Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am looking at a 2005 CTS-V right now. I am hoping to take advantage of the Employee Pricing. Is anyone aware of additional rebates on the CTS-V currently? What is a reasonable sticker price to pay? I know these cars are hard to come by. Anyone purchased one lately? What should I expect to pay with $0 down? Any help is appreciated. It looks liek a great car.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Were you motivated to go car- or truck-shopping because of the employee discount deals? If so, a reporter wants to talk with you.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 9, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hi all,
    My fiance is looking to buy a CTS-V and is a long time Cadillac owner. He wants the sunroof as an option. Can anyone advise on rebates or prices they've paid recently? (August 05)
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,355
    At least on paper, Cadillac now offers a 6-speed manual with either V-6 on the CTS. Has anyone had any luck in locating one? I can't. Thanks. If anyone knows of a dealer in the San Francisco area that stocks them, that would be especially helpful. Thannks again.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    Chris, You don't need to be concerned with what a good sticker price is. GM has made it simple. You have the list price on the window sticker. GM give you the employee price. The beauty of it is that it does not make any difference which dealer you go to, price wise, because the price is the same anywhere. I was at a Nashville Cadillace dealer yesterday. I asked him about inventory. They have bought Cadillacs from other dealers because their inventory is so low. Go on the GM.com website and go to Cadillac and dealer locator. Type in your zip code. It will pull up all the Cadillac dealers in your area. Look at the inventory. It is a fast way to find what you are looking for. Your problem is going to be low inventory. Compare the different stickers (you can pull up the window sticker for each car online) and decide how loaded out you want it to be.
    It is too bad that you are not in the Nashville area. There is a dealer who has one that has been setting on the lot since last Thanksgiving. No one wants them. I checked with a dealer about how much I would lose on trade if I bought it. He said it would cost me $3,000. I would really like to have the 6 speed but I would not buy it because of resale. A stick is not where most Cadillac people are.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,355
    Yeah, I think you're right. I was hoping that the success of the CTS-V might have gotten people interested in other stick shift CTS's. It would have given me a chance to have what I need (a reasonably roomy sedan) and what I want (a stick). I know I have other choices, but the CTS was looking like a pretty good candidate.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• danf1danf1 Posts: 935
    They are out there. I bught one 2 months ago. As far as trade value is concerned, just lease it. Then it is the banks problem and not yours.
  • The people at Sewell Cadillac in Dallas have been great. They are working with me to locate the CTS-V in the color i wanted. I am really amazed at what they can do. Can't wait to close the deal next week. Test drove today and wow! That car is awesome.
  • I'm looking at a 2005 CTS (3.8L with luxury pckg and moonroof); it's a dealer demo with 6,000 miles on it. It's already discountred down to emlpoyee price, and the dealer is willing to take another $2,000 off since it's a demo. Is this a fair reduction for a demo car? Seems to me like it should be reduced a couple thousand more since it has so many miles on it and since the 2006's are already out. Am I being unreasonable, or is the dealer trying to milk me a little?
  • panzerpanzer Posts: 125
    I just bought a new 2005 CTS the last day of June. Based on my experience with this car and many previous ones, some bought as demos, I would look at your demo as needing to be discounted about 6 month's payments (6000 miles is about average for 6 months of use), plus a reasonable downpayment, say $2000. To my way of thinking, that works out to about $5500 to $6000 total, off of employee discount.
  • panzerpanzer Posts: 125
    Before I bought my 05 CTS (3.6 automatic) in June, I looked at probably 80 or more CTS' at three dealers in Denver. Not one of the 3.6's was a stick. There was only two 2.8's and one was a stick, and all of the CTS-V's were 6-speeds (there were many, over 20 of them). One dealer said not to buy a 2.8 because there was some problem with the engines. After stopping by a month later at the same dealer that sold me my car (he had about 30 CTS previously), he has only two 05 3.6's and about a dozen 05 V's. I get the impression that they sold a boatload of CTS with the employee discount program.

As a long-time gearhead, I can understand the desire for a 6 speed car, but there is no way I can live with one as my primary transportation, given the demands of cell phones, traffic, etc. The car with the automatic is delightful. I have the sport package. The closest car I am familiar with that has similar handling is the BMW 330i, which the CTS will smoke in a drag race. For a car that rides as well and as quietly as the CTS, it sets up in a fast corner very nicely, reminiscent of BMW. Also, the steering and brakes are pretty fair. The snob appeal in my neighborhood does not seem to match BMW or Mercedes, but at least the CTS is a lot less common around here. My only reservation is the snow performance, but with the inherent balance, I expect it will be fine with the proper tires fitted.

That said, your best bet is to order an 06 the way you want it and shoot for the best price you can get, knowing what the going rate on 05's is. There is not enough new on the 06 to make it more desireable, so I dont think you should have a lot of trouble getting a decent quote for an ordered car. Dont be surprised if they make you give a non-refundable deposit though, because very few other people walk into a Caddy dealership looking to shift for themselves. That was clear by the wealth of 6 speed V's sitting on the lot collecting dust with even deeper discounts than the 3.6's. The V would be fun for a few weeks, but I dont think I would be able to keep my foot out of it, which would lead to unwanted attention from the law. It is more fun to go fast in a slow car than it is to go slow in a fast car.
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,916
    driving a 6-speed in traffic is difficult with a cellphone. i tend to avoid doing it especially since i am still getting used to the car (GTO). my 25 years of honed Z28 driving skills don't really map well to the GTO - it's way different. but better! if i am on the phone and need to shift, oh well, i just shift with the phone in my hand too, so much for the conversation - first things first.
    in case all you folks don't know yet - for 2006 the CTS-V will have an automatic trans option - as well as LS2 engine.
    a dude at work has an XLR. he said he bought it at a chevy dealer that just added the cadillac franchise too. he admits that he is very picky but is not fully pleased with his dealership. i can probably get more details from him if others are interested , but probably i'd have to plant that info on "XLR buying experience" thread instead, if there is one. i'll probably suggest to him that he visit edmunds.com himself and tell us all what's what with his XLR.
  • I have an offer in writing for an '06 CTS with luxury package and power sunroof, no other options.

