Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Explorer Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eidnaeidna Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I was just offered this from a local Louisville, KY dealer:

2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 4WD
    3rd row seat
    moon roof
    MSRP: $34335
    Invoice: $32629
    X-plan: $32574.43
    Rebates: ($4250)
    Cap Cost: $28324

36 months @ 10,500 miles/year
    43% residual
    2.7% money factor
    $451/month includes KY property tax ($26/mo)

Will someone please tell me if this good enough? Should we take them up on it?

THANKS!!!!
  • wmspinwmspin Member Posts: 1
    First, many thanks to car_man for such great information. I have been lurking these forums for several months now so I could understand money factors, residuals, and leasing in general. I am completely new to the entire leasing process.

In Sunday's newspaper, I saw an ad for a 2008 V6 XLT, Keyless Entry, Pwr. Wind/Locks. Was $26,915, Now $15,995. Zero Down, 24 Mo. Lease, 10,500 mi/year, No Plan Needed, Save $10,920 Off MSRP, a $500 Gas Card, $0 Security, for $229/month. I decided this sounded way too good to be true. We've all seen the ridiculously low lease ads only to read in the small print the thousands down required...

So, I contacted them and to my amazement, they stood behind their advertisement and offered me one of the vehicles. I asked if the same "deal" applied to higher end models and they indicated the would use the same discounting process.

I asked about Ford's money factors and residuals for a 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4X4. Ford's money factor was 0.25% (no, that is not a misprint) for 24 month leases, and 2.5% for 36 month leases. Residuals for 24 month leases were 51% for 10,500 mi/yr; 50% for 12,000 mi/yr; and 48% for 15,000 mi/yr. Residuals for 36 month leases were 44% for 10,500 mi/yr; 43% for 12,000 mi/yr; and 41% for 15,000 mi/yr.

Now in addition to these great lease rates, Ford is offering rebates of $5,750 for leases on Explorers.

This particular dealer was looking to rid itself of the 2008 inventory, so they honored their "No Plan Needed" and offered me A-Plan pricing -- roughly 4% under invoice.

Combining everything together, I just leased a 2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4X4 V6 that listed for $33,365; purchase price of $30,080; rebates of $5,750; for 24 months; 10,500 miles for $310 + tax with no money down. I even got the $500 gas card.

The only thing I did not qualify for was the Ford renewal rebate of $2500 since I did not already lease a Ford vehicle. I'm still in shock I just leased my first vehicle for less than I had been quoted on a Ford Fusion.

Finally, the dealer indicated Ford Credit would be lowering its residual values tomorrow as they are reviewed quarterly, but had been extended through today. I do not know how long the 0.25% lease rate will be in effect, and the rebates allegedly end today also.

Thanks again car_man! I think you helped me get a great deal.
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Member Posts: 214
    Just bought a 2008 XLT for invoice minus $6000 ($3000 loyalty, $2500 incentive, $500 for Ford financing) plus dealer handling fee of $499. The selling dealer had to pay invoice to get the vehicle from another dealer some distance away; otherwise, I could have bargained for an even lower price. We were very satisfied with our '99 XLT; this new XLT is a whole different animal in that it handles so much better, quieter, better comfort, etc. Great deals available right now, but the inventory is getting thin. Mostly the vehicles loaded with long lists of options, which you may not desire, are still on the lot.
  • formulaveeformulavee Member Posts: 14
    I have an opportunity to buy a loaded 08 Eddie BAuer with 1900 miles for $19,500. Anyone know what auction prices are for these? Thanks!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter with a large newswire would like to speak with consumers who purchased a truck or SUV in the past couple of months and received a good deal as demand was low because of gas prices. If you just purchased a truck or SUV recently, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Monday, August 25th.
  • jsakabuckjsakabuck Member Posts: 11
    I love my 1995 Explorer and I'm ready to upgrade to a new one. But, I'm having difficulty finding one. You see, I have never had a desire and/or need for a third row seat. Unfortunately, ever Ford dealer I visit tells me that I would be hard pressed to find an Explorer on a lot without a third row seat, and that I'd have to order one without the seat. I've visited Ford's website and built my new Explorer and have searched dealer inventories online for just the vehicle I want, but none are available without a third row seat. I love the space of the Explorer, but can't see toting around the excess weight of the third row seat. Being the end of the model year, that puts me out of luck at finding a great deal on a leftover '08. So my question is, when are the '09's going to be available? Anyone have any insight into timing for an '09?
  • 4thhorseman4thhorseman Member Posts: 1
    Ok, first time poster... long time reader of Edmunds.com

