Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mywavemywave Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know what the current January money factors and residuals are? My salesman said Lexus just lowered the MF to .00197
  • george29george29 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone here ever used carbargains.com to make a purchase?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Since your question is more general in nature and not specific to the ES, you might have better luck looking at some of our discussions on the Smart Shopper board. If you re-post there, you might get more responses.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Thanks for your reply Kirstie. I looked at some of the other forums and it seems those who did use carbargains were primarily purchasing domestic cars and I was curious if any Lexus owners had used the service.
  • steve322steve322 Member Posts: 3
    Am in the market for an ES330 with Sirius and the 6-disc changer. Looks to retail around 34k. Any chance I could get for invoice? Am looking at the Accord EXL sedan but thought if I could get into an ES330 I would like it much better.
    Thanks
  • danogdanog Member Posts: 318
    Anyone around the Birmingham area recently buy their ES330? Just starting the process of putting together a deal and wanted to check prices paid if available.
    I like the 87-89% off MSRP prices I've seen posted yet they seem to be end of last year. Toyota, oops Lexus (both) do a great job controlling inventory to inflate S&D controlling prices. FYI, if you're patient you can beat them at their own game!!!!!
  • jiangjiang Member Posts: 12
    After ~1hr "discussion", we came down to $33,100 for a limited edition, in Medison area. But the trade-in didn't work out. So I decided to sell my old car myself. Any one out there could get me a sense of the offer: a good deal, or a great deal for me, or not?

Thanks!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mywave. The salesperson who told you that Lexus' current lease money factor for the '06 ES 330 is .00197 was correct. It wasn't just lowered though, it's been at this level since the beginning of the month. I'd be happy to give you an idea of what this car's residual value should be, but in order for me to do so I need you to tell me how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, I'll assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. If you were to lease an '06 ES 330 without navigation through Lexus Financial Services for those terms, its residual value should be 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • chulseychulsey Member Posts: 1
    I bought a brand new 2006 Lexus 330 two weeks ago with the Sirius radio and 6 CD changer in the Birmingham, AL area. It has the Level II package, (heated and cooling front seats) which has everything except the Nav and gas pedal adjustment. Purchased car through the Internet Sales Manager. I bought it for 32,500 + tax/title = 34, 5?? with the Pearl White exerior color.
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    What was the MSRP on the sticker(not including dealer add-ons)?
    Hey all, picked up my first new car this week, es330. Got the black diamond edition with nav for 34K. Wanted to know has anyone had any luck connecting an ipod to their changer? The dealership said they can do it but it is rather pricey, any thoughts?
  • dholmesdholmes Member Posts: 3
    I just bought an ES330 BDE from Bell Lexus with Nav, the upgraded seats and some other upgrades...sticker 37.9, paid 34.7. We bought a certified RX300 early last year also from Bell and at this point I don't see why I'll go anywhere else in Phx. They're still a car dealership trying to make money of course, but we feel we get great service and straight up treatment all around.
  • az2004az2004 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks "dholmes" for the information. I am still debating on whether I should buy the ES330 now or should I wait for couple of months and buy the 2007 model? I've been told that dealers will have great discount on all 2006 ES models in May when the '07 models come out.
  • dholmesdholmes Member Posts: 3
    Some thoughts for you on the give and take in your decision. In 2007 you'll be getting a 350 (larger engine) but an accompanying price bump (dealer told me about $600). To some extent the deals have already started since the 2006s are already out of production. Thus, to me, the real key is the balance among 3 possibilities: 1-a somewhat lesser deal now among a larger selection of available colors and feature sets, 2-a somewhat better deal in 90 days but likely compromising on color and option choices, and 3-a complete set of choices on a 2007 for a higher price with a relative general unwillingness of dealers to haggle when demand is probably high(er). I (obviously) chose choice 1. How long will you keep the car and how important is it to you that you get the color and features you want? I guess purely based on color and options I’d by now (or at least go look). I didn’t see the point in waiting for the 2007s when a great car was right there in front of me (the larger engine just isn’t that important to me). I plan to keep this car at least into the 7-8 year range and didn’t want to keep looking back because I compromised a little too much. Hope this helps.
  • atoewsatoews Member Posts: 637
    Don't forget that as the model year comes to an end, vehicles with the features you want may become in short supply.

For example, my boyfriend bought a 2005 after the 2006s had come out. He wanted a Nav system but could not get it in the color he wanted, so he compromised on the color. Navs were in very short supply in the older year model. I suspect that they may also be this year.
  • jsceajjsceaj Member Posts: 4
    rockvill lexus
  • carlanjcarlanj Member Posts: 2
    I feel we got a great deal in central NJ on a new 2006 ES330. We ended up doing a MSD (multiple security deposit)lease with a price of $32,500 off an MSRP of $36,454 with heated seats, 17" wheels, prem. accessory pkg, before adding the nav system, which was about $2000 more.

