Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• liunaticliunatic Member Posts: 1
    I Touring automatic in the south(Dallas, Texas!) with the same deals -$500 off and 60 months 0%
    However I don't have the loyalty -$500...deal ended up being 17,800 for driveout
  • leadtongueleadtongue Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2010
    Went to maxon mazda in nj....i offered $18,400 otd for a 2010 itouring with auto...no extras!....These fools wanted me to pay $199.00 for worthless window etchings...$172.00- for the Plain white paint? $100.00 higher doc fee than anyone else....That $500.00 cash incentive was taken right back! Anyway their otd price was $19,036....what a joke! Your talking honda civic ex territory for that price! Soon as i saw etchings on the offer sheet i knew there would be no sale.....
    What is sales tax, dmv and document fee in texas? Trying to gage if my $18,400 otd price in nj is fair (i think so) 7% state tax a 3year $300.00 dmv and a whopping $398.00 document fee($100.00 more than average) what thieves!
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    i offered $18,400 otd ... their otd price was $19,036
    I guess they did not want the sale. It's seems strange that they sacrificed the sale without budging over a $600 difference. Would you have considered it if it was cut down the middle at $18,700 otd?
  • bewildered2bewildered2 Member Posts: 13
    I just purchased an isport with automatic trans at a Houston dealership tonight. My approach was to send out internet quotes all over the local area and state and then let my local dealer (who I did not ask to quote me) have the last look at the deal (which they advertise to meet or beat).
    I took advantage of the $500 rebate/ financing at 0% and the $500 Presidents Day rebate which ended today. The lowest price deal also gave me credit for the owners loyalty but I am not an owner - when he tried to retract the $500 and add it back, I expressed my disappointment and he gave me the $500 off anyway. So effectively I received the benefit of all three rebate offers. I then took this final offer (printed off my emails) to my local dealer who honored it. Here's my breakdown:

MSRP: $17,805 Black/Black cloth

$15,401.00 - car
    900.06 - sales tax
    26.74 - Dealers inventory tax
    77.30 - License
    33.00 - Title
    23.75 - state inspection
    250.00 - Doc fee
    5.00 - deputy fee

total - 16,716.85
    - 1,000.00 rebates
    Drive out -15,716.85

Not all was without a hitch - I got the comittment to match and then when I went into finance the numbers weren't exactly matching - this dealership charged $100 more in Doc fees than the best price dealer and they charged $249 (?) I think for a sealant protection package (useless) which I basically said that they needed to take more off the car because I wanted a out the door match. They did without a word and I now have a car through my local dealership that has perks such as free lifetime oil changes, free loaner cars, free lifetime tint warranty to name a few. I'm really excited. And it goes without saying that I am very pleased with my deal! :)
    State sales tax is 6%. The doc fees vary - one dealer quoted 149.00 and the other was $250. I didn't get too hung up on the individual differences - I went with the lowest out the door quote. I never saw DMV on my invoice although one dealer said that their DMV was 278.05. Again - I didn't care about that - who had the best bottom line!
    Just sent an offer to another mazda dealer of $18.155 otd .....Emails say to come in and talk....that offer is in the ball park.....i'll bide my time....if they want to deal they can accept my offer.....i can wait for incentives or better sale to come along...
    My eyes popped open when i saw your otd price.....then i reread and it was for the i sport not the touring....still you got excellent price with the mazda loyalty cash thrown in for free....enjoy!
    Yes this car is for my teenage son - he didn't get the bells and whistles, but he got a great car and I am thrilled with the price. We will probably add the auto door locks onto the car. That feature just seems basic to me.
    Yes, im shopping for my daughter who will be graduating hs and is going to college this fall...i do like the price on the i sport...but no automatic door locks or trunk release?....come on! I am down one car...my other daughter took it to fla.....she is working for disney as a college intern...my wife has her own and i share mine...lucky i work nights. I would have liked to have taken advantage of the cash back offer 2 weeks ago....would have def. got my price but my daughter in fla was homesick and crying to come back so i waited...now she loves it so i missed out on that event-could have had 1000.00 cash and 0% finance....oh well..... good luck with your car!
    I was given a price of $500 to install the sensors for the auto door locks. That's still cheaper than moving to the touring edition. It also doesn't have cruise control but neither of my two older children ever use the cruise control on their vehicles so that doesn't concern me too much.
    I would require more bells and whistles for myself but I suspect that he will be quite thrilled with this car over a used one that he thinks he's getting. With these prices and financing deal buying used made no sense.
  • foxbfoxb Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    For those in the market, I though I'd share the deal I just made on a base 3 Sport hatch, manual trans, with zero options. MSRP was $20,290 with freight. I paid:

$19,061 purchase price (with freight)
    $299 processing fee
    $580 title and tax
    $36.78 dealer business tax
    - $500 Mazda factory rebate

= $19,499 OTD

Also got 0% financing. With the $700 negative equity in my trade, my payment is $336.

This is the second car I bought from this dealership and they were very professional, with no haggling or other BS. I sent an email saying I was willing to pay $19,500, and they sent one back immediately saying I had a deal. They're in Richmond, VA.

BTW, the salesmen said the cash for clunkers program was great while it lasted, but it essentially sucked all the buyers out of the market a couple months ago, and things are VERY slow now as a result. Seems like, if you're thinking of getting one of these cars, now is a GREAT time to buy given the financing, rebate and slow sales.

Hope this helps someone - this site has been hugely helpful to me over the years.
    edited February 2010
    For buyers in Texas, Russell & Smith in Houston gave a really low quote on their first offer - the internet manager was great to deal with. For a dealership with lots of customer perks - Mazda of Clear Lake - lifetime free oil changes, lifetime loaner cars, lifetime tint warranty to name a few. I took my Russell & Smith quote to Mazda of Clear Lake for a match - got the best price and the most perks.
    Also - North Park Mazda in San Antonio stated that they would beat any written offer by $500. I personally wanted to deal locally and get the perks from Clear Lake - but the North Park offer was in writing.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    My daughter did the Disney internship in 2009 and was homesick at 1st but ended up loving it. She wanted a Hyundai Accent which is what she got and still loves her car. It really is a great opportunity for college/graduate school kids.

Was at the Mazda dealer last Monday to get our 3s an oil change and was very impressed with the 2010 model...a nice evolution from the 1st generation. Loved the S alloys as compared to the I ones...just to plain for me. Will get the wife to try the 2011 model next year.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    The Mazda 3-i Touring Edition is the same as the Mazda 3 GS in Canada, in terms of features, color choices. Only difference? Their version comes with heated outside mirrors. Yes, that is with the 2 litre engine. Yet, the USA model does not come with this feature...unless one opts to go for the much costlier GT model. For those of
    us that share our border with Canada, why can't Mazda USA allow a build similar
    to that of what the Canadians get standard?
    And no, I don't want to buy a Hyundai or Kia or a VW Golf. The handling of the Mazda 3 speaks volumes. Any comments anyone?
  • jeff_socaljeff_socal Member Posts: 1
    Hey all. Since I found this thread helpful in my negotiations I've come back to contribute as my thanks to Edmunds and the posters here.

On 2/25/10 I purchased a 2010 Mazda 3 s Sport Hatch w/ 6 speed manual. Graphite with no options.

I cross shopped the Subaru Impreza as I wanted a wagon. It was nice, but even with AWD I clearly liked the 3 more. If I lived in the snow belt I'm sure I would have placed more value on the AWD.

Browning Mazda - Cerritos, California

Paid:
    $19,000
    +TTL
    -$500 rebate (Taxes are paid before rebate deductions in CA)
    ~$18,500 Purchase price
    0% for 60 months.

For California buyers I recommend the visiting the CA DMV website for the TTL calculator. I doubt dealers will try and get over on you with respect to these fees but I think it's nice to know going in.

https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

The only fees they hit me up for outside of the TTL are:

$55 Doc fee - I was expecting this and understand I could have attempted to negotiate this away, but I laid down for it. You have to pay sales tax on this amount in CA, but it does not show on the DMV TTL calculator as the doc fee is not a government fee.

$29 Electronic registration fee: Unexpected, but I didn't question it. I assumed it was a government fee as no taxes were paid on this.

$8.75 new tire fee: I was surprised this didn't show up on the DMV TTL calculator, but my research indicates this is a valid CA government fee.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone.

-Jeff
  • tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    Any good information about the possible incentives after March 1? I just sold my current vehicle. The buyer left a deposit and is supposed to bring the full payment Monday March 1. Not sure if that will leave me enough time to get in to a dealer, strike a deal and make the purchase. I'd hate to buy a car before my sale is closed, but the 0% for 60 months plus $500 rebate is so tempting.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
    foxb, thanks for posting the details of your deal. Was this at Whitten or Pearson? I'm in Richmond too.
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
    In a nutshell, no one will know what the incentives are until March 2nd. No heads up prior to that date. Good luck with that buyer!
    Thanks...not sure about Mazda but sometimes the Honda dealers know what the next incentives will be a few days early and it leaks out...or at least that's what I have been told. It's all third hand to me so sometimes what is truth isn't clear.

The auto show is two weeks away, I can wait until then and look at several models all in one place.
    So I've heard that for March Mazda has a Raise your Flag promotion, $500 rebate/discount. This seems to be available by email invitation only. Any idea how to get an invite :)
    What is the deal for March promotions on Mazda 3? Is the 60 month 0% financing
    being carried over? Any special 36 month lease promotions? The $500. rebate that
    tommister2 writes of is also a question begging of an answer. Any dealers out there
    want to answer? Also, is it true there is no stability control available on the 3-i sports or touring edition? Not even as an option?
    I received a response from Mazda. I asked if there was some way to request the raise your flag offer. Here is the response:
    Thank you for contacting Mazda and thank you for your interest in the Mazda3!

The raise your flag bonus cash purchase incentive is an invitation only promotion. Therefore, only recipients who receive an email from Mazda are eligible. Unfortunately, the offer is not transferable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I urge you to keep checking the incentives on our website, www.mazdausa.com. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (800) 222-5500.

Thank you for contacting Mazda.
  • fredpmanfredpman Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a Mazda3 S Sport from El Dorado in McKinney, Texas. They knocked off $2,500 off plus 0.0% financing. No pressure, no add ons, no extended warranty.

Salesman was very nice. Straight shooter. I can't mention his name but his name sounds like 'oid' but with "FL" in front of it. It is rare to meet a nice car salesman who also give you a reasonable discounts on a car.

BTW, happy with the car. Lot's of fun.
  • kernelpanickernelpanic Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2010
    I have been looking out for Mazda3 i Sport Auto (no addons). I am in Seattle area and the best quote I have got is $16050 + Tax $1572 + Licensing&Doc fees($350).

The only incentive I am getting is 0%APR.

Does this look like a decent quote? Anybody who bought the same trim recently please post your thoughts.

thanks
  • crashburn07crashburn07 Member Posts: 20
    Just picked it up last Saturday. BEAUTIFUL hot car. It has the 2.5L 6-speed manual in gunmetal blue. Unless I have bad info...MSRP on this package is $20,935, Invoice is $19,505 and Dealer Cost is $18,664. I paid $19,265 BEFORE the $500 Mazda rebate. There is 60mo. 0% interest, and a three month payment deferment. The total price package (with taxes/tags and B.S. dealer fee is $19,931 OUT THE DOOR. I actually had a different dealer commit to $300 less, but they messed with me on the delivery date and I got impatient :-) Still liking my deal and LOVING my HB! Thanks to S.T. at NuCar Mazda in New Castle, Delaware!!!
  • leah732leah732 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone report on buying experiences in the Washington, DC metro area? I'm looking at the S Sport Sedan with sunroof and bose sound system.

