Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Durango Prices Paid and Buying Experience

13»

Comments

• kfranci2kfranci2 Member Posts: 31
    It doesn't appear to add up to me. I am pricing a Durango listing at $38.5K with an invoice of $34K and if you take the 8,000 rebates off and 50% residual, then i get a payment with 0 down of $298.
  • automomautomom Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to lease a dodge durango SLT 4x4 2006 with interior convenience, 3rd row (3-pass), awd t/case, 5.7L Hemi Multi Displacemnt engine, gray running boards--sticker 33,430 sticker with above add ons 36,520

I qualify for employee pricing and want to use all rebates etc possible. I also qualify for a returning lease loyalty rate. I'm looking to lease in the MetroDetroit area, but I'm willing to drive if a better lease deal is possible elsewhere.

Before rebates and employee discounts I'm looking at a price of around 32,662 this is off the tmv on edmunds.

What money factor & residual should I be getting. I want to lease for no more than 24 months and have 12,000 miles a year. With $0 down What do you think the monthly payment would be?

Also this is the first time I've ever posted to any site, so if I'm not doing it correctly I appologize.
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    We ended up scrapping the idea of the lease and purchased a year old loaded HEMI SLT instead, with 19500 miles. The dealer gave us a sweet deal on the price and the interest rate wasnt bad either!
  • t0ddndet0ddnde Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2006 Durango Limited with every option available except GPS. The sticker price was about 42K. I bought it with the E.P. price Employee Price of $28,6000 after rebates.

So far, I really love this truck.
  • plainsmanplainsman Member Posts: 6
    Good price! Ours was 06 with everything except the skids, but with mudsplash guards and tow hooks for $31.x.

The nav is really nice. Our sticker was $42.x too. We bought ours in June this year.

We ended up in minneapolis one night and our son had to go to the hospital, that night the nav paid for itself driving down town. :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings dodgehappy. You never mentioned the selling price of the Durango that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • sasukesasuke Member Posts: 77
    I'm interested in the 4x4 Limited Durango with the Hemi.
    24, 27, or 36 months with 15k miles.

Selling price is 37k, so around how much would that be to lease?
    Hi sasuke. I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP. This number is used to calculate the depreciation portion of your truck's payment. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tnman1tnman1 Member Posts: 5
    I leased a 2004 Durango in August 2004. I prepaid the lease.
    About a month ago, I received a promotion from Chrysler called "Pull Ahead". It indicated that Chrysler would pay up to three of my lease payments if I would stop by my local dealership and discuss this with them. I was subsequently informed by Chrysler that since I prepaid my lease, nothing could be done. In the past week, I received another "Pull Ahead" promotion and this time it stated that I would have up to five of my lease payments paid by Chrysler if I would stop by or call the dealership. I have called Chrysler and e-mailed them about this and I expect the same answer. Any suggestions on how to pursue this and possibly have some sort of similar offer made?

Thanks
    Hi tnman1. I am surprised that DaimlerChrysler told you that the fact that you pre-paid your entire lease precludes you from taking advantage of its early termination program. I have seen a number of these offers where manufacturers will refund a portion of the pre-paid lease to consumers who want to take advantage of an early termination program. I guess if Chrysler told you that this cannot be done that it can't.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks Car man,

I am really getting annoyed with Chrysler. I didn't notice in the lease agreement until a few months back that there is also a $300 return fee if you do not lease again, purchase the leased vehicle, or buy another Chrysler product. They recently sent me a $500 discount coupon on Dodge products that has to be used before my lease expires. When I contacted Chrysler financial about their latest offers, they e-mailed me back and said they couldn't find my account on file and to contact customer service. Customer service has sent me to Chrysler financial in the past. Sort of a revolving door that leads to nowhere. I had leased three Mercury Mountaineers in the past and for the most part, things went very smooth but with no incentives after the third one expired, then I turned to Chrysler. Chrysler really needs to do a better job of keeping up accurately with their customers if they expect to keep them.I will post any other offers I receive should they be forthcoming.
    You're welcome, tnman1.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • bgiannantoniobgiannantonio Member Posts: 15
    Where did you get the $500 coupon. I am presently looking to lease a new 2007 Limited coming out of a 2004 Durango and could use the additional $500 coupon. Can you let me know how you can get it.thanks
  • njdealguynjdealguy Member Posts: 13
    Hello,

I am looking at a loaded 2007 Durango Limited Loaded...

