Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• coolpartnercoolpartner Member Posts: 10
    Hi - Can you please share Name of dealership ? Thanks
  • sbondersbonder Member Posts: 7
    Athens BMW in Athens Georgia.
  • nschakrinschakri Member Posts: 1
    http://www.knauzbmw.com/new-inventory/2009-BMW-X5/f1a624207f0000010071008793f740- 4f.htm

price quoted as : 53,690.00 + tax + docs + license fees and getting it at 2.9%.

Is it a good deal or can I push for a better price?

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice. I am pretty clueless when it comes to cars.
  • cabluecablue Member Posts: 48
    Seems high to me. Have you looked at the diesels? You can get them for thousands under invoice because of the eco credit. Not only that, they're the only X5 I'd get. They get better gas mileage than the 3.0 and a lot more power. Mine's on order now. I'm getting a build-to-order '10 for $3,500 under invoice.
  • coolpartnercoolpartner Member Posts: 10
    Can you share the details of your deal please. Thanks
    My deal is $1,000 over invoice, then I receive the $4,500 eco credit, which brings it to $3,500 under invoice. Then I will receive another $1,800 federal tax credit for being a diesel. I ordered my X5 diesel in No. CA. It is a 2010, which will have the new iDrive. The price, of course, depends on the different options you want. I've ordered the tech. pkg., rear climate pkg., Prem. pkg., comfort access, multi-countour seats, heated front seats, roof rails (which are now an option for the '10s), sat. radio, ipod adapter, and smartphone. To get the invoice prices for the '10s, check out Xoutpost.com. The '10s are just coming off the line now, getting ready to be shipped. And if you didn't already know, they're built here in the U.S., on the east coast. Hope that helps.
  • wheelshopperwheelshopper Member Posts: 1
    did you pay invoice price for all the package options as well? or it's whatever the price they list on bmw site? if so, where I can find the invoice price for those? thanks
  • dcbmwownerdcbmwowner Member Posts: 8
    To confirm, you are buying your X5 and not leasing, right?

BMW tells us that leases are not eligible for the tax credit. There is some controversy about that.
    Yes, I am buying. I've heard the same thing about the tax credit. And, yes, my price is invoice price on everything (options incl.) then add $1,000 for dealer profit, then subtract $4,500 eco credit. Invoice prices are listed at Xoutpost.com.
  • stanx5stanx5 Member Posts: 3
    Paid $1000 over invoice, minus the $4500 eco credit. Dealer accepted without counter. Dealer in Central CA.

Alpine White
    Sport Activity Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Technology Pkg
  • rangsrirangsri Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal for Bmw x5d $ 52000
    options are tech,premium and ipod/usb
    dealer in GA
    is it a good deal
    please let me know
    thank you
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Member Posts: 202
    $1000 over invoice not including the $4500 Eco Credit (good til 11/2/09) is a good deal.
  • bro1o3bro1o3 Member Posts: 6
    Did you also have to pay for the charges shown below which are also typical add-on charges here? The MACO is something I could not get the dealer drop and they told me it was an integral part of the BMW invoice and offered to show it to me on the paperwork.

- MACO ($380)
    - administration ($399)
    - detail (aka dealer prep.) ($200)

I paid $500 over invoice, then add the three items above and then subtract the $4,500 eco credit. The total price was below the Edmunds calculation for "what others are paying" in this area and was below the "Great Deal" on Truecar.com for my area so I was happy with the deal.

This of course does not include delivery ($825 here), tax and tag.
  • alan39alan39 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone received their new 2010 X5 diesel. I know production has started, but wanted to know if delivery has begun and how is the drive.
  • sbondersbonder Member Posts: 7
    I go a week from Tuesday to pick mine up at the performance center. The web page shows it is done.
  • suryansuryan Member Posts: 4
    MSRP - 61875 Invoice - 57430
    Options: Premium, Technology, Rear Climate, USB/iPod Adaptor, 3rd row seats, Heated Front Seats & roof rails.

