Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TL Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• monzimonzi Member Posts: 4
    Fry's Electronics has a good selection and so does Best Buy. There just isn't a huge selection as of yet...

Fry's online: http://www.frys.com/
    Monzi
    Ronaries10,
    If you haven't figured it out yet, when you are playing a CD push the button on the right had side of the CD slot... That will eject the CD that is being played. Also, I found that if a CD has a lot of graphics on it, it might be just high enough to cause the CD not to be recognized. Many players have very tight tolerances; even putting a label on a CD might cause it not to play because it's too thick...
    Hope that helps.
    Monzi
    Brew99,
    The Navi is worth it... It's easy to use. We use it a lot to find restaurants in areas of Phoenix that we are not familiar with, Phoenix is a huge area... I have a 04' Lexus RX330 with Nav and the Acura Nav is much easier to use, hands down...
    Monzi
  • limartinlimartin Member Posts: 2
    I've jsut got my first acura TL 6sp non navi(Abyss blue pearl). And I love the car.

Great ride :)
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Congrats! Beautiful color too!
  • handsonhandson Member Posts: 8
    The only one currently is the Motorola V710. It is a camera phone too, and is currently free on the internet through cellularchoices.net. It is $250 if you go through Verizon.
  • wmjwmj Member Posts: 6
    I have had my 05 TL (Red/Parchment) for 2 weeks now. Love the Car! There are so many features! I use my cell phone a lot and the bluetooth is awesome. I can't believe it when I see other TL's with the driver holding a phone to their ear. The only bad thing about the bluetooth is that it mutes the stereo while using it. Love the XM and the Navi too!

Unfortunately I was at the car wash last weekend and one of the vacuum hoses fell out of it's connection and struck the drivers door, scratching it.(They are paying to repair it).

Bill
    "The only bad thing about the bluetooth is that it mutes the stereo while using it."

Wouldn't that be a good thing, maybe even a necessary feature? Even if you can hear the other party, they may not be able to hear you if the stereo is blaring in the background, especially since there are 3 speakers right under the mic for the bluetooth.
  • wmjwmj Member Posts: 6
    I meant that to mean that you have two great features but you can only use one at a time. <grin> I have been cutting my phone conversations short so I can listen to the stereo.
  • realhawkerrealhawker Member Posts: 30
    anyone heardo of a Blue TL with black interior? I have seen ones with grey interiors, but I prefer the black.
    I know that combo is available in Canada.
  • ed31cincyed31cincy Member Posts: 56
    I have a 2004. I settled for Redondo Red with Ebony interior, but what I really wanted was the blue with Ebony interior. It was not available for 2004, but I heard that you can get any exterior color with any interior color in 2005.
  • realhawkerrealhawker Member Posts: 30
    "The only bad thing about the bluetooth is that it mutes the stereo while using it."

I hope he's not driving near me, with the cellphone, music, oh and driving going on.
    and drinking a Starbucks with the other hand :):D
  • bruizerbruizer Member Posts: 6
    I've had this for about a month now and absolutely love it! Had one annoying squeak, but it turned out to be the lumbar handle on the right side of the seat was rubbing against the center console. A slight adjustment took care of that.

The car came with Toyo Proxies TPT tires, which have been very smooth with good traction so far. Anyone else have these tires?

Love having the hp and torque when you need it! :shades:
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Bought my Silver w/Ebony 2 weeks ago today and I have never loved a car so much. The V-Tec has to be the best engine ever made. I goes faster than the Mustang's V8 300 hp engine. Love the Ebony interior! I love this car!

I have not noticed any squeeks or vibrations. :shades:
  • indysgold1indysgold1 Member Posts: 6
    Traded a gold 2001 cl-s got a blue 2005 tl with camel interior.Added the gold emblems, deck lid spoiler,wooden shift knob.Changed the tires and wheels got 235/40/18 pirelli pzero neros and konig imagine wheels.I really liked my cl but this car is so much nicer.You can't beat what you get for the money. :shades:
    We took almost the same path. I traded a Silver 2001 CL-S for a 2004 Blue with Camel. Beautiful color combo though much harder to keep clean than the Silver. I got the deck lid spoiler but not the wood shift knob nor the tire/wheel upgrade.
    I was all set on the Blue, then I saw one on the street, and in the shade it almost looks black. That's when I decided on the silver, with a wing spoiler. I thought that the only weakness to the TL look was it's rear, so I decided on the big spoiler. However the big spoiler on the TL is actually lower profile than that on the TSX. I love my TL !!! :)
    You can never go wrong with Silver -- I guess that's why it's the number one color choice for cars currently! :D
    :shades:
  • jesse777jesse777 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All , I am just in the beginning stages of buying my first new car. And I'm really looking at the TL. Can anyone give me some advise, It is the only car that i seem to like. I ask you all is it worth buying or should i look else where. does the car have any issues? Can you guys please help? its deeply appreciated, thanX
    After a little over a year, I still think the TL is a great value in terms of power, amenities, technology & styling. The ride can be a little harsh over rough roads. There is a bit of torque steer (less with the automatic). Some owners have had problems with drivetrain vibration. I have been more fortunate and have not experienced that. I guess my own biggest gripe would be with miscellaneous rattles and noises that come and go. If you want/need AWD, you may want to wait until 2006 to see if that will be added. But overall I don't think you will find a better value for your $$.
    TL owner for a month and I have no rattles or noises that Jesse mentions. So far, this car has been perfect, and almost as quiet as the Camry. Camry's are unusually quiet, almost spooky quiet. But for the money, the sporty TL can't be beat. The interior is flawless. :shades:
  • danderson1danderson1 Member Posts: 5
    I realize these two selections are very different; however, I'm trying to decide between both vehicles. My wife and I enjoy the comfort of the Avalon, but I really like the interior, sterio, NAV, and handling of the TL. This question is for existing owners: does the TL provide too harsh or stiff ride? Many of the local roads are beat up and I was worried about the comfort over the long haul. The ride is the only concern that I have. Otherwise I love it. Thoughts?
    You can't beat the Avalon when it comes to comfort, and a quiet ride. I am a former Camry owner, and I did test drive the Avalon. My TL is almost as quiet, and a more comforatable ride than my old Camry, honestly I was suprised. However, I have read that the TL does not handle well on rough roads, but that has not been my experience. I suggest you test drive a TL on a rough road and push it hard. I think the TL and the Avalon are both great cars, you won't go wrong with either one, but the TL is more fun. :shades:
    Rough roads do three things to the TL. One, the ride is a bit jarring. Two, it accentuates whatever torque steer it has. And three, it brings out the rattles (which also are affected by the weather). :sick:

But as frisconick said, you'd have to go try one 'cause everyone's sensitivity is different.
    Thanks for the feedback. I hope to buy one of the two within the next month. At 39 years of age and two young children, this might be my last 'fun' ride for a while. I'm expecting my wife to buy a minivan in the next few years. Again, thanks!
    "I'm expecting my wife to buy a minivan in the next few years."

Please accept my condolences. :cry:;)
    I have not experienced that. I find the ride fine on rough roads, I have an automatic so there is no torque steer, and no rattles. My TL is one fine ride. :shades:
    "I find the ride fine on rough roads"

Perhaps your backside is more...er...how should I put it....more padded? :P
    Actually, I am very thin with very little padding, and I find the TL ride just fine. :P
    6 foot, and 150 lbs, no padding!
    Ouch! :sick:
    I posted on another forum, but wanted to get an opinion. I don't know when the '06 TL's will be out. If I buy a TL, should I wait until the '06 comes out. I wasn't sure whether the price would go up significantly or whether some of the kinks would be worked out?
    If there is no significant addition to the '06 (ie. AWD), then I wouldn't expect prices to go up significantly. However, you are corrent that some of the kinks may be worked out for the '06. A vehicle will generally get better as it matures thru its life cycle.
    lol ;)
  • ljwalters1ljwalters1 Member Posts: 294
    You should wait until the '06s come out b/c by waiting just a few more months, you can either

a- get the updated version if it has uprades you need, or
    b- get an '05 at a reduction, if the '06 doesn't have significant (IYO) improvement. Dealers will be looking to get rid of the '05s to make room for the '06s.
    Good point danderson1. :P
  • nightcrawler29nightcrawler29 Member Posts: 146
    Well one thing I don't like about the TL is the control panel.... those 3 pod thingies seem a bit old fashioned, and don't go well with the rest....but I can live with it.... but well, for the money I'm paying for this thing, I wish it had digital readouts for speed, tachometer, fuel, etc.. and a voice that warned me about the doors being opened, fuel being low, etc.... (particularly a sexy female voice!!). The TL sort of have this if you choose the Nav version, but I wish it had more to complement it. I think we should be able to choose what voice we want our car to have... just like we would do with cell phone ringers. Anyway, I think it would be a nice little perk to turn on the ignition, or open the driver's door, and the car says "welcome" or something of that sort. Anyway, this might sound a little sci-fi here, but this has already been implemented in past cars from the '80's or 90's, and it looked really cool (especially for cars valued at less than $30K). But even though I wish for these luxuries, I still think the TL has a great design, and it seems like a pretty good car.
    I just took a test drive of the '05 TL and asked the sales person, when would the '06's come out.... he said in November, but I thought he was full of it. I suspect '06's will be available around September.
    He may not have been that far off. I think the new models from Honda generally start showing up around late Sept. - early Oct.
    Pretty good car? It's a great car!!! :P
    yeah it is indeed, but I wish they would make it more customizable..... like well I don't know.... how about automatically playing the star trek or star wars soundtrack as you back out from your garage??.... or somehow be able to set a greeting in such way that whenever you open the driver's door and start the ignition, a sexy sounding female voice, other than your wife, says something like "welcome (person's name), you are thiner and better looking than yesterday".... I don't know, but I wouldn't want to get out of the car!! But ok, one practical thing I could wish for, is that acura made fold up ignition keys, like Volkswagen does. Having this big key and a separate controller in the same keychain is antiquated, and does not look well on a $30k car.... VW has a pretty cool looking fold up key with controls integrated, and its offered with cars that are about $10k bucks cheaper!!. The TL is a very nice car, and has a lot to offer in terms of features.... but there's always room for improvement, especially on the simple most common things. :P
    LOL, a sexy female voice other than your wife! ;)
  • oldblue240oldblue240 Member Posts: 1
    If you have Navi then you know that the extra talking can be quite annoying and disruptive if are having a discussion or even listening to music. I really enjoy my 05 TL and you choose the voice, male or female, when you fiddle with the settings. And as for the warning voice, that could be really distracting. the 04s and 05s (im not sure about previous years) Make distinct beeps as warnings to check ur control panel which immediately tells u something is up.

And Finally for the gauges being manual: that's frikkin awesome. Those of us that are car-lovers and those of us that love our tach.. like the non-digi form of read out. All high performance cars have non-digi read out. it just makes the ride more fun. Digi read outs look tacky and too retro. The interior design of the TL is luxury, so the "pod thingies" and the manual read outs fit in perfectly to create a rich experience. :)
  • billyperksbillyperks Member Posts: 449
    Manual readouts are so yesterday and beleive me; I LOVE CARS.
  • stickymanstickyman Member Posts: 53
    I purchased a 2005 TL w/Navi today at Superior Acura in Overland Park, Ks. Paid $32650.00 plus $195.00 doc.fee and TT&L. I will pick up the car on Monday. I'm a crrent owner of 2003 TL TypeS. I looked at the Avalon, CTS, 530, and settled on the TL. Why(?) the price, 3.5 hours from time of first contact to signing the papers, a beautiful car and great time with nice people. I highly recommend Superior and "Go K-State" :)
    Stickyman
    Congrats Sticky :) What color did you get?
  • stickymanstickyman Member Posts: 53
    frisconick, I got the Met. Silver with gray interior. I'm going to look some "after market' chrome wheets for it. Somthing with a "deep" dish design. Take care and enjoy your car ;)
This discussion has been closed.