Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sm_edsm_ed Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Anon3!!!

That explains why the demo car with 19s was so sure footed driving in 3 inches of snow. My wife who is a big fan of LX470 immedietly agreed to go for the X5 - part of it had to do with how well it handled in Snow.

Gosh! picking up the car tomorrow and driving back 600 mi. Thought I will enjoy the car before: wife take over . This has adventure written all over it with the weather like it is in Midwest.

Dealer is more than willing to do a swap for the 19s. Having a hard time to go for that.

Thanks Again..
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    You're welcomed. I'm glad I could help. If the dealer will swap the wheels for free, it might be worth it just for the peace of mind. Whatever you decide, you will enjoy the X5.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Seems that you know a lot abt the x5 tires,would like to know in what size of tire will the x5 have the best handling and what brand of tire in normal road condition.I have seen x5 in 3 tire brands michelin,bridgestone,dunlop

thanks.

Isn't anyone here who is interested in a x6 looks great in pic surely will be better to see in person.
  • jason42jason42 Member Posts: 1
    hello all,

I am a first time BMW X5 buyer. I sent emails to 5 dealers asking them about the best price they can give me on 2008 X5 with my required options. 4 of them replied saying that they have the vehicles and advised me to come and look at them and that they will give me a good deal on the vehicle. the other one was more staright forward and he said that he will give me the vehicle for a price that is 1500 above the invoice price what ever it is. I have couple of questions. should I go with the Dealer that gave me the price quote. if so how low should I start the bargaining with him since he already made his offer. do you think I should start below invoice? does it work? do you think price of 1500 above invoice is a good deal? also should I even bother to go to the other dealerships at all as they have not yet made any offer and I do not want to waste my time with them if they are not going to give a better deal. kindly share your expereinces with me and I really value your advice.

thanks
  • knokno Member Posts: 7
    Hi jason42,

I'm pretty new to this board, but I've been lurking around bimmerfest.com for MONTHS! I sent emails to 6 dealerships within 100 miles of where I live (San Diego). 4 of them were willing to give me a direct price quote when I said I was looking for 750 over invoice. Based on all of the posts on bimmerfest, x5world, this forum, and a couple others, 750 over invoice appeared to be the best deal one could get. Two were going to honor the 750, but my final decision was based on how easily I could close the deal (the OLP expires on Jan 2 and I needed to lock in the rate asap) and how willing they were to work around my April 16th lease end on my '05 X3. Since I am a current BMW owner, I'm getting the OLP MF of .00170. Here's a breakdown of my deal:
    MSRP: 53725
    Sellprice: 51360 (750 over invoice, with MACO and Training included)
    36 months
    10000 miles per year
    Owner loyalty money factor .00170
    Acquisition fee 625
    Monthly payment 728 (incl tax rate of 7.75%)
    Drive off 1207 (1st month payment and DMV charges)
    Residual at 61% 32772.25

I did this calculation on my own via some lease calculator I found on bimmerfest and the payment I figured was off by about $18...the dealer mentioned some misc. fees he included, but I'm not too concerned with 18 bucks difference. The car is ordered and the deposit has been placed. I expect delivery late March.
    Hope this info helps you!
  • worldnet5worldnet5 Member Posts: 11
    I am not sure which part of the US you are in. But I would be stunned if you have 5 dealers with the exact options/colors X5 available in their showroom at this point in time. (If you are ordering it, that is a different matter). Anyway having said that your max price should be: invoice +1500. If you are in CA, maybe invoice + 1000. Also note that unlike other car dealers (Honda, Toyota etc), luxury car dealers won't budge too much on price. Their thinking: If you are walking into a showroom to drop 60k on a depreciating asset, a thousand extra for you won't be a deal breaker.
    Excellent 700 mi drive back home. Between getting familiar with the I-Drive and Sat. Radio - 10hr Drive seemed shorter. Everybody in the extended Dallas family liked the car. Considering that we are a LC/LX470 family - handling was especially appreciated. ( Not negative against LC/LX - just different ride) .
    Tobacco Interior and Premium Sound were huge hit.
    Head-Up Display was a nice surprise.
    HD showing Navigation, Cruise Control and different messages was interesting during the drive.

