Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• Options
    macemanmaceman Member Posts: 11
    The dealer where I ordered the car acknowledges that there are cars on order for the Southeast. Because the Blizzard Pearl is so popular in Florida, none of the dealers are willing to trade a car. Precision is showing zero in inventory. I'm going to contact them to see what they can do for me in case they have one coming. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    ronnronn Member Posts: 398
    I do believe this is an April Fools joke RiGHT HAVALONGAVALON . If you really did take the tail pipes off, a friend at Toyota told me you would void the warranty!!!
  • Options
    LoudSPeaKer... :) SOUNDS GREAT...what about the sound? I want to know how it compares to what you have now. By the way, I am single...so the choice was mine to get the Avalon. I have had some great looks with the car, so maybe the single thing will change. The car and money is mine though :)

RONN
  • Options
    havalongavalonhavalongavalon Member Posts: 460
    Ooops... ronn, you caught me! Actually, the dealer didn't yet agree to the full surgical removal that I requested, but he did offer to temporarily lift the sagging pipe so I could bring the car home for the weekend. Here is a photo. I have an appointment all-day Monday to do the "evening repair".

Hava a good weekend!

havalong slightly uneven avalon
  • Options
    clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    Yes! Wait for the 2006 model.
  • Options
    mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Well the Avalon is based partly on the Japanese Crown model. The other news coming out of Japan today is that the Avalon will be sold under the Scion brand in 2006 since it's attracting so many youthful buyers!
    :blush:
    Mackabee
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    My goodness, when will it no longer be April Fools day????
  • Options
    just__mejust__me Member Posts: 508
    RONN, actually I noticed a little while ago, that maybe I did a little more wax than I should have. Some of the paint on my trunk seems to have lost it's luster even waxing it over again. I will see my Dealer on Saturday again.........
    April fools Day to you as well, and good that you caught our friend here who said he took off the exhausts. Ha Ha, I fell for the 06 Avalon being replaced by the Crown, but actually what I said was true, if that were the case our car would be worth more. If you look at the used car sales in the auto adds, papers etc, it's rare you see an Avalon. In fact where I live someone posted on the bulletin board, "looking for a two year old Avalon with around 20,000 , miles on it". They get gobbled up fast. Have a great weekend Ronn, and watch the ladies that are after your Avalon. Now you have a problem, is it you they want or your car, Ha Ha. :confuse:
  • Options
    Pat, at midnight, LOL. Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    newbinewbi Member Posts: 1
    Have had ocassional difficulity inserting key into ignigion switch. Key will only go in approximately 1/4 inch. After repeated tries to insert key, it will finally go in and be a normal operation for serval days before repeating. The most recently experience was "cured" by moving the steering wheel slightly left/right. The dealer could not duplicate the problem, but "lubricated the ignition switch". This problem is on a 2005 Avalon XLS, about 700 total miles. Anyone with any suggestions?
  • Options
    avalonturing05avalonturing05 Member Posts: 32
    GOOD FOR YOU---I ALWAYS NEW THOSE MERCEDES PEOPLE WHERE GETTING SLOPPY

CONSUMER REPORT PROVED THAT! :P
  • Options
    avalonturing05avalonturing05 Member Posts: 32
    ITS OK IF YOU ARE A LITTLE SLOW BUT FOR THOSE OF US HERE IN NEW YORK IT IS NEEDED WHEN YOU MUST USE THE CELL PHONE ITS A GREAT WAY TO USE THE CELL VIA YOUR CAR SPEAKER---HERE IN NEW YORK
    ITS ILLEGAL TO USE THE CELL PHONE UP ON YOUR EAR.----GET IT---CABISH. :P
  • Options
    JUST ME....I would like it to be both ! :)
  • Options
    PAT.... You are great to put up with us each and every day!! I bet you dream about JUST ME, RONN , MACKABEE , LoudSpEakEr , just to name a few.
    I know you will be glad at midnight!
  • Options
    Groza, :) who was it that said I should appear on Jeapordy. Well my friend after reading your post, how about developing a new fuel that burns clean therefor being environmentaly friendly and gives you 60 MPG. I know you have it in you, you can do it. The Avalon Club Treasury will support you. Once you get it done, watch the price of oil decline to prices we haven't seen in years. Profiteering going on the likes we haven't seen in years, and we are paying for the Iraq war while they have the oil, it's nuts. Oops, sorry Pat, no politics here, back to the Avalon. Yes there is something neat about seeing the duel exhaust whether it's meaningful or not, I will subscribe to your post Groza, I think you understand what you just posted even though I don't, LOL. Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    RONN, Pat never sleeps she strays hear 24/7 watching and reading our posts, LOL. Still April 1st. You will get lucky this year and have both and you'll think it was the Avalon that did it, when it was you. I'm going to bed. See Ya! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    lntlnt Member Posts: 192
    Okay, I went out and looked at mine. Didn't measure, but yes, the left does look a little lower than the right. Another question. Did everyone's dealer tell them to have their oil changed at 1,000m? My service manager said 3,000 for 1st oil change and 5K thereafter. I have 1500 on my car now. Should I go have it changed?
  • Options
    I change it when it's a new car after the first 1,000 miles, than every 3,000 miles. Listen to your dealer, he probably follows the Toyota Manual. I have done it my way for as long as I remember and never had an engine problem, you can't teach an old dog tricks. Your dealer can lift the left one to match the right exhaust if you want, my dealer did that for me today. Have a good one. Bye.
  • Options
    jl618jl618 Member Posts: 64
    For those of us who are eager to detail our new cars as soon as we get them, I found the following comments interesting at http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?indexID=6634991. The article is found in the December 2004 edition of Professional Carwashing & Detailing Magazine.

Can some of you paint experts shed light on this?

1. New or well maintained car — If you are working on a new car and you want the car to look its best all the time, here’s some tips:

Check for the vehicle’s manufacturer’s date.

That’s the day the car rolled off the assembly line, not the date the car was picked up. This information can be found on the inside of the driver’s door jamb or under the car hood, in front of the radiator.

Start waxing two months after the date of manufacture (new paint needs time to properly cure before applying wax). Most new vehicles on the dealer’s lot will be at least this old.
  • Options
    Thanks jI618 for the info on car washing. I found the link to be very informative for the future.
  • Options
    Hey out there in Avalon land, we have almost made it to 4000 post here, in a very short time compared to the other post! Keep up the informative, great work as we enjoy our cars, with or without tailpipes.
    Hey Pat...Hope you are ready for another fun filled, actioned packed day with all of us. Have a great day! By the way, do you ever get time away?
  • Options
    Today is the day LoUDspeAkEr gets to ride and drive the new Avalon if his wife lets him!! He will try out the JBL stereo and compare to his current one!
    We all hope you like it LoudSpeaker, and you let go of some money today for that new Avalon. Let us know, and of course we want to know the color, if the exhust is even, how much you paid etc. This forum is very anxious to hear your results! :)
    No :lemon: 's here!

RONN
  • Options
    analyticangelanalyticangel Member Posts: 83
    Where in Florida do you live?
    Can you get your deposit back from the dealer if you find one somewhere else?
    If so you can probably locate the dealer(s) that are actually getting the Limiteds in Blizzard Pearl and try to buy from them directly .............
    But .........as you know some dealers in Florida are more open to negotiation than others . I have to drive 260 miles from home .......because I did not find the South Florida dealers very cooperative.
    In fact I called the dealer where I tested the car and offered them an opportunity to match the price from Precision and they refused...........
    What dealer has your deposit........was it such a great deal that it is worth waiting on them??
    Good Luck and let us know
  • Options
    Clipper1
    You decided to wait for he 2006 Correct? Did the car you originally had on order sell already?
    You were dealing with Stadium correct??
    Good luck with your decision .........I hope it comes in time wise as you expect
  • Options
    doninildoninil Member Posts: 8
    Now that's one heck of an expensive coaster!!
  • Options
    jnazarajnazara Member Posts: 10
    just received an email from my brother,a dealer in pennsylvania,hanover i believe is selling a new 2005 avalon,forget which model,for list price..can discounts be far behind?
  • Options
    I live in West Palm Beach. None of the dealers around here would deal on price, and most of them are charging ridiculous dealer fees on top of the MSRP. I placed my order 2 weeks ago with Maroone in Davie who quoted a good price with a delivery date mid-'April. I called to try and get the exact date and the salesman tells me they won't have a car until mid-May, but he'll check on it and call me back. The salesman never calls me back when he says he will. I call him and he says, wow, I probably won't be able to get you a car until Mid-June. He asks me if I'll take a silver Limited that they have coming in. I ask what color silver? He says he'll call me back. He hasn't. I called Precision in Tampa today to see if they can get me a Blizzard Pearl. They said they would check on a date for me and call me back..Hopefully they do as they say! I was told at Maroone that my deposit was 100% refundable when I placed it. BTW, Precision Toyota beat the quote I had from Maroone by $700! That would more than pay for the inconvenience of having to drive to Tampa to trade my Mercedes for the Avalon. I'll let you know what happens.
  • Options
    Small world! I actually live 10 minutes away from Maroone and they are the dealership where I drove the Avalon and they would not match price! My initial mistake was not dealing with the internet folks as opposed to regular sales .......but even their internet dept did not come close!
    Kendall Toyota in Miami and Al Hendrickson in Ft Lauderdale and Toyota in Vero have Blizzard Avalons LTD in stock or coming in April
    Al Hendrickson had a BIG attitude and an above MSRP mark up ........
    If you deal with Precision stay with Internet staff.......and note there is even a little wiggle room on their internet quote Good luck ;) So........see how far I am willing to drive
  • Options
    By the way.........the LTD that Maroone has is coming in 4/17 Titanium Silver
    Light Gray Interior Only options is Floor Mats, Toyoguard and Remote Start.
    I am not sure what options you wanted on your LTD but I can tell you it would not have been hard for the salesman to check and call you back,,,,,,,,,
    Wonder if you are dealing with same one I did...:)
    The only other thought is whether you would consider an XLS in Blizzard.......Not sure how important it is for you to get the Limited model I struggled with that decision and decided in the end chose the XLS (Ahhh what a sacrifice LOL) but I think consumers will be happy with either
  • Options
    I dealt directly (I think) with the Internet dept. I want the LMT with Nav, VSC, and Laser cruise. I'm sure the S.FL dealers will sell the Blizzards they get at or above MSRP. The guy I have been dealing with must think he's the Duke of Earl! or something. I'm dealing with a guy at Precision who just seems like a regular Joe!
    Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    We hear you! You don't have to scream. It's bad netiquette to type in all caps, it's considered screaming. Capeesh :D ?
    ; )
    Mackabee
  • Options
    I would fire the salesman and the dealer for not returning my calls. Some of these salespeople still don't get it. Sounds like you're getting the run around and no one knows when your car is coming if indeed they have one coming for you.
    :mad:
    Mackabee
  • Options
    agentagent Member Posts: 56
    It will be interesting to see next months Toyota Specials. (April that is) The current specials expire "Offer Ends 4/4/2005" so we'll just have to wait and see. If specials come this early after release, that might say something about the expected delivery date of the 06 don't you think? :confuse:
    To all of you Floridians, if you're willing to take a long drive, try contacting Toyota of Elizabeth City in NC. I'm getting quotes for $500 above invoice on a Touring model. Boy do I hope my Jetta sells soon. My perfect Avalon will be available April 20th and I want it really bad!! Was quoted $29,478.23 Out the Door. Someone get over here and get this Jetta off my hands!!! :-)
  • Options
    zagmanzagman Member Posts: 4
    im looking to purchase the 05 touring avalon, i would like any help with what the true gas mileage is,and also prices paid for them. dealers in my area are not moving much at all from msrp. any help would be great,thanks.
  • Options
    ronharvronharv Member Posts: 51
    Umpteen decades ago, when I was in college, I dated a girl who was also uneven from the rear. I developed two ameliorative approaches. The first was to avoid following her. And for occasions when this wasn't feasible, I discovered that closing my left eye, tilting my head to the right, and hopping instead of walking resolved the visual problem. It's quite possible that these techniques, if applied with diligence, would work with the Avalon as well. (The only problem was that when the young lady saw the second technique in action she wouldn't date me again. Of course, that was a kind of solution also. But I wouldn't expect a car to jilt you.) Happy motoring.
  • Options
    Congrats!
    What options if any did you choose? :blush:
  • Options
    We've been wandering in all sorts of directions lately.

I just need to remind you that we are here to share our thoughts, questions and comments specifically about the Avalon. You do have an Owners Club that you can use for the day to day chit-chat that you enjoy, but we need to try to keep this discussion focused on the car - tips, tricks, questions, answers, experiences, what you bought, what you want to buy, options, and so-forth.

Okay?

Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Options
    rtimbortimbo Member Posts: 24
    Just returned from a 550 mile roundtrip, LA to Las Vegas. Got 27 MPG at an average of 75-80MPH.The Avalon was super smooth and comfortable. In city driving I'm getting about 18-19 MPG.
  • Options
    My friend asked me to do him a favor and see his Chrysler dealer for a key for his car while he is out of town. While my wife waited in the car she told me three salesman came over and said that's the new 05 Avalon isn't it? She said yes, and she said they wowed over the interior exclaiming that it looks very luxurious. Then one said it looks like a LEXUS. They told her if you can believe this, that she has a great quality car. So my friends to an earlier post of mine, I said basically lets be nice to other car manufacturers and not criticize or beat others up. The 300 Chrysler up close has nice styling even though it's not my taste, to massive looking and macho, but it's selling the car for them. Their brochure is what I would have expected from Avalon, and I still don't know why they had such a weak brochure not really accentuating the way the car was built etc. Chrysler is First Place on the brochure. Of course you can keep the brochure since our car is better overall and Edmunds says it is and I agree with them. Perhaps Toyota didn't think it was necessary to spend all the money on the brochure and that their quality reputation would sell the car without trying to dress it up even though I think it would have been an excellent marketing tool for sales. Anyway it would have been nice to have had a stellar brochure for safe keeping and adding to the luxury we all feel about our Avalon. Either way, the Chrysler is a nice looking car making a statement regarding styling giving you that, look at me ladies and gentleman. I'd rather have the elegance I feel with my Avalon and not caring whether people look or not, because I like to silently get to where I'm going knowing I'm behind the wheel of one wonderful automobile. I stepped hard on the gas today and listened as the engine went into it's different drives, and it couldn't have been smoother and it was so quiet that I had a big smile on my face. We have one awesome car for a great price, MSRP or less, it's worth it.
  • Options
    zagman..I am getting 21-23mpg in town. I have 1100 miles on the Limited.

RONN
  • Options
    Hey JUST ME....thanks for the post. I actually almost bought the Chrysler 300 until I heard about the new Avalon. The 300 does have that special look about it, but I found the Avalon to be the favorite. The biggest comparison for me was the smooth ride of the Avalon and the interior look which I find to be of better quality. Also the fact that resale on Toyota is much better as well as reliability.
    When I read the reviews from folks who bought the Chrysler 300, it was scary as they were having many problems getting parts etc.and many were unhappy.
    Many post can turn people off, so I agree that we have to be very positive with the Avalon comments, because people do pay attention. I paid alot of attention to the reviews on the 300.

RONN
  • Options
    gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    Good day guys!!
    It's Saturday so I thought I'd wash our new XLS. Thought I better check the exhaust pipes for alignment, and guess what? They are both hanging exactly the same. Maybe the Canadian Avalon's don't have the same problem. Next time I am near the dealers, I'll check a few more. I checked the date of manufacture and mine was built in Feb. so I will be able to wax it soon. I have been using a wax/polish called Eagle one Wet Look. This stuff is imported by Valvoline Canada, and really puts a shine on my previous TL and my 97 truck. I have not been able to get more of this stuff and was wondering if anyone out there had any recommendations on a 1 step wax/polish. Also checked my tire pressure and all were 34psi. just over the recommended pressure for the michelins on my car. The ride is very smooth at this pressure so I just left them as is. I am going to check some of the Canadian Auto accessory stores to see if I can get some bumper guards similar to the ones discussed here. Thanks for all the help guys. Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    gladiator99...I just bought some Eagle One Wax. I live in VA. and they sell it at an auto store called Advance. Don't know if you have one or not. Maybe they could ship it?

Ronn
  • Options
    clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    Analitical: No not with Stadium.... The car I originally ordered was sold 30
    minutes after I told the VP to keep my deposit for the '06.-- Which is contrary to all your dealers... my contacts say early fall.-- Dealer was quite happy as my contract called for invoice +$1500.. (which now is toooooo much) --He sold the car at MSRP...hehe

Anyone who pays MSRP or with a slight discount are not doing their homework.

Work off invoice folks and keep it very LO
  • Options
    Hi RONN. The 300 Chrysler brochure doesn't give you any specifications regarding front/rear leg room, shoulder room etc. Strange.
  • Options
    Actually, the Chrysler 300 is not on topic here. If anyone is interested, a comparo could be fired up on our Sedans Comparisons board, but we need to move beyond that focus here in this discussion. Thanks.
  • Options
    Gladiator99, I went to my Dealer yesterday to lift the left Exhaust pipe which is now even with the right one. While waiting, I browsed around in their parts store and saw the Eagle one you spoke about, so check with your Toyota Dealer. I use Maguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax and it does an excellent job. It seems to work like the Toyo Guard. It was also recommended here when I asked about it. You can get it at Walmart, Autozone etc.
  • Options
    Sorry Pat, I was just refering to my earlier post. Thanks.
  • Options
    rwb2rwb2 Member Posts: 85
    24.7 mpg. combination freeway, city, to and from work. From the burbs to downtown Columbus, Ohio. 1,400 miles on the LTD. Regular gas -87 octane.