Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan 2005+

Comments

• 1997montez341997montez34 Member Posts: 202
    Re: Flashing brights. Pull the control back but not far enough to make it click. This will flash the brights. I do it all the time.

Fully illuminated controls would definitely be nice but you get used to it very quickly and now I have no problem using the cruise at night.
  • belaircarguybelaircarguy Member Posts: 107
    We have owned a 2005 Limited for a little over 1 year (Purchased May 2004). The van now has about 18,000 miles. My wife drives this car daily, and I only drive it occasionally. I believe that both the gas mileage and acceleration have increased after about 10,000 mile break in period. I have been told that since this engine is a cast iron block, break in periods are not uncommon vs. some of the newer engine configurations, such as aluminum blocks. Don't know if that is true, but in our case it was correct. Give you van some time and mileage.
  • artsarts Member Posts: 5
    FYI - almost all aluminum block engines have iron cylinder liners. Therefor the breakin period in regard to aluminum block engines is no different than iron block engines.
  • wolfenwolfen Member Posts: 1
    I have a Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.3 L engine and a Town and Country Limited with the 3.8 L. There is a noticeable difference in acceleration if you romp on the 3.8 L but the 3.3 is completely adequate. I think that the 3.3 L is better matched to the 4 speed transmission and, therefore, smoother during acceleration - the 3.8 L engine seems to hit points of 'uncertainty' in shifting. In summary, I wouldn't worry about the engine but buy the car that fits your needs otherwise - both my vehicles (my Dodge and my wife's T & C) are excellent vehicles and I would buy them again with what I know now. I have read the criticism here and must say that I don't agree with any of the negatiave comments, especially the remark that the windshield washer is inadequate or worse than on some other vehicle - it is easy to use and extremely well designed.
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    My wife just drove a new Sienna CE which with the rebate is priced about the same as a T&C, the T&C has more features but the Toyota has a superior reputation in most circles...no offence to this forum intended. Well the Sienna was too big so she drove the T&C. She feels that is too big as well but she drove a T&C SMALL van....I guess they still make the old Voyager size. The base van was about 19k out the door. That is a hell of a price. Still it does not have the fold down seat and anti- lock bralkes and several other goodies, which when and if added in make the bigger van or another vehicle more appealing...of course we may not need the goodies.....

Does anyone have this 'mini' minivan and what do you think. How much more will it cost come Sept? I heard the employee pricing goes away then. On the other hand I could have swore I pulled up pricing for this van months ago on Edmunds and it came up about the same price....perhaps it had a bigger rebate back then.

I do not want to be pressured into this van over the next two weeks if the price will not substantially rise thereafter....you guys should know the goings on with Chrysler and its rebates...what do you thing.

I also heard the Dodge's were cheaper but they apparently do not make the 'shorter' mini van anymore.

(Note, we have not had a Chrysler since some pretty pathetic experiences with a Sundance and Neon sime time ago, thus my apprehension on the product line)
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    DaimlerChrysler still makes the short wheel base Dodge Caravan and appears, per Edmunds, to be continuing that model for 2006 model year.

We have had two Dodge short wheel base minivans, my wife drives it most of the time, in our family since 1985. Our current one is a 1996 SE Sport with the 3.3 L V-6. We like it for its all around utility in a fairly compact package. Won't hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood with the gate closed, but still pretty cavernous with both rows of seats removed, or even just the third row removed-compared to any sedan.

Except for a costly AC repair, our 1996 has been basically trouble free, now at well over 80K miles.

If you are interested in short wheel base version, I would recommend going with the Caravan SXT version which has the 3.3 V-6 standard, and ABS is an option. The 2.4 4 cylinder engine is too underpowered for this vehicle, in my opinion and does not improve mileage much, if any.

Stow and Go seats are not available on the short wheel base versions of Dodge or Chrysler minivans, however. There is just not enough floor pan length available for those storage pockets!

Note when perusing the internet, Edmunds, or dealer listings, the Caravan is the short wheel base version. The Grand Caravan is the long wheel base version.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether employee pricing is available or not. What with the strong competition out there, good bargains will be available either on leftover 2005 models or 2006 models if you are patient enough. Minivans, after all, are not particularly "hot" models where the people who have to have the latest and greatest are bidding up the price.
  • dgc05ownerdgc05owner Member Posts: 3
    Upon taking my van to the dealer for the 4th time to repair a rattle coming from under the vehicle, I was informed I needed new front brakes! I went back and got the brakes done, and I still have the rattle after 5 tries.

