Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sheikh37sheikh37 Member Posts: 7
    I would suggest you follow the strategy laid out in message #618...worked well for me....If locals don't agree there is always the option of buying and picking up within a decent driving distance...any local dealership will service your car....These days its quite easy to order a car or deal over the phone and internet....that's how a lot of people do it now...no chances of being hustled into a deal you do not like....when all is settled online or over the phone...drive down and pick up your car.....1000 over invoice is very doable...just be firm and be willing to drive a few hours....
  • raodenraoden Member Posts: 19
    I contacted a total of 6 dealers in the NJ area through email first and then talked to them on phone. After a reasonable amount of going back and forth between dealers I finally got $2300 off the MSRP for a X5 3.0. That is basically $1370 above the invoice price. Sheikh37 that is about $370 more than what you paid near pittsburgh. But I didn't want to drive 5 hours for that difference. I paid the advance for my X5 yesterday! :) and I am eagerly waiting for my car to get built!! 8 weeks wait time though :(
  • sheikh37sheikh37 Member Posts: 7
    Mke sure that price includes MACO and all the fees...If it does you did just as good as me...my 1000 over invoice did not include MACO.
    The only fees you should really pay are training fees but at that price they will add MACO (Also known as advertising fees)...
  • raodenraoden Member Posts: 19
    Hmmm I don't know what MACO is even! My MSRP as configured on BMW website was $56575. I got a selling price of $54275. The following was added to the selling price

NJ Sales Tax @7.4%
    Doc Fees $159 (The dealer told me they are required to charge it by law and cannot be waived)
    DMV Fees $354 (4 years of NJ registration + title, etc)
    Tire Tax $7.50 (Some wacky NJ tax for tires)

I didn't pay anything else.
  • strat15strat15 Member Posts: 4
    In mid-February I ordered/purchased a 2007 4.8 liter (very well equipped) X5 from Patrick BMW in Schaumburg, IL. I would STRONGLY advice not purchasing a vehicle from this dealership. Below is a description of the many problems I had at this dealer.

- Sales person claimed 6-8 weeks for delivery on our 3 visits. When we were sitting down to buy during visit 3 on February 17th (where he already said 6-8 wks) he said it would take longer, but didnt know how much.

- After sales details were complete, we left the dealer with the understanding that he would call us within a week to give us a production number and confirm the details.

- The sales person never called. After two weeks (so about March 2nd) I called and he said we would get a production number on April 14 (a full two months after we placed the order).

- On April 13 I called for a progress check. Surprise! He had a production number for me. I immediately logged in to BMW owner's circle and lobbed a call into the factory only to see that the car was already in production with the WRONG options and obviously could not be altered. No premium package and no cold weather package! Who wants to buy a $67,000 car in Chicago without heated seats?

- I immediately called the sales person back and left a message saying the order is incorrect. No return call. I called a few more times over the next couple days. He finally calls back. He doesnt apologize at this time or at any time throughout the whole ordeal. He simply says, "don't know what happened."

- They give me a new production number and tell me I will take delivery in 3 weeks in the first week of May. I immediately call the factory again and talk to a very helpful gentleman. He informs me that my new production number isn't even scheduled for production until May 18th.

- After going back and forth and complaining to the sales manager, they eventually offer me a free baseball cap and box of golf balls. I tell them for $67k that is an insult. After another day of this BS and they offer me an additional $200 and then have the nerve to say that "this isn't a big deal" and that "there is a tragedy going on in West Virginia and you are worried about when you get your car?" and they can't believe "I am trying to crucify them for this."

- I cancelled my order and ordered from a different dealer. Patrick BMW, my sales person, and the sales manager have no idea how to conduct business. If you are looking to buy a BMW in the Chicago area, I urge you to look elsewhere.
  • bergs55bergs55 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at dealers around the Chicago area right now for an X5. Could you comment on who you decided to go with and what kind of deals they were offering? I tried Patrick as well but they weren't budging on the price so they're not an option. And after reading what they did to you, well...that just pretty much seals it. Hope you enjoy your new X5 once it finally arrives!
    If you are looking around Chicago, I have another dealer story for you. We first went to Perillo BMW for a test drive. They told us we couldn't drive the 4.8 because the battery was dead. I suggested they change the battery or start it up with a charger attached. They declined to do either. They offered to let us sit in the 3.0 on the show room floor. We thanked them for their time and told them we would buy our BMW from somebody who would actually let us drive one (we aren't young kids or anything). Our next stop was Patrick BMW, and you see how that story turned out.