Purchase Price:

57430 (invoice)
    + 500 ( 500 over invoice)
    - 4500 (4500 Eco Credit)
    -1500 (returning X3 lease, so additional $1500 credit for X3 lease return)
    =====
    51960 selling price
    =====

Sales tax + tag/registraction extra - around $6000 (in California/alameda county)

I'm not sure whether it's a good deal, but very pleased with the sales person and the way he handled things. Thanks to everyone who shared the purchase experience and the pricing details, it really helped me.
    Very good deal. Are they taxing your $4500 credit?

What is your color combo?
  • timber72timber72 Member Posts: 5
    I see a lot of quotes/prices paid on the diesel X5, can anyone tell me what I should be shooting for when I negotiate on a new 2009 X5 30i? I know that right now they are offering $2500 holiday cash and 4.9% financing for 60 months but I can not get a feel for what a good price base price for this model is. I've seen it suggested to aim for dealer invoice + $500 -- where do I find dealer invoice?
  • suryansuryan Member Posts: 4
    No, the tax is on the final selling price which excludes the $4500 eco-credit. My color combination is Black Sapphire Metallic/Black premium leather.
  • stanesqstanesq Member Posts: 16
    Bought a 2010 X5 3.0 MSRP $58425, sold to me for $54,400 then take off the $2500 Holiday rebate so at $51,900 (plus taxes) final cost.

Good Deal?
  • ricketmanricketman Member Posts: 4
    what package and where did you get it quoted?
    i like to find the 09 x5 but seems all fully loaded...anyone know if any dealers have 09 X5 (close to base model) available??
    X5 3.0 Premium Package, Premium Sound, 3rd row, Heated seated, Navigation, IPOD connector and Sirius XM

you will get better deal on 2010 at this point IMHO.

Bought from NJ dealer
  • rpram1rpram1 Member Posts: 18
    I thought this information would help others:
    It seems that each dealer (or at least this one) is getting an allocation X5d. I was about ready to order a 2010 and had gone to the website and built the car I wanted. I hesitated ordering because I knew that the car would end up being built in January or February and I wanted/needed the SAV now. I happened to look at the nearby inventory (within 100 miles) and noted that a vehicle with nearly my identical build showed up at a dealer about 50 miles away. The vehicle arrived Wednesday and on Friday it had at least three people battling over the thing. That battle probably cost me $500 but in the end paid $1250 over invoice then reduced that amount by the $4500 eco credit. In the end, the MSRP was $63,975 and invoice was $58,815; so in the end I paid about $55,600 before TTL. Not great but not bad. I will get the 2009 alternative energy credit (either $900 or $1800) and the vehicle is in my garage. It has Tech, Prem, Prem Sound, Comfort Access, Cold Wea, Rear Clim, Ipod, Sat Radio (not sure if I missed anything).
    Less than 5 minutes after I agreed to the price and while I was standing outside; a couple pulled up behind the car and looked at it closely. Another salesman told them it had just been sold and the wife told the husband; "I told you we should have come yesterday".
    One other note is that I think the MPG is better on the highway than the stated 26 mpg - I got 31 mpg on the way home, all highway. My average has since come down to 22.8, but it is now at least 75% city since Saturday
  • timber72timber72 Member Posts: 5
    Can I ask - how does the $1800 Alternative energy credit work? I assume you will get it when you file your 2009 taxes? Does everyone get it that buys a diesel or are there qualifications? Also, had you ordered your X5 diesel and not gotten it until sometime in early 2010 were they still going to give you the $4500 eco credit? How about the Alternative energy tax credit - would you still have gotten that if you hadn't taken delivery until 2010?

Thank you for your help. I am trying to understand these credits. The credits seem to justify the extra $4100 the diesel costs over the regular X5 but it is a bit confusing, especially given that there are so few diesels on the lot and most likely will need to order....
  • rpram1rpram1 Member Posts: 18
    The alternative energy credit is filed with your taxes and it fluctuates in amount by manufacturer and it phases out as manufacturers hit certain alternative fuel sales figures. I think you have to take delivery in the tax year that you are filing for. I think you also have to purchase and not lease. That is the extent of my amateur knowledge.
    The eco-credit is based on when you order the vehicle and whether or not you get this into your deal with your dealer.
    You will likely need to order, I just got a bit lucky on this one.