This is a tale of me having my way with a dealership.

I have (had) a 1998 Chevy Blazer. Replaced 3 water pumps, one alternator, one radiator, one fuel pump, 4 shocks and a butt-load of tires.

The Blazer also had the following issues:

-121,000 Miles
    -Needed a tune-up
    -Front alignment (Car shakes from 60-70mph)
    -Needed 2 new front tires
    -Needed Front breaks
    -Heat and air did not work
    -Had electrical issues - incessant clicking (from what sounded like the turn signal)
    -The fuel gage never read true and would click to E at anytime.
    -Transmission just recently started acting funny.
    -Had an oil leak, radiator leak, and a leak from the back hatch window.
    -Passengers door wouldn't open with keyless entry
    -And the inside would smell like exhaust or gas from time to time.
    -Last but not least: The interior sucked... (2 kids and me not being anal about the inside)
    -Exterior: Lots of small dents and scratches. (Ala kids)

Pro's: The 4wdr worked, and the engine was strong.

I was going to have to pay at least $650.00 to 1.5k$ to get the car back into shape
    I wasn't looking forward to winter with at very least no heat.

I explained the situation to the wife. Then said We should look for something newer
    and less miles and trade the Blazer in.

I started looking on the Internet and I found an explorer in an adjacent city, with 80k miles and 2001. I called to see if they still had it. (9 times out of 10 they don't but... they surely have something else they can get you into... blah blah)

In this case they had it. I told them I'd be down at about 5pm. I waited until dark to go. I wanted to camouflage my car a bit more. =)

They wanted $4,995 for the Explorer XLT. I hopped on Edmunds.com and checked the price. It was listed at $5,250. While my Blazer was listed at $1,200.

I had read the buying guides on this site and I tested them a few times on other perspective cars. I've never felt so vulnerable as when in a 'car buying' situation.
    My wife's job on this mark was to be disapproving and agitated.

We test drove it. It seemed solid. With one exception, a rhythmic 'whirring' sound. Could have been from the 4wdr gear box or a bearing issue... OR Completely normal to the car. (Time will tell)

I came in and let him know I wanted to chat about the vehicle. After some time he got back to us... :mad: We remained active, getting up and wandering around when he left, etc...

We started talking money. I told him of the sound I'd heard and expressed it could be a future issue. He didn't argue with me. I asked if he'd mind if I had my mechanic look at it, etc... Then we got down to the trade-in part. He asked me what I had and I gave him the keys and he wandered out to see. We did not follow. Here is the critical portion. This was in a smaller city and he had no other staff on-hand as it was late (For them, they closed at 8pm) He came back in, made a call, chatted with the other end then came over and wrote down what he was willing to offer. The offer was $2,000. Knowing what I knew about the blazer and it's worth, I nearly swallowed my teeth. I hymned and hawed about the $2,000, but ultimately let it go as I was not going to let that be a deal breaker in any situation but I didn't want to appear too eager to jump at the offer.

I then haggled him down on the $4,995. I finally got him down to $4,150. With all told, I only owed him $2450.67, which I was more than happy to pay.

A was a bit chagrined to take the title for the blazer and cash for the Exploder back to him the next day, but hey... deals a deal. They did make a jab at me for the beat up license plates from the Blazer - alluding to the condition of the car, but never came right out saying it. However in my defense, I did disclose everything he had asked for initially.

