Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    What is indiana sales tax and what was the msrp?

thanx
    --jjf

I bought an '07 classic W/T with the ext. cab. The factory options were upgrade seats, cruise, CD player, tinted windows, and locking differential. The price was $18,100 plus Ind. sales tax. I think I could have got it cheaper. I offered the 18,100 and they took it, no haggling.
  • xbbusterxbbuster Member Posts: 145
    Indiana sales tax is 6%
    The MSRP on the window sticker including the destination charge was $23,577
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    Looks like the invoices have been "high balled." In other words, the disparity between invoice and sticker has been lessened. Then GM can use the excuse that the markups have been reduced. OK. 10-4 I believe em'.
  • gringo1gringo1 Member Posts: 72
    I know this is a related question to prices paid, but I'm bewildered by Chevy's confusing list of options and wonder if someone could help me put the best truck together for the money.

I need to tow, I need a 4x4, and I prefer bench front seat if they even come that way anymore. I can do my own music system.

If this is the wrong forum, perhaps the monitor can re-route this message.

Thx,
    El Gringo
    Check out my message 14394 in the Accord prices paid section for useful references to learn how to buy a new car.

Its probably easier to go to the chevy website and search the inventory of your local dealers in the price range you stated. Look for the ones with the options you want. (and probably a little extra) Last year Silverados in dealer stock in the 25-32 k range went for 7-10000 off MSRP (like most other large vehicles). A look at the NADA or kelly blue book of used values will tell why.

Happy Huntin
    --jjf

I know this is a related question to prices paid, but I'm bewildered by Chevy's confusing list of options and wonder if someone could help me put the best truck together for the money.

I need to tow, I need a 4x4, and I prefer bench front seat if they even come that way anymore. I can do my own music system.

If this is the wrong forum, perhaps the monitor can re-route this message.

Thx,
    El Gringo
    Thx jjf, I have appreciated the formula using last yr. wholesale + 15%, and then working down from MSRP, which makes establishing true cost not the objective, rather to buy in keeping with what the vehicle's value will be after that 1st year deprec. hit.

In keeping with that, and having just done exactly what you suggested, going to the local Chevy dealer's lot b4 they opened, it seems the XTD Cab 1500 LT1 comes in around $32955 and with your 7k-10k off that figure, I might hope to pay around $25,000 for it.

The LT1 Conv Grp for $895 seems unnecessary to me, tho I would like the fog lamps. The HD Trailering $350, and Off-Rd suspension $600, and 5.3L $600, and Seat 6way $350, and locking tailgate $95 seem all worth it.

So, I guess, I answered my own question in part, though I welcome ideas of other posters about what options they think are worth the money.

And I would like to see more posts of what people are paying for this Silverado Extd Cab 1500 equipped LT1 plus the above options.

Is $25,000 or $8,000 off reasonable or do I wait for summer season?

El Gringo
  • geo9geo9 Member Posts: 735
    EL.........Instead of chasing around to dealers checking
    prices go to http://www.gmbuypower.com .

You can pull up any truck in your area............
    About getting $10k off sticker. You won't get that much
    off since the sticker prices have been reduced the last few
    years and the rebates reduced.

Your best bet is to look for a ex-cab, LT1 pkg, 5.3, trailer
    tow. You will have all the power goodies and the towing
    stuff too while keeping the price down.

Heres a example in my area of Syracuse NY. 07 x-cab 4x4,
    v-8, tow pkg., lt-1 pkg. MSRP $27,340 minus dealer discount -$1800, GM trade bonus -$1000 (if you are trading a 99 and up vehicle), -$1000 spring bonus cash, -$1000
    truck trade bonus (if your trading a 99 & up GM truck),
    Final price $22,540

If you find one post the vin and dealer name and zip and I
    can tell you the GM employee price. You can't get that
    deal .But you can get close ! Heck the dealer might even
    show it to ya!

Too bad you don't know a GM employee/retiree. They could
    set ya up with the "GM in the driveway" deal !
    You get the set supplier price and don't have to pay
    advertising fee and the DOC id limited to $75 bucks !

Keep searching and post here...I may be able to hook ya
    up with a GM employee bud from another site!
    i FINALLY FOUND a 07 Chevy 2500 GMT-900 x-cab today !
    The 2500s aren't on GM buypower so its been "work the phone"
    hassle.....................

Found a black x-cab, with the right work goodies ie: cloth guts,LT-1 pkg, plow prep., G-80, trailer tow . Its got other stuff like Z-71, remote start, PYO wheels, skid plates, adj. pedals and back up sensor............
    Sticker $35,280.

Not sure of how much it is with my employee discount deal
    because its not listed on buypower yet. Will have to
    wait till Monday to see the invoice and to "shop" my
    trade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rebate is currently $2000 plus my GM card and bonus $$$$!

Dealer eyeballed my 04 Chevy 2500 x-cab 4x4 LS 20k miles
    and quoted $20,500 trade in...........

Didn't talk FIRM $$$ or see invoice because the dealer was swamped today ! The GM was yelling at the new car get ready guys out back to GET MOVING and quit goofing off because he had 3 units heading out the door in 20 minutes ! Salesguy was busy and I know he had a couple of "laydowns" BUYING NOW ( I listen closely and those
    folks went for the rust n dust and choke n croak too!!)
    so I told him I would talk turkey Monday!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P
  • 07classic07classic Member Posts: 8
    well i bought my first brand new truck in december of 06. I bought a 07 silverado classic. I dont make alot of money so I didnt get the v8 and all the power options. I did get a nice driving truck however. I have the 4.3 and have pulled a couple of cars out of town with it and am very pleased and was able to pass other cars while towing. I have already gotten a A.R.E. bed cover with the "wing" on it and have redone the stereo system and tinted the windows. the only options that were on this truck was automatic trans, dual air controls, cruise control, and cloth seats. It had 13 miles on it and i gave 15,300 for it. I have a friend who works at a gm dealership now and is going to get me a "at cost" job on the power windows and power door locks. Personally i like the "classic" better on outside looks than the 07 new style but i do like the interior of the new style very much.
    Thx Geo9, do appreciate the weblink to gmbuypower.

One of the confusions is how to equip the 5.3l 1/2 ton for towing.

I have heard the half ton can tow 7300 lbs, but the towing pkg has to be a certain pkg, and compensating hitch needs to be used.

I don't have a problem with rigging up a different hitch accessory, but I do need to get the original eqpt hitch correct.

Can you or others provide insight into tow pkgs?

Second, I see the 2500 or 3/4 ton-9000s are getting talked about now. I can't afford the Duramax $7,000 option, and don't want the 6 liter for mpg reasons.

Is there any reason to buy the 2500 for towing advantage over the 1500 if the 5.3l engine is the choice for both trucks?

Well, I'll stop rambling and will go check out the website.
    For towing you need the Z-85 pkg. It includes locking rear,
    a frame mounted hitch platform, upgraded suspension option, aux. trans. and engine oil cooler, a certain rear axle
    ratio, and a few other tow related goodies........
    A 1/2 ton ex.cab. 4x4, 5.3, z-85 can tow 8500 lbs.......

GM offers the 1 pkg. on all 1/2 tons for a variety to
    towing needs. So if your new truck has it on the window
    sticker.....Your ready to go !

If you need more "haul" than that ya need a 2500.
    But don't forget they are gas hogs compared to a 1500 so
    if you can make do remember that..............
  • azmkazmk Member Posts: 2
    We are very serious about getting a '07 Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 1LT with the V8 5.3 engine. I was told by a friend about the supplier pricing and the "gm in the driveway". Anyone have any information on this? I'm a desperate. I'm trying to help my sister get her dream truck. After spending a year in Iraq and craming 4 years of college into 3 at the same time going to officer training, she graduates next saturday from college and the same day becomes a 2nd Luitenant. So I'm looking for the best deal I can get for her. Any suggestions? Or help?
    Check out my messages 213 and 214 in this forum and go from there. Email 20-30 chevy dealers last week of the month with your requirements. Use dealer locator on chevy web site. Ask for their best price, fact you are getting 20 bids and include your cell #. Include you will buy before the end of the month. Color options from 1st to 3rd are helpful to as well as a msrp price range and necessary options (ie 31000-33000) Its unlikely a truck will have exactly the options you want without a little extra. About 1/2 of the dealers may respond. Work the best 2-3 down to the lowest price. You can build the truck on the chevy website and get an idea of the numbers.

If you're in a hurry thats generally against you, but do the above and check out the resources I recommend for the rest of your car buying career.

You are shooting for 7000-10000 off msrp a 32000 truck. Closer to 7000 now (for the new 07 body style not the old 07) and if your color and other prefs are picky. You really want about 9000-10000 off as this segment is a slow mover and these chevys wholesale used about 12000 off msrp after year 1. GM supplier pricing has generally been available to anybody capable of working the best deal. By all means after the deal is worked try to get 500 off for a military discount but it won't be possible if you have worked the best deal as this is generally a marketing tool.

