Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Mercedes-Benz Vision CLS pictures

2»

Comments

• I'VE SEEN SEVERAL PRICES ESTIMATED ON THE NEW CLS. ALL THE WAY FROM 40,000.+ FOR 6 CYL. TO 70,000 FOR 8 CYL. ANYONE HAVE UP TO DATE INFO.??

THANKS
  • jstylejstyle Posts: 129
    Auto Bild in Europe is quoting around $US69,000 for the 6cyl and $US79,000 for the 8cyl. Of course all the options will push both $US10,000 more....

By the way they also state it could be higher because the 2006 CL model will go even more upmarket. 8cyl starting around $US115,000 with the next CL700 closing in on $US150,000
  • i totally agree that the CLS looks absolutely NOTHING like the new GS. please, it's like comparing apples and oranges. the GS is such an ugly vehicle, a huge disappointment after the (moderately) beautiful LFS concept Lexus showed. i'm disappointed. the CLS is gorgeous, but it needs the right colour--silver doesnt do it. deep red does. jz like the new SLK R171 needs black. btw i don't agree that the new CLK is ugly--it is one of the most beautiful cars ever, it's really a head turner--i know it doesnt look good in pictures, but in real life, my God... what a stunner.. the proportions are simply amazing.
    those who think the CLS rear and interior look like lexus, u need new spectacles! my, my, which lexus ever looked like that, may i ask? which [non-permissible content removed] saloon EVER looked anything like it? and wsag26--VW being creative in design?? we've got people with weird tastes here. VW is doing nothing more than copying their Audi department's design ideas. look at Phaeton vs A8, new Golf interior vs Audi A3 interior. nice, yes, but yaaawwwwwnnnn....
    CLS might or might not be a hit, but it deserves mention as mercedes attempting something new, though i do agree it is slightly over-styled. though nothing as bad as new BMWs. btw, why not have a new style for the interior and exterior? i personally think it's very good indeed. those who refuse merc to change are in the same class (sorry, pun intended) as those who didnt understand why the current S-class looks so different from its predecessor. the sales figures should answer that question. with [non-permissible content removed] finally catching up to copying german interior design successfully, it's time for something new. i respect that.
  • guys, here's the CLS in burgundy red. enjoy!
    http://www.maybach.ru/cls/index_en.php
    absolutely beautiful in this trim.
    especially like the headlights. very nice, nothing like anything i've seen on any recent car--it's like an 'aggressified' version of the S-class's items. btw the CLS should be the same length and width as an S-class, though headroom will be smaller.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Those prices for the CLS seem pretty high, but the fit very neatly between the E/CLK and S/CL cars. With thos prices there won't be much conflic with either set of lower and upper prices Benzes.

Mercedes is going to push the next CL even higher huh...interesting. That move is probably a direct result of Bentley selling a coupe for a little more than the current CL600. I just hope the next CL is a beauty like the current one.

M
  • jrock65jrock65 Posts: 1,371
    I think the CLS is an attractive car.

But it also kind of looks like an ES330, especially from the side. Look at the profile of the ES, and the profile of the CLS, and there is definitely some resemblance.
2»
This discussion has been closed.