I purchased this van in Feb/Mar of 2004 (probably one of the first batch of 05's to hit the market). I had put only 13,300 miles on it when they said I needed brakes. I had always noticed excessive brake dust on the wheels, but I figured it was due to the openings on the wheels which allow you to see right into the rotor and pads. Now I think it was due to crappy brake pads! I have 2 friends who recently purchased this van and they are seeing the same on their wheels. I am curious if there are other 05 caravan owners who are noticing this same excessive build up of brake dust. If so, you should get your dealer to check your brakes before 12,000 miles...that's when the warranty expires for your brakes. I cost me $200.00 to have this repair done and I have not seen the brake dust since. Did they skimp on the brake pads in production????? I wonder.
    I have experienced the same grind and smoke problem in the past, although they did not occur simultaneously.

I heard the grind about 5 seconds after pulling out of my driveway, just as I pressed the "recirculate air" button for the a/c. That was about 3 months ago and I have not heard it again since.

About 3-4 weeks ago I pulled into a gas station and turned off the ignition without turning off the a/c and the same white smoke billowed out of my front center vents. I started the van again and turned it off again and the smoke continued until I turned off the a/c. I have not had this happen again, even though I have turned off the ignition without turning off the air many, many times. When I turn the ignition off the power/radio stays on for 30 seconds but the air does not.

Did you ever get a diagnosis for these problems?
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    See TSB 02-003-05 for rattle/knocking sound from fron suspension of 2001-2005 vans. Replaces both sway bar bushings at the frame.

I don't think you needed brakes!!!!!!!!!
  • 1997montez341997montez34 Member Posts: 202
    THis is common, especially with european cars. I think they may be using the Mercedes-Benz brake pads in the minivans! LOL!

Seriously, I wash my van every few weeks, so the brake dust never really becomes an issue. We've had our '05 DGC SXT since Thanksgiving 2004 and we absolutely love it!
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    The Sienna has LESS interior space than the T&C or GC altho it does have more cargo space behind the 3rd row.
    I test drove a 2004 Sienna recently and it had MUCH more acceleration than my 2002 T&C LX 3.3L at speeds above 40 or 45 MPH. I test drove a 2005 GC SXT with 3.8L in early 2004 and did not notice much better acceleration than in my 02 T&C with 3.3L....but the new 2005 GC SXT was too new for me to stomp hard on the accelerator out of respect for the person who may buy it. :blush:
    The Sienna CE is a fairly stripped minivan lacking many nice comfort features of most DC minivans altho it does have more powerful engine with an outstanding 5 speed Automatic transmission. I could not be satisfied with a Sienna CE after owning my nice, used 2002 T&C LX which is one of the lower priced DC minivans. ;)
  • drgpetdocdrgpetdoc Member Posts: 5
    On three occasions I heard a loud noise on starting the vehicle. It sounds like it comes from the middle of the dashboard. Almost like Loud static from a radio that isn't tuned to a station. It could be coming from the engine compartment. Within 20-30 seconds the noise stops. I thought it might be some interference between the radio and uconnect hands free speaker phone. However I was able to speak on the speaker phone while the noise was going on.. The dealer tells me to leave the car with him, but of course it will probably never duplicate the problem. Has anyone else had a similar noise problem?
  • marine2marine2 Member Posts: 1,155
    What strikes me more than anything is the wiring that is visible in areas where you wouldnt expect to see it. Examples: behind side view mirrow on drivers side- wires visible in the gap between mirror and housing (2 red 1 white), between headlamp on drivers side and front fascia (orange&black), the wiring harness for the pwr sliding doors.

I have the sister to it, the Dodge GC. and don't see any exposed wires in the places you mentioned. Everything seems to fit together well with no gaps to see any exposed wires.

I have owned several Chrysler products in the last 25 years. I can say so far, this van has a better fit and finish than any of their other products I have owned. So far it has been trouble free in the eight months I have had it. That has surprised me some, with all the electronics on it.
  • all4joall4jo Member Posts: 1
    hello i just brought a 2005 town n country limited , my sticker price was 37,190
    and the lowest i got it to was 31.370.
    anyways my van does have the gps navigation radio RB1 but it does not have sirius which i really want. has anyone had any experience upgrading to sirius? i called around and pretty much everyone wants close to $300 for the tuner and the install kit ,,plus $140 for installation. i just think this is allot of money.
    thanks
    JOse
    They already performed TSB 02-004-05 but not the one you mentioned. I'll look into it-thanks.

I did get the brakes replaced and got the old pads-they were very worn. I no longer have the excessive brake dust. In fact I have hardly seen any dust since having this done, around 3 weeks ago. Sure makes me think they use very low quality pads in production. I highly recomend any owner noticing excess brake dust to have their brakes checked prior to reaching 12,000 miles!
  • mac21567mac21567 Member Posts: 1
    We bought the brand new 2005 caravan in May of 2004. I have noticed the excessive brake dust since day one. It has nothing to do with keeping it cleaned. It takes one trip to have dust that is thick and black. It took me 3 cleaners to figure out how to get rid of it. I also have a loud squeaking noise that happens after the van is warmed up whenever I steer. It is very, very loud. I was wondering if it is related to the brake dust issue. Anyone else have this problem?? :(
  • drgpetdocdrgpetdoc Member Posts: 5
    This is an update on the strange noise I heard from my 2005 Town& country.
    I originally heard the noise on start up. Now I've heard the noise on a few occasions when I was sitting in the car with the engine off. The noise sounds like a loud buzzing type noise that seems to be coming from the area where the center dash vents are. Its not exactly a buzz but it's pretty loud and lasts about ten seconds.Anyone out there have a similar experience? It almost sounds like an electric switch activating..
    No problem like that with my 2005. Going on 9 months now and so far, everything works as advertised. I'd take it to the dealer. Won't cost you anything.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    I'm wondering if Dodge is adopting the Germany mentality to brake design here. On my BMW, I get lots of brake dust etc.... This is typical for German cars. On many German cars, the brakes and the rotors wear at the same time creating lots of dust. When you need brake pads you also need rotors (NEW, not turned) and it's very expensive$$$$$. I hear this provides better braking - both rotors and brakes wearing evenly????? Now that DCX is basically German owned....I wonder (I'm probably very wrong here :)
  • bucknekkidbucknekkid Member Posts: 2
    Hey guy I use this resource for all of my 2005 Dodge GC, I find their prices very competitive and everything they sell is Mopar stamped and manufactured just for Dodge so there is no modifying anything on your vehicle. They sell the sirius system on this web site. link title
  • bucknekkidbucknekkid Member Posts: 2
    Hey does anyone out there have a good resource for high end performance on these 2005 Dodge Grands? :confuse: What I would like to do is maybe reprogram the computer so I can "try" to get better gas mileage and on the other end of the spectrum make more power when I want to. :P My van currently gets about 18MPG average city/highway together over about a 2000 mile span. I currently have only put a K&N filter in it and I am eyeing some better spark plugs and maybe heavier plug wires. Other then that I cannot find much out there in performance.

BTW this is my second Dodge my last one was a 98 sport and I am totally convinced that there is no other minivan out there that can compete in looks, fit and finish, design and reliability. Dodge/Chrysler have the market, hook line and sinker! :)
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    You are looking for High end performance parts for a Minivan? Are you sure you are in the right forum? I have NEVER heard of such!!!
    A buddy of mine at DCX, Ralph Gilles, lead designer for new 300 and Magnum, is into racing on weekends. When he got his big promotion at DCX 5 years ago, he had to sell his tricked out VW Corrado for a DCX vehicle. At the same time his wife was pregnant and wanted a Minivan.

Soooo what does he do? He buys a Dodge Caravan, puts the 250hp V6 from last 300 in it, adds Viper brakes and wheels, modifys it completely!! I'd bet he had 300hp by time he was done!! Talk about sleeper car!!!! Plain old white caravan!!!!
  • boesman1boesman1 Member Posts: 47
    Ok, lets just do a poll here on the 05 T&C, I have had me for about a month and the brake dust is the worse I have ever seen on any vehicle that I ever owned !

Lets face it, a car looks good when the wheels are clean and I pride myself in the shape I maintain my cars and trucks. The T&C creates incredible amounts of brakes dust on BOTH front and rear wheels. :mad: The condition is worse than on my high performance cars. I have noticed alot of other 2005 T&C's with the same problem. It would be nice to have wheels that stay reasonably clean for 300 or 400 miles. These are the WORST, I am getting too old to be cleaning my wifes wheels weekly as I have enough trouble keeping up with my truck and sports car.

Would love to hear from others if this is a very COMMON problem and if so what the cause and whats the fix. This annoys me so much that I am considering paying my mechanic to put in ceramic pads for me, which is the solution I used on my last truck when someone else put in cheap pads. Ceramics would go a month and still look decent after 5 -7 hundred miles.

Just my two cents
    I have also noticed the problem and a friend's 2000 GC LE alloy wheels have become a badly corroded, ugly brownish-orange color. :cry:
    However, another friend has 80,000 + miles on a 99 GC with alloy wheels. The alloy wheels are NOT discolored and not corroded and the van still has the original pads (rear brakes are drum). :confuse:
    I HATE the problem but the separately controlled temperature for driver and front passenger are such a nice luxury that I got the used 2002 T&C LX after comparing one son's 2001 Ody EX and another son's 2002 GC Sport. This one feature is NOW an item my wife and I could never be without...and we also like the complete overhead console that is NOT on any Odyssey. :cry:
    I get a fair amount of dust on my 2005 DGC, but it doesn't upset me that much. If it does you, for peace of mind, get the ceramic pads. Keeps the blood pressure down.
    Yeah, I don't like the dust but have seen much worst - my 2001 BMW is 10 times worst.

German car makers/engineers prefer that pads and rotors wear evenly. When you replace pads you must replace (not turn) rotors too! This causes a lot of dust. I wonder if DCX is heading that way? I don't have a clue though, just guessing!

Could be the pads are coming from China, are made of cow sh*t and that's the reason :)
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    My 2005 T&C Touring gets a lot of brake dust front and rear, but no more so than these vehicles I've driven over the last 5 years:

2000 Ford SVT Contour
    2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4
    2004 Dodge Stratus SXT
    2004 Chrysler Pacifica
    2005 Jeep Liberty

The Pacifica was marginally better with the chrome-plastic wheels.

My 2002 Lexus IS300 brake pads were great. Those wheels never looked dirty from brake dust, and I'd sometimes go 1000 miles between washes. My 1999 Ford F-150 Supercab 4x4 was pretty good, but it had chrome-plastic wheels too. I think Ford changed the pads between 1999 and 2003.

I replaced my 99 F-150 front brake pads with Napa Ceramix and the rotors from Autozone, and the rotors warped in less than a year. Then I bought appropriate rotors and they are still good after 30k miles. Anyway, my point is that ceramic pads retain heat longer than semi-metallic which can be a bad match with some rotors.
    I looked at my power steering level in our '05 T&C Touring and decided to top off. I read the owners manual and realized Chrysler recommends Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF+4) in the power steering resivoir. I went to pick some ATF+4 at my local car parts and they only had ATF+3. I asked the Associate and he said ATF+3 would work fine for the power steering. I would NEVER use ATF+3 in the transmission, but what are your thoughts about using it for power steering fluid? Is there that much of a difference between ATF+3 and ATF+4?
  • dwelterdwelter Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my 2005 Chrysler T&C Touring and I've got a couple of questions for you pros.
    My Olds Van had a tray built into the top of the dash that was very handy. Any after market items that attach to the dash of the T&C?
    Has anyone attached their I-pod to the stereo system? What's the best route?
    I have two dogs and I'd like to protect the back of the van from scratches... anyone been there?
    Thanks for your time in advance.
    I can only help you with the Ipod connectivity. If you have the standard Touring radio w/ tape, I recommend a cassette adapter. Easy, inexpensive, and decent sound quality. I use one with my satellite radio tuner.
    I looked at my power steering level in our '05 T&C Touring and decided to top off. I read the owners manual and realized Chrysler recommends Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF+4) in the power steering resivoir. I went to pick some ATF+4 at my local car parts and they only had ATF+3. I asked the Associate and he said ATF+3 would work fine for the power steering. I would NEVER use ATF+3 in the transmission, but what are your thoughts about using it for power steering fluid? Is there that much of a difference between ATF+3 and ATF+4?

