Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Looking to lease an 07 leftover 31,800 including destination in NC. What should I be looking at for a 36month lease with 0 down? Plus I have heard that Z's arent good to lease, but I dont want to purchase one with the 09 coming out. I figure by late '10 they show have all the bugs worked out of them.
  • Hey guys,

I just wanted to get your opinion. I recently bought a 2004 Enthusiasts with 39K for 18.5k out the door. Did i get a good deal?

Would appreciate your opinions.
  • Hi codek. If I was in the market for a Nissan 350Z and I wanted to get a 2008 model, I probably would pay cash for or finance it. Nissan is not currently providing any lease support on the '08 350Z. On the other hand, if I was willing to go with a leftover 2007 model I would consider leasing it. Nissan is currently providing a special $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '07 350Z Coupe and $2,500 on leases of the '07 350Z Convertible through its captive finance company. If you finance this car through an independent bank or pay cash for it, you cannot take advantage of this incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi fabcas311. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings talk2marvin. Is $31,800 this car's MSRP or is it the selling price that you were quoted for it? You definitely should be able to negotiate a pretty good discount on this car right now. Not only are dealers going to want to unload their leftover 2007 models to make room for new '08s, but Nissan is actually providing a cash incentive on leases of it. Specifically, it is providing a total of $1,500 ($1,000 lease cash + $500 bonus cash) on leases of the 2007 350Z Coupe and $2,500 on the '07 350Z Convertible through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.

Let me know what this car's MSRP and approximate selling price are, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price, and I will be happy to use Nissan's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,217
    sounds good to me, but out-the-door means nothing to me since I don't know what your taxes were, motor vehicle fees, etc.
    The actual purchase price minus all the other stuff would be easier to judge.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• MSRP: $33,825
    Invoice: $31,379
    Dont know if I should only do either 15K for 2 years or 12 for 3 years since the bumper to bumper is 36K miles? Opinions car_man?
  • Hi Car Man..Maybe you can kill two birds with this one...lol.

I am in the exact same boat and I have exactly the same Question as talk2marvin...I'm Looking to lease a 2007 350Z Coupe - Touring with an MSRP of 33,840. and an Invoice of 31,291. I don't want to put money down If I can help it.
    I might caveat this by saying this will be my first time to really research a car purchase like never before, and am hoping that I can get into a sweet deal on a great car. Hope you can bear with my barrage of questions.

It seems to be my assumption based on what I have read, that I want to negotiate the sales price of the car before I work out the lease numbers. Is this the right thing to do? This seems to be nearly impossible, the way dealers load their questioning with the typical barrage of, "Where do you want to be?"..etc....

Other factors and questions to this are:
    1. My local dealer does not have the model I want, being the end of the year.
    So do I:
    A. Go to a dealer with current stock of what I want.
    B. Ask him to "Go Get" me what I want.
    (Will he charge me for this / Sneek in an additional destination charge? or should this be his Cost of Doing Business to gain me as a customer or lose the sale?)

2. Will it help or Hurt me in telling/showing my salesman a printed TMV form from edmunds or elsewhere. What would/ should his response be to that?

3. What to do about taxes? Should they be worked into the Lease or should I pay them upfront. Some dealers are asking me what do I want to do in terms of taxes.

4. I am comming out of a lease in Jan from another manufacturer...So far Nissan dealers have not asked to "pick-up" my final two payments as others dealers have done.
    Is there a way to "not get stuck" paying two lease payments in order to jump on the chance to get an '07 leftover deal.

5. Does dealer Invoice truly mean that is what the dealer paid for the vehicle?
    How does this question apply to the smaller dealers vs. the SUPER MEGA AUTOMALLS?

6. Is it Unreasonable to ask to pay invoice price or "close to it" or even "below it" on an '07 leftover in Dec '07 on a "non-luxury brand"?

7. Should I insist on knowing the Money Factor for the lease?

Thanks sooo much...hope that wasn't too lengthy.. ;)
  • Can anyone answer the last two Posts :confuse:
  • Also some more information now on this car. Lease is for 12,000 Mi/yr
    MSRP of 35,510 Invoice of 32,481 as it has the 18" chome wheels.

