Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35/M45 2006+

Comments

• rangerwalkerrangerwalker Member Posts: 18
    I have a deposit on an M35x, based on the following lease:
    MSRP: $50,360
    Cap Cost: $49,700
    MF: .00188 (with no security deposit - I believe it would be slightly lower with a security deposit).
    Term: 39 Months
    Residual: 59%
    Nothing down
    NJ Tax: 6%
    Monthly payment: $699 (including tax)

Still considering the A6.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    The reason is very simple -- I want an AWD car.

Moreover, here in Cincinnati, TODAY, the price of gasoline has risen to $2.35 a gallon and one year ago it was said (on the radio news program I was listening to during lunch) to have been $1.64 a gallon. Another increase is also expected.

Now, PERHAPS if there happened to be an M45x, I might consider it. But after three Audi V8s in a row followed by a 2.7T turbo (none of them being particularly miserly with fuel), I simply assume the M45 while being more powerful would also be more thirsty.

Finally, I have driven the M35x and the Audi 3.2 (and a Mercedes with their 3.2 and a Cadillac CTS with their 3.6 V6 and ditto an SRX) and the M35x "feels" like the most powerful 6 in the land. Only my current 2.7T MANUAL transmission Audi allroad feels "in the same league" with respect to its "quickness!"

So, the answer reverts to, "AWD." And, if the Audi 3.2 would be in line, cost wise with the M35x, my long term experience and loyalty, to say nothing of that "little extra something" that German cars seem to have (in terms of driving), would probably make me stay loyal to Audi.

At this point, I feel the M35x is seriously competitive with the Audi (and even if you think "one is prettier" than the other) in terms of features, functions -- content -- etc. The M35x carves up my favorite twisty secondary roads with aplomb (as does the A6).

Frankly my issues, stated long and repeatedly, have to do with the Audi marketing component expressed via their leasing program -- they have lost their edge. Technologically, I have to give some credit to Audi for perhaps having a superbly engineered car that perhaps in some ways is superior to the M35x. Then, however I get behind the wheel of each one of them and I can't find the extra $$$ the Audi seems to command. And, as if that isn't bad enough to rattle this loyal Audi driver, a more expensive BMW can be had for less than the Audi too.

If I thought that the Audi was CLEARLY and obviously superior, well, the issue of the marketing of the product via the lease program would diminish and perhaps be completely wiped away. But, this M is a serious upgrade and places the M into "German-like" capability (and I know some of the posters here will argue surpasses the Audi -- and the BMW [and they will even cite the Motor Trend Comparo where the Audi was beaten by the BMW which was beaten by both the Acrua RL and the M35] -- I cannot go THAT far.) Yet, I can go so far as to say the inherent goodness of the M35x (and while I'm at it even the Cadillac CTS and SRX) rivals, and rivals easily the Audi A6.

The fact that the Audi A6 has a rival (IMO) or rivals is (again IMO) something that hasn't happened, uh, er -- EVER. The fact that the rivals are from Japan and the US is remarkable -- and an indication that competition is indeed good for the breed, market and individual consumer, like you and me.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    "The reason is very simple -- I want an AWD car. "

Ah - how could I forget.
    "My Bad"
    - Ray
    Served my time in that sort of climate - not again, if The Good Lord's Willin' - and the Creek Don't Rise . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • richcreamrichcream Member Posts: 205
    ...and the M35x "feels" like the most powerful 6 in the land.

Absolutely, the M is explosive. Perhaps it "feels" even moreso because of the growl it emits when accelerating, but in any case it makes the A6 3.2 feel rather sluggish in comparison.

Then, however I get behind the wheel of each one of them and I can't find the extra $$$ the Audi seems to command.

I guess you are referring to a lease, because the last time I checked you could get the A6 3.2 for less than, or at most, the same as the M35x (even though the Audi's invoice is higher than the M's) because Infiniti really isn't backing off of the inflated MSRP due to current demand and fanfare.

I wish Audi had made the A6 3.2 just a bit faster, my decision would have been made already. The only aspect of the Infiniti that I have any reservations about (other than what I deemed as it's somewhat garish yellow-orange nighttime dash buttons + clock) is the noise factor. I fear that the loudness of the engine will overshadow the greater speed and leave me wishing for something quieter, if a little slower...like the A6.
  • stebrostebro Member Posts: 21
    I drove the Audi A6 and liked it but I'm put off by the frequency of repair records of Audis (along with MB and BMW) compared to Lexus and Infiniti. While I don't love the big multifunction knobs on the Infiniti and Acura, I was disappointed that, unlike the Infiniti and Acura, the Lexus GS lacks total voice activation for the navigation system. Also, because the Lexus system requires touch screen entries, it can't be programed while the car is moving (which I find very inconvenient). I have to try the Infiniti system some more at the dealer to be sure it works smoothly (nothing more frustrating than a voice system that keeps misunderstanding). If all works well, I definitely give the technology edge to Infiniti over Lexus.
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    "M35x "feels" like the most powerful 6 in the land."

If the shoe fits :) I really expected more out of Audi's new FSI V6 than it delivered. As I've said before, the 2.7T S-line can take it to the cleaners. That 280hp VR6 that is on the way for the VW Passat, I assume that will become a middle engine option for the new A6?
    I share your apparent confusion, perhaps not [non-permissible content removed] for tat, but I am still struggling with this issue. If I order either car and the lead times are between 90 and 100 days, I must do something by about the third week of April.

It must be "German guilt" -- or something like that -- that still makes me drawn (although I think I'd recover if I go the Infiniti way) to the Audi, despite what my "left brain" tells me.

But stop the presses -- Edmund's just sent me an email of their test report of the new BMW 530xi -- I'm doomed!
    Edmund's just sent me an email of their test report of the new BMW 530xi -- I'm doomed!

I just read it too mark...6.4 sec to 60 mph...

Hill ascent and descent feature....

I'm pretty sure it said it can be RWD and shifts up to 100% of the power to a single wheel? That sounds as good or better than the M35x...

But alas, the interior is still ugly and useless.

What's this lexusguy? New, more powerful engine for the A6? When? Dear God, when?
    Certainly not this year. I'm far from a VW follower, but everytime a magazine showcases the new Passat, they mention a 280hp VR6 engine thats eventually supposed to make its way into the engine bay. Nobody has said anything, but it seems only logical to me that this engine will either replace, or slot above the 3.1L direct injection 6 thats in there now. A Passat shouldnt be faster than an A6.
  • apintsapints Member Posts: 18
    Today I drove the M35x, Audi 3.2 and the Acura RL. Before I get into specifics, I was helped by three of the dumbest salesmen on the face of the earth. They did not know how to work the electronics on any of the cars. The Acura demonstrator had a dead battery and instead of getting another car, I waited till he jumped it.
    What was said on this forum turns out to be true. You could fall asleep driving the Acura and the Audi was stiff as a board. And this is coming from someone who drives a 530I. I noticed the acceleration lag on the Audi and was upsetting by the end of the test.
    Quoted the following on equally equipted cars without negotiation for 15K, 36 mos and 0 down, not including taxes, except inceptions:
    M35x $713 (Journey and Tech)
    Audi $755
    Acura $760
    No doubt the bang for the buck is the M35X. It had the pep and the toys I wanted.
    Has anyone got other lease quotes?
    How did you feel about the power in the RL? According to magazine tests, the A6 3.2 is slow, but the RL isnt much if any faster.
  • apintsapints Member Posts: 18
    I couldn't tell much of a difference between the RL and the Audi. The Audi's acceleration lag made it seem slower than the Acura. The M35X blew then both away. I took a curve at 50 mph and there was little or no sway. Now I have to find the best price.
    I think the A6 3.2 is pretty much dead in the water for me now. The luxury and smooth, quiet ride just can't overcome my 23yr-old need for speed. Don't get me wrong, I know the M35x is no hot rod, but for the love of speed, I just can't justify dropping $50K+ on a car that can't do 60 in under 7 seconds...

How's the 4.2? Pretty weak as V8s go, I would imagine. I've driven it, and it feels as fast as the M35x is, maybe a bit moreso. So that's $50K+ for the M35x or just about $56K+ for the A6 4.2??? Hmmmm. Any feedback?...because I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here.
    Its the traditional Quattro power sapping poundage. The previous A6 was always a good second or so behind the competition as well. Still, the new 4.2 makes some 330hp now, doesnt it? For just 4.2L, thats pretty good.
  • sirdarby1sirdarby1 Member Posts: 36
    I drove the M45 today and I'm not feeling 50K+.
    Once the hype wears off, lots will be full of them
    unless they deeply discount.

Look at the G35 and you'll see what I mean. Infiniti's marketing dept. IMHO does not stick to its guns when it comes to shunning the bargain basement tactics to sell. Sure, it's a great car, thay all are. But Audi and Leus have classic styling that will last for years to come and they place a premium on it. I saw an older Audi A8 today and even in its boxy style it still looked elegant. The new M45 and RL both have flash in the pan styling that won't age well. Infiniti looks like a Mitsubishi; RL looks like a old school Mazda 626.
  • mariner7mariner7 Member Posts: 509
    Everyone's entitled to his opinion, but just a few facts. What about G35? It handily outsells 'classic-looking' A4, while having much better residual values. If G35 is flash in the pan, what is A4? Yeh, Lexus has classic look, is that why they wanted a new look for GS/IS?

I expect M45 to do to A6 what G35's doing to A4.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    From today's LA Times, Infiniti of Mission Viejo (infinitimv.com)

Lease a new 2006 Infiniti M35 $499.35 per month plus tax. (3 at this payment) includes Journey package.

42 month closed end lease
    total to start due at lease signing $5,103.66
    based on 10K miles per year, 15 cnets per mile thereafter
    I have to agree with Mariner. Regardless of if you like the styling of the M or not, Infiniti wont have any trouble moving them off the lot. Your G35 comparison is a bad example, it continues to sell well and hold its value, while competition from say Lexus, who you claim has timeless styling (yeah, right) is the poorly selling IS300.
  • marko7marko7 Member Posts: 63
    Can one of the new M owners comment on the real service interval?

When I test-drove the M35x, I saw an interval of 3,750 miles for oil change displayed on the screen. Later back at the dealership I mentioned to the sales manager that this interval was pretty short, and he said that "it would be twice that (7,500 miles) with synthetic oil." Was this a blunt sales tactic, or does the owner's manual confirm that? Perhaps the first oil change is recommended after engine break-in at 3,750 miles; does the subsequent interval extend to 7,500 miles?

This is an area of concern because I do not feel like going to the dealer every 3,750 miles. As I recall, my 1994 Toyota Camry had a standard service interval of 7,500 miles, with half that under extreme driving conditions. My 1988 Volvo S70 GLT has a 5,000 mile interval, and my Mercedes ML320 reaches 12,000+ miles on average with its Flexible Service System.
  • undecided7undecided7 Member Posts: 92
    I went to the Infinit dealer near my home today to see the "Costco invoice" and sure enough, I was quoted invoice + $2,500. Thus for a fully equipped M35x (with Premium Package) the out the door price is just north of $51K which also includes spash guards and trunk mat (these 2 were just addded in by the dealer, I'm not sure if I'll get the trunk mat but will most likely get the splash guards).

So the dealer stood by his word when he told me via phone last week that "I'd save thousands". The nice thing is that it is a no haggle price, so not bad consering most everyone on this board is paying MSRP if they are purchasing outright.

My final thoughts after convincing the dealer to take a longer drive to get a true feel of the car is that it is a very powerful car, great fit, finish, and feel, but as others have said on this board the growl is a bit noisy and I wonder over the long term if that is just a bit too much noise to keep enduring. On one hand it is nice to hear the growl as you unleash the power, but I can see how it could get old really quick. I'd appreciate any input for people that have already taken delivery and are driving the M35x on the noise factor.
  • cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    The M35 has the same engine as the G35, which I own. I have about 36K on my sedan, and have been using Mobil 1 since somewhere around 10K. I have been doing service intervals about every 5K. The G35 manual doesn't talk about synthetic AFAIK, but the two service intervals are for either mostly highway driving and long trips, or "severe" top and go driving and short trips.
  • marko7marko7 Member Posts: 63
    Does the invoice+$2.5k price include the destination charge? Just trying to confirm this is what you meant by the "out the door" price.
  • kfhmailkfhmail Member Posts: 199
    My local dealer finally got in his first Ms and I went to look at them last night.

I like the exterior very much. The interior looks good except for the cheap looking (IMO) center dash especially the "white" buttons.

Did not see the dash with the lights on so...can anyone tell me...do the "white" buttons light up (orange) all the time, or just when the lights or on (night time)? The pictures in the brochure shows the white buttons as orange.

The picture looked OK if the "white" buttons are lit...otherwise is looks very cheap.

Infiniti messed up on the center dash...

I am 6'1" and the headroom in front seemed OK...but was too low in the back.

Hope to go drive a M35 soon.
  • funguyfunguy Member Posts: 11
    Gang,

Currently in an Avalon and considerin the M35. Taalked to a friend the other day who has a Lexus and he was quoted $1500. for the 60k checkup! I know the service you get is what you paid for and you are paying for loadners, etc...but $1500. seems a bit much. My Toyota dealer does an excellent job on service and he offers Lexus service as well. he is now getting a lot of Lexus business.

Is the Infiniti service pricing similar to the Lexus???
    Yes, invoice + $2.5K includes destination. Meaning you take base invoice + destination + inovoice pricing of any options you want and then add on $2.5K. That's it. Although you end up saving almost $3K off MSRP, as an accountant and economist I still see money left on the table and I have a hard time reconciling that....
  • nofearsnofears Member Posts: 6
    The white buttons on the dash stay white (non-illuminated) until you turn on the headlights and then they take on a slight amber color (which is very nice BTW).

They do not look cheap in my mind at all when non-illuminated (of course I am biased because I own an M35 Sport). I feel that the layout of the button is done so very thoughtfully, that the "look" is very sophisticated and their functionality was the idea by design.

Everyone who has seen or been in my car were in awe at its "technological" and "sophisticated" appearance inside and out.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    Took delivery late afternoon yesterday of my M35 sport with tech. and journey pkgs. I'm still getting acquainted and used to all its features. Thus far my intiial impression is very favorable as to its solidity, quality and fun to drive factor(s). A few things I don't quite like are: no auto door locking feature when car is placed in gear, some limitations on seat adjustments for front passenger seat and no sun shade for rear windows (I do have dealer window tint, however). The nav. system is intuative and has multiple redundant ways to control its functions namely with steering wheel controls or center scroll dial or mardked buttons. All the electronics so far reveal no malfunctions. I happen to really like the exhaust note and do not find it the least intrusive or the ride on the sport harsh.

The instrumentation and ergonomics are great as well as classy and tasteful. I realize that THIS is subjective.
  • scashman1scashman1 Member Posts: 10
    I test drove a M35 Sport yesterday and got the following lease quote:

- M35 Sport, Tech package, Journey package, DVD Entertainment package, MSRP $50,830
    - $749/month, 12K/year, 48 months, $0 down, $0 security, 1st month/docs/license at delivery.

I wan't a bad quote (from what I can tell so far), but I'm looking some more.
  • hclllhclll Member Posts: 35
    I was originally planning to buy a TL. Was very impressed by the M35's driving dynamics and interior ergonomics. The M35 interior is the best I have ever seen, and it blows Audi and BMW away!

As money is a big factor for me, I am wondering if any dealer really has base M35 which doesn't come with any package, so I can limit my spending to $40k for the car.

Anybody had experience?
  • abyaby Member Posts: 1
    The Infiniti web site lists the phones that are compatible with the bluetooth system in the car and I was wondering if it is possible to configure other bluetooth phones (like the treo 650) so that they can be used as well.
    Does anyone know?

Thanks
  • scashman1scashman1 Member Posts: 10
    Undecided7,

Let me know the details of your Costco purchase or lease when it happens. I'm working on leasing a M35 Sport with Technology/Journey/Entertainment and have thought about Costco. If it works, I might give it a try.

The best I could do so far is MSRP of $50,830 and $749/month, 12K, 48 months, $0 down, taxes included. Thanks again.
    Have you tried the G35? It uses the same engine and platform as the M, and comes in at $37K loaded.
    scashman1, I will most likely order my M35x this week as I am waiting on the dealer to tell me what additional items come with the premium package for $9,047 vs. buying the journey and technology packages and adding the DVD mobile entertainment system for only $7,200 (thus saving about $1,800 bucks). As of now, the only 3 additional items that come with the premium package are the rear power sunshade, rear passanger HVAC controls and rear heated power seats. I'm not sure if these 3 items alone justify another $1,800 dollars so I've asked the dealer to tell me if there is anything else that the premium package comes with that I'm not aware of. In reading the brochure, this seems to be the only difference, but I'll let him get back to me.

To answer your question though, the details of the purchase are this: $51,283 + sales tax for the M35x with Premium package, splash guards, and trunk mat. Or an easier way to look at it would be $2,500 + invoice cost. You can find invoice prices at many places, but for Costco, it is at www.costcoauto.com and if you click on research, you will be able to see the invoice and MSRP pricing for almost any car.

I hope this helps. As stated above, I've finally made a decision and am going with the M35x. For this price I am getting a lot more for my money and it is much more FUN to drive than a Mercedes (the other car I was looking at). I don't need to impress anyone but myself and thus am going with the Infinit.
  • c327c327 Member Posts: 3
    What is the Costco Auto Program and how does it work? Is this Costco price a good price. Will dealers honor or beat this price?
    Thanks......
    Hello all,

I see folks here mention the Costco Auto Prices. How does these prices work? Are these Costco prices a good deal? Will dealers when confronted with the Costco price honor it.

Someone mentioned something about adding $2500 to the invoice price? Why $2500.?

How do I figure what the final price would be. The total invoice price of the car I priced out came to 41,379.00 with shipping but no tax.

Thanks............
    Ok so the Costco auto price is some where between invoice and MSRP. I ordered an M35 with the journey and navigation package and will be paying $2300 over invoice plus tax (no doc fees). I'm in New Jersey.

I did speak to one other Infiniti dealer and he said he sells them for full sticker price plus tax plus all that other stuff like doc fees etc.

This M35 that I am buying lists for $45,260. with shipping, plus tax and other fees. I will be paying $43,546.50 plus tax with no other fees. I do not belong to Costco and have no idea if this is a good price or not. I went for the deal because most dealers I spoke with get MSRP for this car.

Thanks.......
  • elevatorshaftelevatorshaft Member Posts: 5
    I just tested the M35x this weekend. Also tested the audi A6, Acura RL and Lexus GS300. Although the Lexus was an elegant ride, it was simply too sluggish compared to the rest. The Audi A6 (I drove the 6 cyl) was a nice ride, but also was far less lively than the M35x and RL. I am stuck between these two. Anyone care to opine on these two as a comparison? I need professional help!
  • infinitiminfinitim Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am in New Jersey as well and am very seriously shopping for a M35x. Do you mind telling me which dealer in NJ gave you this deal ($2300 over invoice.)

Thanks much.
  • kmg68kmg68 Member Posts: 108
    "As money is a big factor for me, I am wondering if any dealer really has base M35 which doesn't come with any package, so I can limit my spending to $40k for the car:

I know that my local dealership here in Atlanta has a base model-white w/tan leather on their lot. I believe this is the only base model they have.
  • elevatorshaftelevatorshaft Member Posts: 5
    I tested both this past weekend. My 8 year old liked the RL (back seat, but need more input :-). I found both cars to be an outstanding presentation of performance, technology and design. The RL includes everything...(I mean everything!)...there are not any real options available for the RL and it lists for about $49.7k. The M35x with the same equipment as the RL is about $54k list. I think I liked the M35x a little better as the engine was definitely more spunky with a higher torque and only slightly lower horsepower than the RL. I am not sure how you can deal these down in price, and what the residual values are for leasing purposes. I may buy, finance or lease depending on the deal....anyone care to opine in value between these two cars and the best deal to be had with Journey / technology packages
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    The Infiniti Service and Maintenance Guide can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.infiniti.com/m/pdf/Infiniti_Service_Maintenance_Guide.pdf
    - Ray
    Seeing several differences between the 'free' (a.k.a. - included in purchase price) maintenance provided by Lincoln on my LS and Infiniti's approach . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    . . .my Audi (a 2003) has door locks that engage at about 12 - 15 mph and disengage then when I pull the key out of the ignition (or there is a switch that can do these things).

I have always liked the locks to lock automatically once the car is underway.

I read in this thread that the M's do not engage the locks when the car is put into gear. That would be fine with me -- but I would like them to lock once the car is underway.

Does the M support this. On the new A6, for instance, you can program the locks via the MMI to auto lock as I detailed.

What if any functions can be programmed or are standard on the "M"?

Thanks.
    The Costco Auto program is simple. All you have to do is be a member (where I
    live it is $45 for a one year membership) and then call the 1-800 Costco Auto
    program telephone #. In as little as five (5) minutes, you will have the name of
    the closest dealer for the type of car you tell them you are interested in
    purchasing. Then the dealer will call you, in my case it was almost immediate.
    As far as invoice + $2,500, I'm not really sure if this is the same for all
    vehicles, but I do know that it is this for the Infiniti.

In my case, the dealer was very happy to honor it and said he just joined the
    Costco Auto program because this particular Infiniti Sales Manager saw the
    program as a huge success at the previous dealership he worked at. They have to
    honor the Costco pricing because apparently Costco has "stringent criteria" to
    qualify dealerships into the program and this particular dealer seemed to value
    the relationship very much and was very happy to be in the program because, as
    he said, it helps him build market share.

