Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Titan Maintenance and Repair

1121314151618»

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Wow Nissan issues a recall on 2004 models in 2011? What's wrong with that picture?

BTW, if you had it repaired by an independent you can file a claim with Nissan for reimbursement.
  • titan8titan8 Member Posts: 41
    Nissan is very good on fixing any recalls!!! or any problems in that matter. I had many American vehicles but changed all family vehicles to Honda and Nissan, why The vehicles are always on the road and not in the shop, My 2004 titan has 95,200 miles went in shop for brakes and recall on engine control module, that is it. Love Nissan/ Honda products.
    Love Nissan/ Honda products.

Then you weren't one of the many who had their brand new Titan, Armada, or Q56 parked at the dealership for weeks while the module was on nationwide backorder. Imagine having a brand new car sitting on the dealer's lot waiting for parts. This was back in 2004 and only in 2011 they finally issue a recall. I'm just wondering what caused them to recall only now. Think it has anything to do with Toyota? For me I have to submit an invoice for reimbursement.

They require not only the original invoice but credit card statement showing the date and actual charge to your card. What a pain.
  • red05red05 Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem its either your ac or heater, it'll still work but not 100 percent. Mine was tapping for 2 months and it went away annoying sound. but go to the dealership and get it check.
    05 Nissan Titan 70 000k my front axle disengage from my differential needed a new assembly. 100 000k my back differential ring and pinion broke had to get a new . 107 000k notice that my shackles for my leaf spring unraveled and lowered my back end 2 inch causing the shackle to rub against the bottom of my bed . My question is, is their people out their with the same problem as i did?
  • r955r955 Member Posts: 1
    the spider gears break in the rear end, my truck just did this at 126,000 miles, there are no replacement parts available, 2750$ for a new rear end, I live this truck and have had relatively few problems with it, for the money I have to spend repairing it, it is still cheaper than buying an american truck, and it runs MUCH MUCH better than a chevrolet or a Ford in my opinion. things wear out, and we drive it like a racecar, tow with it, and generally abuse it. However we are maintenence freaks, always changing fluids . I would buy another one, but I dont need to I will just continue to maintain this one, much cheaper, even with a new rear end, than the $7200 a year in payments!!!
  • pearsn1pearsn1 Member Posts: 1
    did you ever get an answer for what was going on with your truck? I am having the same problems and I can't figure it out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • pearlcubfanpearlcubfan Member Posts: 1
    My truck has worked great utill...tonight went to get it and it will try to crank but will not trun over. Drove it all weekend never had a problem. All gauges last night were normal never missed a beat. I tried to jump start it nothing. Not sure the problem. Help please
    There is a recall for what you described. What month was it manufactured in 2005?
    IPDM recall PC068
    Hi, I have 2004 model also,with 109,000 miles and the only thing I had wrong, is the rear diff. seals leaked, But the starting problem you have, Have you checked the crank shaft sensor? If that stops reading,your engine will not start.
  • tampermantamperman Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Titan that I purchased new. It just turned 70,000 miles. I experienced the same problem a few times a few years ago and searched online for answers after getting no help from the dealer because it wouldn't happen when they had the vehicle. One simple suggestion solved the problem. Just check the level of your brake fluid. It seems that if it gets just a teeny bit low it affects your computer to somehow think something is wrong. I fill it up just to a little above the line and everything is fine as long as I check it every now and then. You say you had a buzzing from the steering wheel area. Perhaps you should check the power steering fluid also becaus maybe that might have the same affect.
    I read your Statement, your so correct!!! on the Brake issue, I changed over to the Brimbo Rotors, The best thing I did after the truck had 75,000 inwhich Nissan taken care of it, Ever since I changed the rotors never had another Brake problem again---I have 109,000 miles on this truck, Bought it brand new in 2004, and runs like a top, Changed to synthetic oil ,Ams oil, at 10,000 miles,again, I have 109,000 and I change the oil every 25,000 miles or one yr, what ever comes first.
  • babydoll14babydoll14 Member Posts: 5
    I took my 04 titan to get an amp and speakers put in, they had the key turned and ran down the battery completely. after charging the battery the truck started but then died. since then it cranks but wont start. any suggestions? :confuse:
    There is a fuse pack on the side of the battery, check to make sure one of those fuses did not blow
    Sounds more like the installer screwed with the security system which now has you locked out thus the no start condition.
  • babydoll14babydoll14 Member Posts: 5
    well the sound shop towed my truck to the dealership and dealership took 3 days to figure it out... they did a relay recall on it. didnt solve the problem then they ordered the ACM that did it... running now... with some idling issues but it running... phew... :) apparently they may have recharged the battery wrong... :confuse: