Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Nissan Titan Prices Paid

Comments

• bsimcoxbsimcox Member Posts: 4
    The Nissan dealers in my area seem to have a surplus of '05 Titans sitting around. Has anyone had any luck getting a really great deal on one of these '05 models? I just can't help wondering why there are so many left. Are the dealers holding out for some reason? Should I hold out until first of the new year? Thanks for the help! -Bill
  • idahoff516idahoff516 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this board, but I was hoping that some of you have some advice for me.
    I am looking for a '04 or '05 Titan with low to no miles on it. I am curious about when to buy, the dealers seem to be having good deals on the 05's trying to get them out the door right now. But should I wait until after the new year? Is there an advantage to this?
    Anyway, just wondering when the best time to buy would be. Thanks.
  • accumacaccumac Member Posts: 16
    I always try to buy near the end of the year, the dealers want to move out the old inventory. I would recommend looking at Carmax website, White Marsh, MD is a Carmax with a Nissan Franchise. The price of their trucks is posted and not negotiable any further. I just copied their price of the truck I wanted to buy and let my local dealers match it or not, then I let them match or beat the trade value. Fortunately for me my local dealer did match the Carmax price then beat the trade value. There is a $2,000 rebate on the '06, there was a $3000. rebate on the '05 before Dec. 1, I don't know what it is now. This is a great way to cut the bull out of the dealing. (One of the dealers I worked with could not match the Carmax price,$1,300 higher, so I know it is darn close to as good of a deal available at the time that I was going to get). So far I am very pleased with the improvements of the '06 LE 4x4 Titan over the '04 Titan that I traded. I especially love the new hydraulic assisted tailgate.
  • tbostontboston Member Posts: 1
    Did you get a good deal on a leftover '05 Titan? I'm looking at picking up an '05 Titan Crew SE and hoping to get a great deal. I don't NEED it but would love to get one and trade in my '01 Pathfinder if I can get the right deal. Thanks - Tom
  • bill_viverettebill_viverette Member Posts: 2
    I've gotten 4 quotes for a 2006 SE King Cab with Tow and Traction Package (and the ubiquitous SE "Popular" Package). They range from 19.3% to 22.6% off MSRP. Basically invoice to invoice-$300 less current rebate of $2750.

Bill
    Houston, TX
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    FWIW, last Sept. I got my 05 KC LE for around $85xx off msrp, which I thought was a very generous deal at the time. Good 'ol non-negotiable CARMAX was only offering around $7200 off MSRP at the time, and no other Nissan dealer would get close to that price for this truck. Maybe I got lucky. Who knows? I don't have the numbers in front of me, and I'm old, so I can't exactly recall what they were, but if memory serves, that was very close to 23-24% off MSRP. I think the MSRP was $36xxx, give or take.. So I would say that I think you're getting a pretty good deal with what you already have....but

Know what I'd do for grins if I were in your shoes? Since I love playing "the game", I'd take your best deal and take it to another dealer and ask for some additional silly amount off -- say an extra $500 or so. That's what I did and I was amazed that I got a bite. Don't be "pushy"; rather, just ask! Of course, it depends on all those other car buying 'factors' but it never hurts to ask.

Good luck. It would be great to hear how your hunt turns out. I'm not a dealer or anything, just a curious Titan lover. Thanks! dave
  • jkangjkang Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone who provided great information. I just bought a 2006 Titan crew cab SE 4x2 silver/graphite.
    The MSRP total on my truck was $30,523.00 but I bought it for $23,200.00 plus TTL.

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Base Price $28,050.00 $25,355.00

Bedliner $340.00 $200.00
    Non sliding bed extender $260.00 $188.00
    Under Seat Storage Bin $150.00 $111.00
    Floor Mats $120.00 $90.00

Destination $705.00 $705.00
    Total w/ Options $29,625.00 $26,649.00

Dealer Add Ons
    Paint Protection Package $499.00 $350.00
    Window Tint $399.00 $280.00

Total w/ Options $30,523.00 $27,279.00
    Rebate $2,250.00 $2,250.00

Total $28,273.00 $25,029.00
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I'd been working with the sales rep since back in November 05. I was relocating to AZ so I told him i'd give him last chance to beat any offers once I got to Phoenix.

Anyways, we agreed on a 06 Titan Crew Cab 4x2 in Majestic Blue with bench seats, bedliner, and mats only for $23,000.00

I got to the dealership and they didn't have that vehicle. (Funny thing was on my way there, a different sales rep from another dealer called to say his best offer was $23,458 for an XE with preferred pkg. I told him about the $23k offer for an SE and he laughed and said they would do a switch when I got there.)

