Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• el_duderino_txel_duderino_tx Member Posts: 3
    Would you care to share how you negotiated such a great price?
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking at the following configuration:

Base MSRP$56,700
    Black Sapphire Metallic$0
    Tobacco Nevada Leather$0
    Dark Burl Walnut wood trim$0
    Premium Sound Package$1,500
    Sport Activity Package$2,200
    • Multi-contour seats$900
    • 20" Light alloy Y-spoke wheels style 214-with performance run-flat tires$950
    Technology Package$1,700
    • Premium Package$3,500
    3rd row seat$1,700
    Running boards$300
    BMW Apps$250
    Destination & Handling:$875

The MSRP on this is $70,575. What should I expect to negotiate on this with all the available incentives. I don't qualify for Loyalty at this time. There is one very similar locally on the lot (with the addition of adaptive drive which I don't see as an option and no running boards).
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    MSRP for this config is 63640. What should be the best offer?
  • realgenirealgeni Member Posts: 26
    Any suggestions.
    Can you share whats the configuration on this X5 please.
  • ocmilkeocmilke Member Posts: 1
    does your price include all incentives? if not, you got a pretty good deal. where/which dealer did you talk to, especially for the 58k price?
    Not sure if he included all credits etc. I sent him email today and he hasn't replied yet. I was OOF for few days.

This was BMW northwest dealer in WA state.
    Anyone have experience with WA State dealer? Dealer in northwest are giving MSRP pricing. They don't want to negotiate further or close to invoice price.

Lithia group down in Spokane, their Internet manager was telling me they don't get any holdback, volume discount or and floor plan fee from BMW and he doesn't know even what these things are:)
  • ttopper1ttopper1 Member Posts: 18
    I've found Costco buying program helpful but not exceptional. Wa dealers don't negotiate much at all Go to SoCal and drive the car back on a 1 way DMV permit. You can get $500 cars you order at Shelley BMW. look at prior notes above too or checkout this same topic on xoutpost.
    Did you get your X5 from out of state? I found that you are from Seattle. I'm in Bellevue:)

Are you saying Shelly BMW will sell X5 $500 over invoice price?
    What about tax and other paper work required for out of state purchase? Never purchased car from other state before.
    Got the email this morning. Yes this price includes all credit, incentive etc.

Selling price $58,810
    Sales tax       $5645.76
    Document fee $150.00
    License estimate $300.00
    Published Invoice price for the config is 57654 excluding credits, rebates etc. MSRP is 63640.

According to carbuyingtips.com Xls - with all the credits, rebates, holdback etc. selling price comes out to 55949. It does have 2% dealer profit after all the rebates, credit and volume disc. From BMW. Btw dealers in WA are selling 3% off of MSRP.

What should be my target price?
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Hi abhiku
    There is at least $1200 hold back and $500 marketing fee included
    In the MSRP. Check truecar.com
    Also there is volume rebate on number of cars dealer sell.
    So even if you pay invoice the dealer has lots of cushion, but the salesperson want make 4k.
    I would rather deal with Internet sales they work with lower margins.
    Try PeterPan bmw in bay area or southern ca dealers.
  • cafemosaiccafemosaic Member Posts: 4
    after all that, local dealer pulled a loaded 2012 diesel early from service fleet...only 1000 miles on it...so msrp 68k, out the door price, 61k....i think it was too good a deal to pass on.
    any positive thoughts appreciated....buyer's remorse has not kicked in yet.
    You can buy the car out of state pay the sales tax for that state then get a 1 way driving DMV pass the dealer can help you with. Once you get the car into Washington go to DMV and you'll pay the licensing fee and any tax difference between California and Washington. I have done this 3 times and it's fairly easy. If you ship the car from California to Seattle instead of driving the 16 hours yourself plan on paying $600 door to door for it to be transported.
    edited December 2011
    Yes you are correct. I did the calculation with carbuyingtips.com Xls - subtracting all the credits, rebates, holdback etc. selling price comes out to 55949. It does have 2% dealer profit built in.

I have only deal with Internet sales still they are pita in WA state:) here is one of the Internet manager sent me email today.

>>>Dealer has holdback, volume rebate and marketing markup that they will get back...has nothing to do with what we sell cars for.  Our invoice is a little over $59k minus the $1730.>>>
    What kind of factory to dealer incentives are there with x5's? I've seen that BMW has no holdback, but I'm guessing that same money shows up somewhere else?
  • btmx133btmx133 Member Posts: 1
    I was at a dealer looking for a 2012 BMW X5 Premium. They don¡¦t have the specs that I want in stock. I was told that the incentives ( $1,730 Nav Credit + $1,000 Finance credit + 0.9 APR ) do not cover the new built if they need to order one.

The reason was that I can¡¦t sign the paperwork until the new built arrives which will take about 4 weeks and the sale will be expired by then. They also said the finance can¡¦t take place until the actual car arrives. They said since this is a new built, they will not have any VIN# and can¡¦t process the incentives this time. The incentives will not carry over to the period of time that was spent for building the car.

They can offer the incentives if we buy any in stock vehicles. They said the incentives are meant to drive the sales of the current inventories. I didn¡¦t think that was true and walked away. Can anyone tell me that if they are right or they are flat out lying and play trick?
    Only one dealer out of 5 dealers I talked to told me about this. Other said nav discount is included in the price they gave me but that price is no good.

Latest price I got 58800 for my options..tech, conv, 3rd row, BMW apps, running board..
  • sanjayhapanisanjayhapani Member Posts: 4
    if u add conv package u cant get nav credit.in order to get nav credit,ask to drop conv package and just order car with nav and then 1730 can b applied
  • sanjayhapanisanjayhapani Member Posts: 4
    i got my new bmwx5 premium 2012,end of nov.
    x5 premium,conv ,cold weather package,sound package,running boards for 55970 after $1000 credit.
    u add sales tax and other things on it
  • fofsfofs Member Posts: 1
    Dear Landl1,
    do you mind telling me where the dealership that you bought your x5 at. We are offered a deal in I'll which is few thousand more than yours for a similar vehicle. What was the final price you paid out the door for your diesel.
    Thanks
  • getvasgetvas Member Posts: 2
    I have placed order on a 2012 BMW X5 35i with Platinum Gray Metallic exterior & Cinnamon Brown interior and added the following options..

> CINNAMON BROWN, NEVADA LEATHER SEAT TRIM (LUEZ)
    > CONVENIENCE PKG (ZCV)
    > DARK BURL WALNUT WOOD TRIM (4AB)
    > BMW ON-BOARD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (609)
    > 3RD ROW SEAT (4UB)
    > HEATED FRONT SEATS (494) and
    > REAR MANUAL SIDE WINDOW SHADES (417)

The Vehicle's MSRP as configured is $56,275
    The Invoice price is $52,345 - Navigation Incentive is $1,730 + Dealer Fee is $500 = $51,115

I am a resident of NJ but ordered in NY as my local dealer quoted $52,000, if I do not finance from BMW. This dealer in NY is willing to reduce it below $51,115 if I finance it from them, but I got loan for 1.9 APR from a credit union.

Also one more thing I noticed in NJ is that the Dealer Doc Fees are between $250 to $400 depending on the dealership, where as in NY the Dealer Doc Fee Max is $75 and there is also a $10 Tire Management Fee.

So, my total on road price came too...

Vehicle Price: 51,115.00
    NJ 7% Tax: 03,578.05
    NJ 0.4% Luxury Tax: 00,204.51
    Title & Reg : 00,350.00 [Approx]
    Dealer Doc Fee: 75.00
    Tire Mgmt Fee: 10.00
    ---------------------------------------
    TOTAL PRICE: 55,332.56
    ---------------------------------------

So, what are your comments on this deal... Regards.
  • cpl2usacpl2usa Member Posts: 18
    I got similar X5 from PA dealer. My X5 is BLACK METALLIC with CINNAMON BROWN interior.

My Options:
    > CINNAMON BROWN, NEVADA LEATHER SEAT TRIM (LUEZ)
    > CONVENIENCE PKG (ZCV)
    > DARK BURL WALNUT WOOD TRIM (4AB)
    > BMW ON-BOARD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (609)
    > 3RD ROW SEAT (4UB)
    > HEATED FRONT SEATS (494)

MSRP is $56,025.

Vehicle Price is 49000 (includes $1730 NAV credit and 1000 BMW finance credit)

+ $3500 NJ TAX
    + $750 (NJ TITLE, LUXURY TAX, Registration)
    + $125 Doc Fee
    + $5 PA Tire Tax

Total: $53,380
  • seattle_buyerseattle_buyer Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the post-Jan 3rd incentives are for an X5? Is the $2500 eco credit still active? What about the $1730 navigation credit?

Thanks in advance!
  • carbuy8carbuy8 Member Posts: 1
    what dealer? please share
  • ak19ak19 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this forum, I appreciate your suggestions.

I have an offer of BMW X5 X Drive 35i, Model yr 2012 for $ 53500 from BMW dealer.Car fax is clean, Service record shows no issue. It was leased. It has new warranty (No COP)

Service In date: 05/23/2011
    Miles: 8500

Packages:
    Active Vent Seat Pakg
    Conv Pkg
    Cold Pkg
    Premium Sound Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Running Boards
    BMW Apps
    Side Cameras
    Color : blue Pearl
    Blk Interiors

Pl suggests is this worth deal to get in to.
    Looks like BMW pulled out the 1730 navigation credit.

Any insight in to what incentives are comming for Feb 2012?

By the way when is the 2013 X5 suppose to start selling?
  • bluffmatebluffmate Member Posts: 15
    This is a not a good deal at all. Typically, a good deal on a new X5 is invoice minus all the credits available. I suspect that the figure you are quoting is similar to that figure except that this car is used and hence has depreciated. Try configuring the car with kbb.com - dealer trade in value (best condition minus one step) + $1000. In my estimate that should be the right value.
    I agree with your a comments. You can at certain Socal dealers get the X5 at invoice price less any specials etc.....this way you have a new vehicle and full warranty......
  • lay2lay2 Member Posts: 13
    Hi i need you help folks. i am looking to purchase 2009 x5 xDrive with climate, navigation,premium and technology package. the vehicle is spaced gray with black interior, 36000 miles. The dealer said he cannot go below 40,500.00 is this a fair price or c an i do better? Also should i be aware of any hidden cost> i will finance with my credit Union. I am open to any thouhgts suggestions etc> i just don't want to get taken> help! oh i am purchasing this vehicle in NY?LI
  • bmwvicabmwvica Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Went to the dealer, for a particular colour, he said, they need to order it. Let me know if he giving me a good deal ?

My X5 xDrive35i Premium

3.0 liter 6-cylinder with TwinPower Turbo technology

xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive

Base MSRP $55,200

Black Sapphire Metallic $0

Black Nevada Leather $0

Dark Burl Walnut wood trim $0

Technology Package $1,700

Convenience Package $3,500

Destination & Handling: $895

Total MSRP as Built $61,295

I can sell it for $58,795 + T,T,&L.
    I think you can negotiate atleast another $1K based on Truecar pricing
  • konradlvkonradlv Member Posts: 11
    ANY IDEAS WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST DEAL ON PURCHASE INCLUDING ALL REBATES AND INCENTIVES.
  • trabd123trabd123 Member Posts: 55
    I have the same car model and year without navigation with 33k miles and an end of lease payoff amount of 29500. You should try to negotiate the price down to 35~36k if possible.
  • getvasgetvas Member Posts: 2
    I bought from Wide World BMW - Spring Valley - NY and they gave me for the exact price what they quoted on True Car certificate. The doc fee in NY is also a fixed $75.
    Can you share the name of Socal Dealers who sell at Invoice. if you have specific sales person name, that woudl really helpful.

I have seen deals for Invoice + $500/-, nothign at Invoice.
    call Tina or Clint at Sterling BMW Newport Beach, Ca.
    Thank you and I can oofer BMW X5 at the invoice price correct?
  • jliu6302jliu6302 Member Posts: 7
    hello,
    could you share with me the dealship name and saleperson name?
    thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2012
    Hi
    Does anyone know if the incentives are back on x5 in February? BMW x5 sales are 14% down in January.
    I think this is the best time to get a great deal. My guess the will try to push sales through higher rebates to dealers.
    Where did you get this information on X5 sales? Thats very interesting.

14% down, but still no rebaltes, may be its good to wait till March to see if they come out with any new rebates!

:)
  • jrhhunterjrhhunter Member Posts: 8
    12k miles
    Sport Activity package, premium package, prem stereo package, technology package, cold weather package, contour seat, heated rear, run boards....3 years left on warranty - for $50k

Opinions?
    edited February 2012
    This is the monthly BMW sales report, just google it.
    Mercedes Benz Sales are up 26%
    BMW only 3% up
    This is because BNZ is heavily discounting their cars through dealer incentives, on average about 8-9K for 50K plus BNZ vehicles ( A friend just got the new ML350 for 8K bellow MSRP and another GL450 for 12K bellow MSRP).
    BMW is not heavily discounting their cars except for 7 series, therefore their sales numbers are poor. My guess they will have a fire sale soon to catch up.
    Sales BMW of North America, LLC, January 2012

Jan '12 Jan '11 % YTD Jan '12 YTD Jan '11 %
    1 Series 422 501 -15.8% 422 501 -15.8%
    3 Series 6,698 5,763 16.2% 6,698 5,763 16.2%
    Z4 104 112 -7.1% 104 112 -7.1%
    5 Series 3,216 4,350 -26.1% 3,216 4,350 -26.1%
    6 Series 409 83 392.8% 409 83 392.8%
    7 Series 977 626 56.1% 977 626 56.1%
    BMW passenger cars 11,826 11,435 3.4% 11,826 11,435 3.4%
    X3 1,687 1075 56.9% 1,687 1075 56.9%
    X5 2,610 3,038 -14.1% 2,610 3,038 -14.1%
    X6 282 357 -21.0% 282 357 -21.0%
    BMW light trucks (SAVs) 4,579 4,470 2.4% 4,579 4,470 2.4%
    BMW brand 16,405 15,905 3.1% 16,405 15,905 3.1%

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/01/4231246/bmw-group-us-january-sales-increase.htm- l#storylink=cpy
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    I would say it is a very good deal as the new ones are not getting that much discounted.
    Almost $66000 new and You are paying only $50000 with 3 years left on warranty.
    Good deal.
    Thank You.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    I cannot get upto $6000 or more discount as other people here have posted, specially from CA dealerships. So to me this is a steal of a deal.
    You are getting a fully loaded X5 Sport Activity for more than 3 years left on warranty for only $53500.
    Just see how much it would cost You to buy the new one and compare from there.
    Good luck.
    Thank You.
  • alexkoperalexkoper Member Posts: 25
    Hello all, just picked up my X5 diesel last night. I ordered it specifically because I wanted the Nappa Leather package.

MSRP 67195
    Eco credit of 2500
    Negotiated deal with dealer for $750 over invoice with no training fee and no maco fee. Final price was $60050. I think it's a great deal, had an awesome sales guy named Bo Sailor at Santa Barbara Auto Group in So Cal (Santa Barbara) ... No hassle or haggle, it was so easy.Car is great.