Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    What is dealer discount? Is 6.5% discount consists of holdback, cash back etc...
  • cidsoucidsou Member Posts: 4
    Is there a way to see the status of your order? I have an account at BMW.com and it asks for VIN or production number. The salesman told me to put in the VIN, which I told him I don't have since the car is not built. He has not gotten back to me. Is there any way to do this for a car not yet built?

We ordered the last week of October. The dealer said around XMAS. Any experience on how long the orders typically take.
  • pdizzlepdizzle Member Posts: 3
    Ask the dealer for the production number, then you can track it from the bmw website.
  • cberrytechcberrytech Member Posts: 20
    My salesman was able to give me a VIN as soon as the vehicle dropped into production. Once you get the VIN, you can register it on BMW.com and it will give you the corresponding production number. As far as I know, you need either a partial VIN or production number to check the status. Once you have the numbers, you can call 1-800-831-1117 to find out your status. It is more up to date than the website. When I placed my order, my dealer had a build opening, so I was placed at Priority 1. I ordered my X5 on November 5, it dropped into production on November 7, and was completed November 14. It has since been transferred to the carrier.
  • 35d_ude35d_ude Member Posts: 13
    I'm seeking to have the dealer take 6.5% off MSRP, BEFORE applying any rebates/incentives. I don't know what their holdbacks, etc. are. At 6.5% off MSRP, that's seems to be around what TrueCar regards as a "Good Price".
  • 35d_ude35d_ude Member Posts: 13
    "At 6.5% off MSRP, that's seems to be around what TrueCar regards as a "Good Price"."

That is before incentives/rebates...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who has bought a car, or intends to buy one in November 2011. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 18, 2011 and include your contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• landl1landl1 Member Posts: 5
    Here's the deal I've been offered on a 2012 x5 35d:

MSRP: $64,225 (Premium package, black leather, 3rd row)
    Price: $52,650 (including ECO, Nav and financing incentives)

What do you guys think about the deal?

I hadn't realized until the last couple of days that the diesel version could be either the same price (or even cheaper!) than the gas version, so I'm a bit uninformed about the pros and cons of diesel vs. gas. Can someone fill me in or point me to a good article? If both versions are the same price, which would you pick?

Thanks!!
  • midtowneastmidtowneast Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2011
    I did not consider the shipping option I wanted to drive the truck back home all along. I even took a detour to drive on the blue ridge parkway.
  • vjmovjmo Member Posts: 1
    That looks like an awesome price.
    Where are you getting this? even I would be interested .
    thanks
  • tiodegraztiodegraz Member Posts: 3
    I should be picking up my new diesel tomorrow or on Saturday, and I agree with you that it seems like buying diesel is more cost effective than buying the gas model at this point. Add to that the higher gas efficiency, lower emissions, and the improved torque... Well, that's why I bought diesel. The diesel does have less horsepower and seems a little less quick 0-60 (6.9 vs 6.4 seconds).

Do you happen to be pricing your car on zag or amex? I think that the MSRP be there might be messed up. If you price your car with the spec's that you mentioned on BMW website, the MSRP would be 62,775 so 1450 less the one you quoted. That said, I think that you would be getting a really good price. I received a similar reduction with some slightly different specs. Good luck!
  • realgenirealgeni Member Posts: 26
    Agrre with your assesment of Diesel X5.

But one more factor, When i test drive I felt it was little more noiser than the Gas. As time goes by it may become more

Also about the prioce difference, some of these sites show the price with the destination delivery charges, that why it may look like high.
  • amahmoudamahmoud Member Posts: 2
    How much should i pay for a brand new 2012 X5 35i premium with cold & convenience packages and running boards.? The MRSP is $60,625. The dealer offered $57,000, in addition to $1000 that they will add to my money down, making the total amount to finance around $59,500, is that a good price? (In the Detroit area)
  • amahmoudamahmoud Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer was that?
  • theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    Can someone explain what credits/incentives are available for a first time BMW X5 buyer/lessee? I see stuff here and there but wanted to hear from the horse's mouth . Thanks!
  • gsinillgsinill Member Posts: 13
    Did you check BMW's site?
    Here's what's listed there:
    0.9% Annual Percentage Rate Offer. $2,500 ECO Credit available. $1,730 Option Credit available. $1,000 Credit Available.

The last $1K is for financing through BMW.

Those are the ones I got offered (not sure though I will finance through BMW).
  • cidsoucidsou Member Posts: 4
    I ordered a similar vehicle, the sticker was $61,225. I am paying $55,600 for the vehicle and will get another $1000 off for financing with BMW, so actual price is $54,600. Credits include 1730 nav credit and 1000 finance credit (no loyolty since I sold a BMW more than 1 year ago). I think my deal was fair but not the greatest if you look through these forums. BUT

I had a 2010 BMW 5 series that I sold to someone from Detroit. He flew to Maryland to get the car. It was basically brand new...long story. Anyway, he said BMW, Mercedes etc. in Detroit are very expensive because of the influence of GM, Ford etc. Meaning those who wish to drive foreign luxury cars pay for it. Who knows if he was right, but he did fly to MD to get a BMW.
  • lonelyplanetlonelyplanet Member Posts: 1
    I just put down an order of x5 35i premium with tech pkg, convenience pkg, cold weather pkg, running boards, multi-contour seats. total msrp $63625. got down to $56250. we have a trade-in, need to consider how much we could get from the old one... anyway, we are happy for the price we got.

Went back and forth a few times with several dealers. Thanks for some posts by folks here in this forum, and the information from truecar site, we were pretty much well informed.

Just be firm with your offer, if it is reasonable.

btw, if you own a business, X5 and X6 both could qualify for 100% tax deduction before the end of this year, because they are built in US.
    Thanks for all of the replies! I ended up ordering the 35d and here are the specs on the deal:

35d in Platinum Grey with Black leather interior
    Premium package
    BMW Apps
    iPhone Cradle

MSRP: $61,590
    Negotiated price: $51,562 (including ECO, Nav and financing/leasing credits). Without all of those credits, the price is $56,762.

I calculated the invoice price through edmunds to be $56,705, so I was happy with the deal we got. We ended up leasing it, so I will post the leasing terms in the leasing forum.

Thanks so much to everyone for all of the very helpful information!!
  • wantokuwantoku Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I ordered my X5 35d on 11/8/11. I was told sold cars jump to the front of the line. I confirmed with the dealer that my car is already on a train for Calif. and should arrive by 12/15/11. About 5 weeks.
  • gsinillgsinill Member Posts: 13
    ordered mine (X5d) on 11/9 and will pick it up today at my local dealer :)
  • rmkleinrmklein Member Posts: 9
    Congrats gsinill. Not exactly sure when our order went in and I don't get much clarity from the salesman. I think it was a few days after yours; originally wasn't scheduled for production until the 2nd week of December. It did get bumped up and production started this past Monday. We should have it by the end of next week! Have a good Thanksgiving.
    Ordered my X5 35d on 11/05 and it came in yesterday! Went in and did paperwork today. Soooo happy that I opted for the Sport Package, the anthracite headliner is beyond awesome. Just might be my favorite feature so far.
  • bluffmatebluffmate Member Posts: 15
    Hi Carman,

My local dealership in Northern California gave me the following numbers for a 12000 mile 36 month lease:

MSRP: 70625

Selling Price: 66590 (they say this is 1000 over invoice)

Money factor to me: .00185 (Buy rate MP + 20 basis points that is their markup - 30 basis points loyalty discount as I currently lease a 5 series from BMWFS). The dealership said that I can get a 1000 finance credit but the 30 basis point discount will be better for me. Is this correct?

Monthly payment with sales tax of 8.25%: 898 with 2500 cash due at signing OR 791 with 6000 cash due at signing OR 730 with 8000 cash due at signing.

Is this a good deal? Should I negotiate more anywhere? How? Where? Please guide me.

Thanks!!
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    You will also enjoy replacing your sport tires every 15k :)
    We didn't like either tire/wheel choice in the Sport Pkg, so we just ordered it with the 19's. We plan to replace the set with a different 20" tire/wheel combo. These 19" tires will never see 15k.
  • rsatlrsatl Member Posts: 2
    I am looking 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium and one of the dealer in Atlanta gave me following quote. Just wondering if it's a good deal or wait for Dec end. What number makes sense to sign papers?

64,675 MSRP
    58,460 Selling price
    349.50 processing fee

3.9% BMW finance offer for 48 or 60 months.
  • beaming1beaming1 Member Posts: 17
    We ordered a 2012 X5 Premium with the convenience package, BMW Apps & running boards and paid 56G and change...picked it up at the Performance Center..we LOVE it!! ;) Bought it at Rick Hendricks BMW in Charleston SC.
  • superfpesuperfpe Member Posts: 1
    I live in Rockville, MD. Would it be possible to find out which dealer in DC area? Thanks.
  • gurmgurm Member Posts: 27
    I've been making my mind to get 2012 X5 Sport Activity model. Test drove it last weekend, liked it but still felt my current MDX to have an edge on the type of ride which I found to be easier and as strong as X5. But definitely BMW has more pride of ownership, thus considering switch to an X5. Hoping I'll get used to the ride and all.

Just curious...does anybody know what kind of changes we can expect from 2013 X5. If I am not wrong, X5 is coming all new for 2013. Any ideas or sneak peeks? Thanks.

Cheers!
  • ychangychang Member Posts: 2
    Can I ask where you got the X5 offer in Atlanta area? I'm also looking X5 3.5i and I just can get around -$4,500 offers from dealers.
  • krispekrispe Member Posts: 4
    Try Nalley or Global Imports not United.
  • bimmerfan6bimmerfan6 Member Posts: 1
    I've been looking for a new SUV to replace my 2001 x5 v6. After trying Porsche v6, v8, and MDX, I decide to go with X5 again. The diesel wins me over all the other choices. Its very powerful and smooth.

Here is my build:
    BMW X5 Diesel
    Ext: Alpine white
    Int: Black Nevada lether
    Dart Bamboo trim
    Cold Weather Package
    Sport Activity Package
    Multi-contour seats
    Technology Package
    Premium Package
    Running boards
    BMW Apps
    Space-saver spare
    Total MSRP as built: $67,325

my deal: $56,883 (include $1000 from BMW finance) in New Jersey
  • midtowneastmidtowneast Member Posts: 49
    BMW usually runs 7 year model cycles which would mean a full redesign in 2014. Also BMW made some changes to the body for 2012.
  • bermnhbermnh Member Posts: 1
    Hi There

Will soon by buying the 2012 X5 diesel for cash with most of the added packages and accessories added on.

Wat advice can you guys give me to get the best price possible? Whats an ECO credit? How does one buy from the manufacturer?

All tips welcome. 1st time car buyer in the USA.

Thanks
  • ychangychang Member Posts: 2
    wow! looks great deal to me. I'm considering Truecar.com in Atlanta area, but the price is way over than yours. Congrat!
    I ordered the x5 diesel on November 23rd and bmwusa still says that production has not yet started. I was told I would have the car before Christmas. Is this length of a delay common? By when should it be in production? Can I still expect to get the car by Christmas?

Thanks!
    Test drove diesel on the weekend. Haven't drove Gas version yet so don't know the performance. Dealer didn't have gas version on the lot for test drive.

What is real life mileage for Gas and Diesel version - City and hwy?

if you have decide between x35i Premium and Diesel which one you would take?

Thanks for your advice!!
  • jsy916jsy916 Member Posts: 6
    I LOVE the diesel. I've had my 2012 X5 for a little over 6 weeks now, and have racked up almost 1200 miles. The gas mileage is amazing. I drive it to work 3 days a week at 45-50mph (commute of 25 miles roundtrip with very little traffic lights and no highway driving) and have been averaging 23mpg. On the weekends, I drive it in normal city conditions at 40-45mph (with normal traffic amount of traffic lights, stops, etc.) and have been averaging about 21-22mpg. In terms of highway driving, I took a weekend trip where I drove it on the highway at about 75-80mph (250 miles roundtrip) and averaged about 27-28mpg.

I have a fairly light foot. I don't accelerate hard off a green light.

I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY!!! You can't go wrong with the diesel!!!
  • bmwbuybmwbuy Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys, I am looking to buy an X5 and got the following quote on a premium model:
    MSRP: 61,425
    Convenience + Cold + SoftClose + Spare
    Was quoted 55.5k after nav credit
    Will get another $1k if I go with BMW Financing, so that brings it to $54.5k. What do you think?
  • sanjayhapanisanjayhapani Member Posts: 4
    nav credit not eligible if u have convience package,as nav alone package gives u 1700 credit.
    I got x5,2012,premium,convinence,cold weather,sound premium,running board.Selling price after all credits 55,597.
    MSRP 61,125.
    U can compare.
    NY state.
    Is this before TTL?
  • trippctrippc Member Posts: 27
    sanjayhapani..
    doesn't sound right but your msrp doesn't add up. i just priced it via bmw and your msrp came to 62,125 based on the options you selected. And minus the loyalty and nav, 55,597 is fair and decent.

Base MSRP$55,200
    Titanium Silver Metallic$0
    Black Nevada Leather$0
    Dark Burl Walnut wood trim$0
    Cold Weather Package$750
    Convenience Package$3,500
    Premium Sound Package$1,500
    Running boards$300
    Destination & Handling:$875

Total MSRP as Built$62,125
  • sanjayhapanisanjayhapani Member Posts: 4
    u r right,msrp is 62,125,sorry about typo.
    price after mission impossible credit only,no loyalty credit is 55,597.
    I am in the process of initial negotiations with a dealer for the below configuration:

Premium
    CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
    ACTIVE VENTILATED SEAT PACKAGE
    Premium hi-fi system
    COLD WEATHER PACKAGE

Adaptive Drive
    Running Boards
    Soft Closing Doors

Free - Carpet floor Mat & All weather mats

Stikcer price is - $69,725/-

Dealers is offering after Navigation Credit for $63,800/-

If I finance from BMW, They offer $1000/- credit to the price of the car
    • So final of $62,800/- ( The dealer may come down to $62,500/-)
    I am asking for $65,000/- drive out. (I am in CA, so TTL will add close to 10% for the base price)

Is my offer reasonable and has any one been able negotiate to this price. If yes, please give me some suggestions or the delar who honored your price.

Thank you
  • cafemosaiccafemosaic Member Posts: 4
    i have been shopping for a new x5 diesel, pretty loaded, with sticker close to 68k... i had a dr. friend offer to let me take over his lease on a 2011, loaded x5 diesel, similarly equipped to the one i wanted to purchase...he will not charge me any money, just wants me to take over payments of 825/month for 30 months, 1200 miles per month left on lease...

should i take the lease deal for the next 2.5 years or go with the purchase? any advice appreciated..thanks
    edited December 2011
    If it is similar configuration, then I would suggest take your friends car and drive it for 30 months. As logn as it is well maintaned without any scratch.

Go for a newer model after 30 months. May be you will have levereg to negotiate new BMW being a current owner/lesse.
  • kackikacki Member Posts: 18
    Agree, this looks like a good deal. There will almost certainly be a new X5 by then and you won't suffer the likely depreciation of buying a $68k 2012 that is outdated in 2 years. Win-win, love those deals.
  • cafemosaiccafemosaic Member Posts: 4
    Actually that is a great point that i had not thought of.... by eliminating the up-front monies, it further insulates me from over-investing in the next 2.5 years...i was concerned that the 2012 rates and discounts might be so great at the end of this year that i was missing somehting....thanks much
    edited December 2011
    Getting quotes from dealer for the following configuration. Got so far selling price of $58,810 and $60,540 from 2 dealers.

2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium

· Technology Package
    · Convenience Package
    · 3rd row seat
    · Running boards
    · BMW Apps
    BMW All Weather Floor Liners

What should be good target price?

Thanks