Anyone purchased this trim? What's the best I can get for this car?
    edited March 2010
    leah,

I recently purchased the same trim package and checked out a few in your area. if you write me at envman at udel dot edu, i will give you the dealership and contact info. they gave me by FAR the best offer out there!
  • josephandrews2josephandrews2 Member Posts: 5
    The '10 Mazda was introduced when...late spring-early summer '09?

(1) Does anyone have any idea about when the '11's will be on the market?

(2) I like everything about the GT (Grand Touring) except the 2.5L...prefer the gas mileage on the 2.0. Any chance that Mazda would make the 2.0 available on the GT in '11...or make options that are now only available on the GT...available on the T in '11?

(3) I've looked at most of the posts in this thread relating to the '10 Mazda 3. I'm wondering if posters here have any predictions about upcoming future incentives on the '10 Mazda 3. In particular, I would like to know if there will be any incentives for those who come with their own financing...(in lieu of this month's zero interest for 60 months)

Thanks for a wonderful resource...it seems to me that reading the posts leads me to believe that $1,000 below invoice is, historically...a reasonably good price for most Mazda 2010 3's. In summary, toward the July-August months of this year...will that number ($1,000) increase?

Thanks again.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    According to Edmunds TMV, CarsDirect and TrueCar.com, a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport 4-door with 6-speed manual and Moonroof/6CD/Bose package-

MSRP- $21,185
    Invoice- $19,788
    BEST DEAL- from $19,494 (TrueCar) to $20,236 (Edmunds TMV)

Using the Inventory Search tool on Mazda's website, I found 20 with the specs you want (s Sport 4-door, 6MT, Bose/Moonroof) within 100 miles of DC. Velocity Red is the most plentiful color (6 of the 20) followed by Graphite with Black interior and Black with Black interior (3 of each). You may be able to negotiate better deals on the easier to find colors. There's only one Copper Red and two Crystal White Pearl models, one with Black and one with Dune interior. If the dealer knows they've got the only one of a certain configuration (color/options combo) within 100 miles, it won't be as easy to haggle on the price...

The exception to the last statement is if the car has been sitting on the dealer's lot longer than others. If you can determine that it has been sitting for longer than most/all of the others on the lot, you're in a very good spot to negotiate a great deal!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    The '10 Mazda was introduced when...late spring-early summer '09?

(1) Does anyone have any idea about when the '11's will be on the market?

The 2010 model was introduced earlier in the year than the normal early fall (Sept/Oct, give or take a month) model year change. It's a common practice for a redesigned model. The 2009 model had an abbreviated model year as a result. Most likely, the 2011 will be released in the fall making the 2010 model year longer than 12 months.

(2) I like everything about the GT (Grand Touring) except the 2.5L...prefer the gas mileage on the 2.0. Any chance that Mazda would make the 2.0 available on the GT in '11...or make options that are now only available on the GT...available on the T in '11?

The idea of an 'i Grand Touring 4-door" with the same engine as the 'i Touring' but the some/most of the 's Grand Touring' features could be very appealing, in my opinion. Apparently, Mazda doesn't agree; I doubt we'll see a 2.0L GT model unless gas prices rise to $5/gallon again! :(

From the introduction of the 2004 Mazda3, the 5-door has never been offered with the 2.0L engine in the U.S. Canada and numerous other markets could get a 2.0L 5-door (and still can in the 2010), but for us the larger, less economical 2.3L and now 2.5L engines are mandatory if we want the hatchback bodystyle!

(3) I've looked at most of the posts in this thread relating to the '10 Mazda 3. I'm wondering if posters here have any predictions about upcoming future incentives on the '10 Mazda 3. In particular, I would like to know if there will be any incentives for those who come with their own financing...(in lieu of this month's zero interest for 60 months)

Thanks for a wonderful resource...it seems to me that reading the posts leads me to believe that $1,000 below invoice is, historically...a reasonably good price for most Mazda 2010 3's. In summary, toward the July-August months of this year...will that number ($1,000) increase?

