Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jbbeveljbbevel Member Posts: 28
    ee74. LoL

Wow. Very similar. I taught my daughter to drive it (love that manual) and she's doing great! She just got her license two weeks ago. Now she's pushing me to buy now... so she can have the protege. :)
  • orc4hireorc4hire Member Posts: 2
    ee74, can you say which dealer? I'm in DFW as well, and trying to work a Mazda3 deal.
  • ee74ee74 Member Posts: 13
    Yes, I got my deal through Freeman Mazda in Irving. They told me my deal was good through the end of June (next Tuesday). Email the internet salesman posted on their website.

I paid $16,300 for my Mazda3i-Touring, manual transmission, with no other options or dealer add-ons, plus I get $500 in free gas. My out the door total including TTL was $17538 (6.25% sales tax). Financed part of it with the 2.9% financing, too, which is also a good deal.

It drives very nice. Seems much more quiet and smooth than my old Protege ever was. But, it has been 8 years since it was new, so maybe I just don't remember...
  • lasmithlasmith Member Posts: 2
    Another dealership to visit is Hiley Mazda in Arlington, TX at I-20 & Collins.
    I purchased my 2010 M3 Hatchback from them for $200 over invoice on 6-5-09.
    Well.... I've decided to forgo the Bose/Moonroof option. An extra $1200.. for a moonroof that I rarely use (I have one now) and the upgrade stereo....just didn't seem worth that much to me.

I'll pick up my 2010 Sport Hatchback with 6spd Manual Trans (Celestial Blue) tonight.

I got it for $400 below invoice:

Price: $18,366
    OTD: $20,324 including TTL and Window Tinting
  • rbecqrbecq Member Posts: 2
    Have been reading this thread for a while, got a white 2010 i Touring last weekend. To provide more info:

Price: $16,756
    OTD: $18,000
    Boston area
  • mcbuyermcbuyer Member Posts: 21
    Was that for a MT or AT (auto trans)? Did the price ($16,756) include destination of $750? If so, that is an awesome (below invoice) deal on a 2010.
  • rbecqrbecq Member Posts: 2
    It is an AT, and $18,000 is what all I paid to the dealer, we end up just negotiating that number. Given the MA tax is 5%, I guess the 16,756 includes the destination fee.

Thanks! That was the end of the quarter, buyer could leverage a bit.
  • 1nickatnite11nickatnite1 Member Posts: 16
    Got the Crystal White Pearl 2010 hatch for $1,500 UNDER invoice in the Bay Area, CA. Dealer said he had to sell 4 that day to get his bonus so offered us a really good deal. We weren't even planning on buying that day!! LOL. Price was $18,300+TTL. There are great deals out there people, happy hunting.
  • midway54midway54 Member Posts: 11
    I see mazda has a new lease program for july..its 229 mo 0 down, 0 due at signing.. its for the 2010 mazda 3 i sport AT.. Sounds good but if you look further its for 42 mos, not 36..and only 36000miles which breaks down to about 10,000 yr which is not enough for most..Of course tax is extra plus some other fees..I would love a car like the 3 but 42 mos and 10k yr will make me think twice..Still some dealers might tweak those terms to sell some cars..I am between the Civic LX and the 3, Civic styling to me is very bland and most whats standard in the mazda 3 is not included in the Civic LX...any comments would be helpful to me Thanks
  • msjcorbettmsjcorbett Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a mazda3 from a dealer in my area. (Hampton,VA) I am doing the research and have heard from a lot of people that I can get the dealer to go well below invoice price. Invoice is 16859. Do you think I could get them down to 15500. And if I did do you think they would still let me get the 2000 cash rebate? Thank you to all that reply.
  • vettechvettech Member Posts: 4
    I am working with a dealer in NC. Got a quote for $19836 OTD for a 2010 Mazda3 manual sport HB. But I am seeing that some folks are getting better pricing. I can't tell whether we comparing oranges to apples. Any experiences out there with the manual sport HB? any ideas on moving that price down? Any experiences in VA (close enough for me to work with those dealers as well) This was a blast to drive, but my alternative is the honda fit for $3700 less.
  • mazdazedmazdazed Member Posts: 34
    I would not buy this car without getting at least $3,000 off the sticker price at a minimum. $4,000 off would be an excellent deal. I bought my 2009 3i manual transmission back in March for $13,680 plus tax,tags,title. The sticker price was $17,615 which included the $670 shipping. The invoice was around $900 less than the sticker price as I remember. You won't get a deal like that on the 2010's.
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Good Luck trying to get $3 K never mind $4K off the sticker price???? This car is the hottest for Mazda and is blowing away the competetion in this category. Aside from the "smiley" face grill, the reviews have been stellar. I got a 08.5 in April - new for $16.9k mz 3 s Touring with automatic - 4 dr sedan.That was $3k off the sticker with rebates, etc.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Actually, the '09 MZ3 models (what few are left) are selling for $3500 or more below sticker! According to Edmunds TMV, a 2009 Mazda3 i Touring Value 4-door w/ AT has an MSRP of $18,665 and the TMV is $15,063 (including a $2000 rebate). That's 3,602 off sticker price...a steal if you can find one!

The redesigned 2010 model is another story. A 2010 MZ3 i Touring w/ AT has a TMV of only $924 off MSRP.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,967
    Friend brought his new car over last night. Titanium color M3 I Touring with auto tranny, bluetooth & I Pod connector and he said he paid OTD $18,500. Nice car actually and when the wife is ready to turn in her '05 M3 S model, will have her look at the 2010 S model again. Love the new alloys and she likes that little extra boost from the 2.5 engine. Her's is a 2.3 now and when she needs it, she knows the power is there. Real sporty ride so I can imagine how much better the 2010 will be.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I just signed a contract for 2010 3HB sport in North Carolina. Here's the breakdown:

Price 18,064.31 (Edmunds Invoice price is 18,854)
    NC tax/title/NCSI: 610.53
    Dealer Prep (Iknow!) 489.00
    Total Out the Door 19163.84
    This took 2 weeks of negotiating and alot of online quote from area dealers. To my knowledge there is no current dealer incentive, so I feel OK. What do you guys think?
    That's an excellent deal.. even with the dealer prep.

Only $610 TTL ? Wow.
    NC has a 3 % highway use tax (in lieu of a sales tax), and I am transferring the tags from my prior vehicle. Interestingly (for what it is worth), the sales guy told me he gets a flat fee of $120 for every new car he sells, so all he did was carry my requests back and forth. (I assume he get a bonus if he gets closer to MSRP, but that was not going to happen.)
  • wildthingwildthing Member Posts: 25
    Heads up to Ontario Mazda 3 owners....Got my insurance renewal yesterday and noticed my premiums had gone up over $200. I own a 2005 Mazda 3 GT Sedan

I contacted my insurer and they told me that the increase is sanctioned by the Ontario Insurance Bureau based on the fact that there are a large number of Mazda 3's in the province, it being a popular car, and that as a result in the large number of accidents involving this car model and the high cost of repairing them, Mazda 3 owners will be paying a premium to insure their cars in Ontario on their next renewal.

I was really surprised by this...I'm accident claims free but because I own a popular car and that car is expensive to repair accident damage, I'm being "punished" by my insurer ???..

Potential buyers of Mazda 3's in Ontario might want to factor this into their purchase of this car model...

Any Mazda 3 owners in Ontario hear anything about this ??...
    I know you crazy Canucks have your own way of doing things! ;)

But in the U.S., any car that experiences a higher-than-average claim rate and costs more to repair than competing/similar models, the car becomes more costly to insure.
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    car that experiences a higher-than-average claim rate and costs more to repair than competing/similar models ... becomes more costly to insure
    Seems reasonable.

Recent related news story on the high insurance costs involved in repairing small cars (e.g. Hyndai Accent) reported that during IIHS testing it was found that significant damage was experienced in crashes by supposedly "inexpensive" cars. Factoring insurance/repair charges into the cost of owning such vehicles, makes them no longer such a bargain.
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    Hi, I'm helping my friend look for a Mazda 3 in the Los Angeles, CA, area.

