Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stonegstoneg Member Posts: 47
    Yes, FSU as in the noles. I think you have to work or live in Leon County FL, or do business with FSU, or work for someone who does, or are affiliated in ANY way with FSU. I qualified by having been in a fraternity at FSU. They didnt ask for any proof of it, so I assume that anyone could do the same. The spec's on the loan were nothing over $40k, beacon score of over 700, no longer than 5 year loan, 3.75%. New or Used.
    The one I purchased had exactly what I wanted and nothing I didnt. I did find one (Chevy version) in Gainesville GA but it had a few thing that I didnt want (extending towing mirrors, 5th wheel wiring, etc.) . The kicker for me was finding a white/tan 2500hd SLT crew/std bed/4x4 duramax with a sunroof.
  • gilabendergilabender Member Posts: 1
    Looked up trucks on the 'net over the weekend, sent email to the fleet dept of local dealer in Phoenix, and got a reply this morning. Two trucks in the same configuration were on the lot, one sold while I was en route. Here's what I got:

2005 Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab Standard Box
    8.1 liter big block and Allison 5-speed
    White exterior, charcoal interior
    Base price: $34,755.00
    Options: $5,113.00 ($3,245 for the big block and Allison combo, plus other stuff)
    Destination: $850.00
    Sticker: $40,718.00
    "Employee Price", including $3,000 rebate: $31,536.00
    Add sales tax, title, license, doc fees, tire fees, etc: $3,948.89
    Net Sales Price: $35,304.89
    Down Pmt: $3,600.00
    Balance: $31,704.89
    I'll finance through my credit union.

This was the last 2500HD 4x4 LS Crew on the lot. Only WT's and half-tons remained. No Duramax's either. Salesman indicated that they went though 900 units in July and that they were buying inventory from other dealers. What they had on hand was it until the '06's arrive.

I'm pleased with the transaction and the value. The 8.1 liter and Allison 5-speed are a monster combination. Earlier this year I estimated a new truck of this type would run at least $45k out the door. Today it was $35k and change. I can live with that, at least until I have to buy gas for it.

Cheers,

The Gila Bender
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Have you been trying to buy a GM vehicle with the employee discount, but have had trouble finding the model you want in stock at a dealership? If so, please send your name, daytime phone number and city/state of residence to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, July 29, 2005.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• 2389023890 Member Posts: 1
    I have a dealer that will sell me the following:
    Siverado LT3 3500 4WD Crew DRW Black LBZ Duramax, Diesel winter cover, onstar, sun roof, skid plates spare tire lock, chrome tube Assit steps, camper/5th wheel trailer wires, LT215.85R16/E OOR BW Tires, HD Trailering equipment

Vehicle + Options $50,785

Will sell at dealer cost $44571 less $1000 GM rebate, less $1000 from dealer out of holdback, less 2 $500 gas cards ($1000) plus I have $1500 from the GM Master card that applies brings my cost to $41,071 plus TTL

What do you think??????
  • p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    Here is the problem wih the GM employee pricing:

Yes, GM bottom line price includes all the incentives, including rebates. This final price is somewhat misleading, because most states tax rebates, so you are paying taxes on higher amount than advertised.

GM employee price coupled with hefty rebate is a great deal. That is why actual GM employees wait until the rebates are at the highest level, then they get the best deal. When GM gave the public the employee price, the rebates were not as good, which makes the bottom line price unexceptional. Just befor this GM employee price program came out, I saw GM trucks advertised at actually lower price due to higher rebates.

One thing that really irritates me is that GM claimed that - "You pay what we pay, not a penny more". Really? What about the delaer fees ranging anywhere from $ 100 to almost $ 700? What about those? And did you know that if you are an actual GM employee, those fees must be waved by dealers (GM company policy)? Wway isn't this policy extended to everybody else? False advertising, plain and simple.

