Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Dodge Ram - II

Comments

• shanethismshanethism Member Posts: 11
    I went to my friendly neighborhood Dodge dealer in Melbourne FL. today to order a 2000, 2500 QC 4x4 longbed sport and trade my Chevy. All was going well and got just about what I wanted for my trade had them start crunching the numbers. When I returned to finish the deal he said there was a couple issues about ordering the truck. He said that if he went ahead and ordered the truck, he wasn't sure if it would be a 2000 or 2001, and he had no pricing information for the 2001. As a result, he couldn't give me any definite numbers on the cost and what my payments would be since he couldn't know for sure which model year I would receive.
    Now I know what the cost should be for the 2000 and am willing to pay this, but the dealer doesn't even want to place my order because I told him if the increase in price was too much(which neither of us knows what that increase will be)it might kill the deal.
    I was ready to sign the dotted line and they basically told me that we would have to wait till the 2001's arrived.(How long could this be?)
    Does this sound rediculous to anyone else? The reason I'm mostly upset is this dealer is giving me the most for my trade thus far. Any suggestions on what to do and any info on the 2001's, and possible price increases?
    Thanx
    - Shane
  • bmckenziebmckenzie Member Posts: 118
    All4rocks,
    I have not heard of any problems like that with brakes, I do not have 10,000 on my Y2K ram Cummins
    Sport yet, everyone I know with Rams does not have that problem, mostly problems with the old Getrag 5 spd tranny (to small).
    Shane,
    Is it really that hard to get 2500 & 3500 Rams in other parts of the country? My Sport was on the lot with two other Diesels when I bought it, the next town over had a Y2K 3500 QC 4x4 Cummins,
    6 spd, for a short while on the lot (2 weeks) $39,000.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    The dealer has two problems with making your deal.

1.) He doesn't know when the new truck will arrive.

2.) He doesn't know how much your trade will be worth at that time, assuming you plan to keep driving it.

It's better to have him be honest with you that way, rather than for him to accept a big deposit that deters you from further shopping, and then misleads you into thinking you had a firm deal when he asks for more, just as the new one arrives. (It can happen.)
    I understand that delivery time is way up in the air, but I did explain to him we ( my fiance') were planning on trading my chevy today, and we would go on one vehicle for a couple of months.(til the new truck came in) Now I know thats a little risky, but in order to get what I want for the trade, its ok with me. Is it that he can't take my trade now or he just doesn't want to. He can sell it tomorrow for all I care. I think not knowing when the new one will come in is part of the process.
    It just doesn't seem realistic to me, that the dealer could take your trade early. Not saying it hasn't been done, but it seems complicated and risky for him, and problematic for you if he can't supply you the new truck you want.

Why not just put a deposit down, order the truck you want, and either make the trade when the new one comes in, or get rid of it in a private sale before that time?
    I do see your point, if he takes my trade and something does happen to blow the deal on the new truck and all he got out of it was my trade. But you could argue he is going to make money on the trade too, at least thats his intent.
    Well I sent out a letter to the owner explaining the dilemma and I got a phone call today from the salesman saying he was gonna go ahead and order the truck, no deposit either. Don't know if this is a result of the letter or their desire to make a sale. Thats the good part, but my vehicle is still in my drive :( I'm affraid I won't get what I need for the trade come deal time if I can't sell it on my own. I guess we'll see!
    A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

It sounds to me like your dealer is trying to be very fair, and win your business. That won't stop him from trying to make a buck off you, and every other customer, so don't count the profit motive against him. Just be aware of it, and negotiate to your best advantage. Make it easier for him to sell you a car, and you will get a better deal.

If he is willing to order your truck with no deposit, he sees no risk if your deal falls through. That's good.

Expect surprises. The deal is not final until you sign a buyers contract with a VIN number on it. Keep in mind that until then, anything you and he agreed to previously can change without notice. Usually it doesn't happen this way, but you are under no obligation to buy if he does.

By all means, advertise your trade in the paper and try to make a sale to a private party. Almost any offer you can accept is better than what a dealer will offer you in trade. And since your new vehicle is going to take a few weeks, you have the time so get started.

The less complicated you make it, the better your chance. Do these things:

1.) Get yourself pre-qualified for financing at your bank or credit union.
    2.) Get your trade sold beforehand.
    3.) Find out if there are incentives, rebates, financing, cash back etc.
    4.) Set a target price for the new truck.
    5.) Be realistic, and prepared for a little give and take.
    6.) Listen to offers on financing. If the dealer financing is 3.9%, and your credit union is 8.9%, there is probably some factory cash that you have to sign over to him to get the low interest rate. Often, it's better to apply the factory cash against your down payment instead, and pay the higher bank interest rate.
    7.) The deal isn't over just because you shook on it. Your salesman now sends you to the finance guru's office, where they try to get you to buy extended warrantys, undercoating, paint sealants, fabric protection, etc. Listen carefully, be polite, and then decline them all. Pure profit to a dealer.

The art of a deal: Remember, the dealer does this for a living. He is prepared for you, and doesn't make mistakes. There is a reason why there is NEVER a calculator to be found, for your use, on the desk of the salesman. You have to know your numbers, and see through the smoke screen. Good Luck!
  • RichinKsRichinKs Member Posts: 412
    Just called the 800 number and my truck is still BX status. No dealer allocation is available. It was ordered 9/14. Two or three weeks ago the salesmanager assured me he had contacted the regional sales office in KC to get me taken care of. But I've had holds for a variety of reasons including paint and now I'm back to no dealer allocation. While in hold the gal I talked to on the 800 number tried to get hold of the salesmanager but got the business manager who told her he would speak to the salesmanager for me. ..... On another topic. A Chevy dealer I have dealt with in the past did take trade-ins at time of order so he could be assured of its value. ...... Another issue on my deal. The back of the contract says the dealership has the right to reappraise my tradin at delivery. Since I'm sure they knew they had no allocation for me when they took my deal I'm concerned they may want to renegotiate my price IF my truck ever arrives. Yet they must have known my truck would not arrive when they promised. .... Rich
  • miracle1miracle1 Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone heard anything else on the 2001`s coming out in January. I have a 2000 2500 quad V10 on order and am hoping for a rebate on the 2000`s. Rebates change Monday(12/13). I do have the on the job incentive($300)I live in Oklahoma and the Okla. dealers don`t honor the Chrysler ext.warrenty. Also the Okla. dealers don`t honor the Farm Bureau incentive. If I would have known this I would have bought the truck in Kansas.

By the way, I have had good experience with ordering the truck. It was ordered on 10/23 and was shipped on 10/6 and the dealer is suppose to have it the week of 12/13.
    The shipped date should have been 12/6. Also,I negotiated the trade-in(Ford) when I ordered the Dodge on 10/23. The dealer said if I kept the Ford under a certian milage they would hold the trade-in price until the 2000 dodge arrived. Unless the dealer tries to pull a fast one of some kind, this has been a good truck buying experience for me.

This was the first time I used the internet exclusively to buy the dodge. I found that most all the dealers have web sights. So I sent out emails telling them the options I wanted and asking them for quotes. I also did the same thing on the Ford I was going to trade. I played the dealers against one another and got an excellent deal. I did find that the 5 star dealers could give the best deal. I also found out that dealing this way with the dealers gave me a better deal that going though a buying service. I drove to the dealer to confirmed the deal and negotiated few hundred more dollars off the deal before I ordered the 2000 Ram. Like I said before, unless the dealer tries to pull a fast one this has been a good experience and the way I will buy autos from now on.
    The shipped date should have been 12/6. Also,I negotiated the trade-in(Ford) when I ordered the Dodge on 10/23. The dealer said if I kept the Ford under a certian milage they would hold the trade-in price until the 2000 dodge arrived. Unless the dealer tries to pull a fast one of some kind, this has been a good truck buying experience for me.

This was the first time I used the internet exclusively to buy the dodge. I found that most all the dealers have web sights. So I sent out emails telling them the options I wanted and asking them for quotes. I also did the same thing on the Ford I was going to trade. I played the dealers against one another and got an excellent deal. I did find that the 5 star dealers could give the best deal. I also found out that dealing this way with the dealers gave me a better deal that going though a buying service. I drove to the dealer to confirmed the deal and negotiated few hundred more dollars off the deal before I ordered the 2000 Ram. Like I said before, unless the dealer tries to pull a fast one this has been a good experience and the way I will buy autos from now on.
    What you said is exactly right.

By the way....(ahem), someone on one of the other topics said he got an order number and delivery date on a GM 4 door.
    Never mind, I see you found it! (Believe it when you see it)
  • nittanylion93nittanylion93 Member Posts: 11
    Just to let all you boys and girls know, I picked up my 2000 Quad Cab 4x4, 26H, slt+ last night. It is a black sport, hd, srw, tt 1500. It was ordered through leasesource.com on September 30. It left the factory November 17 and it was delivered December 8th from Fenton, Missouri. I hope this helps all you guys out who are waiting for an order. The truck is beautiful. I am so glad I don't have to deal with the dealership anymore. They didn't even prep the vehicle or gas it up.
  • eric16eric16 Member Posts: 38
    I ordered my new dodge on Nov 26th as of Friday 10 Dec had a status of D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available. Not too bad for two weeks.

Eric16
  • jerryg5jerryg5 Member Posts: 29
    I am dealing on a Ram 2500 V10 QC. My salesman told me there was going to be a rebate of $1000 announced this week and that It was a sure thing. Has anyone heard anything on that?
    I am hoping also for a rebate. $1000 would be a great Christmas present. Has anyone heard anything? I an dealing for a 2000, 2500, Quad cab, v10. I have heard from several different sources that the 2001 model year will start Jan.1. It only makes sense that they would rebate the 2000`s. I hope it includes the quad cabs.
    Tomorrow will be 13 weeks that my truck has been on order. As of last Friday it was still waiting allocation (BG). What is my next step? Call the 800 number tomorrow and get the name of someone higher up at Dodge to speak with? Call the sales manager an complain again? Go get my deposite back and reorder from another dealer? Let my current order sit and order from another dealer and take the first one to arrive? (Get my deposite back from the other ). Or just sit on my hands and wait? Trucks ordered 2 months after mine I see already are code "D". Its a 2500, 4x4, quad, v10, auto, slt+, all towing/camping options, 4.10 . Do you think the dealer wants me to quit that he made a mistake on the deal? (I'm trading in a 97 Chevy Z71 and he offered me a $2500 better deal than another dealer). .... Rich
    I called the 800 number today and was told my truck is still "BG". No holds or anything just waiting for the factory to assign a date. I tried to get the number of the regional sales office but was told they did not have it. They called the dealer for me while I was on hold and was told the dealer has contacted the regional sales trying to get me bumped up. I was given the impression that most of my problem has been a hold on paint. I understood earlier that that was only a minor delay, that dealer allocation was the big problem. Has anyone ordered a truck in Forest Green Pearl Coat? today I got our reservation for 1/15 at a RV park in Phoenix changed to 3/1. That still isn't that far off considering how long it may still take to get my truck. ..... Rich
  • markcordmarkcord Member Posts: 113
    Rich,

My 2000 2500 QC LB V10 auto was ordered on 7/27 and I took delivery on 9/30. It sat in the rail yard here in Mass. for a week so really it took 9 weeks. Color is Forest Green Pearl Coat over Driftwood.
  • osborne1osborne1 Member Posts: 5
    I ordered my 2500 Quad cab diesel Sport 6-speed on 9-11-99. It was built on 12-8-99. Supposed to be in shipment now.
  • msizingmsizing Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to hear all these stories about people having no luck with orders. I ordered my 2000 Ram 1500 Quad 4X2 SLT+ 5.9 black Sport on Oct. 27 and it arrived by rail in Tampa November 21, about a month earlier than anticipated. Love the truck!

Go Bucs!
  • barbarajobarbarajo Member Posts: 27
    How can you have ordered a SLT+ Sport? I thought they were mutually exclusive options?
    I just checked the updated information on the rebates and incentives page and wonder if the lack of rebates to buyers and dealers is accurate.
    It seems there is an extremely limited amount of info for the dodge vehicles. Are there really that few incentives/rebates or is the information that came out on the 13th still in transit to the site. Anybody know if their are more to come, hopefully?
  • durango508durango508 Member Posts: 37
    Check at www.4adodge.com

They have an incentives list (customer only)
    I think they are listing $500 cash back on any 2000 Ram or low financing.
    You can get both the SLT+ and the Sport together. That is what I just got last week. SLT+ comes with: Audio controls steering wheel,Alarm, Rear Underseat storage, Auto day night mirror, lighted visor mirrors, trip computer, keyless entry, cd player, 4 wheel anti lock.
    Sport comes with: Quad halogen headlamps, P265/75R16 OWL on/off road, 16x7 alum. wheels.