It may work, but why not just go to a Dodge dealer and buy it from them? I am sure their parts dept. have just what you need. It might pay to have a can or two around anyway, in case you ever have to add it to your tranny.
  • kfdmedkfdmed Member Posts: 130
    My van has the same symptoms as yours at cold start up. I bought a quart of ATF+4 from the dealer ($6.29 what a rip) and went to add it and but cant find the reservoir input. Care to clue me in?
    The resevoir should be towards the center of the engine compartment. The power steering resevoir will have a pictoral of a steering wheel on it.
    I must be blind. I looked at the engine compartment for 5 minutes and couldn't find it. I will look again tonight.
  • vanbuyer2vanbuyer2 Member Posts: 19
    I have just test driven a 2005 White T&C Limited and was VERY impressed with the luxury details and the nice ride. Are there any limited owners out there that care to comment on likes/dislikes for the limited model? Also, are there any Honda/Toyota owners who made the jump to Chrysler that would like to comment on their overall satisfaction with the Chrysler product?

And finally, the Touring is a little less expensive. Can it be had with leather and the nav?
    I sat inside a 2006 T&C Limited this week and it appeared very nice. I am an owner of a 2002 T&C LX which is at the opposite end of the spectrum vs T&C Limited.
    Having looked very closely at new T&C, Grand Caravan, Odyssey, and Siennas, I do not feel that the DC minivan interior looks as elegant as the interior of the Odyssey and Sienna. The leather in T&C Limited is not as soft and supple as the others. There is more hard plastic in the T&C Limited than in Sienna XLE or Odyssey EX or Touring. The Chrysler T&C Limited still has an old fashioned 4 speed AT while the Odyssey and Sienna have a more responsive 5 speed AT.
    Nevertheless, for me the DC minivans offer more important features at a lower price than either the Odyssey or Sienna.
    Last time I looked, the T&C Touring and GC SXT can be purchased with both leather and Nav but the T&C/GC Nav screen is smaller than the Nav screen in the others.
    Last time I looked, the T&C Touring and GC SXT can be purchased with both leather and Nav but the T&C/GC Nav screen is smaller than the Nav screen in the others.

I believe DCX is going to 8" screen for 06? Still a little smaller than Honda's 9" one.

I sorta like the hard plastic for my situation....camping, hauling stuff and dogs. I'd have the Honda interior trashed in a few months I think, and be worried about using it :)
    The T&C navigation screen is small maybe 5". The video screen is 7". If you want a larger navigation and video screen you should probably go with the Honda. That is if you want to shell out the extra 6K+.
    See what happens when I comment on these forums before my coffee!!!!

I almost got the Nav in my Dodge but decided it wasn't worth it, considering small display etc... I picked up a Garmin GPS for $600 with same size display as OEM but it's portable between my vehicles
    My 02 T&C has nice cloth on the back of the front seats but I would prefer the hard plastic since grandchildren love to put their feet up against the seats. :cry:
    Hard plastic is better for many situations as dennis has indicated.
    After closely looking at minivans, I am convinced that DC minivans provide the features most people want at the best price.
    If we were to buy a new 2006 minivan, it would probably be the short wheel base Caravan SXT and just not take as many clothes, snacks, books, etc. on trips that we have been taking.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    veritasusa, your posts have been moved here:

Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler minivan problems

ClaireS, Host
    Vans & Minivans | Coupes & Convertibles

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• veritasusaveritasusa Member Posts: 72
    Thank you. But I notice that the "Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler minivan problems" forum doesn't show up in the list of forums when one goes through the menu sequence Chrysler - Town and Country. Could someone arrange it so that it does? Thanks
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Thanks for letting me know -- it should be easier to find now :-)

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• hraohrao Member Posts: 78
    Can anyone tell me what does come standard on the base Town & country Touring
    2005 Chrysler Town & Country & GC SXT Safety features, everything is a STANDARD on the Limited

Minivan-first driver-side inflatable knee blocker
    The knee blocker inflates in conjunction with air bag deployment to help position the driver relative to the air bag and offers additional upper leg protection.

Three-row supplemental side-curtain air bags
    Three-row, A- to D-pillar side-curtain air bags provide full-length coverage for all rows of seats. The side-curtain extends protection to all outboard passengers. Both side-curtain air bags have independent impact sensors, which trigger the air bag on the side where impact occurs.

Advanced multi-stage front air bags
    These air bags provide enhanced protection for a greater range of occupants at various deployment levels, based on the severity of an impact. The front passenger air bag is also equipped with a standard occupant classification system.

Occupant Classification System (OCS)
    The OCS determines the conditions for activation or deactivation of the passenger-side front air bag, based on the weight of the occupant.

Minivan-first standard door alert
    The alert signal lights activate when the power sliding doors or manual sliding doors are in operation, signaling that occupants are getting in or out of the vehicle.
    BeltAlert
    This system periodically activates a chime and illuminates a light in the instrument cluster to remind unbelted drivers to buckle up.

Rear park assist
    This rear obstacle detection system offers an audible warning and rear overhead display.

Child seat anchor system
    Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) help ease the installation of compatible aftermarket child seats.

Enhanced accident response system
    This system makes it easier for emergency personnel to identify a vehicle and reach the occupant by turning on the interior lighting and unlocking the doors after air bag deployment.

Constant force retractors (CFR)
    CFRs are engineered to force-limit the belt system and gradually release seat belt webbing in a controlled manner during a severe impact.

Pretensioners
    During a collision, the front seat belt pretensioners electronically sense a crash and immediately remove slack from the seat belts, thereby reducing the forward movement of the occupant's upper body.

Energy-absorbing steering column
    The innovative stroking steering column uses "release capsules," which allow the column to move forward for enhanced energy absorption during a crash. The column also features "tuned" metal bend straps that deform during column stroke for optimal energy management.

Front crush sensors
    Two sensors located below the headlamps measure the severity of an impact and relay crash information to safety systems in the occupant compartment.

Tire pressure monitoring system
    This advanced system monitors the pressure inside each tire and alerts the driver to improper tire pressure conditions.

Anti-lock braking system
    Equipped with electronic sensors that prevent wheel lockup, the system offers improved steering control under extreme braking and/or slippery conditions
    Side curtain airbags and rear park assist are optional on the Touring. The rest is standard. Dunno about the base T&C.
  • wesmocwesmoc Member Posts: 2
    I was considering replacing the radio in our 2005 Chrysler Town & Country (Touring, with DVD/CD 6 disc changer). I was looking for one that plays MP3's.

Now, I have found replacement radios (I didn't want to go with the $500 Chrysler one!) and faceplates that would fit in to the space, but I haven't found anything that says it will actually work with the CD/DVD changer. I spoke to one sales rep (at an on-line retailer) who said that he didn't know of any radios that would be able to control the stock CD/DVD changer.

Is this true? Would I have to replace the CD/DVD changer in addition to the CD/AM/FM Radio?! Is there no CD/AM/FM/MP3 radio out there that (1) is decent, (2) is not $500 (like the Chrysler one), and (3) works with the factory changer?
  • dm3dm3 Member Posts: 25
    Is there a Chrysler radio that plays mp3s? I asked Chrysler and they said there wasn't. It would be appreciated if you could provide a pointer to it.
    If you did replace the radio, do the steering wheel controls still work? I haven't found a replacement radio that would allow them to work.
    My current plan was to wait for Chrysler to come out with an mp3 capable radio some day and install that.
  • vango05vango05 Member Posts: 12
    Don't be fooled into thinking your minivan can sub for a SUV. Some Chrysler and Dodge vans have the air intake located under the front bumper. Drive through deep water and it will suck up the water into your engine! :(
    I'm installing a DCX center console this weekend from Mopar, I wanted a little more storage space and power outlets. This adds 2 additional outlets....so I can plug in all my toys on roadtrips (iPod, Cell, Radar and GPS).

It looks fairly str8 forward...anyone have any experience with this?? Trickiest part is cutting carpet to fasten mounting bracket. It comes with "detailed" instructions but they're mostly detailed pictures, and no verbage!!

BTW - if you go to any DCX website, they're having $25 rebate on accessories over $200...not bad!

I'll keep everyone posted.