Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac CTS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hankersorehankersore Member Posts: 7
    We live in Connecticut. I beleive it was purchased in Fairfield or somewhere in the SW corner.
    Black on Black FULLY equiped.

Thanks
    Hank
  • hankersorehankersore Member Posts: 7
    Terry
    It has the navigational system, xm radio, wood steering wheel, 6 cd changer, leather sheets, The Sport Package, OnStar, Luxury Package, automatic sunroof, and maybe more.
    I'm lame on the language, what does "$31,9/$32,5 would just about kill it ..." mean?

Thanks again. You've been a huge help!
    Hank
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    .... You need to travel over to: "Real-World Trade-In Values" -- it's in the Smart Shopper column ...... read the last 10/12 posts and we can get ya in the groove ..

Terry.
  • skuuterskuuter Member Posts: 144
    I think we've addressed this. Your call now, Hank.
  • darnacdarnac Member Posts: 31
    Hello, I will be negotiating a 2005 CTS this week and I wonder if anybody knows any other "hidden" incentives besides the $750 currently listed on Edmunds? How close are people getting to invoice? I am in So. California if that helps. Thanks!
  • loanieloanie Member Posts: 1
    Ok here are my numbers, just got a CTS this Sunday {only options were automatic trans & XM radio}. These numbers are for a lease, do not know how closely they will mirror if you are buying.

MSRP - $34,070
    Gross Capitalization - $32,534

Rebates:

$1,000 CCR
    $1,000 Resident / NCL
    $750 NSE
    $1,000 Two Coupons CHT
    $3,310.07 GM Card Rebate {Gold Card with no limits}

Everything seems to indicate that there are at least $3,750 in rebates out there for leasing a 2005 CTS in my area. Not sure what all the codes mean, but the CHT coupons seem to be at the discretion of the sales manager as I ended up doing the deal with him after having a problem with the salesperson.
  • darnacdarnac Member Posts: 31
    Thanks loanie! I started the process today and they have applied some of the items you mention but I am not sure the amounts. They have basically taken the CTS down to invoice. I am OK with that but if I recall correctly it is this time every year I get a coupon from GM (credit card) giving me another $1000 off if I purchase before the end of the year. I would hate to get the coupon after I purchase the car.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    This weekend I received an "updated" price quote. Last week this is the deal they forwarded me here in Illinois via GMBUYPOWER. Sticker 05' CTS, $41,845. MINUS $3,572 (dealer discount) MINUS mfg. rebate ($750). Now today they ADDED (for just 2 days) ANOTHER $1,500 off for a total cost of $36,023. Live 45 miles outside of Chicago. Hope this helps.
  • sayhey2sayhey2 Member Posts: 3
    In NYC area, purchased 05 CTS w/ auto and PDX Sport Package - MSRP 35620 ; Dealer price 31475.
  • cadillacmikecadillacmike Member Posts: 543
    Hi, I'm looking for a Cadillac Certified Pre-owned CTS (2003, possibly a 2004). I WAS looking for a CPO 2001 Catera, but couldn't find one with color and options that I wanted. I was wondering why the TMV difference in Edmunds for this car as a "regular" used car and a "certified" used car is some $3,000.00 when I know that a "certification" costs only $1,000.00 plus costs to correct any "checklist" problems (tires being the most likely culprit). Any comments on buying a pre-owned CTS out there? Thanks in advance. Mike, Tampa FL area.

Since I won't have a trade, I want the best deal, to cut down on the sales tax hit. I hear of this car taking a $10,000.00 hit in resale in 1 year, and so don't want to see (or pay) anything over 25,000.
  • lil2lionel04lil2lionel04 Member Posts: 1
    How long will it take for a CTS if I ordered it w/: Standard model, Luxury Package, Sport Package, and Automatic?

Email me the answer:

lil2lionel04@hotmail.com
  • arby1arby1 Member Posts: 83
    I ordered my CTS on Nov 11,2004.I got the 255 hp, auto,lux, sport, bose and HID.It arrived on Dec 15.
  • cadillacmikecadillacmike Member Posts: 543
    ...Cadillac Certified Pre-owned 2005 CTS. Black paint, light tan interior. It has the 1SC "kitchen sink" option package, that is the luxury AND sport packages plus sunroof, Bose system, split rear seats, and Xenon headlights from the planet Znutar. It also has the 5 speed auto (my wife can't drive a manual trans) and the DVD Navigation system with XM radio. There are no other available options except the the crazy extra cost white or horrible red paint. Built in June 2004, original MSRP of $43,695.00 (this is according to the invoice sheet that the sales mgr gave me - the recent price increase makes it $44,425). It has 9500 miles and shows absolutely no wear. I had the sales mgr provide me with warranty claims history and build specs and this car only had a headlight assembly and headliner (what did he do shake up a coke can in the car and open it???) replaced. So, it has not had any of the nagging problems that some CTS' have. I saw one 05 with only 3,000 miles on it and its service history shows the differential replaced at 2,500 miles! Didn't they fix that problem with the 2003 model year??????? Anyway this one seems to be fine so far.

I paid $36,000.00 plus sales tax and a $100.00 charge for a new florida plate because I didn't trade any of my other Cadillacs in. I just saw the recent exchange on the 2004 and it looks like that car should have gone for 32-33 thousand. This car being 1 yr newer maybe $2000 more? I think the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty is well worth the 1,000 or so that they add on to the price of the car, because now my wife has a car with a 92,000 mile warranty that doesn't expire until July 30, 2010!!!! So I think that was a pretty good deal.

This was my third car from Ed Morse Cadillac in Tampa FL and I bought them all from the same salesman. He understands my nitpicking, I call it attention to detail, and the sales mgr, is also a cool guy. They had the car "internet priced" at almost 38,000 and the sales mgr with going under that price by almost 2,000 and absorbing the "dealer services fee" (500 bucks). The internet sales mgr was not a happy camper though, he was trying to get me to buy the one with the 3000 miles (and the replace differential) which DIDN't have the Nav system for almost 1,500 more than I paid for this one. The only negative is not being able to chose the color. Black is ok (my 1995 is black), but with a black car, I would have had the two tone lt/dk grey interior or the all dark grey interior, or, preferrably one of the silver colors with the two tone interior, but beggars can't be choosers!

Anyway, my wife better like this car because she ain't getting another one until 2011!
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter would like to interview someone who recently bought a large sedan such as a Mercedes E-Class, Lexus LS 430, Mercury Crown Victoria or any large Cadillac or Lincoln.

Please send your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, February 11, 2005.
  • bingo1bingo1 Member Posts: 1
    World is not just black & white.

I have owned CTS for 7 months now and

has its pros & cons.

Let's go with PROS first:

Good looks. It still turns heads.

Buttery ride with plenty of power.

Comparably affordable (5 series, E-class, etc.)

Cons? Good grief!

Big outside, small inside. Front passenger has to struggle with that odd glove box (hangs low).

Having numerous fit & finish problems (driver's seat moves, rattles in left front side, wind noises from right front, sunroof screen rattles, etc.), engine is entirely too loud for this class, odd interior (not luxurious, not sporty)and difficult for not-so-experienced drivers to park (due to edgy long hood).

I still love this car. It's sharp edges seperates itself from the rest. However, I would not buy it again. Compare to..say, TL, it is much less refind (engine, dash, fit & finish, etc.) If you are tired of ubiquitous imports (3 series, ES330, A4, G35, etc.), buy it. Outer beauty siezed your eyes, buy it. Otherwise, look around more.
    Were you responding to the previous post about a reporter? If so, you need to follow the instructions and email jfallon@edmunds.com.

Otherwise, this discussion is about Prices Paid & Buying Experiences. If you want to talk about your ownership of this car, please do so in the main Cadillac CTS discussion.
  • gas-mangas-man Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a new 2004 CTS-V that is on my dealers lot. The car is not a demo and it has basically no miles. It has the sunroof option. It is Februray 15, 2005 and what should I pay for that car? Is invoice less rebates a good deal? Or should I go for the Holdback too? Their bottom line price was 44655 plus ttl. Is that good enough? I have seen used prices on '04 and '05 on ebay for around 40k.
  • cherie1cherie1 Member Posts: 16
    I am interested in both cars but not sure of quaility of CTS compared to the new Avalon. Ride, quiet, comfort, mileage, durability etc. Can any of you CTS owners help and have you all been paying under MSRP except for tax and Lic. for the CTS?
    I just received a price quote for a CTS and I would like to know what people think? Good or not?? Options: red line color, 1SB package, 1 sport pkg, 1 luxury pkg, 3.6L v6, auto trans, AQ9 seat front bkt?, sunroof. To many packages! The quote was with my $1500.GM financing off the total without tax/lic. $36,040...There was a destination charge included for $695. Should I tell them to knock off some of that fee? I could sure use your help if this board is not dead.
  • bazohimbabazohimba Member Posts: 14
    Your price seems high. Go to the pricing part of Edmunds, put in the options, and see what the invoice price is. You should get the car for a bit over invoice. The dealer will make $700 from holdback, so he's not losing a lot. There are so many cars out there you should be able to get a good deal. Search inventories in your state for, say a 100 mile radius. Find the car you want and talk directly to the internet sales person

