Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• barinicbarinic Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a new 2009 BMW X5 3.0i...premium, technology,sport, heated seats, running boards,sat radio, ipod adaptor. The dealer has offer to sell this at $1,600 over what Edmunds says is the invoice. I am thinking I should be able to do better. Can anyone tell me what they have done recently on this car. I am in the DC area. Thanks
  • bond007jbbond007jb Member Posts: 38
    I think 500 over invoice is a good price these days any better and you have an excellent deal on hand.
  • barinicbarinic Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the quick reply
  • dale2009dale2009 Member Posts: 10
    1,600 over invoice on Edmunds is too high. I signed a buy agreement last month to buy X5 3.5d with high tech, heat front seant, leather, ipod. The price is 1,000 below the invoice. It looks a good deal. But now the dealship wants me to cancel the agreement. I have waitted for 4 weeks, and still didnot get my vehicle number. I am thinking to call a lawyer to handle it.
  • battie4battie4 Member Posts: 4
    Where can I find invoice pricing for the different packages that BMW offers on the X5?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mangoolermangooler Member Posts: 3
    I want to Buy a new X5

Does anyone know of a deal.

On June 29 I Got the car I wanted with technology package for $629 a month with 1700 down but it sold
  • battie4battie4 Member Posts: 4
    thanks
  • ardvarkusardvarkus Member Posts: 90
    Folks-

Anyone buying an X5 diesel needs to be aware that BMW is giving dealers $4500 off of invoice for cars sold between July 1 and Aug 31.

So if you are paying "Edmunds Invoice" the dealer is making $4500 on you....
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    The 2009 X5 3.5d has $4,500 cash assistance from BMW until August 31. I just ordered one for August production at purchase price of $3k below dealer invoice. Sticker will be over $64k and purchase price is $56k including destination.

They also will trade me out of my 2008 535xi for no charge since I'm within 4 months of the lease end.

Anyone buying or leasing the diesel X5 also needs to know that it qualifies for $1,800 tax credit until December 2010 or until BMW sells 60,000 diesels in the US. Then the discount is phased out over two quarters.
    WOW, $4500 off of invoice. It is cool. Could you tell where this information comes from? Can I find it from the internet?

Thanks a lot.

Dale
    The program is not $4,500 off invoice. It's $4,500 cash assistance from BMW. The dealers aren't required to sell the vehicle at invoice and then take $4,500 off. You still have to negotiate the best price, then subtract the cash discount.

Knowing about the cash assistance when you talk to the salesperson is important. If you don't know about the $4,500, the dealers will make it look like they're giving you a great price, but they're really dipping into the money from BMW.

Also, you have to take delivery by August 31.

$1,800 tax credit also helps.
    Thanks a lot.

Dale
    Thanks a lot for your information.
    Dale
  • boykieboykie Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased the following X5d that will be built and delivered to me by end of August - although as I will only be moving to CT at the end of September they will hold it on the lot for me.

$52,250
    Space Grey – Sand Beige perforated Nevada leather, bamboo trim, Premium, Cold Weather, Active Ventilated Seat, Rear Climate, Park distance control, Running boards, Smartphone integration, IPod Interface adaptor, all weather mats.
  • tinalyssatinalyssa Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please tell me how much the extended maintenance plan is on a 2009 X5? I love my X5 but had the worst buying experience possible. To make a long story short I had purchased an X3 sports edition in which I was told had better gas mileage than the X5 after driving the X3 I was not happy with the car gas mileage was not great I went back to the dealer and purchased a 2009 X5 "Demo" with technology package (11953 miles) the price they sold the car to me was $51k said that the msrp was $58k after going back and forth and completely confused I ended up loosing $6k for the x3 plus the extended maintenance that I purchased for the x3 with the intent to keep. I have been going back and forth with the dealer b/c after reviwing all the paperwork i realized how much I was taken for! I am trying to find out what the extended maintenance is I really don't want to be ripped off again! If anyone can help me I woyld appreciate it.
  • bettyblubettyblu Member Posts: 7
    Need money factor on BMW X5 SUV 2009 diesel and residual 15000miles 3 year lease. MSRP $62000. purchase price approx.$55000. We are getting ready to purchase two cars buy one lease the other.I have also posted lease ?'s in lease forums. :) Thanks
    MSRP $61275 Purchase Price $52,250
  • dell26dell26 Member Posts: 9
    Just purchased the following X5d that will be built and delivered to me by end of July , per the dealership....... Let me know what you think. I want to extend the warranty and they are asking for 3400 for the warranty to add 2 years and 100,000 miles and 2495 for the extended maintenance.