The 2010 x5 iDrive and navigation are definitely worth not buying a 2009, so do not even think about that. The system is improved 1 million percent. The parking assist function is also worth the price of admission. There are some quirks with the diesel, but nothing to big to overcome yet. There is a question about the extra cost with diesel prices spreading away from gas prices. There is definitely more torque and power in this diesel and they do last longer.
  • slausboundslausbound Member Posts: 1
    Greetings. I'm a newbie to the fourm... I'm reading throughout this thread (and others) that $500-$1000 over invoice is a realistic mark-up folks are getting from dealers, but when I model out a 2010 35d and 2010 48i on the Edmunds.com Pricing System, the TMV algorithm indicates that "others" are paying $5,000-$5,500 over invoice. The regional adjustment in TMV is only $300 (I'm in Seattle area).

Has the market changed so rapidly that folks are now paying close to MSRP, or is the TMV analysis worthless??

Below are the numbers I'm looking at:

Modeled 2010 35d
    69,825 MSRP
    64,130 Invoice
    69,179 TMV
    5,049 TMV amt above invoice

Modeled 2010 48i
    75,175 MSRP
    69,000 Invoice
    74,489 TMV
    5,489 TMV amt above invoice

Thanks, in advance, for you comments.
    I am not sure on the diesel as I never priced it out, but the 4.8i can be ordered for $500 over invoice from several dealers in NJ. In the end we ordered the 3.0 from JMK.
  • sushmisushmi Member Posts: 1
    planning to buy x5 30 2010 model.
    prem. pkg, sound, rear climate, tech, heated frontseat, running board, maint 2 years.

Price comes to 56570 + fee 976+ tax 3900

Is there any holiday credit for x5 ? in NJ ?
    How much can price be negotiated ?
    Yes you get the $2500 holiday rebate. What is the MSRP of your configured vehicle?
  • aotdaotd Member Posts: 12
    I wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the valuable information. I was able to get a good deal in NY on the 2010 X5 48 as follows:

List price $62,675. Options: Heated front seats, Tech Package, space saver tire and Premium Package. Lease 36 months, 10k miles per year, out of pocket including all fees, sales tax in lease (no security deposit) $3,337 Monthly $672.
  • bmwed1bmwed1 Member Posts: 3
    $500 over invoice for 4.8i sounds very good to me. Where in Jersey and how can I get it? Thanks.
  • dan200dan200 Member Posts: 2
    I'm abaut close deal on 2009 X5 3.0 with 14,000 miles ( corporate car )as folows
    Black on black
    Premium package
    technology package
    cold weather package
    Rear Climate Package
    Ipod & USB Adapter
    Running Boards
    Orginal MSRP 57.995
    Internet price 51.075

Paying $ 46.250 including $2500 holiday rebate
    Is this good deal ?
    You cant say original MSRP was 57995 and they are giving you a discount. This is a USED car with 14,000 miles. Personally, I would rather have the new vehicle for $4000 more. Why take someone else's headache 14,000 miles later for $4000 diff on a 50K vehicle? I think you are being pennywise and pound foolish.
  • dan200dan200 Member Posts: 2
    This is nice deal
    Can you get me deler information

thanks
  • cdahlcdahl Member Posts: 5
    X5 3.0 ( Premium Pkg, Sound Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Technology Pkg , Running Boards, Roof Rails, Multi Comfort Seats,, Heated Fr Seats, IPOD & Smartphone)

MSRP - $59925
    Invoice - $55085

Cash Price - $56273 (includes also- $300 MACO, $180 Training Service, &172.70 Tire, NY fee)

Less $2500 Holiday Credit

Final Deal - $53,773

Is this a good deal?
    Hi, guys, is this a good deal? Many thanks in advance.

2010 X5 4.8i with:

1. 3rd row seats
    2. Rear climate
    3. Park distance
    4. Running board
    5. Roof rails
    6. Comfort access

MSRP: $61,775

Price: $57,355.

