Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda B Series

Comments

• My 2000 Mazda PU model B2500 heater does not work. Last year it was intermittent in that I could leave the heater switch on and restart the engine and it would sometimes work, but no longer. Mazda wants $91 just for an analysis. Does any one have a repair manual they would like to sell or perhaps would be willing to fax the heater diagram/wiring. I took the dash apart but I could not find the problem - the switches all seemed to work. It's getting real cold here in upstate NY so any help or information would be much appreciated. By the way I could not find a repair manual to purchase - supposedly one will be available in January.

Thanks
    russellbedinotti@verizon.net
  • HI I have a 94 B2300 and I think I have the same problem. I was wondering if you have got yours fixed or figured out what is wrong with it?
  • ck16ck16 Posts: 1
    I am just new to the site and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some Rims and Rubber used or new for a 2004 B3ooo. Hopefully not to costly as it's just for winter.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks. :D
    Ck16
  • jbrazjbraz Posts: 7
    It took a long time, but I found out the light is built into the switch and the only way to fix it is to replace the switch. Also, not all replacement switches are lighted.
  • lodn31
    have any luck, fixing your problem?
    i've got a 98 with no heat. doesn't seem to be getting any vacuum to the mix door...but not sure yet what that means, switch or leak ?????
    let me know if you find out anything and i'll do the same.
  • Would only sell to the right buyer. Nicest example of a mint Mazda you've ever seen. If it isn't in someone else's driveway by July 2007 then I'll be looking to collect 1.engine and transmission, 2. sheet metal, 3. A/C components, 4. electrical. No restoration needed. Please don't force me to keep it. I'd expect the buyer to lift it, drop it or show it. It's that nice.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    We have quite a few used-vehicle discussions in our Smart Shopper Board. Give them a look and you should get some ideas.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • mazda101mazda101 Posts: 1
    I own a 1999 Mazda B2500 with 50,000 miles on it. When I first purchased it at 43,000 it had not been tuned up so it ran fairly well but wasn't really getting great mileage; i.e. 18 to 20 mpg which amounts to 270 to 300 miles per tank at 15 gallons. I then installed a K&N cool air system and filter;
    ( http://www.knfilters.com/feedback13.htm ),(buy one off of ebay, I did and got a great deal), (also improves horse power and torque); The mileage improved from 20 to 21 mpg which amounts to 300 to 315 miles per tank. I then changed the plugs to Bosch platinum II; the mileage improved an additional 22 to 24 mpg which amounts to 340 to 360 miles per tank. But, I found out that I still need to adjust the valves that may be holding it back. Finally, I found a website about a Toyota t100 that was modified via aerodynamically; mileage improved as much as 30mpg using an aluminum pan under the chassis. Other companies like Porsche and Honda use this technique to improve performance and mileage, I think i will do the same: ( http://www.recumbents.com/car_aerodynamics/#Measuring your mileage ) (Check out this site too: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ ) They say 70% of a cars mileage is based on aerodynamics so, if you can improve your driving habits by following the suggestions from the websites I have listed here plus changing the aerodynamics should improve mileage.
  • I would like to know if a KLZE 2.5L mazda mx-6 motor will bolt on a 2600 B-series truck transmission.If anybody knows if it will please let me know? :confuse:
  • Saw some florescuent yellow fluid under truck while washing rear tire well the other day. Any suggestions as to what it could be. No spot found on driveway. :confuse:
  • I have a 1993 B2200 truck and I'm not sure if my original carb is bad. The truck runs good for short trips, but if you run for more than 6 miles or 20 minutes they start failing like a clog carb. In that point and don't know what to do. The external gas filter looks good, but I don't know if the filter inside the tank are clogged or maybe can be an electric problem. anybody can you give me any hint about that?

Thank You!
  • I have a 1997 B2300 with the 5 speed and I have over 300,000 miles and it has been to Calif, once and to NY twice from Fl. The only things that I have had to do to it is replace the clutch once, the water pump and the timinig belt. I only replaced the timming belt due to the age and the fact that I was going to Calif. with it. It has to be the best vehical I have ever owned and at the age of 51, I have a lot of cars and trucks. :)
  • I have a 2004 mazda b2300 2.3l 2 weel drive with some damage to the LH fender and have been trying to find a replacement part for awhile now. I was wondering if anyone would know if a 2004 mazda b2300 2.3l 4wd is the same as the 2wd and where i might be able to find one for the best price?

Thank you
  • chas15chas15 Posts: 2
    Am retired so picked up a small pickup three years ago and put new brakes,tires,shocks,gas tank and thought that was it.Just wanted some thing big enough to pull my small camper.It started to smoke some on startup and figured valve seals were leaking and needed a new timing belt anyways so decided to get a longblock rebuild,,they called and said my clutch was not all that great so said put a new one in.Four thousand dollars later I'm starting the break in period.From all I've read about the 91 it's a great little truck and it does pull my camper just fine.Got to do a little rust fixing but that's OK and it should last a good while.Amazing how much you can put into an older truck to get it into shape.Then again maybe I went to far..Wonder if any others have have done similar with theirs.
    Chas
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 522
    I had a 92 REAL Mazda pick-up and was very pleased. Traded it in on a 97 B2300, which is a FORD Ranger. Since warranty, have had it in shop four times for Check Engine. Each time, it cost between $100-200 except last week when it cost $350 to replace the spark plugs and wiring.
    Has 85,000 miles on it and three months ago, it died due to a failed fuel pump. Cost $350 to replace that. Now the gas gauge has died and the rubber tube for the gas filler is cracked. That's $450 for the tube replacement and $200 for the fuel gauge. Talked to two Ford (Mazda) dealers and one independent. All three stated replacing the fuel pump would not have caused the gauge or tube to break - "old age" did it.
    Sell it before you get 50,000 miles on it.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Hey, my 88 Ranger has 175,000 miles on it, new radiator, clutch, and that's it. Never had a check engine light yet. The Ranger has been compared for years to the Tacoma for reliability. One bad B2300, B3000 or B4000 does not a bad series make. Mine is the 4.0L by the way.
  • chas15chas15 Posts: 2
    On my 91 Mazda it looked like my gas tank was leaking so had them put a new one in,,but it wasn't the gas tank it was a rusted filler tube.They had to go to an auto wrecker to get a replacment,,and my gas gauge doen't work right so make sure I refill every 300 KLM.Still haven't got the 500 KLM put on the new motor before it's due for an oil change but it's close.When driving can feel the tightness of the new motor and clutch and it feels very nice.Will be fixing the few rust spots on the door soon as the warmer weather gets here.Am looking for an after market checkered rear bumper for it but it's next to imposible to find here in the Vancouver area.Even though it cost a bundle to get it up to snuff,,I'm glad I had the work done,,it's a great little truck.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    I may purchase one of these with automatic. Any comments from owners on likes or dislikes on this model?
  • itoyotaitoyota Posts: 2
    I fixed! My gas tank was contaminated with rust. I pull out the tank and cleaned insided take all the rust put a new gas filter and new gas. Now is running better than ever. Easy fix!
  • ron03ron03 Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have a 2000 Mazda B3000 truck and the gas flap says that it may be able to use ethanol(E85) fuel, but that I should look at the users manual for details. The users manual says that some models are Flex Fuel Vehicles (FFV). Does anybody know how I can tell for sure if my truck is a FFV. Thank you.
  • I have a 88 B2200. I am live in virginia where we have a state inspection, but i already have one for this year. I am tryin to get as much stuff off of the motor like the a/c compressor,finder wells, and pretty much everything i can get rid of to lose weight. I have taken the crazy stuff that is attached to the air cleaner and put a 4" chrome filter on . I am really tryin to get rid of some of the vacuum lines b/c honestly it looks like spaghetti. If anyone knows which vacuum lines that really aren't necessary for the truck to still run ok. The truck is going to be used for drifting. On a track not the street Im crazy not retarded. But seriously if anyone can help me it would be great. Thanks for your time. TRUCKDRIFTER
  • As far as i know all vehicles that run off of ethanol have a tree leaf emblem on the front fenders. Also if you call a parts store and ask them for a fuel filter and they would be able to tell you which VIN digit tells you if it does. I hope this works for you GOOD LUCK TRUCKDRIFTER
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    If the Gas Flap says you can, you can. That is exactly where they put the minimum octane requirement information for you. Fill with confidence and put that corn oil in there!
  • par6par6 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000...B2500...pickup....short bed...

I'm looking for some tailgate hardware..EX:...support cable..latches and latch bolts, etc;

Is there a web site where I can go too?...much appreciated if anyone can help.

Thanks....Ken
  • pnotechpnotech Posts: 1
    I have an '82 Mazda diesel pickup and need a wiring diagram for the engine, or a picture of the wiring around the starter. I replaced the starter, and must not have labeled the wires I removed very well because now I don't seem to be getting any fuel to the injectors. These have an electric fuel cutoff, right? The only manual I can find is a book-sized Chilton, and they haven't been very helpful in the past. Any input would be appreciated!
  • boyceboyce Bossier City, La.Posts: 48
    Since Ford is canceling the Ranger, does that mean that Mazda will no longer sell a pickup in the US?

2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive 6spd. auto 2008 Mazda Tribute S 4spd auto.

• moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Ford extended the Ranger to 2011. New Ranger will be introduced at that time. It will the global design Ranger and not unique to US/Canada.
    Mazda has no plans at this time to sell the new version. The compact truck market will have to significantly improve for Mazda to consider a truck offering.
  • boyceboyce Bossier City, La.Posts: 48
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear there will be no Mazda version. Have a good relationship with local Mazda dealer but not so good with the 2 local Ford dealers. Thanks again, Bud

2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive 6spd. auto 2008 Mazda Tribute S 4spd auto.

• Have new 2008 Ford Ranger 4cyl Turbo Diesel, 4x4, four door Crew Cab. Was built in Thailand at the Ford/Mazda Plant. Was told it was built on the Mazda B 4000 truck frame. I'm trying to find a Bull Bar to fit the front. IT is a Ford Ranger on a Mazda Frame. Not Soled in the U.S. Con anyone help me out? The Lone Ranger 2
  • My 2008 Ford Ranger may just be that NEW 2011 Design. 4cyl TURbo DIESEL!! Four Door Crew Cab with slightly longer bed. Ya'll can look it up on Ford/MazdaThailand 2008 The lone Ranger 2