Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• amorinaamorina Member Posts: 4
    Are dealers still giving the premium package credit of $2050?

Anyone getting better deals (1500 or more below invoice?) now that the 09 will be coming out soon?
  • oohaahoohaah Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my X5 3.0si $2265 below invoice a week ago.
    I'm in OC, Southern California. Some dealers refused to give me the premium package credit of $2595 at that time, but I'm pretty sure they're going to have to offer $25k below invoince by the end of this month.
  • stockgurustockguru Member Posts: 6
    I just got a 2008 x5 3.0 last week for $500 below invoice. The dealer gave me a much higher price to start and did not include a premium package discount until a mentioned it. Then the dealer tried to convince me the price he gave included a premium package discount. We ended up splitting the difference by giving me about $1000 credit off the price. This got me to $500 below dealer invoice or about 5k off MSRP
  • dkla76dkla76 Member Posts: 41
    hey what dealership was this?
    i found one willing to beat 2500 below invoice. (most said they can match).

I got 10k off MSRP on ML350 and lexus GX470.
    dont know if its possible with X5.

im trying to shoot for 8000 off MSRP.
  • moroshitomoroshito Member Posts: 4
    Any of you can tell me if its worth paying the extra money for the 4.8 over the 3.0? I'm trying to decide on any of those. I got a QUOTE on a 4.8 MSRP 69,425 with invoice at 64,380 and Selling price on this one 4.8 $62195.. includes the - 1685 credit option and - 500 discount... Any help would be apreciated.
    hey so if i dont get the premium package, whats the price i can get?
    just invoice???
    I don't have a premium package in the car I am looking at and the dealership gave me the 2505 credit anyhow.

Sounds like most of you are getting close to invoice or below invoice on top of this credit?
    Amorina~

so u mean u got 2505 below invoice without Premium Package?
    if not how much below invoice was it?
    which dealership is this?
    I am still negotiating. I was saying that even though I am looking at a vehicle that does not have the premium package in it .....dealers are still offering this credit. In other words, the car you are looking at does not necessarily have to have the premium package on it for you to get the credit. This is a dealer incentive that they can use at their discretion.

Yes I am looking to negotiate so that I get close to invoice PLUS the credit.
    I think this is reasonable given that many dealers have quite a few X5s on their lot and 2009s are coming out soon. Thoughts?
  • bond007jbbond007jb Member Posts: 38
    I got an X5 3.0 MSRP 59825 with Prem, Sport, 3rd Row, Tech, Running Boards, iPod, Cold Weather, Rear Climate (Pretty much loaded) for 52K even. The invoice on this was about 55K. I also got the .9% financing. This was last month so dunno if things have changed much since then.

On the ques. of getting a 4.8 vs 3.0 I wish I got the 4.8 but my logical thinking overpowered me. Spending 10Gs more for a bigger engine, lower gas mileage would not have converted my X5 into an M3 beater, rather get the M3 later on for the thrills ;) I would mention, I have found the 3.0 to be quite peppy, accelerates well, and giving me 17mpg in mixed driving. I am hoping the avg. will improve over time. I have 1000 miles on it.
    i think if u can get 2000 below invoice without premium package then its a good deal now.
  • moroshitomoroshito Member Posts: 4
    I agree for sugestion of the 3.0 over the 4.8 but if you make numbers the difference between one and the other is around 5 grand and not 10k. The extras put the 4.8 trough the roof. I just wanna get a 4.8 ,sports pkg,nav, parkin distance, running boards and ipod connection. If its possible to get the 20" rims "Y" style. Invoice on this type of car plus extras is around 57,9 with premium discount maybe I can get it down to 56 or something. I don't now, maybe I'm crazy but do you guys think it is possible to get this kind of deal?
    Nothing is crazy, I have read someone got the X5 4.8 Dealer test drive vehicle with a few hundred miles for less than the price of a similarly equipped 3.0, you might be able to find a similar deal. What I have noticed is that dealers have fewer 4.8s in stock and are also less willing to bargain on the same. The price/bargaining power also depends on region. Regions with multiple BMW dealerships usually have better deals. I will suggest the following strategy:
    1. Request for dealer quotes from Edmunds.com
    2. Get some concrete nos. from dealers who contact you, they usually try to back pedal on numbers and will try to get you down to the dealership so that they can do their voodoo magic on you ;)
    3. Check out the car at the dealerships, don't take your checkbook with you on the first visit, so that it is easier to walk.
    4. Once you are well informed, contact all the dealerships and quote the price you think will work for you, someone will eventually bite it.

