Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tim_in_gatim_in_ga Member Posts: 4
    I am eligible for S-Plan pricing. Should I even bother with it or can I get better pricing by checking a few dealers (in the north metro Atlanta area).
  • tonyxlxltonyxlxl Member Posts: 3
    Are other people getting different quotes for 0% finance incentive vs. not using the incentive?

Also, the fine print on the mazdausa.com website states "loan origination fees may apply", anyone encountered any fees?

Thanks,
    Tony
  • raymacraymac Member Posts: 15
    I touring 6 speed manual Sky Invoice price here at edmunds.com is 17,888
    x 7%(sample) = $1,252 plus reg fee $275(ave) plus doc fee $150 = $19,565
    minus rebate 1,500 = $18,065 - loyalty 500 = out the door 17,565

You got a good deal.

I'm about to close mine in CA 8.5%tax for same except pearl white and Auto
    I found ads at craigslist which list the Invoice and MSRP. Their asking price is lower than invoice which can not happen unless there is a manufacturer's rebate and other incentive.
    Rule of thumb is check this site(edmunds the right price) for invoice price including invoice on options and fair price should be between invoice and MSRP. I read in an article long time ago for formula is Invoice plus shipping fee mostly $500 - rebates and incentives than add what you think is a fair amount for profit (I think $200-400).
  • johnarizonajohnarizona Member Posts: 11
    I've only bought new cars twice so I can't say I'm an expert, but I wouldn't worry about figuring out what's fair profit for dealerships. Let them worry about that since we can't possibly know of all the cost associated with the dealership. They have to pay rent, salary, commission, but they also get some rebate from manufacturers that we're not aware of. I think the best approach is to search online to see what other's have paid and check edmunds to see the invoice and dealer incentives to see if those prices make sense.

Generally I look at what's the lowest price people have paid recently. If someone in the US was able to buy at a certain price, then chances are you will too since all dealerships buy at the same price from the manufacturer. Then I subtract a few hundred dollars and see if any dealership will be able to sell at that price. Some dealerships have higher inventory that they want to clearance and some may be willing to take less commission, so not all dealerships are the same. For my Mazda3 auto i touring, one dealership was not willing to budge at all from $18,000 when I offered $17,500 OTD. Another dealership quoted $17,500 OTD. Some dealerships may ask you how you came up with your offer price and if you can show them proof. There's no need to get into that game. Either they can sell at that price or they cannot. Don't get offended if they can't. Just shop around and if no dealership can sell at that price, then perhaps it really is too low and you should rethink your offer.
    edited September 2012
    You are definitely right about low balling. It is rude to ask for a low price if you have no idea what the dealer's cost is (not to be confused with invoice. It is invoice minus all incentives). Don't take my word for what I've said during the previous post but check it yourself http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car4.htm. I'm trying their technique but I got cocky and thought I can wing it armed with the basic idea from this website. I forgot lot things during the heat of transaction.

I started to read the tips again and realized I forgot to subscribe to a pay website that gather's intelligence data about every car's dealer's cost, incentives, and rebates and I just used the free one like this edmunds which list 1,500 cash back on Auto M3 i touring sedan skyactive. There's also a loyalty and active military rebates for $500 each. So I haggled today with that infromation and I did not break a sweat to make them give it to me for 19K (This is with fog lights and wheel lock option). This offer is $400(my fair price) above Edmunds TMV but $800 below invoice and taxes + fees will be cancelled by 2,000 rebate.

There are three things I have to research tonight: 1) Additional manufacturer to dealer incentives - if possible 2) Exact dealers hold back price (Dealer gets money back from manufacturer after it is sold) 2-4%. 3) Ask the invoice again because I did not pay attention to the logo - it should come from mazda and addressed to Hansel Mazda Dealership and not a marked up copy.

I know where you are coming from but this website's technique is very accurate when I used it last time in 2007 and I will review it again and use it tomorrow. Wish me luck.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    raymac- You should check out TrueCar.com. I'm assuming that you're near Santa Rosa, CA based on your reference to Hansel Mazda, so that was the zip code I used to check the price on TrueCar.

I priced a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring Skyactiv AT 4-door sedan with Fog Lights and Wheel Locks. The best price from one of their Certified Dealers was $17,954 and the dealership is located 69.4 miles away in Walnut Creek, CA. I didn't include either of the $500 rebates (Loyalty or Military), but if either apply to you, you can also deduct that from the price (so it would be $17,454, if one applies)!

Hopefully this helps...let us know how things turn out!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Gee I missed truecar.com or maybe i've been using edmunds so much that I got lazy. 2,000 total rebate I'm qualified for equates to tax and fees and OTD still be 17,954 plus and minus a $100. No wonder edmunds TMV price is 18,500. My guess is there's another $1000 manufacturer to dealer incentive for the end of the year sale that explains the offset in my computation...Thanks.

I promised to keep my poker face and not be excited to drive the car home each time I visit a dealership. It might take me a week to close. I'm checking MarinMazda tomorrow. BTW Hansel agreed to 19,000 flat but now I know I could get close to 18,500
    I think it's been mentioned here before, but the 2013 models will have Skyactiv and multimedia display in the Sport trim. Also they will have USB port as a standard feature. Let the dealership know that you know almost everything you get in 2012 i Touring you can get in 2013 i Sport at at much lower price. That way they know you have no reason to pay much more than what 2013 i Sport will cost.

Also you can check dealer inventory at mazdausa website. Whoever has the largest inventory of what you want will be more motivated to sell you the car.
    After your and igozoom comments I decided to hire a pro. CarWoo.com for $90 and they guarantee the lowest price, I stay anonymous to the dealers then they give me a price certificate that is binding to the dealer they transacted with.

Ok now let's sit back and relax and I promise to report every detail so everyone benefits from this experience.

I'll post carwoo's progress on this deal.
    Not very promising. This site is almost the same as edmunds as far as getting qoute sent to dealers. The difference is you give it to carwoo and carwoo provides the site where you and multiple dealers could virtually talk anonymously. You would be known to them by your first name first name only. The site looks like test messaging service on your iphone/android.

So you haggle this way and if you agree with the price quoted you would press the "reserve "this care button although not binding but it is considered as verbal agreement. Having said this, I'm puzzled with carwoos lowest price guarantee?

So far I have one offer after 24hrs and the offer is 18.5K plus tax n fees = 20.3k OTD not good.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Let the dealership know that you know almost everything you get in 2012 i Touring you can get in 2013 i Sport at at much lower price.

The Sport still does not have Bluetooth, alloy wheels or leather steering wheel. I know they are not huge items, but the Sport is not the same as the Touring.

Keep in mind, there is no guarantee for 0% financing or rebates when the 2013's come out.

Just do the best negotiation you can and sign the deal if you are happy. If not, then don't sign. It's really as simple as that! Good luck!
    There definitely won't be reason for Mazda to offer 0% financing or rebates for 2013 models yet, but i Sport trim's MSRP is almost $2,000 less than i Touring. A 2013 model will have slightly higher resale value than a 2012 model. Also you get a newer version of the Skyactiv engine. All of those should make up for the lack of bluetooth and alloy wheels. So the way I look at it, a 2012 i touring should cost about the same as a 2013 i Sport. However, it all depends on how much premium you're willing to pay for alloy wheels, bluetooth, etc.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Also you get a newer version of the Skyactiv engine

Could you elaborate on this statement. Hadn't heard of any changes.
  • countertop4countertop4 Member Posts: 11
    Just saw local dealer offer 3500 off MSRP plus 500 loyalty and 500 military. Now I can get i touring auto MSRP at 20,400 for 16,400 with 2.99 financing. I did the math and that is better for me than going the 0% rate for nearly 1100-1500 higher price. Also, dealer will be getting 7 2013 models in in mid October. Sales person said they will be offered below MSRP but no concrete pricing yet. Checked inventory on 2012 Mazda 3 within 50 mile radius and found almost 1000! I think the cuts will continue at least through October to unload the 2012 inventory before the 2013s start coming in in full force.
  • sixburghsixburgh Member Posts: 3
    I just heard from a local Mazda sales person in my area that they're offering 3's at up to $3500 below INVOICE, not MSRP. I was told they must meet quotas for their monthly sales and will listen to all offers.
  • tonyxlxltonyxlxl Member Posts: 3
    car: 16,473
    destination fee: 795
    dealer processing fee: 389
    VA sales tax: 564.25
    VA title/tags: 62.75
    Mazda loyalty: -500.00
    Total OTD (cash): $17,784.00

Brown's Fairfax Mazda.
  • freshjivfreshjiv Member Posts: 1
    Hey, anyone that is real familiar with the Mazda3 pricing for this time of year (late September 2012) give you me your advice. I am looking to buy a Mazda 3 Auto I Touring w/ Bose Moonroof. They a black and a dolphin grey I am interested in. Both say their MSRP is ~$22,000 and they are offering it at their dealerships special price of $18,981. They are offering the 0% financing 60 month offer, which I do plan to take advantage of.