With the prices and availability I would want the power pedals, tow hooks (cheap to add) and limited slip diff. And fog lights.

I suggest you have your credit and financing arranged thru your own sources and have an idea of your monthly payments.

Good Luck
    --jjf

We are very serious about getting a '07 Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 1LT with the V8 5.3 engine. I was told by a friend about the supplier pricing and the "gm in the driveway". Anyone have any information on this? I'm a desperate. I'm trying to help my sister get her dream truck. After spending a year in Iraq and craming 4 years of college into 3 at the same time going to officer training, she graduates next saturday from college and the same day becomes a 2nd Luitenant. So I'm looking for the best deal I can get for her. Any suggestions? Or help?
  • azmkazmk Member Posts: 2
    Thankyou for your reply. I have done a lot of the things that you suggested already. Your message gives me more of an idea of what is possible. Financing we already have, so we have a little more power in our favor. Thanks again, I'll try to post what I was able to get.
  • h8radarh8radar Member Posts: 9
    How's this deal sound?

07 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab - Short Box
    MSRP - $44559
    Invoice - $40,375

Deal Offered = $39,247 + Tax/tags/dest
    Includes current incentives
    Sounds Lousy. I would want $10000 off MSRP as a bare minimum on this vehicle. I would guess it wholesales used for 28000-30000 in 1yr with 15000 miles on it.

--jjf

How's this deal sound?

07 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab - Short Box
    MSRP - $44559
    Invoice - $40,375

Deal Offered = $39,247 + Tax/tags/dest
    Includes current incentives
  • ktpklossktpkloss Member Posts: 28
    "Sounds Lousy. I would want $10000 off MSRP as a bare minimum on this vehicle."

wow... i have really hard time believing that such a deal is possible... i've been trying to get a good price on a similarly equipped truck (LTZ, ext cab, 4x4 + options, $38500 msrp) ---> none of 3 dealers i have approached showed any interest in coming $4500 below MSRP (and that includes current $1000 incentive) - and you're talking $10k? , say $8k in my case ---> i'd take it immediately, without hesitaiton...but i just know now it's impossible.
  • guardian03guardian03 Member Posts: 12
    I agree, $10k off MSRP on a Chevy is quite unreasonable, to say the least. I don't believe there's $10k of profit in any new car, other than some of the exotics.
    Hmmmm. You people need some experience in the car business. 10000 off MSRP was a good deal on the 32000 06 silverado end of last year. I have seen numerous ads for 7500 off the newer 07 bodystyle this year. 11000 off the GMC envoy and Trailblazer was not uncommon last year. (most of the dealer cash unadvertised in addition to the advertised rebate.) With the gasolene situation and price we are going to have a repeat. None of these vehicles (suvs and trucks from Honda, ford etc) has moved for 3 years without heavy incentives. (both rebate and unadvertised dealer cash)

To walk in as a neophyte to 3 chevy dealers, (out of 3700 total and probably 40 within 150 miles of you) and declare something impossible because they didn't drop their pants for you immediately (especially at the beginning of the month and as a walk in to the showroom) is silly. Check out my post 14394 in the accord prices paid forum for useful resources to learn how to buy a car. Solicit 15-30 bids via email last week of the month for a vehicle of your specs.

Published invoice prices have become more and more a nominal figure for the last 15 years or so. This has become especially evident in the large truck/suv segment in the last few years.
  • h8radarh8radar Member Posts: 9
    Based on what I'm hearing here, as well as outside of this forum, several things are clear.

1) $10K off, say a loaded 07' F150 Lariat is more likely to happen than off the redesigned 07' Silverado.

2) With a GMID certificate (which is easily obtainable), buying a loaded 07' Siverado LTZ Crew can be bought now for at least $6500 off sticker.

The Silverado I'm looking at MSRP's @ $44,559 and can be had for under $38K. This price was achieved via email negotiations; I expect it to drop even further once I actually walk in the door, say around Memorial Day weekend, when gas prices soar even higher and bonus cash offers start coming out of the woodwork.

Thanks for all the responses!
    Please...educate us on how you acheived 10k off the MSRP on your NBS Chevy/GMC truck. We're all ears. In fact, why don't you write a book? Hell, I'll buy a copy. Let me know when you go to print.

Looking at Edmunds.com, a base NBS extended cab Silverado has an MSRP of $25,960 and an invoice of $23,753. Including dealer holdback, that is a profit of $2,985. However, YOU can buy this truck for $15,960? Hmmmm.
    Actually, I could write a book, but I pointed to the few worthwhile resources that have already been written. Already in print from 24 months to 25 years. (Accord prices paid section msg 14394) Do this and you will be well educated.

No you will not probably get 10000+ off a base 25000 truck like the 32000+ trucks. Don't we wish. However this summer is likely to be a shooting gallery at least if not more than last summer for this segment so I wouldn't doubt anything. Give a month for the new body style to wear off the Chev and a few months for the Tundra and it will be business as usual. If not already.

However, an invoice of 23753, with a "profit" of 3000, + 3500-4000 in rebates, + 2000 or so in hidden dealer cash (based on sales volume and targets) may get us dangerously close to $9000 off for a dealer needing to make a sale, even on a base truck. Your 16000 figure may not be far off this summer.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

Please...educate us on how you acheived 10k off the MSRP on your NBS Chevy/GMC truck. We're all ears. In fact, why don't you write a book? Hell, I'll buy a copy. Let me know when you go to print.

Looking at Edmunds.com, a base NBS extended cab Silverado has an MSRP of $25,960 and an invoice of $23,753. Including dealer holdback, that is a profit of $2,985. However, YOU can buy this truck for $15,960? Hmmmm.
    So, what you're saying is you can't get 10k off MSRP on an extended cab NBS LT1? Ok, I believe that; but I don't follow your numbers on your example showing a 38% discount from invoice that will still give the dealer some profit. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get 10k off the truck I ordered, but was ONLY able to get it for $82 over invoice minus any discounts. My math shows the dealer will still make about $700 from the holdback, but I doubt there are another 8k of secret factory-to-dealer dollars coming to him for volume sales, etc. What did you pay for your truck?
    "What did you pay for your truck?"

lol...yeah...too bad this forum isn't more active...looking few pages back, there were only a handfull of REAL reports from people who actually purchased the truck, and none of them came even close to the "10k off" mark on a new 2007 silverado...well i guess just a bunch of naive neophytes, letting the dealers make $6000+ profit on each car they sell...
    Absolutely. You know, I've driven a few bargins with car dealers in my 42 years, and those car dealers sometimes say "NO." They are under no obligation to sell you the vehicle and I experienced a sales manager tell me they were closing when I wouldn't budge off the numbers I brought in from Edmunds.com. You'd think if he still had another 5 or 6k in profit in that car (as has been suggested), he would have been more than happy to finish the sale and get me out of his dealership.
    I promise to post my actual numbers of my Silverado purchase when I take delivery in June.
  • oomag12oomag12 Member Posts: 5
    Bought a new Silverado vortek v-6 4 speed auto WT, March 1 06. April 1, 07, the tranny is fried.... The truck did have miles, but all highway, and no hauling or towing, but none the less out of warranty, GM agreed to pay half of 3600. repair at alternate dealer, but at 13 months, i really felt they should have covered the total. I have also had the AC/Heater "resitor" burn out, wiring included..... The orginal dealer that i purchased the truck from, did replace it free of charge. Service manager told me the 06's and 07 classic's had faulty resisitors and he took care of it for me. He also told me if I would have towed the truck back to him ( dealership where truck was purchased) he would have got that trans. replaced free of charge. So i guess, good advice is GM dealerships ARE competetive, and if at all possible return your vehicle (even if warranty is expired) to the dealer you bought it from. The dealership that i had evalutate the truck when the tranny took a dump, is also where i tried to make a deal on a truck 13 months earlier. The truck broke down 1.5 miles from thier dealership, so had them take a look at it. I am conviced, because they asked where the truck was purchased, they hung it to me. They even, for lack of a better word, lied to GM customer service concerning the diagnosis. I learned a hard lesson, no matter, return to the exact dealer for ANYTHING, regardless......
    On the Honda repair board there are numerous Oddessy owners who have gone thru 3 trannys. A 05 Tundra owner is furious for having to foot the bill for his tranny (no towing, 70000 miles). I really don't know which manufacturer you would go to avoid this. Maybe other makes have a 1/30 chance of this happening vs 1/20 ?. IE 50% better.

--jjf

Bought a new Silverado vortek v-6 4 speed auto WT, March 1 06. April 1, 07, the tranny is fried.... The truck did have miles, but all highway, and no hauling or towing, but none the less out of warranty, GM agreed to pay half of 3600. repair at alternate dealer, but at 13 months, i really felt they should have covered the total. I have also had the AC/Heater "resitor" burn out, wiring included..... The orginal dealer that i purchased the truck from, did replace it free of charge. Service manager told me the 06's and 07 classic's had faulty resisitors and he took care of it for me. He also told me if I would have towed the truck back to him ( dealership where truck was purchased) he would have got that trans. replaced free of charge. So i guess, good advice is GM dealerships ARE competetive, and if at all possible return your vehicle (even if warranty is expired) to the dealer you bought it from. The dealership that i had evalutate the truck when the tranny took a dump, is also where i tried to make a deal on a truck 13 months earlier. The truck broke down 1.5 miles from thier dealership, so had them take a look at it. I am conviced, because they asked where the truck was purchased, they hung it to me. They even, for lack of a better word, lied to GM customer service concerning the diagnosis. I learned a hard lesson, no matter, return to the exact dealer for ANYTHING, regardless......
  • flysprayflyspray Member Posts: 15
    I just ordered a silverado 1500 extended cab 8' bed LTZ. The dealer gave it to me at dealer invoice... We will also deduct any discounts offered when the truck comes in. (around june 10-15th)

I thought I made a pretty good deal.... Am I wrong?????

I know I could have gotten a better price if I was willing to take one off the lot. I'm getting my truck exactly the way I wanted it.

One thing I do have going for me (I think) is that I ordered the truck with a dealer installed tonneau bed lid. The salesman told me that they don't have them yet but they will be available in 2-3 weeks...(last week). I checked with him friday and they are not available yet. I plan on not taking possession of the truck until the lid is installed. By the way NOONE makes a lid for the new body 07 with 8' beds yet. They all claim that they will be out any day now... but not yet. If the salesman wants me to take the truck without the bed lid he is going to have to lower the price. If not I will ask for my $500.00 deposit back because he tried to sell me something that doesn't exist.

Back to my original question... Did I get a good deal??? At dealer invoice less any incentives available when delivered.

gregC
    Don't know if the dealers are able to milk the Truck of the year thing for the new 07 body style for a few months, but if you look up a used 06 LTZ (or equivalent) like the one you ordered, it probably wholesales 13-15k off MSRP 1st year. I would want (and got on my 06) 10k off. A guy a work got almost that much off the older 07 body style. (~$33000 trucks)

In general rebates and dealer incentives sometimes don't apply to ordered trucks so if the $1500 rebate now goes to $4000 like it was on the 06's and older 07's neither may apply.

If a $40000 or so machine depreciates 13k or so in a year $3000 off MSRP is not a good deal. If the dealers got a 60 day reprieve from gravity and got some increased traffic for the Truck of the Year headline, that isn't helping you any. If they actually have a $4000 rebate by June, and they apply it, a $7000 off deal would be OK for an ordered truck.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

I just ordered a silverado 1500 extended cab 8' bed LTZ. The dealer gave it to me at dealer invoice... We will also deduct any discounts offered when the truck comes in. (around june 10-15th)

I thought I made a pretty good deal.... Am I wrong?????

I know I could have gotten a better price if I was willing to take one off the lot. I'm getting my truck exactly the way I wanted it.

One thing I do have going for me (I think) is that I ordered the truck with a dealer installed tonneau bed lid. The salesman told me that they don't have them yet but they will be available in 2-3 weeks...(last week). I checked with him friday and they are not available yet. I plan on not taking possession of the truck until the lid is installed. By the way NOONE makes a lid for the new body 07 with 8' beds yet. They all claim that they will be out any day now... but not yet. If the salesman wants me to take the truck without the bed lid he is going to have to lower the price. If not I will ask for my $500.00 deposit back because he tried to sell me something that doesn't exist.

Back to my original question... Did I get a good deal??? At dealer invoice less any incentives available when delivered.

gregC
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    For someone claiming to be in the know, you're posting quite a bit of incorrect information.

Don't know if the dealers are able to milk the Truck of the year thing for the new 07 body style for a few months, but if you look up a used 06 LTZ (or equivalent) like the one you ordered, it probably wholesales 13-15k off MSRP 1st year.
    There is no 'LTZ' package on the 06 or 07 Classic trucks. The closest you could go is a fully (or extremely well) loaded LT3. Even then there are many additions to the new trucks that just can't be had on the old body style, so an 07 NBS LTZ will be practically guaranteed to have something that would require 'modding' the old truck (and extra cash out of your pockets after the sale to do so). I could let you slide here because of the 'or equivalent' part of your post though.

In general rebates and dealer incentives sometimes don't apply to ordered trucks so if the $1500 rebate now goes to $4000 like it was on the 06's and older 07's neither may apply.
    This is where I find the biggest problem with your post. Rebates and Dealer Incentives ALWAYS apply, but only whatever's in effect when you accept the truck (after delivery). Basically, the using the scenario you present, the $1500 wouldn't be given, but the $4000 would! Other incentives that are optional (and usually only known by the salespeople) would of course be contingent on negotiating skills at time of vehicle delivery. I know this because I custom ordered my 07 Avalanche and went through the same process, losing the $2000 GM Owner Loyalty discount because my truck came in less than a week after it expired, but instead talked the dealership into most of that back using some certificates they had available for use to swing buyers who were on the fence.

If a $40000 or so machine depreciates 13k or so in a year $3000 off MSRP is not a good deal. If the dealers got a 60 day reprieve from gravity and got some increased traffic for the Truck of the Year headline, that isn't helping you any. If they actually have a $4000 rebate by June, and they apply it, a $7000 off deal would be OK for an ordered truck.
    Not really true. We aren't buying the truck after depreciation, nor (hopefully) with plans of keeping it only for a year. ALL vehicles go through heavy depreciation as soon as you drive them off the lot, some moreso than others. But after the first year's big hit things tend to stabilize and drop much more slowly. You numbers here don't sound so bad though (the $4000.. $7000 part- I got around $6000 of my Av as a brand new buyer and that was using only the GMID certificate plus military discount and dealer incentives).
    I dont know anything about hidden incentives or manufacturer to dealer hidden cash. All I can go by is what the dealer tells me is his dealer invoice price. I know that he is not selling me the truck at no profit. How do I find out what is his true net profit on the truck.

By the way... the salesman emailed me to tell me the production week on my truck has moved up a week (may 21st). He also told me that the bed lids are scheduled for production this month. He said no part number or price on the bed lid. He did already quote me the bed lid so if its lower I benifit... if higher I have it in writing.

Does anyone know if on past versions of the bed lids or lockable tailgates if the key flop that unlocks the doors also unlocks the tailgate and/or bed lid???

gregC
    I believe the new trucks are the first with lockable tailgates. And bedlids / covers and their like normally come with their own keys, usually with a different style of lock than takes a standard vehicle key. I'm guessing that the tailgates on the new trucks use the same key as the doors and ignition, but that the lids will be the same as always with their own key / lock. Also, I don't believe the truck's tailgate has a power lock mechanism, so the fob won't open them. The Avalanche (mine for instance) goes the other way, where the tailgate has a power lock operated from the fob along with the rest of the doors, but no actual opening to use the key to manually unlock it.

Previous model Avs were like the new trucks with the manual locks, and lots of folks did mods to get 'power locks' for the tailgate. So if you're into modding, I suppose you might be the first to do that with your new truck. ;)
    Its a good thing I put the "or equivalent" in there or then I would be in big trouble. :)

--jjf

There is no 'LTZ' package on the 06 or 07 Classic trucks. The closest you could go is a fully (or extremely well) loaded LT3. Even then there are many additions to the new trucks that just can't be had on the old body style, so an 07 NBS LTZ will be practically guaranteed to have something that would require 'modding' the old truck (and extra cash out of your pockets after the sale to do so). I could let you slide here because of the 'or equivalent' part of your post though.
  • stariostario Member Posts: 3
    Classic body Style z71, 4 dr, short box
    Sticker price - 52,000.

Paid 44,200 had them install nerf bars, and spray in box liner.

Hidden costs :
    $400.00 document fee, which is just money in their pockets, it doesn't go towards anything.
    $3000.00 In life insurance costs on the loan... which I cancelled the next day and got a private 100k policy for 5 years for only $700.00

about $6000.00 in taxes as I live in British Columbia. and then there was the extra taxes, new battery tax, rubber tax, antifreeze tax and what ever else..

and the interest on the loan, got 1.9% financing...

when i finish paying for the truck, i will have paid back Just under $60,000.00 over 5 years.

Montly payment is just under 1000.00

Go figure.
    Its a good thing I put the "or equivalent" in there or then I would be in big trouble.

--jjf

Okay. I won't slap your hands this time! :P
  • joe29001joe29001 Member Posts: 48
    $3000.00 In life insurance costs on the loan...

???

Why would you buy life insurance on a loan? Who benefits from this - the lender?? Once you're dead, who cares if the loan gets paid? What are they going to do - hurt your credit score? With this policy, you'll still be dead, your credit will be impeccable (that's some relief). On top of that, $3,000 for a $44,200 5-year policy seems obscene (unless you're already 90+ years old). Even $700 even seems high. That's $140/year for a $100,000 5-year term policy. It's better, but still seems high, unless you're a high risk of becoming dead (old/sick/both).
    Yeah in general you are better just to get a $500000 term policy for your family to cover everything (probably for 140/yr if healthy.) If you have no family then you need no insurance unless someone cosigned.

Actually he did pretty good considering the folks who will go the $3000 route. (I put myself thru college on this stuff... Its good stuff.)

--jjf

$3000.00 In life insurance costs on the loan...

???

Why would you buy life insurance on a loan? Who benefits from this - the lender?? Once you're dead, who cares if the loan gets paid? What are they going to do - hurt your credit score? With this policy, you'll still be dead, your credit will be impeccable (that's some relief). On top of that, $3,000 for a $44,200 5-year policy seems obscene (unless you're already 90+ years old). Even $700 even seems high. That's $140/year for a $100,000 5-year term policy. It's better, but still seems high, unless you're a high risk of becoming dead (old/sick/both).
    Ive talked to the dealer and he didnt know... Does anyone know if the lockable tailgate works with the keyflop.

jerrywimer mentioned that I might be the first to make the bed lid work with the keyflop.

Is it possible to tie into the doors auto unlock wires and run them to a actuator on the bed lid??? This will mean that when I press the button to unlock the doors the bed lid should unlock also. I know this sounds simple but Ive tried simple projects like this before and got bitten in the AXX.

Im hopeing that the tailgate works with the keyflop because this will make this project a lot easier.

gregC
    "I just ordered a silverado 1500 extended cab 8' bed LTZ. The dealer gave it to me at dealer invoice... We will also deduct any discounts offered when the truck comes in. (around june 10-15th)

I thought I made a pretty good deal.... Am I wrong????? "

You made a better deal than i'd get today , when i tried
    a different approach (as i want this track really bad) --> GM Supplier cert, to get supplier pricing...well...i'm still drivng my old car. they honored the GMS pricing, which comes to just a bit over "regular" invoice pricing (in my case LTZ, excab, 4x4 with few options MSRP 36600, GMS 34000, invoice 33500), but that was it, they also apply curent incentive (only $1500 , as compared to $1000 cash + $1000 back for a trade-in of a car 1999+)...which made the car around 32500, not a PENNY less ("only" $4k off MSP, total), the salesman did the "let me ask my sales manager" routine...but came back with NOTHING not even a $500 off.... wow....i mean ... i had my checkbook and all ready to pay for the car, so it's not like i wasn't trying to get the car for real... and also, it's not like the dealer was soo busy selling these trucks either --> believe me, saturday early afternoon, i spent about an hour and a half there...and i was the ONLY guy there besides the sales staff for the whole time. I honestly don't get it... hey "10000 off msrp dude" how about i pay you a $1000, and you find me my car for $7k off MSRP?, shouldn't be any problem, since you can get $10k off w/o breaking a sweat.
    Read my message 238 and 231. I got 10k off my 06 in December. The truck of the year thing may have bumped things for while. .

Email 20 chevy dealers around you with your specs last week of the month thru the chevy website with a request for bids. Top 3 color choices etc and your desire to buy before EOM. I wouldn't be surprised if you can approach or exceed 7k now even though the LTZ is a lower supply vehicle. (and you want every bit of it because it probably barely wholesales for 25000 in a year) If you can't get it you're probably better off waiting a month or two for prices to drop, or getting a similar higher volume truck equipped like the LTZ.

Its really rather silly to walk into one dealership at the beginning of the month no less and expect them to drop their pants immediately. Even though you saw nobody around, the sales manager has a better feel for the trend over the last 40 days (he's there you know). If he's got a bunch of folks moving these things off his lot nicely he's likely to give you (and the folks) a mediocre deal.

There may be another chevy dealer 20-70 miles away who has these things gathering dust like boat anchors, or needs to meet a sales target end of month. Don't you think you should find him? You'll like him. He'll be the one (or two) pestering you on your cell out of the 20 solicitations you mailed last week of the month.

And yes, letting your cell phone and email do 90% or the narrowing down work, letting the minorithy of eager beavers come to you, one breaks very little sweat.

Good Luck
    --jjf

You made a better deal than i'd get today , when i tried
    a different approach (as i want this track really bad) --> GM Supplier cert, to get supplier pricing...well...i'm still drivng my old car. they honored the GMS pricing, which comes to just a bit over "regular" invoice pricing (in my case LTZ, excab, 4x4 with few options MSRP 36600, GMS 34000, invoice 33500), but that was it, they also apply curent incentive (only $1500 , as compared to $1000 cash + $1000 back for a trade-in of a car 1999+)...which made the car around 32500, not a PENNY less ("only" $4k off MSP, total), the salesman did the "let me ask my sales manager" routine...but came back with NOTHING not even a $500 off.... wow....i mean ... i had my checkbook and all ready to pay for the car, so it's not like i wasn't trying to get the car for real... and also, it's not like the dealer was soo busy selling these trucks either --> believe me, saturday early afternoon, i spent about an hour and a half there...and i was the ONLY guy there besides the sales staff for the whole time. I honestly don't get it... hey "10000 off msrp dude" how about i pay you a $1000, and you find me my car for $7k off MSRP?, shouldn't be any problem, since you can get $10k off w/o breaking a sweat.
    i'll wait couple more months... i have pretty much contacted all dealers within 1hr drive from me... the response was for lack of a better word lethargic... meanwhile i'm browsing today's paper... and you know what... i see tundras advertised $6k off, ram 1500 quad 4x4 for an amazing $10.5k off (31.5 msrp , priced at $21k!!!), Titan for $7.5k off (32k msrp - on sale for $25.5)...and ZERO deals on silverados... my euphoria for GM is starting to wear off, hehe...
  • mpaschenmpaschen Member Posts: 7
    Deals might be regional also. Looking at my weekend paper one GM dealership offers a paltry $4000 off $27.7k Silverado and the other offers $7500 off $30.5k Silverado. Tundra is advertised as $4000 off $23000 and no ads for 2007 Dodge or Nissan.
    There you go brother. The dealers milked the new Tundras and the bump in demand (euphoria) since their intro for a few months for MSRP or $2500 off deals. Now things are getting back to normal for it and the 20mpg segment in general. 7k or so off has been normal for Titan since soon after its intro, so it is not on sale. Ford has good deals also.

If you find a 1yr old ram 1500 wholesales for 17k you know the 21k isn't that amazing of a deal. Turn your euphoria on in August for the Chev. Things will probably be back to normal by then for it in your area too. You want about 10k off a 36000 truck.

Rotsa Ruck
    --jjf

i'll wait couple more months... i have pretty much contacted all dealers within 1hr drive from me... the response was for lack of a better word lethargic... meanwhile i'm browsing today's paper... and you know what... i see tundras advertised $6k off, ram 1500 quad 4x4 for an amazing $10.5k off (31.5 msrp , priced at $21k!!!), Titan for $7.5k off (32k msrp - on sale for $25.5)...and ZERO deals on silverados... my euphoria for GM is starting to wear off, hehe...
  • bottomdumpbottomdump Member Posts: 7
    i was wondering how you got gm credit card bonuses i have a card through them do i just call and ask
    i was wondering about the instant value coupons for trucks that have been on the lot for more than 120 days do you just ask for them
    also if you dont want onstar and xm cant you just have them take it off because why pay for something you dont need
  • 1offroader1offroader Member Posts: 208
    OnStar comes standard on nearly all, or all, GM vehicles. It is a 1 year subscription included in the price. After the 1 year is up you don't have to renew, but the equipment is still in the vehicle.

XM radio is also a monthly subscription, you don't have to buy it. But if the vehicle is equipped with the special XM radio the dealer is going to charge you for it. They can't just take it out - it's in the dash.

1offroader
    thanks i was just wondering and trying to save 800
  • truck123truck123 Member Posts: 1
    I hear that GM is coming out with sweet discounts this Thursday on the Silverado. The sales person actually told me that I would be better off to wait and buy on Thursday. Has anyone else heard anything? I get GMS pricing, but I'm looking for a bigger savings than the $1500 rebate. I have an alpaca farm and need the 2500 for trailering animals.
  • sj528sj528 Member Posts: 1
    For the North-Central Region gm.com shows both 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton new body style Silverado rebates at $1500 since May 10th. But one local dealer has a $2500 rebate advertised on a new style 1/2 ton. I think this may be the "aged stock" bonus for inventory over a certain number of days since delivery.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled later in the week, I would like to get a new style Silverado work truck.