The cost of doing an MSD lease vs. buying with $10k down and leasing outright for 36 mos with 20k miles per yr. saved us a few thousand dollars in the long-run.

The ES330 is being completely redesigned for the 2007 model year which is due out in mid-April and it looks sharp! But, for the price, I don't think I can beat the deal we got!
    Need clarification.

1. Does the $36454 include the Nav or not?
    2. If not, is the price of the Nav added to $36454 or to the $32500? Why not just provide the numbers for a package that includes Nav? The $2000 you mention is very confusing in analyzing your deal.
    3. When you compare buy versus lease, did you assume that the car would be sold in 3 years in the case where you bought the car? (Just FYI, a three year lease usually comes out better if you compare to buying and then selling after three years. Where leasing becomes costly is over a longer time period of continual leasing.)
    4. What is the basis for feeling that you likely could not beat your deal?

Thanks.
  • hotjohnhotjohn Member Posts: 11
    I am looking into a lease for a 2006 ES 330 with navagation.My local dealer (las vegas) just ran the following ad and I would appreciate your comments on it...it looks good to me.
    2006 ES300, navigation,leather,sunroof,6 disc CD changer,PW/LOCKS/Seats, power sunshade,Heated and cooled seats. MSRP 37,569...36 mo, $399, $2000 down + first payment+TT&L due at signing. Is this too good to be true?
    Also, what about MSD (Mutiple Security Deposit? Is it something to consider...how does it really work?
    Tahnks in advance.
    I am looking into a lease for a 2006 ES 330 with navagation.My local dealer (las vegas) just ran the following ad and I would appreciate your comments on it...it looks good to me.
    2006 ES300, navigation,leather,sunroof,6 disc CD changer,PW/LOCKS/Seats, power sunshade,Heated and cooled seats. MSRP 37,569...36 mo, $399, $2000 down + first payment+TT&L due at signing. Is this too good to be true?
    Also, what about MSD (Mutiple Security Deposit? Is it something to consider...how does it really work?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hello hotjohn. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now, one thing that I can tell you is that it is not a good idea to make a $2,000 down payment on this lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your ES 330 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,
    Thank for your reply...to answer your question re negociated cost...The MSRP is $37,569.00..the selling price is $34,219.00
    I an anxiously awaiting your reply and comments on leasing and especially on the MSD (multiple Security Deposit). It certainly sounds like a good deal.
    Thanks in advance.
  • jeff43jeff43 Member Posts: 14
    A friend of mine had a 2002 Lexus ES300, liked it the first year she had it, but had annoying brake problems.
    They would squeal and grind when she was stopping, she paid rediculous amounts of money for new brakes from the dealer(supposed to be red carpet service), and it didn't stop. She was fed up with this, and other things, so she traded it in for a 2006 Toyota Solara SLE convertible, said she got way better customer service from them. When she and I went to look at Audi, BMW, Mercedes, and Infinity. At Audi, we had no help whatsoever, same story with the other three brands, totally ignored! Even when we were standing next to a sales man, I made comments on how poor we were treated, the guy just kept playing with his cell phone! AARRGGHH!
  • drivered06drivered06 Member Posts: 1
    First time poster here..have been looking at the '06 ES330 with the MSRP of $36,164 and have an offer from IN dealer for $34,700. With the '07 model here shortly any thoughts on good price to shoot for and/or any good recent transactions with dealers in the Northern Indiana/greater Chicagoland area? Have also seen a couple of '05s with 6-12,000 miles on the web for around $29,000 or so. Thanks for any and all input.
  • jeff43jeff43 Member Posts: 14
    Hey
    I would try to get them to $29,000, and just tell them that someone else will give it to you for $30,000. That might work! Hope you have a good buying experience. :)
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    The above post(jeff43) is ridiculous. We do not want the dealers lying to us so we certainly do not want to lie to them.
    It is true that the 2007 ES350 will be out at the end of April but they will surely be higher in price by several hundred dollars. They will have some features not found on the 2006 but now is a good time to buy a Lexus. I feel that 34,700 is too high for this ES330. Other posters will probably agree.
  • bach63bach63 Member Posts: 18
    Has anybody seen any information about incentives on the ES 330? I know the 2 dealers in my area (Denver) have quite a few on the lot, and thought with the ES 350 coming in April, there might be some incentives (advertised or not). Thanks for any input.
  • az2004az2004 Member Posts: 6
    Again, thanks Atoews & Dholmes for your information.
    I just bought a 06 ES330 Sonora gold yesterday and will pick it up next Tuesday. The deal is as follows:

MSRP: $34,099
    Invoice: $29,983
    Paid: $29,783 + TTL

For $200 under invoice, I think I got a fairly good Deal! I made my purchase through the internet, and it worked out nice, painless. The car has the following options: 6 disk in dash CD, 17" wheels and Z1 package (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks).