With that said, what is the lowest price you think I can offer and get accepted? I mean OUT THE DOOR offer, which would include all taxes and fees. I really appreciate it!
  • yixiangyixiang Member Posts: 5
    I got an offer from Fitzgerald Auto Mall Frederick Md as following:

MSRP: $20,345

Invoice: $19,546

Internet Price: $16,151

Tax: 6% $1,011

Processing DMV MVA fee's : $199

$17,361 (with mazda owner loyalty) if you do not own a mazda current or anyone in your household. Then must give back $500

$17,861 without owner loyalty
    Hey that seems a couple of hundreds lower than mine and I am about same with tonyxlx above at around 16,400 and we are talking about skyactiv i-touring auto transmission with wheel lock option only right. I believe we are close to the bottom that we could haggle for (maybe 16,000 flat).

A lot o people talks about MSRP and Invoice which could be misleading to the actual manufacturer's invoice(It would have factory Logo). They could jack those numbers up and make it look like you're saving a ton of money.

Official rebates that I know of is 2500 total. 1500 cash back or 0% financing, 500 military discount and 500 loyalty. They(dealers) may have manufacturer's to dealer only discount and they can opt to share this but not required. If Edmunds invoice of 18,700 reflects the actual factory's invoice and take out the rebates of 2000 (I currently own a mazda3) than the dealers should offer me not less than 16,700. so it appears that there is factory to dealers incentive that we do not know about and makes the haggling price tough to pin down.

So, regardless of MSRP and Invoice of different dealers all three of us were offered very close to 16,300 and from here our OTD price will be different as my tax is higher at 8.5%. I always deal with them with out the door price (OTD) to find out what other stuff they will charge me for and I can haggle down on some stuff like doc fees but some are dictated by the state and is/are fixed price.

I believe we are close to the best price on this car and you got the lowest so far from the pages I've read here so CONGRATS.
    What is that 18,981 price includes or does not include? A dealer here advertise it as 17,800 - cheap right? but this includes all the rebates and than when you call he will ask you are you active military? If no add 500 to that price and if you do not own a mazda, add another 500 so now you are close to your 18,981.

Three of us here got a selling price with all rebates included at approx 16,300 plus fees and tax. This is for M3 i-touring auto no options - base model.
    Correction to post #4976. The average from lowest three offers of 16,300 mentioned above does include 1,500 cash back and loyalty rebates only. Option invoice prices available here at edmunds and just add to the price above.

Again the 1,500 is available if you use your own financing (mine is 1.9% or $900 for the life of the loan) and if you use their financing it better be lower than 3% because that equal to 1,450 providing the amount financed is 18,000.

Use online calc computed monthly X 60 months and subtract this from amount financed to find out your haggling financing percentage.

I'm about to close this Saturday here in California with 18,200 OTD which is lower than Edmunds TMV price. So minus taxes(8.5%) and fees(275) its approximately 16,500 for the car. I think this is a good deal.
  • countertop4countertop4 Member Posts: 11
    Congratulations to all who have closed on deals in the 3500-4000 under MSRP range! The salesman I'm seeing tomorrow said,"Mazda has given indications that 2012 models will have a slight increase in October." Is this just sales hype or a real possibility? I've been tracking local inventory and it is still high. I want to see the 2013 cars and prices in mid-October so I can make a real comparison. My gut feeling is that October prices on 2012 models will not change. Any insight from wiser, more knowledgeable members?
  • autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    My gut feeling is that October prices on 2012 models will not change
    Agreed. Also, you'll have more negotiating room once the 2013 models are in the showroom.
  • robinbillingsrobinbillings Member Posts: 3
    2012 Mazda3 i Touring Auto 4dr Sedan
    OTD Price $19535 at 0% APR

Good deal or should I wait until later this year?
    That is high, I would wait a bit longer as the 2013 models will soon be arriving and that will give you more bargaining room. I hear mid October is when they arrive.
    I am saying this without knowing your tax rate with fees though.
    They will try and sell you items that you don't need and if you really want the product you can get it a lot cheaper somewhere else. Here's the list:

1) VIN etching
    2) perma plate
    3) extended warranty
    4) rust rooft proofing

Google "car dealer packaging options" and learn more about it. I fell for this long time ago.

I closed mine today and ask them to throw in touch up paint and they agreed ($15). I should have looked around their service department and ask if they'll give the item I saw as complimentary. Detailing kit would have been sweet!
    Bought it today an came home with M3 4dr Automatic I-touring skyactiv with wheel lock ($44) and fog light(275) options for $16,400. I dealt and paid out the door price of 18,400 but dealer did not gave me a copy of invoice and I figured the contract would show most of what I need to know.

The contract I signed shows rebate of $1,000 instead of 1,500 plus loyalty of 500 totaling 2,000. The dealer came off ahead and pocketed 1,000 dollars by jacking the price of the car to 17,400 to meet the agreed price of 18,400 Out the door (17.4k - 1k rebate + 2k tax, lic,doc fees =18.4K).

If you are planning to buy 2012 model this Nov-Dec I suggest test the water early and haggle for
    15,5-16K to benefit from full rebate of $1,500-2,000. I haggled for one week and was able to bring down to 16,050 on base model and if you have the time you will be able to go below 16k.

I recommend carbuyingtips.com for good info and links to other resources. Good Luck
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Did you recently buy a new car because the financing offer was too good to pass up? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you about your experience. Please contact pr@edmunds.com by end of day Tuesday, September 25, 2012 with a brief account of your purchase and your preferred contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I think you got a very good deal and the dealer didn't pocket $1000 simply because the rebate didn't show on the contract. $1500 is an incentive the dealer will get from the manufacturer so it shouldn't show up on your contract like cash rebates. If you paid $17,400, then after getting $1500 from Mazda, the dealer gets about $19K which is still less than the $20K invoice Edmund publishes. So I think there are other incentives that dealerships get from Mazda that Edmund is not aware of and we don't know how much money dealerships really make. Your price include loyalty rebate, correct? If so, then $16,500(without loyalty rebate) would be the lowest anyone on this forum has gotten. That should be the target price for other buyers. 15.5K would be unrealistic unless Mazda offers additional incentives in the future.
    1) 1,500 cash or 0% APR is an incentive from manufacturer to customer not to the dealer and is advertised more as 0% APR and they try to hide its monetary equivalent of 1,500 if you get financing somewhere else.

2) The finance manager took a copy of my retired military ID and I ask him that "the rebate only applies for active right?" and he said its OK that's when I got this funny feeling that something is up.

3) The contract, not hand written, manufacturer's rebate should list all rebates not just 1,000 which I think is the loyalty and military rebate

4) Edmunds got all the rebates right except that they do not have the Manufacturer to Dealers rebate/incentive and I confirmed all three rebates from the dealer and I'm qualified for 1,500 and loyalty. If I had the time I would use fightingcance.com (not free) to get all info above and we won't have this conversation.

5) I'm willing to pay 5% more than the dealership cost them to buy the car and they still have 2-3% hold back price from the factory when they get rid of the car and on top of that they will get a factory to dealer incentive if it exist. I believe in hard earned money they deserve but I,m not going to support they're extended family. A 25 yr old salesman drove off with a Cadillac for Christ sake.

SO, your dealership do not list all rebates in the contract? LOL
    It almost seems you got both the loyalty and military rebate which is why your sales receipt show $1000 rebate. I did not quality for either so my sales price was 17K without any rebate. That was about a month ago, so it's possible more hidden incentives are now available to push prices even lower. I read somewhere that dealerships make only a couple of hundred dollars per car. They make most of their money via used cars and service. So I think you pushed your dealership to the limit and they wouldn't have been able to go another 1K lower. It certainly wouldn't hurt for people to begin the negotiation with a 15.5K offer. But don't be surprised if most dealerships balk at it.
    I say 80% or more of us goes to the dealership when we really need another car and do not have enough time to strategically haggle. We're like playing chicken and whoever ran out of time flinches and loses. Very few of us really got a dealership against the wall and paid the minimum. I do not think I'm one of them. I can't stress enough the websites I mention for new buyers specially to browse them and learn the tricks of the trade.
    The dealership making only a couple of hundred is a myth and if you did got a great deal from them repay them by recommending them to family and friends.

