Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    I have emailed six dealers in the Atlanta area and the best I've been quoted is about $500 over invoice in an '06 3 s 4-door with no options. The price is $16,825 + ttl for a grand total of $17,983.

Your deal of $100 over invoice sounds very good for an '06. When I test drove one this weekend, the dealer was trying to get me to look at a red '05 3 i on the showroom floor. It only had a/c and automatic and they were selling it for $12,999. If only I could deal with roll down windows and automatic, that would be a steal.
  • theborgata28theborgata28 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2006 Mazda3 S GT for $100 over invoice. This was an absolute steal in the Philadelphia area considering only 1 dealership would offer me that price. But I was also very patient in negotiating over a period of a week. Everyone else quoted me at the least $300 over invoice.

I was also able to use the ACOG and Zoom Zoom coupon to get $1000 off, and there was a dealer offer for a $100 gift card to Wawa (for those not in the mid-atlantic region, Wawa is a 711-like store, but better). I had the Gerber on hand as well, however, they did some research and made some phone calls and it could not be combined with the ACOG coupon. The explanation was b/c ACOG and Gerber are both private coupons (Zoom Zoom is public) and only one private coupon can be used, but can be combined with as many public offers as possible. Those of you who got away with using both ACOG and Gerber, consider yourselves lucky and I'm quite jealous. :)
  • hkb322hkb322 Member Posts: 4
    i just got a couple "final" quotes on a 2006 mazda3 S, auto transmission, SAB/SAC pkg, and wheel locks - the best today was $16,834. i believe invoice is $17,449? what do you think?

another interesing offer today was $16,900 for a copper red one - i like the color but fear it'll be too flashy re: speeding tickets and resale value, haha.

re: ACOG coupon - i physically have the ad in hand but am still waiting for the confirm from mazda, arghhh. i requested it on monday - seriously praying it'll get to me by tmw, since everyone's saying it expires then. so it really is a code unique to each customer??? sucks, i wanted to "borrow" s/one else's :P
  • mdaffronmdaffron Member Posts: 4,421
    i just got a couple "final" quotes on a 2006 mazda3 S, auto transmission, SAB/SAC pkg, and wheel locks - the best today was $16,834. i believe invoice is $17,449? what do you think?

What do we THINK? Are you mad? SIX HUNDRED BUCKS UNDER INVOICE???

GO GRAB THAT CAR!!! :D

And welcome to the fold, fellow new 3 owner! :shades:

Meade
    i LOVE your vote of confidence!!!!

AND i just got my confirm from mazda two minutes after reading your mssg - you guys must be my lucky charm!!!

:shades:
  • mdaffronmdaffron Member Posts: 4,421
    But here we're really just a bunch of Froot Loops.

Zoom Happy!

Meade
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    hkb322 - Watch out for the add-ons.
  • casandranowcasandranow Member Posts: 14
    Hey gang.

Just getting into the 3 pricing and whatnot, but I've been looking to lease. We only have one local Mazda dealership around here, and the salesman quoted me around $339 a month for a 3S Touring 06 model. That seemed REALLY off to me for a 48 month lease, considering for a Cobalt, which was just around $1000 less the monthly payment for the same term was less than $230.

I wanted to see if I could find the Money Factor and residual so I could compute the lease price myself but I'm having no luck. Any suggestions on the next course of action here would be very appreciated.
  • pete22pete22 Member Posts: 80
    Thats a great price. I couldn't find a single internet quote under invoice which is also the S-Plan price I get through work. So I am planning on using the S-plan since I can go through any dealer at invoice. But 16,834 is great, I'm just going to get a 2006 i, auto, wheel locks (without the SAB/SAC package) and the best I can do is arounf 16,534. So like I said thats great for only 300 more since you also get the bigger engine, 5 speed transmission, better seats, and better trim.
    Let us know if they end up giving you the price or bait and switch you as I already had internet quotes do that to me since my search began.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559
    Try posting your lease questions here:

Mazda3: Lease Questions

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mandymusikamandymusika Member Posts: 42
    hey everyone,
    wondering if anybody can comment on how much they paid in canada. looking at an 06 3 sport with luxury package and all bells and whistles. i'm getting a quote of $27,000 CAD. They are working off MSRP. anybody know the invoice on this model? hoping i can get a better deal than this.
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    You may want to give some additional details (example, is this a manual or automatic, and what bells and what whistles).
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    Congrats on your new ride....You'll love it!!
  • mandymusikamandymusika Member Posts: 42
    sorry. i'm looking for a manual, with luxury package and moonroof, loaded. thanks.
  • poopspoops Member Posts: 223
    Which dealership did you get the deal from? You can respond privately to alomeda1@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Adam
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    Ok, So I got a dealer to give me the Mazda3i Touring with Automatic for $16K. The invoice I believe is $16400. Should I go for it. Combined with Gerber and zoom zoom I think its a good buy.

Is the Mazda3 better than the compettive models? I just have not done much research but someone who knows can answer then cool.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559
    No need to email privately... You can post the dealership name and location here... Just no names or contact information...

Also, it is not a good idea to post your e-mail address in your message.. Spambots can get it, and fill up your inbox..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    ... and no web site info. :cry:
  • tesk0001tesk0001 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought one tonight on the last day of the month from Tom Bush Mazda in Jacksonville, FL

2006 Mazda3 S Grand Touring Sedan Black Mica/Black Leather
    Automatic
    Rear Wing Spoiler
    MoonRoof/Bose system/Cd changer
    Cargo Net
    Wheel Locks

$22,500 out the door.
  • dxudxu Member Posts: 7
    I am using Edmunds TMV to get my price and I want to know if anyone has comments:

2006 3i Touring Edition with AT OR 2006 3i with AT and AC

For the Touring I am getting 17,207 and the base I am getting 15,8210.

I can't decide which to get. Im getting one in the summer, as a junior in College. I need somewhat low monthly payments (less than $230) and I have $3,000 to put down.

Bring on the criticism!!!

DU
    That sounds like a very good deal on an i Touring. $400 under invoice is a good bit better than any dealer around me will offer at the moment. It's also well under Edmunds TMV price.

As far as competitive models- if you're looking for a sporty car with a "premium" feel I don't think you can go wrong. I've been considering the 3 as well as Honda Civic and low-end Accord models and I'm leaning very heavily toward the Mazda. The 3 has more power than a lot of competitors and handles better than most, too.

Good luck!
    You're not buying until next summer, is that correct?

Even at the TMV price for the base 3i and your down payment, your payments will be in the $270-280 range. You can look up a car payment calculator online if you want and it'll let you fill in all your numbers to get a payment estimate.

If you're looking to buy now, I'd say grab an '05 3i leftover. I saw one last weekend, brand new 3i with AT and AC only for $12,999. If I wanted automatic and could deal with roll up windows, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

Good luck!
  • tesk0001tesk0001 Member Posts: 2
    I considered the new civic sedan but the features and style of the Mazda3 won me over. In the past, I'd of never considered a Mazda but it seems they've really improved on their image and quality.

The wait is killing me. I made the deal with my salesman on Friday, paid for it Saturday and the car won't be ready for pickup until Monday.
  • dxudxu Member Posts: 7
    What about if I am financing for 72 months..I forgot to add that in. I think though that I am going with the base 3i with AC and AT..If I have a little extra maybe the ABS pkg. but I learned to drive in a car without in the snow, rain, etc, so I probably wont get it. This means my payments should be around say 215?
    You figured the invoice wrong though. The 2006 with touring package and automatic which is the same car I'm looking at has an invoice at
    16,331.00 but somehow in Southern California where I'm at it's 16470. Anyway you can look it up at this link (sorry don''t know how to paste a link so you'll have to copy and paste) "http://www.nationalcorporatepricing4u.com/CarResearch.htm".
    Anyway if you ask for intenet quotes I had several dealers offer me invoice pricing which saves over 700 dollars. Good luck
  • sunsh05sunsh05 Member Posts: 8
    I'm almost definitely going to buy a '06 Mazda3s (but need to confirm pricing before I'm 100% there). Does anyone know whether buying at the end of the month is still a better deal? If so, in general, what's the approximate dollar difference? Obviously it's now the beginning of the month and I'd rather not wait, but I will if the general consensus is that I'll save additional $$. Thanks for any input!!
    I was calculating at 60 months. I try to discourage folks from 72 month loans when possible (but when a low payment is the most important thing, it is an option). At least at the moment the interest rate on 72 months is about the same as for 60 months.

You would be smart to add the ABS option. It should get you a discount on your insurance premiums and is a great safety feature to have.

You may find that since you only want AT, AC and ABS it's easier to get a good deal than if you were going for a loaded model. Right now, several dealers in Atlanta have a handful of basic 3 i's with only AC (some AT, some 5-speed). The more optioned ones sell much better.

Good luck!
    Do your research and once you establish a fair price for the model you want, STICK TO IT! If one dealer won't go for it, try another. I'm betting someone will bite as long as your numbers are realistic. That way you won't have to wait.

My experience has been that "end of month" deals are beneficial mainly to the kind of buyer who doesn't negotiate well. The educated consumer can get the same deal any time of the month.

Good luck! You're getting a great car!
  • tonymazdatonymazda Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a 2005 3i (Auto + A/C) MSRP: $15,990 at a local dealer in Texas. Should I expect a lower price than the Edmund's TMV since it's a 2005? By how much? Thanks in advance.
    TMV for the '05 with AT and A/C is $15,104. I'm thinking you could probably do a little better than that. I'd offer $14,500 plus tax, tag title.

KBB.com is actually showing the value as $14,596. They also have a feature to email dealers for quotes from their site. You might want to check it out.

Good luck!
    the end of the month generally worked in terms of nogotiating lower. Than said you should try to get internet no-haggle pricing through edmonds and autobytel to name two. I would try at least 3 or 4 of ther internet quote sites. I was offered invoice on 2006 by at least 3 local dealers in Southern California. Another option is to just email the dealers internet department direct and request a no-haggle quote through their internet department. I never was quoted better than invoice on a 2006 so I don't think you could do better any time of the month.
  • rsf222rsf222 Member Posts: 4
    I am planning to purchase a 2006 Mazda3s Sedan touring edition next week and am not getting good info on how much some of the extras cost. I have received two quotes from different dealers for the model mentioned above (with AT and the moonroof/CD Changer option) around $18,500-$18,800 but I can't seem to get a price yet on what it would cost to add satellite radio or xenon headlights. Mazda has yet to update its site, and Edmunds doesn't have pricing on these options. Also, does anyone know if I can just take the satellite-ready car to a Best Buy or Circuit City and get the satellite radio installed independently? I'd rather not pay $300 or more for the factory installed version if I can get a clean install for $150, especially if the aftermarket version would work with the factory stereo through the "AUX" button.
    Unfortunately, Xenon headlamps are available (standard) only on the "Grand Touring" model for '06. That model also includes leather and a few other upgrades over the "Touring". In '05, there was a Xenon/Tire Pressure Monitoring System package available.

Not sure about the satellite radio, but from what I understand the one you'd buy at Best Buy is just as good as the one from the dealer. The only exception are cars that come from the factory with it installed- those are usually more integrated. I'd save the bucks and go to Best Buy or Circuit City.
    my latest purchase seemed to have been helped along by the fact that it was the 29th of the month. i had been in contact with dealers for at least 2 weeks prior, but whereas a lot of salesguys had been taking it easy the 10 or so days before, suddenly on the 28th and 29th i was bombarded with "follow-up" emails and phone calls, and they seemed much more inclined to go a little lower on price...and desperate to outbid each other. the majority of quote changes came in to me during these 2 days as well.

also, one dealer who had been reluctant to give me a lower price earlier ended up doing so immediately after i told him i'd be able to buy before the 30th. that said s/thing to me (even if i didn't end up buying from him!)

personally i think it's easiest to start talks in the middle of the month and plan on moving at the end - the talks period lets them know you're serious and you aren't just asking for a quote out of curiosity, so by the end they'll work a little harder to push you over the edge and commit. not sure if that works for everyone, but it certainly doesn't hurt ;)

good luck!
  • girmanngirmann Member Posts: 26
    Offer on the table...

2005 Mazda3s Hatch. ABS/SAB/SAC, Moonroof & 6CD, net & locks.

19200 + 239 conveyance and they'll take the Gerber.

TMV says 19428, this is 19439 - Gerber.

What do you think?

Mark
    When I run the TMV for it with the options you listed, I'm coming up with $18,351. It's for the Mazda3 s 5-door with ABS/SAB/SAC, Moonroof/6CD Pkg, wheel locks and cargo net. Why the big difference I wonder?

Something else to consider- the TMV for an '06 3 s Touring 5-door with Moonroof/6CD, wheel locks and cargo net is showing as $18,623. The ABS/SAB/SAC is standard on that model.

For about $270 more, would you rather have an '06 vs. an '05? Just throwing the option out there...
  • len9len9 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this message board although I have used Edmunds for a while.

We are looking to buy a commute car and 3 is top on the list ever since we attended the first Zoom Zoom road shows in SF a couple years back. Got a few online quotes already, best one is $12,500 for a 2005 3i with AT, no other options. That's quite abit under invoice. Two questions:

1) Has anyone got the base 3i before and regretted not getting any options, eg. PW, AC, ABS, etc. Is the next model up better value for money?
    2) Saw quite alot of talk on this forum about rebate coupons, most have expired, I guess. Are there any that are still good?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi len9-

I've found myself in the same situation of being offered a fantastic deal on a very basic 3 i. Just a few weeks back, a dealer offered me an '05 3 i (red/black, AT, AC) for $12,995. If only it had been a 5-speed manual, I may have seriously had to consider it. I'd prefer cruise and power windows, but that price is incredibly tempting. I just can't stand automatic transmissions.

Do you think you can live without the power options? I know I'd miss the keyless entry and cruise control more than anything else. Does your current vehicle have these and are they something you think you'd use often (or power windows, etc.).

If it helps at all, an '06 i Touring (with power everything, AT, AC) has a current Edmunds TMV of $16,985. That's almost $4,500 more than the one you're considering. If you do choose the '05, maybe saving that much will be of significant comfort!
  • emeadowsemeadows Member Posts: 2
    First, do your homework. If you cannot find the pricing for 2006 3's, go to www.mazdausa.com and do a inventory search within 50 to 100 miles of your home zip code. On the next screen don't select a dealer, but select the 3 you want (I want a 3i Touring), then hit search. It will pull up every vehicle available in your area and you can look at what options they have, and then pull up the sticker from the car. Print both of these and use them to compare to Edmunds and KBB.

If you have S-Plan use it, if you don't ask for invoice pricing based upon what you find out on Edmunds (Edmunds has most of it correct, but Mazda is now bundling options like the moonroof and 6 CD and Edmunds adds both the bundle and another $500 at MSRP for the 6 CD again - be aware of this) and stick to it. The space where the 3 plays is hot with the release of then newly redesigned Civic and the dealers know it - play up that you have options, granted if you go buy a Civic you will be paying MSRP, but your dealer doesn't need to know that (white lie if you will). If you can get your hands on the Zoom-Zoom or Gerber coupons use them. It is up to $1000 free money. I had no issue getting the Gerber coupon and registering for it and registering for Zoom-Zoom is right on the Mazda web site and then you can go to a event or purchase your coupon off E-Bay.