44310 MSRP

40275 My negotiated price before rebates

7500 Rebates

2000 cash down

16395 residual

The monthly payment quoted is 580.00.

Is this a good deal? Or am I in trouble here. This is the lowest I have heard so far. Other monthly quotes with similar numbers are $590 - $ 600 a month.

Please advise...

Thank You,
    Hello,

44310 MSRP

7500 Rebates

2000 cash down

16395 residual

Is this a good deal? Or am I in trouble here. This is the lowest I have heard so far. Other monthly quotes with similar numbers are $590 - $ 600 a month.

Please advise...

Thank You,
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Look up the Durango you want used with about 16000 miles on it (kbb.com and nada.com). (The 44000 model probably wholesales for 25000 year 1 is my guess) Durango is the valedictorian for depreciation.
    Anyway, take the 1 year used wholesale price and add 15-20% for a good deal on a new one. that probably puts us around 29-30000 purchase price.

A good lease deal on something in this range is about 300-400+/mo for a 36 month 15000mi/yr lease with taxes (7%) included and little money down. Notice the big range as most lease deals are not attractive, and true finance rates with banks can vary widely. (leases are meant to be fleeces) You may be a into the 450+ range with the Durango with those terms due to the depreciation. As you can see, your deal ($650/mo) is nothing to write home about. (which isn't surprising) This assumes you have good credit.

If you must lease (own your own business) Email 10-30 dealers end of month (dodge website) for payment quotes with your specs, fact you are contacting 20 dealers and your criteria (no money down 15k 36 mo inc taxes etc) Work the top 3-4 bidders against one another via cellphone. Perhaps get direct purchase prices too. Calculate what a direct 30k purchase with your credit union's 5.x percent or so rate would be for 3-4 years. Compare it to the lease.

If the lowest you have heard so far is your survey walking into 2-3 dealerships or reading some ads you may be in for some fun as the Durango moves like lead and you may be able to work a very low deal.

--Good luck
    --jjf

Hello,

44310 MSRP

7500 Rebates

2000 cash down

16395 residual

Please advise...

Thank You,
    Thank you for the reply. I guess I will have to wait till the old end of the month to get a better deal. I have e-mailed 6 dealers so far and the $580 a month is the best I have seen.

Wait and see mode now I guess...

Thanks again...
    The coupon was mailed to me by Chrysler through by my local dealer. Farm Bureau Insurance used to give a $500 discount coupon on certain Dodge products if you were insured by them. They have now switched to GM and I don't know if the Dodge is still included. Hope this helps.
  • knevardknevard Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the current Money Factor being offered by Chrysler Financial for a 2007 Dodge Durango?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hi njdealguy. Hopefully you never finalized your lease on the Durango that you are interested in June because DaimlerChrysler significantly enhanced its lease program in July. Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. A loaded 2007 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD probably has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So the selling price that you are being given is probably right around invoice minus any available cash incentives, which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi knevard. I have seen Chrysler Financial's current lease program for the Dodge Durango and I would be happy to give you an idea of what it is like. This truck's program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance though. So I need you to provide me with these variables to provide you with accurate information. For now I can give you a representative sample of what this truck's lease program is like. If you were to lease a 2007 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be an amazingly low .00001 and 37%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    Car Man:

Can you give me the money factor and residual for a Durango Limited 4WD with 12000 miles per year for 36 months?
    Here you go, hardhawk. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 38%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash and $3,500 lease cash that are available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ahrmlessahrmless Member Posts: 1
    Currently coming out of a 3 year lease on a Dodge Durango 2004. It is a 2WD limited with all the bells and whistles. Paid $1500 down at lease signing. Lease payment with taxes was $450. To get the identical Durango in a 2007 the lease price went up to $630. I have stellar credit and never missed a payment. Over a three year lease this is an out of pocket increase of over $6400! Either Dodge has gone crazy with prices - or inflation is different at Chrysler - or the vehicle has a much higher depreciation than it did three years ago.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    The residuals have tanked and that is why these are so expensive to lease now. It is crazy. New incentives and lease rates should be out tomorrow. Maybe things will get better on the cash back for returning lessee front.
    Check out the Aspen. Residual is higher, money factor is good, and incentives are getting better. Went from a Durango into an Aspen and there are some notable differences and some that are very similar. Got ours in cognac which is described as brownish/red by some and is a nice color. Overall, a much nicer vehicle that is priced reasonably.
  • rsedajrrsedajr Member Posts: 1
    This is my deal, 2007 dodge durango limited with sunroof, running boards, leather, etc. MSRP $36K plus $1800 in dealer addons, for a total start price of $37,800. Dealer is giving me a $2K cash back on my trade in, and providing zero interest for 72 months at $425/month. Financed amount $30,600.