Very happy with the decision to get a White / Tobacco - 4.8 X5.

Thanks to the Forum...
    Hi u seem to be in love with this car as ur describing 10hr drive seem shorter?!!!

Since u guys like lx470 didn't consider checking out the new lx570 since it be out within the next week or 2?

Did u get the 19inch run flats,have heard many saying that run flats ride as harsh less comfortable noisy can u confirm it?

You said its just a different ride than a lx?can u describe it how different and whats better

Did you get Active Steering many have been describing as big mistake by bmw It degrades handling and steering feel.

Head-Up Display is this useful and can you turn it off

Well HAPPY NEW YEAR. enjoy your new car and congratulations.
    Thanks.

We had to get before the end of the year. Even otherwise I doubt we would have gone for 570 - not sure about the new exterior - especially - Rear . Also, we are going to keep the 470 .

We stayed with the 20s. Noise might not be a big issue with Radio on and yes Ride is spirited . For us it is refreshingly different from LX. Between the two we seem to cover Luxury to Sport rides. X5 is fun to drive.

No Active Steering . Did not drive one with, not sure how it assists. No Ventilated seats either. Other than these two - pretty much got all the options.

One simple Difference in driving between X5 and LX - I found myself maneuvering even the smaller pot holes on the road with X5 which I would have gone over with the LX. Basically, with LX you drive straight and with X5 you look for a turn.

Head Up display is probably one of the last options I was looking for. Only Ventilated seats and Active steering ranked below HD. Yes, you can turn it off.

We went through an extensive search process - narrowed down to :
    RangeRover - Didn't have the courage considering Reliability and the company up for sale. Probably the best looking interior of all the SUVs we considered. We have been told that reliability is considerably better now with Jaguar engine.
    ML500 - OK, but does not stand out in any of the categories.
    Cayenne S - This came in close second. After considering interior, exterior and options we chose X5. Something about Cayenne - we got strong opinions either way. No middle ground. X5 maintenance program is nice.
    Thanks for the replys

We stayed with the 20s. Noise might not be a big issue with Radio on and yes Ride is spirited . For us it is refreshingly different from LX. Between the two we seem to cover Luxury to Sport rides. X5 is fun to drive.

X5 is fun to drive but not as smooth as LX?and when the radio is off is there too much noise?

One simple Difference in driving between X5 and LX - I found myself maneuvering even the smaller pot holes on the road with X5 which I would have gone over with the LX. Basically, with LX you drive straight and with X5 you look for a turn.

So its a little difficult to drive a x5 then the LX.

and by the way how much did u pay for it.

I hope you dont get dissapointed after then new LX570 comes and if it drives better than the x5. tk.
    Thanks for your concern. We are very happy with our X5.

Looking at the pictures - 570 wouldn't have been on our list. Could be resistance to change but 570 exterior looks ugly. Then, when we switched from 450 to 470 we didn't think for a second time.

Thanks Again.
  • rednredn Member Posts: 1
    I'm in San Diego too. Can you tell me which dealership you got this deal?
    I appreciate your help. :)
    Brecht in Escondido was willing to give me the 750 over invoice (plus MACO and Training and Acquisition Fee), but they didn't have the production allocations necessary for me to receive the car by late March. The most important part of the deal for me was getting the OLP MF.

So I ended up going through the internet department at Shelly in Buena Park. I had emailed them before, but didn't decide to go through them until Brecht fell through. I've gotten some good feedback from my L.A. co-workers on Shelly. My $1000 deposit is paid and the X5 is on order!

Good luck!
    We stayed with the 20s. Noise might not be a big issue with Radio on and yes Ride is spirited

So u mean noise can be a little issue if Radio off?

Ride is spirited? so it isn't as smooth as the lx but it is fun to drive correct?

and did u get Michelin tires with the car.?

thanks. and keep us all here posted.
    With the 20" - Dunlops - Yes, Sportier ride and road noise.

Last night a good friend who recently bought ML took our car for a spin. He was thoroughly impressed. What a car!!! This is our first BMW - Please bear with the enthusiasm.

Also, dealership that helped us : AutoBahn in Dallas/FortWorth.

