Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• charlie_bcharlie_b Member Posts: 19
    nevermind. about an hour after i posted this, 2 of them showed up on dealers' web sites. if it quits raining, i'll go test drive one today.

looks like they might be starting to deal on the frontiers too. one dealer advertised XE with manual trans for $17k.
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    I just looked at www.nissanusa.com last weekend, and they now show it as a choice on the "Build Your Own" portion of the site.

The earlier specs had shown that is was to be a 5-speed auto, but the current info is that it's a 4-speed.
  • phillyfrontierphillyfrontier Member Posts: 17
    You might be missing one thing -- doesn't all the toyotas recommend premium fuel?

Also in my area I have one Nissan dealer offering all 05 Frontiers and Xterras for $500 under cost!!!!
  • ricceesriccees Member Posts: 24
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but most Toyota trucks still have drum brakes for the rear.
    nissan web site says it's a 4 speed auto.
    4 dealer web sites that have one in stock say 5 speed auto.
    Well, charlie_b, I'd tend to believe the Nissan website. The dealers may have set up their websites in anticipation of the earlier info from Nissan on this one. If you're looking at trucks, check it out and let us all know. I just bought a vehicle, so I'm set for awhile, and may not get around to stopping by the Nissan dealership for several weeks.
  • shineshine Member Posts: 20
    I am considering buy a 4x4 Frontier however I know the Tacoma has bed issues and I am wondering how much weight can I realistically put in the bed? Would 1 14 hp Garden Tractor fit and would it be too much weight. If it would be does any one know if the Chevy Colorado could do the job. Thanks for any help you can give
    i drove an XE 4 cylinder today. window sticker clearly said 5 speed auto trans.
    didn't get it going fast enough to see if it actually shifted 5 times though.
    acceleration seemed to be ok, but i would have liked to take it onto the interstate.

i didn't like the truck because you can't get any of the nice options on it like utilitrack, spray on bedliner, mp3 stereo and black was only color they had. sure you can put some of that stuff on aftermarket, but then you come closer to the price of the LE.

i ended up buying an LE.
    That V-6 has GOT to be tempting. Maybe that's why I'm avoiding the test ride myself. It'd cost me...

Seriously, enjoy the new Nissan. I've had 4 of them, and they were all pretty dang good vehicles - reliable, and fun to drive. Not to mention, functional.
  • idntnvuidntnvu Member Posts: 254
    I got to sit behind the wheel (and in the passenger seat) of a 2005 frontier 4x2 ext cab, and I have to say, I was very impressed with the size. Even for a 4x2 it was high up off the ground like a 4x4. Made me think of the prev. generation Tacoma PreRunner. I liked the way everything looked inside, and the seat was very comfortable, however I won't be getting anything that substantial anytime soon. Nice truck though, they improved it vastly.
  • asaasa Member Posts: 359
    If you're talking Crew Cabs, Fronty's bed is 59.5"/1583 Lbs. Cap'y. and Coly's is 61.1"/1316 Lbs. Cap'y. Add a bed extender and you'll get another 12" on each I suspect. I actually favor the Fronty after measuring my garage, as Fronty's *total* length is 1-1/2" shorter than Coly. Coly is 4-1/4" narrower though, which is also attractive.

Asa
  • plasticproplasticpro Member Posts: 6
    I too wish the NISMO package came with the Homelink/TEMP/COMPASS rear view mirror like the LE version. The dealership I purchased mine from told me it wasn't prewired, but they seemed lazy and didn't really seem too knowledgeable about the truck. If you find out otherwise please let me know. The type of rear view mirror they use in the LE's is an aftermarket unit and is not made exclusively for Nissan. You're probably looking at $500+ to have it installed if it's not prewired.
  • mstgshmstgsh Member Posts: 4
    In Sunday's NY Times there's a great comparison review of the Frontier vs Tacoma. Good reading, with the Frontier being favored in the end!
  • dannykadannyka Member Posts: 115
    A few years ago, I was looking for this mirror for my Pathfinder. I found one at a place called Donnelly. I think what you're looking for is here.

I don't know if they sell directly now, but at the time they would have shipped it to me directly for something under $200. This was about 2000. I never did get it done since my wife took over the PF and wasn't as interested in the mirror as I was.

--Dan
  • danielacostadanielacosta Member Posts: 132
    Here's a link to the article:

link title

>>>>> In Sunday's NY Times there's a great comparison review of the Frontier vs Tacoma. Good reading, with the Frontier being favored in the end! <<<<
    NY Times need to be more accurate. The Frontier (1) does not come in just a 5' bed (2) does not require premium gas.
  • tripletriple Member Posts: 2
    Has any one tried to remove the roof rack on there Frontier. I'm looking to buy one with a sunroof and the upgraded audio but I really don't like the look of the rack on top.
  • kyle hendokyle hendo Member Posts: 13
    I love this truck! I am a 21 year old college student and the functionality of the truck is great. I have the LE 4x4 with the sun roof and the in homelink system. I love the power. I took it to San Diego from las Cruces, NM and the truck did great. On the highway it has all the power you need and the gas indicator works awesome. Already had the oil changed and I reall can not stop driving it!!!
    NY Times writes also wrote that (3) "only the Dodge and GM models still have steel beds", which is wrong -- Fronty's bed is steel. He wrote (4) that "a six-speed manual transmission comes on all models except base SE", which is wrong -- on Crews, ONLY the SE has the 6-Speed. Let's see ... (5) "Sales of full size trucks have fallen ... because the offerings have been rather drab and outmoded", which is ignorant. How can he ignore F-150 and Titan?

If the NYT can't get simple stuff like this straight, I shudder to think how they must butcher world news .....

Asa
  • mstgshmstgsh Member Posts: 4
    if you doubt truck sales are down, check out the stock prices of ford and gm. with ford the f150 sales are down according to latest numbers this or last week - for March. And Nissan offers financing discounted for the titans. they're down and I can believe it driving around in my new truck - everyone on the road's already got a new truck! jeez, how many trucks can they sell?
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,747
    But still, asa's point stands. The credibility of the article is already shot to heck from the sheer number of inaccuracies.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • saraidersaraider Member Posts: 2
    I finally got my hands on a Sirius Satellite Tuner kit and was going to try the install myself even though the instructions say it should be done by a professional. Has anyone else tried it? if so have any tips? or should I take it to a "professional?"

I found some instructions at http://www.leeparts.com/frontiersatellite.pdf

thanks
  • halfcar609halfcar609 Member Posts: 11
    I'ts not difficult to install just follow the instructions. You may want to get an aftermarket antenna to mount on the roof with the appropriate adaptor.
  • saraidersaraider Member Posts: 2
    It was actually a pretty easy install, the hardest part was squeezing under the steering wheel to mount the tuner. The dealership wanted to charge me $100 for the install and I'm glad I didn't get taken for something pretty simple. It only took me a little over an hour and didn't take a "professional."
  • bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    The F150, Titan, and Frontier sales were all up in March not down as the NYT or you say. The sales went up from 3/2004 to 2/2005 to 3/2005. Prices are down, but sales are up. April may be different.
  • agentmatrixagentmatrix Member Posts: 15
    Hello everyone,

What do you guys/gals think of this deal?

Silver Frontier LE CC 4x4 AT with
    Leather Package,
    Sunroof,
    ABLS,
    Side Air Bag Option,
    Floor Mats,
    Micro Filter,

for $31,250 out-the-door
  • kl4121kl4121 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

31,250 is the sticker price for this model and options. You will be able to
    negotiate a few thousands below this.
    I'm not sure if you understood me correctly: 31,250 is OUT-THE-DOOR pricing (ie. already includes sales tax, fees, etc.) So i'm essentially paying $300 over invoice. My other option is to just get the base LE model w/o any options for $27,450 OUT-THE-DOOR price. So that'll be around $180 below invoice.

Thanks for your inputs.
    FYI: My CC LE 4x2 with ABLS, Microfilter, Floor Mats, and Sliding Bed Extender cost me $25,951.05 OTD.
  • seawiz79seawiz79 Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know if Nissan is going to offer the bed that is in the king cab model on crew cab models? I know Toyota does this, will nissan follow?
  • phillyfrontierphillyfrontier Member Posts: 17
    I know some people involved in the auto industry, and Nissan is looking at some re-engineering of the production line rumored to be offering the longer bed option, possible 6' to 6' 1/2ft bed. However it is said it will not be available for about a year. I think they got caught off guard by Toyota offering a bed option.
    I hope Nissan does offer a longer bed in the crew cab. I have a 2003 XE CC 4wd with with longer 6'2" bed. It has been filled numerous times. When they offer the longer bed I will be upgrading to the new model ASAP.
    Thanks for the heads up on the bed. I think that I will postpone my purchase until that time. The bed on the CC is just too darn small and makes the truck look out of porpotion somehow.
  • dennnisdennnis Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 05 le kc 4x4 and paid $24,500 out the door.no options other than the stock goodies.
  • ck640ck640 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my new 05 LE CC w/leather out the door at invoice. Initially, I was keen on the Ridgeline, but came to my senses by going with what I consider a better looking vehicle that is less expensive and has almost all of the same features.

Impressions after 700 miles:
    * With the auto-on headlight feature, it's annoying to not have a green headlight indicator in the instrument panel. Both our MDX and our former S4 have this feature.
    * Going between our MDX and the Frontier, the leg room is a bit short in the Nissan. I have a 48" inseam. But it's tolerable for me on 6 hour drives.
    * Have XM so I ditched the cheap looking fixed mast antennae.
    * Removed the step rails becaused I think they are overkill for this size of vehicle. I like the higher look of the truck without the step rails.
    * Removed the FROTIER stickers from the roof rack. Simple to peel off.
    * Removed the front cross bar of the roof rack to see if wind noise would be reduced. Can't tell yet.
    * I'd like to get rid of the roof rack, but I'd have to have some blank plates created to cover the mounting holes. Roof rack would likely come in handy when transporting a canoe. (I'll likely buy a Yakima hitch mount rack to support the rear of the canoe).
    * I ordered Yakima Blockheads to mount on the front utili-track in support of several road bikes. Do a search on Titan and Blockheads to see the specific hardware to mount these blocks to the utili-track.

Overall, I really enjoy the style, power and handling of the Frontier. Thumbs up from me.
  • roomanrooman Member Posts: 10
    Is VDC now standard on all CCs?
    Are the specs on Nissan's website wrong? :confuse:
    Thanks!

CC Specs Link
  • lennie2steplennie2step Member Posts: 1
    Not a very good price. I got my Frontier LE CC 4x4 with all the equip you listed and a little more. Bed divider, xm radio, for 27,888 Len
  • goldfrontgoldfront Member Posts: 1
    Has any 05 Frontier owners obtained a Penda skidresistor drop in bed liner yet?
    Penda website lists one available I think...but my local Penda dealer says they
    are not available yet.
    Any other high quality drop in liner available for the 05 Frontier yet ?
    Great question, as VDC is listed twice -- once all by itself (showing standard on all Crews) and again, but only as part of a VDC, HDC and HSA 4x4 NISMO/LE Traction Package. A good eye you have.

I keep hoping to see 8-way manual adjustable driver's seat and *factory* keyless entry added to CC SE. Seems really stupid to omit these.

Asa
    Wow, that's an awesome price you have. I assume that's pre-tax, pre-fees and all. Nevertheless, great price! I ended up getting an LE CC with cab extender, ABLS, microfilter and floor mats for invoice pricing. Lowest I could find was $250 below invoice.
  • metuxmetux Member Posts: 2
    Did you trade any thing in? There is no way to compare what your deal to someone else, unless its a cash deal. If you trading in a chevy or toyota makes a
    difference. A dealer can move a Toyota fairly easy and give a better price. He may not want the chevy that means less discount.
    No I didn't trade anything in as dealer wouldn't give me a good value for my trade-in and said it wouldn't matter much wrt to the sale price of the truck.
  • edr4edr4 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 05 LE CC w/an MSRP of almost 28K and got it for just under 25K. Been very happy with it. I notice that after the engine has warmed up, the Oil Pressure indicator drops down to almost the "low" range. I plan to do my first oil change this weekend (3100 miles) to see if anything changes. Has anyone else seen this ??
    It's perfectly normal for any engine's oil pressure to push the lower limit at idle once the engine has warmed up.

Just had the intake collector TSB done today and the engine is definitely quieter. Mileage and performance seems to be better, too, but that's probably more psychological than factual.
    who has the most miles on their 05' frontier? I have 4,900 on mine. love the truck!
    I just got a quote from the dealership by using Edmunds.com. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal, and does anyone know of any future rebates?

Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo
    '05 FRONTIER 4X4 NISMO KG-CB AUTO
    K27-Z
    STORM GRAY, CHARCOAL
    Invoice MSRP
    BASE $22,844 $24,700
    BDT $607 $700
    SPRAY-IN BEDLINER
    CNV $478 $550
    AUDIO/CNV PKG
    EXT $222 $290
    SLIDING BED EXT
    FLO $61 $80
    FLOOR MATS
    MIC $39 $50
    MICROFILTER
    STL ($86) ($100)
    STEEL WHEEL CREDI
    50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $560 $560
    Total $24,725 $26,830

MSRP - $26,830
    Invoice - $24,725
    Internet Price - $24,225
    Available Rebate (optional) - -$0
    Discounted Internet Price - $24,225
  • centralcalcentralcal Member Posts: 215
    I am at 7500 LE CC 4x4. Great truck. Got the intake fixed and quiet and smooth again.
    you got the intake fixed? Becasue my truck has been sounded loud lately. Kinda like a rattle. Could you explain your sound? maybe i need the intake fixed on mine too.
  • centralcalcentralcal Member Posts: 215
    There is a TSB out, I had put a link, but I guess you can't send people to other chat sites (try a google search). But, it is at about 2000 rpm, it really was a mild rattle, sounded like an air intake problem. Worse when the truck was cold, also it got worse the more miles I put on. Got it fixed at about 3500 miles, everything is great now. My mileage has also gone up a litte, could be the engine breaking in also. They fixed it at the factory recently, I think the build date had to be before the end of Feb. Hope this helps.
  • larry10larry10 Member Posts: 88
    Has anyone found any flaws in their 2005 frontier? I mean like tacoma's noises, water leaks ect?
    Flaws: every 05 Tacoma I drove had a problem, ranging from a leaky manifold to a reluctance to go in and out of 4wd. In 6700 miles my NISMO CC 4x4 has been flawless. Had I not heard about the TSB on the intake, I probably would have just lived with the rattle. It's definitely quieter now, and makes me like the truck even more. One design flaw: the hard plastic mudflaps break very easily off-road; soft rubber like Toyota's would be better.

They are still upset with me on the Honda site because I bought the Frontier instead of the Ridgeline. What can I say: I bought the best truck on the market.