Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Mark LT

1234568»

Comments

• bar20bar20 Member Posts: 15
    The 08 LT 4 x 2 has traction control, The 4 x 4 does not and I am not sure why you would nead it. Side airbags IMHO just adds to the cost of the vehicle, it's a safety item but do I really need them? Some of the reviews I read about the 09 with the six speed tranny were not too kind. The 08 LT is a four speed with overdrive. As someone else said, when I come to a stoplight and look over in my LT, I am not going to see someone next to me with the same truck, unlike an F-150!
  • Most people would see little to no difference between your LT and an 04 - 08 F150 equipped the same way. That grill is the big difference and is obtainable aftermarket for an F150.

The side airbags definitely make the truck a safer ride. It is often erroneously assumed that the wider, taller stance by itself provides good side protection. Not necesarily so. Besides...why do you want a luxury vehicle that doesn't offer stability control, side airbags and other things that are standard on many non-lux vehicles? BTW, that six speed provides better fuel economy than the four speed.

Of course the LT is a good truck, as it is based on the F150, a good truck. But there is also a reason it is now defunct: it did not sell. That was in part due to the cynical badge engineering job. As dumb as the Blackwood was with its non-optional covered trunk and no availability of 4WD, at least it had unique Lincoln styling. The LT may have been more viable if they had used Navigator body panels and interior.
    Maybe it's because I am one hell of a driver,I have never been in a side impact crash, with over 2 million miles on the clock. I don't live in the snow nor travel in it. If I was going to buy an 09 I would get a Dodge with the Hemi, a better engine than Ford's with more power and same MPG. Plus I don't pull a trailer..
  • I have never been in a side crash either. Never used any kind of airbag (or side beam protection or shoulder belt...other than wearing one). Still, I want my vehicles equipped with them just in case...but maybe that is just me.

I agree that the Dodge is a much more thorough re-do than the F150 is, but both 09s are safer, better built, quieter, and more efficient than the 08s they replaced. The Ford will have more engine choices in a year or two.
    I personally don't like the boxy look and huge grill of the 09 Ford. You get a 4 year btb warranty with the Lincoln not 3 year that the Ford has. I get complimentary scheduled maintenance for 12 mo./12k miles. I get a 6 yr/70k power train warranty and 24 hr roadside assistance for that time period. Like I mentioned earlier my 4 x 2 has traction control which I prefer over stability control but maybe that's just me.
    What sold me on the 08 LT was the employee pricing and $8500 dollars in Lincoln rebates. All together I saved over $16k off of MSRP I payed $30k for a $46k truck. I don't think you could come close in the 09 Platinum which replaced the LT. Bottom line is I am very happy with my purchase.
  • I don't think the grill of the 09 Ford (the biggest change in looks...other than lengthening the 4 door cabin) is all that attractive or graceful either. Dodge did a much more graceful re-do of their truck.

You can certainly buy vehicles with traction control that do not have stability control, but not vice versa. Traction control is part of the stability control package.

There are some awfully good deals out there. What goes with those huge discounts is huge depreciation. It doesn't matter of course, if you plan to keep the vehicle a very long time. Operating costs tend to show that what you save on buying tends to take away from trade-in value. However, paying more at the beginning for a more popular/in demand model, just to get better re-sale, may not b teh best deal either, if you are only getting back a portion of the extra you paid at the beginning anyway.

Everything is a trade-off. You got a better warranty and a vehicle whose looks you like better. The Platinum (or King Ranch if you like that grill better) has better interior materials, stability control (and of course traction control), side and canopy airbags (proven additional safety), better mpg, an even more rigid frame...and it will not be an "orphan.".

Last fall, the deals were darn good on 09s too. With gas falling so far, it may be a bit harder to get a huge discount now. And the thing of it is, you have to buy sometime, but you can almost count on--no matter what you buy--seeing the next model year offer further improvements that weren't available to you.
  • GeppertGeppert Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a used Linc Mark LT but it does not have the backup sensors. I was wondering if the members here have any suggestions as to how to have it done or is it necessary to go to the Stealership?
    Mine was the same. I called around to a few Stealerships and the prices were all over the map then I found out that these are generally done by aftermarket installers. By a fluke, one of the Stealerships put me directly in touch with their installer and I had it done for half the normal price PLUS the bonus was that not only did they install the sensors but he head unit both beeped AND displayed the distance digitally (which I really like). They also installed an off/on switch so I could shut if off when towing a trailer. So the wind up of this preamble is to consider getting it done by an aftermarket installer.
    Any recommendations for Programers for the MArk LT?? (I have a 2006).

I checked out the Edge Evolution but they say on the site that they DO NOT work on the Mark LT?
  • krs1055krs1055 Member Posts: 1
    i have an 07 lt with the edge programmer thats listed for an f-150. works just fine and makes a big difference.
  • glorifiedf150glorifiedf150 Member Posts: 3
    Pontiac's old slogan was "The mark of great cars". I believe that it applies particularly to Lincoln as well.....generally speaking. Lincoln's modern styling is uniquely handsome. I abandoned my GM roots and came over to a Lincoln Mark LT in '06, when the distinguished look of it caught my eye. It's going on 4 years old and it still turns head and commands nods. Now don't get me wrong - it hasn't been without it's problems. Everyone here should acknowledge that anything man-made - mechanical and/or electronic, is going to fail, in some manner, at some time or another. Some sooner than others. Almost immediately, mine started falling into "engine failsafe mode" occasionally, and for no apparent reason. I simply shut it down, restart, and be on my way. Secondly, the brake rotors warped within the first year, affecting my stopping stability. Darn if I know how, why or when - it just started shuddering one day. The driver's side window button/motor works when it wants to. The sliding rear window seal has come off, although I rarely open and close it; and the 6-disc CD changer won't read discs in slots 2, 3, 4 and 5. Despite all these "quirks", I'm not gonna' condemn the whole line of trucks. In fact, although disappointed with it's various failings, I'd buy another one - if and when they re-introduce them. Y'know why? Because when me, the wife and the kids roll up, we roll up in elegant style; and I deserve that now - given all the hard work we've done to achieve where we are now....and no one else needs to know about the minor flaws in my vehicle, just as I'm sure theirs has 'em too. I'm not too crazy about the gas mileage. It is relatively thirsty - but hey, it's a V-8 truck and I knew that going in. What really confuses me, though, is that I seemingly have no control over my fuel economy. The analog fuel gauge and the digital "miles to empty" read-out are so in sync, 'ticking' away my fuel by the mile regardless of what the "MPG" readout says, or how conservatively slow I drive. (???) It's almost as if the engine and computer are specifically tuned to consume the gas at a constant rate no matter how fast or slow I go. (Anybody else experienced this phenomenon?) >>> Hats off to the new "upgraded" F-150's! They do look great - because they took styling cues from the Mark LT.
  • They took styling cues from the Mark LT? The exterior of the Mark LT is the Ford F150's, with a modified grill and tail lights added to the tail gate. The new F150 Platinum edition is the replacement for the Mark here. In Mexico, they actually offer a new Mark LT, based on the '09 F150, but the demand here wasn't large enough to justify a new one here.

Sorry about all your glitches. No, that is not normal. These days, you should be well able to drive a new vehicle for three or four years without anything at all going wrong. That has been my experience in several cars and trucks owned in the past decade or so.
  • glorifiedf150glorifiedf150 Member Posts: 3
    gregg: You're right. I mis-spoke. What I meant was that the new F-150's are being dressed up more luxuriously than previous year models, which I perceive as being borrowed from the 'flavor' established in the Marks. It's bold and clever actually - a hybrid blending of traditional rugged workhorse, with sporty pizazz, with luxury trim and appointments. Honestly speaking - whereby I wouldn't want to go mud-bogging in my Mark; I'd definitely take a new F-150 to the opera.
  • phenmoniaphenmonia Member Posts: 1
    own a navigator 1998, love the lt, think ford engine is b/c production ended and repairs will be inevitable, so ford parts will be available endlessly...I gotta have one, but hard to find one since 2006 was last production year any suggestions?
  • railstockrailstock Member Posts: 1
    All
    I have a 2006 Mark LT and now stuff is starting to fail like window switches, belt tensioner and of course the part in question ALL FREAKING 4 of the dashboard directional air vent linkages. Just crumbled to the flow within a week of each other. Ford says is like $400 installed. There is minimal labor as they just pop in and out.Yes the part is cheap plastic too. I don't want to pay Fords price SO DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET REPLACEMENTS FOR THESE AND HOPEFULLY A MODIFIED VERSION?
    Thanks
    Rick
  • Several 2013 models are out already. They will have to move fast now to get the 2011 Mark LT to market. Maybe it will now have side airbags and stability control. Maybe even something more than a 4 speed automatic. One can always hope.
    I have a 2006 Mark LT with the all leather wrapped steering wheel. I have seen in some pix that some of the later models have a partial wood steering wheel. I am wondering if I can get one of these to retrofit into my 2006??? I've asked my local dealer about it a couple times and they have absolutely no clue nor can they find the replacement part #. It would probably cost a bloody fortune to do this but I am curious anyway.

Does anyone here have any insight into this?