So far, I have received the following prices:

Vehicle #1: 2010 Mazda 3i Touring, Automatic, Moonroof/Bose-- 18,782.65 + TTL
    Vehicle #2: 2010 Mazda 3i Touring, Automatic-- 17,790 + TTL
    Vehicle #3: 2010 Mazda 3s Sport, Automatic-- 18,800 + TTL

We haven't decided which car we'll be going for, but what do you folks think about the pricing?

Thanks!
  • gosundevilsgosundevils Member Posts: 2
    Alright everyone, like the title says, is this a good price? BTW I have been looking since mid June.

2010 s GT sedan with moon roof and tech packages; which I do want for: $ 23,428.00
    plus TTL and tint.

I live in Arizona and they kill us with TTL. Tax is $ 1,827 Lic. is $ 361.00 tint is $ 299.00
    The price is $ 2,000 under MSRP but only about $ 450.00 under invoice. And there are no incentives right now for 2010. :cry:
    There aren't any Cash Incentives, but they are offering 60-month 3.9%APR, for 'qualified' buyers.

It seems like a solid deal at $23,400. Edmunds TMV was about $450 higher and CarsDirect was $700 higher, so you're well under both...a good thing!

Arizona has the freakiest, most horrible taxes...I used to work for a real estate developer and homebuilder who built in AZ (base in Georgia, but expanded to AZ and NM when the market was on fire)....they basically charge sales tax on a freakin' house!
  • pete22pete22 Member Posts: 80
    Sounds like a good price. Which area is the dealer. I am in Orange county and only got one quote for a 3i Touring but it was 18200 before TTL so you beat mine by 400. I keep hoping they have another prefered buyer card starting soon.
    I've been e-mailing all dealers within a 50 mile radius and so far, Tuttle-Click Mazda in Irvine has given me the best price-- $18,724 + TTL for a 3i Touring Automatic w/Moonroof.
  • gosundevilsgosundevils Member Posts: 2
    Well thats good news...since I just got back from signing the deal.

I did know about the 3.9% for 60 mons. which I got but up front money helps take the sting out of the purchase.

I knew that I was doing better then Edmunds TMV but with all the wheeling and dealing going on around the north American continent on this fourm page, I was feeling like I should have gotten more.

But then I would be dipping into the dealers hold back funds. And you know what they say about getting between a Sicilian and his money. ;)
    Hey everyone,

Here's an update. I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this tomorrow.

2010 Mazda 3i Touring, Automatic Transmission
    Moonroof/Bose Package
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $20,975

Price: $18,307 + TTL

OTD: $20,477.05

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • BMW540BMW540 Member Posts: 33
    I have 3 quotes so far for a 2010 Sport HB with Bose and pearl paint, a $172.00 option. All are about $350.00 a month for 60 months @ 3.9% Quotes, invoice $21034.00 TX $2056.18 DMV $338.75 Doc fee $55. I also have $4500.00 in clunker cash. What do you guys think?
    Thanks BMW
  • cricket18cricket18 Member Posts: 8
    Bought a 2010 M3 touring AT, wheel locks, all weather mats and cargo net for $16925 + taxes + tags + $99 processing fee.
  • foxtrotromeofoxtrotromeo Member Posts: 6
    Here is a quote I received from a local dealership. Any input as to whether this is a good deal is appreciated. Dealer invoice on Edmunds is $20,319.00.

Choose a Vehicle Year 2010
    Manufacturer: Mazda
    Model: Mazda3 S-Sport
    Style: Sedan
    Exterior Color: Black Mica
    Interior Color: Black
    Additional Options: All Weather Floor Mats-$80

Moonroof/6-CD Bose Package-$1395

Purchase Information
    M.S.R.P. $21,685.00+Tax Title &Lic
    Your Price
    Kelley Blue Book
    Edmunds TMV 20,439.00++
    $21,765.00++
    $21,059.00++

Trade-In Information
    C.A.R.S. 1993 Toyota 4-Runner
    $4500 credit
    Price after credit= $15,939
    tax= $1386.69
    license Est- $125
    Washington Doc Fee=$50

TOTAL PRICE $17,500.69
    The Mazda 3 touring I bought was from Fitzgeral Automall. They sold it $1200 under Edmund's invoice. The price listed on their site includes freight. Which state are u from??
    Washington State. Was it the 2010 model with AT?
    Yep. Bought the 2010 M3 i touring AT, wheel locks, all weather mats and cargo net for $16925 + taxes + tags + $99 processing ...
    The "S" model I am looking at has the Moonroof/6-CD Bose Package; does yours have this? Best offer I got so far is $20,325. What was your total out the door cost?
    It was 17500 and change. I live in VA. Does the 20,325 inlcude the destination charge?
    Make sure you check their processing fee as well. Cause out here some dealers charge as high as $399

I know this doesn't help you but fitzgerald has an s white(which is a few hundred more than the other colors) for $19,100 which includes the destination.

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/RESULTSB.ASP?V_XREFID=FCG1155724:2009-06- -24T23:15:05.640
    Yes, $20,325.00 is OTD price.
  • lisa101lisa101 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, can you tell me which dealer you went to. I am currently working with casey imp. at newport nws va. iam looking to buy auto sport

mazda auto sport(no other package added)
    2009- recd 19200 out the door
    2010-recd 20800 out the door

Thanks
    They are selling it to you for under endmund's inv. which is probably a good deal
  • mn_manmn_man Member Posts: 1
    have you heard any comments of better deals? I am in the market for a 2010 hb sport automatic want to give me I price I should be able to negotiate?
  • saveabuck2saveabuck2 Member Posts: 5
    How was your experience with them? I live in OH and am thinking to drive 7 hrs there. Can anyone else also share your experience with them? Wonder if it is worth it. The dealer here is willing to sell at invoice only. Thanks much!
    my experience with them was great. I negotiated the price with them prior to driving up there. I live in the DC area. I was trying to get them to come down by $200 on the price but they wouldn't move on the price. They knew they had the lowest price in the region. I went there, they had the car out there for me. I test drove it, signed the papers and I was out of there in less than 1 1/2hrs. I didn't require any financing through Mazda. The finance guy tried to sell me on the extras which I declined and he wasn't too happy about it. I guess that's where they make their money. I would check their web site, narrow down the car you want and call them. I dealt with Rob from the Annapolis location. He was very nice. That location had the car I wanted. Make sure you ask the guy you are dealing with to go out and check the car to make sure it has all the options they have listed before your drive down.

And their processing fee is $99 and the price listed on their web site includes the destination charge.

Good luck
    I just helped my friend purchase a new 2010 Mazda 3i Touring Automatic last Saturday. The car only had 1 mile on it!

Options included the Moonroof/BOSE package, Sirius Satellite Radio and Wheel Locks.

The MSRP was $20,975.
    We paid $18,227, out-the-door was $20,399.25.

This was in the Los Angeles, CA area. This deal was $1297 under invoice.

To those who are in the market, my advice is to shop around. These cars can be purchased for at least $1000 under invoice.
  • BMW540BMW540 Member Posts: 33
    We have looked and looked and,
    2010 Sport hatchback with Bose and Moonroof,
    $20862.00
    Tx $2039.41
    Dmv

Shopped on edmunds and their dealers, and this is it. What do you guys think?

2010 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback with Bose and Moonroof
    20.862 = 2039.41 Tx = 307 Dmv + 55 Doc fee. Total - 23263.41. 350.00 a month for 60 months with 4500.00 in clunker cash down.
    Thanks BMW
  • metsjetsmetsjets Member Posts: 12
    Guys i am in NJ. Please tell me what you think is a good (car and OTD) price for.

2010 i touring
    remote start
    fogs
    wheel locks

Thank you
  • isseyvooisseyvoo Member Posts: 121
    Just bought a Mazda 3s Sport 5-door yesterday. Love the car, HATED the shenanigans the dealer tried to play. It was a most unpleasant buying experience. Why are these dealers allowed to sully the reputation of the manufacturers whose products they sell by acting so dishonorably? I wish state franchise didn't forbid manufacturers from selling directly, so we could clear out all these bad actors in the franchise showrooms.
  • rebes74rebes74 Member Posts: 1
    cricket18
    Is it true that MD sales tax is 6%, including cars? I am interested in buying from the dealer you suggested, but that seems high, compared to 3% VA tax.
    What sorts of extras were they trying to sell you on?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Doesn't matter, really... You pay the sales tax where you live, not where you buy the car..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator