Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• spindoc932spindoc932 Member Posts: 1
    cmc farling...i am looking into pretty much the same options on that truck...can u tell me if taxes, title, etc were included in your payment?? thanks
  • mc24713mc24713 Member Posts: 2
    i'm looking to buyout my leased 2003 X5 3.0. my dealer is going make it certified pre-owned, package it with a 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty and sell me the car at $3000 over the residual value (for a total cost of $31,600) - is he charging me too much? do i have room to negotiate further on the price? if i buyout the lease at the residual value i won't have a warranty. the car has ~31,500 miles, NAV, premium package, cold weather package, automatic.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    If your X5 only has 31,500 miles in three years, then you will still be in warranty for the next year, even if your dealer doesn't CPO it.

So, you are only really gaining about 2 yrs and 21K miles of warranty..

Also, be aware that unless you pay for an extension, the "free maintenance" plan will expire at 4yr/50K. That doesn't come with the CPO warranty.

Also.. the dealer may not be paying the same amount for your car as you would... He may be getting more than $3000 out of the deal.

Is it a good deal? Hard to say... ;)

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    Also.. the dealer may not be paying the same amount for your car as you would... He may be getting more than $3000 out of the deal.

To build on what kyfdx said about what the dealer is paying for the car.... The residual lease-end value that you are quoted from BMWFS (pre-determined at beginning of the lease) is probably not the same as what they will buy the car for from BMWFS.

Since you are way under your miles, BMWFS will take this into account and it'll actually cost the dealer more to get a car with low miles. BMWFS uses average Manheim values to determine what the dealer can buy the car for. They adjust for miles, so they'll pay more for a low-mileage car and less for high-miles.

The one thing BMWFS does not adjust for is options.... So whether your car is a base car with manual transmission, leatherette or if it's loaded with sport pkg, navigation, it won't make a difference in the price the dealer buys it for from BMWFS.
  • mc24713mc24713 Member Posts: 2
    thanks so much for the replies. i'm now comparing coverage from warrantydirect.com vs purchasing the CPO/warranty from bmw. it's about the same cost (~$3k) but provides 2 more years of coverage than bmw (coverage thru 2011 vs 2009) and covers wear & tear. is the CPO process worth going thru bmw? i've read good things about warrantydirect.com - anything to the contrary? the deciding factor may be that bmw is going to fix the 'excess wear and tear' on the body that they found during inspection (~$1500) which is included in the $3k.
  • bodacious1bodacious1 Member Posts: 1
    2006 X5 with premium package,rear climate,auto tran.,self dimming mirrors, xenon headlights,dest. frt included. MSRP $49,620 paid $47,061. I would recommend the xenon as a very nice option.
  • pvbmwpvbmw Member Posts: 3
    All- My experience of shopping for the X5- was great...the sales person at MORTIZ- Airlington claims that all customers who post on edmunds tell lies abou there purchase and cost details- and for that he didn't get my deal....... he wanted 2K over invoice and his invoice has even $400 dealer tax. a X5 3.0i with premium package ....and all other packages -- the invoice comes to 45,450 and this great sales person TT's invoice is 46,460 + 2000.00 over his invoice...and says he he is not making anything ...right I am deaf....will post once I get a final price from other dealer I am working now....and experience of X5 purchase will help me...Thanks
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    the sales person at MORTIZ- Airlington claims that all customers who post on edmunds tell lies abou there purchase and cost details- and for that he didn't get my deal.......

He does have a point, but it doesn't sound like he expressed it very well. There are definitely a lot of people on here that brag about a particular deal they got that you know are embellishing the details. Most of the regulars on these boards established that a long time ago.... Regardless, that salesperson could have said it a little more tactfully. ;)
    bdr127- nOpe he used the exact sentence- Customers LIE on edmunds.com....this statement was made very clearly and I have witness for this..this sales person just graduated from a toyota sales to BMW so he still has the honda sales in him...and will neven loose that if he talks like this....
    Hi CMCfarling- where did you get such a good deal? which state?
  • tenet1tenet1 Member Posts: 354
    Given that the X5 model is coming to a close, when will the incentives kick in the get rid of the remaining inventory? What are some of the incentives that are likely:

Price rebates or incentives
    Low money factors (for lease)
    cheap financing
    some or all of the above

I am looking to lease or buy a X5 3.0 and want to make sure i know when to start getting the deals on these

Thanks
  • alexanderzalexanderz Member Posts: 5
    Can you guys post some of the leasing prices on 2006 4.8's?
    thanks
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,387
    Am working on a deal for a friend on the following X5...

'06 X5 4.4i
    Jet Black
    Beige Leather
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Navigation
    Rear Climate Package
    Heated Steering Wheel
    MSRP: $59,895

Dealer is currently offering it for $57,995, which I think is too high. How much do you think I should be shooting for?

I was thinking of having him put in an offer of $56,000ish and seeing what they say. Is that too much of a lowball offer? Thanks!

P.S. This is in the Philadelphia area.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    I am interested in purchasing an X5 (4.4i, metallic black, and a premium package only.) I am located in Orange County, CA., and I am curious what people have paid. Edmunds quotes around (TMV) $52,000, but dealers around the area appear to be requesting prices in the high 50's to low 60s. Also what is the current apr available from BMW for someone with excellent credit?

thanks
  • miltimilti Member Posts: 14
    Car_man

I was also interested in possibly leasing an 2006 X5(4.4i, metallic black, and a premium package only), and would like to know the money factor and residual value numbers for this vehicle.

thanks
  • arvin1arvin1 Member Posts: 9
    I love my x5.... :):):):)
  • hkhawajahkhawaja Member Posts: 2
    Well folks. Just got home with my 06 X5 3.0 from a dealer here in So. Cal. They are willing to give it close to invoice as the new 07 X5 will be making their way to dealers by the end of the year. This is what I got:

2006 Jet Black X5 3.0 with the following package:
    -Steptronic Auto
    -Premium Package
    -Sport Package
    -Navigation
    -Panorama Moonroof
    -Xenon Headlights
    -BMW Assist with Bluetooth
    -Park Distance Control

Based on 36 Month Lease from BMWFS with 12K Mi/Yr:
    Price : $50,600.00
    Acquisition Fee : $ 825.00
    Total Cost : $51,425.00
    Cap Cost Reduct : $ 1,500.00

Money Factor : 0.0024
    Monthly Payment : $ 798.59
    Residual Value : $31,665.30

Hope this will help you. Good luck!
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    car man
    i just got my offer for the 4.4 x5
    MSRP 64000 selling price 57200 MF 1.9 Residual 59%
    monthly of 724.84 + tax for 12k per year 36month
    what do you and others think about this deal?
  • h2fanh2fan Member Posts: 27
    Hello,

I was wondering if there are any incentives currently offered on the 2006 X5 3.0? If yes, then do they apply to the CPO purchases too?

Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently (within the past three months) purchased an SUV and crossover because of its optional or standard third-row seating. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 10, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• reloprincessreloprincess Member Posts: 14
    Help! I am going tomorrow to check out 2006 X5 3.0 I think and dealer is expecting 2007 in tomorrow also. Would greatly appreciate knowing what prices folks have paid recently for 2007 vs. 2006
    Also 2006 has DVD's in headrests and I did not see that offered in the brochure for the 2007 X5. Does anyone know if there have been problems with the DVD in headrest? Has it been discontinued for a reason?
    Thanks
  • chrisduudechrisduude Member Posts: 1
    I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the 2007's to arrive at my dealership. I was going to buy a 2005 used,then changed my mind and was going to lease a 2006. Then I talked with this salesperson who really impressed me, assured me that I will drive it off the lot for under $1700.00 Other dealerships were trying to get $4000 down for a 36 mos lease of a 2006!! I think that is like throwing money away. Some of the new features sound very cool.
    Just incredible! Drove the new 2007 X5s today.
    They just arrived at local BMW dealer yesterday and were serviced and ready to drive today.
    We are just smitten. Local dealer says absolutely no discount folks standing in line to get one and so forth.
    Would appreciate hearing from anyone that has ordered one if we can negotiate any off at all.
    What prices are folks paying?
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    THEYRE OUTTT!! i thought they were coming out in 2 weeks!! Oh man i gotta go drive one they sound awesome...Do they really drive much better than the older bodystyle, as far as handling and steering...it sounds awesome!!
    My dealer had a "launch party" for the X5 yesterday... wine, food, valet parking, etc.. Really nice..

The new X5 is very impressive.. They had a loaded 4.8 model and a fairly loaded 3.0 model in the showroom. The 3rd-row seat option is $1750!!

I didn't see the MSRP on the V-8 model, but the 3.0 was around $54K..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

There is no comparison....none whatsoever in the drive of the 2006 and the 2007.
    I drove the Mercedes ML and GL last week also and the 06 x5 drives about like the ML....the 07 X5 especially the V8 drives like the GL450 only sweeter. The cabin just seems way cooler than the Mercedes!
    Unfortunately, the MSRP is 54,500 on the 4.8i
    but with all the added "stuff it is pushing 62K.
    They say they won't discount it any at all!
    I would so appreciate hearing from anyone else that has bought /is buying one if they have been able to negotiate anything off sticker....
    Need to know quickly we have the fever and they will sell that car quickly cause it's a brand new toy!
  • 1stlexus1stlexus Member Posts: 12
    I am in the process of specing out a 4.8 with a local dealer that agreed to 5% of MSRP or $3,500 off a $70k sticker. Let me know if you want information.
    1st Lexus
    Yes Please! Just got off the phone with the dealer who says well they might knock of a thousand just as a courtesy to us but they are selling at full list. I have heard this from one other dealer I contacted also.
    Are you in the Mid West I think?
    I would appreciate info on where and if you are ordering what delivery date or is it on a car that is in stock?
    Thanks
  • msjjmsjj Member Posts: 4
    1stlexus,

I am trying to get a best deal for 2007 X5 4.8 but dealer is telling me people are paying sticker for this car. Some dealers did offer me $1000 but I walked away. Can you please share where you are getting your car from and the delivery date?

Thanks,
    1st Lexus....where are you we all are waiting to know where you are being offered a discount of 5% off msrp???
    Help. We need to make a decision before the end of the year because of a tax incentive and our local dealer only has presold units coming in except for the lauch vehicle they have now but we have to move quickly to make a decision before someone else buys it.
    Thanks
    I guess they deleted my first response, not sure why. Anyway, I have been dealing with Dan Kruse BMW in Davenport, IA. Excellent service so far. Troy is still working out the allocations, but should have more information this week. They just got their demos earlier this week.

If I remember right, I think (not sure though, you would have to ask)they can even drop ship to your local dealer so you wouldn't have to make the trip to IA if you're on the coasts. Or even better, setup an appt to take delivery in SC.

Hope it helps.
    sorry, just realized I accidently listed the wrong location. They are located in Dubuque, IA NOT Davenport.
  • msjjmsjj Member Posts: 4
    1stLexus - Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to call them if I can't get same deal from my dealer.
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    It is hard to believe people are paying MSRP. When the 335i coupe came out, the dealer gave me a price of $645 over invoice plus the $400 MACO totaling $1045 over invoice. The 335i may be as hot as the new X5 and still there are deals to be had.
    where you guys able to find a dealer that would give you 5%off the MSRP? I am in seattle and i found one what has MSRP of 73k, but they offered 1500 off only. this car has everything i wanted in my X5 and is going to be here is middle of Jan. What would you guys do and what did you guys pay for yours. thanks mike
    best offer i got on this car was 3800 over invoice which came out to be 71,800.
  • bmwkrazebmwkraze Member Posts: 4
    I ordered a new 2007 x5 2 weeks ago and i still have no tracking number. The dealership is being really sketchy about when I will get it. They told me the latest end of January. I can't wait I want it now I am too excited. Anybody get a more precise date for their order?
  • haaserhaaser Member Posts: 8
    My dealer(upstate NY) told me 6 weeks on an order so the end of January seems reasonable. I'm going to wait another month or two to order one and drive my GX470 this winter.
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    I took delivery of a 2007 X5 4.8i today (Dec 13, 2006). I ordered it two months ago. It was the first 4.8i that my dealership sold. The dealer told me that it would take 8 weeks to take delivery of a vehicle if you ordered it out of new production slots. That is a very a normal time frame to build and deliver a new car. Keep in mind that it's not always best to have the first car from a brand new model. The dealer will try to charge you sticker price and you'll get to be the guinea pig for new model bugs.
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    I took delivery of a 2007 4.8i today. It was the first 4.8 that the dealer sold (I ordered it 2 months ago). I managed to get them to knock $1,300 off the price in consideration of the fact that I've purchased 7 cars from that dealership since it opened. Most people don't have that kind of leverage, so I was somewhat "lucky" to get a few bucks off the price.
  • bmwkrazebmwkraze Member Posts: 4
    yeah i am extremely nervous about the whole guinea pig situation. hope the cars wont have many recalls. So you received your car today? you must be so excited! good luck with it!!!!
  • cgb0216cgb0216 Member Posts: 2
    I did a 2007 X5 test drive last week. I want one so badly now. Does anyone know or have any guess or advice as to when BMW will offer a special lease offer on this new hottttt SAV?!? PLEASE advise ;-)
    The lease specials will come whenever the car is no longer, "hot"...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• terrinterrin Member Posts: 3
    Hi there, it's my first post so sorry if this is a repeat question. I currently lease a 2004 BMW X5 and I owe about 33,000 on it. I want to trade it in for a '07 BMW X5 and I know they are going to put the "screws to me" when I trade it in.....any suggestions? I have 41,000 miles on it.

Thanks
  • sienna112002sienna112002 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, i need some advice Please..I want to buy a x5 3.0 from the dealer in Temple,Tx.It has Premiun packages,technology package,tail gate,cold weather package,rear climate with taxes and everything else drive out it will cost me 57,300.I dont if thats a good deal or not.Msrp on this suv is 55,445 and invoice is 50,520.Help Please!!! :shades:
  • sienna112002sienna112002 Member Posts: 2
    not good
  • ajaxnycajaxnyc Member Posts: 1
    Ordered an X5 3.0 (with premium, cold weather pkg and running board) on Dec 9, current status is "scheduled for production", the dealer told us we probably would have this babe in Mid of Jan

We called about 7 dealers around New York Metro, and visit 3. $2000 off MSRP is the best we can get.
  • emorexlsemorexls Member Posts: 3
    I just ordered an X5 3.0, how do you know yours cars currents status. Do you have to check on the BMW site?
  • vchugo007vchugo007 Member Posts: 7
    Can you share which dealers you called and went to, and which one is offering the best discount?

Thanks!
  • suntrojansuntrojan Member Posts: 4
    Paid $1200 over invoice for my 3.0 x5 07 in Irvine, CA ( Orange County), they also threw in the carpet mats too.