Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• skipnsbskipnsb Member Posts: 12
    I haven't gotten far in central florida on getting much lower than the edmunds invoice and some rebate..About 5k off a 32k unit. They all want me to come in to finalize the deal, saying they won't be undersold.

So do I just make an appointment and go in and after telling some jokes make an offer of 10k off msrp?

Thanks, Skip
  • rachelsolesrachelsoles Member Posts: 1
    A previous poster asked this question and I don't think it has been answered, so I wanted to ask again, is GMS pricing (employee) the best possible price? I ask because my dad (the GM employee) has always been under the impression that it was, but in the past when I have car-shopped, the price hasn't seemed very impressive, but I've never seen evidence that you could get a car for cheaper. What do you think? I bargained pretty effectively (I think) for my Honda Accord so I am willing to bargain if it will get me a better price, but if I'm wasting my time, I'd like to know that and save the hassle. Thanks in advance!
  • halofanhalofan Member Posts: 37
    Well I just picked up my 08 Silverado 4x4 crew LTZ this weekend. It was stickered at $39445. I got it for $35429 + fees and the 1.9 financing. This price was $300 over GMS according to the invoice. I found most dealers I shopped were reluctant to show me the GMS price, but I felt that $300 over it was a good deal as this still put it about $1000 (give or take) below dealer invoice. I've read in here where people get 6-7 thousand off sticker, that wasn't going to happen here in So. Cal. In essence, I saved about $7500 with the finance savings. I'm happy, and I got the truck I wanted. My price was much better than what Edmunds said the truck would cost TMV. So to answer your question, if you can get the GMS price, take it, then get the 1.9 and your in good shape.
  • ljl64ljl64 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a used ('01-'05) Silverado 1500, extended cab, under 70K miles, hopefully for around $15K. I rarely will load the truck to capacity, and tow a small trailer ocassionally. I drive mostly flat terrain in NJ, no off road. Is the 2WD and or V6 under powered for this full size truck? Is the 4WD recommended? LT vs LS?

Thanks,
    Jack
  • trumanmtrumanm Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a 2008 Chevy LTZ Crew Cab. I really want the navigation option but the 2000 extra is hard to swallow. If anyone has any experience with the navigation and would like to advise me, I would appreciate it. I have a nice windshield unit but think the built in would be nice and wonder if the XM features on the screen is that much of a plus.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    The 07 extended chevy or dodge ram 1500 crew cab MSRP around 27-$30000 sold for most of the year around 19000 -$20000. With the 100000 mile chev and lifetime dodge powertrain warranties, you may want to look into a new 08. I'm not sure either of these are even offered with a V6. Doesn't seem like a good idea with a 4500 lb vehicle, especially hauling anything. 12000 or so off MSRP or so is an average deal on a RAM a few months into the year.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm looking for a used ('01-'05) Silverado 1500, extended cab, under 70K miles, hopefully for around $15K. I rarely will load the truck to capacity, and tow a small trailer ocassionally. I drive mostly flat terrain in NJ, no off road. Is the 2WD and or V6 under powered for this full size truck? Is the 4WD recommended? LT vs LS?

Thanks,
    Jack
    Check out my message 556 on the mazda5 prices paid section opinion on Xmradio factory installed.

Good luck
    --jjf
    The 07 extended chevy or dodge ram 1500 crew cab MSRP around 27-$30000 sold for most of the year around 19000 -$20000. With the 100000 mile chev and lifetime dodge powertrain warranties, you may want to look into a new 08. I'm not sure either of these are even offered with a V6. Doesn't seem like a good idea with a 4500 lb vehicle, especially hauling anything. 12000 or so off MSRP or so is an average deal on a RAM a few months into the year.

Good luck
    --jjf

Thanks,
    Jack
  • nebraskabuyernebraskabuyer Member Posts: 3
    I narrowed down to one dealer who would deal.
    to one truck that I'd be happy with.
    A white 2007 silverado crew cab 4x4 work truck
    With LS package up grades like carpet.
    Down side - it has crank windows
    and has no trany cooler for towing
    MSRP: $31,300
    Edmunds invoice: $28,614
    I offered $20,000...& was turned down flat...

Dealers price $28,889
    Less the rebates (late November) ($2000)
    $26,889

Same truck a little later
    Less the rebates ( in early December) ($3000)
    $25,889

Same truck even later
    Less the rebates (Last week in December)($4000)
    $24,889

So my repeated efforts to purchase @ $20,000 have been refused.

Think the January GM rebate on a 2007 silverado
    will go up to $5,000 ????

The dealerships answer to selling this truck???
    Raise the msrp $1,195 by
    Tinting the back windows with limo dark tint (+299)
    and up grading to 5 spoke factory style aluminum wheels (+895)
    We all know raising the price makes it more affordable right????

And this is the most reasonable dealship in the area.
    The others are even worse.
    All this bull about non negotiable documentation fees...
    Who are they trying to kid...
    This is just another way to say I want $249 more of your money...

Is it any wonder why Chevrolet still has 2007 models sitting on their
    lots after new years day????

I would still buy this truck today for $20,000
    Do you think they would change their minds now that it is January 2008???

I doubt it.
    It is rather silly to get upset if a dealer won't take your offer. You've kind of cornered yourself into one dealer (out of 30 chevy within 100mi?) with the scattered 07 remnants. Dealers can be good at working the last few 07 leftovers, specifically to those looking for a leftover (thinking they can get a better price). especially with tax time coming. They know their area much better than you do. I would give him 17000 for it right now. That doesn't mean anything.

A very good deal on that would be around 22000-23000 or so. (with the extra stuff) See if you can get it into that range. If he's betting he can sell it to some leftover dope in the next 50 days for 26000 or so just get 20 or 30 bids end of month on the 08's spec'ed closer to what you want and see how the prices fall. Tax time can be difficult because every moron in the world has cash and the salmon are running for a few months.

Good luck
    --jjf

narrowed down to one dealer who would deal.
    to one truck that I'd be happy with.
    A white 2007 silverado crew cab 4x4 work truck
    With LS package up grades like carpet.
    Down side - it has crank windows
    and has no trany cooler for towing
    MSRP: $31,300
    Edmunds invoice: $28,614
    I offered $20,000...& was turned down flat...

Dealers price $28,889
    Less the rebates (late November) ($2000)
    $26,889

Same truck a little later
    Less the rebates ( in early December) ($3000)
    $25,889

Same truck even later
    Less the rebates (Last week in December)($4000)
    $24,889

So my repeated efforts to purchase $20,000 have been refused.

Think the January GM rebate on a 2007 silverado
    will go up to $5,000 ????

The dealerships answer to selling this truck???
    Raise the msrp $1,195 by
    Tinting the back windows with limo dark tint (+299)
    and up grading to 5 spoke factory style aluminum wheels (+895)
    We all know raising the price makes it more affordable right????

And this is the most reasonable dealship in the area.
    The others are even worse.
    All this bull about non negotiable documentation fees...
    Who are they trying to kid...
    This is just another way to say I want $249 more of your money...

Is it any wonder why Chevrolet still has 2007 models sitting on their
    lots after new years day????

I would still buy this truck today for $20,000
    Do you think they would change their minds now that it is January 2008???
    I doubt it.
    Not upset.
    I read some where in this post that you should be able
    to purchase a 2007 silverado for $10,000 off the MSRP.

I just wanted to post that this is not the case in this area.
    Not one dealership in our area would come close to $10,000 off the MSRP.
    This advice may work where you live, but not here where I live.

Chevrolet dealers here think that each vehicle is made of gold.
    And you should pay the market price. period.
    They act like they are doing you a huge favor to give you a GM rebate.
    What you want more???? Hit the door ya bum.

I started with 15 local area dealers.( With-in 100 miles)
    This was the most reasonable deal at the end of a long exhausting search.

Don't need the truck.
    Just wanted another toy.
    Only have 2 licensed drivers here. (Soon to be a third)
    Currently own 3 Camaros, 1 S-10 Blazer & 1 Caravan.