The present red tag sale is actually better deal on some vehicles, such as truck, due to higher rebates. I priced an identical truck during the GM employee part sale program and it was actually almost $1.5k cheaper during the red tag sale, because rebates are much higher. Remember, it is the bottom line that matters, not what gimmicks are being offered.
  • bigfurbigfur Member Posts: 649
    P100...do you just go around to every GM board and randomly spit out this information? Seen it in every board ive looked at today. Give it a rest man.
  • p100p100 Member Posts: 1,116
    What are you, a GM public relations type? No I do not post this information on every GM board. In fact, I do not regularly post on any GM board. And whatever I said is true. The GM employee pricing was a good deal on some vehicles, not so great on others, such as trucks. And many dealers used this sale as a golden opportunity to charge people all kinds of additional fees, which they cannot charge GM employees.
  • michevymichevy Member Posts: 1
    after going round and round with both the max gmac card credits (3000) and employee discount, I walked out the door at $24,900 on an '06 ext cab, 4x4, LT1, light duty package, off road package, over the rail spray in liner. It turned out the red tag plus the gmac credits outdid the employee/red tag deal. Had the dealer knock another $1k off, and they worked 5.25% out 72 months. I believe this worked out to be a bit over $10k off MSRP.

Pretty happy with this deal...and a beautiful truck.
  • dukebludukeblu Member Posts: 18
    Just got a 2006 Long Bed 5.3 flexible fuel for $14,100 Out the Door, including tax, title, tag, everything. The original sticker was $22,105. Then GM revised their pricing and it listed for $19,830. Used the GM Card to get a $3K additional rebate. Could have bought a short bed 5.3 the dealer had in stock for under $14K. 295HP out the door for around $14K is the best truck deal I've found.

Bought it at Terry Cullen in Atlanta. Great dealer.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    ANOTHER $1,500 March Madness "kicker" which is IN ADDITION to the curretn cash incentive through April 4. BOOYAAA.
  • manson15manson15 Member Posts: 1
    Hello...
    I'm new here. I live in Greece and have bought a Silverado SS year model 2006. It's brand new and I need to fix some papers for the car but I need the Serial Number of the car and I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me?! Can you please tell me where can I find it? Please help me, I'm desperate. I can lose the car!

Thank you very much...

P.S.:Someone told me that American cars don't have a serial number. Is it true?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    manson15,
    every car has a VIN (vehicle identification number). If you look through the driver's side front windshield at the dashboard, you should see it on a little metal strip. I believe you can often find it on the inside of the driver's side door as well.

Maybe someone else can be more specific, but your car DOES have a VIN.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• imoldfellaimoldfella Member Posts: 15
    LT 2WD, extended cab, short box + light duty power package +17" wheels & tires.

25850 dealer price
    -2500 rebate
    -1500 march madness
    -500 instant value certs
    -3000 gm credit card
    + lots of tax and goofy fees
    = 19660.45
    -500 GM business credit, but that takes months I'm told.

Cheers!
  • ricsch1ricsch1 Member Posts: 17
    Where are you located that you can get a $1500 March Madness rebate? In Wisconsin, it's only $1000.

Anyone know of the "Close the Deal" coupons I've seen mentioned?
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    I didn't until I saw your last post. Then I did a Google search. I didn't dig too hard to see what's the going on for current sales, but back in January dealerships received these and could give them out in $250 increments to their customers to "close the deal". At the time they could stack up to four of them ($1000) as needed. I believe they were (are?) intended to give dealers a bit more wiggle room to clear out old models and stock under the new pricing strategy, specifically vehicles like the GMT800 SUVs.

As I said, I didn't check to see what the current policy is, so you might want to search again to see the latest.
  • imoldfellaimoldfella Member Posts: 15
    Sorry for not getting back earlier...

It is not widely advertised but March Madness is $1500 for extended cab (not standard, not crew). I am in greater Philadelphia PA region, but this is national. I first read about it detroit news website. The other poster is correct as far as I know about the coupons. I didn't really push to get all four, so you might do better than I did.

We like the truck, but buy experience was not great. Gmbuypower is great, but then they go and launch a complicated incentive like March Madness where we had to call around anyway to try and find a qualifying truck (which was like finding hens' teeth here, I hope you have better luck) and we still have to haggle over the price.
  • rhoymerhoyme Member Posts: 10
    Is it reasonable for me to expect to pay the invoice price for an '06 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 LS? I'm dealing on one, MSRP right at $30,000. Invoice according to Edmunds is right at $27,500, and less the $2,500 rebate gives me a price of $25,000. I offered this to the sales manager, who said "we can't give these away", so I walked out of the dealership. That was on Monday, they haven't called me back like I thought they would. Am I unreasonable to expect to buy this truck at invoice?
  • omarkomark Member Posts: 1
  • davjundavjun Member Posts: 2
    did you finally get a deal? i'm trying to buy one of these trucks also and am wondering what is reasonable?

Thanks
  • rhoymerhoyme Member Posts: 10
    I never did get a deal. When the dealer said my offer was "unreasonable" -- I offered the invoice price -- I never heard back from the dealer. Since I'm from a small town (25,000 people) and want to buy local if at all possible, I'm now looking at a Dodge Ram although I'd really rather get a Silverado. But it does sound like other people are getting invoice pricing, if not even a little below invoice!
  • gra79gra79 Member Posts: 1
    hi; now that may is here; i am hoping there will be new rebates in the near future. the new designed 07 will be here soon. still a lot of trucks sitting on the ground. any takers on whether the big 3 will hang out the employee pricing again for us? i thinking DURAMAX so i hope so. ray :P
  • barackabaracka Member Posts: 2
    '06 Silverado ext cab LT2 HD towing

MSRP $29,800
    Sale $27,500
    down payment assistance -$1500
    Trade in matching -$750
    Rebate -$2000
    KBB Fair value trade '00 Grand Am --$3000

add all fees and crap and warranty and gap

Total 24500 @ 1.9APR $366.18 per month 72 month term
  • nancyf52nancyf52 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you find such a good deal? The financing is lower than I can find.
  • barackabaracka Member Posts: 2
    I am in Sacramento CA.
    I just lucky I guess.
    I went to 4 dealers that were at 6%+
    and wouldnt budge on price.

Finally I went to Mike Daugherty Cheverolet
    on Fulton Ave in Sacramento CA

they seem to have the best deals around on the trucks because chevy wants to move them and this dealer is a mass Corvette dealer so in order to get a Corvette they have to purchase a crazy ammount of trucks I guess and it allows them to just move them through for lower profits so they can have more Vettes where their profit is from..

didnt hurt that my fiancee had a 714 credit score to qualify tier 1.9% special APR they have going
  • steine13steine13 Member Posts: 2,818
    With GM, it gets complicated... so I gotta ask here:

For a Silverado 1500 reg cab, what else is there besides the $2,500 rebate? I'm not interested in special financing.

Is there a conquest rebate? Or loyalty? Or the dreaded "coupons" at $250 each?

Thanks in advance,
    -Mathias
  • homesteaderhomesteader Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2006 Silverado work truck, reg.cab, 6.5'bed, options:4.8 V8, auto trans, cruise, tilt, locking rear, custom seats. Sticker price was just over $22,000 - I paid $15,800
  • davydogdavydog Member Posts: 1
    This sound like an excellent deal. Was a trade or GM card dollars involved?
  • area123area123 Member Posts: 22
    I am working on a deal now. So far it's this.

06 Sierra standard bed, 4 auto, 6cyl, locking rear diff, custom seats, cruise. $14,500 after $3500 rebate, no trades or other rebates. Considing getting the v8 for $800, only for resale purposes cause I liked the v6 I drove.
  • oc48oc48 Member Posts: 3
    So I just purchased my new 2007 Chevy Crew Cab 1500 Silverado yesterday. It is a LS2, with 4x4 (not Z71 package). It came with a
    skid plate
    window tinting
    trailer package
    cloth interior
    4.8 motor
    LS2 package
    Sticker was $30,350. I got everything for the total drive out price of $26,500. I used a credit union to finance so nothing special on the APR. I never go to term anyway and I always pay off my loans early so not a big deal.

Just thought somebody out there could use some buying info without all these posts that show some pretty unrealistic "purchases".