We placed our new order with Elmhurst BMW. A friend of ours bought their X5 from there about 6 months ago and reported a very positive experience. Our 4.8 was spec'd with premium, technology, rear climate, cold weather, comfort access and sirius. Our friend's was pretty comparably equipped. Between the two of us, we got $2,000 and $1,500 off. $1,000-2,000 seems to be the average in this area (depending on equipment) based on my research and experience, so I don't necesarily think we got a "good" deal or anything. That's just the price you pay for buying a refreshed model. Also, we are only 1-2 days into our transaction with Elmhurst BMW right now, so I can't really recommend them yet.

Hope this helps and good luck. Please post any positive/negative experiences you have in the area.
    I spoke with both Elmhurst BMW and the factory today. The new X5 is correctly spec'd out and is scheduled for production a week BEFORE my second order at Patrick. So not only was the dealer experience lousy, but for all their bluster about their allocation, they misled me on that as well. Yet another thumbs down for Patrick BMW.
  • bergs55bergs55 Member Posts: 2
    Congrats on your order. I received quotes from about 8 local/semi-local dealers. The best offers I got were from Elmhurst BMW and Knauz. Patrick and Orland Park weren't willing to do much off MSRP and Perillo said they were getting MSRP however they did offer a few thousand off. The varieties of offers is pretty big...
  • jmt928jmt928 Member Posts: 1
    How long did it take you to get your production number? I ordered a 3 series 3.5 weeks ago.. was told the car would be ready in 6-8 weeks.. but still no production number.. not sure how they could possibly have the car ready by the time promised given this delay.
  • konukonu Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good price? $3200 below MSRP ($55500) Invoice is around $51K
  • ladyferrariladyferrari Member Posts: 4
    Based on what you're saying you only paid $800 over invoice. That is a great price! I paid $1800 over and I am in the DC area as well.
    I received my production number about 3 days after I placed the order. When I check the web site it still says that I am in order status and have not moved into production yet. Also the web page that BMW sends you to is not very efficient, it has the wrong options and color listed but my sales persons has verified that everything I ordered is on order and the web page just doesn't display it correctly.
  • rkc1rkc1 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to the Board members - I just ordered a 3.0 from Elmhurst. Production number was given that day (4/28) and is correct online today. MSRP was $53,675; paid $51,500.

Both Elmhurst and Motorwerks were very helpful. Elmhurst gave me the $51,500 via email! Patrick was OK on price, but the stories above worried me. Westmont would not touch that price even in person after two trips (they're closest to me).

Thanks again! Can't wait to see/drive my wife's new car! It should be here before May is out!
  • zgurzynskizgurzynski Member Posts: 1
    List Price: $53,845.00
    Cash Price: 51,900.00
    Monthly Payment: $724.20
    Total out of pocket: $3,651.75 + DMV
    This is based on a 10,000 mile lease for 36 months
    Money Factor: .00230%
    The car has the following options:
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Third Row Seating

what would you negotiate more ? Cost for add'l miles ?
  • donnaface3donnaface3 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased the above car which includes, premium, Nav, sport package, cold weather pkg, Rear climate pkg, park distance control, premiun sound system, xenon's, self dimming mirrors with 26,000 miles on meter, for $35,458.00 out the door. This includes the remainder of the 50,000 mile war., an additional 50,000 war. and the purchase of the maint. pkg for the last 50,000 miles. This includes the tire package as well. Did I get a good deal? Does anyone know how to use the phone system in this vehicle? I can't figure it out.
  • paxtonkpaxtonk Member Posts: 49
    Does anyone know of a way to search for a specific car without involving a dealer? I ask this because how do I know what the dealer is telling me about availability to true?

Thanks.
  • phogephoge Member Posts: 2
    A nj dealer just quoted me "We have several vehicles to choose from (and can certainly order whatever you want) but the one that seems to meet your needs is an X5 3.0 which includes cold weather package, rear climate, heated rear seats,entertainment package,tech package, 3rd row seats, premium package for $58,595 and is Jet Black on beige leather interior. We will sell this for $56,595 because it is a demo and has 6,400 miles"
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,768
    $2000 off MSRP and it has 6400 miles?!

