Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mustlistenfcmustlistenfc Member Posts: 2
    MSRP† $30,445 + TTL - dealer retail.

$30k Drive out That price is $350 under the invoice
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    sounds great to me, then.

Carsdirect says I could get an '06 Enthusiast for only $500 off STICKER.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• sosksosk Member Posts: 42
    Hi....does anyone know if there are any changes in the '07s from the '06s? I can't find any info for the '07 Zs online. Thanks, Sue
  • clatclat Member Posts: 2
    hey car man,
    Could you please list the current money factor and residual for an 06 350z base model interlagos fire and side curtain airbags, 15k miles for two and three years (i don't know if its 24, 27, 36, or 39 months through nissan). I would also appreciate anything else that you think may help. Thanks.

clat
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey clat. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00285 and 47%. This money factor is actually available for any length lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • insomniaxviinsomniaxvi Member Posts: 1
    Hoping I could get some info about the following situation. My thanks go out in advance...

I'm 17 years old and am interested in driving an '06 350Z Touring Coupe. My parents have terrible credit and I know they will be declined for the lease.

I currently have $20,000 from a trust fund that is currently deposited in my checking account. My thought is that I could, dealership permitting, pay the complete sum of a 36 month lease in cash as a "down payment" to combat the fact that all I have is cash. Does anyone know if this would be possible or has heard of anything like this?

If not, is there a way to work around this? I have not been to any dealerships yet with this plan in mind. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, let's say that I do wind up paying the entire sum of the 36 month lease in one payment, or rather, as much of the down payment as possible, what figure am I looking to pay in total for the entire lease?

I also have other money set aside for insurance and whatnot.

( This is my first step into the car-purchasing world, so please be thorough in explanation, sorry :confuse: )

I'm specifically looking to get:

2006 350Z Touring Coupe w/:
    6-spd manual
    side and curtain airbags
    carpeted floor mats
    carpeted trunk mat
    aluminum kick plate
    areodynamics package

According to nissanusa.com, Total Configured MSRP† $34,485

Much appreciated,
    Cory
  • mseningenmseningen Member Posts: 27
    Let's say there is a 48 month lease with 50 of 60k
    miles left for an '06 350Z GT Roadster?

How can you tell what a good rate would be to take
    over the lease payments?

thanks,

Mike
  • jmatson266jmatson266 Member Posts: 3
    I was thinking about leasing a Grand Touring Roadster--39 months, 12000 miles, 0 down. Would it be better to wait a couple months for the 2007? I'm not going to buy at the end of the lease, so I'm not sure if payments will be much more if I wait or if a much better deal can be had on a 2006 once the 07 is out? What do you think? Thanks
    That would be an easy choice for me --
    basically you are saying that you want to rent it for 3 yrs.

Let's assume that its 40k base, and 20k for
    residual for the '07
    for the '06 let's say they knock it down to 36K and 18k

Is the $2k difference really worth just saying you have
    an '07 -- which for a Z are virtually identical?

m
    Hi jmatson266. Given the lack of lease support on the Nissan 350Z, all things being equal (namely the selling price), I would not be surprised if it was actually less expensive to lease a 2007 model when it comes out than it would be to lease a 2006 model because the '07 350Z will likely have higher residual values. This is all just speculation though because I don't believe that Nissan has published a lease program for the 2007 350Z yet. Which model ends up being cheaper will ultimately depend upon how much lower a selling price you are able to negotiate on a 2006 model when the '07s finally arrive at dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • coolmarine24coolmarine24 Member Posts: 5
    Hello CarMan, first of all thanks for all the valuable help that you provide, Great Work!...Anyway, I am looking to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Touring. Per your advice I am not going to put any money down. I'd like to lease for 36 or 39 months, 15K miles per year. Could you please tell me around how much I should expect to pay a month for this vehicle?? Nissan's websites lists Base MSRP at $32,450. Also do I need to make sure that the car comes with a bumper to bumper warranty?? or does this come standard with all leases??.Hopefully it will be below $550. Please let me know, Thanks Again.

