Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jacqueslanjacqueslan Member Posts: 10
    $47995. How much discount can I ask ?

Similar to your but ni tech. sports pkg instead. no navi.
  • Options
    luckyheroluckyhero Member Posts: 4
    Mine has Navigation, rear view camera and I bought it in Sept of last year. My dealer quoted $50K and came down to $46K. You can easily bargain for $3-4K.
    Also, if u r looking for financing, Penfed has great rates on new/used autos.
  • Options
    jacqueslanjacqueslan Member Posts: 10
    Thanks you I will target $4k on my hunt.
  • Options
    ttopper1ttopper1 Member Posts: 18
    :confuse: I am about to take delivery on an 2011 X5 D that I have the $2500 BMW finance bonus cash, the ecco credit of $3500, and a purchase price of $1000 over invoice. Seems like a good deal I can't get on a 2012??

I hear the 2012 however from sources is to start production in April and the upgrades to the wheels, electronics, etc on the vehicle etc are worth the wait...thoughts????
  • Options
    mapcmapc Member Posts: 2
    Where did you find a dealer who would do $1000 over invoice?
  • Options
    Cynda....fleet sales at Shelley BMW in Buena Park , Calif.....tell them the guy from Seattle referred you.....
  • Options
    vonraussvonrauss Member Posts: 25
    I'd be careful about waiting, because there's no guarantee that A)the $3500 eco-credit will be available and B) you'll get the dealer to come down to $500-1000 over invoice. Also, keep in mind that the financing rates are often much higher when the new model years start to roll in.

I just took delivery on my X5d yesterday. Ended up paying about $400 over invoice, plus took advantage of the $3500 eco credit. I'm very happy with the car so far.

Oh, and I'd definitely recommend going for the upgraded sound system. Its a must-have.
  • Options
    mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Very few X5 35i or 35d 2011 available. Most around loaded with extra nonsense. Went to the dealer today, received 2012 details. The 35i premium has standard upgrades but may not be worth the cost.
  • Options
    rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    forgive my ignorance. What is "$2500 BMW finance bonus cash"? How did you get this?

Thanks
  • Options
    kackikacki Member Posts: 18
    BMW Finance offered this cash back for financing (most of?) their cars recently. The deal ended Dec 31 AFAIK. To add icing to his gravy (ick, bad mental picture), the rate was only zero point nine.
  • Options
    rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    thanks -- that explains it (thought I was missing something)!
  • Options
    pappu2pappu2 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy BMW 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium
    . The dealer in Cincinati has given us a quote around 62k after all notiations. The base price in USA is $54,800, 3500$ convinience package , and remaining are other fees. Is there any chance that I can negotiate on 54,800 ? Please help me and advice me if you know any good dealer.

Note : I have to wait 5 weeks once I made an order to get 2012 X5 model.

Thanks
    Justin
  • Options
    raksgalraksgal Member Posts: 18
    Hi Vonrauss,

Can you please post your deal details for X5d (Diesel)? Did you buy or lease ?

Are you saying your sale price = (Invoice Price + 400) - $3500 (eco credit)?

Can you please post the exact specs (options) on your car, City and Dealer Name ?

Thanks
  • Options
    javaman47javaman47 Member Posts: 7
    Hello All,

I am looking to get an idea of how much negotiating I should do on a new X5 i am interested, specs below. I have not purchased a BMW before and have no clue how much over invoice i should be shooting for. It seems like people are getting great deals on the 35d but i am interested in the 35sport activity. I will purchase in Illinois. Thanks! :)

35i Sport Activity
    Technology Package
    Convenience Package
    Comfort Access
    Running Boards
    Heated Front Seats
    Satellite Radio
    Premium Sound
  • Options
    ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    What kind of deals people are getting on 35d?
    Are you buying 2012 or 2011?
  • Options
    What state you are in?
    What is your final price?
  • Options
    contact 1 click auto brokers in denver colorado and see if that helps...if not please e-mail me back and I can give you some ideas to try to get the right pricing even in Illinois......
  • Options
    I am looking at 2011, but now that i am thinking about it if i order and dont get the car until late may or june would that put me into the 2012 production schedule?
  • Options
    Thanks ttoper1, I will check out 1 click auto brokers and see what I get.
  • Options
    from what i see, bmw is taking orders for 2012 now
  • Options
    Overpriced and limited 2011 available with 35i or 35d. I believe the 2012 are too expensive as the prices have gone up due to making some of the prior options now standard. One is going to pay more when one has to order a vehicle rather than buying one off the lot when there are multiple units available. I think this is a great suv, but price has stopped me from pursuing this vehicle.
  • Options
    I called the dealership up yesterday and discussed the new pricing for 2012. For the same options and car the prices has gone up nearly 3800. I love the X5 but I am totally rethinking it now with this price jump. Unfortunately they have been unable to locate a 2011 with the options I was looking for. Bummer.
  • Options
    I would ask the dealer for a printout of new pricing and options for 2012. The new standard packages do not have options most people want. Rear view camera an option. Navigation is an option as is satellite radio. Most car review sites have high ratings for BMW X5 35, but state one pays a high price tag for the options.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    "For the same options and car the prices has gone up nearly 3800."

I don't believe this is accurate. You might want to investigate a little further. Yes the base price has gone up by something like that amount but several items are standard now.

As it is common knowledge in the car biz that options make more profit (on a % basis) than the base car, this is a profit-making move that is made to appear to be similar value for money. If you were going to buy the options anyway then that's mostly true, but if you are a 'base-car' buyer then you are shelling out more. Getting more, yes, but...
  • Options
    I tried to build a base vehicle for 2012. I do not need real leather as fake leather is okay. I believe a rear view camera is important, one cannot get this as an option in the base model. I agree all options are personal preferences, not a necessity. I would have to get the X5 35 premium for the backup camera.
  • Options
    I stand corrected. My earlier statement was indeed inaccurate. After I got a copy of the revised options for 2012 it appears the sales associate double changed for the options that were now part of other packages or had become standard. When all was said and done my over all cost only increased $350. I am going to go ahead with the Sport Activity. With an MSRP of 64475 they are offering $2000 off. That is a good place to start, going to negotiate this week and see where we can get to. I cant wait!
  • Options
    scpowscpow Member Posts: 9
    Please let us know how you do. We haven't seen 2012 prices discussed too much here. I am looking for a good deal on the premium pkge. Any thoughts on where I should be for a "Good Price?"
  • Options
    I would suggest you try 1 click auto brokers in Denver, Colo....they seem straight forward and honest. I have dealt with them a bit in conversation and details of the new pricing and found them to be very sincere and fair...
  • Options
    lookingforcarslookingforcars Member Posts: 18
    Received the following quote for an X5 with 3rd row, xm radio and convenience pkg.

lease for 12K miles/yr, 36 mos.
    total OOP of $4,000 and quote of $801/month (inclusive of taxes).

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    I think this is the highest price i have seen on this forum
  • Options
    What is OOP?
  • Options
    lookingforcarslookingforcars Member Posts: 18
    $4000 was the total out of pocket expenses. 2012 premium models have added a lot more equipment making for a higher base MSRP price.
  • Options
    Looks like bmwusa.com has the new 2012 pricing and options packages up. I believe the cold weather package includes the heated steering wheel however it is not listed.
  • Options
    nsfwnsfw Member Posts: 2
    Looks like the 35d is not up yet. the URL still has 2011 in it.
  • Options
    jcartwrightjcartwright Member Posts: 7
    The 2012 35d will not be available until October, there are varying theories as to why the diesel is being held back, but the bottom line is that it's a 2011 until then. I bought a 2011 35d on March 31st. I found a Platinum Grey with Black interior at a dealer about 1 hour from my home (Open Road BMW in Edison,NJ), here are the details:

Premium Pkg
    Convenience Pkg
    Technology Pkg
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Rear Climate Pkg
    Roof Rails
    Running Boards
    IPod/USB & Satellite Radio

MSRP - $61,825
    Paid - $54,033

Negotiated to within a couple hundred of invoice then included the Eco Credit (which is extended at least through May) to end up at just over $54k. I also used Bank of America (3.49% for 72 months is advertised, actual APR ended up at 3.67% - still better than BMW Financial's 4.9% for 72 months on the diesel). The 2012 will include a few more options (in a config similar to the one above) for about the same price; but I didn't want to wait until October for BMW Apps, Comfort Access Key and a HiFi system. The diesel will work out for me as well...even at around $.20 more per gallon than gasoline, I'll save $600 per year, driving 2k miles per month (23 mpg for diesel vs. 19 mpg for gasoline). Plus the torque on the diesel is outstanding!
  • Options
    seepicseepic Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    I was quoted $38K on a 2008 3.0si with premium and cold weather package. I know it has some room for negotiation. Could someone let me know what ballpark would be a good OTD price and what I should start with? Thanks!
  • Options
    mets86mets86 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2011
    Advice on pricing please - I met with my BMW dealer in NYC yesterday. I'm leasing another X5 (this will be my 3rd one). Dealer quote is listed below. It seems fair to me, but I welcome any advice:

MSRP $54,800
    Conv. Package
    3rd Row
    Running Boards
    10k/yr mileage
    36 mos.
    MF .00155
    $4,260 down (includes all taxes and fees)
    Adj. Cap Cost: $58,595
    $755/mo (does not include taxes in monthly pmt)
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Is that CAP cost a typo?

$4260 upfront, and the CAP is more than the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    zoranzoran Member Posts: 69
    When are we expecting 2012 models and if there are current incentives?
  • Options
    mets86mets86 Member Posts: 12
    Sorry - yes, it was a typo. The MSRP is $61,175 and the CAP is $58,595. Please advise your thoughts. Thanks.
  • Options
    bigapple331bigapple331 Member Posts: 6
    2011 X5 35d + premium package + 3rd row seats + PDC + roof rail, MSRP 58675, dealer's best price is 52795 including eco credit. I am in Seattle, seems not a good place to get best deal. Thanks
  • Options
    scpowscpow Member Posts: 9
    Met with a BMW dealer in SW Connecticut (near NYC). They said the best price that they could offer is 52,755. This is for the premium package without any other options/upgrades. Additional costs were DMV fee $175; Doc fee $275; and 6% state tax. Does anyone think that this is a good price?

Thanks
  • Options
    jcartwrightjcartwright Member Posts: 7
    Ran your config thru the Zag buying tool offered by USAA, AAA and Amex among others (basically a no haggle, car buying service for members). According to them, the best price they have is $53,445 (incl. Eco Credit), so I think you're doing well with the quote you have. It seems Seattle is a tough place to get a deal, same config in PA comes up at $51,645...sorry...
  • Options
    goluckigolucki Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy X5 35i (2011) with
    premium pkg
    technology pkg
    convenience pkg
    smart phone integration
    running boards
    premium sound
    heated front seats and ventilated front seats
    3rd row seats
    Sand Beige leather. I haven't bought BMW before. Please advice me on what price would be a good deal while bargaining. I am in Texas.
  • Options
    I suggested it earlier to others try 1 click auto brokers in denver....look them up....they can handle these things and test your pricing....they seem fair and reasonable from my dealings with them and I am not an agent or associated with anyone..
  • Options
    In southeast florida slim pickings on X5 35i including base, premium and sport. More 35d available, but also hard to find. Any units available thiere is basically no discount except eco credit for diesel. I see alot of retired folks driving them, why they do not get into the cadillac or toyota small SUV I cannot understand. Good luck with finding a X5, I may go with ML mercedes benz.
  • Options
    carolenccarolenc Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to figure out a good price point for the BMW 535 Gran Turismo. I don't mind ordering this from a dealer located outside of Texas as long as I get a better deal. Let me know. Thanks all!
  • Options
    cembarcembar Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning to order the 2011 X5 diesel with Premium package only. I heard that 2012 will not be out till later in the year. I've received several quotes and the best one I have so far is $ 53,000 (including the eco-credit and all other charges & sales taxes). MSRP for that car is $56,075 (inc. destination).

Do you think it's a good deal? Or do you think I should wait till October to order 2012 X5 Diesel instead?

Thank you!
  • Options
    Sales taxes vary, so am talking round(ed) numbers here. Assuming taxes and fees add 9% to the overall price, that means you have a net of about $48,000. Taking away eco credit (is it still 3500?) from 56000, you have 52500, which means a discount of 4500, which is about 8% of msrp, which IMO is really good.

Double check your numbers and mine and if they jibe, then go for it.

The D for 2012 will be out around Sep/Oct and will probably have mostly cosmetic/electronic changes, LED coronas and BMW Apps being the most significant of these. No drivetrain changes AFAIK.
  • Options
    ckgizmockgizmo Member Posts: 8
    Hi All,

I am reviewing overnight on this 2011 X5 35d custom order for June allocation. Could you please let me know if it's a good deal or not??

Alpine White, Black Interior and Dark Bamboo trim

ZPP Premium Package
    ZAP Sport Activity Package (19-inch wheels)
    ZPS Premium Sound Package
    ZRC Rear Climate Package
    ZTP Technology Package
    322 Comfort Access
    328 Running Boards
    494 Heated Front Seats
    6NR BMW Apps

MSRP: $65,825
    Sales price after Eco credit: $59,500 including floor mats and trunk liner.

Lease options:

48 month, 10K miles/year, 48% residual and $725 Bank fees
    MF=.00121 after OLP and max MSD
    Monthly= 692.42 plus 8.75% tax = 753.01

42 month, 10K miles/year, 52% residual and $725 Bank fees
    MF=.00121 after OLP and max MSD
    Monthly= $715.10 plus 8.75% tax = 777.67

Thanks in advance for your help!!