On another subject, I just purchased RAM Accessories Side Bars. I can't figure out where the brackets attach to the frame rail. Is there a specific mount that Dodge put there for Side Steps? OR Do you have to take out the bolt that attaches the cab to the frame? Help!!!! I would really like to put them on this weekend.

Thanks...........
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Dealers have been given 2001 Ram pricing anm\nd orders may be accepted as early as Monday 12/20.

kcram
    Community Leader/Smart Shopper Conference
  • heidi8heidi8 Member Posts: 12
    you have to remove the bolts that secure the body to the frame. the kit should have included longer bolts to mount the bars. there is also a bracket to reinforce each end which will require drilling two holes front and rear just before the bends.
    hope this helps!!!
    Thanks to Heidi8 and jfp4 for the technical help on installing my nerf bars. It took me awhile to do it by myself (2 hours), but I succeeded. They look great and they totally make the truck look even better. All I had to do was attach the brackets to the bars, remove the four frame bolts, and use the new bolts to attach it to the truck. The most difficult part of it was balancing the bars. Thanks again, Bob
    My dealer said he is now taking orders for 2001 models for delivery in mid Feb. and at the same time, the dodge web site says dodge is accepting orders on 2000 models until 4/00. He also said the $500 rebate does not apply to the 2001 models. What gives? How can they accept orders for two model years at the same time. What is the difference between the two years? Is there a valid reason to have a 2001 vs. 2000 for future trade in value?? Is the 2001 theoretically worth more? I am totally confused!!!!!
    Is there going to be a price increase for 2001? If so, how much?
  • wiz1wiz1 Member Posts: 18
    Talked to my dealer on Saturday. They can not yet put 2001 orders into their system yet. He indicated 2001 prices went up appr $225-250.
    Prices are in, prices are up. On the 2001 2500 RC, 4 x 4, the MSRP went from $23,345 to $23,600. The bigger increase is on the Cummins. The ETC was $4625, and the new ETH is $5225. The dealers, and the system are now accepting orders. Mine is in for a 2001 2500 RC, $ x 4, 6-speed, with most of the goodies. Delivery will brobably be late Feb, early March. The new trailer tow mirrors (GPD) are also available.
    can anyone tell me the difficulty with changing the regular mirrors on a 2k 3500 to the towing mirrors. the dealer told me they would be on it when i ordered it but it did not come with them. i'm sick about having the regular heated mirrors when i tow about six months out of the year. the dealer told me it would be nearly impossible to change.
    Its 14 weeks today that my truck was ordered. As of last week it was waiting for scheduling. Havn't called yet this week as I'll just be disappointed again. But do I have any price protection with my original deal or will I have to pay the upgrade to the 2001 (or 2002 the way its going)? ...... Rich
    Heidi8,
    I guess it depends which towing mirrors you are talking about. If they are the chrome mirrors that attach to the outside of the door with the chrome bi-pod frame, I think it would be difficult to switch. If you are referring to the new black towing mirrors, those APPEAR to be switchable. The difference on the new black mirrors (GPD) compared to the ones you have is that they are NOT heated, and they are NOT electronically controlled. You have to adjust them manually. The new mirrors also have small convex mirrors built into them, and the entire mirror can be swiveled into either a vertical, or horizontal position.
  • larry916larry916 Member Posts: 2
    I test drove a 2000 cummins today, auto, and my dealer told me that he was putting in orders for 2001's. When he went into his computer, he was referred to 2001 listing and prices which he says are about $700 more. He says Chrysler has not sent anything and he does not know what the difference is going to be. Boy, it was noisy! This was for another customer and I personally did not see it. Does anyone know what he is talking about?
    thx for the info on the towing mirrows. i had checked on them from an engineering company and you are right about the electronically control and heat. the cost of the mirrors is 350.00 and another 100.00 to install. they also have reports of those vibrating a lot in the towing position. i am making arrangements to do something else. thx.
  • gwmooregwmoore Member Posts: 230
    Better off anyway with the electric control heated mirrors instead of those new manual towing mirrors. Just put the extenders on the mirrors when you need them. I personally think electric controlled mirrors are one of the nicest power conveniences available. Sure is easier than stretchin' all the way across the cab, through the window and trying to adjust the mirror, then going back to driving position just to realize it is now adjusted worse than before. It's also nice to be able to turn the mirror down to check tires and stuff while driving or towing.
  • osborne1osborne1 Member Posts: 5
    My 2000 2500 quad cab with the cummins and 6 speed has arrived. Ordered it on 9-14-99 and picked it up on 12-17-99. Love the power and gas mileage. Got 17.6/gal on the first 350 miles, all town driving. Trade in 98 1500 Quad cab, 360 auto. Big difference in mileage and power. Don't like the noise, though. Everything else is well worth it. I didn't have the patience to wait for the ETH engine, after I test drove a 6 spd. with the ETC engine. This one has all the power I need.

