Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• e_thereale_thereal Member Posts: 17
    Can you give me the name of your broker/dealer? I'm looking for a similar setup in Texas and not getting the same kind of deal.
    Thank you.
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    2011 X35i Premium Black Sapphire/ Tobacco:
    -Convenience Package
    -Technology Package
    -Cold Weather Package
    -Floor Mats
    -Tank of Gas
    - $50 towards parts
    -MSRP $59,525
    Price including the the $2500 Holiday credit: $53,600.
    Ordered and in production.
  • akrca4akrca4 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know a good dealer in SoCal area?
    looking for a good deal on X5 35i Premium with following options:

-Convenience Package
    -Technology Package
    -3rd row seat
    -Comfort Access

You can also email me: akrca4 at gmail
    Any help appreciated! Thanks.
  • radhayradhay Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2010
    I ordered an x5 diesel today at orange county BMW in NY and took advantage of 6k credits. They were nice to deal with. Too bad that you are not from the area. I had 3 dealers offer prices under invoice and one little over invoice price.
    Out of 6k credits.. 3.5k(eco credit) gets taken out of invoice price. and 2.5k (holiday credit) gets deducted from loan amount if you use BMW finance. Few other people on this forum posted similar deals so I think you should get that too. I would negotiate using invoice price as reference and then request to apply credits on top of it.
  • companyman21companyman21 Member Posts: 9
    What were the specifics of your deal if you don't mind me asking? MSRP, invoice, MF
    lease terms, MSD's, and money down. Thanks for the info, unfortunately I will probably have to go out of state, I had saw above where someone mentioned the Albany BMW in GA, and specifically named a "Karen". Might try that route, but will probably email the Dallas area vendors first.
  • leethewayleetheway Member Posts: 2
    radhay,

I am in your area and looking to order a 35d too. Can you please share which dealers are willing to deal at invoice or under. Thanks.
  • crazyfingercrazyfinger Member Posts: 3
    Hi desiboysf, could you email me the dealer you got your car from. My email is crazyworkshop@msn.com Thanks
    hi, bayman48. can u email me the dealer u got your car from? My email is crazyworkshop at msn.com
    hi nkole, can u email me the dealer u got your x5 from? My email is crazyworkshop at msn.com

thanks
    edited November 2010
    companyman21, mine is a purchase. I have Premium, tech, 3rd row and rear climate with MSRP 61,575 , invoice 57,130 (includes 300 MACO + 200 training fee) - 6 k + TTL.
    Try truecar.com as it gives you dealers quotes relative to invoice and use edmunds for calculating invoice.
    edited November 2010
    Hi leetheway, I have observed that if the dealer already has a slot available they are usually more willing to negotiate otherwise most of the dealers are 500 above invoice. I got competitive quotes from orange county, WWC (they wasted lot of time evaluating trade-in and didn't come up with favorable terms) and new Country .
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Drove both yesterday preferred i over d. I am not sure a good deal is available due to limited supply. If you build one only incentives would be used to lower cost. I believe the dealer may make a better deal if one takes a vehicle that is already on the lot. I did see alot of X5 with sold signs on the dashboard but unsure which models they were,
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Member Posts: 202
    Wonder which you will prefer each time to pay to fill the fuel tank...
  • ranger1221ranger1221 Member Posts: 5
    We got quote from some dealers, other wouldn't even talk to us unless we went to go visit them (Circle BMW in freehold). Others were horrible (Bloomfield BMW). That experience I have to share.

We went in and the sales person said, no pressure how much do you want to pay? I said between 500-1000 over invoice is fair. This price they quote INCLUDED the financing credit of 2500, but it was still probably 2k OVER invoice. He failed to mention the 3500 ECO credit. I was going to give him a chance and said, can you tell me what the trade in value of our car is? They left came back and asked if our trade in was an 04, I said the registration says 2008.

Then came the shocker. He said, it was worth 5-6k less than what KBB said a fair trade in value would be and I know we probably wouldn't get that but 5-6k LESS? The manager on duty that priced the trade in said, well we can meet you half way. He also stated that we had the hood repainted insinuating that we had an accident and was covering it up. We have a CLEAR car fax and we NEVER repainted the hood!

The next day we went to Prestige in Ramsey NJ. We had gone there last week to test drive the X5d and loved it. After texting/emailing/calling the sales person, we got to one of the lowest prices in our area AND they gave us more for our trade in. less than what we would have liked but still reasonable (4k more compared to Bloomfield which was an INSULT). So we are getting the X5d for 10k less than MSPR - including the 2500 financing and 3500 eco credit. This does not including tax, title and doc fee of 239.00.

That price does not include out trade in value which this deal came in a lot closer to what we expected to get. We *might* be able to get better elsewhere, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with the hassle anymore.

I forgot to mention that at Bloomfield BMW they had something added to the final cost -- a luxury tax fee of $250. Is that legit or did he make that up? I didn't see it on the sales sheet from Prestige.

Overall the experience at Prestige was great (so far) we put down a deposit and will hopefully take delivery soon. They are a big dealer and said that they already have allocations.

My worry is having it built in time to get the 1800 diesel tax credit . We HAVE to take delivery before 12/31... b/c you have to claim it on your 2010 taxes. After that date I think you completely lose out.

Anyway I hope this helped. If you would like the name of the sales person we dealt with I will be more than happy to share. I would like to re-post once we take delivery to MAKE SURE everything does work out well.

PS they have a wonderful service area (to wait) and give out loaners for even an oil change -- I was told.

Thanks for reading.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    It is easier for me find premium fuel than diesel fuel as I usually fill up at Bjs wholesale fuel. I have found most dealers add additional fees to the cap cost to make extra money. When I come up with a final number I tell the sales team this will include what ever fees you must put down on the car purchasing agreement. I have not decided if I am going to get the X5, but the deal breaker is usually the cap cost.
  • kitkat14kitkat14 Member Posts: 16
    Could you share your sales person with me, I have had horrible experiences here in central NJ. ktdad@verizon.net. Thanks.
    I have the same concern regarding IRS tax credit. My dealer told me that my vehicle is scheduled for production in week 48 so I am cutting it very close to the 12/31 deadline.
  • pupppupp Member Posts: 2
    Today I ordered 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium with
    Convenience Package,
    Cold Weather Package,
    Technology Package,
    Running boards,
    Heated rear seats
    & Rear seat entertainment - MSRP 61,875.00
    Paid
    $57,500 - $2,500 (holiday credit) = 55,000
    We plan to order an 2011 X5 35d with
    Technology
    Premium
    Cold Weather
    Rear Climate
    Satellite
    MSRP of $61025, invoice $57185, not including any incentives yet. I have a quote for $54,000 (they are applying the 3500 eco credit). But here is the catch, they are asking for $4122 due at signing, that is all the fees plus the taxes and that is with the $2500 holiday credit. I am having a real hard time understanding these dealers, can anyone help. They gave me a $643 lease, 36 mos., 10k miles.
    Thanks.
    Radhay,

What dealer in NY gave you $500 under invoice?
  • speedy_7speedy_7 Member Posts: 3
    Placed order last week for 2011 X5 35D with following options...
    Premium Package, Rear Climate, Sport Activity, Tech Package, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Roof Rails

MSRP: $64775
    Bought For: $57300
    Plus DMV/Doc fees: $720
    Plus getting an additional $2500 credit towards financing.
    Can't Wait!
  • redspaceredspace Member Posts: 2
    Now I am shopping 2011 x5 35D, I just wonder if it is worthy buying extended maintenance warranty and tire/wheel protect program, it costs about $3000. Anyone can share his/her thoughts? Also the vehicle comes with premium pkg, tech pkg and side-view camera, the selling price is around $50050 + TTL. How about this deal?
    I'm also trying to figure out the costs for the extended warrenty, tire etc. I think I would do the tire one b/c the cost of tires and rims are expensive, but the ext warrenty I'm leary of. I know the manufacturer warrenties do NOT cover wear and tear coverage. I went through warrenty direct to get my last warrenty (which i never used, but its like health insurance..) and they cover almost everything. READ THE CONTRACT CAREFULLY!!!!

Ok so MSRP of my X5d is around 65,575 I got it for 55,270k, not including doc/title/tax. This includes the 2500 finance credit and 3500 eco credit.

The doc fee (239) then there is a title fee/goverment fee of 625 (that was not revealed to me when I signed the contract so I'm a little pissed off at the sales guy) or taxes. Did anyone else see those fees?

Springfield BMW seemed decent to deal with as well and Park Ave BMW told us they would beat any price they got on paper. I have also read on the bimmerfest.com website that if you call karen in Albany GA, she will give you a quote of $500 over invoice! So maybe you can use that as a leverage for Park Ave or Prestige.

So to get back to the other's post... any thoughts on warrenty information and what people paid for it?

Thanks!
    Email me off list for SA names. I have to go home a dig them up....

porkchop1221@yahoo.com
  • a8175a8175 Member Posts: 6
    Please can anyone tell me if BMW in fact has lease loyalty and is so how much is it?
  • nbklq25nbklq25 Member Posts: 2
    Would you mind providing the dealership name, city and state of where you received this deal? Thanks!
    2011 X35i Premium Black Sapphire/ Tobacco:
    -Convenience Package
    -Technology Package
    -Cold Weather Package
    -Floor Mats
    -Tank of Gas
    - $50 towards parts
    -MSRP $59,525
    Price including the the $2500 Holiday credit: $53,600.
    Ordered and in production.
  • kgunnamkgunnam Member Posts: 3
    Just placed order for x5 35d with
    Tech pkg
    Prem pkg
    Cold weather pkg
    Rear climate pkg
    Rear entertainment
    Side camera
    Satellite
    Roof rails
    Comfort access keyless entry

MSRP. 64475. Paid 54150 after Eco credit and holiday credit.
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    Ordered from Elmhurst BMW in Elmhurst IL. This is my 5th car from this dealer and all have been from the same salesman. All the purchases have been a painless and very easy process. This one was the easiest, made 1 phone call received the best price and went into the dealer to order the ca. There wasn't any games played as they know I will not play along. The car is in and should be picking it up sometime this week. Good luck with your purchase. Let me know if there is anything else you need.
    Can you tell us what options and how much you paid ?
  • samp57samp57 Member Posts: 2
    I called a couple of BMW dealers around me (I'm in Nashville, TN), I called Nashville, Kentucky, and Georgia Dealerships.

I am looking for the X5d and was told by a couple of dealerships that the production date would be in January so I would not be eligible for the $2500 Holiday Credit even if I put the order in December.

Has anyone had a problem with this? Is this true?

Thanks!
  • maybe3maybe3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I am in GA, ordered X5 d last week in November and got email from dealership that I am still eligible for the Holiday Credit. Don't know about the production though...
    Not true. Just came back from dealership after placing order. Feel free to mail me at kgunnam at yahoo if you need any more help.
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Member Posts: 15
    Speedy, was the eco credit taken off MSRP or invoice price. I am looking to get similar specs and wanted to make sure I understand how the eco credit and holiday promo of 2.5K are applied. Say if I was able to negotiate invoice +500 will these credits be applied to that px?
    Yes, essentially you should negotiate for a price over invoice and then the 3500
    credit should be applied on top of that. That will give you your sell price. Sales tax will be calculated on that price. Then the 2500 finance credit
    is applied to reduce your amount financed if you finance through BMW. Be careful my dealer didn't tell us about the Eco credit and was bundling it all in as his price off of msrp to start. I had to call another dealer to get a straight answer and a fair quote and then I went back to the original dealer and he came down about 3000 from his original price.
  • samp57samp57 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Kgunnam! I emailed you.
  • vinny_guptavinny_gupta Member Posts: 2
    Could you please share information on your dealership. We are planning to order X535D exactly with your specifications.

Thanks.
  • xykongxykong Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote from my local dealer in San Francisco for 52000 on
    the x5 35i Premium model with the following packages,

technology
    convenience
    running boards

This includes the $2500 holidy credit which requires financing through BMW.

Any thoughts on the deal ? Thanks.

Frank
  • vinny_guptavinny_gupta Member Posts: 2
    speedy_7, can you please share which dealership you ordered your 2001 X5 35D. I need to order one with similar specs. Thanks in advance.
  • bmwsfbaybmwsfbay Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me if the holiday credit is a once-a-year kind of promotion? A friend tells me he sees the credit every few months. I want to take advantage of it now if it is really a once-a-year deal. Thanks in advance.
  • ajd1423ajd1423 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a 2011 BMW X5 diesel...I feel I got a good deal on a lease, but please tell me what you think because this is my second lease (first to BMW).

2011 BMW X5 diesel
    Technology Package
    Rear Climate Package
    iPod Adapter
    Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
    running boards
    wheel arch extensions
    20" style 336 wheels/tires
    heated seats
    floor mats
    roof racks

0 down, $859/mo +tax. total due at signing including first months payment is $1,302.

good or bad deal?

ALSO, do you think the X5 looks better with or without roof racks? Ill never use them...so they are just for looks? Yes or no?!

THANKS!
  • ajd1423ajd1423 Member Posts: 2
    continued from above post:
    36 months, 15k/year
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    What is MSRP of your car ?
  • blackfx35blackfx35 Member Posts: 6
    I am in the market for an X5d that I hope to purchase within three weeks. So I understand correctly, is this how I should negotiate.

Invoice price plus 500-1000 dollars. Then subtract Eco credit and 2500. So it should be approx 5k below invoice that is beingo financed? Vs msrp minus Eco minus holiday credit.

Thanks so much. Also, does this hold true for a vehicle that needs to be ordered and built (not one that is on a lot)?

Thanks
  • blackfx35blackfx35 Member Posts: 6
    I live in Charlotte nc, so only an hour plus away from the performance center/factory. I plan on ordering a x5d with performance center pick up. As such, I am wondering if in theory I can purchase it from any dealership without having to actually step foot in the dealership - not concerned with where it is since I will do performance delivery. First question. Does it work this way? Or is there something I am not thinking of here (taxes, etc). Second question. If this is doable, what dealership do you suggest....obviously one that is particularly price aggressive? Thanks so much.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,429
    You've got a fantastic idea & it can be done. Your only problem may come during the few times you service the X5. The dealership may only give loaner cars out to people who purchased their cars at that dealership or they might not give you priority service appointments. Shop around some local dealers and try to get the best price out of them. Invoice + $500 - Eco Credit - Holiday Credit.

Good luck. keep us posted.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• jefft788jefft788 Member Posts: 5
    was the $54150 before tax ?
  • sny40sny40 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me where is the dealer you placed your order? Thank You!
    Paul Miller Bmw in NJ. Ask for Bob C.
    We just picked up the X5d yesterday! I think we put the order in 11/22.

We LOVE IT! I got a very very good price from Rich marcus at Prestige in Ramsey NJ. They are super nice. Only negative is that I felt a little pressured from the finance guy to buy some extra stuff, but I'm an adult and know when to say yes or no. LOL.

Anyway, the experience there has been fabulous. They have an great waiting area upstairs with complimentary food, TV, water, soda, etc for anyone. There is pretty much always a loaner (BMW) for you even for an oil change (we were told) and Rich was excellent. If you go to him, I think he'd like to know that we recommended him.

We bought a blue with beige interior X5d -- I don't think too many of those were sold recently!
  • jefft788jefft788 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    anyone know a good dealer in San Francisco Bay area ? I am looking for a x5 35D.
    my email is jefft788 at gmail
    Thanks