Both the first sales rep and his manager showed on their computer how the vehicle was still available but they could not find it on the lot.

Well long story short, they asked if we could find another vehicle. Sure it took me an extra hour to locate a similarly optioned vehicle. There was one in Smoke but since i'm down here in the valley of the sun, I figured i'd go with a lighter color and opted for the silver with additional options of bed extender, underseat storage. We never even discussed the tint and clearcoat paint protection until AFTER the vehicle had been detailed for drive off.

We settled for $23,200.00 which still seemed a pretty good deal. I had to go to IKEA while they did a dealer exchange with another dealer but I got my truck out the door with 25miles only!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Sale Price $25,450.00 ///($23,200.00)// w/ rebate.
    Tax $1,879.20
    Tire Tax $5.00
    Doc Fees $369.00
    License Fee $444.00
    Title Fee $4.00

SUBTOTAL $28,151.20

Down (incl Rebate) $12,250.00

Finance $15,901.20 @ 5.99%

If you are in the Phoenix area and would like a great deal, I will be more than glad to refer to sales person and dealership. Mine was $7,323.00 off MSRP or 24% discount!

BTW, the silver color was my main color choice until recently so I can't complain about the color. Driving this one which has the captain's chairs is awesome. I'm glad I didn't get the Blue with bench seats now.

-Joe
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,189
    "If you are in the Phoenix area and would like a great deal, I will be more than glad to refer to sales person and dealership."

You can go ahead and name the dealership... but please.. no salesperson information.. Refer to the message in red printed below.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jkangjkang Member Posts: 2
    Props to Power Nissan here in Tempe, AZ. Southeast of Phoenix off I-10 on Auto row. (Seriously, there are like 16 different car make dealerships on this little loop.) :shades:
  • busheybushey Member Posts: 3
    The reason you are seeing lots of '05 Titans around in comparison to the '06 models is b/c of the similarity in incentives. I think it's only a $250 dollar difference between models. Who wouldn't go with the newer at that point
  • iceman_69_00iceman_69_00 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I am wondering if it is a good idea to buy/lease a 06 titan? Has Nissan fixed any of the problems from 03-05 models? I would really like to get some feed back.
  • nvbrohoenvbrohoe Member Posts: 2
    HELL NO...!!!
    I have an 06 titan - SE 4x4 - worst vehicle i have ever owned...horrible gas mileage - about 10-12 mpg at best - crappy interior materials - basic features for a not basic price - depending on how much you drive, gas can cost you a ton - i'm using about $180 PER WEEK - OUTRAGEOUS...!!!
    I will never again buy another Nissan anything - their vehicles are just cheap in quality and overpriced in comparison to Honda & Toyota. I'm heading to the Toyota dealership next...
    good luck :mad:
  • brads1brads1 Member Posts: 7
    Well, I must say that I have an 05 LE Crew Cab and I LOVE it! It is loaded. After researching this site and all the previous post before purchasing mine, I found that "Supposedly" all the Brake problems were resolved. I specifically looked for an 05 that was built "Later" in the year to ensure the kinks were resolved. As of now, I have 5700 miles on it and "knock on wood" I have had no problems. I get around 14-16 miles a gallon depending on what type of driving I am doing but I remember reading a post on this site prior to purchsing my vehicle and it just hit to the bone. It read something like "Well we all know that a big full size truck either this one or another model is going to burn gas prior to puchasing it, so there is no reason to complain about it after the fact like its a big surpise" That's what trucks do and we should expect it. I use mine mostly for weekend cruising and just plain "Looking Good :)" Now, if you plan to use it as a truck to go back and fourth to work and you work 20 miles or so one way or its your primary "do everything" vehicle..Well, expect to spend a lot for gas. I can only speak for myself and my experience thus far and it mine has been very pleasant. I bought mine, by the way, becuase I don't really buy new vehicles every other year. I will probably keep this one forever and if after 10 years or so I plan to get another I would just give this one to my Dad. Good Luck! Hopes this helps some.
  • giraldogiraldo Member Posts: 17
    I worked on a deal for a 06 Titan SE 4x4, no extras. Sticker is like 29,500. i can get it for 24,000 even. Is it a pretty good deal, it's not exactly the color i wanted but i can compromise.
  • dustmandustman Member Posts: 3
    Only option on this baby was some floor mats. I figured I could add a lot of stuff as after market parts (if I need them). I mainly just wanted a basic pick up truck. Previously I had looked at the Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, Pontiac Vibe, and even the Honda Element. I couldn't pass up the all around package on the Titan though, plus to get a v-8 at this price level is amazing. Speaking of price I got the XE with the floor mats for $18062 +TTL. That is over $6000 off the sticker price with the destination charge included. I bought at Continental Nissan in Coutryside, IL (just outside of Chicago). The experience was wonderful plus they have a car wash on site and offer lifetime free car washes. Not too bad IMO, not I'm going to add a Line-x spray on bed liner as my first aftermarket add on.
  • 0353usmc0353usmc Member Posts: 1
    Joe,
    I'm looking for the same truck. Where in Phoenix did you get your deal?
    Bob Lindgren
  • auburnjldauburnjld Member Posts: 4
    I've been offered a price on a 06 Titan SE (Popular, Trac, Tow Pkgs) for about $2000 below invoice, including rebates. I'm pretty sure I can get that price much lower. There are several dealerships that have very similar vehicles in stock so I should be able to get into an apples-to-apples bidding competition. Having said that, I wanted to wait until the 2007 models come out and then make a purchase on a 2006. Would I be able to get a significantly better deal waiting until the end of summer or am I only looking at a couple of hundred dollars difference and limited inventory at that time?

Thanks for your help.
  • rvriderrvrider Member Posts: 1
    It all depends on what you need to accomplish with a truck. For towing, you can't beat it for the price. It's great for hauling a family of five. It's fun to drive and gets a lot of compliments for its' appearance.

As any intelligent consumer would know, the Titan's fuel consumption is high - as it will be for any heavy-hauler. You can't get a lot of power without paying for it. If you don't need power and/or room, consider a smaller (wind cross-section), lighter, weaker (6-banger) truck. That said, the Titan fits my needs perfectly! I'm happy because it does what I want, it's fun to drive, and I can afford to fill the tank.

Comments about the interior quality not being good are subjective and silly from my perspective. Our other car is a loaded Volvo XC. These two vehicles should not be compared. From my perspective, trucks shouldn't be luxurious. If that's what you want, you should ask yourself why you're buying a truck. Trucks are meant for utility, to be kicked around. I considered the $40K to $50K trucks with the fancy interiors, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it was for the ego-trip types or contractors who live in their trucks and can pay for it with pre-tax income.
  • tezzztezzz Member Posts: 15
    2006 Nissan Titan Crew SE

Total MSRP† $34,925.00
    Model: Crew SE

Exterior: Radiant Silver
    Interior: Graphite/Titanium
    Drivetrain: 4x4

Packages and Options
    Popular Package with Power Bucket Seat
    $1350
    Tow Package
    $400
    Utility Bed Package
    $950
    Accessories
    Floor Mats
    $120
    Under Seat Storage Bin
    $150

Base MSRP $31,250.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $2,970.00
    Destination & Handling $705.00

Total MSRP† $34,925.00

$28925($2250 Rebate+Dealer discount)+TTL

let me know what u guys think

thanks
    FWIW, Carmax will take $6,500 off MSRP for a truck that is comparable to yours. I checked another "no haggle low price" dealer in my area and they offered $5,700 off MSRP on their web site. Last Sept. when I bought my 05 KC LE, I was able to get a fantastic deal, but I think CCs are not discounted as much as KCs are, but I don't know that for a fact. Another low price dealer here lists a truck similar to yours for around $29,282, or about $5,650 off MSRP. CarsDirect.com indicates that, in this area, $29,245 or about $5,680 off MSRP, is a reasonable price. So you gotta believe that if Carmax will quote their price with no haggling, the others would obviously match it pretty easily.

These prices are, of course, plus TTL and fees.

When I bought last year I found dealers willing to go a good bit below what they advertised in the paper or on the net. I was convinced there were hidden incentives for them to move the 05 models to clear the way for the 06s (in some cases, pretty hefty incentives). For example, my truck MSRP'ed for just over 36, and I was OTD for 28,5. Go figure.

Good luck. These are great trucks. I'm still on my honeymoon.
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    Ok their first offer on an 06 titan msrp $34655.00 was $29817.00.

06 titan crew red alert
    floor mats
    underseat storage bin
    sliding bed extender
    tow package

MSRP $ 34655.00
    their offer $29817.00

whats my target price?
    whats my next move?

thanks Titanese
    Is "their offer" an out the door price? If it's not, that's only $46xx off msrp and that's not a great deal IMHO. But that depends on where you are (ie, how much competition is in your area).

Also, more info on the truck is needed. I assume it's an SE? Split bench seats or buckets? Any other options? You can get back to me with that if you wish and I'll help you out. If you want to do this yourself, here's what I do:

At a minimum, what I would do is take the invoice and subtract the $2250 rebate. Holdback is 2% of the total invoice, so figure that out and subtract it. What I do at this point is then go a bit deeper and this is where it gets a bit riskier. When you've subtrated invoice-rebate-holdback, subtract another $500 and see what happens. I know it sounds stupid, but when I bought my truck this is what I did and I was stunned to get bites. The worse that will happen is that they'll laugh at you. Some will, some might not. What have you got to lose? Because there just may be hidden incentives on some trucks in their inventory, especially if they've been sitting around for a while. Good luck!

PS, for the above to work you need to have a few nissan places in your area because you may get laughed out of one or two by doing this. You have to just move on. Ultimately you'll know whether this strategy will work. Fall back to what you're comfortable negotiating. Good luck. Do not succumb to pressure to buy.
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    ok the truck is an LE 4x2.

Titanese
    Try 27750 and see what they say.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    I got a quote (from those that actually responded to ne internet quote request) of $30,175. Sticker is (LE 4WD CREW) $37,425. Hope this helps.
  • tezzztezzz Member Posts: 15
    Crew LE
    Exterior: Smoke
    Interior: Graphite/Titanium
    Drivetrain: 4x4
    Packages and Options
    Step Rails $300
    Tow Package $400
    Accessories
    Floor Mats $120
    Under Seat Storage Bin $150

Base MSRP $35,750.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $970.00
    Destination & Handling $705.00
    Dealer option Weel lock $69
    VIN Etching $249
    Bug Shields $189
    Total MSRP† $37,932
    Trade in
    2006 BMW 325I Black/Black
    Premium Package, Cold, Xenon Adaptive Headlights
    Paid $35500.00+TTL, 18112Miles

I expect to lose a lot of money, but all I paid
    Trade in+$1700+TTL
    Happy and Sweet !!
  • bubba25bubba25 Member Posts: 2
    I was ready to head to the lot to offer 22,000 for a 27,000 MSRP '06 Titan XE 4x4 when I called the dealer to see what colors were available. He told me to check the internet specials; holy cow, the same truck I wanted was offered at 20,800 + ttl! I'm glad I called because I was about to make a 1200 mistake.

The truck has manual windows, locks, mirror's, but still has CC, tilt, and not too bad of a stock cd/stereo player.

I feel like I got a good deal, but I'm gonna need the savings to pay for the gas!
  • sap727sap727 Member Posts: 2
    Is $6200 off MSRP par right now? Should I wait longer in hopes of the price coming down or is the rock bottom for the Titan? How about an increase in the rebates after 10/2. I'm around Sacramento, CA can I get a few dealer recommendations. Thanks for answering my questions. :confuse:
  • billthomasonbillthomason Member Posts: 1
    My Titan is the 06 LE crew 4x4. Leather, 350w system. heated seats, utilitrac system and sprayed bed liner, bed extender, tow package, heated mirrors, bla bla bla... all the stuff a Le has.
    i had a 98 dodge dakota sport 4x4, very low miles babied and taken care of and paid off. price on the titan was over 37,000 and they didn't want to give me but 4 something on my trade. I told the salesman i was not paying a down payment and wanted my payments below 500..headed to the door. didn't make it to the dodge and they came back with an offer.. i paid 800.(deposit and down pmt). payments are 477(72mo) but i still think i got a pretty good deal.
    My titan is a BEAST!!!