KCRAM, you should be President of the Dodge truck division. You know more about what is going on with Dodge trucks than the company and the dealers!! I told my dealer a few months ago about the info you gave on the new ETH engine and the 2001 models and they laughed at me and said no way that would happen, now they are the fools. They now have info on these changes that they though was a big made-up story.
    From what I have read, those towing mirrors don't sound too impressive to me. I wouldn't like to have manual adjustment mirrors on a truck. It would be a real pain, particularly the one on the passenger side. Also, I live in Minnesota so the heated mirrors are nice. As far as towing goes, I bought a pair of extension mirrors, available at Camping World for about $25 each that I use when I tow my TT with my 98 Ram. They slide over the standard mirrors on the truck and stick out about 6 inches. As far as I am concerned, they work OK(except for the time I didn't attach one properly and it blew off and broke..... my fault).
    Sorry gwmoore,I didn't see your post before I made mine. We said essentially the same thing. I wouldn't be without power mirrors.......good idea....right up there with sliced bread and indoor biffys.
    Its pretty funny now. The sales geeks really know little about the products. With all the information available to the consumer, especially through the internet, the buyer can know much more about the vehicle, and know it sooner, than the salesmen.

I know salesmen aren't researching while they are at work - of course I'm not either ;). I'm also guessing few go home and research on their computer either. I don't think the manufacturer or dealership do any real education about the vehicles or update the salesmen on new changes. I'm sure most of the salesmen are more concerned about new selling techniques than the product they are selling. The end result is that the buyer knows more about the truck than the salesman. It cracks me up, what are they good for now? I guess they are good at pointing out the cup holders.
    You're probably best off to go to the service department and talking to a mechanic about what things are good and what are having problems. Although I don't know if they are allowed to talk, or would give you the strait goods either. That one GM mechanic on one of these forums gave great info.
  • viper_gviper_g Member Posts: 12
    I recently ordered a 2500 regular cab 4 wheel drive on 12/12 and the dealer said it might come in as a 2001 in 6/8 weekes he said it has to do with the goverment and gas milage. A few months ago i remember someone posting a telephone number that you can call to see where your truck is Does anyone know it??
  • trambitistrambitis Member Posts: 21
    Hello kcram etal,

After a lifetime of drudgery, my wife and I will be retiring come June. Our long-considered post- retirement plans call for a year long grand tour of this wonderful country in a pickup and fifth wheel. After the tour, we'll probably park the trailer at a lakeside lot and use it for a "vacation home" and for intermittent month long cross country trips. We've decided upon the fiver; a 10,000# (gross) unit but have yet to finalize our decision on the pickup.

I started this process certain that what I wanted was a Ford 150 stepside extended cab shortbed 4X2 with automatic and gas V8. Months of research have convinced me that what I actually need is a 2001 Dodge Cummins 2500 QuadCab long bed 4X2 6 speed with limited slip and LT265/75R16 tires.

I'd been waiting until the 2001's came out to order. You say DC is now accepting orders and I'm ready to sign on the dotted line but for a couple of questions. Here goes...

1. Should I expect to have to pay an adver-
    tising fee on an ordered vehicle?

2. While on the road with the fiver, we'll probably drive for a day, park for a week, drive for a day, etc. and will be traversing all types of terrain. I know you typically recommend a 4.10 rearend but don't you think a 3.55 would adequately satisfy our needs?

