Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Titan Prices Paid

Comments

• jjacurajjacura Member Posts: 807
    This forum has a great host. Hope you all appreciate her!
  • jeffbondjeffbond Member Posts: 16
    Well i think i am going to follow the census here and place an offer/order for my Titan 2005 KC-LE Galaxy Black/Steel Int. with running boards & Rubber Floor mats for $28,550 with a MSRP of $33,508 and see what happens.
  • hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    jeffbond:
    If the MSRP on the KC-LE is $33,508, why not just get a CC? Resale value on a CC is far better than the KC.
  • jeffbondjeffbond Member Posts: 16
    I need the 6-1/2 foot box for work. I haul a lot of 10 foot+++ long stuff and the extra shorty box is a potential DOT problem. I.E. oversize load.
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    tvs are negotiable too! when i bought my 50" LCD Flat screen projection, i was able to get them to give me a $200 gift card and the special interest rate (that didnt apply to my tv) plus discount the Monster power adapted they wanted me to buy. its there if you try ;-)

anyways, i look forward to hearing how you fair on your truck deal - good luck!

-thene
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    Thene, you grind on the tv guy & give me lectures on why I should't grind on you car salesmen.

Thene, I'm just joking a little with you & I do appreciate your input in this forum.

I have not made the Titan purchase yet I'm gettng very cold feet but I don't know why I think they are getting right with me on the price.
    MSRP 33800
    dealer offer 28893 no fees
    Your buddy, Keith
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    Sounds to me like they basically accepted your 28100 offer but not the "no fees" part. The 28893 adds the fees, then they say "no fees" to indicate this is your price. If you want the truck you should just offer to split the difference, but if I was spending 30K (ish) on a rig I'd probably have cold feet too. Hopefully it has a good heater in it. ;-D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • si88si88 Member Posts: 39
    I would start at invoice before the $1500 rebate. You should be able to negotiate that because of the many Titans with fewer options out there, but watch out because they might try to make up for it by giving less for your trade in.

I negotiated a deal here in the New Orleans area for just over invoice without the rebate since I would opt for the 2% finance. But it was a LE almost fully loaded.

Good Luck and lets us here how it gooes in Shreveport/Dallas.
    What options did you get on your truck? And why no sales tax? Was it an out of state deal, because then now you will owe that tax in your state. And what did you pay?

I've been on the lookout for a LE CC with the NAV, Big Tow, Bench seats, Side Air Bags and they are hard to find without the DVD option already added.
    hey! considering i get people grinding me daily on the price, i have a right to go grind others for price! Heck, im gonna go to the grocery store today and see if i can bring them down on the price of milk! "you buy this milk fo $1 a gallon! i wanna pay $.75 - are there any rebates?"

just kidding ;-) i hope all works out well for you! see if you can split the difference with them. tell them you want to do $28400. see what they say to that!

keep us posted!

-thene
    The truck is:

05 Titan CC Red Alert (yes it's on their lot)
    Big tow
    Leather capt. chairs
    under seat storage bin
    Floor mats
    Sliding bed extender & spray in bed liner
    MSRP $33800
    My offer $28400 after rebate
    their best offer $28893 no other fees

Here in Oklahoma we have excise tax, about $1000 on this truck. You pay it when you do the tag and title.

I have tried to meet them in the middle but they do not want to move on the price any more. According to Thene the invoice is $28400. I asked them to show me the invoice & they fumbled around looking for it & then said oh the truck is too new & we don't have it. Now I was born at night but not last night. I was ready to do the deal here I am at $28400 After rebate I'm putting down about $8000 - $9000 down & we can't reach an agreement. Not to brag but my credit rating is pretty high 790 the last time I checked. I tried to get them to find me an APR of 3.99, My credit union is offering 4.49 APR. I think if I was selling the truck & I had a customer at $28400 & I was at $28893 I could sell that truck. At this point I think they are setting back thinking to themselves we've got this sold & we will wait until he comes up to our price, the best I can figure they will make
    about $1385 (including holdback) at the price they are asking. I feel like $1000 is fair & like I said in other posts I don't have a problem with them making a good living. Thene, please help me out am I being unreasonable?

Just a note: I believe to get yourself the best deal you must take your time & don't seem to eager. Years ago I looked for a truck for a year before I bought one.

thanks, Keith
    keith,

remind me again - is this an LE Crew Cab? and is it a 4x4? Before I knew the equipment on the truck, i just ran any titan that came out to the MSRP you are saying (33800) and came up with the invoice price. (regardless of vehicle, invoice is about the same percentage from MSRP) but i am running an LE Crew Cab 4x4 now with the equipment you are looking for, and i have a much higher msrp. let me know so i can help ya out!

-thene
    never mind - i realized you are looking at 4x2. invoice should be around what i said it was then. are there any other dealers in your area that have the same truck? you could always tell the dealership that you have contact other dealers and have gotten your price, but wanted to give them the last shot since you worked with them and they have it. for ha has, send an email out to other area dealers with what you are looking for, equipment, and your price offer, and tell them the first to accept gets your business. thats another way to do it. good luck! if this guy is the only one around with the truck, he may try and get every penny he can.

-thene
    Thene, thanks for your fast response.

The truck is 4x2 & LE red alert.
    Vin# 1N6AA07A65N53747728500
    yes only red alert one here in okc with similar options.
    there are some black ones which I was originally interested in until I saw a red one.

thanks, Keith
    Thene, I know you probably can't tell me but I'll ask anyway. Do you know if the Nissan Titan rebate is going to change & if so to what?

thanks again, Keith
    keith,

you could go in there with a checkbook, put it down in front of the manager and say "$28400 plus tax, reg, doc and i write this out to you today" see if that does anything. if they still dont budge, and its the only truck out there, then you either have to pick another truck more readily available, or pay what they are offering you to get what you want. by no means is what they are offering a bad deal - but they do have the upper hand in this deal because its the only truck out there like it. good luck to you, let me know how it goes!

-thene
  • hvanhvan Member Posts: 56
    Hold firm to your offer. By month end, he'll be kissing up to your [non-permissible content removed]. The dealer has MORE to lose than the consumers.
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    I think you have the right attitude about it. Reasonable yet resolved! This is not the only truck out there and it is not a live-or-die decision. You'll keep the upper hand with the attitude you have. They should be able to do the $28400 or you can get a different truck (and maybe elsewhere) at some other time. Obviously it is not being oogled and fought over every day because it is still sitting there after how many days/weeks of posts here about it? $489 may not be much when compared to $28400, but it is still $489!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    What's the build date of that LE? AGain, hold firm to your offer. I don't think it's unreasonable at all. It's much difficult for the dealer to sell a fully loaded truck then a strip down XE CC. The LE will be sitting at the dealer's lot with inventory carrying cost being stucked out of their cash reserve.

It's a game of poker. Who will blink first?........
    Thanks hvan & xwesx, it's not really about the $489 dollars more. Probably just a few dollars on the payment. For me it is about not giving in and compromising my original target price. Even though I have to admit this process has been very educational for me. Thene has been very helpful to me & I appreciate his posts. When I do buy & it could be as soon as tomorrow, I will give these guys a chance since they have spent some time with me (test drive) & so far they have got closer on the price than anyone else.

This may sound really stupid but if these guys would have met me in the middle at $28600 I would already be driving the thing. I think according to Thene invoice is $28400 & if I paid $28600 they would make holdback ($852+$200) I thought this would be a fair deal for everyone.

Another thing I am determined to avoid is the FEEL of the WHEEL will seal the deal!

It's not that I'm in dire need of another car since I currently have five vehicles & what I drive as my daily right now is a 98 F-150 with 65,000 Miles on it & running fine/ more pep than the new F-150.

thanks for your input guys, Keith
    Hvan, I don't remember the exact build date but I do know it is a very recently built truck. I am thinking 3/05 I could be wrong. They just recieved it about a week ago.

Keith
  • amdude12690amdude12690 Member Posts: 1
    Do any of you know what the MSRP would be for a fully loaded Nissan Titan LE 4x4. I want everything in it!

Thanks
    whoa amdude, if you want it all I think I've seen some $42000 MSRP out there. I will tell you how to find out, go to the nissanusa.com website and do your own Titan build. They will tell you your exact MSRP and then you can then do a dealer locate and find that vehicle or something close.

Keith
  • jdkx2jdkx2 Member Posts: 10
    Nissan offered a tax credit on the truck. I have seen a number of others who have posted the same experience. It made a big difference in the total cost.
    Just was wondering if anyone has heard the latest incentives yet. :D Last month it was $1500 rebate or 2% financing.
    My salesmen I am currently working with E-mailed me and told me the incentives are the same. I would like to hear more about the tax credit mentioned in message #394.

Keith
  • blazinggunzblazinggunz Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone else have a hard time finding a Titan with all the options that they want? I talked to a local dealer (local being 45 minutes away) and he said that all of the options need to be factory installed and that they would help locate a vehicle. I am flexible on the color, but I didn't think a KingSE with Big Tow, Off Road, Rockford Fosgate, XM radio and some kind of bedliner (either the utility bed package or bedliner) would be that uncommon. It's really hard to find one with the Rockford Fosgate/XM setup. I would just install my own stereo but the wifey would not like that too much (says it looks too high schoolish). Any suggestions?
    keith,

any news on the titan? sorry about not getting back to you on rebate. Nissan doesnt let us know on those any sooner than you get to find out. it looks like the incentives have gone up on the king cab - $2000 back. $1500 back on the crew cabs. i guess those seem to be more popular! They still wont budge on their price? that seems pretty messed up. usually dealers will go ahead and split the difference - especially for something as small as $200 bucks. have you tried speaking directly to the manager? if you haven't, give that a shot.

btw, i am a she, not a he ;-)

best of luck! keep us posted!

-thene
    blazinggunz,

you should be able to get a titan without the XM and have it dealer installed later. that will make the process easier, but may cost you a bit more (dealer install always costs more than factory install) and it wont look like a "high schooler" did it. it doesnt seem like you are looking for a weird truck - sounds pretty standard to me! good luck!

-thene
    I don't know why but I just assumed you were a guy. I'm so Sorry please forgive me. No, I haven't bought one yet even though we are so close on price.

his offer $28893
    my offer $28400

thank you, Keith
    no worries! ;) its tough to tell over the internet! have you tried going directly to the sales manager? sometimes you may get better luck that way. again, bring your checkbook, put it in front of the manager, and say "i take that truck TODAY for $28400 plus tax, reg, and doc." then look down at your checkbook and ask him who you should make the check out to. see what he says then!

good luck!

-thene
    I'll try it.

thanks, Keith
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    some posts have been deleted as profane or rude member IDs are not permitted.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    So whats with the tax credit? Certain States? :confuse:
    give us an update - any luck on your titan! i've been wonderin' but i haven't seen you post (or anyone else for that matter) on here in a while. let us know how you are making out :-)

-thene
    Hello Thene, I drove over on Sunday to check out the Titan. The dealer was closed as they are required by law in this state (oklahoma). They still have the truck but it had a note on the dash that said SOLD. I may have let this one slip by but I do that sometimes to try to find what their real bottom dollar is. I am not in a huge hurry to buy even though I was ready. If they would have come back with an offer of $28700 I would be driving it today. I originally set a target price of $5000 off MSRP and they missed it by $93. In your previous post you had said invoice was $28400 and that was my highest offer but apparently they didn't need the business that bad. I realize it's about supply and demand. I am loyal to the people that spend their time to help me so I will definitely give this dealer a chance in the near future. The dealer made their best offer and here it is.

2005 Crew Cab LE Red Alert 4x2

MSRP $33800
    their best offer $28893
    my best offer $28400

Thene, I have noticed if I do a dealer search in Texas their MSRP is about shown as $150 -$200 cheaper. I am wondering why?

thanks, Keith
    it may be they have older titans in stock? i am not completely sure - we'll find a few discrepancies in MSRP up here too - but that is because nissan will raise the price at random points - and we'll have two of the same cars, with a price difference of $150. who knows!

keep us posted :-)
  • kamran1kamran1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am new on this board and I'd like to thank the host and all the contributors for their posts and info provided here. (already browsed almost all the messages).
    I am planning to purchase a crew cab SE 4x4 (like to have leather, tow package and bedliner, but I could add them later) or a naked LE if reasonably priced. I am in bay area, CA and so far have had a few quotes over internet. Quotes I get so far are all in the range of 27000 and 27400$ invoice (after rebate and everything) for a SE. Is this the best I can do?
    There was also a SE with popular package and fosgate stereo,2004 and around 500 miles on the odometer (demo?). The dealer said there was some damage to the front bumper from moving cars in the lot and they had to replace that too :confuse: . Anyhow the color is not even what I like but the price on this one was 24500 after rebate.
  • stoneybrokestoneybroke Member Posts: 83
    I've decided on a titan LE Kingcab. I'm wondering if I should wait until August or September to buy. My current truck, T-100, has lasted 10 years, so model year means nothing to me. Does anyone recall what the Titan rebates were last fall on the 04 model?
  • djacks01djacks01 Member Posts: 1
    I don't remember what the rebates were last fall but I got my 04 Titan SE king cab w/offroad pakage, big tow, and all the utility track options(sliding bed extender, sliding basket, four cleats, bed divider...) in December 2004. The MSRP was $31k and change, I got it for $23k. I would suggest waiting if you are in no hurry and not particular about the color.
  • tsilvatsilva Member Posts: 2
    Just a thought, check out CarsDirect.com
    2005 Nissan Titan 4x2 King Cab XE
    (Click to enlarge)Click here to find out more!
    MSRP Price: $23,470
    Invoice Price: $21,280
    CarsDirect Price: $19,405
    Pricing as of 04/20/05 in zip code 95355
    We Have Great Low Rates!
    on loans, leases, and factory incentives.
    Learn more

Got a trade-in?
    Got Bad Credit?

Optional: Select options & colors
    Select Options
    Select Colors
    Save this car
    Snapshot
    Specs
    Reviews
    Safety
    Photos
    Compare
    Competitors

Incentives & Rebates
    240288-88
    Customer Rebate Expires 05/02/05
    ($2,000)
    Powertrain
    STDEN-02
    Engine: 5.6L V8 DOHC SMPI
    8-cylinder engine with 5.6-liter displacement, dual overhead cam valvetrain, sequential multi-port injection
    STD
    STDTN-01
    Transmission: 5 Speed IK Automatic
    STD
    Option Groups
    R01-02
    Traction Package
    $260
    W02-01
    XE Preferred Package
    $564
    S01-01
    Side-Air Bag Package
    $738
    Wheels and Tires
    STDTR-01
    Tires: P245/75R17 BSW
    Heavy Duty tires with 245mm width, 17.0" rim
    STD
    STDWL-01
    Wheels: 17 in. x 7.5J Styled Steel
    STD
    Seats and Seat Trim
    K01-01
    40/20/40 Front Split Bench Seat
    STD
    STDTM-01
    XE-Type Cloth Seat Surface
    STD
    Audio
    STDRD-01
    Radio: AM/FM/CD-1 (2 Din)
    STD
    NONRD-01
    Radio: Mid-Grade Audio w/6-Disc CD
    N/C
    A96-01
    XM Satellite Radio
    $347
    A97-01
    SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    $347
    Other Options
    STDAX-01
    2.937 Axle Ratio
    STD
    STDGV-01
    Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 6,486 lbs
    STD
    PAINT-01
    Monotone Paint Application
    STD
    H97-01
    Tonneau Cover
    $991
    M01-02
    Spray-In Bedliner
    $391
    M97-01
    Bedliner
    $188
    X95-01
    Non-Sliding Bed Extender
    $171
    N94-01
    Under Seat Storage Bin
    $103
    L92-01
    Floor Mats
    $82
    C03-01
    50 State Emissions
    N/C
    Regionals
    B95-01
    Splashguards
    $78
    Destination Charge
    cddest-01
    Manufacturer's Destination Charge
    $670
    Option prices are for manufacturer-installed options and may vary for dealer-installed options.
  • flabruceflabruce Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a titan at Earnhart's in Mesa AZ . It was advertised for $16999. They charged an extra $295 for the title work and tried to get me to get the $200 VTR (Vehicle Theft registration). Total price out the door tax, tag and registration was $19015. The list
    was 23800 so that's about $6500 off list. They had 3 or 4 at this price in various colors.
  • titanenvytitanenvy Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone and the information on this website. I am looking to buy a titan, most likely a SE with off road and bedliner. My wife through her company gets a deal with nissan for invoice - 3%. Is it worth trying to negotiate or should I just go with it and enjoy the no haggle factor?
    enjoy the no haggle factor - vpp pricing is already into holdback - if you haggle, maybe you save another 200 bucks. (maybe). if you are happy with the price - take it and keep the stuff no one likes to deal with out of it :-)

good luck!

-thene
  • swoolioswoolio Member Posts: 2
    Did I get a great deal or is this about average?

Titan LE Crew
    MSRP $36,180
    Quote $30,900
    "Out the Door" after Title, Tax (VA 3%), and Fees =
    $32,397.27
    is this an 04 or 05?
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    You can get that price at carmax fairly easily. I think you got a good deal, perhaps not a great deal. You need to provide more detail - like year, all the options, etc. Pretty hard to judge just based on MSRP, but iIf you're happy though, you got a great deal!

I would've pounced on a titan by now but the bed is just too small. Another foot or so and I'd give up my superduty. Does anyone know if they will ever build a Titan with a bigger bed? I wonder if other potential customers beef about this.

I also wish I could find a thenebean around these parts. Sounds like someone it would be joy to do business with!
    jhs70,

thanks for the kind words! im sure there are some really nice people around your neck of the woods (wherever that may be). i suggest trying a local family owned dealership, instead of a really huge mega dealer. you tend to find some nice people there! you may not get the lowest price ever known to man, but you'll get a great buying experience and great service. after all, a deal isn't done once you sign the paperwork - its about how you are treated after the sale as well! get to know some of your local dealers, and you'll find that they'll bend over backwards to help someone who is loyal to them! (loyalty is tough in this day and age!)

as far as a longer truck bed on the Titan - it could be possible, though i haven't heard of anything positive yet. i do know that when nissan released the titan, they wanted to get the most popular configurations out to the public, with the possiblity of more configurations down the road, depending on how they do. it may be a few years before you see anything different (maybe the next redesign). the king cab has a pretty long bed...plus with the bed extender, it would help!

-thene
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    You are welcome. (I'm in Northern VA).

Yes, I think I read somewhere also that they might configure a longer bed. The bed on my truck is 8' and it's big enough for all my needs. I just can't be bothered by those smaller beds. There's nothing worse than trying to cram a load of something into a bed that's too small and then you have to tie it down or cover it up or whatever. I don't care for bed extenders. Had one on a 150 and it was just plain silly.

My perfect Titan would be a CC with at least the 6.5 ft bed. Maybe if I start softening up the Mrs now, she won't beef too much by the time Nissan comes out with it!! You think? By the way, I understand you're from CT -- where 'bouts? My wife is from Stratford. Maybe you can't say on this board ..... I can understand.

My last two purchases were not from the family owned stores, but I did find a pretty comfortable arrangement with a mega dealer. In fact, when I took by beast in for servicing just a couple of weeks ago, I went into the showroom just to sniff around. The guy that sold me the truck was there. I recognized him straight away (not so hard to do!). But he blew me away when he came up to me and said "good morning mr. XXX". That just wiped me out. How did he remember my name????? Hadn't seen him in a year! My cynical side thought maybe they get a list of people due in from the service dept. because you never know if they'lll wander into the showroom (like I did). But still ........very impressive! Is that a trick of the trade, or what?

Take care.
    i am from CT - live in central CT (just south of hartford) and my dealership is about 20 minutes north of hartford. stratford is the southern part of the state near nyc.

i try to remember all of my customers names, but i cant always remember everyones name. i do remember their faces, and if i think hard enough, i can usually think of it. but there are some people (maybe who i spent more time with or were a more memorable experience) that i do remember names to.

i remember when i bought my car, i went back a month later to get my oil change, and the salesperson i had didn't recognize me! and i had bought a bright yellow car, and wore bright yellow pants the night i picked it up! (i like yellow!)

go figure!

-thene