Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• konradlvkonradlv Member Posts: 11
    Great deal.
    What color and options did you get.
    I am looking at similar car with Msra of $67,000 and the dealer offered it for 60k
    I am picking up my new X5 35 D TODAY
    NEW ECO CREDIT $3,500 !!!!!!!
    MSRP $67,045 SALES PRICE 59,000
  • fimsyfimsy Member Posts: 12
    Hello, I am a first time car buyer and plan to purchase a 2013 BMW X5. Live in NY and moving to MN in June.
    1. Should I purchase in NY and move car to MN or purchase car in MN?

2. I am getting the 35i, with options of leather seating, navigation, snap in adapters and total of $52,014 MSRP. Can someone tell me a good price to bargain for and I need tips on pitfalls to avoid!!!
    Thank you
  • crohitcrohit Member Posts: 3
    Got mine NEW 2011 X5 Diesel:
    - 3rd row seats
    - Premium pkg
    - Rear climate
    - Head up display
    - Navigation
    - Cold weather pkg
    price paid 50k.
  • jlaird325jlaird325 Member Posts: 2
    Would you be kind enough to post specifics?

Looking at an X5 diesel with an MSRP of 67,400 and wondering what i should offer for the vehicle...

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. Thats a very good buy. Where is your dealer please and how much did you get of the MSRP generally.
    Hello, BMW financing for a new BMW X5 2013 is 3.99 for up to 72 months. Can anyone tell me if that is good? It ends this month of April they say
    I just bought a month back 2011 model. It was a celebrity demo model used by dealer. MSRP approximately 64k. Based on experience I feel
    That with all the discounts, u should definitely pay 10k less and on top
    Of that another 2k to 5k less depending how long the car is sitting in
    The lot. I miight have been lucky coz I found 2011 when the dealer was
    selling 2012 models. I did not do a lot of homework and did not know
    about the eco discount. Also if u r buying from on-the-inventory that
    means it is not custom made for u and not many BMW buying people
    do that. So I feel that ball is in ur court to bargain. U can always play
    the card that the model dealer is selling has more features then u need
    hence u don't wanna pay for them and hence it is not a good match
    and u r walking out. If dealer wants to sell, will be ready to bargain.
    Final judgement is always yours.
    That's a lot of APR. U might be better off checking ur local credit union.
    Depends on ur credit score as well. Also u can try more bargain with the dealer as well.
    Credit is cheap these days, shop around, u may be able to do better.
    Thank you. I have very good credit and I agree its a high APR
  • fg3x5dfg3x5d Member Posts: 1
    Are all of you guys buying off the street or part of any corporate deals?

I'm looking at a smoking deal, but it is through my company....that seems to be the best way to go.
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Member Posts: 151
    2012 X5 Diesel.

MSRP = 64,095

Selling price = 56,105
  • durniljrdurniljr Member Posts: 4
    that sounds a like a killer deal - can you break down incentives vs what you negotiated off? where are you located? not in TX by chance?!?!
  • mdg12345mdg12345 Member Posts: 2
    I was told by a dealer the best price they could offer is $60,089 for X5 with MSRP of $66,695. Good as long as $3500 eco credit exists. I am ordering the car with my specs (nappa leather, 3rd row, premium pkg, premium sound). I am thinking I can do better on the price, but not getting a better deal so far. Is this the best deal out there or is there better? I have seen a few posts above with over $7,000 off MSRP for similar. Best technique for driving a harder bargain to get a better deal?

I am in Colorado, so if anyone has had a good dealer experience, please let me know. Thanks.
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    Can you please post name of dealership you are getting the $60,085 price from.

Thanks
    Eco credit of $3,500. Rest was just negotiating :)

this was in WA state
    Is the $60,089 before or after eco credit???
    I have 3 dealers all fairly close to each other. had the 3 of them compete for my business ( all via email no less :) )
  • mdg12345mdg12345 Member Posts: 2
    That's the offer after the eco credit. Should I do better? Another dealer offered something similar. I have been looking at the dealers in Boulder and Longmont. Got less of a response from the Denver dealers (Murray and one other).
  • dhkhandhkhan Member Posts: 30
    Dealer in Longmnot? Did you mean Loveland?
  • dieselx5_2012dieselx5_2012 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone!
    I stumbled upon this active thread and had to share great news with all X5 diesel enthusiasts!!! We bought our 2012 X5 Diesel with an MSRP of $66,275 on December 31, 2011 for $55,*** +taxes, license, etc. for a grand total of about $61k OUT THE DOOR!!! This car had only 5 miles on it and we were the first people to drive it since it came off the truck!!! We bought it at Nick Alexander near Los Angeles in Southern California so if your dealer says they can't go lower than about $7k below MSRP they are not telling you the whole story because the internet sales manager at Nick Alexander made it happen for us!!! Contact them via phone or email and ask to speak to the internet sales manager, he is a young guy in his mid 20s and is very good about getting you every last bit of savings!!! We could not be happier with our purchase!!!
  • behumblebehumble Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2012 X5 35i, w/ leather, convenience pkg, Nav and heated seats fron Nick Alexander in Los Angeles. It was hands down, the best experience I've had purchasing a vehicle.

I dealt with Internet sales manager (Brian) over the email first. He was very cordial, professional, respectful and very patient. Went to see him over the weekend. Gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. MSRP 54,345, paid $48,000. He threw in window tinting (another $175).

Finance manager was really nice and easy going and not pushing any extended warranties down your throat like others. But I still ended up buying the extended 2yrs maintenance free plus tire & wheel protection package.

One more thing I'd like to mention about this dealer is they provide service that most BMW dealers wouldn't - flat-bed service.

I would recommend this dealer and the sales manager to anyone who is in the market for BMW or even other vehicles!
  • powaramitpowaramit Member Posts: 2
    leasing a x5 prem with convenience and cold weather, Running boards, Dark Burl Walnut wood trim, Satellite radio with 1 year subscription, BMW TeleServices, TeleService Controln in NY.

dealer offers for 12k miles, with 0 down monthly payment of 760 for the car with a msrp of 60,995

can you experts comment and provide feedback...i have not leased before.
  • nd_irishnd_irish Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2012
    Hi-

What is the agreed upon sale price of the vehicle? What is the money factor they used to calculate the monthly payment, and does the monthly payment include sales tax? Let us know. Thanks!
  • rams160rams160 Member Posts: 11
    Hello,

I am turning in my 35d in mid July and would like to lease another. What exactly is the eco-credit and does everyone qualify for it. I have read about loyalty credits. Could I claim this too and how much is it? Anybody have buying experiences in St. Louis--can I expect to get invoice minus credits?

Thanks in advance.
  • gouldjbgouldjb Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys,
    I never post (and feel guilty about it as I always look at others' postings!), so it's my time to "give back".

I just did a deal (in TX) for a new 2012 BMW X5 35d (struggled over whether to go 35i vs 35d - extra acceleration and a bit quieter vs "tried and true" diesel...hope I don't regret?? love feedback on this).

Had 3 dealers competing. After much back forth, think I got a strong deal. $10K off MSRP!! Not sure how much was one credit vs the other as they mentioned the $3500 eco-credit, I used my USAA "status" as an incentive for more discount (however, NEVER went thru usaa - hence, anyone can use as verbal motivation to discount), etc.

I'm getting a Jet Black, Sand Beige interior w/ventilated seats (Nevada leather), Premium Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Technology Pkg, and running boards. Total MSRP $66,695. Total to me $56,695. He's also going to tint the front windows to match the rears at no charge.

I feel like I did really well. Do people agree?????

Thanks and good luck!!!
  • jrhhunterjrhhunter Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    I hope you did well....because you did about $500 better than me, plus the extra tinting thrown in. I also had the USAA $2,500 rebate + $3,500 eco incentive working for me. My MSRP on a 2012 35d was $67, 145 and total to me (minus tax and tag), was $57, 645. Congratulations to us both. Cheers!
    ;-) likewise! Did you look at the 35i vs 35d? How did you finally come to that decision...I've gone both ways...better torque of diesel (probably better from 30mph to 75 mph (?), but bit slower 0-60 and perhaps tiny bit louder (?)...Sadly or perhaps embarassingly, I haven't drived either?!?! Had a 530d in UK and loved it. Do you think it's a problem to find diesel anymore in UK - I'll be in Dallas TX area so assume it will be fine / easy, no??

Thx for your thoughts and how you came to 35d decision...
    edited May 2012
    I have a 2004 4.4i X5 and commute 70 miles a day. I loved the torque of that V8, but wanted the 26miles per gallon of the diesel. I thought the 35d was the best of both worlds. The gas model X5s were not even considered because they did not meet my fuel mileage criteria. The Mercedes 350 Blue Tec and the Torareg TDI were contenders, but neither quite made the cut when I test drove them. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

Finding diesel in Dallas, Texas should not be a problem.

Cheers.
    Really appreciate the feedback bud!! Great to hear...was just wondering about the new 35i - seems to lack some torque but HP seems solid (0-60 in 6.1 sec?!?)...I'm currently in England (moving back to TX) and so jealous they have the 4.0d over here - best of all worlds (and gets over 30mpg here?!?!?!)...insane. Enjoy!
  • mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    This thread was very helpful in my purchase. Just want to share the lease deal I did yesterday in Los Angeles, California.

36mo. Lease, 10kmi/yr on 2012 X5 35d sport+prem , 59% resudual, 3.384% lending rate with $4900 deposit (7x MSD).
    MSRP: $65545
    Helpful stuff: Eco Credit($3500), USSA drive rebate($1000)
    Drive-off:$2780 ($800 cap. reduction, $1300 acq./ttl/reg, $680 1st pmt.)
    Monthly: $680 (inc. CA tax 8.75%)

I think there was still some room left ($500~1000), but I'm not a perfectionist.
  • mrfurious214mrfurious214 Member Posts: 11
    Hi, can someone please post the invoice price of this model? I'm considering financing vs leasing so could you also please post all the numbers for leasing for 36 months at 15,000 assuming perfect credit.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Edmunds has all of the invoice pricing!

See the link...

2012 BMW X5

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• frugalscfrugalsc Member Posts: 24
    What should I expect to pay for a 35d around bergen county in jersey...seem like the eco credit is now at $4500 and special financing went up a bit for the month of June?

I'm looking at it with
    Premium package
    3rd row
    running board
    Nav system

According to edmund.com it's around $59,500. Is this a good price?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    The rest of my purchasing story gets better...I delayed delivery from May to June so I could do a performance delivery AND got an extra $1,000 incentive because the Eco credit went from $3,500 to $4,500. MSRP 67,145 purchase price $56,645. Goes to show, sometimes the gods DO smile on you! Cheers.
  • onebad954onebad954 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Yall gotta tighten your talk game up, i got my 2012 x5 35d premium pkg, tech pkg, convience pkg, cold weather pkg, SPORT pkg, running boards, front rear and side cameras, 20 in honeycomb wheels, with bmw apps for 56,100. Msrp 68,980. Such a good deal i live in nc and bought in illinois. Oh yeah also has heads up display. The service and parts guys say they hardly ever see one with this many options.
  • vroomvroom5vroomvroom5 Member Posts: 3
    Nice Price (Is that out the door or are taxes and others extra) '

Also theres nothing called the convience pkg?

If you can could you kindly detail what options your particular X5 had that would be nice. I just want to compare your specs to what invoice was, and how much you negotiated beneath that.

Your current post shows an msrp 68k, so according to invoices, your auto is 62k

Your deal puts you 6k underneath (So did you use USAA or anything else?)
    Just got an X5 35d for 54,900 with cold weather, premium package, running board, 3rd row and BMW Apps (MSRP is 64,095)

Just to figure out what the iPod® and USB adapter is? It didn't come with any cables? Should I expect a cable? Is the adapter a cable or just the two inputs (3.5MM jack and USB) inside the center console?

Also missing the ski bag from the cold weather package. Is that hidden somewhere?
    Also missing the ski bag from the cold weather package. Is that hidden somewhere?

I don't have an X5, but in my BMW, the ski bag is attached to the pass thru, when the rear armrest is folded down... It's so you can put skis through from the cargo compartment, without folding down the seats.. the bag protects the passenger compartment from the ski edges (plus snow/slush).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'll check that later...I was expecting a separate detachable bag that I can carry with me.

Any idea on what the "iPod® and USB adapter" should be? Is it a cable or just the two input jacks in the center console.

Thanks!
    I'm guessing it's just the jacks.... the cable is probably extra cost.. But, I'd check with the dealer.... I still listen to AM radio... lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Found the bag in the center pass through...thanks.

I think it's the jacks as well...

Thanks!
  • senkusenku Member Posts: 1
    Was it 2013 model? How much was the eco credit?

I'm looking at a similar one. It will help me to finalize price.
  • nkcnkc Member Posts: 7
    Hi CarMan,

I am looking at a lease on a 2013 BMW X5 5.0 liter (xDrive 50i). Do you know the residuals and money factors that would apply for a 36 month lease at 12,000 miles per year? What kind of discounts are you seeing on the sale prices for these cars in northern california?

many thanks,
    Nick
    You can get the BMW specified cable(s) on Ebay for less than $15 shipped. No advantage to the BMW branded ipod/USB adapter cable.
  • b431b431 Member Posts: 11
    Trying to get an idea what should be a good price to pay for X5D I know there are incentives and rebates trying to get starting point
  • vroomvroom5vroomvroom5 Member Posts: 3
    Hey there, your best bet on pricing depends on your particular spread of dealers and how competitive they are. I can tell you that if
    Your looking for a "deal on a diesel" it's next to impossible now, unless you buy off the lot. 2013s haven't been released, and due to these massive
    Incentives on the diesel 2012 stock is bone dry. However if you do find a vehicle that's in your specs couple helpful tools. 1) find out what the vehicle is equipped with and them go to BMWconfigs.com which gives u cost breakdown, with invoice and msrp. Your goal is to attain invoice-Ecocredit-team drive USA(only if you attended the event)-loyalaty cash (only for current bmwfs customers)- ultimate drive app(download the app from the app store)-usaa discount(if you use USAA INSURANCE AKA MEMEBRT OF ACTIVE OT RETIRED SERVICEMAN).

ECO CREDIT= 4500
    Team drive credit= 1000
    Loyalty= 1000
    Drive app=750
    USAA=6,000

Good luck on finding the car of your dreams at a good price!
  • eddie_cheneddie_chen Member Posts: 3
    In NYC, got this lease for a 2013 X5 35i Premium with Convenience and Cold Weather Package, 36 months 36K miles:

Purchase Price: 58,310
    Sales Tax: 2,626
    Acq Fee: 725
    Total Capitalized Cost: 61,662
    Residual Value: 36,223
    Money Factor: Unknown - not stated on lease agreement
    Zero Money Down
    Due at signing (1st month + DMV fees): 1,294

Money Lease Payment: $847

Thoughts?
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    You are correct that 2013's haven't been released, but I found a few dealers that still have allotments to order custom built 2012's. That's what we did, and are picking up ours on September 5 at the BMW Performance Delivery Center in Spartanburg.

X5D; Black Sapphire; Oyster Interior
    Sport Activity Package w/ 19" Wheels
    Premium Package
    BMW Apps,
    Running Boards.

MSRP was $63,845
    We are paying roughly $1,000 over invoice, less $4,500 eco-credit, less $1,000 drive event for a net price of approximately $54,600. ($9,200 under MSRP) Cash deal, son no financing credits.

Not sure what the ultimate drive app discount of $750 is, but dealer said if anything else comes up, we can use it.

We might have been able to get a slightly better discount on an in stock model, but there were 0 out of 310 vehicles in a 500-750 mile radius that were exactly what we wanted. Adding an unwanted cold weather or premium sound package would have wiped out any savings and I wouldn't take one without the Sport Activity Package for any price.

The pick up at the Performance Center sounds like it will be a great time for me and my wife. BMW picks up hotel and meals. One way airfare from DC is under $100 each.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    ...still left to be custom ordered and built for 2012 model.

After being told by several DC region dealers that all the 2012 X5D's were already on their lots or in transit, the dealer I ordered from indicated that they had multiple (more than 5) slots left for late August and September builds. They showed me official documentation from BMW that the 2012 X5D production dates continue to November 2012.

So if there are any prospective buyers out there not satisfied with what they see on dealer lots, I suggest you shop around for a dealer that can still custom order one to your exact color and equipment preferences. My deal was at $1,000 over invoice before all of the various credits. You may get a greater discount if you take a loaded vehicle off the lot, but if it's not exactly what you want, the custom order alternative is still an option.