Good luck everyone on your next purchase. :)
    Thanks for the additional information, hotjohn. Unfortunately, this car's lease program has completely changed for the month of April. Lexus is no longer providing lease support on it. It replaced its special lease money factor with $1,000 dealer cash. Make sure to renegotiate your car's selling price taking this cash into account if you haven't leased it already. If you want to lease an ES330 through Lexus Financial Services right now. you will have to use its standard lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • dotbowelsdotbowels Member Posts: 43
    Are any dealers discounting the 07 ES350?
  • jacob2jacob2 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased an 06 ES 330, MSRP $38,009, paid $33,600.
    Very happy with car, back and forth between the Acura TL and ES. Am feeling like I made the right choice.
    Many thanks for all the posts and info. This site was probably my best resource for researching and purchasing this car.
  • dealhunt_101dealhunt_101 Member Posts: 40
    bought a ES330 from Prestige, NJ today. details --

invoice $28,640 + optional equipments (ND, VV, HL, HH, FI & WU) for $4405. i paid $34,100 + $695 destination charge + TTL = $36,496 on road ($710 over invoice).
    i am looking for a platinum extended warranty for my ES330. i was offered it for $1850 but i believe that is way too high. if you were able to get it for any cheaper, could you please post it here with the dealer name? thanks!
    Update to msg#1310:

bought a ES330 from Prestige, NJ today. details --

invoice $28,640 + optional equipments (ND, VV, HL, HH, FI & WU) for $4405.

i paid $34,100 (incl. $695 destination charge) + TTL = $36,496 on road ($360 over invoice).
  • sfusersfuser Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased '06 Lexus ES330 from Lexus of Bellevue, WA. It was the last one they had (they just sold the 2nd to last dark blue one while we were there!). Lovely Oasis Green Pearl/ash interior - very classy, we love that combo. Heated seats, 6-disc CD, 17" wheels, VSC, HID, power rear shade, wood steering wheel/shifter, power brake pedals, cargo net, trunk mat, wheel locks. MSRP 36,709, paid 32,250 + tax/license. Seemed like a great buy, our first Lexus, what to others think about this deal? Still have some doubts - maybe should have waited for '07. BUT this car is SO nice as it is
  • jfindleyjfindley Member Posts: 1
    I live in the Houston,TX area. I have called around to all the dealers and most have only 3-4 left of the 2006 ES 330 models. They are all configured the same, basic package, no Navs left, with a MSRP of $35,279. I found one dealer that was willing to quote $31,800 over the phone, but my guess is the others would be willing to deal also. Question is should I get a 2006 model at a good discount or wait and pay sticker on the 2007 model, which would be about $37,500? One internet sales guy told me that I would be better off waiting and getting the 2007 but I wasn't sure about his motives. A $3500 discount seems too good to pass up. What do you think?
  • dannydevitodannydevito Member Posts: 3
    Have negotiated for a 2004 with only 22.5K excellent one owner car for $24,000. Does it sound right?
  • oilcan2oilcan2 Member Posts: 120
    sounds ok,depends on options.
  • man12man12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man

am negotiating a deal to lease 2006 ES330 for $383.29/month plus 6% taxes for 36 month, 12000miles/year.

MSRP $34729
    Selling Price $30500
    Cap reduction 1499
    Bank Fee 600
    Motor Vehicle 189.50
    Tire Fee 7.50
    Doc Fee 105

Payment 2808
    Monthly payment $383.29

The dealer indicated MF .00245 and RV 56%.

Is this a good deal?

The only issue with this is that the car does not have traction control, vehicle stabilty control and wood stering?

Thanks
  • gwyntersgwynters Member Posts: 9
    I've been waiting for the 07 to be available. My local dealer is just beginning to get cars. They offered me this deal on a 06.

MSRP 38,904
    CapCost 34,955
    Residual 20,525
    MF 002350

36 months with 15K

Their offer is 560 a month with 2500 down.
    I ran the numbers and get 560 with 6% sales tax included and zero down. I'm I doing the calculation correctly? Are they using the correct MF and RV?

