Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hangtime03hangtime03 Member Posts: 13
    Hey ChromaZ,

For the benefit of the group since numbers seem to be scarce these days- any idea what your residuals and money factor were on those??

Thanks!
    Hi Carman,

Looking at a '06 Touring model- I saw above your money factor and that's greatly appreciated, do you know the residuals as well for a 36-39 month (12,000 mile) lease. Thanks!
  • lainenlainen Member Posts: 3
    I am currently in the market for a 350Z Touring model (automatic). I've seen the residual numbers that you've posted in the past as 51% on a 3 year lease. Is that accurate? I'm interested in a low mileage lease (12K). I have also seen the factors of .00275 and .00255, which one is accurate at this point?

What reasonable fees can I expect?

I have no trade-in and I am in a bit of a hurry. I can either hit the end of month/end of quarter quotas (does that even matter?) this weekend, or wait until July 4th weekend and hope for deals. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm a terrible negotiator!

Thanks! :D
  • fifer55fifer55 Member Posts: 1
    hello everyone

just came back from a nissan dealership here in LA and was looking at a 2006 350z basic edition (they didn't have any enthuasists).

anyway, the sticker price on the car was about 29,500 and the invoice was about 28,300.

well after 5 hours and the sales, sales manager AND 2 desk (tower) managers i walked out.

i went in there with hopes of a 3 year lease, 12K mile, 1500 down dream and walked out with 5 year, 15K miles and 2200 dream @ 440 per year with a residual of about 9500 at the end of the lease nightmare.

for three years @ 12K and 2000 down, they wanted almost 630a month for a BASIC 2006 350z. i didn't even want a roadster or a convertible.

i used edmunds online basic lease calculator and i inputed the down payment, the terms and the mileage and it came out to about 445.

for some reason my gut told me that was to high, so i walked, but now that i saw what edmunds had to say i am re think it.

of course when i was walking out the sales manager said the deal was no good as soon as i stepped outside, so i jumped out of the showroom.

ahhhh..

thoughts?

Mike :)
  • lainenlainen Member Posts: 3
    I've been getting quoted residuals of 17,362 on an MSRP of 34,085 (an automatic touring edition). That's 51% of the MSRP. That's pretty standard, it seems.

I have a question for the Carman. This is a quote that I've gotten for a 350z '06 Touring on a 39 mth lease with 5K down (12K mileage).

Sell Price is $30,869 (That sounds very low... under invoice)
    Payments are $383.09
    39 months 12k a year
    total downpayment $5883.09 (with the $5K down)
    350 z Touring auto trans
    Money factor .00290
    waiving sec deposit
    residual 51%= $17,362.00

That sounds like a good deal to me. The car is not a demo and it's in the color that I want as well. What are your thoughts?

:) Thanks!
  • sxzbztsxzbzt Member Posts: 15
    For some reason I couldn't find this color on Nissan's website for the 2006 model year. Did they discontinue it?

It seemed to cost extra for this color in the 2005 model year. Anbody have any idea why they got rid of it?
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    It was the Anniversary edition, was only available on '05 cars.

If you really want this color, you might still be able to find it on a left-over '05. There were a couple available around my area (Northern Virginia) as recently as late May. Check your dealer inventories and see if you can find one.
    Finally got my Z!!
    2005 Nissan 350z touring Roadster
    2265 miles ultra metallic yellow exterior Black leather interior
    18" chrome wheels and everything else.

Going to pick it up off the lot today out the door for 33140!!
    Congrats! That's a great deal!

Did your car include NAV, or not? Was this a dealer demo or something? Just curious about the low miles.

Have fun driving! I just passed the 3000 mile marker myself.
  • smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    I'm looking for a left over in MA or NH. I noticed someone posted that they saw some in VA. Any ideas?
    Nope no navi available but definitely love the wheels!!

Don't know about the miles. Dealer says he got it from auction. Car was originally from Tennesse. There is another one left over in TN same color, this one's new. Dealer's asking 34900 before taxes but no chrome.

How come there are so many of the metallic yellow left over from 2005?
    How come there are so many of the metallic yellow left over from 2005?

Just not as popular a color as they had hoped it would be. Appears even sports car buyers can be very traditional. The most common color is Silverstone. I read someplace that half of all Z's were some shade of silver. Which, to me, is very bland - nice enough and all, just not my cup o' tea.

I've got Redline. To me, the red, blue, yellow and white all look great. I thought that was a rule, sports cars were supposed to look, well, sporty, and not like a would-be conservative sedan? :shades:

(Just kidding, all you Silverstone owners! No offense meant!)

Anyway, I hope you have many miles of happy motoring in the Anniversary Yellow; it's a fun, "look at me!" kind of color, shows a certain personality, so if that's what floats your boat, should suit you well.
  • newznewz Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2006 350Z (silverstone w/burnt orange leather seats) with touring package plus rear spoiler.

Ferman Nissan
    Tampa, FL

MSRP $34085
    Dealer sold it "at invoice" for $30730. Seemed like a good deal.
  • speed21speed21 Member Posts: 5
    hi guys i am a new member here... i am 17 years old and in few months i wanna buy my first car, here r the cars that i m thinkin of:bmw 330ci, 350Z, infiniti G35... but the car that i really like is the 350Z , i want it a automatic (tiptronic) transmission.. so i wanna ask u if the tiptronic Z performs the same as the Manual Z ??? acceleration....... i m really looking forward to buy one...
    i am 1 years old

Bit precocious to buy a car at age 1, no? ;)

The manual and the automatic are slightly different animals. If you live or drive a lot of time near a large city where there is a lot of stop and go traffic, you'll be glad to have an automatic.

Are you looking to race on the track or drive like a normal person on the highway and around town? I think the automatic will give you everything you need, even the fun of "shifting for yourself" sometimes. Chances are, you'll end up leaving it in automatic 99% of the time anyway.
    hi sorry i meant i am 17 years old hehe... and about the 350Z, i want it automatic coz i live in the city so there will be some traffic , .. and i m not gonna race on tracks coz here (i live in lebanon) there is no tracks to compete our cars on it ... so it will be just for roads and streets , and i am used to drive BMW's (we have 4 BMW's) so u know i want the Z coz its beautiful and RWD so it will be good for some drifting, so i want to have some fun with it on highways speeding, and on twisty roads, and i want it automatic, so do u think the (tiptronic) will perform the same as the manual?
    I'm going to sound like your friendly loving aunt here - you're 17. If you want to see 18 - try to hold it back on the speeding and drifting, ok?

Good friend of mine just lost his 17 year old nephew to youthful stupidity. The boy's mom is devastated and the family is struggling to go on. Don't put your family through that.

And don't think you're so good you're invincible. You're not.

You want to race, find a track or a club or something.

(Rant off.) ;)
    hi man , thx for ur concern really ...about speeding and drifting..it didnt meant that i will always drift on twisty roads and always race on streets, i just meant that in the 350Z automatic(tiptronic) does it perform as the manual? for example acceleration, ...... got it ? sometimes when u have a fast car as the Z or BMW as we have, u like to speed, so the tiptronic performs well right ? and can u compare it to the manual ..thx guys..and do u advice me to buy one?(automatic transmission)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,933
    i replied to your message in the Z owners thread.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Hi All,

Looking for the residuals and money factors for a 2006 Z Touring model- 24, 35, and 39 month leases, 12000 miles-

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You;re welcome, hangtime03. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00285 and 52%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00285 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi Mike. This car's lease payment will depend upon what its selling price is. Let's say that you were only given a $500 discount on it. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe with an MSRP of $29,500 and a selling price of $29,000 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $536. I advise consumers against making down payments when leasing because those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, but if you were to make a $2,000 down payment on this car it would drop the monthly payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $474. These are before tax, so with tax you will be approaching $500 a month, which is more than you were hoping to pay but still way less than the dealer that you visited quoted you. If you were able to negotiate a larger discount than $500, this car's payment would drop.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello lainen. A price that's below dealer invoice is an excellent deal on a new 2006 350Z. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is a little high though. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for the '06 350Z is .00295 and I believe that it was even less than this in June. Perhaps you are having your car's security deposit waived. NMAC will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in a vehicle's money factor.

One thing that I notice about the deal that you described is the huge down payment that you are making. If your leased 350Z is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during the above lease, your nearly $5,000 down payment will essentially disappear. You would be better off keeping that money in the bank and using it to supplement your car's monthly payment or make a few of them for you. Here's what a zero down lease of this car would look like if you are interested. According to my calculations, a 39 month, 12,000 mile per year lease through NMAC of a 2006 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe with an MSRP of $34,085 and a selling price of $30,869 should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $491.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings hangtime03. Here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00285 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00285 and 52%. The numbers for a 39 month lease should be .00285 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    As always- thanks again
  • nylradnylrad Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I saw your post and would like to ask you a question. That price of $30,730 for a 2006 350Z sounds like a great deal. Is it the convertible? I'm looking for one right now and grew up in the Clearwater/Largo area and would consider coming down from South Carolina if the price would make it worthwhile?
  • scottmz3scottmz3 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I'm just about to take the plunge and get a 2006 350Z (either Touring or Enthusiast). Just curious what sort of leases people are getting out there? I know leasing has a ton of variables that effect monthly payments, but I'd still like to hear some of the scenarios that people have out there.

Many thanks!
    -Scott
    Coupe or roadster?

And you're right, tons of variables. Just curious, why are you leasing instead of buying?
    You're very welcome, hangtime03.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Coupe.

As for why I'm leasing? I have always leased my cars. For tax reasons and the fact that I love to get a new car every 2-4 years. It's always made sense for me. No reason to purchase a depreciating asset that I wouldn't get a tax break on and that I know I'm going to sell in a couple years...

-Scott
  • jmcmbzjmcmbz Member Posts: 43
    I test drove a new 350Z today at Performance Nissan in Duarte, CA (off the 210 near Pasadena). Loved the feeling of that rumbling 6 speed in my hand! Anyway, I was looking and daydreaming for an amazing deal on a used Z to have as a second vehicle. They had no used ones in stock but offered $600 below invoice on a 2006 brand-new one without even negotiating. Thought this was very agressive and may be useful information for someone looking for new. Unfortunately, it's still out of my price range!
    $600 below invoice? Wow! I'm about 2 weeks away from making an offer on a '06 350Z...what model did they offer you at $600 below invoice? The Touring? Enthusiast? Or Base?

Anyone else been able to get deals as good as that? I was planning on offering $200 over invoice...but apparently I can do better!

Thanks!
    -Scott
    well, we are nearing the end of the summer (which means far fewer people are out there shopping for cars that won't be used during the winter months) and nearing the intro of the new model year vehicles ... so, yeah, i think you should be able to do pretty well.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

This was on any model I wanted but I was looking at the base and enthusiast models. Like I said, I didn't even try to negotiate this was their first proposal on price. Could maybe even do better. Who knows? This is So. Cal so I don't know if the whole seasonal demand argument works but it is nearing the end of model year. I wish I could afford the car new. I came across a brand-new 2005 at a different dealer but they were very vague on price and said there were no additional incentives. Wierd.
    On a brand-new 2005 you should be able to do VERY well. I bought a new 2005 in April at about $7,000 off list, roughly $3000 or so below invoice. Should be even better now.
    I said "I'll take it for 10K off the sticker" (25.4K)thinking I might actually have a shot at some huge lucky break and they let me walk without a manager to come and give me any sales pitch. It was a Touring 6spd in silver with under 300 miles on it. Like I said, wierd. And they had I think 2 or 3 coupes and 2 convertables in the 05. This was kind of a small, out of the way dealership. Anyway, it may take me months to find the right car and price (new or used).
    Well, 10K off might be more ambitious than they could meet, but certainly 8k off should be close to reasonable. Did you like the car enough to offer another couple thousand for it?
    so, at $35.4k, i'm assuming it had nav and airbags? Or maybe chrome wheels, etc.