Is this a good deal? Or should I push for a $30K less the $2K in equity? Last one on lot.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks to talk with consumers who just purchased a new large SUV. Please send the make and model of your vehicle along with your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 8, 2007.
  • armchair_q_bacarmchair_q_bac Member Posts: 3
    I will be buying a new 07 or 08 durango in the next couple of weeks, any advice on how to get the best price? I have a supplier discount through my work that really knocks the price down, but now I hear that it is possible to get an employee discount number. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with or any info on how to get one? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Forget about the marketing gimmmicks and email 10-20 dealers for bids towards end of month. The 32000msrp 06 durango 4x4 barely wholesales for 17000, making it the leader in depreciation from msrp. You want at least 11000+ off a 07 durango, more for the 420000 model (look up the 06 used)

Good luck
    --jjf

I will be buying a new 07 or 08 durango in the next couple of weeks, any advice on how to get the best price? I have a supplier discount through my work that really knocks the price down, but now I hear that it is possible to get an employee discount number. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with or any info on how to get one? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
  • armchair_q_bacarmchair_q_bac Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice. I have an 07 limited that I am working on. The msrp is a little over $43000.00 plus they added about $700 in after market stuff ( window tint, billet grill and chrome door handles). They are offering $6000 off to move the 07, I get around $4500 off from my supplier discount and have talked them down about another $1500 to a price of $31500 . however If I can come up with an employee discount it will knock almost $750 off of that. I don't want to sound greedy, but if the discount is available I would like to take it. I'm sure Dodge wouldn't have any objections with me giving them another $750. So how about it guys, anyone have an EC number left?
    If you look up the wholesale price of a 06 43000msrp limited durango you will find it is about 21000. Your 07 vehicle will wholesale for this next year (if you are lucky, and/or gas is still about 3.00.) Even 15000-16000 off is no great shakes so by all means get greedy. A durango limited like this is has always sold for about 13000 off mid year on for at least the last 4 years whether supplier discount, military, college grad, college dropout etc.

Good luck
    --jjf

Thanks for the advice. I have an 07 limited that I am working on. The msrp is a little over $43000.00 plus they added about $700 in after market stuff ( window tint, billet grill and chrome door handles). They are offering $6000 off to move the 07, I get around $4500 off from my supplier discount and have talked them down about another $1500 to a price of $31500 . however If I can come up with an employee discount it will knock almost $750 off of that. I don't want to sound greedy, but if the discount is available I would like to take it. I'm sure Dodge wouldn't have any objections with me giving them another $750. So how about it guys, anyone have an EC number left?
  • shabrshabr Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    We are looking into the purchase of a new 07 Limited Durango, loaded with almost all options - Navigation, Satellite radio, Rear video system, remote start, back bucket seats with heat, etc.
    The dealer has said that the only current incentive is the 6,000 off - still want almost 35K for the vehicle. The did also mark down their price to 35,996 as the "true market value" - but still only will to go down to 34800.
    Anyone out there no of any other rebates or incentives? We also looked at a 2007 limited explorer with virtually the same options, but it was only 29k. I just can't imagine a Durango would cost more!
    Any suggestions?
  • shabrshabr Member Posts: 2
    We've been looking into a new or barely used Durango limited (prefer used, the depreciation on these vehicles is a killer!).
    We have an offer for a brand new from one dealer with dealer incentives and holdback removed, and now another offer for virtually the same vehicle (with about $300 more in options), but it is a demo. They are asking MSRP less the $6k dealer incentive and less all but $200 of holdback totaling over 34K. No adjustment for the almost 3k miles on the car.
    Anyone have experience with purchasing a demo? How to negotiate for this? I look at Edmunds pricing on this vehicle as a used vehicle and MSRP is 31k! Low wholesale is 26K... I just can't fathom purchasing a USED vehicle for NEW price - anyone have experience with this?
    Any advice would be appreciated!
  • snoopy71snoopy71 Member Posts: 32
    Just passing through here... I posted this inquiry in some of the other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep forums, so I thought I'd try here too.

Wife & I have twins on the way (in addition to our 3-yr old) so we need to bite the bullet and get a minivan. We're going to get a Dodge GC or a Chrysler T&C sometime in June. Money will be real tight since wife will be quitting work to stay home, hence us going down to one income, so if anyone has a friends code for 2008, then I would reeeeeeally appreciate it. .... I'll even put you on my Christmas card list!!

e-mail me here at carspace and let me know....
    A 31k msrp dodge durango barely wholesales for 17000 in a year i would guess, and that would be optimistic. A 42k durango probably in the 22-25k range. I presume that is what you mean. Look these up on kbb.com and nada.com. (look up 07 vehicle compared to new 08). Check out my message 4681 in the Hyundai Sonata Forum and The chevy silverado and Dodge Ram 1500 prices paid forum.

The 42000 Dodge Ram 1500 barely wholesales for 22000 in 12 months. It has sold all day long brand new for 12000 off msrp on average the last 4 years or so. Should be much more now the last 12 months. I would find it hard to believe the Durango fares much better. These vehicles have sold new with heavy advertised and hidden incentives for years, and should be much heavier now. (Due to their high unrealstic factory determined msrp) Get 10-20 bids via email for best price on vehicle with your specifications last week of the month from the Dodge website (dealer locator) within a 100-200 mi radius of your home. Work the top 2-4 bidders against one another.

In general Demo's aren't worth messing with, unless they will sell it for considerably less than the lowest deal you can get on an 08. You should be able to get a new 08 for $3000-5000 more than a used 07, and get the options and colors you want.

Good luck
    --jjf

We've been looking into a new or barely used Durango limited (prefer used, the depreciation on these vehicles is a killer!).
    We have an offer for a brand new from one dealer with dealer incentives and holdback removed, and now another offer for virtually the same vehicle (with about $300 more in options), but it is a demo. They are asking MSRP less the $6k dealer incentive and less all but $200 of holdback totaling over 34K. No adjustment for the almost 3k miles on the car.
    Anyone have experience with purchasing a demo? How to negotiate for this? I look at Edmunds pricing on this vehicle as a used vehicle and MSRP is 31k! Low wholesale is 26K... I just can't fathom purchasing a USED vehicle for NEW price - anyone have experience with this?
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    Read my message above. If the friends code is like xplan or other marketing gimmicks manufacturers your better off just doing the above.

Good luck
    --jjf
    The friends code isn't a marketing gimmick .... Each dodge/chrysler/jeep employee gets 6 friends codes a calender year. They can then be transfered once to a friend. That friend then takes the code in and get 1% below dealer invoice on the vehicle and any optionsa nd packages plus $75 service fee. Add in any dealer rebates and dealer discounts and you get even more savings ... No fuss, no muss, no headaches dealing with the greedy sales people.
    Its a marketing gimmick. Anything that tries to put people at ease who want to avoid haggling is a marketing gimmick. Avoid haggling by getting competitive bids over email from 20 dealers eom. Avoid most greedy salespeople that way. Others may get the hidden dealer discounts with competitive bids and do better. If it was a great deal they wouldn't give out 6 of them, for friends, relatives and complete strangers who are suddenly friendly.

Look up the price of a used 07 like the 08 you want. It likely wholesales 16+k from msrp in 12 months.Anything over 20% more than the 1st year wholesale price is way too much as the used wholesale price of trucks like this is optimistic. A useful target on a 32k durango new would be something like 19-20k. The dodge ram 1500 has sold for 12k off msrp constantly for years with folks getting more off. (they better, the 42000 model wholesales used for 20000 in 12months.)

Trust me I did this for years and Domestic's Xplan, suppliers disc, etc people usually did worse than many, but better than blind walk-ins (which isn't saying much) Usually with their guard down they get taken modestly or big time. Many employees think they are dealing with their Company when all the dealers are independent owner operators.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to consumers who are looking to purchase an SUV right now. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle(s) you are researching or looking to purchase no later than Tuesday, June 3rd.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

If it were a marketing gimmick, then it would be available to all consumers, not such the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep employees. Go over & check out the Dodge Grand caravan & Chrysler T&C forums for buying experiences and let the employees who post there and give out thier extra friends codes that it's a gimmick.

I do however agree with the internet route though ... I've bought a couple cars that way ... e-mail a boatload of dealers and sit back and wait for the best internet price...but those prices still aren't usually below the invoice price like the friends code price is. Then again, when I bought cars this way, the economy wasn't taking a dump so that may work out better for some people now.
This discussion has been closed.