Thanks
    I would look at and go by book value and Edmund's TMV, if both are available for your choice.
    I think a lot depends on how long you plan to keep the car.

The biggest "con" of the older model is that it will be out of style sooner, and this includes the NAV. I believe that committing to a vehicle with no NAV for long term ownership may produce regret at some point. NAVs are great and those of us who have them would not want to be without one in the future.

Another factor that may impact the decision is gas mileage. A long term purchaser of the ES3XX may wish they had bought a vehicle with better gas mileage.

If it were I making the decision, and if I ruled out the desire for a car like the Prius on the future, I'd go with the 2007. Of course this assumes that the NAV is more advanced on the 2007 than on the 2006. In your case, you can't get a NAV at all on a 2006, so that would be a no-brainer to me.
    When I purchased my 2002 in March of 2002, NAVs were discouraged by dealers. In fact leased vehicles with NAVs were given lower residual values than were vehicles without NAVs. If you look at the Edmund's posts back then, you will notice that one of the biggest reasons for special orders was to get a vehicle with ML but without NAV. (NAV & ML were consistently packaged together back then.)

I suspect that as dealers begin to understand how to operate the NAVs and as more and more people begin to own them, their desirability will increase. (I wonder if this has already happened.) Everyone I know who owns a NAV says that the availablilty of a NAV would outweigh other factors like color in selecting a vehicle.

This is something to consider when thinking about purchasing a vehicle which you will keep for 10+ years. If you purchase a 2007, not only do you have more NAV options, but you also stand that chance of having the most advanced NAV system to date.

On the other hand, with gasoline going where it is going, I might not buy an ES at all. I'd probably buy a gas-efficient car-but gues what - one that has a NAV.

(Note the ES3XX performs OK-from a gas mileage perspective-for non-hilly freeway driving, but it is not exactly an economy car for in-town driving.)
    Hi man12. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is in line with Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate money factor for it. This is always a good sign. The selling price that you were quoted for this car is very attractive as well, assuming that the cap cost reduction that you mentioned is not being taken into account in the selling price that you mentioned. This looks like a good deal to me.

You really should not make any sort of cap cost reduction when leasing though. If you do, you risk losing it if your car is totaled in an accident or stolen. Here's a lease payment based upon no down payment, just in case you are interested. According to my calculations, the zero down, pre-tax monthly payment for a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of an '06 ES 330 with an MSRP of $34,729 and a selling price of $30,500 should be $435.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings gwynters. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is in line with the current buy rate lease money factor for it. The selling price that you were quoted looks good to me as well, assuming that it is before the deduction of any capitalized cost reduction. If you lease this car, make sure not to make such a large down payment though. If you do, you risk losing it if your vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of cap cost reduction when leasing.

I just double checked the lease payment that you mentioned and according to my calculations, the zero down, pre-tax, 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease payment for a 2006 ES 330 with an MSRP of $38,904, a cap cost of $34,955, and a money factor of .00235 should be around $500.

Car_man
    Host
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    Are there any special Lease deals on the 2006 ES330 or 350 cars? I am busy and hate going to the dealerships and such. I have used a lease broker in the past and have done well. Spoke to a local South Florida dealer Sat. After three coverations he tells me he cant quote prices over the phone. Looks like I go to another dealer.

Appeciate any suggestons. Considering the best deal I can get on a Lexus 330, BMW or similar class of car.

Robert
    guys, did anyone buy an extended warrany recently for their ES330? i bought ES330 last month but am still out looking for a deal on the extended warrany. any great deals anyone?
  • agidolagidol Member Posts: 2
    Hi can you please tell me if this is a good deal?
    2006 ES330
    MSRP 36359 (includes premium package)
    Money Factor .00245
    Zero down
    12k/36 months
    $426 per month including 6% sales tax.

My first time leasing... should I take this offer?
  • tturedraidertturedraider Member Posts: 159
    Just bought a non-cert 2005 ES330 with 20,700 miles for $28k + ttl from a Lexus dealer. They had just taken it in on trade and we chose not to have it certified. 30 months left on warranty. It's for my mom and she only drives about 6,000 miles a year.

Perfect condition, one owner, Crystal White, new tires, HIDs, rear shade, six-disc, power pedals, trunk mat & net, wheel locks, heated/ventilated seats, wood/leather steering wheel, 17" wheels.
  • elmer3elmer3 Member Posts: 20
    I live in the Pittsburgh,Pa area 9 months of the year and 3 months of the year in central Florida. Does anyone have any good experiences with dealers (both price and service) in either of these areas. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.