No harm in trying, wish you good luck.
  • indofruitindofruit Member Posts: 6
    Hi Bond007,

I am actually looking to buy a 2008 X5 3.0 with premium package and we do not really need a lot of options just the basic things. But I need your advice based on the discussions that I see, someone said that they got a $2,550 below invoice wo the premium package, is that possible? The invoice price is $42,505 and if it is true, the price he is getting is $40,505. Pls advice I am pretty new in this forum and would appreciate any advice what would be a reasonable price.

Tks a lot!

Rgds,
    Tom
  • emmazeusemmazeus Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a X5 3.0is. Reviewing all the responses regarding the Premium Package marketing incentive to dealers. Could someone reply with detailed information regardng this incentive to include amount of incentive, expiration of incentive, etc.? Thank you in advance.
  • n1g1fln1g1fl Member Posts: 8
    Just visited Dealership in So FL and without much trouble was offered invoice price and a credit for the premium package ($1600) for the 4.8i - for a total of around $1600 under invoice - could prob swing another 500-1000 with more haggling
    Did anyone get hit with dealer fees (inspection, registration, tire recycling, etc)

Also, what have you guys done on purchasing warranties (extended warranty, dent protection, tire protection)
    I have seen folks get the so called "Premium Pkg Credit" on a vehicle not equipped with Premium Package. Having said that I don't think you will get one similarly equipped on a dealer lot, and dealers are willing to deal more on the vehicles in their lot than a special order. Also note that as you add options the MSRP/Invoice prices do go up but then the dealers also get more margins to bargain with. So you might not get a great deal on a less equipped vehicle but at the same time you also won't get all the options for free.

I would suggest looking for a car on the lot with the fewest acceptable options for you and see if you can reach an agreement on price.

Cheers and Good Luck
    Want to add that folks who got the Prem. Pkg Credit on a non Prem. Pkg equipped X5 probably got a vehicle with other added on options. Bare bones X5 are hard to find on dealer lots, unless you find a canceled order. You will probably have to special order and may not be able to get the credit on such equipped vehicle. You might also lose out on resale value, 'cause most people want certain options in the car, I can think of Leather and Navigation and my personal choice would be Sports Pkg.

Cheers and Good Luck
  • jjj10jjj10 Member Posts: 2
    Hey, guys.
    I am actually looking to buy a 2008 X5 3.0.
    Here are the options.
    Alpine White, Premium pack, real climate pack, tech pack., automatic tailgate, running boards. satelite radio MSRP 53945, 825 destination charge.
    Dealer offered 56000 including title and tax with 0.9% financing.
    What should I offer?
    Reading this forum, 50K is quite enough for dealer.
    Advices are more than welcome. Thank you.
    The prices you are seeing for 2-3k below invoice does NOT include tax. So you are not really comparing the same thing. I highly doubt that they are willing to go 3k below invoice INCLUDING tax. I don't know where you are or what tax rate you are paying but for 54k MSRP I'm guessing the invoice is around 50k and you should be looking at 47-48k before tax to negotiate
  • jjj10jjj10 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you stockguru!!
    I am in Fort Lauderdale near Miami.
    Tax is 6%. The Invoice price of the car is about 50,380. Thus, I guess 50K to 51K including tax might be reasonable price. What do you think?

Thank you for your adivice, Stockguru.
  • eaw801eaw801 Member Posts: 21
    No one is dealing on the 4.8 in the NYC/Bayside/LI/NJ area. All I wanted was Rear entertainment, 3rd row, and Sport. I want the Sport package the most but cannot get it...I CAN get an otherwise fully loaded car for over $1,000.00 per month. Perhaps I should wait to see what happens in September. I can custom a 2009 diesel? Any thoughts? I am new to leasing: neither my spouse nor I had ever heard of an M factor....
  • khristerkhrister Member Posts: 2
    First of all thanks to this forum. Been reading for a while and got a lot of idea regarding negotiating Invoice Pricing plus Premium package discount.

I just got a deal today. The MSRP is $57475 and got invoice less Premium package. I got 7K off MSRP.

Premium PKg
    Tech. Package
    Rear Climate pkg
    comfort access keyless entry
    3rd Row seat
    heated seat
    Auto tailgate
    ipod/usb

Driving it off to my garage tomorrow.
    We may lease since the technology is changing. May be able to get one with Sport, Premium,Rear Climate,Running Boards, Cold Weather,Comfort Access, Navigation,Sirius (incl one year subscription) and Third Row for $5,000 down and $851 per month for 36 months. I am going to the dealer today to doublecheck. The $450GL, fully loaded, is significantly less although the price is to buy.
    I am located in Southampton, LI if that is relevant.
    Car man- any advice?
    Hi, I have a X5 4.8 in Southampton, LI with Prem, Cold, Nav, Sirius, Running Board,Sport, Comfort, Rear Climate, and 3rd Row in Southampton, LI. I am doublechecking on options today so I can be exact on this forum. The lease is for 36 mos & price is $851 with 5K down. Too much? The car is Not located here but can be obtained. Should I continue to negotiate? Try to get their more fully loaded on site vehicle which,however, lacks Sport- for the same price? As August winds down, is dealer more or less likely to deal?
  • ltpdihltpdih Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I received the following quote from a CT BMW dealer. NY/NJ dealers don't seem to want to play. Is this a good deal?
    Exterior: Space Grey Metallic Interior: Black Leather
    Packages: Premium, Tech, Rear Climate, Cold Weather
    Options: Automatic Tailgate, IPod, Sirius

MSRP: $64,500 +/- a few $
    Invoice: $59,560
    Selling Price: $58,875

I'm also adding towing packing which they quoted at $1017.15 saying it is their "cost". Got a quote from a NJ dealer and they were $100+/- higher on towing.

What do you think?
    Are you buying or leasing? What dealer are you using? Please let me know as soon as it is convenient. I may have to go to CT.
    Given the amount of miles we drive per year, we are buying. Lease deal would have been good if we could go with 10K per year as I've bought from this dealer before they were going to give me the BMW Owner's loyalty lease rate.
    It sounds official - BMW is not extending their existing program beyond Sept 2. Financing rates go up from 0.9% to 1.9% after the 2nd. Lease rates going up more. Dealer also told me Premium Package credit is being discontinued.
    My dealer said that he can get the car I want from a general pool of cars that BMW has made available. Thus it is not "on the lot" nor is it special order. Does the dealer have the ability to negotiate on this X5? So far, he has taken 4K off MSRP. This amount must reflect the dealer incentive however. Should I give up Sport Package in order to get an on the lot vehicle. The problem may be that the only available X5's have MSRP's higher than the one I am interested in.
    Sports Pkg is a personal preference. My previous car a 328is I bought off the dealer lot, he gave me 4K off MSRP on that which was the best possible deal at that time, and was on the lot vehicle, didn't come with sports package and I regretted it all along. Some folks don't like the sports pkg because they feel that BMWs already have a harsh ride compared to a Lexus. Personally if you don't get a BMW with sports pkg then might as well go for a Lexus or Merc., which probably offer a better bang for the A->B transporter.

I think good deals are still possible, shop the price you are getting to other dealers in the area, preferably over email so you have it in writing. The lots are thinning out though 'cause of the great deals. Tell the dealer the mandatory options and the price you are willing to pay, you will be surprised how many may want to negotiate.

Good Luck
  • mikey777mikey777 Member Posts: 9
    I brought a 3.0 from Difeo (Shahid). I love the car and can tell you that when I bought, I went every dealer and they were by far the best price. Really nice guy as well.
    Thank you. Even though we intend to lease (it is my first BMW & I keep thinking of this as a 3 year courtship before the marriage), I will call DiFeo asap.
    Hi,
    BMW is continuing the current offers on the 4.8 through the end of September. The latest wrinkle involves the plan whereby the lessee puts down $3700.00 & then pays $729.00 per month for 36 months (includes Premium package, premium Sound,3rd row seats). I have been offered put down $8000 (includes all fees including NY taxes,bank, deposit,etc.) & pay $809 per month (includes Sirius,Navigation, and Sport package). Crazy? This is from a NYC dealer who says that it is better to put 2800 down and pay $978 per month...I now have more negotiating time & more number crunch time but I still would appreciate any feedback.
    To show how confused I was, the first offer involved monthly payments of $829 NOT $729 ....what I am learning is that even the reluctant NY area dealers are dealing BUT they are giving nothing away. Any option that you or anyone loves (or hates) besides the Sport Package. Currently, and because this is a lease not a purchase, I am only adding Sirius, Navigation, Third row, and heated front seats.
  • pchera01pchera01 Member Posts: 8
    My queation is to you, can i lease BMW from different state? I am no in NY, I am in Oklahoma. I try with GL450 from FL, MBcredi says I can, but dealer refused to do it
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    You can lease from any BMW dealer in the country. Whether that dealer chooses to do business with you is something you can't control.

All of the leases are run through BMW FS in Ohio, either way..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• stanton08stanton08 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2005 X5 lease that will end on 10/30/2008, and I am thinking if now is the
    time to get some good deal over 2008 X5 3.0 model, or should I wait for the 2009 X5
    (no idea when it will be available though).... Any one has any suggestion? For 2008 X5 3.0, how much below MSRP can I expect, as this car will be almost one year old when 2009 model comes out?

Thanks a lot.
  • alewifebpalewifebp Member Posts: 4
    eaw801, you should be able to do much better, but check the money factor, residual and cap cost that they are quoting you.

In northern NJ, I am getting a X5 4.8 with premium, tech, rear climate, Sirius, auto tailgate and iPod/USB. MSRP is 63,470, and I will be paying about $775 including tax for 36 months and 12K/year. If you are current BMW owner, you can get that even lower, since the money factors are very competitive. Note that this includes no up front cap cost reduction, but I did go with the 7+1 security deposits, which saves me about $50/month. This was all done this past Saturday with minimal negotiation taking a car form the lot.
    My current deal is for an X5 3.0 (to some extent a gas mileage issue) with Premium,Tech 3rd row,Rear Climate,heated front and rear seats,Sirius,Prem Sound,Ipod,Runnng Boards, and Sport...15,000 miles on it BUT the dealership will guarantee tires as well as service throughout lease life.(36 months/12K/year). It was an dealership Manager's car & thus is viewed as new,thereby qualifying it for all available incentive programs. NY does not allow for multiple sec deposits (and I never could find the 3rd Row & Sport in NJ) so, with 3100 down (includes 1st month), payments are $634 per month including tax. The spouse swears he prefers the V6 engine... MSRP over $64,000. Because of the mileage, I figure it is being valued at closer to 49,000. The tire discussion almost derailed the deal. Your deal sounds great. Where did you find it?
  • alewifebpalewifebp Member Posts: 4
    Paul Miller in Wayne. It's amazing with the options how expense these cars can get. I saw an X5 on the lot that stickered at 77K!

Funny thing in real life, the difference between the V8 and V6 is probably not as big as it seems. I had an ML500 and averaged 16. The ML350 is probably good for 18 average at most.

I'd seriously consider rolling the tax in to the monthly payment and not put it down. If it is stolen or totaled, you lose that.
    I am looking for a new 08 X5 3.0 and got the following offer from a dealer:

- premium package
    - technology package
    - real climate
    - cold weather package

The MSRP is 54275, and the offer is at about the invoice at 49900.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    stanton08 - It is average since there is a $2595 Premium Package option credit. Where are you located?

Best,
    Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
    I live in California. How much lower can I expect below the invoice? Thanks.
    The goal is to get dealer invoice minus $2600 premium package credit. In reality, it is difficult to get this deal unless you are taking dealer stock and it has been sitting there for a while.

When I did my research last month, I found that people actually got around $1500 below invoice after hard negotiations. However, the closer you get to 09 model year, you might gain a little bargaining power. I've heard of people getting $2800 below invoice in certain situations.

As a reference, I bought mine last month for about $800 below invoice but was able to order the options I wanted and get it from the factory instead of taking dealer stock.
    Try for $3K below Edmunds invoice, got mine for that much. Better deals available on 3.0si than the 4.8 and the more options on the car, the more negotiating room a dealer has. Mine is a 3.0si with Sport, Premium, 3rd Row, Cold Wthr, Rear Climate and Tech Pkg.

Good Luck
  • fllcfllc Member Posts: 37
    Was that for purchase or lease? If for lease - what was the msrp and what did your payments turn out as?
    It was a purchase, got the .9% financing in July, payments came to about 980/month with 0 drive out cost.