Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pilotnewbiepilotnewbie Member Posts: 8
    Glad to hear your comment regarding stereo. We pick up our X5d on Saturday - had a hard time locating one with all we wanted. The one we selected had the crazy stereo upgrade package. Have been nervous I just wasted $1300.00.
    Have a 2008 135i now - the stereo really stinks IMHO.

Cant wait to pick up car. Black with sand beige interior. Planning 2-week driving trip up east coast in late September. Gonna see what kind of mileage I can eek out of that turbo diesel.

Happy trails!
  • pilotnewbiepilotnewbie Member Posts: 8
    Just negotiated deal on 2011 X5d here in Ohio. It is black with sand beige interior. Has the tech package, hi-fi upgrade, premiere package, cold weather package, sport package, running boards, navigation, comfort access, all the smartphone stuff. MSRP was right at $65K. They dropped price $5K and we got an additional $1k for loyalty and $3500 for ECCO credit. So we paid $55,500 + tax and title to get it out the door. All in all I was happy with the deal. Same dealer I purchased 135i from back in 2008. Great to deal with.

Okay deal? Too late now.

Cool thing was they did most of the dealing via email....didnt have to visit multiple times. I like that.
  • realgenirealgeni Member Posts: 26
    My first post her.

I am in Northan CA and I have been quoted $61,000/- for the followign configuration and the MSRP is $64,725/-

Let me know what is best price I can negotiate to?

Cold Weather Package$750.
    Premium Sound Package$1,500.
    Technology Package$1,700
    Convenience Package$3,500.
    Multi-contour seats$1,300.
    Running boards$300.
    Destination & Handling:$875

Thank you
  • trippctrippc Member Posts: 27
    I am currently negotiating with some of my local dealers for an 2012' X5 Premium but with different options and right now I'm looking at . I priced yours out and cam up with an invoice of $60,110. If you're affliated with Amex or PenFed car buying program, it could potentially knock another $500 off. That said, there are a few incentives that is currently not very public or advertised. The first being for loyaty customers. Which means that if you're a 05' and above BMW owner past or present, is eligble for $1000 credit. Additionally, there is a running $1730 (esentially the invoice of the navi) option credit available when financing. So in short, if you applied both credits, your cost should be around $57000. That would be the price to pay - if the dealer is willing to deal else walk out and look for another. One key thing to remember is option credit should be added net of your purchase. Hopefully this helps..
    Thank you tripp.

Sales person gaev his new price of $60,317/-

I came to know about the navigation credit last night. I am not an existing BMW customer, so I will not get the $1000/- credit for that.

I am PENFEd memeber , i will check out their car buyign program.

I will keep the form updated with my progress.

Will have test drive this week end.
    Does any one know about

$1500 build out incentive/allowance for 2012 BMW.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Hi
    I am in northern ca and wanted to know the dealer you are working with?
    There is 1730 credit for Navigation and you can get 1000 if you participate in BMW test drive at a participating dealer
    I am working with Neillo BMW
    I do not think the test drive credit is there any more
  • ttopper1ttopper1 Member Posts: 18
    trippc....

I am now working on a deal that a dealer that is already offering you $500 over invoice on X5 with options....how do you get the nav incentive, the BMW owner incentive (I may trade-in my 2007 X5) ....and I am Amex cardholder
    ttopper1..
    you should go to this amex car buying service (as long as you're an amex member which is pretty much everyone nowadays) and price it out yourself.

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html

Essentially, I priced my X5 Premium with the following options.

3rd Row Seat (4UB)
    Cold Weather Pkg (ZVW)
    Comfort Access Keyless Entry (322)
    Convenience Pkg (ACV)
    Running Boards (328)

Invoice: $51,870 (incld'ing Dest Charge)
    Options: $2690
    Total: $57,560

MSRP: $55,675
    Options: $6,250
    Total: $61,925

Your Price (going thru the Amex Program)
    Base: $51,362
    Options: $5,690 (as you can see thru the pgm, you should pay invoice price)
    Incentives: Loyalty & Navi Option Credit: $2730
    Your Cost: $54,322

So in short, you should be at least getting $7500 off msrp.