Carlos
    to add to my above post...I am looking for the coupe and manual transmission...thanks!
  • zeeyazeeya Member Posts: 5
    I am really caught between a rock & a hard place. I was waiting for the right deal on an '06 GT Roadster. Found one, I think...Nismo plastic and exhaust, MSRP 43K, marked down to 38,900. Problem being, rumor has it '07 promises more horse and I'm a HP junkie. I know '07 will have larger selling price but I'm not sure if that will really affect a lease as you are only paying the residual each month. I've heard arguments for both sides and am thoroughly confused. I also want to get the lowest monthly payment possible, which would require a huge downpayment on a lease, and now I'm finding that that's not the smartest route; that I should buy. My credit took a nosedive last year and I have been pretty successful in rebuilding it, but I know my credit status will negatively affect the interest rate on a purchase, thus eating up a large downpayment anyway. HELP!!!!!
  • rtongrtong Member Posts: 4
    Is this a good deal (from a Infiniti Dealership)? 2005 Nissan 350Z Roadster Touring w/ 13,293 miles for $25,897 - it's silverstone with black interior. What price I should offer?
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    Sounds like a pretty good price. Just check the values on edmunds, if it's anywhere close to the trade-in price on edmunds then it's a great price. Check the rear tires before you buy it, if they are completely bald that's a clear indication of a lot of hard launches...though by that mileage they will have a lot of wear under normal conditions.
    You're welcome and thank you for the kind words, Carlos . All leased vehicles come with their normal new vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. A base 2006 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. for now I will assume that you are going to be able to negotiate a $2,000 discount on this car. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe with an MSRP of $32,450 and a selling price of $30,450 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $533. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease is $510.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zeeya. Unfortunately, a higher selling price will definitely result in a higher lease payment. I haven't played with the numbers lately, but I suspect that it will be much less expensive to get a 2006 350Z than it will be to get a 2007 model. I can tell you exactly what the lease payments on the cars that you are interested in are going to be like if you provide me with their full MSRPs and approximate selling prices. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for these cars right now by visiting the following discussion: "Nissan 350Z: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these prices are and I will crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks so much, that for sure will help tremendously in making mi decision! Again ...Thanks!
  • veal999veal999 Member Posts: 7
    Hi all. I've decided to purchase a 350z grand touring coupe (black) in the '07 model. I saw the press release that they are out, but dealerships in So. Cali don't have them yet. Two questions b/c you guys seem so helpful:

1) ANy idea when these dealerships will see them?

2) I anticipate putting $4,500 down and doing a 3 year, 10K/year lease. What do you think a fair lease payment is on that based on A+ credit?

Thanks guys!
    [just posted this on the other 350z board, so sorry for duplication .. ]

Hi all. I've decided to purchase a 350z grand touring coupe (black) in the '07 model. I saw the press release that they are out, but dealerships in So. Cali don't have them yet. Two questions b/c you guys seem so helpful:

1) ANy idea when these dealerships will see them?

2) I anticipate putting $4,500 down and doing a 3 year, 10K/year lease. What do you think a fair lease payment is on that based on A+ credit?

Thanks guys!
    Whoa Nelly -- you need to be an informed leaser.....

Find a leasing calculator -- learn the terms....
    get informed. Try this calculator site

You might even consider if you have a bank or credit union that does leasing.

Main concepts -- what you pay for the car (Cost Basis or Cap Cost)--
    what interest rate you pay (money factor)-- how much value it has when you turn it in (residual)

Realize you are borrowing money and paying interest on the whole purchase price, but you only pay the principle for the difference between the cost basis and the residual.

Example: Z costs 40K, residual is 20k -- to make the
    math easy lets say you do it for 40 months. No down payments, you'll pay 20k/40 or $500 in principle per month,
    plus interest on the $40k (less your principle payment)
    each month.

I'll argue that leasing (and not loosing you shirt)
    is tougher on the average consumer.
    Not only do you have to negotiate a price (the cost basis)
    you have to determine what the residual should be
    (and this information can be hard to find).
    Then you are dealing with terms you are not used to -- like
    money factor, cost basis, cap reduction, etc.

A knowledgeable salesman can fleece you pretty quickly.

Do your home work -- and good luck with it?

An alternative that worked for me was to use LeaseTrader.com
    and get a lightly used take over lease.

I picked up a nice 12k miles Touring Roadster for 24 months
    with 27K miles left ">link titleat $460/mo and was paid $1000 to take it.

Added bonus -- In Texas you don't pay sales tax on lease assumptions -- saved another $2500!

Good Luck,

Mike
    without knowing purchase price (as someone posted elsewhere, carmax already shows them for right around invoice or $100 under), money factor, or residual value, I don't think anyone can give you an accurate number. And since they are just coming out now, you might be one of the first here to find out what those numbers are.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

lots of variables to work out, just not sure how negotiable some of them are. i'm thinking msrp on grand touring coupe 07 with navigation system is about $43K.

tell me, what do you think i can get the cap cost down too, and how high the residual? i'll do some research .. but just curious.

i prefer not to purchase b/c i'm in socal and live on the coast and the toxicity of salty air will take a hit on the car and i don't want to risk that ..
    curious what kind of deal you got
    curious what kind of deal you got
    You're very welcome, coolmarine24.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, veal999, the 2007 350Z has begun to arrive at dealers. If the dealers in your area don't have any yet, I suspect that they will very soon.

I see that you are considering making a $4,500 down payment on a lease of one. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. The main reason that I do so is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment will essentially disappear. You would be better off leasing this car without making any sort of cap cost reduction. Its lease payment will depend upon what the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact car that you are interested in are. I would be happy to use Nissan's actual current lease program to work up a sample lease payment for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    That would be great .. insight would be appreciated. I actually had the dealership order me the car I wanted, just put $1,000 down, refundable, etc.

I'm looking for a black '07 z convertible, grand touring with navigation. I think this will list at 44,500 MSRP. I'm not sure the movement i can get off this price, perhaps 1,000, perhaps nothing. The soft lease calculator at the dealership spitted out a 900 figure and that seemed like crap .. i could go lease a 7 series bmw for that.

tell me based on 44,500, with 3000 down or 4500 down (curious difference), with 12000 mile limit, 3 years. not sure residual, probably 22,000. let me know!
  • porsche2277porsche2277 Member Posts: 2
    $34,300

Carpet front and trunk mat, Splash Guards, Full side airbags
    Kick plates and cargo crap.
  • ned412ned412 Member Posts: 16
    39,740 sticker. 35,000 out the door. Love it.
  • wja_eng_001wja_eng_001 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have been quoted a price of $27,400 for a 2007 base model 350z with the following options, carpet floor mats, trunk mat, cargo convenience package. The dealer claims this is approximately $400 above invoice, can anyone verify that? From what I have seen on the internet, the base invoice is around $26095 for the base 2007s.
    Bottom line, is this a "fair" price?
    According to carsdirect, invoice with those extras comes to $26,881. So he is more like $500 over invoice. Carsdirect also gives me a purchase price of $27,531. So it seems your deal is OK. Not great, just OK. If you like the car, go for it. You may be able to knock of another 1 or 2 or 3 hundred, but only you can decide if it is worth the hassle and legwork to do so.

feedback??
  • mattkeller3mattkeller3 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an '07 last week. I learned to use a site like Edmunds to get dealer quotes and then work from there. I pitted two dealerships against each other and was happy with the results. I went to the showroom of one dealership, and found they had one of the new Solar Orange ones, base model with kick plates, trunk mat and a couple of other small options, so I just had to have it. They said because it's going to be a rare color, they knew they'd get good money for it and didn't want to budge on the price, and wanted to charge me 29,500 or somewhere around there. I went home and did the quote request and found another dealer that had access to one in the exact same specs. We negotiated online via email, and we worked it for 27,100 and free oil changes. I let the original dealership match it, but they had already lost me. It was a fun experience and I learned to use this valuable tool. My car is amazing, and I couldn't justify stepping up from a base when speed and handling is what's most important to me, and the base provides this. The Solar Orange is an amazing color that people just have to see up close. I highly recommend a Z if you understand that you may have to sacrifice some comfort for performance...lot's of performance. Also, let me tell you this. I was with Allstate Insurance and received a quote on the Z for 375 per month! Found a company called Unitrin Direct and I now pay 117 a month, and that's with a suspension and 3 tix. Before you let insurance price you out of a Z, which mine almost did, do your homework and do an online quote for that too. Hope this helps!
  • dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    Can anyone give a rundown of their opinion on the chgs to the new model? How is the extra power and the other revisions? Is it worth upgrading from an 05 model if you get a good trade-in value? I like the chgs such as the extra power and the now 1000 extra revs. At least on paper it all sounds great. Any ideas what the 08 models will be like? Maybe the new 3.7 engine (370Z)? :confuse:
    Hey veal999. I would be happy to use Nissan's current lease program to calculate what your lease payment should be like on this car for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring that has an MSRP of $44,500 and a selling price of $43,500 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $774. While this is a pretty scary monthly payment, it's not nearly as bad as the $900 per month that you were quoted. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you really want to make a $3,000 capitalized cost reduction on the aforementioned lease, it would lower the monthly payment to around $682. A $4,500 down payment would drop it to around $635.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • movistarmovistar Member Posts: 22
    I went to a Nissan dealer and was quoted a price of $31,900 for a 350z touring model. The MSRP was $37,000 with an additional markup of $3999 which was what they claim an adjusted market demand for the vehicle. I wouldn't even think of paying that. It has navigation,auto,xm
    Does that sound like a good deal?
    Also what is the base money factor, and residual value? Thanks!
    why would the idiots have additional markup and then discount it so far below msrp? what a crock.

anyway, is this a brand new '07 with no miles?

according to carsdirect in my area, the msrp is $36,595, invoice is $33,732, and their price is $350 over invoice.

So you were quoted nearly $2k below invoice. I'd say that's a screaming deal if it is all on the up and up. Sounds fishy to me, though.

Its crazy! They have the MSRP listed then they have an additional sticker that adds $3999 for adjusted market value and a few other small things. I'm supposed to be getting a family discount, which is why I'm getting this deal. But yes, its a brand new model '07 no miles. I hope this is the same car its the touring with navigation and leather auto. Does anyone know the money factor and residual?
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    This is the coupe with manual? KBB gives the following figures: $33,325.00 MSRP, Invoice Not Available,
    What consumers are really paying for this vehicle,
    $32,992.00

If you're talking automatic, it's $33,825.00 for MSRP,
    Invoice is $31,329.00, What consumers are really paying for this vehicle is $33,487.00.

(I suspect the "what consumers are actually paying" is a little high.)

This is with no other options at all, and most cars on a dealers lot will have a few options, like cargo nets and aluminum kickplates and so forth. What all is on the car you looked at to bring it up to $37k? Or are you looking at the roadster?

So $31,900 sounds like a deal. If it's the automatic, that's $600 over invoice, a very respectable deal. Why they add AMV is to make you *feel* like you're getting a real screamer of a deal, when in fact you're getting just a plain ol' good deal.

Edited to add: playing around on the KBB site a little more, if you add virtuall *ALL* the goodies, from floor mats to "convenience package" to DVD-based nav. system to XM or Sirius radio, it adds up to an MSRP of around $37,000. So the car you're looking at better be loaded with all that, if the dealer's claim is true about MSRP there.

Otherwise it should be closer to 33,xxx, in which case your deal as described sounds decent.
    MSRP is $37,xxx with DVD,NAV and leather. I was given a quote of $31,900. I wanted to find the money factor and residual.
    Go to the Nissan 350Z: Lease questions topic. You'll probably get a better answer there. It's in the "Prices Paid: Buying and leasing experiences" forum.
    Car man,

MSRP $37,xxx seling price $31,900 what is the current base money factor and residual? If I put down nothing but first payment, what would my payment be?

'07 Nissan 350z touring with leather and NAV. Thanks
    Hi movistar. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 350Z Touring Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00295 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • imgigabitimgigabit Member Posts: 6
    07 Touring w/auto and Got an offer of $31300 + TTL. Like to know if this is good. Thanks
    What's list price?

Have you checked the true market value feature on the Edmunds home page?
  • imgigabitimgigabit Member Posts: 6
    You mean dealer invoice? It is 31,150. TMV from Edmunds is 32849.
    That would indicate that $31,300 is a pretty decent price then. You're under the Edmunds' TMV by a bit, and just slightly over invoice. For an '07, I'd say that's great. If you want it, jump on it.
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    California Dealer
    07 350Z Roadster (Ragtop)
    Carbon Silver with Frost

MSRP: $38,865

Selling Price: $36,250 (Invoice of $35,929)
    $321.00 OVER Invoice

51% residual = $19,821
    36 Months
    15K/yr
    MF of .02020

Trade In "credit" of $3,859.00 - this will be my "out of pocket"/drive off and includes $595 acquisition fee and 1st mo payment (Therefore, I will not have to open the checkbook)

ADJUSTED CAP COST: $32,987

Base payment of $472.37 + 7.25% taxes ($34.25) = $506.62

Paperwork has been signed but I have not yet "rolled" the car or "burned gas"

Should I re-negotiate or is this a good deal?

Thankx

SKIP
  • dadszdadsz Member Posts: 14
    Got the last one at the dealer in Annapolis. Silverstone with black top, mats, wheel locks, out the door for $32,600 + TTL. MSRP was $38,675, car had 98 miles on it. Edmunds TMV for a certified used 2006 with 0 miles was $34,125 and Dealer TMV price was $32,889. I figured the certified used was the closest comparison point with the Dealer TMV price as the floor. So, I am a happy roadster today...
This discussion has been closed.