What worked for me was the fact that I worked graveyard and told them that I could not answer phone nor visit the dealership during the day and will deal with them via email. This gives me an advantage in the waiting game and I also told them that on weekends I go to church services and ball games of my kid and might be able to drop by a dealership for a couple hours at a time each day on a weekend.

And when I do go to a dealership it would be different place each time and give them my standard spill of just browsing and do not intend to buy now but in a couple of months or so. When I talked to them via email I would introduce a new haggling price (I found on internet like this forum) during the weekend and it does give them the impression that I did visit a dealership, which I did but did not get the haggling price there, and actively pursuing to get my dream car.

In short I got them battling for the price I wanted without leaving my PC - Thank God for the Internet. The participating dealers where from Edmunds price quote, Truecar.com as recommended by another member and Carwoo - a paid service but I'm getting my money back for lack of dealer participation. I would love to see someone uses fightingchance.com ($40) and get the actual price what the dealers a paying for the car. I should have but was in a hurry and miss this tip from carbuyingtips. This (fightingchance) was non existent 7 years ago when I read everything from carbuyingtips webpages.

Now that I got my new car, My teenager is off my back and driving my old very reliable rally white 2006 Mada3.
  • casaigecasaige Member Posts: 6
    I was hoping to get some feedback on my recent purchase. I made a pretty impulsive purchase on this car after researching every other car in it's class to DEATH!! When I saw the 0% financing and no payments for 3 months, I went to Maita Mazda on Auburn Blvd. in Sacramento because I always loved the way the Mazda 3 hatchbacks looked....and left with a black mica/black interior:

2012 Mazda 3i Grand Touring $23,150 MSRP
    Fog Lights $ 350 MSRP
    Tech Pkg. $ 1,400 MSRP

Total of $25,695 MSRP

I had no trade and put no money down (we sold our minivan for $18,000!! They were only going to give us MAYBE $15,000...which was more than Carmax and we considered it, but in the end decided to do a private sale and made the extra $3000!)

This is what I left with:

Cash price of vehicle: $24,195

They talked me into keep the theft system on (pfff!) for $395
    Sales tax $1911.93
    License/Registration/etc. $265

Total amount financed $26,867

I chose the 1.9% financing over the 0% financing only to keep my payments lower

71 payments of $395/mo.

Please tell me this sounds like a good deal!!!

Saige
    Sounds like a great deal! I just got the Mazda 3 Grand Touring with Tech Pkg. and fog lights for $24,195 (doesn't include taxes, etc.) and I thought that was a sweet deal. Did you get any optional equipment??

I put no money down and went with the 1.9% financing to keep my payments lower. They were going to possibly give $15K for a trade, but I went private party sale and got $18K!! Go me!!!

Congrats!! Fun car to drive, no??? I'm loving it!
    Did you get it?? I'm jealous! I wanted the push button start, but went for the Mazda 3i with a regular ole key for the extra 10MPG ::sigh::: Sounds like a decent price!
  • aranaxonaranaxon Member Posts: 1
    Offered 18995 for Mazda3 5 Door Hatchback i Touring model (no options)

Trying to push for $20k out-the-door in CA, which I think would imply something like $18.2k base car price (10-12% fees). Am I pushing my luck?

Original offer came through Costco program. Inventory of the base iTouring actually isn't that plentiful in the Bay area it seems.
  • cjay142cjay142 Member Posts: 1
    hey was wondering where this deal rates, after i fielded some offers from different dealers my friend who's an audi salesman said if i got to 18 it would be a solid deal. i ended up getting to 17,232 for a mazda 3i touring hatchback with a manual transmission before t/t. i haven't read the forums yet but i'm interested to see how this deal stacks up, i bought the car in PA fwiw and am already in love with it. thanks
    Does anyone know if Costco's offer factor into things like year end clearance?

Here's how I'd do the math. Invoice for hatchback is $500 more than sedan. Hatchback currently get $1250 less incentive than sedan($250 vs. $1500). $16,500(raymac's price without royalty rebate)+500+$1250=$18250 seems possible.

Around Portland, OR there are actually more hatchback in stock than sedan probably due to lower incentive. According to Edmund, the $250 incentive expire on Oct. 1st. I'd wager that Mazda will increase the incentive in the future. If you can wait a couple of weeks, you should be able to get to the price range you're looking for.
    That's price is I found the lowest for me, by now. But one problem is, that dealer leaves me about 7 hours drive. Another dealer offer me 17900 OTD. They offer me from phone, is it anything I need to pay attention before I go there and buy the car?
    Another problem, their Internet Sales Manager said from email: "I have the same car in stock but i can not go as low as your quote. I am OTD for $19,256." And couple days later their Internet Sales specialist call me said they can offer me at $17900 OTD. Is it any trick in this situation?
    THX
    It's possible they were bluffing before or Mazda is now offering more incentives. It doesn't makes sense that sedan get $1500 incentive while hatchback only get $250. One poster said he got $17300 on a manual, so your price seems reasonable for an automatic. The thing to be careful is if they try to change the price or add any fees on top of the OTD price, don't be afraid to say no.
    It makes scene, after their Manager tell me the OTD price, I directly say I will move to other dealerships.
    Is it possible ask them to send some prove that say they will sell the car at that price. Because everything we did was from phone. And this dealer it's about 1.5 hours drive from me. Didn't want to waste my time if the deal not working.
    Time is your friend. Yes ask them to email you the quote and while waiting for their reply get another internet quotes from a couple of dealers in the same area preferably on the way to the first dealership. When those dealership replies tell them you've been quoted 17,900 OTD by "mention the name of dealership" and let them fight for the lowest price. At least one of these dealership will quote you by email and that is your proof.

The salesman who quote you by phone most likely did not communicate it to the internet manager that's where the confusion started. They are not trying to trick you but let them email you the quote anyways.

It's price war and I got mine a little early but I really need it and can't wait. I just got an email though late from one of the competing dealership and here what he has to say - cut and pasted.
    ===========
    This is ___, your Internet Sales Manager here at Royal Mazda of San Francisco. I am reaching out to you as the end of the month is approaching fast and we are still 19 cars short of our goal. Here are the special pricing for the end of the month sale!!!!

Any Mazda CX-5 instock, I will sell it to you for invoice plus all incentives
    Any Mazda CX-9 instock, I will sell it to you for $1,700 under invoice plus all incentives
    Any Mazda 5 instock, I will sell it to you for $1,600 under invoice plus all incentives
    Any Mazda 3 instock, I will sell it to you for $1,600 under invoice plus all incentives
    Any Mazda 2 instock, I will sell it to you for $1,600 under invoice plus all incentives
    Any Mazda MX-5 Miata instock, I will sell it to you for $1,600 under invoice plus all incentives
    Any Mazda 6 instock, I will sell it to you for $2,200 under invoice plus all incentive
    Thank you for your help. I was emailed the dealership around my area (in 2 hours drive). Seems they didn't interested in the price fight. In my city, only one Mazda dealer they even ignore me. And other dealers keep their OTD price around 18500.
    edited September 2012
    18,500 is most likely most people paid for and is not a bad deal. However if you got time you could play their waiting game and see if they'll budge. You said you got 17,900 quote - email them and ask them the details, color and option already installed and tell them you have a comparable quote nearer from you but of different color and is not your primary choice and maybe they'll respond with the 17900 quote in writing.

You have to remember that profit is still profit no matter how small and they will take the risk and wait for you to give in. You might want to try this free web service that gives you a quote with price certificate that they honor. Just use a different email, phone and use an alias so it would appear to be a different customer.

You still have a few days before Oct 1 when rebates and incentives might change. Drive your dream car form carbuyingtips.com or Truecar.com Good luck
    Thank you so much for your advise!
    I've seen a lot of HIGH prices quoted here for a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring automatic 4 door. To give you an idea check out my link, these prices can even be haggled down lower.
    Mazda 3 Prices link
  • dyoht5dyoht5 Member Posts: 3
    With the intro of the 2013 last weekend does anyone know (or care to make an educated guess as to) when the October incentives kick in for the 2012 M3?
    I'd like to make a purchase this week if possible. I wonder if its worth waiting...
    Thanks!
    Looks like dealers are getting desperate and trying to get sales anyway they can.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a small car buyer/shopper. If you've recently purchased a small car or are shopping for a small car, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. PT/ 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, October 3.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews