Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Mark LT

Comments

• exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    There is news about ford making a lincoln coupe based on the mustang platform, does anyoneknow anything about this??? If true, I hope lincoln won't screw up the name like they did with the "mark LT" when it should have been the "Navigator LT".

Meybe, PLEASE, could they call it the Mark IX?
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    How upset are you gonna be when they name it "Cougar"?
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Wouldn't be bad if they had the BOSS 302 behind that Cougar...
  • ANT14ANT14 Member Posts: 2,687
    Yes, currently the work is being done to study that case (in fact, I mentioned this 2 years ago prior to the Mustangs release). The vehicle will be essentially a Mustang coupe, but it'll have other components added to it, to make it Lincolnized. No it won't be lenghtened, widened, but it'll pay homage to the Mark coupes of the past are definately on the agenda.

As to any more specific, those things are currently being studied and it'll be awhile before anything is set in stone. Being that because the floorplan itself will be intact, and the changes will be elsewhere (to differentiate it from a Mustang), then the developmental time will shrink. I'm guestimating at under 12 months a Job1 date should be set, if everything goes favorably.
  • scootertrashscootertrash Member Posts: 698
    Does that mean oval opera windows?
    This sounds cool! Any idea what it will be called, ANT?
  • chuck1959chuck1959 Member Posts: 654
    How about a Lincoln Monarch?....Capri? or add a rear tire hump on the trunk and call it a Mark IX?.....
    Scooter, The styling aspect of the vehicle hasn't yet been planned out, it's still too early for that.

NvBanker, MARK my words, at this time there's a few names being tossed out there.

How interesting it would be...Mark... and Mark LT...talk about confusing the customer right? Imagine being at the dealership... "I'm interested in seeing the Mark".... "Oh which one, Mark LT, or Mark coupe?" ahhhhhh
    Well, this one SHOULD be the Mark, not the truck, which should have been a Navigator LT. I would vote for MARK IX, hump or no hump.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Discuss ONLY the Mark LT here - the new Mustang-based coupe conversation should be headed towards the Future Vehicles Board.

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host
    "Discuss ONLY the Mark LT here"
    Are we allowed to mention any other vehicle or ONLY the Mark LT?
    Am I in violation of this rule if I mention the Mark LT's similarity to a Ford F-150?
    No analogous conversations allowed, scooter, evidently. :( And that has completely killed the discussion here, did you notice? There's nothing to talk about now. :cry:
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Geez. I follow several boards, just added this one to my list and read the whole thing. So I get to this page and I learn for the first time of a possible Lincoln based on the Mustang. Then the person who brought it up and the few who comment on it are chastised by the "host" and told to take it elsewhere.

My comment is - why are you hosts so quick to stifle a little off-topic chat??? It's a pretty natural way of conversing, yet I see u folks jump in so quick to stop it. Can't u chill a little bit and then *suggest* another board in a friendlier manner? Just a thought.
    I posted about the Mark LT quite a while ago - months and months - and the post was on (don't shoot me) a *different board! I think either Navigator or LS. Heavens. Well, the earth survived and so did I and I'm here to say I agree with most of the quibbles people have with this vehicle. F-150 clone even down to the interior. Thumbs down. Light colored interiors in a truck? Thumbs down IF a dark color is not offered. The name? Stoopid. The concept? Shows a total lack of creativity. ANTs response that it's a cash cow that after number 2000 it's all profit? I guess if that's the way u want to run your business - throw the easiest to make cash cow on the market as quick as possible and hope it works, I guess that's your business. Meantime, America's BEST sedan, and RWD to boot, is left to rot and die a slow death to be replaced by a FWD modified Volvo. I guess that was quick and cheap too, rather than developing the DEW-98 chassis. Ooops - I'm digressing. OUCH - that was me slapping my hand.

Anyone here read what DiLorenzo has to say about Lincoln this week in autoextremist.com? That Lincoln marketing is "totally clueless" amoung other things.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    The purpose of the forums is to have specific make/model discussions where owners and interested parties can discuss that vehicle. We have discussions open for not only every current vehicle, but many discontinued models and quite a few that are not released yet. To keep things from getting out of control, we make sure that discussions stay on-topic.

kcram - Pickups Host
    I agree, Ford's marketing is a joke. Maybe they'll get it someday, but that's another topic all of it's own.

Next years Mark LT will have a few extra toys added to it, and more differentiation...
    Everytime I see GM marketing that new H-3, I think to myself - Why don't I see this many Ads from Ford? I do admit though, I've seen lots of those new Mercury Ads with the cute gal telling me I gotta put Mercury on my list - and they're pretty good.

So, is the LT selling up to expectations, ANT? I understood it was never expected to be a high volume seller.
    I was reading "Dub" magazine and the editors rated the LT as the up and coming cool vehicle to customize if one wants to be ahead of the curve.

The LM person who I spoke with said the LT was exceeding expectations and it's future is safe and since it's proven itself, will have increasing differentiation from the F150, starting this month. There are a few new colors and 20" wheels just arriving. HID headlights are near too.
    "So, is the LT selling up to expectations, ANT? I understood it was never expected to be a high volume seller."

Yes, it's doing well considering gas prices.
  • dinkydau444dinkydau444 Member Posts: 1
    Everyone on here is saying that the LT is too similar to the F-150. This may be true in the fact that they are of similar look and function, but in payments for the vehicle, the LT is very nice.

i have a new LT, on lease, and it's monthly payments are superb compared to what i could've gotten on the F-150. The interior AND exterior are beautiful compared to the 150, and it is extremely roomy. i saw the LT first, and when i went to look at the 150, i knew immediately that it was nowhere near any comparison in how i felt sitting in it. If you can afford to pay off this truck in the long run, or lease it seeings how it is a great deal, i strongly recommend this vehicle
    Having visited a few car shows recently, I'm amazed of how well received it has been with the viewing public. People actually sit in it, touch it, open the doors, slam it, touch things.

While the Town Car next to it was left untouched as some forgotten heirloom of the past...
    Exactly right, ANT14. I was at the Motor Trend show in Vegas Saturday. I'm one of those who got in and sat in the LT, and so did a fair amount of others. I also checked over the Town Car that was there. It was the "Designer" model - didn't know there was one. But it was otherwise left pretty much untouched, just like Lincoln has done to it since about 00. The Mercury Messenger was there - WOW - if only they would make that car! However, I'm not in love with Messenger as a name for it. Should have called it Mark 9 - but now they can't, the Mark is a truck.

The Zephyr was there - getting lots of attention from the Blue Hairs - more than I thought it would. Mother and Dad were sitting in it, and trying everything out. The LS was barren of attention - sat there like the Town Car did.

On the Ford side - the Cobra and GT were nice. The poor Five Hundred was totally invisible - not a soul bothered to even check it out. I made the guys with me get inside and see how comfortable it was, and they agreed it was, but were terribly underwhelmed with the style. The Fusion was getting some pretty intense scrutiny.

I was glad to see Lincoln busy though. Buick and Pontiac you could have shot a cannon through and not hurt anybody. Nobody even around the Solstice, which surprised me.
    I felt sorry for Buick, the only time I saw people on that HUGE allocated space, was people cutting through.

I personally have an issue with the floor helpers, Lincoln uses for L/M displays.

Dont' worry too much about the Messenger. The Message is loud and clear...and it's COnseqUently GuARanteed that a 2door coupe is/was being studied, and now in the phases of a definate answer towards production.
    Excellent! I hope it takes many cues from the Messenger.
  • buckwheatbuckwheat Member Posts: 396
    Ford Motor Company's automotive luxury brand Lincoln is launching a new lifestyle-oriented custom website, http://www.lincolnlounge.com. The website will debut officially on Monday December 19..

More, http://tinyurl.com/cmpao
    As I posted previously, After I attended the SEMA show, I perceived a marketing change for Lincoln.
    With the Magic Johnson edition of the Mark LT, Funkmaster Flex at the Ford booth and the ads and stories about Lincoln and the Mark LT in "Dub" magazine.

Did you catch this quote directly from Ford's Lincolnlounge website?:
    "By the 1970s,...It was all about the Mark V, VII and VIII. These cars had a shape that was pure 70s, with a swagger in the back that was all attitude.

Back in the day, there were three hot cars for the African American community: the Mark, the Town Car and the T-Bird.

Up until that time, Ford had been generally perceived as a middle-class White car company. But Lincoln changed all that.
    "

I didn't know that.
    " I've seen lots of those new Mercury Ads with the cute gal telling me I gotta put Mercury on my list"

'Cute'? Man, she's 'HOT'. Strange Mercury is trying to sell to women, cause that gal's got the stuff that attracts men and makes women jealous.
    Well, Mercury wants to sell to women, now Lincoln wants to court African-Americans, Volvo and Jaguar advertise to the "gay lifestyle". So where does that leave me, a white heterosexual male? zoom zoom zoom? :>)
    So where does that leave me, a white heterosexual male?
    BUICK!

JOKING!
    You always try to advertise in all possible mediums and attract all possible customers.
    No one has posted here in a month, but at least no one mentioned any other Lincoln vehicles.
  • The 2007 Escalade pickup has a different interior from its Chevy and GMC stablemates. The regular Escalade and Escalade extended have significant style variations from the other two.

On the other hand, you could order an uplevel F150 and also order and install a Mark LT grill, and most people would not see any difference between your F150 and a Mark. Lincoln should have immediately fixed the Blackwood's problems (no 4WD option and no open bed option) and they would have had a usable truck that did not look like an F150. But they didn't.
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    Car_Man
    Im looking to get out of my 04 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4 and into a Mark LT...is this a good deal?

MSRP: $45,510
    Residual: 53%
    Lease end value: $24,120.30
    12,000 miles allowance per year

A-Plan price: $39,201
    Cash Cap Reduction: $52.47
    Rebates: $5,000
    Total for Trade $20,000. (The average price for your trade is $19,700 according to our sources...we are giving you $20,000 if it's in as pristine condition you indicate. KBB is a little high. Our sources reflect many more factors and are more accurate.Please see my note below.)
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    APR: 2.5%
    Total Sales Tax: $1378.20
    License and Fees: $90.25
    Due at start: $950.00
    35 remaining payments of $479 per month.
    The vehicle we based these figures on is currently in stock and includes a 3.73 ratio limited slip axle; power adjustable pedals; chrome running boards; tow package; 18" chrome wheels; reverse sensing system; satellite radio

I'm hoping to act quickly.
    Thanks
    Please control your excitement over this distinctive product.
    While this topic only gets one post per month, it is good no one is mentioning any other vehicles and wrecking this discussion.
    link Click Here

Seems to be selling as expected.
  • Well, that's putting a good face on it. They expected sales of 10,000 to 20,000 and got 10,000 by using heavy incentives. Further, they expect that to slip to 7,000 over the next year.

For what they cost, both the Caddy and the Mark look too much like their Chevy and Ford counterparts--even more so than the SUV wagons do. I still wonder how the Blackwood would have done if it had offered a conventional bed (at least as an option), a bench rear seat, and 4WD.
    That's good news, and pretty surprising, that the LT is outselling the ESV.

I've been told by two well placed LM people that they admit the current LT is a pretty half-***ed attempt.
    It was a market test and it passed better than they expected and once they saw the sales figures, it was decided about 6 months ago to commit to the project. It will always be a fancy F-150, but expect to see it actually have it's own headlights this time.
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    The Mark LT managed to beat out the Escalade EXT in February sales, and overall 2006 sales.

1024 Mark LTs were sold in February, and 2055 for the year so far. Escalade EXT in comparison were pathetic, only 368 sold in February and 720 for the year so far.

This could be attributed to the launch of the new and much improved Escalade family. I'll bet a lot of people are holding off now, waiting for them. I predict once the new Escalade EXT comes out, the Mark LT will be discontinued as it just cant compete.
    What I was told by a few LM people a few months ago is supported by the fact they are unveiling a revised 07 Mark LT (still hate the name ) at the New York Auto show later this month.

They know (and privately admit) it's a pretty weak effort, but it sold well enough to warrant more commitment. It will still have the same weak 5.4 engine as the F-150 and will give up 75-100 hp to the Cadillac.
    To compete, they will continue to price it significantly less than the Cadillac.

I know it's just a fancy Ford, but I'd buy one once they more fully commit to the project.
    It will be interesting to see what it looks like after seeing the 2007 Navigator.
    HoHo. You'd buy one? Why? What if it has the same ridiculous grille that the 2007 Navi has? Wanna bet?
  • If the revision is as dramatic as the front end changes made to the MKZ, we might not even recognize it!!

Note to heyjewel: we are safe from cheesegraterland, because the Navigrater grill will not fit in the F150 grill hole. Oh, wait, there is a lot that could be done with tin shears...
    There will be more revisions to the next MarkLT than a grille swap...
    That's good-
    When is it supposed to be made public? Later this month?
    Give it a month or 2.
    If the Mark LT is such a good seller how come I hardly see any?
    Maybe 'Cuz you thought they were F-150's.
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    I heard somewhere that a revised version will be shown at this year's New York Auto Show - is that true?
    Yes, it'll be showin one of the upcoming auto shows.