Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 400h and 450h

1636465666769»

Comments

• wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    4WD version..??

The RXh and the HH are the ONLY vehicles of which I am aware that have FULL-TIME 4WD capability. Independently "driven" front and rear axles eliminate the driveline windup "problem" with all the PART-TIME AWD/4WD and F/awd or R/awd out there in the marketplace.

So all that is left for the RXh and HH to overcome is tire-scrubbing.

TIRE-SCRUBBING...??
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    The only possible ill effects might be mutant DNA within the next hundred years or so.
  • fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Posts: 58
    edited May 2012
    Does anyone have any news on when the 2013 450 will be released. Also; what changes, if any - like a driver seat that is designed for men to sit in, not just women; there is no thigh support to speak of and forget about lateral support. Does anyone here have the thigh extender option on their RX?
  • nerdoenerdoe Posts: 1
    Need some advice/opinion on this. I currently own an 2012 Acura MDX fully loaded and have had it for about a year. Was looking at trading it in and getting a 2013 Lexus RX 450h. Reason being is because over the year that I have owned the vehicle a lot of miles have been put on it. My wife does a lot of driving (it being our only vehicle) taking our son places and running her own errands.

While I love the MDX I was thinking that maybe it would be better in the long run to trade it in for the Lexus. Besides the obvious boost in mpg wanted to get an opinion from people on if this would be a good idea as well as people who own a Lexus 450h and their experience with the car. The car would mostly be used my wife who would be driving it in most suburban areas as well as city. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area and do most of the driving in that area.

I've read that people haven't been getting the estimated MPG that Lexus says that you should be getting and wanted to get know if that is a universal thing. Hope that this makes sense and look forward to hearing the responses. Thanks for reading.
  • bobbingtonbobbington Posts: 1

I don't own this vehicle but based on the complaints with the cost of repairs, I would stay away from this hybrid. Who has $10, 000 to replace an inverter? It has had 5 recalls, my 99 Lincoln has had none, you do the math. Stick with the gas motor.