The deals on remaining 2010 models are almost certain to get sweeter once the 2011 models are sitting next to them on dealer lots! The 2009 models had unprecedented cash incentives to clear out the remainder of the the 'old' design. The incentives offered will be relative to how many 2010 models still remain at the release of the 2011.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    ...now that is a well-thought out answer, Mr. I. G. Zoom! Thanks. Now I need to figure out what to do...
    Great info igozoomzoom...

Castle Mazda in Silver Springs was great in working with me. I went back to them no less than three times with offers/counters and they obliged each time. It really helps to get documented offers (e-mail, faxed or hard copy in hand) from other area dealers and work them down. I was able to get them below $18,500 (excl. T/T) on a 2010 Mazda3 HB s Sport, 6-spd manual, gunmetal blue, with the moon roof/CD/Bose pkg. When they could not do the delivery on the Saturday we originally agreed upon (supposedly due to a hangup getting the vehicle from another dealer), they were willing to give me a rental (their expense) while I delivered my trade-in to them on that Saturday and then they offered to deliver the Mazda3 to my home that Monday! The surreal part of this is that I live 90 miles away!!! Now, what dealer out there is going to do that for you? Anyone who reads this and isn't willing to travel up to 90 miles to check out Castle Mazda either is lazy, crazy or doesn't care about how much money they spend.
    I want to be sure of what you're saying, crashburn...

Your vehicle (for which you negotiated a price under $18,500)...when I throw your data (5 Dr HB s Sport, manual transmission, moonroof/CD package)...into the Edmunds TMV...I get $20,255 as the Invoice.

Am I right? Meaning you negotiated $1750 under invoice?

Can you verify this for me, please?

Thanks.">
  • seaurchinseaurchin Member Posts: 57
    Ok bought last week Mazda3 Hatchback, liquid silver metallic, with auto tranny, Moonroof/Bose package.

MSRP $24,945

Paid $23,123+around 2K in taxes, $75 Doc Fees, Title $145, and $12 NYS tire tax.

OTD $25,355, also got 0% financing for 4 years.

Got it at Westchester Mazda, salesman was Blake. Inventory was OK, about 20 cars on the lot, you probably will not find EXACTLY what you want with the color you want, but they car probably will be there.

First went to Smith Cairns Mazda, they would not take anything off, salesman said out right i do not care what Edmunds says, i will not give you their price. We walked out and he did not try to stop us. (No hard feelings, its a business)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

So far i have to say that maybe because it is a Hatch Back, maybe they are all like this, but back seat is some what small and is hard getting in to. If you are a young guy/gal no problem, but an older person (Mom) may find it a little difficult getting in to.

Leather is great, car feels, handles good, looks great. Didn't get any girls yet, but Mazda never really promised that.
  • puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    edited March 2010
    You are right . I had a 2008 Mazda I new Value , moonroof, rear lip spoiler it was an automatic also with a 2.0 . Mazda doesn't sell them anymore. They really gooffed.
    I bought a loaded VW Golf ,great heated and cooling seats and a 5spd 2.5L that gets me better milage than my Mazda.The ride is solid,no tire noise or engine noise and handles so much better.Handles bumps better too.
    To get what I have in my car in a Mazda you have to buy a Grand Touring For $4000.00 more . Plus I have a multi function display I can set to program what I want to learn about the car while I'm driving. Never thought I'd ever like a V Dub.I paid $19664.OTD inc Tax ,title and doc fees.The TDI is 4k more and if you do alot of drving thats the car to buy. It gets 42mpg and 32 around town . Oh bluetooth came with it. I did not want it but, most cars are coming equipped with it as the government will soon require it on account of people talking on cell phones.
    Joseph, your numbers and mine are different. My research (I don't always go by what Edmunds reports) shows the MSRP as $20,935, and the invoice as $19,505. This leave the Dealer Cost at $18,664. Dealer Cost should be calculated as: (Base Invoice + the Invoice Price of Options + Destination) - Holdback. I have found the reported Holdback to be $390.80. The CD/Bose Moon roof package is $1,200 from the Mazda and MSRP is $1,395. Using these numbers, the Castle deal was:

