Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan 2005+

Comments

• hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    How many miles on the 2005 GC SXT that you got for $19,995?
         It was obviously USED as the MSRP for a 2005 GC SXT was $26,995 when it came out and the 2004 GC SXT had a much higher MSRP.
  • chuckgchuckg Member Posts: 69
    Just purchased a nicely equipped 2005 GC SXT for my wife on 10/4/04. The van came with the 29P package. I've copied and pasted the options on the vehicle because some may not be aware of the 29P. It isn't listed on Edmunds but is listed on KBB. It stated on the sticker that this package was available till 12/31/04.

I don't know how this will post but I'll give it a try. Here goes.

Customer Preferred Package 29P $3,495
       No Charge DVD ($1,150) And

Power Liftgate

Power Sunroof

Rear Seat Video System

In-Dash 6-Disc CD/DVD Changer

2nd-Row Overhead 7" Video Screen

Wireless Headphones

Video Remote Control

Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats

Premium Two-Tone Seat Accents

Heated Front Seats

Power Front Seats

Driver's Adjustable Lumbar Support

Vinyl Door Trim with Map Pocket

Premium Group $1,235
       Air Cond. w/3-Zone Auto Temp Control

Cabin Air Filtering System

Power-Adjustable Pedals

ParkSense(TM) Rear Back-up System

Vehicle Security System

Vehicle Information Center

Touring Suspension

Removable Center Front Seat Console $195
    Infinity(TM) Speaker System $425
    SIRIUS Satellite Digital Radio $195
       1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS

Call SIRIUS @ 888-539-7474

O/Head Rail & Bins Sys Delete Credit

DESTINATION CHARGE $680

TOTAL PRICE:* $32,570

Here's what I paid, some numbers rounded.

30,200 Invoice
    1,500 Cash rebate
    1,500 Chrysler financial rebate
    500 Chrysler loyalty rebate
    300 Dealer rebate
    1,500 Trade-in

My out-the-door price was $27,250, which included sales tax of 8%.

Considering the options I got, I believe I did all right. I was planning on waiting until Christmas to purchase the vehicle, but after I saw the rebates and the 29P package, I figured what the heck....go for it now. And besides, my wife is crazy about it.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    It could be a good deal, but what about the "$1500 trade in"? Did you trade a vehicle in, and if so, did you only get $1500 for it? If it was worth more than $1500, then you maybe did not ge a good deal. If it was a junker, then the $1500 may be a valid "rebate".
    badger- My trade-in was a 1993 Mercury Villager with 101,000 miles. Was it a junker?...no. Everything worked on it, however it was just time to get rid of it.

I checked the trade-in value and considering it's condition, that was the right price.
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    I was curious about this deal too. Was this new?

A deal is only as good as the rebates. You take the invoice, subtract all the rebates, that's pretty much the best price anybody can do. How was $19,995 possible? Thanks for your clarification.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Unfortunately, the "experts" (CR, NADA, KBB, Edmunds) never compute depreciation on the difference between price paid for purchase and price received for trade-in.

Actually we do:

"Depreciation

This is the amount by which the value of a vehicle declines from its purchase price. The purchase price employed for new cars is the vehicle's True Market Value® price in your state ..."

TCO FAQ (The FAQ goes on to say the trade-in value is based on TMV, private party, 15k a year).

Steve, Host
    Looks like you indeed got a good deal. It even would have been a good deal without the trade.

This is a really well equipped minivan and still priced in the mid $20K range, with or without the trade, not including sales tax which varies from state to state.
    badgerfan- It's still a lot of money.

When I was doing my research, the 29P package didn't show up on anyone's inventory from the Dodge site. Then one day, it just showed-up. I had absolutely no idea it even existed. That's why I posted the options on the vehicle. Maybe it will help someone that reads this board.

Edmunds needs an update on the pricing of this vehicle.
    Yes, a lot of money, but when you go see what some people are willing to pay for a loaded up new Sienna or Odyssey, upwards of $35-$40K, it is still somewhat reasonable. One of my coworkers bought a GC SE+ for just a bit under $20K not including sales tax, so you can keep it fairly inexpensive if you delete some of the toys.

I like to stay on the low (but not stripper) price end as well. No sense dumping a huge amount of money into a depreciating asset. We are still driving a 1996 short wheel base Caravan SE Sport, that we bought new but a leftover in March 1997 (I like bargain leftovers!). It has about 79,000 miles and still running and looking good. We will probably keep it several more years, and by then DC will probably have a new generation out.

I think loaded/luxury vehicles are a product of the leasing/long financing mentality of a lot of car buyers these days. They start thinking "For just a few dollars a month more payments, I can get all these bells and whistles". But, those few dollars a month add up, and they end up having continuous car loan or lease payments forever, rather than buying rarely and driving it for ten years or so.
    I certainly can appreciate your opinion when it comes to cars. I also really hate to put that much money into a depreciating "asset."

So, I have to rationalize the decision in my mind or believe me, it would wear on me. I'm driving an 11 year old vehicle. It sill looks great and drives good, but I sure would like a new one. The Chrysler 300C is the vehicle I really want. Maybe someday after I digest the chunk of money that I put down on the GC.
    Although the fore and aft movement of 2nd row StowNGo is nice, there appears to be very little "toe room" under either the seats for 3rd row passengers or even 2nd row passengers (under front seats). My 2002 T&C LX has better "toe room" for 2nd or 3rd row passengers than did the 2005 GC SXT and T&C minivans that I have sat in. The armrests of my 2002 T&C LX 2nd row bucket seats are wider and more comfortable than the 2005 2nd row seat armrests.
         I would prefer having the nice 60/40 split, fold-into-the-floor 3rd row seats without having the StowNGo 2nd row seats. I think 2nd row fold into the floor seats is overkill and would have preferred a larger fuel tank.
    hansienna- There is enough toe room in the 2nd and 3rd row of seats for me. I'm 5'9", but someone that is taller may not like the room.

The seats though are another subject. They are low-back so they can fit into the StowNGo compartment. In order to get comfortable in them, one HAS to move the headrest up. This is a must because the bottom of the headrest is on the seat in the down position and will stick you in your back if you don't move them up.

I agree with you. I believe the 2nd row seats should be regular captain chairs.
    You can still get a SE GC without stow and go, if that is your concern, however the third seat won't stow either, and of course these are less luxurious, though still very functional minivans.

Also, the short wheel base versions are still available with full size Captains chairs in the second row.

Funny, our 1996 short wheel base Caravan has never been a source of toe space complaints from passengers in the second row or the third for that matter, though the third row is rarely used, I must admit. This is a short wheel base van, which should be quite pinched for space and it is not. Not a huge space available, but with the upright seats, you don't really need a lot of fore aft space between rows.
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    I too would love to have the Chrysler minivan without the second row stow-n-go. Just 60/40 3rd row seat would be perfect for most people. heck, I even like the 2nd row bench seat more than the captain chairs - There is a lot of room between the sliding door and the seat (for an extra suitcase, for example), and my children are very satisfied with a bench seat. (and yes, I would also like a bigger fuel tank).

But you know, this is the only thing Chrysler features over the competition, so they will stay with all seats stow-n-go.

Perhaps in the next generation (2007 redesign??) Chrysler will have a wonderful van, well competing with the imports, then they will be able to eliminate the second row stowing seats and still be ahead of the game...

Who knows?
    The lack of toe room in Chryslers van is due to the stow-n-go seats, so the back part of the 2nd row seat goes until the floor, with no room to put 3rd row passengers toes under the seat as usual. It's not like lack of space or something, but just that design takes away any toe room.

Of course if you're using the van for children with safety seats it shouldn't be a big problem.
    I drive in my business a 2003 T&C. I found 2 things missing which I like on my 2002 Windstar.

1) Power accessory delay: When you shut off the engine, you still have 10 minutes to listen to the radio, open windows, and some other minor electronics. Of course, opening a door will cancel the delay feature. But in the T&C it will do the same for just about 30-40 seconds and then shut-off. Does it have a setting? Is 2005 the same, too?

2) Illuminated exit (if this is the right word): When you take out the keys of the ignition, the interior lamps comes on, to 'help' you exit. I'm so used to this feature, but the T&C don't have it. I would like to know if the 2005 T&C still does not have this feature.

My Windstar lease is almost over, and I'm thinking to replace it with a Chrysler/Dodge van. As a lease, I don't care about resale value and reliability since it's under warranty for the 3 years. Of course I don't want to sit at the dealer daily or weekly, but no van is that bad. Even my Windstar served me well, and I would even go with the Freestar if it would offer 60/40 rear folding seat, refined engine with better mileage.

So back to topic: Anyone with a 2005 Chrysler or Dodge minivan, can you please confirm my above concerns?

Thanks!
  • cbwilshacbwilsha Member Posts: 70
    I have a new 2005 T&C. The "Power Accessory Delay" is a feature but only for 45 seconds. If the radio is on, for example, it will turn off 45 seconds after the ignition is turned off. The electric windows,etc. are operable during this period.

The "Illuminated Exit" feature exists. All the internal lights come on when you open the door and then begin automatically dimming to off at 10 seconds after door is closed.

C.B.
    My 2002 T&C LX has power accessory delay after keys are removed until door is opened.
        It also has illuminated exit, time delay headlights, key fob locking and unlocking, and triple zone temperature control. My LX is one of the least expensive T&C.
        Businesses normally lease the cheapest, least equipped models. Does your T&C have bucket seats for 2nd row; 50/50 split and tumble 3rd row; Overhead console with compass/outside temperature and trip computer; and separately controlled temperature for driver, front passenger, and rear passengers with air conditioning vents in the ceiling above 2nd and 3rd rows and rear heater?
        If NOT, it is definitely a "stripped down" model.
  • masterpaul1masterpaul1 Member Posts: 421
    Man the T&C is just like our Our 2001 GC EX which has the power delay after the key is removed from the ignition. You can operate the windows and radio for about 40 seconds. We have the illuminated entry/exit system, which all the interior lights, except the two front map lights, turn on when any of the doors are open and then dim off after about 30 seconds when all doors have been closed. We have the 3 min. headlight time delay which is a good feature if you need to see in the dark after leaving the van. We have the key fob for locking and unlocking all doors, this includes the one power passenger door and liftgate. We have pretty much the same thing as the T&C just not a luxurious.
    When I asked "illuminated exit" I didn't ask if you open a door. Of course if you open a door the interior lights comes on. What I have in my Windstar is when you remove the key from the ignition (even while all doors are closed) the lights comes on for about 30 seconds. This is a very useful feature to me.

Now about the accessory delay, you agree that's just for about 40 seconds. In my Windstar it is 10 minutes, much more convenient. Not a deal breaker, though.

The headlight time delay is also very nice on the Chrysler vans. On the new Freestars, Ford introduced another good thing, when you press the unlock button on the remote, the "illuminated entry" feature turns the headlights on, too. So you can walk safely to your car in the dark. Chrysler still doesn't have that one. I guess every van has their own good things and shortcomings as well.
  • mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    Reading about the two features you identified, I wondered why someone would sit in the car after turning it off. Well, I guess there are plenty of possible reasons, but can't you do the same thing by turning the key to the accessory position of the ignition?
    The ten minute delay is just a minor convenience item. Say you shut off your car and pull the key, then notice you didn't roll up one window before you leave. You do not have to reinsert the key and turn it to accessory. My Taurus has it, our 1996 Caravan doesn't. However the Caravan has delay off headlights, and the Taurus doesn't.

Both of these are minor features which sure wouldn't be a deal killer.
    Your 2001 GC EX is NICER than my 2002 T&C LX. You have the 3.8L V6 and power sliding doors that I do not have. The T&C LX is clone of GC Sport and each has the smaller 3.3L V6 while the T&C EX is a step up from LX as the GC EX is a step up from GC Sport.
          I prefer to have the interior lights come on when door is opened and go off when the door is closed as cars did in the olden days.
    "I prefer to have the interior lights come on when door is opened and go off when the door is closed as cars did in the olden days..."

Every car today have it - interior lights come on when a door is opened and go off when it's closed.

The illuminated exit is just in addition of that.
    I would like to see some photos of the interior of the '05 Town & Country. Since Chrysler introduced the stow-n-go, all I see and hear is about that feature. I ordered a brochure by mail, and no single photo from the dash, front seats, etc. Same is with Dodge Caravan.

In the older brochures ('02 and '03) Chrysler used to mention almost every detail. Not anymore! Only few exterior photos and stow-n-go seats.

Can somebody give me a link where I can see clear photos. Other minivans, especially the Ody and Sienna have tons of photos everywhere!
    You can do an ebay search too for that vechicle and see actual photos of the vechicle (interior and exterior). It help me out a lot when me and my wife was in the market for a minivan last year.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We have a few (and some old video):

link

Steve, Host
    I prefer having the interior lights come on when door is opened and go off when the door is closed....and not wait 5, 10, 15, or however many seconds AFTER the door is closed.
         Door open and lights come on.
         Door closed and lights go off immediately.
    You see what I mean... Clicking your link brings up 6 photos, none of them from the dash or front seat!

Everything is the exterior and stow-n-go. Wherever you're looking.

I looked on e-bay too. Not many 2005's there, but may help a bit. Thanks anyway.
    Agree that Odyssey and Sienna brochures contain more information than those of the Grand Caravan/Caravan or Town & Country.
         Chrysler brochures have never contained the technical data found in both Odyssey and Sienna brochures and the Chrysler data is not organized as well for clarity.
         The Odyssey brochure has too many exterior views that add nothing to providing me the information I want.
         The Sienna has too many confusing options and many option groups are NOT even available for sale at the dealerships.
    Since most models are virtual clones, why do buyers prefer the Dodge version?
        Buyers also preferred the Dodge Caravan by a wide margin over the Plymouth Voyager and the Dodge Grand Caravan over the Plymouth Grand Voyager.
        At GM, buyers always preferred Chevrolet minivan label over Pontiac, Oldsmobile or GMC. Chevrolet has been perceived as being the lower price brand. At Ford, buyers also preferred the lower price Ford label over Mercury.
        Do most people feel there is MORE value with Dodge than with Chrysler?
        For 2005, the Dodge Grand Caravan SXT is a superior clone of the Chrysler Town & Country LX with more content and at a lower price (3.8L V6 vs 3.3L and Cast Wheels vs cheap plastic wheel covers).
    That's a good question hansienna. When me and my wife compared the 2001 DGC and T&C, we saw that they were pretty much a clone of each other. (They each had the same options, just at a different price.) The only difference that we saw was, the T&C was more luxurious then the DGC and cost more. I believe that DC and DGC sell more then T&C, because of the price difference. We chose the DGC over the T&C because of cost. (Even though the T&C looked more luxurious than the DCG). Luxury was not a need for us, since the DGC satisfied our need for a good looking van. It's kinda hard to put all that money into a luxurious vechicle that depreciates so much and that is not an investment. Another thing we were able to do, was pay cash for our vechicle, since we didn't want any car payments. We wouldn't have been able to do that with the T&C. So all in all, the T&C for us was just more luxurious.
    Exactly. It's the value of the Caravan over the T&C, and also more flexible packages.

Since I'm looking now to lease a new van to replace my Windstar, I was calling around and ask for prices (Price is my top priority here). I was told the Chrysler and Dodge minivans would be the best deal. Even the Freestars are priced higher (unless you take the leftovers from 2004).

So I tried my luck with a T&C Touring, and I asked to add the luxury package, b/c I need adjustable pedals (I am so used to that already in my Windstar) and the rear backup sensor, upgraded stereo and fog lights. - I was told that I need to get the 'leather' package first (which I hate) and add another $2000 something. So I said forget about it.

I went with Dodge Grand Caravan SXT w/ premium package (has all the above except for the Infinity stereo system which also requires leather - what's going on with these guys at Chrysler? Did they took a lesson from Toyota to make packages confusing, and require 20 features in order to get one other?) anyway, I got a better price on the Dodge (about $1,300 less).

Of course that T&C with Luxury package would be perfect for me - without the leather. I would love the better stereo, the exterior additions of body side cladding and some chrome, the nicer gauges inside, auto-dimming mirrors in and out. But if I have to take leather first, I am rather going to the Dodge Caravan.

Again, a message to all car manufacturers: Please leave 1) leather seats; 2) power sliding doors & Liftgate; 3) Navigation system; and 4) Rear DVD player STAND ALONE OPTIONS! that will satisfy most people! There are so many customers out there who love gadgets but not leather or don't need NAV systems (as they don't travel usually in unfamiliar places).

And especially the leather of the Chrysler/Dodge Caravan which is different than many other cars and feels like a school bus seat. If they would have butter-smooth leather like some other cars do have, I wouldn't mind to get it...

OK, I'm running out of (words) [time] - let me stop to talk that much. :-(
    Agree 100 % with samnoe.
         I do NOT want leather seats; power sliding doors & Liftgate; and Navigation. I also do NOT like the 2nd row "Stow-N-Go" seating.
         That is why I prefer the 2005 Odyssey EX over the Grand Caravan SXT or T&C LX.
         However, I do like my 2002 T&C LX complete overhead console with outside temp/compass and Trip Computer plus triple zone temperature control. Sadly, the 2005 Ody EX does NOT have the compass and trip computer. The Sienna options are an overpriced, sick joke.
    Leather seats were the #1 requirement for us having 2 small children. My son just threw up last week in the van. It was bad enough cleaning the leather, and simply unimaginable if we had to clean cloth seats. That's (hopefully) the worst case scenerio, but little kids spill things, as well as spew things.
    I had leather seats in my old 86 Lincoln Town Car and didn't like them one bit. They were to cold in the winter and I got burned by them in the summer. We have four kids and our van has cloth seats witch are easier to clean then leather. If our kids spill something, it will be absorbed in the cloth, instead of running between the seat cushion onto the floor. We have a Brissell Deep Cleaner with upholstery attachments that we use to clean the seats and floor in our vechicles. This works very well and leaves a nice clean smell. With leather, it just smells like leather all the time no matter what you clean it with. (I can't stand the smell of leather) You can purchase fabric guard for cloth seats and have the best of both worlds.
    I don't travel that much with my children on board, but at the times we do (usually no longer than 1-2 hour trips) my children are already "trained" that "NO FOOD ALLOWED" in the car. They eat, drink, use the bathroom before we travel, and there is no need to eat - with the exception of a candy sometimes - or drink while traveling.

They are also trained not to climb on the seats at all, especially with shoes. A big NO NO in my car. They know a car is not a playground, just a relaxing, loving place where they listen to some nice music or a conversation with their parents.

That's why my 2002 Ford Windstar lease is almost over, and my car still looks almost brand new, and many friends and relatives asked me recently "Is this a new car?", to which I answered "Yes, it was 3 years ago"! and that big WOW.... "it looks so good"...

So in my case I don't see the need for leather, especially that it's not comfy for the driver - although most leather seats are heated, but not cooled in hot summer days, and particular this Chrysler van leather is not comfortable at all. The 96-00 model years leather were much more smooth. But since 2001 it has been changed to a school-bus feel (IMO).

Anyway, if it is a stand-alone option as I mentioned above, it will be perfect for everybody. You take your choice and be happy.
    Can't train them not to vomit.....

I wouldn't trust anything to clean that off of cloth, either.

In my teenage years, a friend of mine threw up in the backseat of my Barracuda. Had to sell it
    Boy, your friend has some aim to totally throw up on the seats only and not the floor. Any way, I have used our Brissle rug cleaner to clean throw up off of the bed and floor from our children throwing up or using the bathroom in the bed. It has cleaned it like new with no smell or stain of what happened. Our van is three years old and still looks new both inside and out. We normally do no allow our kids to eat or drink in our vechicles. If they have anything to drink, it is water.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    An Edmunds.com reporter wants your opinion: “What are the coolest cars for soccer moms?” Please email jhelperin@edmunds.com with which vehicles you like and why. Please respond by this Monday, 11/8, with “soccer moms” in the subject line.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

We have been lucky. None of our children vomited while in any of our vehicles. We also do NOT permit eating or drinking in the vehicles except dry food like Ritz crakers and drink water.
         However, one grand daughter has vomited more than once in her parents van. We don't let her ride in our T&C.
    I have a new 2005 T&C. All the controls and switches in the center of the dash are backlit very nicely when the headlights are on. However, the lights and mirror switches on the left of the dash, all the drivers side door switches (except the drivers window switch), and the cruise control switches on the steering wheel are NOT backlit. I had a 1998 T&C and ALL the switches and controls were backlit.

Can someone check and see if their 2005 is the same or that I have a unique problem and they should be backlit?

Thanks,

C.B.
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Member Posts: 249
    It's called "de-contenting". They also did away with windshield wiper defroster grid, dual lift-gate lamps among other things.
    Yup, they eliminated many good things.

Do you have dual lamps on your sun visor or just one?

Is the visor mirror lamp brightness adjustable?

Do you have a visor extender?

Infinity stereo system has 10 speakers or now just 8?

Is your glove box lighted?

Too bad. All your answers will be negative. They have taken away so many good features, included these posted above (windshield wiper de-icer, dual liftgate lamps, and more.)

One lighted control they never had but most others do have them, is illuminated audio controls on the steering wheel. Did they ever have illuminated cruise control?

Chrysler used to offer on all vans fog lights. Now, you have to take the Limited (or Touring with the leather & luxury package) to get it.

Chrysler thinks that they will make up for all those things with stow-n-go seats. NO NO!
    Besides the above, how are you satisfied with the new van? Is it more quiet than your '98? Chrysler claims that the '05 models (w/stow-n-go) are 16% more quiet over the '04 models.

More powerful? Ride? did you notice a muffler noise like some other owners?

What else do you like/dislike?

Post everything, and let's hope Chrysler will listen up and change them in the 2007 redesign!
    Actually, Samnoe, my wife and I both are very pleased with the new van. It is much quieter than the 98. The seats are more comfortable. Although I had a 3.8 liter engine on the 98 and was apprehensive about getting a 3.3 liter on the 2005, I notice absolutely no difference in everyday riding including accellerating onto a freeway. And the transmission is the smoothest shifting automatic transmission I've ever had. (And my first auto trans was on a 1940 Oldsmobile! The first auto trans( Hydramatic) was on a 1939 Oldsmobile).

We like the ride and it seems to be somewhat more comfortable in that respect than the 98. We have no muffler noise problem. We have almost 2000 miles on ours and, so far, I have nothing to go back for on warranty repairs or adjustments. At this stage with the 98, I had a fairly lenghthy list of concerns because I tend to be very picky.

My only concern is the leaving off the "niceties" mentioned in my post and subsequent answers by you and others.

Thanks to all for the very prompt answers to my query.

C.B.

BTW, regarding the lack of controls backlighting, the good news is my wife and I both are now in our mid-seventies so we don't drive much at night anymore.
    Actually you shouldn't feel any performance difference between your old & new engine.

The 3.8L was making in '98 just 180 horsepower - the same the 3.3L makes today. The 3.8L today is rated for 215 horsepower.

In '96-'96 the 3.8L produced just 166 hp.

And did you also noticed that Chrysler eliminated the storage bins from the third-row? There is still a hole in the sidewall compartment, but no cover anymore.

And it's 2005 and there is still no cover for the bottom part of the dash, which is useless IMO. Even the Ford Freestar now have a standard cover so you can hide some things inside, like CD's or a small box of tissues. I would like to know any usage you can get of that big hole, below the cupholders.
    I just checked my 2002 T&C LX and it has dual visor lamps with adjustment for brightness; visor extenders; windshield de-icer; dual liftgate lamps; lighted switches on both front doors; illuminated controls left of steering wheel + retained power for radio, etc for 40 seconds after key is turned off; theater dimming lights; auto turn off headlights but NO illuminated glove box and no illuminated cruise controls on steering wheel.
         My lowly T&C LX also has 50/50 split fold forward 3rd row, 2nd row bucket seats, Triple Zone temperature control, complete overhead console with outside temp and compass + Trip Computer.
         My lowly T&C LX has MANY features not contained on more expensive Sienna LE and Odyssey EX.
         Too bad DaimlerChrysler is de-contenting as Honda and Toyota are slowly adding the features that DaimlerChrysler minivans have had for years.
         However, DC minivans still provide the nicest minivan for the money.
    2003 was the model year for de-contenting most features.

I drive a 2003 Town & Country in my business, among other cars.