I am looking at a Mazda 3i Touring Sedan and configured as I want it in Titanium Gray with the following options. Automatic transmission, ABS/Side Air Bag/Curtains, Mooroof/6CD Package, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, Mirror with dimmer and compass, door guards, and fog lights and the MSRP is as follows: Destination $560 (usually part of MSRP), Car $15990, Options $2795 for a total MSRP of $19,345. Now here is what I am paying with S-Plan (S-Plan is invoice pricing for 2006). Destination $560, Car $14961, Options $2403 for total drive out of $17924 less my $500 Gerber and $500 Zoom-Zoom coupon. My drive out will be $16924 plus tax at 6% plus $41 in fees. Edmunds TMV is $18754 for the vehicle. Under S-Plan you do not pay that made up dealer/advertising fee and I encourage you not to pay it either.

It is also worth pointing out that a 2005 Mazda 6i Sport Sedan, Sports Model with incentives ($3000) and coupons ($1000) that I priced in comparison came close to the 3i Touring I configured at $18302 after incentives and coupons. I think I am still getting the 3. Any opinions on that?
  • caylancaylan Member Posts: 19
    I am prepping for an end of year buy on the Mazda3 S 5 door wagon.
    I am new to the Mazda world & my last new car was my trusty & thrifty 92 Civic Si.
    the 3s seems to have everything that the Si had & the fun & utility factor all in 1.

Are there any '05 sp23 5 doors left or am I too late? I tried using the Mazda inventory search but couldn't see how to expand it to a national search to focus in on the sp23.

Anyhow, if the community can help me forumulate a plan of attack it would be greatly appreciated!
    "It is also worth pointing out that a 2005 Mazda 6i Sport Sedan, Sports Model with incentives ($3000) and coupons ($1000) that I priced in comparison came close to the 3i Touring I configured at $18302 after incentives and coupons. I think I am still getting the 3. Any opinions on that?"

That's a tough call. Personally, I love the 3 and will probably own one here in a few more weeks. My best friend bought a 6 s a few weeks back and he loves it.

You'll get better fuel economy with the 3 (the 3 i auto is rated at 26/34 and the 6 i auto is rated at 23/28). Most reviews of both cars have been the higher performance "s" models, but Consumer Reports has tested both a 3 i and a 6 i automatic. Interestinly, they both did 0-60 in 9.6 seconds. So either way the acceleration is about the same. I personally think the 3 is more fun to drive.

Thanks for all your shopping info. Very good common sense stuff that some may not have thought about. It is appreciated.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide.
  • girmanngirmann Member Posts: 26
    Whoops! Automatic, too!
    If your thinking of the 6i I see in ads over the weekend that you can get a Toyota Camry LE with auto for 16300 in Southern California. And they also get somewhere around 26 - 34. I myself will get the mazda 3 but either the 6 or Toyota is tempting.
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    I have the pin code but I dont know if there is anyways I can find the pricing online. Can any one guide me to it?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, it seems all the SP23 models (4- and 5-door) are long gone (at least in the Atlanta area). The '06 Grand Touring model replaces the SP23 and offer the features of that model as either standard or optional.

There is no direct way to search nationally on the Mazda website, 150 mile radius is the max it will allow. The way around this would be to use a zip code from other cities to do your inventory search. For instance, I live in Atlanta but could enter the zip for Nashville, Charlotte and Birmingham to see what inventory those cities have. It's kinda clunky, but it works.

Who knows, there might be one or two SP23s out there.
  • wizpopwizpop Member Posts: 1
    I figured I got a pretty good deal in CA. Paid $12995 for the car (plus the 10%tax etc)
    Love the car
  • caylancaylan Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the info. I tried that...just guess I have to broaden the search.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Saw one in the Tacoma Washington showroom today.

56th and Pacific Hwy. Probably 98422 zip.
  • joel5000joel5000 Member Posts: 8
    Hello. I've been quoted $17122 for an 06 3i Touring with AT and ABS/SAC package. Does this sound like a good deal? Also, what fees should I expect to pay (other than sales tax obviously), for title and license fees in CA? Anything I should look out for? After getting this quote, I contacted another dealer, who said they would match but not beat, the price. This configuration seems to be difficult to find in this area.
    I've been told that the s-plan and invoice for the Mazda3 are exactly the same. One dealer showed me an invoice and it was true on that one. Anyway it's easy to figure out the invoice since this seems true.