$17,650 (Car - Rebate)
    750 (Destination)
    $18,400 (Total Paid for Car at the Table)
    925 (T/T + Dealer Fee)

the price of $18400 is $1105 under the $19505 invoice. Not as great as your calcs but still great. Anytime you can go $1000 under invoice its great. You probably will not get there without manufacturer incentives, unless you are towards the end of the model year, or dealing with a trim package that is in large supply. One thing that I did not mention is that I did not complete this deal. I had a Mazda dealer 10 miles up the road who was $365 more than this one and NuCar could verify delivery on THAT Saturday. Besides, I had actually test driven the NuCar HB, but with Castle, I would have to complete a deal without seeing the vehicle. That Saturday delivery was integral in the deal since it was the end of the month and I did not want to take any chances on a Monday (March 1st) delivery changing the incentive numbers. Besides, I would rather have a dealer close to home for servicing, all other things being equal.

So the deal that I ended up doing with NuCar Mazda in New Castle, DE was $19,931 OTD. In this case, the car price was:

$18,015 ($18,515 - 500 rebate)
    750 (Destination)
    722 (Taxes) *paid out-of-pocket
    199 (Dealer Fee)
    120 (3-yr Tags)
    $19,806 (Total of all)
    - 1,041 (out of pocket)
    $18765 (financed subtotal)
    - 6000 (downpayment)
    $12765 (financed total)

That is probably more info than you requested but you can take what you like from it. Those NuCar numbers have the car $740 under invoice. I had to weigh the pos and neg with going with NuCar or Castle and I went with Castle. Like it or not, I'll have to live with wondering COULD I have completed the "deal from heaven"?

Here is the website from which I got my Invoice/MSRP/Dealer Cost/Holdback numbers: http://www.car-buying-strategies.com/2010_Pricing/mazda-3-prices.html. I have cross-checked these numbers with other sites and they seem to pan out as accurate.

I hope this info helps. The dealer at NuCar was great. He's a folksie, down-to-earth guy and since the purchase, has been great with answering any questions I have. Since I cannot tell you his name, I will say that his last name is the same as the two brothers in Duran Duran or the lead character in the 90s comedy Home Improvement.

Any other questions? Let me know. Crash.
  • puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    edited March 2010
    Read your post and I believe it. Here we have Prime Motors and they have a sea of 2010 Mazdas . The time to get them for less is in August. It's like a firesale there.
    The rear seat room in a hatch is bad but, my seats are always down. I get a new car 30k or 2 years. I just bought a VW Golf 5 spd.I have all your options but leather. Never thought I buy a VW after all the horror stories I've read however, the car is solid, quite and has the ponies. I drive slow but it's fun to downshift. I left Mazda as I thought they were getting too pricey.
    I bought the car for trips to Home Depot, Lowes or to pick up wifes plants etc. She won't touch her Lexus until Toyota checks it out. So she's riding the clutch in my M3. In the mean time I'm loving this little car. Good luck with yours. :shades: ,
  • jochen74jochen74 Member Posts: 2
    Shopping for a 2010 Mazda3 i sport (automatic with no extras). MSRP is $17,055 (or $17,805 if you include destination charge). Invoice is $15,982.
    Got a quote via Ebay Motors of $15,339. Contacted dealer (which is 100 miles away) to confirm. Was told OTD price with tax, tag and dealer fees would be $17,415 (new tag, no trade-in, Central Florida region).
    Good deal?
    Check out my post #4397 - I got the same deal but after a $1,000 in rebates, my price was 14,401. Is your quote before or after any rebates? Also, $2000 in ttl seems really high. What were the dealer fees? My out the door was 16,716.85.
  • streetwavesstreetwaves Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2010 Mazda3 s Sport HB/liquid silver/manual trans/moonroof/Bose for $19,351 before tax, dmv and a huge $399 doc fee. Purchased in New Jersey at Wayne Mazda last Saturday. Received 0%/60 month financing.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    What other fees did Wayne Mazda charge you?
    I checked many Mazda dealers - Wayne being one of them. I certainly hope your experience will be better than mine. In gathering my quotes, Wayne gave me by far the best quote. It was too good, actually... I figured that they would be LOSING $188 (versus dealer cost) by quoting me a price of $1,779 UNDER INVOICE. It all sounded too good to be true and likely was. The quote was verbal - when I sent them an email requesting a written qoute reflecting those numbers: voila! - instant disappearing act! The internet sales person who was sending me personal messages every other day and who had called me several times was now MIA. I sent them (all totalled) seven messages, no response. It all makes me wonder what would have transpired if I would have driven to N.NJ to check things out.

As I said...I certainly hope your experience will be better. To those who have not yet purchased in NJ, I found it common that dealer fees exceed $250, and are often $400. I bought in DE with a dealer fee of $199.
  • streetwavesstreetwaves Member Posts: 2
    That was it----ended up being $22,413 otd. That's with NY state 8.75% sales tax.
  • andyx626andyx626 Member Posts: 2
    hi im new to the forum i got my mazda3 s hatchback otd exactly $21,000 otd is this a good price, this is with tax and license along with doc fees and 1 year oil change or 4 oil change which ever comes first.

$21,000 OTD

please reply if you think the deal i got is good or bad.
    Andy, I don't think you got ripped, but you probably could have done about $1000 better. I hope you were able to get the 0% 5-yr financing with it.
  • andyx626andyx626 Member Posts: 2
    hey crashburn i got 0% for 60 months and down $10,000 monthly payments of 200.00 even. I also got 4 oil changes or 1 year whichever comes first. I knew i got ripped off sigh. I offered them 20,500 otd and they would not let it go.
  • pete22pete22 Member Posts: 80
    edited April 2010
    In Southern California. My best quotes were 17,439 (1 dealer) and 17539 (2 dealers). Had other internet offers as high as 18,539. Assume any price around 17500 price is good. That is before the loyalty rebate but does not include tax and license that the DMV web site tells me would be a little over 1800 more. Ebay motors give me a 17,989 price as a reference.
    Had a slimy sounding dealer in National CIty (near San Diego) quote me a price of 16,900 but only if I came in tonight but told him I need it in writing if I drive 80 miles each way. His email did not include the model other than Mazda 3 and said "plus fees". Never heard back from him when I asked to specify the model and quote that only fees would be tax and license.
    By the way does anyone have experience with Bob Baker Mazda in Carlsbad. They are one of my 18,539 quotes that claim they will beat my other one, but did not give a number.
    I dislike the dealers that are over 1000 higher and want me to send my quote so they can try and beat it. If they start that high it does not seem worth my time.
  • kfranci2kfranci2 Member Posts: 31
    Picked up a new 3GT hatchback manual this weekend. MSRP $25,615 and no-negotiation price $24,115 at Walser Mazda in Burnsville MN Initially was disappointed price was not lower, but then they gave me about $1500-1800 more for my trade than kbb.com said they should have. This tells me there is probably some sort of dealer incentive going on to drive all these great deals, especially considering I got 0% for 60mos too.
    The car is graphite and was the only 6sp 3GT hatchback within 100 miles of Minneapolis, so luckily I like the color. Was happy overall with Walser and looking forward to the free oil changes & other perks. This is a great little fun car to drive with all kinds of features (auto wipers, xenons, led tail lights, memory seats, keyless start, etc) that I thought I would have to get into an audi/bmw to enjoy.
  • pete22pete22 Member Posts: 80
    I had the same type of thing happen Iwas quoted a price from National City Mazda for a 3i touring that was 1350 under invoice. But would ahve required I drive 80 miles and was a buy today only price. So asked for it in writing. He mentioned that he would sell me a Mazda 3 for that price plus feesbut did not include a sticker, or model. I emailed back and said could he add the model and that the only fees are tax and license. Anyway never heard back. Goes without saying I did not driver 80 miles.