Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

19495969798100»

Comments

• Options
    js2013js2013 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I am a first time car buyer (recent college grad), no loyalty or military discount. I'd like a 2013 Mazda3 i Touring and don't plan to add anything. I'm in the Atlanta, GA area. Any idea what I should aim for OTD? I have good credit and a high-paying job lined up and have secured a pretty good deal on financing through my bank, but not sure if all the rebate incentives will be contingent on using financing through the dealership. I'd like to shoot for below $21k OTD with below 2% on a 48 mo. loan. Reasonable?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    spretogspretog Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Just purchased 2013 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback with the Preferred Equipment Package.
    Price: $21,168 (approx $1,000 below invoice)
    Processing Charge: $200
    6% tax: $1,282
    Title/Tags: $299

Rebate: $500 (Current promo 0% financing with $500 bonus cash on Mazda's website).

OTD: $22,449

Hope this helps you find a good deal!
  • Options
    dd123dd123 Member Posts: 53
    Wanted to buy a cheapest brand new 2013 sedan preferable skyactive.
    with all the rebates, wondering how good can I do ?
    I am already a current mazda owner.
  • Options
    eire151eire151 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    This week I am buying a 2013 Mazda 3 i Grand Touring hatchback, without Tech Package, for an OTD price of $22,200. It has everything under the sun other than the tech pkg and the price includes delivery to my home in Charleston SC from Charlotte NC!

I am very happy with this price! I got $2000 in incentives, plus another $1000 or so off dealer invoice (OTD, inc taxes, title and fees).

I got the car via internet -- Mazda of South Charlotte (NC) was the only one around with the color combination I wanted (black with dune leather interior). I highly recommend this dealership. Cassie (internet sales) has been great.

I am excited to see what mileage I get -- based on ratings and reviews, I won't be surprised to see 35 MPG combined city/hwy (SkyActive engine)!
  • Options
    rkjindalrkjindal Member Posts: 12
    This is the 3rd Mazda3 that we have added to the family. A little disappointed there is no Bluetooth but I understand wanting to push people toward the higher trim levels. No extras added besides the car mats which is included in the price. There were 44 miles on it, which I was not crazy about but nothing I could really do. Opted to take the dealer rebate instead of the 0%. Would have loved to get a redesigned 2014 but the price was too good to pass up.

Breakdown below (rounded)

Sales Price 17,750
    Doc Fees 199
    VA Tags 150
    VA Tax 600
    Loyalty -500
    Rebate -2,000
    OTD 16,200
  • Options
    mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Member Posts: 17
    I wouldn't count on 35, unless you are mostly highway. With my 2008 4-speed automatic, on a daily route that could be described as suburban/city, I got 24 or 25, with my 2013 grand touring hatch 6-speed, I am getting 26 or 27. Rather disappointing.
  • Options
    lchen8lchen8 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    I am looking for deal for 2013 iSport model too.

I was told by a sales manager that I don't quality for the other two $500 rebates. One is loyalty $500 rebate, another $500 rebate is for current/retired military. So, I only can get $2000 rebate.

I was asking the sales manager if the manufacturer will open the two $500 rebates to all others if Mazda cannot sell all 2013 models. He said he is not sure. By checking a couple of local dealers inventory, seem like there are still quite a lot 2013 mazda3.

If there is just $2000 rebate, it is not that exciting to me. iSport model before tax will be around $16500 for me. OTD would be over $18000 in CA where I live.
  • Options
    rcinmdrcinmd Member Posts: 139
    Added to the fleet this week.
    msrp $20,910
    Only options were rear bumper protectors and wheel locks.
    Straight sale, no trade, no owner loyalty or military.
    $2000 rebate, At the time I did not know to ask about a $500 conquest rebate I read about later.

With all dealer and titling fees, state tax (6%), and two year tags - $18, 115.76.
  • Options
    koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    I was looking online at the Mazda website to check inventory on 13 5 door and they only list 13 4 door. its like the 13 5 door no longer exists? strange. i guess they are trying to push people to the 14.
  • Options
    koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    i checked a few dealers in my area and there are still many 13 5 doors out there. i am most interested in grand touring and there are a bunch. later this year i expect to see much better incentives and i may pounce then.
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    If you go ahead and select the 2014 5-door to Search Inventory, the results will include 2013 5-doors also. Then you can select the year, trim level and transmission from the drop down menu.

I searched a 250-mile radius from where I live in North Georgia and there were a total of 446 5-doors, 303 of which were 2013 models. So there are still plenty out there! Although it looks like the all the 2013 s Grand Touring 5-doors are sold out, at least in this area.

But are you sure you’d be happy with a 2013 5-door after seeing the 2014???

I’m not crazy about the 2014 i 5-doors, especially the Sport. The 16” wheels just don’t quite fit the car’s design and proportions quite right, or fill out the wheel wells for that matter. They should have went with 17” on some/all of the i 5-doors since the ‘s’ 5-doors have 18”.

I still have a 2006 Mazda3 s Touring 5-door that I bought new in Dec 2005. I expected to trade it in on the 2010 model until I saw and drove the 2010 s 5-door. I actually preferred my 2006 to the 2010 model. I also spent a weekend in a 2012 s Grand Touring 5-door while my 2012 CX-9 GT was having some minor warranty work done and parts had to be ordered. I wasn’t impressed at all with the 2012….the interior in particular was a disappointment. My 2006, even after eight years and 95k miles, still looks more upscale and high-quality than the 2012 s GT did!

But the 2014 has me hooked and I haven’t even driven one yet! They haven’t started shipping the ‘s Touring 5-door’ yet, at least none are to be found anywhere in the Southeast yet. But there are 58 of the ‘s Grand Touring 5-door’ models in my search area. The Touring has everything I want, so I’m waiting for it…as long as the “leatherette” upholstery looks as good as what they’re using in the 2014 Mazda6 Touring. But they really should have called it something better than “leather-ette” which sounds really cheap to me…..

In any case, for buyers who are interested in a 2013, the deals are getting better every day! Once the 2014 4-door hits dealer lots, the 2013 leftovers will be a steal!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    apandyapandy Member Posts: 22
    I got a TrueCar quote of $13,875 (including destination, but before tax + tags) on the 2013 iSV manual for a family member and a dealer agreed to honor it. I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger now, or wait. It seems like in the past November/December has been the best months to buy the last year's model but I don't know if Mazda would continue the $2000 customer cash after 31st October.

Can anyone advice? Thanks!
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    wow. Under $14k for a mazda3. That's pretty incredible.

No, you don't know what will happen. The 2014s are on the lot, so the manufacturer really has no reason to help dealers clear out the old stock anymore. Personally, I feel that's a fantastic deal on a nice car and it is very likely it won't get any better. And, really, even if it does, how much better could it get? Would I feel bad if somehow I left $500 on the table? No, not really. But that's me.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    paisleyppaisleyp Member Posts: 2
    New 2013 i Grand Touring hatchback automatic with no additional options

22,250 price including delivery but before tax, tag and dealer fees
    -2,500 Customer cash and loyalty incentives
    -----------

Invoice for the car is $23,891 including delivery, so I am looking at a total of $4,091 off of invoice. This seems like a really good deal to me, but dealing with these numbers makes my head spin. What do you guys think? Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    apandyapandy Member Posts: 22
    This seems like a great price. To compare, check amex's truecar pricing. Of all quotes I received, I find that to be the lowest. Your quote is $500 below that which is great.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    With just over 125k on our 2005 S model, it keeps going but the a/c won't work on speed 1 and 2. We just use 3 & 4 and will wait till it cuts out completely I guess. After replacing 2 of the motor mounts a few months back, this sucker drives like new and is super smooth again! The wife refuses to get rid of it and I've suggested just getting a 2014 since she loves the way hers drives. We don't even need the S model this time around as am sure the I has plenty of power. The headlights need to be cleaned up as they have oxidized terribly and there is some hail damage but when I cleaned the car up on Sunday, it still looks pretty good so I do understand her reluctance to cut it from the herd. It is our 1st Mazda and we've been very pleased with it overall. We'll just have to see what the prices are on the '14's after they've been out for a few months to see how much around invoice we can get.

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    jwallsjwalls Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2013
    Got a quote of MSRP $24,700, cash price $23,630 with $500 cash back for a total $23,130, 0% financing for 60 months.

Options: JCP, WLK, CE3, NV3

Central California
  • Options
    paisleyppaisleyp Member Posts: 2
    Is the $500 for owner loyalty or student/militarily discount? If so, the thing to remember about 0% financing vs customer cash is that sometimes the savings you'd get in interest for 0% financing is less that the savings you would get by paying interested and getting the customer cash. This especially true right now with interest rates so low. If you credit is good enough to qualify for the 0% financing, your credit is probably good enough for a low interest rate at a credit union or bank. For example, I got a 1.79% interest rate at a credit union. For a $20,000 loan for 60 months at a 1.79% interest rate would cost about $920 interest over the life of the loan. If you paid that plus got the $2,000 incentive, you are still $1,080 ahead compared taking the 0% financing. You are also likely to have to finance less if you take the customer cash, which also mean less interest paid.

I would shop around to see what the best rate is that you can get on your own and use a calculator like this to compare low interest rate vs cash: http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/incentives-rebates.html

I am not sure about your price because I can't tell what your cash price includes and I am not sure what the option codes are.

I will say that I bought a 2013 i Grand Touring Hatchback recently, with rear bumper plate and wheel locks, $25,060 MSRP. Here is the breakdown of my out the door price:

22,250 Car price
    590 Dealer fees
    42 Tag/Title fees
    1,328 Taxes
    -2,000 Customer cash
    -500 Owner loyalty
    -------------------
    $21,710 OTD

I am in GA, so the market is different here and obviously taxes and fees will be different, but maybe it will give you a point of reference.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Great point about the 0.00% APR not always being a better deal vs. cash back!

FYI, for anyone who reads this, you can go to www.mazdausamedia.com and download Press Releases, hi-res photos, pricing/option sheets and detailed spec sheets for every model from 2006-2014! You can also download Monthly Sales figures and other info. It can be a cool resource.

The pricing sheet shows the option codes mentioned as-

JCP- Pearl Paint Charge- $200
    WLK- Wheel Locks- $55
    CE3- Emissions Equipment (CA)
    NV3- Not listed on Pricing Sheet

I'm not sure if we're talking about a 4-door or 5-door, though.

I live in GA also (about 60 miles N-NE of Atlanta up I-75/575) and I plan to buy a NEW 2014 Mazda3 s Touring 5-door unless I hold out for the 2015 model. Do you mind sharing which dealer in GA you bought your 2013 from?

I currently have a 2006 Mazda3 s 5-door Touring and a 2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD. When I was shopping for my 2006 back in 12/2005, only two dealers in Atlanta had what I wanted and I had horrible experiences at both of them! I ended up buying it from Mazda Knoxville in Knoxville, TN and driving six hours round-trip to get it.

My 2012 CX-9 came from Mazda of Roswell in Roswell, GA and it was a great experience. I bought it thru the Internet Sales Manager and the price he offered was almost $2k lower than what I was prepared to pay! It stickered for $37,385 and I paid $29,207 plus Sales Tax OTD. KBB valued my trade-in at $7,466 and Carmax offered to buy it for $7500 and I got $7500 in trade. I paid cash and didn't fall for any add-ons (extended warranties, service agreements, etc.), so I really got a great deal. But I also bought it in Nov 2012 when the redesigned 2013 CX-9 had just hit their lots.

Anyway, I definitely plan to give them a chance to earn my business again but I'd be interested to know where you purchased yours and how you rate the overall experience.
  • Options
    Hey Sandman- my 2006 s 5-door still drives like new, too. It only has 92k miles on it, but it suffered over $12k in damage in a July 2010 accident. It should have been totaled (only worth about $10,500 at the time) but the at-fault driver's insurance company refused. The original repair estimate was just under $7k, but by the time I finished with them the bill was $11,989! You would never know it had been wrecked just by looking at it or driving it.

It has always lived outside (never garaged) but when I washed and waxed it last month, it was amazing how good it still looks. The paint (Titanium Gray) shines like new except for a few nasty pits/chips in the hood, a scuff on the right front corner and a ding in one of the rear doors. It will be 8-years old in less than a month and it's very sharp for its age!

My headlights are also starting to oxidize and I bought a 3M Headlight Restoration Kit that I haven't used yet. When I get around to trying it, I'll let you know how well it works.

I am in love with the new 2014 model and will probably get one within the next year. I definitely want another 5-door and an 'i' model would probably be fine for my needs, but the 16" wheels just don't quite look right to me. They work on the sedan, but not the 5-door. They should have went with 17" at least on the i Grand Touring, but that's just my opinion.

The s Touring 5-door will likely be the one that I get. As long as the "leatherette" interior looks and feels decent, it will work fine for me.
  • Options
    Personally, I think she should get the same vehicle but she says she wants to go down in size so who knows as I know she didn't like the 2 and is partial to our kids Accent though I prefer the Rio. We did discuss it last night about what it needs now...a radiator fluid change, a brake fluid change and fixing the a/c blower motor problem and I think we're good to go. Looks like she plans on keeping it for the foreseeable future which is cool as I do not drive it...I get it maintained and that's all. But I said that there's got to be a point where it isn't worth putting any more $ into it...at some point it makes no sense and buying new makes sense, as she will not do used. We did agree to put no more tires on it and they are in great shape so I think it is very reasonable to make it to December of 2014 with fixing the above mentioned items. But it's her decision totally!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    dennis8023dennis8023 Member Posts: 1
    Wow! Awesome! Which dealership in SoCal? I'm obsessed to iTouring HBAT as well, and am searching for the best price...
  • Options
    barbie8barbie8 Member Posts: 4
    I was interested in this car, but notice rusting inside tire on 2014! The manager said it was rusting because it has been sitting and will disappear once the car is driven. I googled rust and apparently Mazda vehicles have a rust problem, again this was inside the tire it was all red with rust. We have not reach an agreement yet and buying the vehicle. Unfortunately there are not rebates, etc on 2014 yet.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    That sounds like brake rotor rust, and is normal... Try driving the car for a few hundred yards, then looking at it again...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yep, our '05 has it and once driven, it disappears so nothing to worry about. haven't seen many '14's down here as the wife said she'll look at it for a replacement. Assured her that it's not as ugly as the last generation with that funky looking front grill, she hates it but I think she'll like the '14 and later model. We're shooting for a '15 model for her and think that once she drives it and then the Accent/Rio that she'll decide to stay in the Mazda family. Her '05 has been a very decent vehicle and I think that she'd go for the 2.0 engine this time instead of the larger one like she has now. The "S" model has gotten a bit too pricey and as long as the new one dries as easily as her '05, she'll be happy...says it's the easiest vehicle to drive that she's ever owned and I must admit, it is a nice peppy vehicle. If things go a certain way, I might end up taking it over for awhile as I know she'll want my new vehicle once I do get it.

The Sandman

• Options
    I have no doubt that the 2014 's' models are worth every penny, but the prices still give me a bit of "sticker shock". The 2014 s Grand Touring 5-door with GT Technology Package and Soul Red paint surcharge has a sticker price of $30,190! Meanwhile, my 2006 s Touring 5-door (with no options) stickered for only $18,175. The 2014 s Touring 5-door is a more reasonable $25,890 and has everything I need. It adds the larger engine, 18" wheels, Bi-Xenon headlights and fog lights to the features of the i Grand Touring 5-door. It deletes the Power Moonroof (not a biggie for me) and only costs $800 more than the i GT 5-door.
  • Options
    tomtom18tomtom18 Member Posts: 8
    The dealer is offering me the model above with a 0.9% at a invoice price of 21,750.... is this a great deal to take or should I take the lease offer? Thank you.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2014 Mazda 3, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 13, 2013, for use in a print publication. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, December 11, for a copy of the survey.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    dvin211dvin211 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014

I bought my 2013 Mazda 3 certified used with 31,178 for $11,999. I found another one used at a Nissan dealership about 100 miles from my house for 11,999 with 26722. I wanted a Mazda warranty so I called around to local dealerships. The first one i called quoted me $1500 and asked me about the car I was buying. I told him the price and he said "For that price there has to be something wrong with it. We are selling them for $14,495."
    Long story short they called me back 30 min later and offered to match the price and it was certified. It had 4k more miles but it was certified and only 10 min away from where I lived. I think I got a great deal.