$59,060 w/o Extended Maintenance and warranty
    $64955 w Extended Maintenance and warranty
    Black Sapphire Metallic Saddle brown nevada leather,Premium, Cold Weather, Premium Sound Package, Rear Climate Package, Sport Package, Space Saver Spare, running boards, HD radio, Satellite Radio, Running boards, Smartphone integration, IPod Interface adaptor.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    Trying to decide whether to order now or not. Any other changes known for '10 other than iDrive update? Checked out new iDrive in 3 series. It didn't make a big impression on me, not enough to wait, since I'm already used to using the current iDrive. Also trying to decide on sport pkg. or not. I've always had it on my 5 series cars but not sure I need it for an X5 as I won't be driving it like my cars. Any thoughts on that? Looking to get the diesel. Thanks for any input. :)
  • us_matrixus_matrix Member Posts: 17
    Hi Boykie,

Great deal! Where and which dealer you got this deal?

Thanks.
    Most of the dealerships in Fairfield county, Connecticut should be around this price due to the $4500 discount off invoice, but it must be purchase before Aug 1. Presume this is because the 2010 X5 will start being produced in September.
  • wesoweso Member Posts: 13
    I was told by a few different BMW dealers that the 2009 X5 3.5d $4,500 incentive runs until August 31 and that I can order a car with the incentive until August 31.
  • chinomonkeychinomonkey Member Posts: 7
    wow boykie,

the $52250 is all inclusive? tax and all? love to get the same deal....
  • nycbmwnycbmw Member Posts: 6
    any suggestions on on fairfield county dealerships. which were the best to deal with?
    thanks
    No that is just for the car and destination fee - not including tax and registration.

BMW of Bridgeport or Darien or Greenwich or Ridgefield.
    The $4,500 incentive runs through August 31, but you have to take delivery by August 31. If you're going to order an X5 diesel, you should do it immediately to make sure that it is delivered by the end of August. Your dealer will know their available production dates/slots. It takes about 3 weeks for delivery once production begins and there's always the possibility of delays. So your vehicle would need to begin production by the end of the first week of August.
    I've been researching in every source that I can think of to learn whether more than iDrive will change in 2010. So far, I haven't found any other changes for the diesels. So I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to get a $64k X5 for $56k.

The 2011 X5 should be the mid-model refresh that will bring an updated interior, exterior styling changes, new engine options, etc. BMW models run 7 years. The 4th year is the mid-model refresh. This X5 began production as a 2008 model, which means that the 2011 model will be the major refresh if they follow their usual production cycles.

So I think it's safe to assume that 2010 won't bring significant changes to warrant passing on thousands of dollars in discounts and tax credits. This recession won't last forever and car makers will eventually want to make money again.
    The IRS says that consumers who lease an X5 3.5d qualify for the alternative fuel tax credit, but the IRS allows the option for the leasing company to claim the credit. BMWUSA.COM says that lessees don't qualify for the tax credit, so it looks like BMW Finance plans to keep the tax credit for themselves.

Does anyone have any information on this? I plan to raise hell and cancel my order if they cheat me out of that tax credit.
  • wesoweso Member Posts: 13
    I asked a couple of dealers today that said that I could order at the end of August and do NOT need to take delivery by August 31st. Where are you getting your info?
    I ordered mine this week, but only picking it up October 2 as this is when I move to CT.
  • pavelbarchukpavelbarchuk Member Posts: 14
    Its nice to have freinds working at a dealership. car shopping is so much easier that way, call them up, they do all the dirty work for you, free carfax, wholesale value, true trade in value, etc.
  • blackeye800blackeye800 Member Posts: 14
    I bought a new X5D for $500 above invoice on 6/7/08 (paid $65K for a premium,cold weather,rear climate,technology, third row, Ipod and USB adapter, running boards,ding and tire warranty). I see that the going price has fallen way below the invoice due to the new $4500 dealer invoice. Is there any way I can get some money back from the dealer or BMW (part financed) or do I just just suck it up. Can I complain to any govt. agency for the way I have been shortchanged by BMW.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    Thanks for the reply, anon3. That's good info. Anyone have any real-life experience with the tax relief for business owners on vehicles over 6,000 gvwr? I'm getting mixed info. on this topic. I understand it's been decreased to $25,000, but is it in reality just a percentage of the $25,000 according to your tax rate? Any input would be appreciated. :)
    Did you get your VIN? If not, you can cancel your order. I just did in this way and now my 35d is 3k below the inovice.
    Good luck.
    Dale
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    That was a month ago.. have you taken delivery? If so, you are out of luck.. .incentives change all the time.

As the post above mentions.. if you've just ordered a car, call up your CA and insist on the $4500 incentive..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• blackeye800blackeye800 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you Dale and Kyfdx. Unfortunately I have taken delivery of the car just over a month ago. Guess I will have to grin and bear it. Hope I enjoy the car trouble free for many years to come. It did not start a couple of times in the morning when the temperature was in the 50s. But after a few minutes it did so on its own. Will have to see how it behaves in the NE winter.
    At least it is giving very good mileage - 25mpg on mostly city/suburb driving (logged 1500 miles in the first month). Much better than my wife's X3 - 17 mpg for the same driving.
  • zguzgu Member Posts: 10
    just got a quote for 2009 x5 35d
    cold weather package, technology package, rear climate package, premium package, 3rd row seat.

MSPR $63K, asking price $50K

Good deal?

Thanks
    I'm getting my information from the dealership and from BMW North America. The $4,500 cash from BMW is only supposed to be available if you take delivery by 8/31.
  • rn4rn4 Member Posts: 1
    seems pretty good to me.....might I ask where that was?
  • zguzgu Member Posts: 10
    in california north bay
  • gadcargadcar Member Posts: 6
    I brought one 3 days ago My out the door price was $55,000.00 (including 6% tax fees etc) It came with Premium package,rear climate package,running boards,heated front seat,3 rd row seat,Navigation system,ipod and USB adapter
  • nycbmwnycbmw Member Posts: 6
    seems pretty good, congrats. did they have that in inventroy or did they have to get it for you? also curious, where did you get it? thanks
    Hi Zqu,

I am in Bay Area and this is the similar options what i am looking for and sounds like a really good deal for $13k off. Could you tell me the name of the dealer and sales person. If you could email me the info or reply here. Thanks.
    Here is my email us_matrix@Yahoo.com

Thanks.
  • d4mod4mo Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a X5 Diesel the dealer said he's give me the $4,500 rebate but there is no discount after that how much discount should I be getting I've no trade in ?

Thanks
    You should be able to get a base model for $ 45,000.00 to $ 46,000.00
    They have this one in inventory, My dealer is in Roswell GA
  • d4mod4mo Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for that
  • russell99russell99 Member Posts: 3
    x5 3.0 trim
    1) Premium package
    2) Technology package
    3) 3rd row seat
    4) BMW asst with bluetooth
    5) ipod and usb adapter (6fl)
    6) Smartphone integration

New Jersey

Edmunds MSRP $57,325

Dealer said MSRP is $56,425.

Sale price that was offered to me is $52,790 + tax and fees.

I may decide to lease it based on this price, do you think I could do better?