The particular dealer I'm referring to is Motorwerks in Barrington, IL.

As for pricing, yo uhave to take all the base price of the car + destination +
    all optional equipment to get to your final purchase price. All figures should
    be used from the "Invoice price" column on the costcoauto.com website as opposed
    to the MSRP column. As for price competition among dealers, I doubt you'll see
    them doing this now as most are getting MSRP, but it could happen down the road.
    Anything is possible. I suppose it will all depend on how the product moves off
    the lots.

I hope this is helpful to all.
  • londontlondont Member Posts: 2
    I test drove the M35 AWD two days ago. Of course, nobody told me about the problem of the lack of auto door locking, and I didn't notice it.
    I'd be curious as to how you enjoy driving that car after a few days, since I'm considering it as my number 1 choice compared to the Lexus ES330, the Lexus GS300, the Avalon XLS, or the Acura RL.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    I wanted to get a Graphite exterior (darker silver) with Wheat/Rosewood interior. Unfortunately this combination is not readily available. It seems that Graphite exterior is generally matched with a black/rosewood interior in the M35. It is sometimes matched with the gray/aluminum interior but only in the M35 sport version.

I'm afraid to get the black interior because of the heat - live in Southern California, although the dealer says with the cooling seats this shouldn't be a problem. The gray interior is better although I would prefer the wood trim in lieu of the aluminum trim.

Anyone have any thoughts about the heat issue with the black interior and the rosewood versus aluminum trim. I'm not sure what other luxury brands do with regards to wood versus aluminum trim.

Thank you
    Do you like the black interior?

Personally, I think the heat is less of an issue than would be the appeal.

If it appeals to you, get it -- if not order exactly what you want.

Personally, I want the bourbon/rosewood interior.

Also, I wish Infiniti would expand their color choices to include a metallic "British" racing green -- with the bourbon interior that would be very appealing (to me).

As it stands, many car companies from all over the globe have gone from wood to aluminum to graphite to highly polished "grey" colored wood -- these "off walnut or rosewood" color schemes produced by the alum, graphite or grey wood are often in the "sporting" versions of cars -- sometimes alcantara, too, is substituted for some of the leather inserts (see Audi's S4 for example).

Do you like it?

The seats and the interior will challenge the A/C -- but the challenge may be the addition of another 30 seconds from too hot to tolerable.

I, literally, wouldn't sweat it. Get it?

I crack myself up.
    drtravel,

- Black leather will get hot in the sun, cooled seats or not.
    - Get what you prefer. You're the one who will have to look at it every day, so just make sure you like it.

Personally, I prefer the rosewood with the black, but then again, I live in NY and won't have to deal with the SoCal sun. Either way, whether you take what is readily available or wait for yours to be custom-built, you're gonna get a great looking interior.

Good luck, and let us know what you finally settle on.
    What dealership did you deal with?

I am in NY and there are no dealerships that participate in the Costco Auto Program pricing, so it looks like I'll have to go to New Jersey for it, but it sounds like you got a better deal without it.

Your help is appreciated, as MSRP and not a penny less is the price in NY. THANKS.
  • hihomikehihomike Member Posts: 111
    Yes there is. At my dealership, we have two of them, and both sticker for about 40,290. There aren't very many of them around, but we have two such vehicles.

I would suggest that you add the journey package for 2700 so you get heated/air-conditioned seats, electrochromatic mirrors, bose stereo system, Homelink (garage door opener), adaptive xenon headlights (move in direction of your turn), and several other nice features.

If you are buying, this will add value when you trade the vehicle as base models will lost more value.

Good luck,
  • cybersolcybersol Member Posts: 91
    The M35x with the same equipment as the RL is about $54k list.

When I compared the two feature for feature I got different results from you. Here is a rundown of the two vehicles similarly equipped with the main feature differences listed:

Acura RL
    *Onstar, Traffic Link, Power Rear Sunshade, 17" wheels, Heated 8/4-way power seats (thus no height adjustment on passenger seat)
    MSRP Price $49,470

Infiniti M35 AWD with Journey, Nav, and Sat
    *Rear View Camera, 18" wheels, Climate Controlled (Heated and Cooled) 10/6 way power seats
    MSRP Price $48,110

Or if you want to blow away the features of the RL, then you could get the Journey and Tech packaged M35x for $49,960. This would add the top of the line speaker system, the intelligent cruise, and the lane departure warning system (the last two options are not even available on the RL).