That might be a decent price for a brand-new one...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carhead2carhead2 Member Posts: 3
    My local NJ dealer just told me he has no inventory and probably will not have more until 2-3 months. He added that if and when he gets X5s, they often go for over MSRP! Checking on-line, I see that at least one additional dealer in my area has no X5s in stock. What gives? No other posts I've read suggest such a shortage or high selling prices?
  • paxtonkpaxtonk Member Posts: 49
    I'm in the So. California market and I hear the same, they are sold out on incoming orders and only have a few in stock. I was however able to negotiate $750 over dealer invoice + PDI after emailing 22 dealers in my area. Also, knowing the bank fee and money factor really helped because many of the dealers tried to mark both of them up.
  • dorenescardorenescar Member Posts: 28
    Hi carhead2 - could you please let me know which dealer worked the miracle of $750. dealer invoice? It would be worth a drive from northern CA where we live. Thanks.. :D
  • rock64rock64 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up my X5 3.0 base car from New Century BMW Internet Department. Raj was happy to give me that deal 750 plus pdi and am very happy!

I appreciate your help.
    After an awful experience at Patrick BMW in Schaumburg and a poor experience at Perillo BMW in Chicago, We took delivery of our 2007 4.8 X5 from Elmhurst BMW. We brought the vehicle home five weeks after we ordered it. Our sales person was great and pricing was fair. The car itself is beautiful and is a treat to drive.
  • rluhrluh Member Posts: 1
    Hi Konu and Ladyferraiti,

I am in the DC area and shopping for a X5. Would you please let me know which dealer and name of salesman did you go to? Thanks much.
    I purchased my vehicle at BMW of Sterling. All of the sales people there are friendly and helpful.
  • beepyoubeepyou Member Posts: 1
    Hi Rock64, can you go into a little bit more details please?

what model...etc?

thanks
  • roverguyinazroverguyinaz Member Posts: 5
    Hi Everyone. If you can't tell from the name, I just traded in my 06 Rover sport (POS) and am taking delivery tomorrow of an 07 4.8 x5. Sticker was $69,580 and we were able to get $47,100 for my Rover so I am quite pleased. I was able to purchase the car for $68,000 and they threw in window tint. I hope I enjoy this car much better than my Range Rover. It was bought at BMW North Scottsdale.
  • louieplouiep Member Posts: 3
    roverguyinaz,
    I am planning to buy either an X5 or the Rover Sport for my wife. My wife likes the look of the Rover Sport but I prefer the X5 since I like my 06 750i. Can you tell me why you gave up your Rover? Also my sales guy in North Scottsdale is Bob A. Who did you deal with? Thanks. Louie
  • roverguyinazroverguyinaz Member Posts: 5
    Louie: I was in for service with my rover every week. The little things that it doesnt have that other cars have....power folding mirrors...auto touch windows, a very dated display for the radio....sirius takes 4-5 seconds between channels...my brakes were replaced twice in 18,000 miles and they still squeal....my steering wheel vibrated between 30 and 50 mph and they could not figure it out....
    I worked with ALI...we know him well. I took delivery yesterday and am in love already.

Not sure if im allowed to write this..but for your info...rangerovers.net has a good bulletin board and you can see for yourself all the comments, issues, etc. Good luck!
  • colimacolima Member Posts: 2
    You are so lucky. I ordered a 4.8 X5 with full option at Perillo BMW 11 weeks ago...I called my sales advisor several times. he said some supplier issue a month ago, and he was telling me the 20" wheels are short and wait for back order. my X5 is still not in production yet. I just moved to Chicago from Los Angeles, and i'm suprised of sales here. it took about 10 weeks to wait for M3 from European delivery in Los Angeles, how could a US produed X5 take 11 weeks but still not in production? I told him I will cancel my order if the car is still not in production by July 10th.

God, I wish my X5 coming as soon as possible because I dont have a car currently. I will go to Elmhurst BMW to ask the details about X5 this week. If I the X5 will not be here before Augest, I will never buy a BMW car again.
  • surfsup1surfsup1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carhead2,

I'd be happy to pay $750 over invoice on a new X5 4.8 + DPI. (What is DPI? Thanks.)

What dealer/salesperson did you buy your 2007 X5 4.8i from in Southern California? I'm currently looking to order the X5 4.8 (because I can't find what I'm looking for in stock) and I don't like the MSRP deals with inflated Money Factors I'm getting quoted from the dealers I've talked to so far.

Anyone else been able to get a good deal on the new X5 4.8 in the Southern California Market? Let me know who to talk to.

Thanks for your help!
    Roverguy,
    Thanks for the reply. I ordered the X5 with a lot of options that made the MSRP about 71,000. I got a $2420 discount over MSRP but the money factor quoted to me is .00285; I read elsewhere in this forum that the norm is .0023. I got a production number last Thursday and was promised 6 - 8 weeks for delivery. Thanks again. Hope to bump into you on your 7000 mile oil change at North Scottsdale BMW!
    Colima,
    I ordered my wife's X5 June 20 with a lot of options, June 21 the salesman got me the production number. I checked it out yesterday on-line (June 24) and the status is "On Order". My salesman intercepted a regular inventory delivery (status 111) amd modified it the way I wanted it. I was promised 6 - 8 weeks delivery.

Louiep
  • haaserhaaser Member Posts: 8
    I wouldn't count on 6-8 weeks if you order included the technology package or sport package. I have been waiting 9 weeks already and now system shows (per salesman) that production is scheduled for the last week of July. They are blaming the issue on suppliers. I'm thinking of canceling and buying a Cayenne S as I don't believe I'll get the vehicle till September. Slightly annoyed as I could have ordered the Cayenne and had it sooner than the X5. Any idea when the 2008 X5's be available?
  • king_aliiking_alii Member Posts: 1
    I ordered a fully loaded 2007 X5 3.0 through my broker and got a killer deal and money factor of .0233. I was told the rates have gone up recently but not sure how much. Thankfully, my broker was able to lock my rates. I'm in Socal, contact me on this thread if you want a great deal and I'll give you my broker's info.
  • sflgatorsflgator Member Posts: 2
    I was told that the '08 X5's should arrive in Oct.
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Member Posts: 16
    Are you serious? I ordered the X5 with the Technology and the Sports Package on May 29th and it is now saying in production- Flemington BMW told me 1st or 2nd week of July. I will keep you posted.
    Unbelievable! I ordered mine April 26. Still says “on order.”

Did you order 20” wheels? Post 660 seems to be having same problem as me. I talk to dealer daily and they have no clue. Keep me posted.
    Mine says in production and I did not order the 20 inch wheels. What is your dealer saying when your car is coming in? I was told 1st or 2nd week of July. I will keep you posted. I was also told that the website is not always updated. Yours could be in production and they just haven't put it on the web. Do you have a vin # yet? I do so if I find out anything I will let you know.
    Spoke to dealer today and apparently the 20” wheels are the problem. Supplier can’t meet demand. (makes some sense since you didn’t order 20s) Now scheduled for production 3rd week in July possibly sooner. I’ll keep you posted.
    Once in production how long does it take. You would think the website would give you an estimated completion date! I am getting antsy but there is nothing I can do. I am surprised you are so patient.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    I got the June MFs & residuals off of the 'fest. How much does the residual get pumped up if you take a 10K per year lease vs. a 15K per year lease?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

3% higher for 10K vs. 15K..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks Dude!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• ke323ke323 Member Posts: 1
    Here is what I was offered at a dealership in NC. Is this a good deal?

2007 BMW X5 3.0
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Comfort Access
    iPod adapter
    Heated front seats
    Running Boards

$55,500 + tax, tag, etc.
  • chadsmithchadsmith Member Posts: 2
    Im looking to Purchase an 2007X5 with the following..

Technology Package 2600
    Premuim Package 700
    Sports 3600
    running Boards 300
    Rear Climate Package 7000
    Delivery chart 775
    Base Price of 3.0si 45900

Total MSRP 57925

What is a good price for this car in NJ. So far the dealers i called only said they would nock of 2000-1500 of MSRP. Dealers said they only have a set number of X5 they can order, is this true? Inovice price is 53235, thats a 4690 between invoice and MSRP.
  • chadsmithchadsmith Member Posts: 2
    The question is how much you paid over invoice. Lets see.

2007 BMW x5 3.0 invoice is 42230 msrp 45900
    Premium package invoice is 3685 msrp 4050
    Technology package invoice is 2360 msrp 2600
    Running boards invoice price 275 msrp 300
    Heated front seats invoice 455 msrp 500
    Confort access is invoice 910 msrp 1000
    Premium sound package invoive1640 msrp 1800

Ivoice total is 51555
    MSRP total is 56150
    difference 4595

Your paying ONLY 650 off MSRP. That is a joke price. Minimum dealers are noking of 1000 of MSRP. I would say around 53,000 is a good price. Try harder....
    what is the base mf for a 2007 X5 3.0si on a 24 month lease? I checked out the fest and it says .0023, a dealer that I'm working with says .0025

Thanks

I use those same sources..

They have been known to make mistakes, though... How much do you trust your dealer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator