Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bimmer2000bimmer2000 Member Posts: 2
    maco is not legit invoice item.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    MACO is a regional advertising charge..

It is on the invoice of most dealers in any sort of metropolitan area..

If you are asking a dealer to sell you at invoice, you'll likely see it... If unsure, ask the dealer to show you the VIR (Vehicle Inquiry Report), which is the invoice for that particular vehicle.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bimmer2000bimmer2000 Member Posts: 2
    other forum postings showed a lower MAACO figures eg. 300 (if there is one), and it may not be applicable depending upon ED or BMWNA.

Base model is a little higher (vs kbb's 43425).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You are correct.. it doesn't apply to ED..

It does vary by dealer area... The last VIR that I had access to was in the Atlanta area, and the MACO was $400 on a $55K car...

In the last couple of years, $400 seems to be the most common amount cited...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• texas2000texas2000 Member Posts: 4
    47410 (or 47000 if you can get it) is attractive despite the minor maaco charge...
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Which city and state you are in?
    Here in Bay Area ca, dealers are selling between 500-1500 over invoice, depending on the Sales person you are dealing with
  • jcc5jcc5 Member Posts: 11
    Bay area CA. is there any specific dealer you can get 500 over invoice most likely?
  • alexk2alexk2 Member Posts: 6
    I just paid 47,375 for the following configuration:

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    BLACK, NEVADA LEATHER SEAT TRIM
    PLATINUM GREY METALLIC
    HEATED FRONT SEATS
    NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    SATELLITE RADIO
  • 2012x52012x5 Member Posts: 11
    where are you?
    have you applied Olympic credit or loyalty credit?
    and 2012? that's a good deal
  • alexk2alexk2 Member Posts: 6
    Loyalty and Navi Credit. I'm in the Boston area
  • texas2000texas2000 Member Posts: 4
    That's the best deal I have ever seen, congratulations.

Did you get any other discount besides the loyalty and nav credit? It appears you just paid the invoice price. Tks.
  • ttopper1ttopper1 Member Posts: 18
    Who qualifies for the "Olympic" credit or "Loyalty" credit ? Do you have to have or hand a Loan with BMW financial?

Also, anyone have an idea of what's the status of 2012 X5 diesel production start up and pricing?
  • tiodegraztiodegraz Member Posts: 3
    I was in my dealership this weekend and priced out a new 2012 x5 35D, which is supposed to be begin production this week and deliver in 2-6 weeks.

Any opinion on my quote for a new diesel 2012 x5?

Config:
    Titanium Silver/ Black Leather
    Premium Package
    Active Ventillated Seat Package

$55,500 before taxes
  • jp2011jp2011 Member Posts: 2
    One question: the convenience package is the base model, correct? also from which state did you purchased the X5?
  • jp2011jp2011 Member Posts: 2
    Alex,
    which dealer did you purchase the car? i'm in boston area as well.
    New Diesel deal. Work your pricing backwards with dealer if you can. Invoice not msrp down.
  • trippctrippc Member Posts: 27
    Just got off the phone with the dealer and was presented with this deal. Not sure if it's something to WOW about or still getting pinch. Appreciate all the feedback.

MSRP|Invoice Prices
    X5 - $55200|50415
    Cold Weather - $750|$685
    Convenience - $3500|$3185
    Running Boards - $300|$275
    Navigation - $1900|$1730
    Destination - $875|$875

Total $60625|$57165
    Offered $53000

This is inclusive of loyaty, olympic credit & nav credit.
  • autocrazy4autocrazy4 Member Posts: 2
    From which dealer did you get this deal? Why are you adding Navigation package separately? It is included in Conv.package.
    What was I thinking.. You're totally spot on autocrazy4. It should read like this..

MSRP|Invoice Prices
    X5 - $55200|50415
    Cold Weather - $750|$685
    Convenience - $3500|$3185
    Running Boards - $300|$275
    Destination - $875|$875

Total $60625|$55435
    Offered $53000

This is through OysterBay in NY.
  • autocrazy4autocrazy4 Member Posts: 2
    You should go for it. I am not getting in any similar deals in CA. The best offered so far is $56k+Tax for the above packages.

May be you should email me the copy of quote so that I can negotiate here.
  • laran1laran1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I live in the Boston area and I would like to know where you purchased your X5 so I can contact the deal . I wish I can get similar deal (I'm getting much higher offers than the price you paid)

Thank you in advance
    Wow.. That's good info. I think I will visit the dealership to negotiate the deal a little more as this is something that is agreed upon verbally so have to get this in writing to validate the claim. Will send you a copy of the quote once I have it all sorted out. Thx.
    The dealership is OysterBay BMW in OysterBay NY on the north sound of Long Island. Since this was a verbal quote, the salesperson said nothing is concrete until I step into the dealership which I hope to do so this weekend. Once I seal the deal, I will send over the deal info and salesperson info.
  • kimber6kimber6 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Im thinking of purchasing an X5 35D origionally a 2010 but I cant find one with the options i want so now im looking at the 2011 or 2012. I was wondering if anyone has compared the differences between the X5 35D, and the X5 35i ? Is the 35D worth the extra $ for the higher gas mileage or is the 35i with a lower price tag and low mileage the better deal?
  • krispekrispe Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at a very similar model in GA and want to know what would be a good deal. I'm looking at a

2012 X5 Base
    Leather
    Convience pkg
    Heated front seats
    Sat Radio

Amex buying program is showing an invoice price of $50535 and on top of this I know I can get a NAV credit for $1730 which will give me a price of $48805.
    Is this a good price. How much below invoice can we expect for this model and options. Any recent buyers please share your experience.
    Thanks
    depends on your location
  • jsy916jsy916 Member Posts: 6
    First of all, thank you to everyone who have commented in this X5 forum. All the information and advice have been so valuable!!

I hope to be a first-time BMW owner soon. Here are the specs on the brand-new 2011 X5d (MSRP=$66525):

Alpine white exterior w/ black Nevada leather interior
    Sport Activity Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Premium Sound Pkg
    Rear Climate Pkg
    Technology Pkg
    Comfort Access Keyless Entry
    Matte Black Roof Rails
    Dark Bamboo Interior Wood Trim
    3-Stage Heated Front Seats

We have negotiated the price down to $56700 (includes ECO credit, navigation credit, negotiations, etc.), which is around $5K under invoice and $10K under MSRP. I feel that it's a great price. ANY COMMENTS, THOUGHTS OR RECOMMENDATIONS???
  • jitubatsjitubats Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    You do know most of the options you mentioned at the end are almost included in the packages above..f

This is a pretty good price.
    I had mine speced out pretty closely .. with a total MSRP of 65625, which included the 875 destination charge.

I fianlly got it at 55300, which included the Eco, NAV and BMW drive usa credit. Out of door price was 59200..

-
    J
  • jitubatsjitubats Member Posts: 2
    Not good.
    =62600
    Inv price = 57200
    - Eco
    - Nav
    =52990
    + Dest+tax+tags

Should be your target. I would target max 500 dollars over invoice
    Sounds like a great deal....what dealer?
    I am looking at the following BASE X5 in GA and want to know what would be a good deal. I'm looking at a

2012 X5 Base +
    Leather +
    Convience pkg +
    Heated front seats +
    Sat Radio

Amex buying program is showing an invoice price of $50535 and on top of this I know I can get a NAV credit for $1730 which will give me a price of $48805.

Is $48805 + TTL a good price for above base model with listed features. How much below invoice can we expect for this model and options. Any recent buyers please share your experience.

Thanks
  • pdizzlepdizzle Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I currently have a 528i that I leased with 15k/yr, ending in Dec. I will probably come in 8k miles under that and I never used the stock wheels and tires so they will have zero wear when they go back on.

I want to get into a X5 3.5i sport activity, but since the inventory here is slim, I will probably order it. If I order it this month for a Dec. Delivery will I lock in the loyalty credit and nav credit for Oct.? Or will the Dec. Incentives apply?

Here is the current offer with added options:

Sport activity base msrp: 57,700
    Multi contour seat - 900
    Convenience pkg. - 3500

Total w/ dest. - $62,975

Currently at 58,000 negotiated cap cost though I am not settled on that. My CA is factoring in loyalty and holiday credits to get to this price. What do you guys think?
    I think your deal should look like

62,975-1730 Nav-1000 loyalty-3800discount= 56,445 should be fair.
    You might get better.
    BMW in Phoenix, AZ. I live in Tucson (1.5 hours south)
  • laran1laran1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot!!
    I hope you will get a good deal. I will be surely intrested in getting the deal info and the salesperson info.
  • pdizzlepdizzle Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback, offered the local dealer 57K, he won't budge below 58K so I walked. Maybe it's time to jump brands.
    I posted an entry a couple of days ago regarding a new 2011 X5d that I was thinking about purchasing. After negotiating with 3 different dealerships, I was able to get the same price for a brand new built-out 2012 X5d. So, I signed the bottom line yesterday and made my deposit for the purchase. The hardest part will be waiting for it to be built.

Here are the specs:

Black sapphire metallic exterior
    Oyster Nevada leather interior
    Dark bamboo wood trim
    Sport Activity Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    20" light allow Y-spoke tires
    Multi-contoured seats
    Running boards

The MSRP for the build-out is $65425. We negotiated the price down to $56700 (includes ECO credit, navigation credit, negotiations, etc.), which is around $5K under invoice. I can't wait for my new X5!!! 6 weeks!!
  • vlad7777vlad7777 Member Posts: 3
    I got a similar deal:
    2012 X5 Xdrive 35d
    Black sapphire metallic exterior
    Cinnamon Nevada leather interior
    Dark bamboo wood trim
    Sport Activity Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Cold weather package
    Technology Package
    Premium Sound Package
    19" light alloy with all weather tires (did not go for 20" because of the tires not being all weather which is sort of counter purpose of SUV)
    Running boards
    BMW Apps
    Destination
    Total final transaction $58,897 pus tax

Shows in the factory as being finished in two weeks
    Don't worry, they will call you and do a deal, that is their game always, You have to show them that you are not emotional on the car and willing to walk out on them. The will get excited if they know that you are talking to other dealers in the area. They are calling me 4 times a week just because I told the sales guy that their prices are not competitive and I am talking to other dealers. Do the deal over the phone.
    awesome deal!!! we live in the desert so that's why we went with the bigger tires. so how long ago did you put your order in?? i just want to get a general idea of how long the building process is going to take...
  • gaadi_valagaadi_vala Member Posts: 3
    I have benefited from this forum so many times. Now it is my turn to contribute.
    Just placed an order for a 2012 X5 35i
    MSRP: $53,925
    Invoice : $49,625
    Final deal: $46,400 (after Nav credit, loyalty credit and negotiations).
  • 2012x52012x5 Member Posts: 11
    congrats
    any options?

thanks
  • patmopatmo Member Posts: 2
    What is the current Eco credit? And is the Nav discount $1,750?
    Thanks in a advance
    Pat
    Qatari_vala
    Nice work, what city and dealer, what options you got?
    Great deal. What options?
    Which city and dealer?
    Thanks
  • patmopatmo Member Posts: 2
    Just ordered a 2012 x5 35d
    Active Ventilated Seat Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound

MSRP $64,675
    Bought for $56,020 (plus tax, tags, title and $299 doc fee)

I'm happy with the numbers, and look forward to taking delivery in Greenville, SC!
  • realgenirealgeni Member Posts: 26
    Thats really good price. Can you please share

1. Where did you buy
    2. What discounts were applied (ECo Credit, Navigation credit & What else)
    3. Did the delar offer any additional dicsount
    4. Tricks of your negotiations (Soma data to negotiate this price)

Thank you
  • beaming1beaming1 Member Posts: 17
    We just took delivery of our 2012 X5 Premium last Monday 10/10/11, you will not be disappointed! The experience exceeded our expectations (not many things do that for us) it was incredible and I highly recommend going into Greenville and walking around (your driver will be happy to drop you off and pick you up) for a couple of hours if you can. Have fun and enjoy every minute...it goes so "fast"!!! ;)
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Why the invoice price (before delivery, ads fee etc.) is different on truecars.com and edmunds.com?

Seems like difference of ~$300 in base invoice price. Which is true invoice price, on Truecars.com or Edmunds.com? Edmunds.com is showing less base invoice price for every trim.

Is is cheap to get just base x35i model and add pkg. on it or to get x35i premium?

What is truemarket price for x35i premium model?

Thanks
    It is b/c those sites haven't updated the current msrp prices for the x5's.

Since Oct 1st on, the 35i went up $300 and premium $400 respectively. Don't know about the rest. If you go to bmwusa.com, it'll show you the current msrp price. Hope this helps..