I posted my offer ($57,355) at Autobrag.com on Friday, and received a couple of accepting offer email. Has anyone have experience with Autobrag.com?
  • aotdaotd Member Posts: 12
    Sound like a deal any local dealer will give you if you are ready to purchase. I believe in this economic environment you can find a dealer willing to give you real invoice, $56,855 minus $2500 promotional discount without any major bogus dealer fees. I know a few dealers in NY that were willing to cut this deal when I was negotiating. :shades:
    Thanks for response aotd- Do you really believe no markup over real invoice (with no fees, no MACO, etc) less 2500 rebate is realistic for 2010 x5?
  • goodgame2009goodgame2009 Member Posts: 4
    I think the price is fair (good deal if you want call that, since I don't think you going to get any under invoice price right now).

However, I do question about dealer's number game here; this $53,773 inculds the "2500 holiday credit" which sounds great with only one problem.

I got the same price back in Aug 09 with almost same configuration and no so call "holiday credit". Just wondering...

either way you got a fair price and enjoy the driving...I end up not taking the deal and got a used one (07 3.0 X5 w/23Kmiles)
    Thanks aotd. I live in Newtown, PA, cross Delaware River from Trenton, NJ. Do you know any dealers offering such on a X5 4.8? If I can buy it at edmunds' invoice price minus $2,500 (of course plus a couple of hundred dealer's fees), I will mail you a $200 check. I am serious. My email is edpark36@hotmail.com. Best.
    I live downstate NY . I visited several local dealerships in last few days. No one is selling for "real invoice". Lowest prices for an X5 range $400-800 over invoice +$300 MACO + $180 training less $2500 holiday rebate (if financed) -- so after everything thats about $1500 under invoice.
  • joeyijoeyi Member Posts: 13
    I am in the market to purchase a 2007 X5 3.0 CPO in Los Angeles. I have found a few that are listed between 39k - 41k with approx 20 - 30k miles. Where should I start with my offer and what do you think would be the rock bottom price on these vehicles? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
  • tjofvatjofva Member Posts: 1
    Ordered mine in Northern Va the end of Oct. Rolls off the assembly line in a few days

Active ventilated seats
    Cold weather package
    Premium package
    Premium sound
    Rear climate package
    Technology package
    Space saver spare
    Roof rails
    Ipod and usb adaptor

MSRP $64975 Invoice $ 59720

after taking out the $4500 diesel credit dealer offered to take additional $1250 off for purchase price of $59225

tax credit for the X5 diesel is $1800
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    Just came from my dealer. Have a 2009 lemon that they are going to swap with a 2010. Other than the NAV and idrive system, the car looks EXACTLY the same inside and out. Even the wheels are the same.

Am I missing something. Is all BMW changed for 2010 was the idrive and nav??

Thanks
  • slav_girevikslav_girevik Member Posts: 7
    rear camera has top view now and side views
    with the options i selected make MSRP $61,665 // invoice $56,680
    with ECO credit $4,500
    i negotiated down to 54,650

is it good as it gets? or i can push more.? i put money down today but can stop deal if i want tomorrow...just having second thoughts :confuse:
    Its a good deal. Your are prob. about $2000 over their cost as I vaguely recall. You might squeeze another $1K but these diesels are popular enough to get push back right now.

Look at the (my) previous posts above to see how far away from 'optimal' you are. Once you get your best deal, forget about it and enjoy.
    Thank you for your info. i talked to deal today and they willing to discount morei will know to morrow what is the final price.
    All right all done!
    here what i ordered: x5 diesel 2010, silver metallic on black leather with brushed aluminum trim.
    premium, tech. cold weather, rear climate packages, ipod/usb adapter, roof rails, running boards. MSRP $61,175 paid $53,645 this included all fees from dealer ( MACO and training $380) no tax in Oregon !

if i calculate correct i paid $1500 over invoice
    this best deal i got among 4 BMW dealers in Oregon and it came from

BMW of Salem, Oregon
    Thank you guys!