I can & will just wait to see what next year brings but I ain't hold'n my breath
    For $10,000 off MSRP
  • ja_lopezjrja_lopezjr Member Posts: 4
    Just so you know nebraska, the people saving 10k off of MSRP are the ones that are buy the fully loaded LTZ or upper LT's. The more options the vehicle has, the more profit that is in the vehicle. You are buying a BASE LS with very little PROFIT, how do you expect the dealership to pull this off? How much money do you expect them to lose, to earn you business?
    I beg to differ.
    It was previously stated here that you should expect at least $10,000 off
    any 2007 silverado with a MSRP over $30,000.

Infact if you go up to posting # 371 jfritsch said:
    "A very good deal on that would be around 22000-23000 or so. (with the extra stuff) See if you can get it into that range."

The original MSRP of the 2007 silverado crew cab I was
    talking about was $31,300

The adjusted MSRP as of a few days ago was $32,494.
    (They added limo tint & 5 spoke factory aluminum wheels.)
    So the $22,000 to $23,000 range jfritsch is talking about
    is still this fabled $10,000 off MSRP

Granted $20,000 was a lower offer.
    $1,300 lower than $10,000 off we are talking about,
    but asking $26,889 is also a far cry from $10,000 off the MSRP.
    That is more like $4,411 off MSRP & this included all rebates etc.

I was willing to go up but the all the dealers were stuck
    @ Edmunds invoice + $275 + what ever BS they could think to add on
    to jack up the price and then they'd offer you the rebate.

I just don't see this magic MSRP - $10,000 deal happening
    anytime soon unless there is a large jump in the GM rebates.
    A very good deal would be 9000-10000 off msrp. What you should expect when clearing out the 07s (aug-november) would be 7000-10000 off. Depending on how flexible you are with options and how hard up the dealer is. If inventories of 07s are manageable, they can take their time.

Happy drivin
    -jjf

I beg to differ.

"A very good deal on that would be around 22000-23000 or so. (with the extra stuff) See if you can get it into that range."
    Good luck now, GM just lowered the rebates this month. If someone gets the ad car and it is 10k off, don't expect another dealership to honor that price. Loss leader ads are just that, they lose the dealership money, hoping you will want another color or more options, and that more people coming looking for that car that is now sold and buy something else. People are also counting what they are saving in interest as the magic $10k off. Okay, makes sense but that is why people almost always op for the 0%. Interest on a 30k vehicle can very easy be upwards of 5-7k so you save lets say 7k in interest due to 0% and another 2-3k in profit the dealer has and now you are at the 9-10k mark. The dealer would love to have 7-10k in profit, but guess what, they don't.

You want huge rebates? Then all of use that have already bought a Chevy or are going to buy a Chevy should be unhappy due to the huge rebates ruining our resale or trade-in value. Go try and trade in a dodge that have 5-10k in rebates ALL the time and see what they are worth.

Bottom line if you want to save the most money look for an ad unit, and hope it has everything you want, which it probably won't. You can't have your cake and eat it to, so to say. Either pay more or settle, whatever makes you happy, but don't expect the impossible.

Rant off thanks
  • jscanjscan Member Posts: 2
    It is cheaper to buy a Garmin Nuvi 350 GPS for about 300+/- than to have the GM mounted Nav. system. When you sell your vehicle you cannot take the mounted one with you. And also the portable Garmin can be used in any vehicle. Save the $ and use it somewhere else.
    Obviously, 5k off msrp with 0% financing is about a 10000 off msrp deal. (if your credit isn't perfect.)

--jjf

A very good deal would be 9000-10000 off msrp. What you should expect when clearing out the 07s (aug-november) would be 7000-10000 off. Depending on how flexible you are with options and how hard up the dealer is. If inventories of 07s are manageable, they can take their time.

Happy drivin
    -jjf

I beg to differ.

• sinjineersinjineer Member Posts: 2
    So I'm looking at a 2008 2500hd with the diesel, ltz package (need the comfy chair) and all the tow stuff. MSRP is about $50,500. Dealer offer is $44,000. I will probably be paying cash. Is this ok?

I hate buying cars. ;(
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    You could probably get a better deal if you were to have them finance it.
    The dealership makes money on the finance rate.
    You should be able to get them down below 42k for that truck.
    what area do you live in?
  • sinjineersinjineer Member Posts: 2
    The midwest, st louis area.
    if the truck retails for 50,500 then you sould be able to get it for 41,900 with the $4250 in rebate that is available right now. (in socal)
  • goblue16goblue16 Member Posts: 1
    I stumbled into this converstion and thought I would add my 2 cents. I just bought a 2008 Sierra with $4500 in rebates and the friends and family discount of $2300. I got $6800 off a MSRP of about $32,700. I intended to purchased a nearly new truck, but found with the $6800 discounts, I was hovering near the prices of 2006 and 2007 with miles on them or at last withing $1500 or so. One of the rebates ends today and another rended yesterday. I found when you get friends and family or employee discounts, they will not deal with you. They won't even install mudflaps for you. Maybe you will get lucky and find a dealer that will negotiate. My dealer was Prestige in beautiful Ypsilanti, Michigan.
  • asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    Local dealer has a 2008 Silverado ext cab, Msrp $28500 on a 39 lease for 279 a month. $1600 due at lease inception and a buy out of $17200. How do you calculate what they are selling the truck for?
  • bsw179bsw179 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to order a 2500 hd LT2 gas 4x4 Z71.

Order MSRP will be around $42000
    Invoice will be around $38200
    I think I can get $500 below that ($37700) minus the rebates bringing the price down to around $33700
    Should I shoot for more below the invoice before I take off the rebates?
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    As I posted earlier we just bought a new Silverado LT1 and love it.

Now, where can I buy the LTZ fine mesh grilled inserts to plug into my LT1?"
  • notracinnotracin Member Posts: 8
    looking at leftover 2007 2500hd Lt1 package msrp. 44,300.00. how much do you think i can talk the dealer down .i live in the southeast.
    Rebates are about $4000 on the 07's. With the MSRP I imagine it's a fully loaded 6.0 or a less equipped W/T with diesel. Either way invoice would be about $4000 below the MSRP, holdback would be $1300. So all together you figure around $10000 off sticker. Only problem would be if you roll cars frequently. An 07 gets $4000 in rebates where th 08 gets $3000. Point is the resale value is alot more than that $1000. If the dealer really wants to move the truck, there might be some wiggle room.
  • darkbludarkblu Member Posts: 5
    Being that we're in the first wave of good incentives for 2008 as of President's Day, maybe someone has some good ideas on how much you can get off MSRP straight up. I'm looking to buy at the absolute latest around Memorial Day from which some good incentives may come out at that time.

I'm looking at a 2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT1 Z71 with an MSRP $34125. I saw a local commercial last night advertising 2008 Silverados $7000 off MSRP. Is this a reasonable no strings attached offer for this time of year? I mean they aren't possibly tying in your trade in and/or cash down are they? Is $7000 straight up off of MSRP a reasonable straight up sales price? Also can you still get the low interest offers by GM if you take the full $7000? I live in a Mississippi Metro area and am willing to travel to Dallas, Memphis, New Orleans, Birmingham to find the best deal. Another question how hard is it to get a dealer willing to find you your exact truck?

If anybody out there has had a great experience on 2008 buying on Silverados, your input is most appreciated.
    Well there is a $3000 rebate on that truck, so the dealer discount is $4000 on a $34125 truck. That's over 10%. Good discount. Just make sure they aren't adding, GM Card dicounts or military rebates. Surprised the rebates haven't gone up. Dodge is at $6000 and Ford is at $4750. GM still at $3000
    Rebates are about $4000 on the 07's. With the MSRP I imagine it's a fully loaded 6.0 or a less equipped W/T with diesel. Either way invoice would be about $4000 below the MSRP, holdback would be $1300. So all together you figure around $10000 off sticker. Only problem would be if you roll cars frequently. An 07 gets $4000 in rebates where th 08 gets $3000. Point is the resale value is alot more than that $1000. If the dealer really wants to move the truck, there might be some wiggle room.
    Bank manager said book was 33,500.00 on the 2007, oh yea its got a 6.6 diesel. thinking about offer 35,800.00 out the door. or walk.
    Does this leftover qualify as a new car? If so, you get all the rebates, but resale takes a hit. On the used market that truck is worth about $30000. I would be firm on $34000. You could get an 08 for about $36-37000. If you're going to hold on to the truck got with the 07, otherwise shop for an 08.
    Does this leftover qualify as a new car? If so, you get all the rebates, but resale takes a hit. On the used market that truck is worth about $30000. I would be firm on $34000. You could get an 08 for about $36-37000. If you're going to hold on to the truck got with the 07, otherwise shop for an 08.

I'l let you know in a few hours. 34000.00 out the door. or walk. oh yea the dealership its new, my bank its used.
    MSRP 44384.00. out the door tax title fees 33916.00 great deal. but had to walk sale manager chaseed me down . glad its over.
    Notracin, $10500 off MSRP is a great deal. Don't talk to the haters and just rest assured it's a good deal. One suggestion. If you like the GM products. Consider the GM card. I have the classic card and earn 5% on my charges. I then wait till they raise the allowances to 3500 and cash out.
    Is your truck and LT1 or LT2?

I've been looking for an 07 or 08 with the sliding rear window. Very few out there. Oh well

Enjoy the truck.
  • dannynoonandannynoonan Member Posts: 5
    2008 GMC Sierra.
    Crew Cab
    4 x 4
    Sle1
    Sle1 Preferred Package
    Z71 Off Road Package
    Power Pack Plus Package
    Dr 6-way Power Seat
    17" 265 Off Road Tires
    3.73 Rear Axle
    EZ lift Tailgate

MSRP 35,755

28,500 Plus Tax Out the Door.

Quite a fight at the dealership. They "Forgot" 1,000 of the factory rebate and tried to add 300 in "Doc" fees. He played very upset that he was "losing" 400 on the sale.

I felt like I did OK. Let me know if that isn't the case.
    According to internet pricing, the invoice should be around $32500. $3000 in rebates knock it down to $29500. Your pricing is $1000 under invoice. Excellent, I would jump on it. Where is the dealer located?
    A used 07 probably wholesales for around 23-24000 with 15000 miles on it (the big trucks wholesale about 12k off msrp 1st year) so you did pretty good. (you are within 20% of wholesale)

Cheers
    --jjf

2008 GMC Sierra.
    Crew Cab
    4 x 4
    Sle1
    Sle1 Preferred Package
    Z71 Off Road Package
    Power Pack Plus Package
    Dr 6-way Power Seat
    17" 265 Off Road Tires
    3.73 Rear Axle
    EZ lift Tailgate

MSRP 35,755

28,500 Plus Tax Out the Door.
    I'm in boise idaho. I actually had a couple chevy dealers at the same price. I just wanted the gmc for looks.
  • nwpilotnwpilot Member Posts: 15
    Nice deal! Was Dennis Dillon the dealer? I'm in Boise also.
  • finfoolfinfool Member Posts: 2
    2008 Silverado 1500 2WD Crew LTZ

MSRP: $37,735.00
    Dealer produced a paper stating invoice at: $33,356.50
    Destination Charge $1104.30
    LAM Dealer Contribution $368.10
    LAM Group Contribution $368.10
    For a total invoice price of $35,197.00

They are willing to let it go at $400 over invoice for a total of 35,597
    Take out for the $2000 in current rebates the sale price dops to $33,597 less Tax, Title and Tags.
    $4000 off msrp is not a deal by any stretch of the imagination, unless your credit is completely shot. If you look up an '07 of your vehicle, with average miles on kbb.com and edmunds, it probably barely wholesales for $27000. Folks are getting 7000-8000+ off these vehicles, and have for the last few years. Gas is hi and the economy is flat.

Good luck
    --jjf

MSRP: $37,735.00
    Dealer produced a paper stating invoice at: $33,356.50
    Destination Charge $1104.30
    LAM Dealer Contribution $368.10
    LAM Group Contribution $368.10
    For a total invoice price of $35,197.00

They are willing to let it go at $400 over invoice for a total of 35,597
    Take out for the $2000 in current rebates the sale price dops to $33,597 less Tax, Title and Tags.
    I agree with Finfool. I think a good price would be $33-34000 with the rebates bringing you down to $31-32000. This could be better if the rebates jump up. Dodge is at $6000, Ford is at $4-5000 and Gm is still at $2000. I guess they anticipate the American axle strike will effect the inventory in a month or so and are willing to wait it out. I bought a 06 silverado last year in mid Feb and got a $5000 rebate. With the price of gas and the current econimic forecast, you would think they would be more agressive in sales. Only explanation I can see is an anticipated inventory reduction caused by the axle company strike. I'm itching for a new body truck, but will wait for better incentives.
  • finfoolfinfool Member Posts: 2
    Well I got the 1500 LTZ down to 34900 and they are gonna throw in a bedliner. With it all said and done 34305 out the door Tax, Title, and Tags -2k rebate.
  • chevylt1chevylt1 Member Posts: 1
    What are you guys getting on APR for these trucks? I just bought a Silverado Z71 Crew LT1 package with 3500 off MSRP and 0% APR for 60 months.
  • trousermousetrousermouse Member Posts: 7
    I’m in the process of buying a new Silverado 1500 LTZ. The dealer has a few 07’s on the lot and I’m thinking about making an offer. The one I want, MSRP is $41,505. It was built in November of 2006 and has 143 miles on it. It looks like it was transferred to the dealership from another dealership because the invoice and sticker lists another dealer about 50 miles away. They tell me there are no Factory to Dealer incentives but I think that is BS on the 2007 year models. Edmunds says they are up to $3000. Add that to the Factory to Consumer rebates and I should be looking at $6000 in rebates providing the dealer is willing to give me all of their incentive. This dealer (Austin, TX) is the only one who still has 07’s on the lot. I guess that should tell me a lot on how they won’t make any good deals on the older models. Anyway, anyone know what a good price on a 1 ½ year old new truck would be?
    Look up the wholesale price outstanding condition on kbb.com and nada.com on a used 07 model of the one you want with 200 miles on it. Add about 1000-2000 to that price. I'm assuming that puts you around a 30000 target price. Make sure you get bids from 10 or so dealers via email end of month on the much more numerous 08s for a comparison. With the economy flat and gas what it is you may be able to get a 9000 off deal on a similar 08 truck now or soon.

Good luck
    --jjf

I’m in the process of buying a new Silverado 1500 LTZ. The dealer has a few 07’s on the lot and I’m thinking about making an offer. The one I want, MSRP is $41,505. It was built in November of 2006 and has 143 miles on it. It looks like it was transferred to the dealership from another dealership because the invoice and sticker lists another dealer about 50 miles away. They tell me there are no Factory to Dealer incentives but I think that is BS on the 2007 year models. Edmunds says they are up to $3000. Add that to the Factory to Consumer rebates and I should be looking at $6000 in rebates providing the dealer is willing to give me all of their incentive. This dealer (Austin, TX) is the only one who still has 07’s on the lot. I guess that should tell me a lot on how they won’t make any good deals on the older models. Anyway, anyone know what a good price on a 1 ½ year old new truck would be?
    Where are you getting the information on the manuf. to dealer incentive? The only thing I find is the $3000 Manuf. to consumer $3000 rebate. They haven't even raised the GMcards incentives from $1500. I have my eye on a 2007 LT1 with MSRP around $33500. Dealer said he could discount $6000, which would be $3000 rebate and $3000 dealer discount. Doesn't seem to be very aggreassive discounting for a yerar old truck.
    Yes it was Dennis Dillon. They were horrible to work with though. Tried to add 1300 dollars to our agreed upon price and were really rude when I called [non-permissible content removed]. My brother in law had the same experiance. Worked out his price over the phone and sent his wife in to pick it up. They raised the price by 1800. He told her to turn the car around and bought elsewhere. If I were doing it over I would go to chevrolet of caldwell or peterson in boise. Both were great on price. The only catch is you have to like the chevrolet body style. I don't.
    Now take that deal and shop it to 10 other dealers. When I did that about three aggressively followed up. They would say "are you coming in to buy the truck?". I would respond "No, another dealer beat you on price." They would then go lower. Eventually they will stop going lower and you got you price. Have them send you an email with the price and stock # of the truck so there is no "confusion" when you get there. According to edmunds I paid 1000 under invoice. I had three dealers willing to go 1000 or more under invoice. It was 7,255 off msrp.