I took the Exp out on a 370 round trip exercise. Performed wonderfully and I got 23mpg. Win win. I left there giggling to my wife. She just shook her head. She however was just as glad to be out of the Blazer.

While I could afford a better car, I wanted to have this for a work car. Money concerns are huge on 95% of American's these days, and I believe that this site helped me walk out of there having saved $1k at very least. This was an awesome experience. However, I don't think I could make as one sided a victory as this again. :P :) :P
  • raffiemraffiem Member Posts: 11
    I saw a 08 limited leftover with most options expet remote start and dvd. Sticker was $41k

I know they are asking 36k+ and there is 1000 rebate plus 0% for 60 months (which I need) but what do you think is a good price for this truck?

I was thinking 30k OTD since I will have to pay to add the DVD and remote start. Thinking that will cost me about $2k
  • karma50karma50 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know of any 2008 Ford Explorers still on a lot in the NJ/PA,NY, CT area; Ford has deep incentives on these if they can be found. By the way...I need 4WD or AWD & 3rd Row? Will also consider used if mint and low, low milage....Thanks
  • epecepec Member Posts: 16
    want to know how much you can get off the MSRP. Thanks
  • gbjgbj Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2009 Explorer XLT Aug 10, 2009. MSRP was $36,845. Purchase price was $29,500 after $4,000 in manufacturer to customer rebates. It was the last 2009 Explorer in dealer's stock. It had been at the dealer since the first part of April. No trade in. No financing. I negotiated in person at the dealership. This vehicle had the exact options I was interested in. Also, the last of the 2009's was an advantage because I will drive it until it is ready for salvage. The dealer made two offers and I made two counter offers and the deal was done. I drove it home 3 hours after I walked into the dealership. If the purchase price had not been acceptable to me I would have negotiated for a 2010 using the internet and contacting a number of dealers simultaneously.
  • epecepec Member Posts: 16
    really appreciate this information . I think it is a good deal
  • mimi0137mimi0137 Member Posts: 3
    I know of a dealer in Florida that has one left I bought the other one and you are right here in florida I got 4500 off the msrp and it was brand new with only 17 miles. let me know :)
  • apowerzapowerz Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I am coming the end of a lease on a 2007 Explorer LTD. The only extras are a reverse sensing system, a V8, and upgraded rims. The sticker on the car when I leased it was $37,800, and after rebates, the sale price was $32,800. I am looking into either buying out my lease or buying a new 2010 Explorer LTD, but the lowest sticker price that I can find for a vehicle comparibly equipped is $42,500. I asked the dealer to explain to me why a car in the same body style with the same specs has gone up in sticker price by $5K 3 years later, and they have no logical explanation except to say that Ford sets the pricing, not them. Does this seem to make sense to you? I am in a suburb of Philadelphia, and C&C Ford is the dealer.

Thanks for any input,

apowerz
  • midwestern2midwestern2 Member Posts: 1
    hi y'all, new on the forum but long time reader... i'm contemplating buying a Mountaineer (that would be my 1st truck ever). I love that car strictly because of its looks, i can't lie ;-) I want at least an 07 or newer, i've been looking around and some dealership offer pretty good prices. However I am concerned about the Mercury brand. Will it go out of business? I heard they are going to eliminate the truck section and only make small cars. How does that affect the resale value of a car?
    I read most of the comments on here and people seem pretty satisfied with it as far as the performance. I will probably keep the car for another 3 yrs if i buy it now. If some of you guys have traded the car in how easy/hard was it?
    Any answers you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!
  • acsc005acsc005 Member Posts: 1
    After several weeks of car shopping here is what I think to be the best offer for a fully loaded 2010 Limited with 5yr/100000 bumper to bumper coverage. It does have 5200 demo miles on it, but not an issue with me. I put 3000 down and my monthly payment is 609 on a 72 month loan.
  • explorerkidexplorerkid Member Posts: 5
    I just ordered/bought a new 2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD V6, silver metallic exterior, gray leather interior. Ordered 202A (package with driver connect package, MyFord Touch, Sync System, Rear View Camera, Dual Zone Automatic Air condition, comfort package), 6 speed automatic transmission, trailer package, navigation system. MSRP delivered $38,580. Dealer Invoice $35668. Special discount $720for 202A Package and $500 Ford Early order Cash Bonus. Bottom line, delivered price of $35,468 (not including tax, license, etc). Bought from Town and Country Ford in Quinnesec, Michigan. Do you think this is a good deal?
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    A little late to ask that now, isn't it?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of the Ford Explorer who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Saturday, November 20, 2010 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    edited November 2010
    I'm considering the purchase of a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer AWD that only has 18K on it. This was a 3rd vehicle that was used primarily at the owner's beach house. Upon inspection, the SUV is in like new condition, both inside and out. The asking price is slightly under $17,000.

The only area of concern I have is I noticed some surface rust in the engine compartment on the metal above the radiator. The bolts that hold the hood latch are rusted as well. I also noticed some surface corrosion on some of the exposed steel parts in the engine compartment. Underneath, the truck looked pretty good and I didn't see any rust on the exterior.

Is this a deal-breaker? Do you think this was simply because the truck spent a lot of time near the ocean? What advice would you give me?

Thanks,
    Kelly
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Member Posts: 214
    When I bought my new 2008 Explorer XLT AWD, I paid $24000 for it for comparison. Have you checked with Edmunds on what a good price for a 2004 Explorer should be? I would not consider the rust you found to be a deal breaker, but it may diminish the value of the vehicle slightly. When we lived near the ocean, rust like that would happen to our and neighbor's vehicles. Also check all the rubber parts- belts, hoses, wipers, tires. Rubber ages even when it is not being used.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    Good advice. What else do I need to check?
  • cfg1cfg1 Member Posts: 85
    Is x-plan a good price on a 2011 Explorer Limited with 302a?
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Right now - probably. Dealers aren't flooded with vehicles and there's not great discounting going on.
  • cfg1cfg1 Member Posts: 85
    thanks.
  • crankin1crankin1 Member Posts: 1
    I gave up after going to several dealers in town and checking with internet sales sites on buying a 2011 Ford Explorer. I told my husband not to bother because getting a good price was futile. We bought stock 100 shares and tried to get the pin for xpricing, but it's a 6 month wait and dealers don't care and will insult you with a $500 off sticker offer. Yippie? So then my husband checked with Sams Club and you can purchase your car - any car, through it at invoice + 400. We also read on these boards that you can order several different brochures and if you're lucky, you will get a $750 off coupon. So we paid Invoice + 400 - $1000 rebate - $750 and also negotiated a really good price on our trade in. The hitch is Sam's and Costco only seem to have 1 designated dealer in town. But they were so very nice and are doing a dealer transfer in with a car that has very close specs to what I wanted. I didn't want to order, because the 1000 rebate expires on April 4, although the dealer says there will probably be a larger rebate in mid-summer on these vehicles; we didn't want to chance it.
    Ford Explorer Limited 301a with power fold seats and 20" wheels sticker 40, 590 invoice + 400 brought it down $1942 and then down the rebate $1000 and the coupon $750. (I got 3 brochures and all 3 had the coupon) you have to get it the brochure online, not at the dealers for the coupon. So we saved $3692 in total on this vehicle. So how do you think we did?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,293
    Sounds like you got a good deal, especially considering there are selling pretty well.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Shopped 3 dealers, one out of state. Best offer was on a 2012 Limited with everything but 4WD. Sticker priced at $46,507. Got it for $41,563, $3,000 down, 15,000 mile lease for $630/month, 39 months. That's actually $1,000 back of invoice, or X-plan pricing. I didn't have X-plan, but they gave me the same deal. The General Manager took care of me personally, because I know the owner of the store. So I'm sure everybody can't get the same deal, but I'm super happy. And love the car so far. This is our 8th Explorer.
  • oceana143oceana143 Member Posts: 38
    Looking to lease one. Is there any reason not to get the Base? What is the mix of base vs. XLT? Really do not want to pay more for color-coded roof racks and 18"wheels. Thank you.
    The XLT is a much more common model. I wouldn't be suprised that it wouldn't cost much more to lease the XLT vs the base model.

Also, the XLT adds much more than just the 18" alloy wheels and the silver rack. Added is the alarm, upgraded interior, SYNC, Sirius radio, auto headlamps, fog lamps, heated mirrors, reverse sensing system and the keypad.
  • inquiry12inquiry12 Member Posts: 3
    hi, between 1/12/12 and 3/12/12 ford is offering an additional $750 private cash discount if you take the time to ask for ford explorer literature AND ask to be kept up to date...by simply registering for such on the ford.com website (explorer section). ford is offering $1,000 cash back right now (thru early april)...this extra $750 savings is an additinal sweetner; i registered and within a day the dealer had my eligibility information available to them (when they provided me a quote); the brochure actually came in the mail about 5-days later which had the hard copy of the details. Additinally, I found several dealers that offered to sell the unit for dealer invoice...some dealers added on the advertising fee (and a fuel fee)...some did not. Shop around and ask questions. I paid cash for my unit (bought it mid-january) and maybe that made a difference on their offers.
  • junglejet100junglejet100 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase 2013 Ford XLT FWD with leather package 202a. I'm wondering what's the price others have paid. The best price I'm getting from my local dealer is $32,100 plus tax and fees after the $2000 ford cash back. The msrp on the suv is $35,420. Does this sound like a good deal?
  • jr16jr16 Member Posts: 4
    I was recently offered the following price:
    MSRP $50,310

Demo Discount - $6739.00
    Factory Rebate - $1500

Price - $42, 071 (plus title, tax, fees)

Has about 6800 miles. All the options including DVD.

Thinking about taking the bait and running with it.

What do you all think?
  • devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Looks to me like the invoice on this is about $46,000. There is actually a $2,000 incentive on the '12s which would bring this down to $44,000. Of the additional $2,000 about $1,500 is the holdback, so it looks like they are losing about $500 on the car. I don't know if they will try to make this up in the fees they will add. I would say this is a great deal for a new model. For a model with 7,000 miles it is just ok. The blue book value in excellent condition looks to be about $40,500 with this amount of mileage. However, you probably would not be able to find this exact car at that price. If it were me, I would probably rather spend a little more and have a new car with no miles.
  • jr16jr16 Member Posts: 4
    Signed the papers on 2013 Explorer

MSRP - 48, 510

Sale Price - 44, 917

1500 Consumer Cash, 500 College Bonus

Total Price out the Door - 45,515

Had 1.99% for 60 mos financing pre-arranged but dealer found 1.87% through its contacts.

So far I am overjoyed but only purchased last night! lol Only thing it doesn't have is DVD or Rear Bucket Seats.
  • jakz34jakz34 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Is it true dealers will start offering better deals in a month or so to get rid of inventory for newer models coming in, holiday pricing, etc.?

I plan on looking for financing through my credit union but am not opposed to doing it through the dealership for a better rate. I plan to put anywhere from $4-10k down.

I found a vehicle I wouldn't mind purchasing: http://www.landersford.com/detail-2012-ford-explorer-xlt-used-9163630.html

If they could knock some more off that price but honestly, negotiating isn't my strong point.

Any advice, tips, etc.?
    Search for the real world trade in values forum on this site and follow the list to get what is a reasonable price. To be perfectly honest, you can probably get that price on a new one.

Go to Ford.com and ask for a brochure for the Explorer. They will send you a coupon for $500-750 off. Add in the $1500-2000 rebate they usually offer and combine it with an invoice price offer and you'll be pretty well.
  • jakz34jakz34 Member Posts: 2
    Where can I find real world trade values? A new one with the same features at that price? How?

Is that coupon and rebate good for new vehicles only? Do I have to request the brochure be mailed or can I download it?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• katxkatx Member Posts: 1
    I am purchasing (financing) a 2013 Explorer XLT. The Ford website lists a $1000 conquest cash incentive if you have another lease from a different company (non-ford). The dealer says that the Ford Explorer does not qualify for this incentive? Is that true? I have asked different dealers and am getting a different story from each one...

Can someone please help? or direct me to a website/phone number where I can ask?
    The Ford Website also states to verify with dealer...
  • jbrewha74jbrewha74 Member Posts: 22
    I currently have an '11 XLT pretty loaded, traded in an '01 Sport i pretty much had to push into the dealer, however, they wrote down they gave me 3k for it. With that, i paid the first month payment and reg fees and walked out at 367 a month for 24 months. Now my lease is up and i am looking to get the new sport, however, dealers seem very reluctant to push this because of limited quantities. I know they are waiting for some moron to come in and say yea ill take it for 600 a month with 5k down. I have negotiated 1 down from 47915 to 42630. I am trying to do this with 0 down just reg. and fees. They are in the high 4s but i feel like i should be able to get this down to the low to mid 4s. Any feedback? Is this unreasonable? And does anyone know the exact residual on this? Cant seem to find exact online.
  • phillyfan5phillyfan5 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote on a 2013 Explorer XLT with many options, MSRP of $42,165 ... they quoted a 36 mo lease for $398.22 which includes taxes ... $995 down (includes tags and all fees) miles of 10,500.
    My question; is there room to bargain this lower or it is a good deal?
  • ct44ct44 Member Posts: 8
    I received an interesting email from a local dealer concerning the pricing of Equipment Group 302A. The sticker shows this option group listed at $6480, while Ford's 'Build Your Own' web page prices it at $5600. I inquired about the difference and was told that the difference of $880 was taken off on the bottom of the sticker. And he is correct. There is a "Total Before Discounts", then a line called 'Equipment Group Savings' where the $880 is deducted, leaving a "Total MSRP" that is net of the group discount/savings. All fine and good. Except that the email further states "For lease purposes, the MSRP is taken before the package discount". So they are using the 'Total Before Discounts' which is a number greater than the MSRP, when computing the residual. I'd never heard of that before, and wonder if that is particular to Ford, or if others have seen it used elsewhere.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    I've seen that on domestic leases, before... A higher residual is a good thing on a lease, as it lowers the payment...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• glin88glin88 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ask your salespople about the Ford Explorer "water leaking" problem. i almost decided to buy a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport, but found the following two threads about the "water leaking" problem with this model.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327803

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/explorer/2013/consumer-reviews/two-weeks-old-and-alr- eady.html?style=101420024&sub=&reviewId=1711008258
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,293
    I have had a 2011 with pano roof and power liftgate for over a year and a half, no leaks.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • glin88glin88 Member Posts: 2
    Then good for you, but after reading all the posts about this water leaking issue I decided to go with other brands.

Thanks for the input and enjoy your Explorer
  • FB23FB23 Member Posts: 7
    I've used this forum many times before and wanted to share my purchase and hopefully it will help someone.
    2014 Explorer Limited; 302A package; platinum white tri-coat paint; 2nd row bucket seats; dual panel moonroof; adapt cruise control/collision warning; tow package; polished aluminum wheels. MRSP 50815. OTD 46300 + tax. Could have haggled for a bit more (maybe 1k less) but they gave me a good trade price so made up for it there. 1.7% financing @ 60months. Hope this helps someone. Now let's hope I'm happy with the vehicle...never owned a FORD.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    FB23 - congratulations on your new Explorer and thank you for sharing your purchase experience with us on the forums.

My wife was a Ford girl for many years; I found them to be good dependable cars.

Of course, my last one was an '03 Focus, so I'm sure they've been improved on over the years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2013
    Bought an Explorer limited with 4WD 302A package, tow package, bucket seats, collision adaptive cruise, dual panel moon roof, center console, floor mats etc..
    MSRP $51K, paid ~$46K after rebates, discounts