3. How do you feel about an exhaust brake?

4. You've mentioned that Dodge has fixed its shift gate problems on the five speed but now has manufacturing problems with the six speed. I've driven the six speed and found it quite satisfactory but wonder about its long term reliability. What do you think?

5. Do the 1500 and 2500 Rams share the same chassis?

6. How do you feel about extended warranties?

Thanks
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    trambitis,

Congrats on the retirement. My mom retired in July and my dad retires this coming July. They deserve the quiet.

To answer your questions:

1) You should expect to pay the national ad fee. This is on the invoice from DaimlerChrysler, and dealers generally pass this on to consumers. Do NOT pay a markup on it.

2) Because you will shift for yourself, you should be able to get away with the 3.54 axle. Be sure and check the 2001 tow ratings when they are released to make sure you can handle that much, although the 2000 was able to handle a 10K fifth.

3) Excellent investment for the manual trans. There are several available for the truck, but Cummins recommends the Jake - click here for info.

4) By the time you get it, it should have been sprayed with enough "Raid" to get the bugs out. Make sure whatever maintenance is specified in the owner's manual is followed, and you should be just fine.

5) No. The 2500 shares with the 3500. Dodge dropped the light-duty 2500 several years ago.

6) I swear by them, after some major repairs on previous trucks. One nice touch to the Chrysler extended is that it also extends your roadside assistance to whatever length plan you buy. A major plus, since you plan on touring the USA and won't be near the selling dealer for quite a while. There are alos aftermarket companies that sell them, but no dealer is obligated to honor it, and some may require YOU to pay the bill and let your warranty company reimburse you.The factory warranty is honored by any Dodge, Chrysler/Plymouth, or Jeep dealer, and the dealer has the option to authorize warranty repairs to the nearest Cummins factory shop if it's engine work they can't handle.

Another recommendation I would offer is the Cummins Owners Club. You get parts and service discounts at Cummins factory shops, and they have social events for Cummins-poewered Ram and RV owners.

If you have other questions, please ask!

kcram
    Community Leader/Smart Shopper Conference
  • nascar6nascar6 Member Posts: 113
    KC,

After reading other posts, I understand there is a price increase. Can you tell me what items went up? The ETH is $5225 MSRP? Is this right?
    Here's what I want to get- 2500LWB QC, 2HH, AGG,
    AHC, AHJ, ATK, DEE, DHG, DSA, GFD, and of course the ETH.
    Do you know if the prices of those options increased from the 2000 pricing? Please excuse my brevity, but I think you probably know the codes.
    It is now crunch time with going to the dealership. I just want to go in there with the right prices in mind (on paper) and not have some salesperson saying that certain items I've chosen have inflated drastically. Invoice prices on options are 15% less than MSRP prices, right?

I really appreciate all your help on this. I've been researching Rams, diesels, negotiating, and pricing since 4/98 and I want to have the ol' ducks in a row.

Thanks
    You've once again proven yourself a thorough asset to all those topics having to do with the Dodge Ram. Indeed, your responsiveness and expertise are in part the reason I've chosen Dodge over Ford.

I'm especially glad (and somewhat suprised) that you consider the 3.54 adequate for my needs; you've been a most consistent advocate of the 4.10 in those many postings I've read. My co-pilot has been in my ears incessantly about fuel milage and this should mollify her somewhat. By the way, my December copy of Trailer Life rates the 2k 2500 Ram QC at 13,850# with a 5 or 6 speed and 3.54 or 4.10. I suspect the 2001 will pull at least as much.

I also appreciate your words on the extended warranty. Research has yielded another source of repair coverage I might consider. My son just recently bought a 2K Silverado and purchased his warranty through Allstate Insurance. $420 for a 60/60. I don't know if you'd consider it "bumper to bumper" but it seemed to cover all the essentials. A nice feature is that you can have the repairs accomplished at any garage, not just a Dodge dealership.

Question: Will a Cummins repair shop perform warranty work on a Dodge Cummins? Also, I prefer heated, power side view mirrors and so don't know that I will order the new pivoting trailer mirrors. Do you know of a particular brand of "mirror extender" that I might attach temporarily to the standard mirrors whenever I'm towing?

Thanks again,
    Trambitis
    Also...Can you tell me if the Farm Bureau rebate is offered with the 2001 Ram 2500? Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.