Thanks.
    After two weeks, I am back to driving LX. Really, road noise is about the same between the X5 and LX. Biggest difference I see is the seating position - you sit up high in a LX - more of a refined truck ride.

Took 10 min to give my wife overview on I-Drive. Haven't heard any complaints all week. Wait and see for couple more weeks.

I have two questions - How does the rear-view camera work? What controls the functionality? We see it come on sometimes when in Reverse.

Also, Park Assist - when I am going forward in the garage PA does not come on even with objects nearby. But once in Reverse, PA seems to kick in.

Rear-Entertainment audio through Premium Sound is awesome. Placement of the monitor between the front seats - should be improved. With two kids - can be a problem on longer trips. I wonder if folding monitor(s) could be placed on B-Pillars either side?
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    The LX has a "refined truck ride" because it is a truck. It is built on a Toyota truck platform, although heavily upgraded for luxury.

The rear-view camera is controlled in iDrive, which has several options for configuring the camera's operation. Page 80 of your owner's manual (the 2007 version, might be different for 2008) contains the instructions for parking assist and the back up camera. Page 83 shows the specific iDrive menus for the camera. It's one of the more obscure functions in iDrive (i.e. buried pretty far down in the menus). You have to go four levels down in the menu system to get to "Maneuvering Aids" to configure the camera, so it usually takes a while for a new driver to get to that level of detail in iDrive. (Also note that you can download the owner's manuals on the BMW Owner's Circle website.)

Parking Assist and the back up camera only activate when you put the car in reverse (or you can press a button on the dash board above the shifter). They don't come on automatically when objects are nearby.

I just noticed in the owner's manual that BMW put a heater on the lense of the back up camera to clear frost and ice. I didn't know that until I looked at the manual to answer your question. Nice feature.

Personally, I just turn off the camera and use Parking Assist because it takes too long for iDrive and the rear view camera to come on line when first starting the vehicle and backing up.
  • rocky40rocky40 Member Posts: 2
    Just ordered the X5 3.0

Premium Pkg
    Sport Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Comfort Access
    Ipod adapter
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Running Boards

MSRP 58,225
    Invoice 53,520
    Sales Price 55,200

Thanks for all the info on the forum...it help greatly.
  • vchugo007vchugo007 Member Posts: 7
    Rocky40 -- That's great ... where did you order from? Anyone get more than $2,500 off in the tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area?

Thanks.
  • voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    What dealer was this? Please let me know. Looking for almost same, and no luck with dealers. Except dont want sport pkg, tech pkg or running boards. Was it 3yr 45k lease? What is your monthly? Please let know asap.
    :cry:
  • rocky40rocky40 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased the SVU cash from Otto in West Chester PA - although I did not disclose my intent until ordering the vehicle. I visited two dealers and afterwards sent both an email describing what options I was interested in. I then advised I would come in the following Saturday to purchase the vehicle from the dealer with the best bid. Everyday I would receive an offer from both...eventually they both advised towards the end of the week that if I bring in my best deal in writing they would beat the price. I declined...I'm certain you can do better than the offer I received. I could have taken in the offer in writing to other dealer for a lower price but quite frankly I wanted to do business with Otto and was comfortable with the price.

The SUV is for the wife....should receive in about 4 to 6 weeks. Good luck.
  • bpblackbpblack Member Posts: 2
    :confuse: I m in the market to buy a used 2007 3.0, however, a dealer has offered me a 07 4.8 with 9K miles for 54K- sport, tech, cold and premium packages- running board and 20" - dont want them but they are on the, I wanted 19 all seasons.

Black on Black in NYMetro area

What do you think ? I am in a rush so quick replies are appreciated.
    That is a good deal.
  • chrisjurchrisjur Member Posts: 12
    As I noted in my previous post (chrisjur, "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" #779, 23 Dec 2007 8:39 am), I recently spec'd out a 2008 X5 3.0si with an MSRP of $59,020 and paid $56,725. That is $2600 over invoice and $2295 below MSRP. I negotiated hard with 3 dealers and one came in just a tad bit lower ($2400 off of MSRP), but that wasn't enough to make me jump from my existing dealer, who I've had great experiences with over the years.

This was in Central/North New Jersey.

Actually just submitted the order to the factory a few nights ago. Can't wait to take delivery!
    $2600 over Invoice is OK. If a car was on the lot you could have done better, but I guess you were particular about options.
    Just curious: When you say you paid a tad more to buy from a dealer who you had a great experience before: What kind of dealership is this if they charge you more and you are still happy because of perceived good experience. I ask because I bought a X5 last month and met many lousy dealers (including the one I bought). BMW dealers have respect only for buyers who 'lease' cars as they can make a ton of money every x years from them. One dealer (about 40 miles from where I live) even suggested that I should go to my nearest dealer for servicing! So much so for customer service
  • chrisjurchrisjur Member Posts: 12
    good questions.

Yes, I was picky about my options. I've "settled" with the last 3 cars that I bought since they were off the lot. Time time, I wanted to treat myself.

The difference in price I was talking about from the other dealer was about $325 less, so we're not talking about a significant amount. I've known a few people who have had bad experiences at that dealer, however, so I wasn't going to take the chance. My current dealer's service department has been excellent and I really had no complaints in the last 3 years.

This IS a lease, however, so maybe what you are saying about leasers vs. financers at some dealers is true. I haven't bought a car outright in 8 years, so I can't comment, though.
  • dennisfdennisf Member Posts: 4
    Just got a X5 3.0. Since it's last day of Jan, dealer was eager to make a deal. Here is the spec.

2008 X5 3.0 Monaco Blue
    Premium package
    Front heated seat
    Rear Climate
    iPod
    Rear tailgate door

MSRP: $51725
    I paid: $48425

Dest charge is already included. So it's $3300 under MSRP. I'm pretty happy with the deal.
  • houston777houston777 Member Posts: 13
    dennisf....Congrats....is this lease ???....If so can you tell us what Money factor and residual value you got....and also which city...

Thank you
  • dennisfdennisf Member Posts: 4
    No, it's not a lease. And it's in San Diego.
  • aggietke00aggietke00 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a new 2007 X5 4.8. The msrp is 67,820. What would be a fair discount for a new 07 model? This is in DFW if that helps.
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    I believe there is $3K cash back on 2007 models
  • rezfrezf Member Posts: 29
    Here are the numbers:
    MSRP: $73,320.00
    Sale price (Cap Cost): $68,006.33
    Car will be built in two weeks and be here in mid March (I custom ordered it)
    36months/15k per year: $1101 + tax per month
    total out of pocket fees: $2000 (see below for breakdown)
    Security fee is waived since I am a current BMW financial customer

I insisted on doing the deal at $500 over invoice, but I have noticed some miscellaneous fees which make up the $2000. These are title fees $201, processing fee $295, Acq Fee $685, MACO fee $200, Training fee $180, and $439 is put towards down payment.

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

thanks
    RezF
  • baller2011baller2011 Member Posts: 7
    Kno,

What dealership did you get the deal from? They are giving me $2000 drive off with $760 a month includes 8.25 percent tax with 12k miles, on MSRP: $52,025.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    baller2011 - Not a bad deal. What dealer are you working with? If you need help, please feel free to email me.
    My deal was from Shelly BMW in Buena Park (Orange County, CA). I just found out that the X5 is on route to the dealership, but I did not want to take delivery until after I make the final payment on my current lease. The Internet sales advisor kept his promise...he's going to hold on to the X5 until I'm ready to take delivery towards the end of March. Kills me to keep it there, but it wouldn't be good financial planning for me to take delivery of the X5 while I'm still making payments on another lease.
  • ashokkashokk Member Posts: 4
    I have ordered new X5 3.0si on Friday with following options:

Active Ventilated Seats Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Rear Climate Pkg
    Heated Second Row Seats
    IPod/USB
    3rd Row Seats
    Rear Seat Entertainment

MSRP: $60,075 (Destination Chgs incl)
    Final Price: $57575 ($2500 less than MSRP)
    Dealership: Motorwerks BMW, Minneapolis

I tried to bargain with other dealers but this was the best I could get them to.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks!
  • markmlmarkml Member Posts: 1
    I just priced out a 2008 X5 3.0 with the below listed options

Premium Package
    Cold weather package
    Active steering with servotronic power asst
    Navigation
    Sirius Radio
    High Definition Radio
    Running Boards
    Black Navada Leather
    Dark Bamboo Wood Trim
    Heads up display
    IPOD & UBS adapter

Was given a quote of $54,500 with tax and title
    hasn't any1 lately order a 4.8 which has a much better acceleration. but i guess pricey
  • ilovedogsilovedogs Member Posts: 11
    FYI, BMW has cash incentive on X5's till end of February on GROUND units only. Must be financed or leased through BMWFS. Have been told this is $2,500.
  • jbwischjbwisch Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone seen a 2008 X5 with the Tobacco Nevada leather and dark bamboo trim in combination with black saphire exterior? Does it look as good as black Nevada leather?
  • a8175a8175 Member Posts: 6
    Yes I ordered mine like that. I'am picking it up before end of the month. It looks great.
  • ucla95ucla95 Member Posts: 12
    The new (more powerful) twin-turbo engines are likely to be released in Spring/Summer. I think people may be sorry they bought now just before the switch.
  • jq36jq36 Member Posts: 3
    It was announced that TT diesel will be released this fall. Haven't heard anything about the gas TT 300 hp V6. I was really disappointed when they didn't release it for 2008. The 4.8 is bad on MPG's …don‘t want to fill up twice a week, and 3.0 is somewhat underpowered. Either TT V6 engine, Gas or Diesel, would be perfect.
    Do you know from a good source when will they release the TT gas engine? ... Such information would be very helpful. Thanks
    People: I bought a 3.0 in Dec. Mine is mostly city driving. I get 11.5 mpg. I am not complaining as I knew about low mileage when I bought it :-) But isn't it kinda low. That too with premium gas..
  • brandonw1brandonw1 Member Posts: 5
    I am considering buying a brand-new 2007 X5 4.8. Do you happen to know if this cash incentive is good on any X5 purchase or only on 2008 models?

Also, buy chance, do you happen to have information or know where I could find dealer invoice information for a new 2007 BMW X5. Seems like I can only find 2008 invoicing.

Many thanks.
  • brandonw1brandonw1 Member Posts: 5
    Quick question to see if you might be able to help as you seem very informed.

I am considering buying a brand-new 2007 X5 4.8. I cant seem to find any websites that still show 2007 invoice information, thus its proving difficult for me to determine what the best possible deal is I can get for taking a 2007 off their hands vs a 2008. Any ideas here?

Any help would appreciated.
  • mtech8mtech8 Member Posts: 4
    brandonw1: try here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Btw, why would you want a 2007? I'd strongly go with the 2008 model year. Especially if you want automatic tailgate. Plus IMO 2008 is slightly more reliable than the 2007 (from what I read on other forums). Makes sense since 2007 was first year version.

The TT V6 will eventually be added to the line. I truly hope it will happen for the 2009 year. Otherwise, I'll probably go with a MB ML or Porsche Cayenne instead. Personally prefer BMW's more. But pretty disappointing at this point.
  • ucla95ucla95 Member Posts: 12
    I am not employed by BMW or anything, but am an avid BMW watcher/owner. I believe you'll see the TT3.0 and TT4.4 in the 2009 X5's to be released this summer (the X6 with those engines goes on sale in April and BMW to save cost likes to run the same engine across multiple models).
  • rezfrezf Member Posts: 29
    I just signed on an X5. here are the details

X5 4.8. MSRP $75070....selling price $66600
    Lease payments of $894 per month with upfront fees of 1) first month 2) Acq fee 3) Sales tax.

I was able to take advantage of the $2500 incentive on top of a selling price of $500 over invoice for a net of $2000 below invoice. My dealer has a plethora of 3.0 X5s ranging in MSRP from $46k to $60k so if anyone is interested, let me know via email. This deal is good through Feb 28 only
  • usaokokokusaokokok Member Posts: 3
    hi~~

i'm looking for X5 too

please help me...

i can't find your email.. please mail me woaini729@yahoo.com

where dealer shop did you use??

than you