I was just in the dealership today for a test drive and walked away extremely impress with the ride. Beats the crap out of my ML.

However, my experience with the dealer was as smooth b/c he wasn't that up front/honest. I was offered $57,400 net of the incentives. I question about what was included and the guy said everything that is available. Then I ask for the itemized amounts. He then went to his mgr and came back saying that I should be eligible for the loyalty incentive. That was strike 1. 2nd strike came when I pull out this amex printout with the $54,322 price. He then said that there was a $1000 difference due to for some reason the site (amex) didn't include the comfort access keyless entry option. I was scratching my head for some time and just trusted him. In the end, he wasn't willing to go below $56,400 as he didn't want to lose out on his cut ($750). Not sure if that is really the case but doubt it. I walked. Unconvinced, I went back to the Amex site and rebuild the X5. Little did I know, if you select the Convenience Pkg, the comfort access keyless entry is included for the grand price of msrp $3,500. So he was trying to slip one in. I'm in discussion with another dealer in hopes which is willing to give it to me for that price. And finally, strike 3 came when I ask the dealer (the dealership has a sign that says they'll match the price of any BMW dealer as long as it's in writing) if the dealership was going to match the offer if I have it in writing and that it eats into his $750. He said NO. Sorry for this never ending paragraph.
    ttopper1..

Sorry but I forgot to reply to your org inquiry.

The nav incentive $1730 is really automatic. Just add the convenience pkg and the credit should be taken off net of your final amt - that is if your dealer is honest b/c mine first one wasn't. The BMW loyalty incentive is somewhat automatic. I would go to the amex site i posted earlier and price out your SUV and bring in the printout but don't show it right off the bat rather flip it out when he/she gives you the final amt. This way, it'll give you an indicator whether that person is honest of just taking you for a ride. Hope this helps..
    Test drive day.

Drove a 35d (2011) and a X5 Premium.

Liked the Premium. Deisel was littel more engine noise, felt needed a push in the begining.

Any how, Delar ready to offer at the Invoice price, no haggle yet. Told them will be back after test driving the Audi & Lexus.

Lexus GX felt like glorified truck. Audi Q5 with V4 was not that exciting, but the slaes man claims he is selling thme like a hot cake. Q7 was little bigger, nothign different than the Q5 except size. Lexus and Audi can really refine interiors. Feeels like same interiors as five years ago.
    Tippc

I did try to use the Amex system about a year ago and they were no where near net invoice...I got a better direct dealer $500 over invoice deal myself. I guess things have changed with them? What about the incentive credits you mentioned? Does Amex address customer loyalty credit, nav credit, etc?. Thanks for offering your expertise and help. Ttopper.
    Yeah I too didn't like the 35d as it was just a little more noisier beside the power differential. If Dealer is ready to deal, hang on to them for a little longer as you're doing the right thing by testing other brands out. In the end, I would hand them two brand models and that it was the price that is in the way. X5 Premium, New ML350 and Q7 are good comparisons. Towards the end of the month is a good time to deal although not scientifically proven. Let me know what happens.
    To be brutally honest, most dealers push these programs down and saying that it is impossible to match. Fact of the mater is that this is a good guidance as to what to expect and how honest the dealers can be. There is a dealer right now that is willing to deal with this price of Amex's. So I'll let you know once I push that through. With regards to does Amex offer their customer the incentives, you'll have to go on to the site I published earlier and price it out. In the incentives page, there is the option of including those two (who wouldn't) proving that that program is indeed genuine.
  • beaming1beaming1 Member Posts: 17
    We built our 2012 X5 Premium with a dealer in SC and are doing PCD in October.

X5 Premium
    Sapphire Black Metallic
    Oyster interior/dark burl wood trim
    Convenience Package($3500)
    3rd row($1700)
    Running boards($300)
    BMW APPS ($250)

MSRP - $61425
    We had the Olympic drive credit and negotiated a price of approx $56,400

Can't wait to pick up the new "baby" on the 10th!!

GOOD LUCK!! :)
    Any one out there who recently bought a 2012 X5 in Septemeber, please share you experince and pricing.
  • bigapple331bigapple331 Member Posts: 6
    I placed an order for 2012 X5 35d:

Packages: Premium, Cold weather, and Technology
    Options: 3rd row seats, BMW Apps

MSRP: $65075, my price is $57230 before tax and title. The production will be scheduled in the first week of October, expected delivery time should be on late October or early November.
    What discounts did you get?

Did you negotiate directly with the delaer or used websites like Amex Car buyign Program?
    Discounts include eco credit $2500 and Nav credit $1730. The negotiation process was really simple, I wrote my configuration and a desired price to a local dealer, they accepted, so we made a deal. I didn't use Costco or Amex buying program, because Amex website has no 2012 X5 diesel yet. I recommend you try TrueCar.com, they are very professional and responsive, they help you compare price among several dealers.
    I thoguth the ECO credit was $3500/-
    For 2011 model, there are $3500 but no Nav credit, for 2012 model, the eco credit is decreased to $2500 but has Nav credit
    I still the NAV credit for the regualr 2012 X5's.

So it is nto availble for deisal?
  • beaming1beaming1 Member Posts: 17
    We paid $56g and change for an MSRP of $61425. We negotiated and had the Oympic Drive credit. We went with a dealership in SC. PCD Oct 10th!! :D Good luck!

2012 X5 Premium
    Black Sapphire
    Oyster interior
    Conveinece package
    3rd row
    running boards
    BMW APPS
    What is Onlympic credit and how much?

When will this expires?
  • midtowneastmidtowneast Member Posts: 49
    BMW conducted a Drive for the team driving event over the summer. If you took part and were registered you were given a 1000.00 credit for participating. The credit expires on Oct 31st.
  • 2012x52012x5 Member Posts: 11
    I want to buy a 2012 X5. I want xDrive 35i with features:
    navigation system
    iphone adapter
    convenience package

I donot need leather or other features

The MSRP is $52000+. The quote I got from local dealers is nearly $50K, and they told me I could not get navigation incentive of $1730.

Why cannot I get the navigation incentive? I hear if you add navigation system, the incentive will be added automatically.

Can I get a better price? I hope to get $46K-47K,. thinking of contacting dealers in other areas, and have the car shipped. is it possible?

thanks
    thanks
    You shoudl check the price on the Amex Car buying Program website and then start your negotiations from there.

Also its good to list out your requirments and then come upm with a price you want to offer and negotiate from there. Do nto negotiate one item at time, it stresses you out and thats whay the dealer wants.

Truecar or Amex program can give you some price points negotiate.
    Thank you for the reply
    The local best price I got from both truecar and Amex is 48200
    But I did buy a ford fusion before with a price lower than the truecar best price, so I guess I could still get the price lower than 48200 based on my previous experience.
    Wondering how much room is there to lower the price. I read stories on this webiste about buying x5 with prices much much lower than msrp. How did guys make it!?
  • vlad7777vlad7777 Member Posts: 3
    Bigapple331,

What dealeship you used to get the deal.
    I am looking for th esame configuration (almost) - would like to get to the dealer that can do it.

Best regards.
    Vladimir
    BMW Seattle, are you in Seattle area?
  • vlad7777vlad7777 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry - exact opposite from the West Coast.

I am in NY, NJ, PA area.

The spread between MSRP and your purchase offer lokks really good by my area standards.
    I am trying to buy 2012 X5 Diesel with Cold, Premium, Technology and Sport Activity packages + 20" Wheels and Premium Sound with Satellite radio andRunning Boards and BMW apps - comes out to $68,725MSRP - deducting ECO and NAV credits results $64,475 - I am trying to pay $60K, but so far no willing sellers.
    It is too new -- so will wait a little - even BMW site does not have the BYO for 3.5D model
    It seems BMW is working on getting the certificate to sell diesel cars in US, so that's why this car will be available until Oct.

You can get the invoice price from Edmunds.com, so you can try to negotiate a markup with your dealers. I offered $1000 to them, they accepted, so simple.
  • georgegugeorgegu Member Posts: 5
    Came back from a dealer with following offer (to be built price):

2012 xDrive 35i +
    navigation system
    convenience package

Quote from the dealer is ~ $48,500 (including $1,000 loyalty and $1,730 Nav credit)

The invoice is $46,210 (base + Nav + convenience pkg - $1,730) therefore the markup seems to be: $48500 - 46210 +1000 = $3,290

Any feedback is welcome as it seems to me a bad deal. Tks.
    I am looking at your deal and wondering ....

if you get the invoice price of the car with options and then deduct the $1730 nav credit and $1000 loyalty credit that should be the price to look at and add the dealers necessary profit over invoice.

I think you can find a dealer who will do $500 to $800 over if you search....also try 1Click auto brokers in Centennial. Colo. Josh.....I live in Seattle and he can delivery through a local dealer all over U.S......
    I have heard the navigation credit does not come with the 5.0 X5 purchase.....is this excluded from 35D too?

Does anyone know how long the loyalty and navigation credits are going to be offered by BMW?

Thanks...
    I agree with you 100% on the logic instead of dealer's $$ discount from MSRP approach. It's hard to find a dealer in DFW area who is willing to do even $1000 over because of a "zero inventory".

Therefore I will explore the "remote" purchase venue. Tks.
    got a quote from a dealer:

2012 X5 35i

base model + convenience package + navigation system

$47,410.00+ fees

Is this a good price? Can I go any lower? I contacted several dealers in my area, and they all said they could not match the price.

I saw a post at other websites saying he just bought one:
    x35i base model +
    Navigation System +
    Nevada Leather +
    Convenience Package +
    Heated Front Seats

and paid only 47677 + fees.

Thank you for your advice.
  • texas2000texas2000 Member Posts: 4
    Depending upon whether you own a BMW or not ('05 or later I guess), the $47410 would be either 1200 or 2200 over invoice. The other posting in this forum earlier said an offer of 48500 in Texas. IMHO, it could be lower.

I am not sure where you discovered the 47677, and it is a better deal because the leather pkg alone is 1500+.
    Thank u. This is what I dunt understand,
    My invoice price got from Edmund is 47940. And the seller price is 47410. Why you say my price is 1200 or 2200 above invoice. Is there another invoice price out there? Where can I find it? Thank you
  • texas2000texas2000 Member Posts: 4
    The simple answer to your confusion is, there is a $1730 Navigation credit from BMW (until Oct 31 I believe) thus 47410 - (47940 - 1730) = 1200 markup. Also there is a BMW loyalty credit of $1000 until 12/31 (1200+1000 = 2200). Hope this helps.
    which part of US did u get the 47410 quote, thanks.
    OR
    Is it a good price?
    It's a good price, and it certainly could be better.

Take a look at truecar website for some interesting stats, e.g.

National Avg Paid: $47678 (MSRP $52075) with a "great price" of $47138
    thank you. trying to bring it down to 47000
  • jcc5jcc5 Member Posts: 11
    2012 X5 Premium

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    ACTIVE VENTILATED SEAT PACKAGE
    PREMIUM SOUND PACKAGE
    RUNNING BOARDS
    3RD ROW SEAT

MSRP: $65,175.00
    Invoice: $60,540.00

got quote from several dealers at around 603xx with 1730 Nav. incentive.
    However, one dealer quotes me 59,310.
    Should 59,310 be reasonable or they just try to get me there?
    So the real invoice should be
    60540 - 1730
    and seems they charge 1500 above the invoice..
    go for it as it's merely several hundreds above invoice.
    seller sent to me:
    This is the Breakdown of the INVOICE from BMW the manufacture:
    Base Model X5 $43,700
    MAACO $450
    Convenience Pacakage $1910
    Navigation $1730
    Destination $875
    INVOICE $48,665

There is a Navigation Credit for $1730

My selling price is $47,410 plus fees.

I am asking for 47000 plus fees, but he said I have to pay MAACO - MAACO is BMW's advertising cost. MAACO is included on ALL new BMW's.
    is that true?

thanks