Offer is for $35,628. With the SmartBuy incentive, botom line price is $33,378, plus TTL.

Is this a good deal? Should I try for better at same dealer or elsewhere?
  • surge1surge1 Posts: 8
    Hi, in the market for 2006 CTS 3.6L automatic. I wonder what kind of deals people are getting to lease this car w/ the employee purchase program.

Thank you.
  • I purchased an '05 CTS in early July and have had to have the catalytic converter replaced 2 weeks after purchase due to the check engine soon light coming on. Two weeks after that, I had to have the shift differential replaced and am now having to have it replaced a second time due to grinding noises when backing up and make turns. Has anyone else out there experienced anything like this with an '05 CTS? Sounds to me like I have a lemon. I would appreciate any comments.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,703
    This is a pricing discussion..

You might get more replies if you re-post here: Cadillac CTS

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thank you. My error. I re-posted the message.
  • I'd get rid of it. Sounds like similar trouble I've had. I purchased a Chevy Impala LS facory ordered and fully loaded and it's been a lemon ever since. It's been back and forth to the dealer on numerous occasions under GM warranty repairs and I've taken it back two times under my extended warranty! Had I known it before, you can take your new car back to the dealer and trade it for another one, but there's a time limit. Check the lemon law rules in your state. Cadillac repairs cost way too much to chance having to make on your own once your warranties are up. I'm getting ready to purchase a new CTS, but I plan to get the 06 model because I was told that I shouldn't buy a first year car. Anyway, good luck with your car.
    I have an 05 CTS with 13,000 miles on it. It is my wife's car. I drove it last night for the first time in a long time and it has this low roaring sound which has to be the tires. They are Goodyear tires. They are not running out of alignment. Has anyone had this? The car runs quiet and the sound is very annoying.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Hi temj12,
    Since this discussion focuses on pricing, please re-post your question in our regular Cadillac CTS topic, where other owners hang out. Since it doesn't seem to be a vehicle-specific question, you might actually have better luck in our Tires, tires, tires discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jeepemjeepem Posts: 10
    Hello to all,

I just got a 2003 CTS, dark blue, moonroof, bose speakers, certified car, i think it had both the luxury and sport upgrades. It has the wood on the steering wheel and shifter, if that matters. 45K miles, but like I said, good for 100K. The only thing missing was the nav.
    Got it for just under $20,000, plus TTL.

I think I did good. What do you think?
  • I think you did very well. Last May, I looked at several certified cars (this was pre employee discount, pre new value pricing) and nearly bought a 2003 CTS for $26K w/ nearly 30K miles on it. I think you should make sure that it has all the recall work done on it, but that's a discussion for another forum.
  • herc76herc76 Posts: 52
    I was looking at a 03 CTS and it is priced on-line at $22,770 and it has only 23,988 miles on it. It has the (I beleive) the Bose speakers, it is two-toned black and gray, and is the wood package. I am trading in a 02 TL (72,466 miles) and was appraised by both Carmax and another dealership. Carmax was willing to give me $11000 and the dealership where the CTS is located will give me $12000. I was only able to get them down to $22,200 and after that they wouldn't budge a bit. Do anyone think this a good deal?
  • Just leased the 06 caddy cts sport edition. I believe the sticker was 38.6 or so. I leased the vehicle with the price being GMS (dealer was calling in a favor he said?), gave buy rate of 3.95%, doc fee of 398, whatever the acqu fee is thru gmac, i think 695. did 27mths, paid first payment and around 75 for registration, etc. payment came out to 471 month which includes sales tax of 3%. 12K miles/yr. 3100 in rebates included (auto show, march madness and dealer cash) I think the residual was 60%, can't remember. Only had it a few days but the sport package is the only way to go. looks more like a v series but way less money and the perf is pretty good.
  • Marketing Support
    $2000 Cash to Dealer start: 04/05/2006 end: 07/05/2006
    Restrictions None.
    Comments Incentives may vary see your local dealer for details
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Posts: 195
    Manufacturer to Dealer

Marketing Support
    $3000 Cash to Dealer start: 05/12/2006 end: 07/05/2006 Restrictions None.
    Comments Incentives may vary; see your local dealer for details.
  • gonzomangonzoman Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm the $3000 Factory to Dealer? Has anyone made a deal or received a quote that verifies it?

Thanks
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    I'm getting $5,000 support on a 2006 STS,if that's any help...
  • waltkanwaltkan Posts: 6
    I would appreciate any feedback/opinions on this deal I'm working on:

2006 3.6L Black CTS Ebony Int.
    w/Auto Trans, Luxury Pkg, Sunroof, Upgraded Sound System

MSRP 38,190

This is a Dealer Demo with 3700 miles on it, sold as new so XM and OnStar etc. are included.

They are offering this car at $31990.
    Edmunds TMV for this car brand new is $33,494.

One other thing I have to consider is that this is an internet deal and I would have to fly to the city and drive back home, around 500 miles. They did say they would do "something" to help with the airfare.

So what do you guys think? Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks in Advance!

Walt