Looking to see what the best deal should be on this lease.
    what is the Current Money factor and Residual Value on this car.
    for 36 or 48 months based on 12,000 mi/yr

The advertised lease deal is not a deal at all but more like an example...I have already gotten better pricing without haggling yet.
  • ssxrnrssxrnr Posts: 1
    I have a deal on a 2005 GT Roadster, Chrome Silver with 20K miles. The car will be around $23.5K before taxes and licensing fees are taken care of??
  • Good deal to me. PPW in touring non-automatic for me for that price I wouldnt hesitate. People tend to overrate what the cars are worth especially private party. With 2006 I worry about oil consumption, but I think they look better than the 05's which are regarded as the best reliability wise of the used ones.
  • thanks marvin. so far, oil consumption hasn't been an issue. i've only changed the oil once. we'll see the 2nd time around. i only use mobil 1 synthetic with a k&n performance filter. the hp difference is negligible btwn th e05 and 06 but the 06 stock rims are beautiful to me. mind you, i'm a girl and not into riceing or modding much.
  • I just bought a 350Z touring no navigation carbon silver what a car.I drove 65 miles to find and buy this car.I drove down in my MDX had my wife drive it back I took the Z what an experience couldn't be happier extreme power paid $34,860.00 OTD it seemed like a good deal because it was very difficult to even find a car dealer who had any.I bought this car at east windsor nissan in New Jersey salesman Anthony was great no pressure at all the car sold itself after the test drive.One other thing I have driven some nice fast cars in my day 1958 & 1961 corvette 1969 xke jag but I swear getting on interstate 95 I was doing 75 mph in about 4 seconds and this is a automatic.I hope the price helps someone make up there mind.
    Artie
  • I'm looking at 2 different 350z's. Both are solar orange. One is a 6-speed base model (MSRP 29,365) the other is an automatic touring model with side curtain airbags (MSRP 35,285). I haven't decided which one I want to go with, but I was wondering what I should expect to pay for each model.
  • sc24sc24 Posts: 6
    I just bought a used 03' touring edition, amazing machine the 350Z is. I bought it from an Acura dealership, a few days ago i was looking at the exhaust pipes and i notice the right pipe is extended a little further than the left pipe i mean at first i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me then i had my friend look and he said the same thing, is it suppose to be like that? b/c before i bought my Z i saw a Z parked and i was checking it out and i noticed it on that Z too, so can anyone tell me are the pipes suppose to be like that? i was shown the carfacts report and my Z hasnt been in any accidents or had any problems whatsoever

if anyone can let me know that would be great!
  • chefzchefz Posts: 1
    Hey artie i just bought in january a 2008 350ztouring in pikes peak white with black leather. Its a sweet as ride just like yours. I got mine in florida. wanted a 6speed but told me that one was not availble had to be built 6-8 weeks. saw the white won test drove it and came home with it was 36,500. not alot of color choices in fla either. whats on the lots is what they have. enjoy it i do!!
  • tucatuca Posts: 2
    hey guys. new to the forum.
    i got an offer for '08 350z enth. with auto
    msrp$31,950
    due at sign $2000(include first pay, bank fee, doc fee and etc..)
    12k/ yr
    39 month lease
    after tax $492/month

i am in NY.

is this pretty good deal?
  • cuco1cuco1 Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Here is a new lease from a Nissan Dealer in the Dallas, TX area.

2008 350Z Touring Convertible.

Options: 18" Chrome Wheels, Nugaro Red, Aluminum Kick Plates.

MSRP of $42580 ... Invoice price of $39075 ... TMV of $40288

I got the vehicle at $40042.

The Gross Capt Cost (Service contract, Title, Registration, Acquisition Fee) at
    $41567

Cap Cost Reduction of $3500 .... I know I shouldn't be putting money down on a lease, but this car is for my wife. It allowed me to reduce her monthly payment ... to reduce the monthly pain for her

Adjusted Cap Cost ($41567 - $3500) at $38067

Residual at $22488

39 month lease at 12K miles per year.

Rent Charge of $2739

Money Factor = (Rent Charge / 39) / (Adjusted Cap Cost + Residual) = 0.001160

0.001160 * 2400 = 2.78%

Monthly Lease = $470

Any comments?

Thanks for all the great information provided by this site. It greatly helped me to understand the leasing process.
  • hey artie I am so glad to hear you love your z car. I am looking for a z base moddle coop or convertabal think I can get a bit of money off one since we are near the end of the Munth auto would be fine maby stick if I can get it a bit cheeper. I will not be driving this car I am leaguly blind will just take it to car shows wont be putting mor then 3000 or so miles per Year. The rest of the time It will be sitting in the Garage covered up nice and clean. Maby IF I can find a used one that was Takin cair of real good with a clean car fax and lo miles I can get a grate deal if so I dont want to spend mor then $15000 on a used one what do you think artie pleas get back to me when you can and let me no and if anyone elce just browsing who happens to stop bye pleas comment and let me no any feed back is fine. thankyou so mutch for reading.
  • carfr3akcarfr3ak Posts: 2
    It's probably more because you didn't debrief your wife about the basics of buying a car before you took her there.

NEVER, EVER let the salesman, I don't care how nice he seems, know that you love the car.

I was surprised he even budged at all, your wife already showed that she loves the car, youre the husband who has to make her happy. You see the kind of upper hand you just gave to the salesman? There is no reason for him to budge, because you will buy that car one way or another, and he knows this now.

You live and you learn, I suggest you try finding out another dealership that has that car, and try again.
  • doodjsdoodjs Posts: 2
    Hi ,
    I am really interested in buying 2003 300z in houston .
    I am getting a deal with dealer for 13k . Its automatic with 82k miles?
    Is this car worth it? I am a student . So are there any issues in the car if i hv it for 1 yr.
  • Hi guys, Hope everyone is doing well. I currently have an 05 350z touring leased which I Have to return sometime this weekend. I am thinking about getting the same thing just 08.

I hope someone can help me here with the numbers for August.
    I need the following:
    Residual percentage on 08 Manual Touring on a 24 month lease with 12k and 15k and the percentage as well on a 36 month lease with 12k and 15k. Also the Money Factor.

If it is not too much to ask I would also like the same for the Grand Touring =).

Thanks a lot =)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bajapanty350z. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 350Z Coupe Touring with a manual transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00165 and 55%.

The money factors for the '08 350Z Coupe Grand Touring are exactly the same, but its residual values are 62% for 24 months and 53% for 36 months.

NMAC's residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • hey my name is Marco I will try to help you out. that price for the 350z is a grate price but the Milage is high not a bad car dont think there is any noen problems will look for you did not see any can anyone elce on this bord help Hijm out with any noen problems. if I wher you would try to find one with lower miles but you would be paying a bit mor let us no what happens if you get this car or if you get a Nother 350z. ps what color is this one you are looking at good luck. thankyou for reading Marco.
  • Car_man you are the best =) thanks a lot for the help I ll post again if I end up getting another z =)
    Thanks again
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, bajapanty350z.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey did you ever bye that 2003 Nissan 350z if so pleas let us no thanks so mutch marco thanks for reading.
  • To determine fair prices for cars, i used Edmunds.com. It is a great site with reviews by owners and "experts".

I'm wary of KBB the prices are usually higher. It's as though it's written by the dealers themselves as the one accurate source of vehicle values.

Also, Carfax is a very worthwhile tool to determine production dates/in-service dates/#of owners/mileages/where the vehicles lived...et;al.

I do not work for any of the above, just have bought several cars in past 50 yrs.
  • zman16zman16 Posts: 19
    Hi Car_Man,

I have been reading this forum for years and have gained a lot of useful info. Thank you for all of your hard work!
    I have received quotes of 1,000 - 1500 below invoice on a base coupe 6sp. I did not see any incentives on the Nissan website but the low quotes may be due to the fact that I am in Mass and the snow is only a matter of time.

Do you have the MF and residual values for October on the 08 base and touring 6sp coupes? 12k/mo 36 and 24 mos
    Do you think the incentives will improve in New england if I wait another month or so?

Thanks in advance for your help!