In any case, the thing to consider is that they could always just send it off to dealer auction and probably get somewhere in that $25k neighborhood for it.

I think biancar is right and $27k might be the number to shoot for.

• alaw35alaw35 Member Posts: 5
    Let me ask a question. I am looking at a used 2005 Z with 10K miles on it. It is the 35th anniversary edition with an automatic and navigation. Dealer is asking $29,900. Clean title and carfax says it is fine. What do folks suggest I offer on this? Or am I better off waiting until the 2007s come in and get a leftover 2006. I imagine more automatics would be leftover. OK no laughing. I have driven manual for 40 years but I live in Washington, DC area and traffic is horrible.
    You might want to look at the Used Car "what is your car worth?" tool on the Edmund's home page. I just ran it through for a silver Anniversary Edition, clean condition, with front and side air bags (does this car have those?) and it came out $25,737 - trade in

$28,091 - private party

$30,017 - dealer retail.

Usually these values are a little behind the times. So to me, if you could shoot for around $27,000 - $28,000, that would be excellent, anything between $28 and the dealer's asking price of $29,900 wouldn't be too bad.

Forgot to include nav, so through in a little for that. Dealer's asking price is not outrageous, but maybe you can get something off that.

Just curious, what dealer are you using?
    start them at $26k, but no way i'd go over $28k.

If edmunds says trade-in is $25.7, then odds are its more like $24.5. Nav only adds $500 to the value, by the way.

So, let's say the end of the world on trade-in is $25k (i doubt that, but let's be generous). Then $26.5k is a pretty good deal for you. $27.5k is fair. $28k means you probably overpaid a bit, but didn't get taken to the cleaners.

• 350zr_dave350zr_dave Member Posts: 6
    I finally bit the bullet. I had planned to wait until next year and was only looking around, but when I stumbled across this 05 350ZR and the salesman started hinting about a great deal, I was hooked. I had done a lot of reading on the 350Z, this forum, my350z.com, & numerous reviews. I had done my homework over the past year.

I had decided on a 2 seater roadster a year or 2 ago and planned on getting the SLK. Then they went and redesigned it and beefed up the power. Nice except for the price. My brother owned an S2000 which I liked, but could not buy the same car he had. Z4 was nice as well as the Boxter, but when all things were considered, there was only one car for me. 2005 Ultra Yellow 350Z Touring Roadster.

I did not bite on the first meeting, but waited a couple of days reasearching prices and also making arrangements for financing. Based a lot on what I had read here, is how I made my offer. The salesman had originally told me that the dealership might be willing to take $34K (sticker was $39.5K). When I showed back up Monday, I offered him $32K (I had seen used 2005 with 10K miles selling for a little more than that). We ended up settleing on $32.5K which was $4K below invoice. This was before the rebate came out (I bought the car 4 weeks ago). To clinch the deal, they threw in an oil change and sold me the 5 yr/100,000 bumper to bumper warranty for $1500 (hell Circuit City wants $500 for a 6 yr warranty on my TV). Nice thing about the warranty is, if I do not use it, then I can get a 100% refund.

After 2 weeks, I was hand washing the car and noticed a ding in the lower part of the driver's door. Not a happy camper. I had been parking away from everyone as best I could. Taking care to always have one side against a curb (so only one side would be at risk), I still have a ding in the door. One below and one above the lower ridgeline. The salesman called me a couple of days later to see how the car was doing. I told him it was excellent and I loved it. I also told him about the dent and how I could not understand how it could have happened the way I had been looking after it. His response: "No problem, bring it in next Monday and I will have it taked care of" I showed up this past Monday and the Dent Wizard was there. Salesman never looked at the car, just pointed me in the right direction and 30 minutes later, it was good as new. I generally take a dealer's name sticker off the car, but I think I will leave this on for awhile since they really have been good to me.

I spent 10 years in the car business (both selling and servicing), and I know a good deal when it hits me upside the head. I got my dream car and was extremely happy with the deal.

So, if you can get the same deal as I did and then get the rebate on top of that, you just cannot walk away.
    Excellent deal! You did very well.

Is this an automatic or manual?

I've got a tiny little ding on my passenger door, too, and have also really tried to park away from everyone - except for one time when I couldn't, and that's when it happened. Maybe I should see if the dealer will do the same for me as yours did!
  • 350zr_dave350zr_dave Member Posts: 6
    I got stick. If they won't check and see if they use Dent Wizard. A lot of dealerships do. It took the guy 30 minutes to get mine fixed (almost) as good as new. If they don't want to pay, see if they will let the Dent Wizard do it there and pay their cost (less than $100)
  • bajapanty350zbajapanty350z Member Posts: 88
    ok guys I was reading your Forums and I think its a great way to get info on leasing a car.. I already leased my car last year .. I am just curious to see if I got a good deal back then I put 2 k down on 36 months with 15 k miles a year and I am paying 522 including taxes.. Did I get what we call Shafted down here in miami? Or did I get a more or less decent deal? lol
    Thanks
    Rob
    Hi Rob. The best way to tell if you got a good deal on your lease is to look at your car's full MSRP and selling price. Both of these numbers should be listed on your lease contract. They will show you how much of a discount you were given on your car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • aprilnjaprilnj Member Posts: 9
    Carman
    I have been goin crazy every dealer tells me something different so I REALLY need some sound advice here.

I am looking to lease a 2006 or 2007 Mercedes CLS

Okay, heres the problem. 1 dealer tells me to make payments less is better to lease 06 for AND another tells me no, no no better To get the 07?

I am real confused, I am was assuming get a leftover much lower price can pickup vehicle for $72,000 with original MSRP of $78,400(oh yes and MB is offering $2000 cash incentives to dealer on the 06 CLS).
    While the 07 with same options is $80,000 and I havent done much negiotated at this point with 07 as I figured smaller monthly payments on a 06 i.e. lower price? am I wrong? Need some help fast 2006 models are clearing quickly with the options I want.

HERES MY NUMBERS-I have found an 2006 with all the options I want MSRP of $78,400- discounting to $71,000 I want a zero 0 down 39 month lease with just reg fees bank etc and no tax included with the payment a 10,000 mile a yr lease, 39 mos any figures to help with this deal- 1 dealer told me $1230 a month with like $5,000 total out of pocket!, doesnt sound to great? Anyway... what should the numbers REALLY be? Since this is a 2006 and not many left I want to move quickly on this car, but dont wanna get ripped off either, thinking of calling the Sales Mgr directly and offering him a deal! Car had been on the lot for months any help, Thanks! Your help is greatly appreciated thanks for your time, see you havent visited CLS board so I want looking for you, hope you dont mind? P.S. Oh just in case, I have good credit. :confuse:
    Messages Page 2 of 2
    1 2 Recent Msgs Go To Msg #
    Search This Discussion
  • jim_mckeonjim_mckeon Member Posts: 17
    Anyone leased a 350 Roadster in the SF Bay Area recently? Any good/bad luck with any particular dealer?

I was quoted a MF of .00385 and residual of 53% on a 2006 Roadster with Touring Package and a price of $37500 by Capitol Nissan in SJ. The money factor sounds way too high to me - anyone had better luck?
  • mustlistenfcmustlistenfc Member Posts: 2
    I just came from Nissan in houston.

This is my Price
    2006 Z ENTHUSIAST 2DR 6-SPD

PIKES PEAK WHIT, CARBON/CHARCOAL

MSRP
    BASE $29,350

AKP$110
    ALUM KICK PLATE

CGO $80
    CARGO CONV PKG

FLO $90
    FLOOR MATS

SGD $140
    SPLASH GUARDS

TMA $70
    TRUNK MAT (COUPE)

50S $0
    50 STATE EMISSION

Freight Charge$605

Total $30,445 + TTL

MSRP† $30,445 + TTL - dealer retail.

$30k Drive out

Is that the Good prices or not because thay told me 07 350z will coming up on Nov.
    please let me know ~~
    $30k driveout doesn't help anyone assess your deal (unless they also live in your area).

What is the purchase price of the vehicle itself?

This discussion has been closed.