me retail on my Riv as well ($6325). Can some experienced in dealing with Lexus dealers tell me if I'm crazy to use these numbers or not? Can I get opinions on what a resonable net cost I might expect to get?
  • I just bought a 2006 ES 330 for $31000 from sticker of $35000. For your car, you might get a few hundred more, but... For my 96 Buick Park Ave they gave me $2800. Gas guzzlers are getting low prices on trades. Try to lease it rather than buy it. The rates are lower. Buying it your rates would be 5.9%+ for 60 months but I got a lease for $435.00 a month/36 months. My mileage allowance is 18000 miles a year and an overage of $.20. My rate on the lease is 4.5% and my buyout is $18000 if I want the car.
    Dont forget get the tire hazard for $350. It is worth every penny. Nails, crack rim, unusual wear they will replace your tire or rim no questions asked. At $125 a tire and $400 a rim, you do the math.

Dont get the 2005 go for the 2006 for the same price. Just haggle more and if they dont move on.
  • Will the Automatic transmission of a 1995 ES 300 fit a 1993 es 300?
  • FYI, the Lexus will be redesigned in early 2006 as 2007 models. There are already pictures of the new Camry up on the Camry 2007 board.

Many features like Knee Airbags and possibly Push Start Button will be standard or options. I also suspect a more powerful engine in the 2007 as well.

For the 2005 and 2006 though you should be getting at least 3K off MSRP.
  • Hi jtbooze. The "December to Remember" sales event just started two days ago. This is an excellent time to lease the car that you are interested in. I would be happy to give you an idea of what its new lease program is like, but you never mentioned how long you want to lease it for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you need information for different parameters. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus ES 330 without navigation through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months, its buy rate lease money factor and should be .00123. I haven't seen if Lexus published new residual values for December yet, but the residual for this car is not nearly as important as its money factor because dealers can mark up money factors to add additional profit to deals, but they cannot alter banks' published residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Tires on these ES330 meant to last only 20,000 miles. Trany still needs more work. Before you buy ask ................Not very happy with this car....try Toyota Avalon...much better car for the money
  • Hi,
    Great story. I am just wondering if you traded in your old car in this deal. It is hard to believe you can buy a Lexus below invoice price if you don't have a trade-in. Thanks.
  • Let me know what you think of this deal. 2006 ES330 Black Diamond (includes pref accy pkg, hid, 6 disc, h/v seats, vsc) with an MSRP of $36,599. Terms are $399 a month for 36 months, 12K miles annual with $1281 out the door (this includes everything ttl). Or they would be willing to do $399 a month with $1000 out the door on something on their lot but of course they don't have anything we want on their lot. This deal is using the 'December to Remember' money factor. Thanks.
  • Purchased my ES 330 in May 2004. Now, after 14K miles the front tires are down and I need to replace them.

Anyone experience the same problem and what can be done?
  • I notice that there were a couple of posts regarding tire wear related issues. Which tires came originally equipped on your ES330 (Bridgestone, Michelin, etc). We noticed that there were about five or six different tire manufacturers on the dealers lot. Just wondering if there is a certain tire manufacturer to avoid. Thanks.
  • rdannrdann Posts: 2
    Hi,

No, I didn't have any trade ins. I did all negotiations by e-mails and found it easier and more efficient for myself. Once they agreed on the price I called the dealer and last thing was to get the right ext/int colors. They located one at a different dealership and had to put some miles on to get it over. They wouldn't deliver the car to me as well, but it's OK.

This forum helped a lot to figure out the % of MSRP that was reasonable to pay at this time, so wanted to share the experience and thank others here.

Regarding my old car: trying to sell my 1996 Ford Mustang with only 47K miles on it. Don't have experience with this, so not an easy task for me.
  • Car_man,

Looking at a 2006 ES330 without navigation. Would like a 48 month lease with 20K miles. Can you give me a sense for the buy price, money factor, residual, and monthly payment I should expect with no money down?
  • Seeing TV ads for a Lexus end of year sale. Is this real or your furniture store type advertising "normal" pricing.
    Can't find any info on "sale prices" anywhere.
    Cardirect.com does not give a price that looks like a deal.
  • Avoid buying ES330 with Bridgestone. I was told by service rep. at the dealership that all new ES330 come with notice regarding the tires. Bridgestone representative confirmed me that tires are meant to last only 20 to 25 thousand miles. $600.00 every two years.....Nice.Why buy this car ??????????????????Trans problem.... steering issues..... From the beginning customers were getting deals...I mean close to invoice and in some cases even below invoice.
  • Hi newcarbuyer3. Let's take a look at this car's current lease program. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus ES 330 without navigation through Lexus Financial Services right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be an attractive .00123 and 57%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that LFS publishes residual values for. If you need more miles than this, you will have to purchase them on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what the lease payment should be like for you on the exact car that you are considering. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and an approximate selling price. You should be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus ES 300/ES 330: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi, this is my first post. I am in the process of trying to buy a 1999 lexus es300 with 94,500 miles, and the guy was asking 10,900. I got him down to 9,000. Should I take the car at this price/ is this a good price? All the car needs is new tires, and a timing belt change. I figure 500 for tires and 400 for timing belt.

Thanks, any help appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957
    This discussion is mostly about the price of a new car.. As, they are all the same, except for options, it is fairly easy to compare prices.

You could try posting a full description of the car here:
    Real-World Trade-In Values

Someone there may be able to give you an idea on a fair price..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Car_man, my current quote:
    MSRP $35,279
    Selling price $33,279
    Miles 20K
    Residual $13,228 (38%)
    Money factor 0.0031 (7.43)

In addition, I have approximately $10K I need to roll in from my current lease - I'm assuming that's why they are quoting such a high money factor (they know I have excellent credit so that is not the issue). Also, they are offering to pay for the taxes as a "December Special" which would be 8.25% otherwise. Thoughts?
  • arg10arg10 Posts: 1
    How did you get the price over the internet? When I got a reply from that dealership internet manager, he only quoted the MSRP. Did you negotiate the price down once you went there, or were you quoted the $32.5K price when they responded to your inquiry?
  • To give you an update: Got the car 15K mi/ 36 mos. First mo. and inceptions. Including rolling $1,313 (3 mos. on old lease) paying $439/mo. tax in. I am very happy since it's about $1 more than I was paying for a 2003 Acura TL. Paid just under invoice.. ate into the holdback a little. I believe it was approx. $30k that I paid. No buyer's remourse here! The money factor was unbelievable. I believe it's a subsidized lease since they are changing style drastically around March/April. Hope this is helpful.

JTbooze
  • atoewsatoews Posts: 637
    rdann, please cite the dealer from whom you bought your car. Edmunds allows you to cite dealers, just not your salesman.

Thanks.
  • jpdegjpdeg Posts: 7
    I just got a quote at a dealership oin a 2006 es330 w/ 17" wheels, 6 disc changer, heated/cooled seats, sunshade, wood and leather wheel, cargo mat and net. The salesman gave me a quote of $33,734. MSRP is $35,700. He claims that this is the best deal, but maybe he can go sown to 33,200. This is the Decemebr sales event that I jear about every year? I always wondered if it was bs, and it seems to be.

Does this sound like a fair price? I thought it would be much lower.
  • Hi,

I just bought my ES330 '06. Sticker was $37,595 and I paid $34,000 flat. Includes everything you listed and the navigation system. I think you can get them lower.

I stopped by to look at SUVs. I told them I'm buying the Acura TL but wanted to look at a Lexus SUV first (which I was). I drove 2 SUVs, told him I think I prefer a car. He showed me the ES330 and I said I can't afford a Lexus and felt the Acura was better looking and a better value. He then offerred $34000 to be more in line with the Acura. I said sold.

The Acura is nice, but there is nothing like a Lexus for quality and comfort. It is an amazing car!
  • Hi,
    Planning to lease a lexus ES 330 end of feb in NJ. Want
    - Navigation System, Mark Levinson Audio
    - 17" all weather tires
    - Heated & Ventilated Seats, High Intensity Headlights
    - interior/ext color does not matter

Wanted to put down as little as possible.
    Will return car at the end of lease.
    Any suggestions on what a decent monthly lease payment should be?
    Thanks in advance - Sanjay
  • forgot to mention that I am looking for either
    - 36 mos, 15k/year
    or - 24 mos, 15 k/year

Thanks again. Sanjay
  • Sanjay....
    I'm from LI, but got my best lease deal in NJ. 2005 ES330 very closely equipped as you mentioned. MSRP $35,707. I took 36mo. 15K. TAS approx $1,400. $417 per mo.incl tax.No dealer on LI would meet the deal. However.....it's a good thing I got the deal in writing beforehand, as when I went to pick up the car, they told me they made a mistake and wanted $1000 more. I held out and threatened to call Lexus right there and then if they didn't give me the car. They then gave it to me. I got it at Prestige. Good luck......
  • Beardie,

Thanks a lot for your response. Couple of quick questions:
    - did you negotiate via email ?
    - did you put any downpayment in addition to the $1400 for TAS ?
    - anything else I should know, before I contact prestige ?
    (My current lease for my BMW is from Prestige - in Ramsey, and it is running out on Feb)

Thanks again - Sanjay
This discussion has been closed.