It wasn't the steal of the century, but it was definitely a fair price. I bought the truck just outside of Houston, TX. I actually called the dealership and offered that price and gave the sales guy the VIN. He called me back in about 10 mins and it was a done deal. He had to check with the "tower boss" lol.
  • fordgmcmanfordgmcman Member Posts: 7
    I might have purchased the same thing on 9/2/06. I bought a new 2006 SL2 GMC Sierra 4WD Crew Cab.
    List price was $28,495 plus:
    HD locking diff
    Deep tinted glass
    Electric rear window defogger
    Engine block heater
    or $730 in options plus $875 freight equals list of $30,100.
    I built the same vehicle on edmunds and on the gmc site and arrived at exactly the same figures. I wish it came with the trailering package(tranny cooler, hitch, 7pin harness) and a bed liner but oh well.
    I got the truck for $22,000 plus tax, title (plus $250 for a GMC bed liner) for about $24,150.
    I usually go through Capital One (capitalone.com) for my auto's (I strongly recomend, very easy 5 min process on-line, they mail you a blank check the next day for $15, you can use on any car/truck) and they have the best rates. Except this time the dealer found Harris Bank (never heard of them) at a rate of 5.59% for 60 months. I am also a credit score in the mid 700's so that helps.
    MY BIG QUESTION IS....MY BROTHER-IN-LAW WORKS FOR GMAC AND GOT ME A EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT NUMBER----CAN THAT BE USED AND HOW? He was not sure of the amount or anything--I was hoping the discount would be on top of the discounts I already got. How does the employee discount work?
    Whoops, I also forgot to mention that the sales manager told me that the truck was an auto show truck so he could give some additional discounts. Apparently the dealers in the area of an auto show are given incentives to take the vehicles brougght to the show by the corporation--which makes sense otherwise they would have to ship the vehicles back to the plant which would be redundant.
    Also, because it was an auto show truck, he wouldn't let me use my small $225 gm credit card money. It would have paid for the bedliner...I'll have to call GM and ask why I was DENIED!!
  • oc48oc48 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a nice truck! I looked for a 2006 because of the $5k rebate, but the only ones I could find were LT2's with every option under the sun or pretty shiny red trucks that 17 year old chicks would love to drive!

The 2007 only came with $3,500 rebates, but I'm happy with it!
    Good! Too bad about not finding an 06, but at least you are happy! Ok, tomorrow I'm calling GM about them not letting me use:
    1. the employee discount code
    2. my credit card money

I called the dealer this afternoon to ask and once again was denied.
    SO...I called another dealer who had an ad in the paper Sunday for the same truck but advertised at $22,955. The owners son is a sales person there and told me the employee discount (friends and family code given to me by my brother-in-law) works like this:
    MSRP minus employee code minus rebates.
    This formula translated an MSRP of $29,500 minus $3,186 minus $5,000 rebate equals $21,314 (plus tax, title, and license). This would be about $686 better than the deal I got, but I am still very happy with my purchase. I guess I get free car washes for the life of the vehicle and I live about a quarter mile from the dealer so I'll try to make up that $686 over 5 years (if average cost of a car wash is $6, then I need to get it washed twice a month!).
    Whew! At least gas prices are now about $2.56 gallon here in Minneapolis, MN.
  • speedyptspeedypt Member Posts: 200
    Local Phoenix dealer quoted me:

$28,250.00 OTD (truck, tax, title, tags, doc fee all included)for a:
    2006 Silverado Crew LT2 2WD 3.23 axle
    OnStar Plus
    Light Duty package (limited slip)
    Southwest package
    5.3l V8
    Aluminum rims (factory)

It's white (blah...I know)

Is this okay, or should I push lower?

Thanks,

Pete
    Have you checked Edmunds for the invoice price? My advice: use Edmunds to build and price your truck and to determine the invoice price. Then take invoice minus any rebates (I think it is $4,000 right now up in the north central area like Minnesota). GMC/Chevy allows dealers a 3% holdback based on the full MSRP. According to Edmunds, dealers never give up this money but in my case they must have given up a little to move the truck because I figured that they only made about half the holdback.
    Of course, I think another idea is to bargin on the powertrain warranty which is now better on the 2007's. I am currently arguing with GM about that because my 06 was only 4 days old when they announced the better warranty on the 07's on Sept 6th 2006.
    Hey man, thanks. They gave me the invoice printout including all holdbacks, etc. listed on it. I think they did this because I get supplier pricing. What suprised me was seeing a lower price listed on CarsDirect.com than my supplier pricing.

Dealer called me and sounds like they'd go about 1k lower if I'm really ready to buy now.

Now all I have to do is convince the wife!

Thanks for the advice!

Pete
    I forgot about supplier pricing--the dealer mentioned he was giving me that discount too and I'm not sure what it means. All I know is that he went below the supplier price to sell me my truck. I also went to Carsdirect.com and the MSRP when I built my truck was the same, but the invoice is about $428 more than Edmunds.com because of my area/zip code and some of the options are cheaper for this area too, not sure why. Edmunds actually had the same Carsdirect.com price listed beside my cheaper price as a column listed as What Others Are Paying. Cool.
    As a side note, I know the current $4,000 rebate ends 10/6/2006. I wonder if it would be worth waiting until 10/7/2006 to see if they offer more discounts...but alas, if the wife says do it, then do it now! :)
  • boochtwoboochtwo Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any experience or knowledge about buying a Z71 or GM truck in general, from Carmax? Pitfalls, dangers, things to watch for? Also, curious about where Carmax gets their vehicles from? Thanks.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    The new 900 line Silverado prices are out on Edmunds. Yet, GM does NOT have them for the extended cab versions. Good going Edmunds. As for GM? When are they going to get their heads out of their [non-permissible content removed]?
  • 1offroader1offroader Member Posts: 208
    I have an offer on the new model 2007 Silverado Crew Cab, 4WD, 2LT cloth int., 6.0L eng., Z71 Off Road Pkg., Safety Pkg. (incl. head curtain air bags), pwr. sliding rear window, 18" alloy wheels, EZLift tailgate pkg. Invoice price is $35,389 which incl. $900 destination chg. The MSRP is $38,875. A dealer here in So. Cal. gave me a price of $35,642 + tx. & lic., which is $253 above invoice. The vehicle had to be ordered, 8-10 weeks delivery time. No factory rebates avail. at this time but if there are any in effect at time of delivery I will get it. GM often has a "March Madness", I am hoping they will do it again for 2007.
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    That sounds like a decent price. Back in late 2004 when I bought my 04 off the lot, I managed around $31k for a 5.3L Z-71 extended cab, standard box (didn't have the extra-short "short box" from the crew cabs available yet), 4x4, cloth power captain's seats, OnStar, XM, CD, dual auto climate control, pw, pl, 17" wheels (16's were standard on 04 Z-71's). Some people did better than that, but the truck's sticker was almost $36k at the time.

I checked out several of the new Silverados and Sierras at my dealership while my wife's van was having it's oil changed yesterday. The one in the showroom was a 2LT, and was a LOT like my 07 Avalanche LTZ inside. It appeared to have all the goodies but the sunroof and rear DVD system, including the navigation unit. That was a very nice truck.

Versus my 2004 it sounds like you can get a bigger engine, more airbags, power rear slider (none on the 04 I had, not even a manual slider), and probably have the auto climate and XM too (?) in an all-around much better truck for just a bit a couple thousand more.

Not too shabby. Even without a March Madness kind of thing that seems like it would be a good deal. Good luck!
  • 1offroader1offroader Member Posts: 208
    jerrywimer - the 2LT pkg. includes dual zone auto climate. XM radio is avail. as another option.
    I have to say...I did the test drive of the new 1LT Silverado Crew Cab at the Phoenix Auto show just over a month ago. Not only did they let us take them out on "real" streets, but the salespeople that staffed the test drive event really seemed to have studied up on the particulars of the truck.

I asked several towing and mileage questions, and my salesperson had all the answers memorized. It really cast a positive light on the truck, that is, in addition to the high quality ride, control feel and quiet ride of the truck.

I "was" convinced that I would get an F150 or Titan, but Chevy's good mileage and recent improvements have me looking at them again.

Best price I've found so far for a Silv Crew Cab 2LT with tow package, Onstar and upgraded wheels is $33k. I'm pretty sure I can do better when I start seriously shopping in 2 - 3 months.

Regards,

Pete
  • brix92brix92 Member Posts: 8
    In Oct 2006, I bought my first Chevy truck and still wonder if I got a good deal.

I bought a 2007 Silverado Classic 1500HD LT1 crew cab w/the following:

On Star
    XM (free for 3 mos)
    AM/FM/6 disc CD changer
    Locking rear differential
    Trailering equipment
    Cloth seat w/6 way power
    Power folding mirrors
    Dual zone auto A/C
    fog lamps
    Steering wheel audio controls
    3.73 rear axle
    Off road tires

The sticker was just under $34K and I got it w/a rebate for $28K out the door.

I had a 2004 Ford F150 extended cab Lariat that I traded in (I hated that truck!) and still owed $16K on it at the time. They paid it off and didn't roll it back into the new loan.

So, can anyone tell me if I truly got a good deal?
  • advequityguyadvequityguy Member Posts: 138
    sure, I think I can field that one. You bought a leftover truck made with spare parts, the "classic", I am assuming. You traded in a truck that is superior in every way to it, and now you have a fresh loan for about 30000 (plus tax) if my math is correct, for a truck worth about 20k wholesale.
  • brix92brix92 Member Posts: 8
    hahahaha...ok then. Well, I did learn one thing from when I bought my F150 in 2004. That was the first year of the new style and what I learned was never to buy anything in its new style as the bugs haven't been worked out yet. I like the inside of the new '07 Silverados, but hate the outside and the bed is smaller too.

Personally, I don't understand how you can say the F150 is superior in every way to the Silverado or any other vehicle for that matter. It was my 2nd one and I only traded the older one in for the newer one thinking that w/the new style, the problems would have been fixed. But noooo....

That F150 had leather seats that were rock hard, and never softened up in the 2 yrs of owning the truck. It had the tow package and towing anything meant that it was a very sluggish ride, and I only towed 5000 pounds, IF THAT! I think the book showed that towing capacity was around 85-8600 w/the tow package?

In the 2 yrs, I had things come apart on it and I take care of my vehicles. A piece of the inside of the passenger door kept coming off and one day, I came out and found the back of the drivers side mirror had fallen off and couldn't be put back on at all. Of course I had to get an entire mirror as Ford doesn't just sell a part for the back of the mirror...which cost me $300! I had 48,000 miles on it so I had no warranty. (I drive about 80 miles RT every day to/from work, but again, I take care of my vehicle).

Their slogan, "quality is job one" is crap. With the other F150 I had and with the 2004 one there was a similiar problem which was that there was a vibration problem and there was a TSA on this as it was a problem in pretty much all of the F150s. After several alignments and even a tire change, it still was very, very prevelant.

So, please, don't tell me that the F150 is superior to anything!

I have cloth seats in the Chevy that are superior to Ford's leather. They are so comfortable. Plus, when I tow with my horse trailer...I hardly fell it and there is no sluggishness at all.

My loan is for what my purchase was, which was $28k. I went online to Edmunds and found that that is what the vehicle is going for.

Truthfully, I think all of these trucks, regardless of the manufacturer, are ridiculously high priced. And unless you are driving a Honda car, you lose out at trade in time.
  • moman11moman11 Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering buying the last 2007 Silverado Classic Z71 at my local dealer.

Here's how it's shaping up:
    Price: $31300
    Rebate: $3000
    GM Card credits: $3000
    Trade-in value : $16000

I can smart buy for 36 months @ $2.10 /mo, with a balloon of $15k. Or I can traditional purchase for $165 a month.

I like the idea of the SmartLease so I can pay all monthly payments on day 1 and save money to buy the truck out at the end, or turn it in for a Camaro at that time.

Do I risk losing the $16000 in equity I have saved up now?
  • twevertstweverts Member Posts: 24
    Here's my deal made on Feb 20th, last day of the "Presidents Day Sale" here at Gunn Chevrolet in San Antonio, TX. SPECS from window sticker.

SILVERADO 1500 4WD CREW CAB LT1
    VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI GAS ENGINE W/ ACTIVE FUEL MGT TECHNOLOGY
    4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    Dark Blue Metallic
    Ebony premium cloth
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $31,615.00
    Options installed by Manufacturer
    P265/70R17 OOR BW TIRES $ 55.00
    LT1 CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
    AUTO DUAL ZONE HVAC CONTROLS
    REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER
    STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
    FOG LAMPS
    17" CUSTOM ALUMINUM WHEELS $ 895.00
    TOWING PACKAGE:
    HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
    LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL $ 675.00
    VORTEC 5.3L V8 SFI GAS ENGINE
    W/ ACTIVE FUEL MGT TECHNOLOGY $ 600.00
    SILVERADO LT1 EQUIPMENT GROUP:
    POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS
    ISRV MIRROR W/AUTO DIMMING,
    COMPASS, TEMPERATURE
    DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS
    BODYSIDE MOLDINGS
    LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL
    REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
    AUTOTRAC TRANSFER CASE NO CHARGE
    GVW RATING - 7000 LBS NO CHARGE
    REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIO NO CHARGE
    OFF ROAD SUSPENSION PACKAGE:
    SKID PLATES $ 275.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $2,500.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $34,115.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $900.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $35,015.00

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
    Items Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown

*** MECHANICAL ***
    VORTEC 4.8L V8
    4-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
    COIL-OVER-SHOCK FRONT SUSP
    MULTI-LEAF REAR SPRING SUSP
    Z85 HANDLING/TRAILERING SUSP
    BOXED FRAME DESIGN W/ HYDROFORMED TECHNOLOGY
    145 AMP ALTERNATOR
    LONG-LIFE SPARK PLUGS
    LONG-LIFE REAR AXLE FLUID
    PWR RACK AND PINION STEERING
    *** SAFETY & SECURITY ***
    4-WHEEL ABS W/ DYNAMIC REAR PROPORTIONING
    DUAL STAGE DRIVER/RT FRT PASS AIR BAGS W/PASS SENSING SYSTEM
    THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM
    DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
    AUTO HEADLAMPS W/FLASH-TO-PASS
    STABILITRAK-STABILITY CONTROL
    1 YEAR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND (ASK DEALER ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION UPGRADE)
    SPARE TIRE LOCK
    TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM
    *** EXTERIOR ***
    CHROME REAR BUMPER
    17" CHROME-STYLED STEEL WHEELS
    17" FULLSIZE SPARE
    17" P265 ALL-SEASON TIRES
    FRONT TOW HOOKS
    CARGO BOX ILLUMINATION
    SOLAR-RAY DEEP TINTED GLASS
    *** INTERIOR ***
    AIR CONDITIONING
    REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
    UPLEVEL SPLIT BENCH SEATS W/ DRVR LUMBAR & LOCKING STORAGE
    60/40 SPLIT REAR SEATING
    DUAL GLOVE BOX STORAGE
    AM/FM STEREO WITH CD/MP3
    DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
    INTERMITTENT WIPERS
    6-GAUGE CLUSTER W/TACHOMETER
    DUAL 12-VOLT AUX PWR OUTLETS
    TILT STEERING WHEEL
    CRUISE CONTROL
    CARPETED FLOOR COVERING
    *** OTHER ***
    BATTERY RUN DOWN PROTECTION
    OIL LIFE MONITORING SYSTEM
    24 HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

Traded in a 1999 Chev Silverado LT z71 which I priced checked at Edmunds and KBB. came in at 13600 & 13500 as the dealer retail price (outstanding condition & 73K miles).
    dealer offered me $12000
    Received off $1000 for customer loyality certificate
    Received off $1000 for 1999 or newer trade in
    Received off $500 Active Duty military discount

sale price by Gunn was $32,484
    Total price was $17,984
    Add taxes, title, fees, spray in liner & westin chrome step bar and I financed $20,450.
    Now here's the best part...president's day sale was 0.0% financing for 36 months!
  • jreaganjreagan Member Posts: 285
    My deal for comparison, I ordered mine on Jan 22 and it is built and on the way:

2007 GMC Sierra SLT Crewcab 4x4. Basically fully loaded less NAV and Rear DVD. Steel Gray with Ebony leather interior.

Options:
    SLT Package (see website for details)
    20" alum wheels/tires
    HP suspension pkg
    6.0 liter V8 (Includes larger engine, SD tranny, Engine oil cooler, Tranny cooler, HD 9.5" rear end (3.73), and 4 wheel disc brakes.
    Power Sunroof
    Side head curtain air bags
    HD Trailering pkg
    Locking rear diff (3.73)
    Skid plate pkg
    Engine block heater.

MSRP $42,930
    Invoice: $38,929

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra Z71 SLE 3-door with 89K miles in mint cond. Dealer gave me $11,500. My brother is actually purchasing through dealer though for $11,500. Dealer "Pass-Thru" deal saves me the sales tax.

Summary:

Sales price @ invoice: $38,929
    Trade-in bonus cash: -$1000
    Loyalty Rebate: -$1000
    Trade-in: -$11,500
    Total: $25,429 +TTL

I also plan on putting on the 6" SSTL Oval step bars, Hood protector, Spray-in liner, Access Tonneau cover, Remote start (didn't want the entire "package" from factory, which included power pedals and rear park assist).

Step Bars: $600
    Hood Protector: $150
    Linex Spray-in liner: $450
    Access Tonneau cover: $450
    Remote Start: $250
    Total dealer Accessories: $1900
  • xbbusterxbbuster Member Posts: 145
    I bought an '07 classic W/T with the ext. cab. The factory options were upgrade seats, cruise, CD player, tinted windows, and locking differential. The price was $18,100 plus Ind. sales tax. I think I could have got it cheaper. I offered the 18,100 and they took it, no haggling.