bazohimba
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    Bazo's advice above is right on target. Search inventories on-line ....find several target vehicles.... negotiate the price. Huge discounts are currently available on CTS.
    I'm sure this sounds dumb, but where do I go to find these inventories that you and Bazo's are talking about? I have looked at Edmunds and Kelly BB. I would appreciate it if you could explain how. Also, are the discounts on the CTS because it is not that great of a car. I am worried about the longevity of an American made car (ouch!). I have always owned Hondas. They last forever but are not real comfortable. Thanks for the help.
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    Every Cad. dealer will have a web site. Go to each dealers web site & you will find "search our inventory" or similiar. Re. your 2nd question: In recent years, I have owned BMW. Infinity, Acura, & Honda and would not consider any American car. Then I test drove CTS. WOW!!!!
    A dynamite car in all respects. Only had mine since 2/25 but loving every mile in it.
    Thanks again for the help.I haven't driven a CTS yet, but I just think I am ready for this car. I am just a little worried about getting the car for a fair price. I had a Mits.3000 GT and paid about $28,000 back in 97 (I think maybe more) and it didn't hold up at all. Took a huge loss on trade in for my Civic. I will be going to a Cad. lot this week and I have talked to the internet guy and he's the one that gave me the quote for 36,000. I guess I should tell him LOWER!!!?? I will check out the dealers websites though.I didn't know how to do that. By the way: Are the front seats comfortable on LONG drives? I am not very tall but the seats in the Hondas are to short. The Avalon has the new seat extender that is great but I don't like the looks of that car that much. Trade in seems to be poor for it also. Anymore info is greatly appreciated.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I purchased a 2005 CTS December 26,04. The seats are very comfortable for me and I am 6ft 5"
    I think you will love the car. I have 5,000 miles on mine and I love the way it drives and handles. It is very fast with the 3.6 engine and the five speed auto transmission that is standard. I just checked on a second one and the list was 34,000 and they will come off 3,500.
    sounds great! did your quote include any of the LUXURY Packages, sports pkg, etc.? I like the better seats that came with the luxory pack. Or if you can tell me exactly what the car did come with? I will check them out today. Here in Sacramento they are listing the automatic trans as an option,color is another dumb option. It would interesting to hear more from you or anyone else who has just purchased a CTS. I really appreciate the info about the seats. I am 5'4'' but I want a comfy seat and this sounds good. Thanks again.
  • dandjnixdandjnix Member Posts: 3
    My husband was totally thrilled by the CTS that the dealership let us "use/test" on his birthday, then when we went into drop it off, I saw a demo SRX that I really like. I am one of those wackos that likes the thrill of the purchase and got really excited about the opportunity to see what type of deal we could get if we bought two caddies in one big swoop. I'm wondering if that's not such a good thing? I am negotiating with the dealership now. The CTS, we don't need the sport package but we'd really like to have the sunroof, heated seats, and the luxury package. As for the SRX, it is a 2005 that has demo mileage on it...stickered for $53,000. I'm not used to the absolute no lower than the sticker that they are telling us the CTS is bringing. (we bought our tahoe for $11,000 off of sticker!!! without even trying!!!)
    What do you think is reasonable on these vehicles?
    They will not come off a Cadillac like a Tahoe. I purchased a Suburban and they came off 10,000, but it is a different ball-game with a Cadillac.
    Can someone who has recently bought a CTS tell me if there are any special incentives going right now? I live in Tennessee.
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    There are lease incentives of 2500 cap cost reduction and 1000 hot button bonus cash. For a purchase it is just the bonus cash and low rates. I'm in a different region, so I can't say for certain, but that's what it is in PA.
    Thanks for the information danf1.
    A TV reporter is hoping to talk with someone who wants to purchase a Cadillac. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info by May 31, 2005.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • gregd1gregd1 Member Posts: 38
    i took a quick peek at the GM Employee Discount price for a cts. they had 3 models. luxury sport, standard 1sa, standard 1sb. the cheapest is the standard 1sa at 28,856.05. when i go to edmunds and look at the cts 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 6M) the prices are
    MSRP $30,190
    Invoice $27,926

what is the deal????
    i know there could be some option differences, but I would expect like a 10,000 difference.

for the saab 93 Linear the deal is 22,681.00.
    edmunds has the prices at MSRP 26,850 / Invoice $25,330
  • cadigirlcadigirl Member Posts: 5
    I'm considering buying a 2005 CTS. I would like to know from current CTS owners how the car runs in snow.
    I drove mine all winter last year with the stock tires and went fine. This year I will probably get a set of Blizzaks for it because I'm sure my tires will be worn a good bit by the time snow starts falling. I live in a hilly area and drive about 20 miles each way to and from work.
    Thanks so much for the reply. By the way, what are Blizzaks? Also, what year is your CTS.

I currently own a '98 Eldorado and love it. It's my second Eldorado in the last 12 years. Since the Eldorado is now a car of the past, I thought I would try a CTS. I drove one and it seems like a wonderful car.

Do you have any other comments about the CTS?

Does anyone else out there have any comments about the CTS?
    Blizzaks are snow tires. From everybody that I've talked to they make a huge difference on any car, but particularly on a rear wheel drive.

I'm on my second CTS now. Both have been 2005 models. I traded my first one because I got tired of driving an automatic. I've got no complaints about the car.
    Just wanted to make one more request to current CTS owners as to any comments they care to make about the car. I'm probably going to buy one in the next couple of weeks and would like to hear any pros or cons. Thank you.
    Try posting in the CTS forum or the Entry level luxury performance sedans forum. You are in a prices paid discussion which isn't the most active one around.
  • davehaledavehale Member Posts: 1
    I took delivery of my '05 CTS three weeks ago and I am in love with this car. I am 33, and this is my 16th car and I have to say that its my favorite hands down. We took it down to LA this weekend on 5 and it was tight, quick, smooth and just a pleasure. I get fatigued on long car trips sometimes and when I got to LA on Friday I felt fresh and ready to roll. Seriously, this car is just cool. Quality is exceptional and the performance is excellent. I would recommend it to anyone, especially someone around my age.
  • cscowden23cscowden23 Member Posts: 8
    I am looking at a 2005 CTS-V right now. I am hoping to take advantage of the Employee Pricing. Is anyone aware of additional rebates on the CTS-V currently? What is a reasonable sticker price to pay? I know these cars are hard to come by. Anyone purchased one lately? What should I expect to pay with $0 down? Any help is appreciated. It looks liek a great car.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Were you motivated to go car- or truck-shopping because of the employee discount deals? If so, a reporter wants to talk with you.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 9, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• scoutdonnascoutdonna Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    My fiance is looking to buy a CTS-V and is a long time Cadillac owner. He wants the sunroof as an option. Can anyone advise on rebates or prices they've paid recently? (August 05)
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,471
    At least on paper, Cadillac now offers a 6-speed manual with either V-6 on the CTS. Has anyone had any luck in locating one? I can't. Thanks. If anyone knows of a dealer in the San Francisco area that stocks them, that would be especially helpful. Thannks again.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

Chris, You don't need to be concerned with what a good sticker price is. GM has made it simple. You have the list price on the window sticker. GM give you the employee price. The beauty of it is that it does not make any difference which dealer you go to, price wise, because the price is the same anywhere. I was at a Nashville Cadillace dealer yesterday. I asked him about inventory. They have bought Cadillacs from other dealers because their inventory is so low. Go on the GM.com website and go to Cadillac and dealer locator. Type in your zip code. It will pull up all the Cadillac dealers in your area. Look at the inventory. It is a fast way to find what you are looking for. Your problem is going to be low inventory. Compare the different stickers (you can pull up the window sticker for each car online) and decide how loaded out you want it to be.
    It is too bad that you are not in the Nashville area. There is a dealer who has one that has been setting on the lot since last Thanksgiving. No one wants them. I checked with a dealer about how much I would lose on trade if I bought it. He said it would cost me $3,000. I would really like to have the 6 speed but I would not buy it because of resale. A stick is not where most Cadillac people are.
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,471
    Yeah, I think you're right. I was hoping that the success of the CTS-V might have gotten people interested in other stick shift CTS's. It would have given me a chance to have what I need (a reasonably roomy sedan) and what I want (a stick). I know I have other choices, but the CTS was looking like a pretty good candidate.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

They are out there. I bught one 2 months ago. As far as trade value is concerned, just lease it. Then it is the banks problem and not yours.
  • cscowden23cscowden23 Member Posts: 8
    The people at Sewell Cadillac in Dallas have been great. They are working with me to locate the CTS-V in the color i wanted. I am really amazed at what they can do. Can't wait to close the deal next week. Test drove today and wow! That car is awesome.
  • mrjones1mrjones1 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at a 2005 CTS (3.8L with luxury pckg and moonroof); it's a dealer demo with 6,000 miles on it. It's already discountred down to emlpoyee price, and the dealer is willing to take another $2,000 off since it's a demo. Is this a fair reduction for a demo car? Seems to me like it should be reduced a couple thousand more since it has so many miles on it and since the 2006's are already out. Am I being unreasonable, or is the dealer trying to milk me a little?