Bill
  • razorthunderrazorthunder Member Posts: 98
    I agree these vehicles down right suck. But what is worse is the service trying to get the poorly designed, poor material, unreliable, unsafe product fixed. Nissan stopped honoring my warranty at 24000 miles and 30 months. Can't blame them if your investing thousands a month trying to keep this POS running and being able to stop safely. Got the Big-Tow on mine, however, can't haul anything because my brakes go out every 6000 miles. Replaced 3 times by Nissan. Then Nissan stopped replacing my rotors and brake pads (under warranty I might add), and then had to pay $800.00 out of pocket. Thats $16000.00 in brake work over the life of the vehicle just so I can stop. I'm on my 3rd computer, thats another $9000 over the life of the vehicle so that the electronics run. Not to mention broken lamps, switched, door handles, and windows actuators. You do the math! It isn't worth owning a Nissan Titan Truck.
  • leon79705leon79705 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a radiant silver 2007 kc se with power bench package, non sliding bed extender, carpet for $22900. i could have bought one for $22500 but i would have to fly 2 hr and drive it back. it msrp at $28100. i just put in a rhino lining $400 and a grill guard $200 and it looks awesome. i couldnt get as much truck for my money as my titan. i almost bought a silverado 1500 4.8 instead. it didnt have power seat and priced @$22500. the dealer didnt want to help me search for one so i went down the street and got one 4 days later. i drove by the chevy place and saw the salesman and honked and waved at him. he was clueless why he didnt made the sale. my dealer also gave me another titan se with captain seat for the 4 days. i definitly like my bench seat better.
  • fireguy29fireguy29 Member Posts: 2
    Here's the deal I worked. I Just bought a 2006 leftover. Had 65 miles on the ODO (test drives etc.. I assume) Red Brawn/Steel Crew Cab 4x4 LE off road package, spray in bed liner w/utili track and bed extender. Power and heated everything with the 10 speaker Rockford fosgate stereo w/6 disc changer. MSRP $38,005 Invoice was $34,800 picked it up for $29,700. $5100 under invoice. I'm a very happy new titan owner! So far this truck is worth every penny!

Has anybody bought service plans for these things? What do they cost and are they worth the investment?
    Thats a tough question. Being Nissan stopped honoring my original factory warranty at 24000 miles/30 months and over 20 repairs. On one prospective, these vehicles are so poorly built and unreliable that I would say of course get it/ But then on another prospective, if Nissan didn't even honor my original factory why would they honor an extended warranty.
    Hope you realize that there is more to a truck purchase then looks and features. I'm learning the hard way through Nissan. Save a penny purchase a Nightmare! Also when Nissan stops backing their product by not honoring a the written warranty, why should anyone else back the product? Good luck, you'll need it.
  • fireguy29fireguy29 Member Posts: 2
    Razorthunder,
    I have read many of your posts and it really sounds like you got the shaft. I have to wonder if part of your problem is the dealer you are working with. I'm sure if Nissan Motor Corp. stopped honoring your warranty you would have a lawsuit and I can't imagine you losing on the breach of contract alone. Anyway, my experience with Nissan has been great. I had a 95 Nissan pickup that I just decided to retire after 12 years and well over 200000 miles, other than normal wear and tear I only put a fuel pump in it. It served me very well and that was a large part of the reason that I went back for the Titan (for the record I don't buy things for looks, it fits my purposes). I know that many of the issues you had with your '04 (If I remember correctly) have been addressed over the last few model years. I'm hoping that the kinks are worked out and I fair a little better than you did. As for save a penny, I could have picked up a GMC or FORD cheaper so I really didn't save anything. I hope everything works out for you and I certainly hope that I don't find myself on here in 6 months bashing Nissan every chance I get.
    Just don't get your vehicle repaired too many times under the factory warranty or expect it to run everyday, then you'll be, ok, in Nissans Book. I bash Nissan because of the way I was treated, the horrible reliability, and unsafe actions of the dealership; and between my two Nissan vehicles (both 2004), I went to dealership 66 times for various repairs. Now, thats some quality products! Yes, I brought action through arbitration, because I'm organized and keep all my paperwork and won against Nissan, for both vehicles. The point is to prevent others from going through the same ordeal I had to go through, because I missed the commercials where Nissan stop honoring warranties, or to depict the truck shaking so violently due to brake judder, or the one where the vehicles won't move because of BCM failure, or the window falls off because the regulators fail, or you open the door and the handle falls off.
  • mick14mick14 Member Posts: 30
    Sounds like razorboy got a lemon and is still crying about it. He has posted in 20 different spots and won't let it go.
    He hates Titans it seems. His posts do not make any sense.
    :shades:
  • mick14mick14 Member Posts: 30
    Looks like that was a good deal. I got about the same with the OR package as well for $28660 out the door in Feb 05.
    My dealership did me a solid and they rock!!
    I neither agree or disagree with the pricing you have presented on this Nissan Vehicle. In my only, single response to your question presented on this vehicle, that was posted in the correct forum of "Nissan: Prices Paid and Buying Experience", I feel equally between buying or not buying this vehicle. This opinion does not reflect any official opinion, or that of edmunds, please purchase at your own risk. Hope, this input helps.
  • shallwechatshallwechat Member Posts: 20
    We just purchased a black titan king cab with a few extras on it. The sticker was $25,670 and i ended up paying $18,800. That was $6870.00 off sticker so I felt I received a good deal. We ended up with the factory tinted windows, the fancy floor mats which we really didn't care for but they are nice, the etched windows and the chrome wheels.
  • shallwechatshallwechat Member Posts: 20
    I got the base xe for $18,800 but there were a few little extras.....etched windows (helped with the cost of my insurance), really nice floor mats which I didn't care if I had or not but they are nice, chrome wheels and factory tinted windows. The regular base model doesn't even have the tinted windows. I think I got a good deal!
  • rafarafa Member Posts: 35
    Picked up a radiant silver 2007 nissan titan crew cab se model with 150 miles on it with popular package option and utility package with sprayed in bed liner love it msrp was 34,900 got it for 26,900 because i got it when the 08s were coming out mine is the one I wanted its the crew cab just order the side steps what do you guys think did i get a good deal thanks
  • jpolojpolo Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a ne 2008 nissan titan last week , I got 17000, for my trade in , 2006 xterra S, I had a lot negative equity on it, just about 7000, I negotiated that price of the new titan crew cab SE with towing and traking package an other extras, sticker price was 32,300, thru nissanusacom, I manage to reduced that price to minus 4000, minus 3500 for tha rebate, I end up paying 24800, for the truck plus 6800 negative , plus taxes and fees , for a total of 32500, ..please teel me if I got a good deal...???
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    seeing that you owe $32.5K + interest on a truck valued at $24.8 can't be a good deal. I'm amazed at what a dealer can do as far as rolling negative equity. Once that Titan rolled off the lot you're looking at being at least $10K upside down and sorry to say that is not a good deal.
  • fueledupfueledup Member Posts: 64
    I'm about ready to purchace an 08' titan le crew cab long bed msrp is $36,220. can purchase it for $28,600. plus $600.00 dealer fee is this a good deal and is it a good truck. very interested in true mpg city and hwy, and are there any issues to be concerned about?
  • dshenrydshenry Member Posts: 1
    The deal is not bad make sure you get the warranty! MPG is about 13-17 depending on how heavy your foot it. I get 17mpg my husband gets 13mpg he has a lead foot. The space is wonderful! We love our truck! :shades:
    thanks for the info. have you taken it for any long trips . i've read somewhere that the exhaust noise is pretty pronounced when cruising say 75mph.has this been your experience? i've only driven it on short test run but pretty impressed with engine responce and vast array of standard features on the le model.
  • redsnakeredsnake Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an '08 Titan Crew LE 4X2 with ALL the option packages, and a couple accessories. MSRP was 41,720, one dealer offered to ship the truck local (it was 380 miles away, but this dealership wouldn't tell me where it was) and gave me 38,220 as their first chop, but insisted that I pay the full shipping fee of 450. Through some research and phone calls I located the truck at it's current dealership, called them and they gave me 34,703 (about 1k below invoice), with 9700 for my trade in ('02 Chevy Ext. that I still owed 3700 on), plus I didn't have to pay the 450 shipping fee. My opinion on your deal is it's about the same difference between your MSRP and your negotiated price as my deal, so I would say it's a pretty decent deal. You might be able to do a little better, but that's up to you and the dealership. I'm sure the dealership I got mine at still made a good profit, but I was pretty happy with my deal. The advice I got here definately saved me some money on haggling the deal and trade in. As for the truck, I'm pretty dog gone happy with it. It's got the Navigation pkg, DVD Mobile Theater Pkg, Tow pkg, Moon roof, side airbags, Step Rails, plus it came with the underseat storage bin, floor mats, and the security lugs for the tires. The wife and I STILL haven't figured out all the neat gadgets built into this baby. :shades:
  • gaspasser2gaspasser2 Member Posts: 44
    Redsnake,

Congratulations! For $34703, does that include the rebate/cash back?
    i've been hemming and hawing about the purchase of a new 08' titan for the past three weeks . now i'm glad I did. loved all the extras you get for your money with the titan. however after seven test drives at three different dealerships in seven different titan trucks every truck had to be jumped started with an eigth truck that couldn't even be jumped. no wonder for the $4,250.00 rebate. you look at the discount and you say an unbelievable deal. I almost bit. yes seven test drives. sounds crazy? maybe! I loved so much about it I was originally ready to over look the jittery ride, the well below average fuel milage, the noisy exhaust, but not the inability of a truck that wont start. yea I might be crazy but I'm not stupid. nissan titan no thanks.